The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2013, 06:18 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
What are your goals for 2014?

Like the title says. This is maybe different than a resolution, and I believe that goals are different than dreams or wishes. Goals are specific, they involve a plan of action, they have deadlines, and they are measurable.

Where do you plan to be, this time next year?

Me, my goal is to compete in a bodybuilding competition in the next couple of years. The first half of 2014 is to be a sort of dry run for a comp, so that I can start to get a sense of the timing and some of the details that are involved in preparing to compete, because right now a lot of that is mystifying.

More specifically, with June 1st as my target date, I want to get my bodyfat% down to 10-12% (I know it has to be lower to compete, but I'm coming from originally having 40% or more, and sitting at about 20% now, so....).

I plan to learn how to pose, and will develop a posing training regime.

Even though I'm cutting, I do plan to work on increasing my strength and muscle size, as I feel I am still in the "noob gains" area where this is actually possible. According to those scales that measure bodyfat, my LBM is about 165lbs (varies based on water). I'd like to have 175-180lbs lean mass by the end of the year (mostly this will be through bulking after June).

Another goal of mine is to build my business as a personal trainer. I have begun taking courses and working with clients, and have applied to work (and had an interview Wednesday) at a gym. I want to work on how I present myself, to challenge my social anxiety, and by the end of the year have a steady client base of at least 8-10 clients that I can rely on. I will take at least 2 courses to improve my skills, and I will develop my online presence so that I'm visible to potential clients.

Strength-wise, I'm going to crack 3-plates a side for squats and deadlifts (my trainer thinks I'll blow this out of the water in the next 3 months even while cutting) by following solid strength building principles, including diet and adequate rest.

So...by this time next year I should be in the best physical shape of my life, working and excelling at a job I love, and feeling challenged and inspired by the future. I'm such a dork.

So, what are your goals for 2014 and how are you going to reach them?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
To get bigger --eat more, train harder
To be happy--make others around me happy
  #3   Add to Centaurian's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2013, 08:08 AM

Centaurian is on a distinguished road
I'd say for me, my goal is to reach 200 lean muscle at some point (30 pounds to go) and be ready to try a physiques competition.
  #4   Add to MuscleMesmerize's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Muscle Mesmerizer

MuscleMesmerize is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by inflated View Post
To get bigger --eat more, train harder
To be happy--make others around me happy
I like the happy / make others happy one.

Mine are to help others get motivated and achieve gains, that in turn can help me with my site becoming successful (if all goes well) or perhaps find some other career success (just moved to L.A. area and still trying to figure things out); and personally with fitness to eat better/cleaner (not completely clean but moreso than current), lose inches around the belly, gain everywhere else

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options