The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:17 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Pumped!

Woke up this morning eager to get to the gym and kill it today: gonna work out hard, gonna stay clean on diet, gonna get my supplements and gonna get to bed at a reasonable time.

Just feel like I have a beast inside me this morning, so I know I'm gonna wreak havoc at the gym today.

Who's with me? Who's ready to lift some iron today, and do everything they can to get bigger through some blood sweat and tears?

Raaaaaaar!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
Big RR (March 1st, 2013), cg12345 (April 9th, 2014), expandingMUSCLE (May 27th, 2013), Freaker!! (December 12th, 2013)
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:14 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
staying motivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus View Post
Woke up this morning eager to get to the gym and kill it today: gonna work out hard, gonna stay clean on diet, gonna get my supplements and gonna get to bed at a reasonable time.

Just feel like I have a beast inside me this morning, so I know I'm gonna wreak havoc at the gym today.

Who's with me? Who's ready to lift some iron today, and do everything they can to get bigger through some blood sweat and tears

Raaaaaaar!
Staying motivated is a key factor, because it takes years of consistent dedication to training to really get big.
  #3   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:29 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Who's with me? Who's ready to lift some iron today, and do everything they can to get bigger through some blood sweat and tears?
Absolutely with you on this- got to the gym twice and even managed a nap today.

Tonight will be more of a challenge- I have to go to my staff party with all of accompanying evil food and drink.

But I'm the one bringing the veggie tray and will sneak out to my car for a protein shake or two and will still get home early to get to bed on time.

bulkybud
  #4   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:43 PM

I managed the nap today.... :P

Well, I did yoga, too, and am coming off 6 days of heavy lifting and/or heavy cardio, so I can take it easy a bit today....

Tomorrow I'm back with a vengeance. >
The Following User Says Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
13hearts (January 12th, 2013)
  #5   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:55 AM

Heavy Squats today--being motivated is a necessity.
  #6   Add to DarkM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:04 PM

DarkM is on a distinguished road
I am there with you Magus. Leg day, I go in and I build a lot of hype to go as heavy as a I can. I end up limping out of the gym afterwards, but it feels so good. You know what I mean.
  #7   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:33 PM

Yesterday was leg day for me, still feeling the pain, but that's a good thing. Trainer wanted to go heavy, so that's what I did. Tomorrow is chest and back.
  #8   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM

You didn't lose your Mojo did you?
  #9   Add to cohzaku's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:30 PM

cohzaku is on a distinguished road
I'm an oddity. I've never understood the need for motivation of Leg Day...for me it's like the best day in the gym. Especially during a bulk when I can go heavy.

I usually do several varieties of squats, leg press, etc. I had to stop training calves because they were getting out of proportion.
  #10   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohzaku View Post
I'm an oddity. I've never understood the need for motivation of Leg Day...for me it's like the best day in the gym. Especially during a bulk when I can go heavy.

I usually do several varieties of squats, leg press, etc. I had to stop training calves because they were getting out of proportion.
You are not an oddity I am one of those who love leg day. Doing heavy squats is like a fun challenge. Its weird but because squats are such a challenge thats what makes them enjoyable. Deadlifts are another favorite.
  #11   Add to cohzaku's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:29 PM

cohzaku is on a distinguished road
I totally love deadlifts. Honestly, if I had a curse put on me that barred me from doing all but one exercise, I'd choose deadlifts, no question.
  #12   Add to RosettaWood's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM

RosettaWood is on a distinguished road
I would say my husband is with you, really determined man to get what he wants.
-Rosetta
  #13   Add to an0n12's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Mobility is for wimps.

an0n12 is on a distinguished road
Awesome to see fellow lifters whom are up for a challenge. Deadlifts, squats, and leg press are very taxing, draining, exercises leaving the body willing for the grave and me with a giant smile on my as I start the next set. I've been out of the gym almost the whole year and started up again & I am fuckin stoked! It's been two weeks and already I've gone from my legs screaming in agony from just the damned bar on squats to doing a set of 7x225lbs and another of 5x245lbs. Muscle memory, determination, youth what the hell ever I love it.
  #14   Add to RosettaWood's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2013, 07:49 AM

RosettaWood is on a distinguished road
Right. Though I am not a lifter but I do certain exercise, I like reading your motivating stories which I can share with my husband.
-Rosetta
The Following User Says Thank You to RosettaWood For This Useful Post:
Big RR (December 6th, 2013)
  #15   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2013, 08:56 AM

Squats used to terrify me, now they are my favorite exercise. If done with impeccable form they are quite possibly the best exercise you can do.
  #16   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 02:02 PM

Squats are my favourite, unless it's deadlift day. Both lifts are so intensely satisfying. There is nothing like hoisting a weight using the full power of your body, every time I get to the top of the lift, pushing through with my hips, it just feels good. When my form is on target, it's like I'm a superhero.

Anyway, just popped in because it's almost a year since I posted that, and I'm back to feeling about the same: I'm working a new program, my diet's locked in, I'm getting the rest I need, and my head is in exactly the right place. The year had some ups and downs, but I can look back and I can see how much progress I've made, all because of the consistency and the motivation I've worked to maintain over the year.

To anyone struggling with feeling motivated, all I have to say is forget about EVERYTHING you think you need to do to get the body you want. What program you do, what kind of diet you follow, what rep/set scheme, what lifts, what frequency, what macros, what supplements, what drugs.....that is all a distraction from the REAL key to success.

You want to get pumped, all you NEED to do is become consistent. Choose a program, choose a diet. Hell, spin a wheel and let chance figure it out. But whatever it is you're doing, do it. Do it completely and honestly. Do it when you're sick, do it when you're depressed, do it when it's raining, do it when you hate everything about yourself, do it when you hate doing it.

Muscles aren't built on the days when you're happy, when you feel strong, when the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

Muscles are built when the rain won't stop, the bus broke down, your boyfriend left you, your parents hate you, when work is a pain, and when you have no idea what the hell you're doing.

On your very worst day, if you can even make it inside the doors of your gym, even if you only do one rep of one lift and then leave...if you can do that on your very worst day, then you will wake up one day as a muscle beast.

In my oh-so-humble opinion, lol.
Mdlftr (January 15th, 2014)
  #17   Add to cg12345's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 06:48 PM

cg12345 is on a distinguished road
I did leg day last Sunday; quads are still burning Wednesday night. Hurts soooooo good.
I'm always hyped for leg day nowadays -- the last few times the pump has just been absolutely fucking savage. Quads feel monstrous, calves feel like they're made out of steel cables ... It's almost like I'm drunk off testosterone.
  #18   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:36 AM

Killer leg day yesterday, I had the perfect mindset for squats: very focused, driven, and ready to challenge myself. Each set I pushed out, I was grinning. Normally I'm too shy to make too much noise, but I was letting out some solid grunts and "fuck yeahs" each set I finished.

I'm feeling the pain today, but luckily it's chest day so my legs get a rest (after I shovel snow off the walkway, anyway). I'm hoping to have the same thing with my pecs today. I've been struggling with bench press the last few weeks, not getting the weight that I'm used to getting. My trainer and I went over some tweaks to my form last week, so we'll see if that helps. Any improvement at this point would be a huge boost to my confidence.
cg12345 (December 17th, 2013)
  #19   Add to cg12345's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM

Killed back this evening; overhand rowed 245 for 6 reps. The pump was absolutely dirty -- my lats felt like these big swollen blocks of muscle, shifting and pulling against my shirt whenever they flexed. So awesome.

Can't wait to wreck my quads tomorrow!
  #20   Add to cg12345's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2014, 07:22 PM

And the streak continues, lol!
Just finished killing chest and shoulders and the pump through my delts and triceps is fucking explosive! I want to live in the gym and keep pumping until every muscle is rock hard and throbbing with power! I never want this to stop!
  #21   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 14th, 2014, 03:02 PM

Awesome cg.

Leg day today. I wasn't sure if I was going to really push, and was thinking of going lighter than I needed to on the squats, but when decision time came I kept on schedule. I'm doing pyramids for my sets, so after the warmup I do reps of 12-10-8-6-8-10-12. My short-term goal is to crack 6 plates of 45 on the 6 reps (that's 315lbs). Last week I got 5 reps for 275lbs, and today I did all 6 at that weight, so I'll be adding another 10lbs next week. It felt good putting on a 25lb plate next to 2 45s, so I know it will feel better when I'm eventually loading 3 of those plates per side.

And I've mentioned it elsewhere, but fuck, my squats are my biggest wank material I have right now. Just thinking about squats gets my juices flowing.
CanadianGordon (January 15th, 2014)
  #22   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2014, 02:44 AM

I've been feeling a cold coming on the last few days so had taken a couple of days off from the gym to see if that helped. It didn't.

But seeing the Arnold last night and seeing the AMAZING physiques and having some idea of the incredible and mind blowing dedication it takes for those men to be in that kind of shape has lit a fire under my ass.

I'm at the gym right now killing a chest workout and hopefully killing this cold at yhe same time. Fuck weakness, I'm getting PUMPED.
  #23   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I've been feeling a cold coming on the last few days so had taken a couple of days off from the gym to see if that helped. It didn't.

But seeing the Arnold last night and seeing the AMAZING physiques and having some idea of the incredible and mind blowing dedication it takes for those men to be in that kind of shape has lit a fire under my ass.

I'm at the gym right now killing a chest workout and hopefully killing this cold at yhe same time. Fuck weakness, I'm getting PUMPED.
I have found that training hard is the best way to ward off illness. Once I get in the gym I quickly forget how crappy I was feeling earlier.
  #24   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2014, 04:05 AM

I play it by ear....sometimes a workout helps, other times I'm just so weak I can't deal.

But this fucking whatever it is is taking forever to go anywhere....i've basically had a mild case of the sniffles for a week. It's pissing me off, so now I'm channelling that rage into a shoulder workout. Military presses are a great way to deal with anger.
  #25   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:59 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Awesome cg.

Leg day today. ............
And I've mentioned it elsewhere, but fuck, my squats are my biggest wank material I have right now. Just thinking about squats gets my juices flowing.
There's just something about working legs and engaging all the big muscle groups - quads, hamstrings and glutes. I feel the erotic "buzz" for days afterwards! Totally get what you're experiencing!

Impressive workout numbers also!

Keep up the good work!

Mdlftr
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
Big RR (March 5th, 2014)
  #26   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2014, 07:43 PM

New program is starting next week. My trainer wants to focus on strength for basic lifts, so each day I'll be at 80-90% my 1rm for squats, bench, deads, etc (one per day not all at once haha) but then for my auxillary movements he wants me to do low weight high rep and go for the pump, so I'm going to be literally pumped every single day.

I 've always heard guys talk about doing 20-rep schemes to feel that pump but never really went there because I'm usually working on some other program, so I'm excited to get things started.
  #27   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2014, 07:23 PM

I am doing a 20 rep squat routine its really difficult and you only workout 4 times a week not every day. I am not sure which is more difficult--squatting until I puke, or not working out at the gym 3 days a week.
  #28   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2014, 08:06 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Is it weird of me to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflated View Post
I am doing a 20 rep squat routine its really difficult and you only workout 4 times a week not every day. I am not sure which is more difficult--squatting until I puke, or not working out at the gym 3 days a week.
I chuckled when I read this. I totally get what you mean!

When you're really into lifting, balls to the wall, you want to exercise
everything BUT

moderation!
  #29   Add to cg12345's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2014, 05:38 AM

I had my rest day yesterday, and today I'm absolutely CRAVING the gym. I wanna feel that huge swollen pump in my muscles, I wanna shift heavy-ass weight until I can't even move anymore, I wanna be surrounded by grunting, straining muscle studs, hearing the clank of iron, the smell of sweat and testosterone, I wanna TEAR THE FUCKING PLACE APART!! ROAAAAR!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cg12345 For This Useful Post:
The Magus (April 9th, 2014)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode