The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hshunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 12:32 PM

hshunk
Brandon J Beckrich

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hshunk For This Useful Post:
Bear89 (January 23rd, 2014), berdar (January 24th, 2014), bigbearny (January 23rd, 2014), bigmag2 (January 24th, 2014), iuo909 (January 26th, 2014), Jaekel (January 23rd, 2014), musclegrowthdm (January 24th, 2014), retro500 (January 25th, 2014), tjstoys (January 23rd, 2014)
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 12:40 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
As there is not a link to a YouTube channel, could you be so kind as to tell us where he comes from, how old he is and if he is considering competition or not?
  #3   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:53 PM
Jeff Xenobuilder

JeffXeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JeffXeno
He looks great, but once again, Instagram filters ruins it. Cameras have gotten so much better than they were in the early 20th century, so it confounds me why so many people want to take a nice, sharp, clear image, and then modify to to make is seem as though it was captured on a 1960's Kodak Instamatic.

Jeff

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.
  #4   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffXeno View Post
He looks great, but once again, Instagram filters ruins it. Cameras have gotten so much better than they were in the early 20th century, so it confounds me why so many people want to take a nice, sharp, clear image, and then modify to to make is seem as though it was captured on a 1960's Kodak Instamatic.

Jeff
The 1960s weren't "the early 20th century". Being Agist now?

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #5   Add to tekuno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 08:59 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 314 Posts
tekuno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tekuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
The 1960s weren't "the early 20th century". Being Agist now?
True enough. In fact, Wikipedia says the Instamatics weren't even available until 1963. How about "Brownie camera" instead?

(Aside from that, the point stands. Instagram filters are kind of stupid.)
  #6   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekuno View Post
True enough. In fact, Wikipedia says the Instamatics weren't even available until 1963. How about "Brownie camera" instead?

(Aside from that, the point stands. Instagram filters are kind of stupid.)

heh. The point is not about the filters, but about how JeffXeno, the arbiter of forum member's veracity as depicted about how he treated frnkpbdy's posts, deal with his own misrepresentations -- err lies, deceptions, exagerations, whatever. He thinks others shouldn't do it. but he should, mate?

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #7   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:00 PM

Curiosity is on a distinguished road
Enough is enough, Corwin. There's defending other forum members and there's being an asshole in return just because you feel like it. And it's obvious at this point that you just feel like being an asshole in every thread you can find.
  #8   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
Enough is enough, Corwin. There's defending other forum members and there's being an asshole in return just because you feel like it. And it's obvious at this point that you just feel like being an asshole in every thread you can find.
Wait... they weren't being an asshole first? They didn't choose to be an asshole to frnkpbdy? Turn about is fair play. Enough was when jeffxeno decided he wanted to be an asshole. Everything else follows from that. If YOU chose not to call him out then, that's part of the problem.

Let me make this perfectly clear... JeffXeno decided another forum member was less than worthy because he posted his fantasy. JeffXeno did not apologize for it, but made that forum member apologize instead. Until Jeff says, "Hey mate, I fucked up too," you don't think he deserves being treated like an asshole why? YOU DAMN WELL BET I'M TREATING THEM LIKE THEY DESERVE. Explain again why I shouldn't?

#9   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Wait... they weren't being an asshole first? They didn't choose to be an asshole to frnkpbdy? Turn about is fair play. Enough was when jeffxeno decided he wanted to be an asshole. Everything else follows from that. If YOU chose not to call him out then, that's part of the problem.
Right. "He started it" is a great justification. If you want to call people out for badgering FRNKPBDY, that particular turnabout is best confined to those threads. You've branched out into attacking people in unrelated threads because your sense of internet justice has been bruised, and you're the one whose belligerence has persisted.
  #10   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Right. "He started it" is a great justification. If you want to call people out for badgering FRNKPBDY, that particular turnabout is best confined to those threads. You've branched out into attacking people in unrelated threads because your sense of internet justice has been bruised, and you're the one whose belligerence has persisted.
Nope. It's best confined to the people who do it, what ever thread they are posting in. German Copyright Law is very specific. JeffXeno chose to do something. Was it intentional? Did it put the forum at legal risk? Maybe I should send an email to the german government to see. After all, JeffXeno was very concerned about the ethical considerations (e.g. lies, misrepresentations, etc) were dealt with when another forum member was involved. Are ethics confined to threads?

#11   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:32 PM

Well. If I'm not mistaken, you shared a link to a pic from Cody Montgomery's Instagram on January 2nd. Strictly speaking, that's a violation of U.S. copyright law unless you own the rights to those pictures. Since I doubt you're Cody Montgomery or Facebook (which is the owner of Instagram, whose policy is that it owns the pics people upload to it), you don't have any more right to share Cody Montgomery than Jeff Xeno has to share Roman Fritz. But here we are.
  #12   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Well. If I'm not mistaken, you shared a link to a pic from Cody Montgomery's Instagram on January 2nd. Strictly speaking, that's a violation of U.S. copyright law unless you own the rights to those pictures. Since I doubt you're Cody Montgomery or Facebook (which is the owner of Instagram, whose policy is that it owns the pics people upload to it), you don't have any more right to share Cody Montgomery than Jeff Xeno has to share Roman Fritz. But here we are.
Uhm, no, but good try. I deep linked, which is fair use (do you want me to cite the various legal cases?). Under German law, unlike American Law: " there is a special emphasis on the relation between the work and its actual author. The right is perceived as an aspect of the author's general personality right and as a general rule is therefore inalienable." Fair use doesn't exist in German Law, as such.

Just to be totally transparent. I looked at a lot of posts. This is the one I saw where JeffXeno has an arguable ethical violation. However, I reserve the right to challenge any of the several bullies on anything they post going forward. They did it to a forum member (see the multiple threads on this). They are now fair game. If you want to try doing it to me, go for it, but get your facts straight. A corporate contract having to do with copying between servers (which is what the instagram contract does, as does flickster or picasa or any other photo sharing site in the US) is very different than copyright holders in germany. Germany tends to always be a special case (as does a few other EU countries)

I'm sure any instagram user in the US would love to know that they don't own the pictures they take anymore. That will bring instagram down in a second.

#13   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:45 PM

If you're hellbent on vigilantism, far be it from me to deter you. Just try and be conscious of the way you go about your crusade against the bullies. Because crying agism because of an off the cuff comment about the 1960's is just obnoxious overkill.
  #14   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
If you're hellbent on vigilantism, far be it from me to deter you. Just try and be conscious of the way you go about your crusade against the bullies. Because crying agism because of an off the cuff comment about the 1960's is just obnoxious overkill.
Hmmmm... well, you tried, but then... And I reserve the right to determine for myself what I consider "off the cuff", which of course has nothing to do with german copyright law or fair use.

As for obnoxious, I think we've discussed this already under the term "asshole". I never said I wasn't being an asshole. I have yet to hear the bullies say they understand that they were being total assholes. As I understand it, they think they are the righteous pulling down someone else because they can without the expectation of retribution. That, to me, is a bully. When the righteous understands there is another point of view, and that real people may have other opinions and may suffer actual harm, physical or emotional, because of their actions, then they understand that those other people will call them an assholes. Fred Phelps thinks himself righteous. I think he's an asshole. I think what JeffXeno and a few others did to FrnkPbdy was unjustified. I've yet to see them admit that.

#15   Add to chimewolf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 25th, 2014, 12:12 AM

chimewolf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to chimewolf
Just an observation.
I know it's probably the mirror that he took the picture with and when someone else took the picture but I noticed that the Arm tatoo jumps arms.
and some times it isn't even there anymore. older pics probably.

(If you want to go blind my Bodyspace: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/FenrisByakko/)
  #16   Add to martinp13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2014, 07:55 AM

martinp13 is on a distinguished road
I would pay good money to muscle worship that. WOOF
  #17   Add to TheLemur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:00 AM

TheLemur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimewolf View Post
Just an observation.
I know it's probably the mirror that he took the picture with and when someone else took the picture but I noticed that the Arm tatoo jumps arms.
and some times it isn't even there anymore. older pics probably.
Tattoo is in every photo, obscured in some but there none the less. And yes, when the iphone is in the shot he is for sure shooting the mirror.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options