The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:55 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
When you show off..

This is a new thread, meant to complete the "when I notice" and "when other notice": tales of random acts of show-off! from wearing a tight shirt deliberately and telling on the reactions, to bouncing pecs when someone is caught staring (true story, more than once..)

I know such behavior is sometimes frawned at; "what's your problem, ego man?".
but it can be so much fun! I admit I sometimes do that, whether its bouncing my pectorals, flexing my lats..

Its tell time!

Last edited by inm; March 31st, 2013 at 06:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inm For This Useful Post:
falseyedee (April 1st, 2013), ushersdick (March 31st, 2013)
  #2   Add to adre2108's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:05 AM

adre2108 is on a distinguished road
As soon as it is warm enough I wear sleeveless shirts for 99% of the time to show of my arms. I have flexed my arms or my chest more than once for the fun of seeing the reactions of people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adre2108 For This Useful Post:
inm (April 1st, 2013), ushersdick (March 31st, 2013)
  #3   Add to reilly97's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:38 AM

reilly97 is on a distinguished road
I've grown into a huge showoff myself. Having been the smaller dude in the gym for years, I'm happy to have grown into a 6'2" 220lbs bigger dude. While growing i used to be shy about my new physique, but i would get comments all the time. Nowadays all I need is a random person peeking at my arm and up goes the arm to give them a good look at my 18incher. Also fun; pretending to yawn and raise my hands behind my head to give my audience a good look at my bi's. Always a hit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reilly97 For This Useful Post:
Big RR (November 10th, 2013), falseyedee (April 1st, 2013), ushersdick (March 31st, 2013)
  #4   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 11:54 AM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
I definitely play up the size difference in my arms now. I'll wear shirts with tight sleeves, or sleeveless whenever possible.

Last week I went to work when I wasn't working to eat. I wore a Nutrex t-shirt and the sleeves were quite tight. made my arms look good and muscular. Some of the people there haven't seen me not in a dress shirt with tie, and it made an impression. The next day a few were like "i didn't know how big your arms were. saw you walking up and it's like 'oh, well hello there mr. brad" haha. loved it.
Jim USA (April 6th, 2013), Otaru_grower (April 17th, 2013)
  #5   Add to PecFlex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:38 PM

PecFlex is on a distinguished road
If you have to knowingly wear tight clothing or walk around flexing to try to get a reaction or seek attention it shows insecurity or need. It's when you got it and you don't intend to seek attention but get noticed anyway that's exuding masculinity and awesomeness. The alpha male.
  #6   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 04:36 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
That's why unintentional hulk outs are the hottest and sexiest. I've never seen one up close and personal, but in my fantasy the musclegod wouldn't even be aware of it until the shirt or pants were destroyed, and would even then have a little of "aw shucks" embarrassment about it, perhaps even red faced. But that's my fantasy, I might be a little weird.
  #7   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Muscles go with anything~

Rarity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecFlex View Post
If you have to knowingly wear tight clothing or walk around flexing to try to get a reaction or seek attention it shows insecurity or need. It's when you got it and you don't intend to seek attention but get noticed anyway that's exuding masculinity and awesomeness. The alpha male.
Like they say, "Got it? Flaunt it!"

People usually take that the very wrong way. What it means in realistic terms it to "accentuate your good features," don't go out of your way to shove them out there. IE: some muscle man wearing a bright green shirt that is 2 sizes too small.

Some people enjoy those who parade around, while others do not. It depends on the crowd and setting. Albeit, it's so much better to be a classy muscle man rather than an attention-seeking one.

Since we're on the subject. . .

Fashion Tips W/ Shirts: Be Buff Without Being 2Obvious2Handle
Do not wear clothes that show signs of being altered (cut sleeves/pant legs, rips). It's trashy and also makes it look like you are trying too hard to show off your muscles.

Accentuate your features. Sounds like a "girly" term, because it's used in fashion a lot, but whaaaaaaatever. A muscleman's main features are clearly his muscles, though only his arms, shoulders, and neck are the only acceptable things that can show in many public areas. As such, a sleeveless shirt of any kind is OK. Tight shirts are fine too, but if it's too tight and restricts your movement - you've gone too far. It will also be painfully obvious that you are "trying too hard" if you can barely move in it.

Stay away from ridiculous colors. The individual colors of the rainbow are not ridiculous at all, it's the various shades/contrasts that they come in that can make them look ridiculous. It's usually a good bet to stick with darker shades. Pastels are fine too, as long as it's not a solid/obnoxious type of pastel. The brighter it is, the bigger the chance that your attire screams "PLZ LOOK @ ME!!!" Which just equals to a flat nope. Just. Nope.

I only commented on fashion, not behavior. I think if I did comment on behavior, it would be the opposite of what this topic wants. Since showing off passively or aggressively are two different things. Stay classy.
  #8   Add to ihavebigpecs's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:32 PM

ihavebigpecs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adre2108 View Post
As soon as it is warm enough I wear sleeveless shirts for 99% of the time to show of my arms. I have flexed my arms or my chest more than once for the fun of seeing the reactions of people.
Only 99%? what about the other 1% of the time?
  #9   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:32 PM

Curiosity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
Do not wear clothes that show signs of being altered (cut sleeves/pant legs, rips). It's trashy and also makes it look like you are trying too hard to show off your muscles.
I think the important exception to make here is where the clothes (say, a shirt) don't quite fit in all areas. Let's face it, we all know that bodybuilders have trouble finding clothes that actually fit well. I used to work with a guy who had bodybuilding for a few years before I met him and the whole three years that we worked together. (Just realized how appropriate this story is, more below.) We had company-issued polos, and he always wore an XL. But, he had really big arms, and in order to keep from cutting off circulation, he had to cut a slit up the side of the sleeves. So I'd say that when you have a shirt that mostly fits and the next size up is too big for your taste, go ahead and alter a little if it'll still be appropriate. I assume what Rarity is referring to is is more like this: http://blog.rateyourburn.com/blog/Up...tcamp-----.jpg, where a guy cuts off the sleeves and most of the side of the shirt. If that's the case, then yeah, don't wear that shit in public. It makes you look douchey. And that's douchey, not douch?.

As for the bodybuilder I worked with, there was this one time where we got seasonal t-shirts, with regular tees for the guys and baby tees for the girls (you know, like this, with the really short sleeves (disregard the Biebs. It was the best example google gave me): http://images.stylinonline.com/baby-...-bieber-xo.jpg) On a whim, he decided to stuff himself into a women's small, just to see. He could hardly move, and after about 20 minutes he had to go change because he couldn't breathe, but it was glorious. I definitely found reasons to loiter near his station just so I could look. But yeah, there are limits to tightness.
  #10   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:34 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
I have to say that was one of the most interesting posts I've ever read on here. Never before have I ever logged onto this site and ended up feeling like I was standing next to Joan Rivers on the red carpet. Hats off to ya!
  #11   Add to ihavebigpecs's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly97 View Post
I've grown into a huge showoff myself. Having been the smaller dude in the gym for years, I'm happy to have grown into a 6'2" 220lbs bigger dude. While growing i used to be shy about my new physique, but i would get comments all the time. Nowadays all I need is a random person peeking at my arm and up goes the arm to give them a good look at my 18incher. Also fun; pretending to yawn and raise my hands behind my head to give my audience a good look at my bi's. Always a hit.
I can imagine you get a lot of attention with 18 inch biceps.
  #12   Add to nzbodybuilder's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:47 PM

nzbodybuilder is on a distinguished road
I've got it, and I seek attention

I love the fact that I am now over 250 lbs of brutish offseason muscle, and I am doing EVERYTHING to get noticed!

I have cut my hair into a mohawke style, I swear stringers (string singlets, or what Americans call "tank tops") all the time (helps to live in Australia - warm weather and all). I wear short shorts. At the gym I even wear GASP hot pants that show off EVERYTHING! I have big lifting boots that I wear at the gym and when I go out. I wear a chain necklace.
I cut off the sleeves of my tops, I make adjustments to many articles of my clothes so I can show off as much of my growing physique as possible.

I honestly don't care if people think I'm trying too hard. PecFlex, mate, I'm not going to argue with you, but I was insecure when I didn't have size and always covered myself up. What I do now makes me feel like an alpha male! And trust me, MANY people love how I look.

What is classy exactly? I don't want to be like everyone else. I want to be what I see is the ideal brute muscle man, from the pics I have seen in magazines when I grew up of the massive bodybuilders in next to nothing flaunting it all.

If a big muscle man was walking down the street showing off as much muscle as possible, and being very obvious about it, I believe that every single one of you would turn your heads and watch and ENJOY the display!

Last edited by nzbodybuilder; April 1st, 2013 at 01:28 AM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nzbodybuilder For This Useful Post:
Bear89 (April 9th, 2013), Big RR (April 4th, 2013), cg12345 (April 2nd, 2013), gladfanuk (April 3rd, 2013), inm (April 2nd, 2013), mmfan2 (April 2nd, 2013), muscleboy82000 (April 8th, 2013), ozmstud (April 3rd, 2013), poly-nz1972 (May 7th, 2013), Ragetiger (April 1st, 2013), The Magus (April 2nd, 2013), theunknown (April 1st, 2013), toby182 (April 1st, 2013), wanthugemass (April 1st, 2013)
  #13   Add to adre2108's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:36 AM

adre2108 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavebigpecs View Post
Only 99%? what about the other 1% of the time?
In this situations a sleeveless shirt would not be appropriate. I also often go jogging shirtless or work shirtless in the garden. So I guess I'm not wearing sleeveless shirts 99% of the time after all
  #14   Add to wanthugemass's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:43 AM

wanthugemass is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wanthugemass
I don't care what they wear...if they're huge, muscled up and know it, they can show it off for me any way they want!
  #15   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:35 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzbodybuilder View Post
I love the fact that I am now over 250 lbs of brutish offseason muscle, and I am doing EVERYTHING to get noticed!

I have cut my hair into a mohawke style, I swear stringers (string singlets, or what Americans call "tank tops") all the time (helps to live in Australia - warm weather and all). I wear short shorts. At the gym I even wear GASP hot pants that show off EVERYTHING! I have big lifting boots that I wear at the gym and when I go out. I wear a chain necklace.
I cut off the sleeves of my tops, I make adjustments to many articles of my clothes so I can show off as much of my growing physique as possible.

I honestly don't care if people think I'm trying too hard. PecFlex, mate, I'm not going to argue with you, but I was insecure when I didn't have size and always covered myself up. What I do now makes me feel like an alpha male! And trust me, MANY people love how I look.

What is classy exactly? I don't want to be like everyone else. I want to be what I see is the ideal brute muscle man, from the pics I have seen in magazines when I grew up of the massive bodybuilders in next to nothing flaunting it all.

If a big muscle man was walking down the street showing off as much muscle as possible, and being very obvious about it, I believe that every single one of you would turn your heads and watch and ENJOY the display!
I am totally jealous, though I'm too shy to wear the short shorts. I will do shopping after a workout so still wearing the stretch sleeveless shirt.

I did see a great video of Tony Maxim strolling down the street. Now I would love to do this someday.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #16   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr View Post
That's why unintentional hulk outs are the hottest and sexiest. I've never seen one up close and personal, but in my fantasy the musclegod wouldn't even be aware of it until the shirt or pants were destroyed, and would even then have a little of "aw shucks" embarrassment about it, perhaps even red faced. But that's my fantasy, I might be a little weird.
LOL, it my shirt ever did that, I'd be steaming-red embarrassed! Pecflex, though protesting a bit too much for a man with such a showoff nickname, may have a point, but knowing the trick diminishes your alpha-ness
Besides, there's the simple fun of it! Especially having been shapeless and fat till my mid '20s. like nzbodybuilder, I too used to wear 5XL shirts to hide myself. While I dont go to his extreme (..yet?), I totally agree with what he wrote. the catcalls and straight-on hits are fun, too.

and Tony Maxim's belly is in the right place at hollywood blvd...
  #17   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:01 AM

done analyzing? good, because its story time, a true story, and it starts with a tight T, going to the gym. I still like that shirt, for the way it shows off my chest, and hangs loose at my waist. The restaurant stores its junk at the staircase of the gym building, so everyone takes the slow elevator to the gym, which is at the mid-floor. With me is a very heavy woman, and she stares, and its not my eyes she's looking at. "everything OK?" I say, innocently. She flushes a bit, says nothing, but keeps looking, and I think, "at least lets make sure she enjoys the next 15 seconds!". I sucked my abs in, which inflates my chest further, slowly flexed my pectorals a few times, and smiled. her eyes widened, I think she stopped breathing, and the doors open at the gym, my cue to exit.

And that, dear forum, was my good deed of that afternoon.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inm For This Useful Post:
bulkybud (April 1st, 2013), falseyedee (April 1st, 2013), Jaekel (April 1st, 2013), MuscleHintz (April 3rd, 2013), The Magus (April 2nd, 2013)
  #18   Add to theunknown's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:26 PM

theunknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

The fact that you're around that weight it's pretty impressive. Hell, I don't blame you for doing it if you can and makes you feel better. I don't think you have to do a lot to get noticed at that size though. I mean, 250 lbs is 250 lbs.
  #19   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
growing muscle guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecFlex View Post
a bit judgey I'd say. In my case, my arms are just simply bigger. I haven't bought shirts that are too tight. The shirts I own have simply become tighter in the sleeves. Otherwise they still fit about the same. Looser mostly because I've lost alot of fat. I enjoyed that people at work started talking about it, but at the same time my ears did turn red. Far from an attention seeker in the real world, but around here, a forum based on the love of muscle, I would think it natural to express my appreciation that I have grown muscle and enjoy that without much judgment. Just my opinion.
inm (April 1st, 2013)
  #20   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
As someone who's shy and has anxiety in social situations, I wish I had even -half- the guts some of these guys have. I think there's a way to show off without being a jerk, but even the guys who are completely oblivious to how they're perceived and just do it because they want to do it earn some envy from me.

I've spent too much of my life being afraid of others judging me to want to start judging other guys for showing off. I'd love to be in their shoes, not just physically, but to mentally/emotionally have that kind of confidence would be a thrill.

Guys who like to flex and show off: go for it, man. You've got a fan.
  #21   Add to TemptationIV's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:50 PM

TemptationIV is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to TemptationIV
I think if guys have the muscle to show off then they should show it off! It doesnt at all mean that youre a jerk or an ass or whatever. I know I would love to see more of it!
  #22   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:13 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
My youngest brother is a junior in college. He is 5 foot 11 and about 200 pounds so he is not really big, but has really low bodyfat so he shows a lot of muscular definition. Anyway he told me he likes to wear tank tops and will flex just enough to show off his muscles. Said one day he sat in front of the class with his arms behind his head flexing first the right arm and then the left arm and back and forth. Apparently he drew quite a bit of attention from the others in the class cause the professor finally looked at him and told him to stop since people weren't paying attention to the lecture. After class he and his buddies waited until they got out of the lecture hall and then cracked up laughing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Big RR (November 10th, 2013), Faust2001 (April 6th, 2013), jtchef (April 8th, 2013)
  #23   Add to nzbodybuilder's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM

nzbodybuilder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunknown View Post
The fact that you're around that weight it's pretty impressive. Hell, I don't blame you for doing it if you can and makes you feel better. I don't think you have to do a lot to get noticed at that size though. I mean, 250 lbs is 250 lbs.
You are right. People can see that I am a big guy even when I'm covered up a bit more. But why cover up when I have put a lot of time and effort into my growth? So as to why I hardly cover up!

I love it when walking down the street and can see my reflection in a shop window, and just realise how much I'm showing off, how big I am, and can see the reflection of others as their heads turn as they watch me walk past.
The hottest part is when my boyfriend is walking next to me. He is 45 kgs lighter than me, and seeing the size difference is a MAJOR ego boost!
The Following User Says Thank You to nzbodybuilder For This Useful Post:
Big RR (May 19th, 2013)
  #24   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
You are right. People can see that I am a big guy even when I'm covered up a bit more. But why cover up when I have put a lot of time and effort into my growth? So as to why I hardly cover up!

I love it when walking down the street and can see my reflection in a shop window, and just realise how much I'm showing off, how big I am, and can see the reflection of others as their heads turn as they watch me walk past.
The hottest part is when my boyfriend is walking next to me. He is 45 kgs lighter than me, and seeing the size difference is a MAJOR ego boost!
I like your attitude!
  #25   Add to reilly97's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:04 AM

reilly97 is on a distinguished road
I recognize myself in ur message nzbodybuilder. At 95kg I'm about 30kgs heavier then my boyfriend as well. Not as big of a difference as you and your bf but still, I'm noticeably bigger then him, also in length. It's something that I know he really enjoys, also when we are walking down the street. I sure wasn't born as an alpha, but i've trained and eaten myself into one by now for sure. And sure, why not enjoy the looks and the turning heads? This one time, a dude just kept staring. It was clearly that he was checking out my muscles. After a while I got up and walked up to him, which made him nervous. I stopped in front of his table, raised my arms and gave him for a good 10 seconds a good look a my double biceps, only to turn around after the show and sit back down at my own table. My boyfriend, still sitting at that table, and who saw the whole thing, had gotten rock hard. Yeah, i don't have problems any more with showing off, I guess....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reilly97 For This Useful Post:
Big RR (November 10th, 2013), Faust2001 (April 6th, 2013), hero1000 (September 24th, 2013), inm (April 4th, 2013), Otaru_grower (April 17th, 2013)
  #26   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I recognize myself in ur message nzbodybuilder. At 95kg I'm about 30kgs heavier then my boyfriend as well. Not as big of a difference as you and your bf but still, I'm noticeably bigger then him, also in length. It's something that I know he really enjoys, also when we are walking down the street. I sure wasn't born as an alpha, but i've trained and eaten myself into one by now for sure. And sure, why not enjoy the looks and the turning heads? This one time, a dude just kept staring. It was clearly that he was checking out my muscles. After a while I got up and walked up to him, which made him nervous. I stopped in front of his table, raised my arms and gave him for a good 10 seconds a good look a my double biceps, only to turn around after the show and sit back down at my own table. My boyfriend, still sitting at that table, and who saw the whole thing, had gotten rock hard. Yeah, i don't have problems any more with showing off, I guess....
but wait.. what did mr. Dude say?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inm For This Useful Post:
Big RR (April 8th, 2013), mguy (April 13th, 2013), N2BudMusl (April 13th, 2013)
  #27   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:58 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Sometimes giving a little flex is just the courteous thing to do. I?m at the grocery check-out in a sleeveless shirt unloading my cart and notice the lady behind me staring at my arms. So then, just for her, I made sure every item that I removed from my cart required my triceps to flex.

If you look good in a yellow sweater, wear a yellow sweater. If you look good in a sleeveless shirt, wear a sleeveless shirt!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jim USA For This Useful Post:
bbgonnabe (June 11th, 2013), Big RR (April 8th, 2013), Faust2001 (April 6th, 2013), stronguns (April 6th, 2013)
  #28   Add to not2bright's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:51 PM

not2bright is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is so awesome!

So... Where did this happen and when will you be there next?

#29   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:21 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
I was at the eye doctors waiting to get my new glasses when in walks this guy with his wife. They sit down and start staring at me. I decided to make it worth their while so I bounced my pecs a few times then put my right hand on my left knee and pressed down. This caused my tricep to flare out and show the striations and horse shoe shape. He immediately grabbed his own arm. I love it when guys do that, it's obvious they are comparing their own muscle with yours. I relaxed and tensed the muscle several times. All of a sudden I saw his pants tent up. she saw it too. She hit him on the arm and gave him the most disgusting look. I guess what I did next was cruel, but I couldn't resist. I took my hand off my leg and put my index finger up to my glasses to push them up my nose. Keeping my finger there, I flexed my bicep and tensed my tricep. Poor guy lost it. Had to get up and run to the men's room. She glared at me. I just smiled.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Big RR (April 8th, 2013), cohzaku (April 12th, 2013), EverHopeful (April 14th, 2013), ihavebigpecs (April 7th, 2013), inm (April 8th, 2013), jtchef (April 8th, 2013), ushersdick (April 14th, 2013)
  #30   Add to ihavebigpecs's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
I was at the eye doctors waiting to get my new glasses when in walks this guy with his wife. They sit down and start staring at me. I decided to make it worth their while so I bounced my pecs a few times then put my right hand on my left knee and pressed down. This caused my tricep to flare out and show the striations and horse shoe shape. He immediately grabbed his own arm. I love it when guys do that, it's obvious they are comparing their own muscle with yours. I relaxed and tensed the muscle several times. All of a sudden I saw his pants tent up. she saw it too. She hit him on the arm and gave him the most disgusting look. I guess what I did next was cruel, but I couldn't resist. I took my hand off my leg and put my index finger up to my glasses to push them up my nose. Keeping my finger there, I flexed my bicep and tensed my tricep. Poor guy lost it. Had to get up and run to the men's room. She glared at me. I just smiled.
that's very funny!
The Following User Says Thank You to ihavebigpecs For This Useful Post:
Big RR (April 8th, 2013)
  #31   Add to pearlice's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM

pearlice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post

Cool experience. Love to talk to you.
  #32   Add to PecFlex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemptationIV View Post
I think if guys have the muscle to show off then they should show it off! It doesnt at all mean that youre a jerk or an ass or whatever. I know I would love to see more of it!
You are exactly right but is that what the average gym goer thinks????

There is an entire industry based on "hating" on guys who go around "showing off" ie....Planet Fitness, Fitness gyms that discourage weights etc....and we ALL know the image that muscled up guys get in MOST fitness type gyms where the trainers or staff feel intimidated or jealous and don't even want you there.

There is even a few threads on THIS site that complain about the gym bully, gym intimidator, gym alphas etc....

So based on what is being posted here maybe those positive & negative stereotypes that people have of muscle guys are true?????
  #33   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:59 PM

dont understand the connection you make here. I challenge you to show one story in this thread where someone was intimidating.
  #34   Add to PecFlex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:50 PM

Im not talking "stories" Im talking REAL posts on this forum ...entire threads about how guys are intimidated in the gym by guys who go around flexing , wearing tight shirts and trying to act like bad asses or alphas and all that type of attention seeking behaviour out in the gym or in public venues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm View Post
dont understand the connection you make here. I challenge you to show one story in this thread where someone was intimidating.
  #35   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
growing muscle guy

it's true there are asses out there, but I feel this issue is misplaced in this thread. This is a topic about those of us who have worked out to gain muscle and feel some level of appreciation when that muscle gets noticed, whether we are trying or not. I'm finding everyone in this thread to be humble, and just enjoying the fact that they're gaining something that has been in their fantasies in one form or another. There's nothing wrong with that.

And there must still be some level of love and appreciation for muscle out there if those of us here get noticed by others in a positive way.

Valid points pecflex, but they belong in those threads that are actually about the gym bullies and assholes. Here it's coming across as putting down those who simply want to enjoy their hard work and dedication.
nzbodybuilder (April 13th, 2013)
  #36   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:42 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Show Off Shirts

So what if you are going someplace a bit more formal- where sleeveless is out and collars are in?
What do you wear to show off?

bulkybud
  #37   Add to MLMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM

MLMuscle is on a distinguished road
A cool, more formal showoff shirt to wear

I recently added a fair amount of ripped muscle and veins due to a change in my bodybuilding routine (which I will post about shortly in this section of the forum with pictures) so I decided to go sleeveless almost anywhere that I can. At more formal places, I will wear a sleeveless dress shirt with a collar (yes, they sell them for guys and they are getting more popular every year). I wore one recently to a wedding with a nice pair of pants and, at the reception, everyone was looking at my biceps and veins and it was just awesome. I made sure that I pumped up my muscles before I left for the wedding and I tried to keep my biceps, shoulders, and forearms just slightly tensed most of the time so that my veins would show. At one point, I was sitting at a table eating and there were 2 guys that just couldn't stop staring at my muscles. So, I put my palm under the table and pushed against it making my bicep muscle and vein really push out. I looked at one of the guys who was watching and smiled at him and he looked embarrassed and looked away, but you could see that he was almost shaking from being excited to see the muscle and my veins sticking out! Anyway, sleeveless dress shirts are awesome and I wear them all the time! Aside from looking good, they are incredibly comfortable too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MLMuscle For This Useful Post:
cambeartx (February 8th, 2014), marmel (April 17th, 2013), Otaru_grower (April 17th, 2013)
  #38   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:31 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
Bulky, from what it sounds like, you're big enough so that your muscles will pop even in a dress shirt!

But really...you can't go wrong with a nice tight polo shirt, right? One that shows off your arms and is tight in the chest.
  #39   Add to ihavebigpecs's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLMuscle View Post
I recently added a fair amount of ripped muscle and veins due to a change in my bodybuilding routine (which I will post about shortly in this section of the forum with pictures) so I decided to go sleeveless almost anywhere that I can. At more formal places, I will wear a sleeveless dress shirt with a collar (yes, they sell them for guys and they are getting more popular every year). I wore one recently to a wedding with a nice pair of pants and, at the reception, everyone was looking at my biceps and veins and it was just awesome. I made sure that I pumped up my muscles before I left for the wedding and I tried to keep my biceps, shoulders, and forearms just slightly tensed most of the time so that my veins would show. At one point, I was sitting at a table eating and there were 2 guys that just couldn't stop staring at my muscles. So, I put my palm under the table and pushed against it making my bicep muscle and vein really push out. I looked at one of the guys who was watching and smiled at him and he looked embarrassed and looked away, but you could see that he was almost shaking from being excited to see the muscle and my veins sticking out! Anyway, sleeveless dress shirts are awesome and I wear them all the time! Aside from looking good, they are incredibly comfortable too.
I would have loved to have been at that wedding!
  #40   Add to MLMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:42 PM

MLMuscle is on a distinguished road
Sleeveless dress shirt

I actually have another wedding to go to tomorrow! This one is much more formal, but I decided to wear a sleeveless dress shirt to that one, too! I pretty much go sleeveless everywhere, even at events that are formal since I love to show off my muscles and veins. I know that it sounds "vain" but I love to see how people react and maybe I'll get some interesting reactions. If anyone wants to see how it all goes, let me know. Maybe in one of the wedding pictures, I'll do a "most muscular" pose! LOL!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options