The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:56 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
First Cycle

So...there's a very good chance I'll be giving my first cycle a shot (ha ha) in the next few months, but the closer it gets to reality, the more I realize I have a bunch of stupid tiny questions about the little details....like, I can get the test, but where do I get the needles? And a bunch more.

Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to patiently help me with the minutiae of preparing for my first cycle? I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert, but I have been doing what I can to prepare myself, and I'd like to be able to do this right without making any giant mistakes (other than deciding to do it in the first place....)

Help?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
Big RR (July 20th, 2013)
  #2   Add to Bigm999's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:08 AM

Bigm999 is on a distinguished road
Needles-

A) go to a drugstore/pharmacy and ask the pharmacist. They're legal. In the rare circumstances they give you grief, just go somewhere else. But know what you need - be specific. Asking for 'needles' won't cut it.

B) online. Lots of mail order places. Google is your friend.

C) most major cities have a needle exchange program. A lot will even deliver.

Please read up on proper sterile injection technique. Giving yourself an abscess isn't the end of the world, but it majorly sucks.

Message me if you have further questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigm999 For This Useful Post:
The Magus (July 25th, 2013)
  #3   Add to lucas's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2013, 10:51 PM

lucas
Internet is the best source for everything you need for a cycle. It's a matter of trial and error, so don't expect that everything will be perfect the first time (including expected results or what to use). By your fifth cycle you'll be the master. Good luck. Check old issues (like 3 or 4 years ago or older) of muscular development magazine. They were very good in steroid and cycle advise (now is just crap).
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to lucas For This Useful Post:
  #4   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
will be more than willing to lend you some advice on your cycle etc let me know
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BIGJOEY For This Useful Post:
The Magus (July 25th, 2013), xboy (October 8th, 2013)
  #5   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM

Well, I now am the proud owner of test cyp. I'm waiting for the needles and syringes to be delivered (I tried a few drug stores but they only had needles for insulin, 27+ gauge....).

I've gotta go to the gym right now, but just wanted to update here that it looks like I'm crossing over to the dark side....I took some progress shots last week, so I'll probably post any results I have to show in a few weeks' time if anyone's curious. I'm also gonna take some full body measurements, plus weight and bf%, just so I can have a good idea of my progress.

HUGE thanks to the guys here and in PM who've offered advice and help....beyond the information you gave, it's done a lot to keep me from going crazy with nerves. If I haven't responded to you yet, I will, because this is the kind of thing where I get one question answered and have 12 more.
  #6   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:52 PM

Update: I've had my first injection and have not died of an embolism. I've got a little bit of soreness the day after, but not worse than getting the 'flu shot, and I'm blaming most of it on my nerves at performing my first "medical procedure".

I'll be doing 2 shots a week, 1mL of 250mg/mL test, for 8-10 weeks (based on how I feel), and will post some updates here if I feel like it.

I have a question...when do guys prefer to time their shots? I've heard before workout, because the movement in the muscle helps blood flow and reduce post-injection soreness, but are there different benefits to the timing at all?
  #7   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:13 AM

Just an update as I close out my first week on test. My 2nd shot went better than the first, though I still caught myself being nervous just before I did it. I have a checklist written down so that I don't forget any steps (like aspirating, alcohol swabs, etc), and that helps keep me calm.

After my first injection there was some soreness for a couple of days, but for my 2nd shot I was only sore the day after, so I think my technique was smoother. I also took more time to massage the area and did some light exercise afterwards as well.

As far as effects, I think it's too soon, right? But I've noticed that I'm HUNGRY a lot more. This means that I've got to step up my planning if I'm going to stay on diet. I've started packing extra food for lunch at work, in the hopes it will keep me out of the vending machine, lol.

Also have a teensy bit of edginess/horniness, just wanting to move and/or jerk off a bit more often...but that could be psychosomatic.

I'm thinking this next week will be when things start to kick in, so I'll keep you all posted.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
bliblobblib (July 21st, 2013), rocketdog (July 13th, 2013)
  #8   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:12 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
I'm never quite sure how much of the additional hungry and horny is in my head either! Injecting yourself does get easier, at least mentally. The injection sites acclimate over time, your skills improve and you learn where you are sensitive, and where you are tolerant, so it hurts less too.

Enjoy your experiment, and welcome to the dark side!
The Following User Says Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
The Magus (July 15th, 2013)
  #9   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:19 PM

Alright, update time. Tomorrow will be my first shot of week 3. Today was leg day at the gym and I'm showing some modest increases in my lifts....was able to add extra reps or else a couple extra pounds to everything....the workout over all felt easier than it should have been. My weigh-in last week showed some increase in weight but a slight decrease in bodyfat. No idea if that was test-related or not, but everything is going in the right direction, so that is all good.

What isn't good is the soreness I've been getting post-injection. I've been kind of worried about it, because I basically procured my test by doing everything wrong (not going into details, because it will be embarrassing...when this cycle is done and I'm on my 2nd or 3rd successful cycle I'll share it for laughs, maybe), so I was a little bit concerned about that.

Basically, my injection sites feel sore, starting about 2-3 hours after the shot and lasting for days. Week 1, it was 1-2 days, but week 2 it's been 4-5 days. I've done a lot more reading, and am pretty sure that it's a combination of shoddy technique, changing the needle gauge (went from 25 to 23 between week 1 and 2), and what I've seen called "virgin muscle syndrome".

Tomorrow, I'll warm the test before injecting, I'll switch out the needle for a fresh one after loading the syringe, I'll be VERY careful not to let my hands shake too much OR flex my leg when injecting, and I'll take a hot shower afterwards, then we'll see if the soreness is any less.

I'm fine with being sore for a couple of days, but this week it was a near thing if I'd be able to do my leg workout, and I refuse to let my workouts suffer just for test...that's kind of defeating the purpose, right?

Anyway, no other effects to report, still waiting for the chest hair to come in and the balls to shrink. If all is working, this is the week I should see some effects, and like I said, my strength was up today. I also feel more pumped around my arms, chest, and shoulders, which feels great. I've got veins on my biceps that are there all the time, even without a pump, and I definitely fill out the sleeves of my shirts a lot better. I feel fine, but not like I've drunk a magic potion or anything.

On to week 3!
  #10   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:45 AM

Quick update: something I did has made a huge improvement for the soreness. I don't know if it was warming the test, changing out a fresh needle after loading the syringe, or the hot shower afterwards, or maybe my muscle is adapting to the injections, but the soreness after the last shot has been very, very minimal.

And today was back and biceps...I felt like I could go on forever, and am feeling an awesome pump in my arms. I haven't told my trainer that I'm on test (I don't want to put him in a tough spot professionally, even though I know he personally would be fine with it), so I'm waiting to see if he ever comments on my numbers.

2nd shot of week 3 is tomorrow, chest day.
  #11   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Sorry I didn't said this before but you always change out the needle head after loading because when the loading needle stabs through the plastic part of it may break off dulling it. If you go to then use it for injecting it will be less sharp making it hurt more a lot more. Also changing out the needle head is good for clean reasons you always want to be as clean as possible never reuse anything. Everything gets wiped down with alcohol.
The Following User Says Thank You to GTlifter For This Useful Post:
  #12   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM

Yeah, I knew guys did that (and I always use alcohol wipes on the vial and on my leg, and -never- let the needle touch anything or set it down, etc), but I grew up poor, so I don't like wasting things and figured if I could get away with just using one needle, I would. With the 25g, it doesn't seem to matter as much, but I guess the thicker 23g I'll have to switch out a fresh one.

But I wanna say thanks again for all the advice here, and in PMs. I don't know what I would have done without having all the good advice to keep me calm and help with suggestions. The resources guys have posted here and in PMs have all been bookmarked, and I use those forums when I have a question probably once or twice a week, lol.
  #13   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:28 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
Looking forward to more updates. Time for pictures and stats tho.

I'm an actor, writer, director, security guard, who works out, and who lives near Toronto, Canada.
  #14   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2013, 03:32 PM

Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates. I'm a little over halfway through my planned cycle, and my timing is terrible, because this month has been crazy: my partner and I are moving at the end of the month, we had our annual vacation at a friend's cottage, and I've got some craziness at work, so pretty much I've had time to work, apartment hunt, and get to the gym and that's it.

We just got home from the cottage, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post an update, but wanted to let everyone know what's going on.
  #15   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Ok, so, back to the gym today, we'll see what happens. Chest day, because I don't want to do legs so soon after my injection.

Where do things stand so far? Well, I'm a little bit more vascular, especially in my arms and shoulders. I'm still not measuring or taking pictures (not until the cycle is done) so it's all based on what I see in the mirror which changes based on my mood, lol.

I haven't noticed any "roid rage", despite being more stressed (due to work, a move, and other things), but I have been more moody...some days I feel at the top of the world, and other days I'm just glum....not angry or anything, but more mopey and want to be mostly left alone. These aren't major shifts, just something I've noticed.

And then there are days when I am HORNY. These are the best days, the days I wish I could be on test for the rest of my life, lol. I've been all over my boyfriend the last few weeks, and am otherwise just feeling this sexual energy throughout the day. It adds a bounce to my step for sure.

As far as objective changes, before I left for vacation, my personal trainer weighed me on the bf% scale, and I came in as 10lbs heavier and 2% lower in bf. Counting for the difference in water weight, the scale was saying I gained about 8lbs of muscle in 2 weeks. I don't know if this scale can be trusted, and my trainer reported problems with it with other clients (the two weeks before that my numbers were disappointing)....Those results might mean nothing, or theyh might be the accurate measurement of a month on testosterone, lol.

Anyway, off I go to get a nice chest pump.
  #16   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:14 PM

I'm only a couple weeks away from the end of the test, and then the PCT, and things are going well. I'll post a more detailed report soon, and I promise there will be pictures even if I'm disappointed myself, lol. In short, I'm stronger, I look bigger to everyone (the last month I've had more people ask me to flex than I've had in my entire life). I'm not posting any stats until my cycle is done...I've been measuring, but not reviewing because I want to be surprised. I've learned a lot. I am definitely a fan, haha, and will let people know when I'm planning my next cycle...

Expect a longer post in the next day or two.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
bliblobblib (September 18th, 2013), MuscleNerd (December 25th, 2013), racecar (December 31st, 2013), xboy (October 8th, 2013)
  #17   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2013, 08:04 AM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
Would love an update with pictures!

I'm an actor, writer, director, security guard, who works out, and who lives near Toronto, Canada.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options