The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 2.76 average. Display Modes
  #41   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 8th, 2013, 04:49 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Hey guys,
First, bad news not a great eating week very stressful from tests and a phone interview for an internship that I really want (I think I nailed it by the way), but making it up today and onward to just stick to the diet. It wouldn't always be easy but this isn't supposed to be.

Great shoulder workout last night. Started with standing push press for 225 for 4 set of 6+ reps and then a giant deloading set that really take me out and it got more intense from there after a good hour and a half my shoulder were on fire and bloated as all hell. Loved it.

Weekly weigh-in tomorrow.

May the Bulk Continue!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:10 AM
In Serious Mode

Weigh is at 259.2, I know I could have done more. Just got to focus and make sure the eating happens whether I want it to or not.

5.8 away from my all time high that's the goal this week to over that all time high. Let's go

Last edited by GTlifter; February 13th, 2013 at 05:22 PM.
  #43   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 16th, 2013, 03:28 AM
In Serious Mode

Had a great eating week refocused myself and mental bridges were crossed for growth.

265.2 lbs this morning on an empty stomach
  #44   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:01 AM

niko777 is on a distinguished road
Wow, 6 pounds in ? week is awesome!
  #45   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM

Hi guys,

Tomorrow, I'm gonna see a surgeon to talk about that second cyst/abscess/bump I got and also about the scar of the first one that is painful sometimes.

Honestly, I'm a bit discouraged by all this. Luckily, I can work from home, so I don't have to miss work even if I get an operation, but still, it's not a nice situation.

Last week, I almost went nuts when one of the doctors I saw told me that I should get some exercise because my cholesterol is a little high. I almost screamed: "Oh yeah? Try to run on a treadmill with a cyst on your butt cleft!"

Anyway, let's hope everything will be better tomorrow. Heck, if the surgeon could excise the damn thing right away under local anesthesia, that would be AWESOME.

I'll keep you updated.

Take care guys,

Niko
The Following User Says Thank You to niko777 For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (February 19th, 2013)
  #46   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:25 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Keep on keeping on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko777 View Post
Hi guys,

Tomorrow, I'm gonna see a surgeon to talk about that second cyst/abscess/bump I got and also about the scar of the first one that is painful sometimes.

Honestly, I'm a bit discouraged by all this. Luckily, I can work from home, so I don't have to miss work even if I get an operation, but still, it's not a nice situation.

Last week, I almost went nuts when one of the doctors I saw told me that I should get some exercise because my cholesterol is a little high. I almost screamed: "Oh yeah? Try to run on a treadmill with a cyst on your butt cleft!"

Anyway, let's hope everything will be better tomorrow. Heck, if the surgeon could excise the damn thing right away under local anesthesia, that would be AWESOME.

I'll keep you updated.

Take care guys,

Niko
Niko,
As someone who's had his share of set backs, let me be the first on this thread to commend you for keeping on with your routine! God knows, when you feel like crap, the LAST thing you want to do is exercise! Know that this will pass. Sometimes the stress of things going wrong is so frustrating you want to scream and throw things! But it'll get better. You'll be back in the gym before you know it!

Chin up!

Mdlftr
  #47   Add to brutus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:47 PM

brutus is on a distinguished road
I'd like to second what MDLifter said. Lifting is such a long-term thing, and the body is so slow to transform, so don't worry about the short-term. Ask the doctor what you CAN do. Sometimes they need to be asked direct questions, and always bring a friend/family member. Bringing someone to the office visits gives you a second person to ask questions/advocate for you, and they will be able to remember better. I find that it is hard for me to remember what a doctor tells me because I am so emotional during my visits (I work hard for my body after-all!) If you can't exercise for a while, then meditate. There is a lot of evidence that going through a movement mentally is nearly as good as performing it. There are many options, but know that perfect health is on its way to you, you just have to stay positive & focused.
  #48   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:45 PM

Thanks guys, it really means a lot to me. I won't give up. I'm getting this cyst operated in 5 days, but I won't let that stop me.
  #49   Add to brutus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:07 AM

brutus is on a distinguished road
Really get your nutrition in check before the operation. That will heal you heal faster, and get back faster. I'd suggest juicing cleansing veggies (like cucumbers, celery, cilantro & parsley) and taking glutamine.
  #50   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
Really get your nutrition in check before the operation. That will heal you heal faster, and get back faster. I'd suggest juicing cleansing veggies (like cucumbers, celery, cilantro & parsley) and taking glutamine.
Be careful about that. "Cleansing" doesn't really mean anything medically, unless you're talking high fiber. And high fiber may be something you need to avoid while healing. Talk to your doctor about it.
  #51   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Hi guys,

It feels like an eternity since I wrote in this thread.

First, a little update on my health. I was operated for my second cyst, and it went pretty well. I think the operation didn't take more than 15 minutes, and I could leave afterwards. The surgeon showed me the cyst, and it was pretty small, like 3-4 rice grains put together in a little ball.

However, a few days after my operation, 2 other bumps appeared. One on my ass, not on the cleft but on my left cheek near the cleft, and one on one of my testicles. I went to the doctor right away, and she basically told me she couldn't do anything and that I would probably have that problem all my life. Yay... She even told me to put hot compresses on them and try to pop them (?!?!), while other doctors said it was the thing NOT to do, lol...

Anyway, I decided to try to cure myself and took in garlic pills, vitamins, minerals, turmeric powder, etc. While the turmeric powder ingested with olive oil, warm water and black pepper kinda helped my skin in general and made the bumps reduce a little bit, the bumps were still hurting and the one on my butt was even starting to get red and inflamed.

This whole situation made me closer to God. I'm not trying to convert anyone here, hahaha, but I'll just say that I started praying Him again. And it gave me peace.

And then, one of my dad's coworker gave him a calendula (marigold) ointment that comes from her country (Romania) and told him to tell me to put some on the bumps. Apparently, it's viewed as a kind of "cure it all" medecine there. Pimples, hemmoroids, eczema, psoriasis, etc.

Well guess what? After a few days, the redness and inflammation is almost all gone! I can still feel the bumps, but they are not as painful as before. I'm gonna see my doctor in a week or so and my surgeon in about 2 weeks, so if the calendula thing doesn't cure the bumps, at least it will keep me from having to go to the ER and stay at the hospital for days. So that's a good thing.

Now, for the body update.

I realized that being fat could very well contribute to me having those things. So I decided to lose a lot of weight and go back to around 170 pounds. I know, it's sad, I like being big myself, but between being big and being healthy, I'm gonna chose the later one.

So yeah, I've been cutting. Here are my previous stats:

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 255 pounds
Chest: 48"
Waist: 43.5"
Arms: 17 and 7/8th"
Neck: 18.75"
Thighs: 29"
Calves: 18.5"
Forearms: 13 and 5/8th"

And here my new stats:

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 234 pounds
Chest: 46"
Waist: 41"
Arms: 17 and 2/8th"
Neck: 18.25"
Thighs: 25"
Calves: 18"
Forearms: 13 and 2/8th"

I'll continue losing weight and hopefully, at 170 pounds, I'll be one slim but jacked fellow.

Take care guys,

Niko
The Following User Says Thank You to niko777 For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (March 19th, 2013)
  #52   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:58 AM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
Hope things with those cysts continue to improve for you, and good luck with the cutting.

I definitely understand the desire to just keep getting bigger. That's how I am too. I've started cutting and it's definitely hard, but I'm carrying around too much fat, and I think it contributed to me hurting my back a couple months ago, so I know it's for the best. Gotta focus on long term. After cutting out the fat, you can get back to growing muscle. And one plus is losing fat does make the muscle you got look even bigger, so that's something to look forward to. good luck!
  #53   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:44 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Oh man, I was getting quite concerned. But if losing bodyfat also helps, then perhaps that's a good motivation, but do keep working on the muscle. It's not size alone but the composition, and if you're working on that then you won't be as likely to end up diabetic, with heart disease and unable to move easily. I would advise not worrying about the number of pounds, but rather, body composition, if you can change your brain around to thinking that way.
  #54   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:41 PM

Don't worry, I'm not going to stop working out. I already lost 21 pounds since last update, and I barely lost any muscle size. It's just that when I weighed 160 pounds, I was really lean and healthy, but I had less muscle than I have now, so I guessed that 170 pounds was the right weight for me. But yeah, of course, I'm gonna try to have the bodyfat % as low as possible without doing anything extreme, hahaha.

But you know, I also have to go down in size. Those cysts or boils can be cause by sweat and friction. And that comes with size.
  #55   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM

OMG, this morning, when I had my first bowel movement of the day, there was a lot of blood coming with it... Not a lot like in "I'm gonna die", but more than usual. Can't wait to see my doctor on monday morning... Let's hope he listens to me, this time.
  #56   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
I feel for you niko. I'm glad you are losing fat despite your other health issues. Keep at it and stay positive.
  #57   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:58 PM

Thanks, man, it means a lot. I'll give you guys an update on monday, hopefully.
  #58   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Hi guys,

Just a little update. I'm now stable at 232-233 pounds. It's always like that when you start losing a lot of weight: you lose a bunch of pounds, then you plateau for a little while before starting to lose weight again. So I'm not bummed or anything, since I've been there before.

While watching videos on youtube, I came upon this one:

If you watch it until the end, you see this guy, Gabriel Davidson, before taking this pre-workout product, Prewrek, and working out, and after. And man, his pump looks insane in the after part.

I ordered the sample (6 doses) of this product on the company website. It was free, and I had to pay the shipping only (about 5$). I received the samples yesterday and tried it today before my arms workout.

Cold, my arms were about 17". I worked out for about 45-50 min. And guess what? Pumped, they were like 18 1/8"!!! :O I was really amazed. I had a lot of energy, and an hour and a half later, no crash, noting bad to say.

They're not giving me anything to tell you this, hahaha, but seriously, the only thing that ever gave me such a pump was a combination of nanovapor with something else (don't remember the name of the product), and Prewrek was even better.

In the video, he says that he wanted to continue and continue working out, and it was precisely the feeling I had.

So yeah, an hour and a half later, my arms are still pumped at about 17.75", which is awesome.

You should check his channel. A bunch of interesting videos. Like this one (impressive pecs)

Or this one (arms)

He has a lot of workout videos and supplement reviews.

So yeah, I'm still cutting and working out. I really hope that one day I will have the body of my dreams, hahaha.

Take care guys,

Niko
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to niko777 For This Useful Post:
BBMikeNJ (March 28th, 2013), The Magus (March 28th, 2013), wrestlejock646 (March 28th, 2013)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options