The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Personals
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Personals Connect and meet with other muscle growth fans in your area. Looking for a friend, training partner, or something else? Check out this forum!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tennisfan9's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM

tennisfan9 is on a distinguished road
help starting up in miami??

whats up guys, 19 yr old here looking to get bigger. I've been working out a little, but am not too big. Not looking to juice or take serious supplements, the more natural the better for me Can anyone help around? Obviously, the bigger the better
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to musclekid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:55 PM

musclekid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclekid
check out xtend from scivasion
  #3   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Wanna get big??

Here's the deal...you're gonna have to train heavy, eat heavy and rest heavy. Eat like a demon, and none of that being afraid to gain weight stuff...you'll need to eat to grow. And then you need to lift heavy, intense but brief....basic compound exercises and forget the isolation crap....you're going for mass so you need compound movements to stimulate muscles.

Steroids....no, at least not now. To do so would be foolish and a waste of time. Everything must "click", and even those who use steroids and are SUCCESSFUL in their cycles have plotted, planned and have already gotten as far as they can go naturally in their training and gotten to a plateau in their size.

So, you just gotta do it, learn learn and lift!

Good luck!

D
  #4   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 05:12 AM

Gene is on a distinguished road
Knowlege!

Learn about nutrition! I mean really learn about it. Know what is going into your body and what it's doing for (or to) you. Learn proper protein intake you CANNOT make muscle without protein but you can absorb only so much protein at a time. Protein is expensive, maximize its efficiency. You need carbs too. When you eat matters. Have energy in your blood before the workout. Give your exhausted body nutrients after a workout. Learn about this stuff or you'll have very expensive shit without making progress.

Learn about lifting properly! Be intense without being dangerous! Go up slow and twice as slow coming down. Don't go for your max poundage on the first set. Pyramid your poundage up & down in about 4 sets of less than 8 reps (75%, 90%, 100%, 60%). The last set should NOT be your max. If you've done the pyramid properly you'll have real trouble getting 60-75% on that last set), Don't show off! Listen to your body.

Don't overtrain. Take at least one day off between heavy workouts. Two after working legs.

Get enough sleep. You've killed a hundred billion cells, give the body time to rebuild.

Drink water! Not coffee, not soda, just water. Flush out the poisonous cell debris.

Be flexibly consistent. Keep up the workouts but don't let yourself get monotonous.

Be patient.

Last edited by Gene; July 29th, 2009 at 05:31 AM.
  #5   Add to tennisfan9's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:19 PM

tennisfan9 is on a distinguished road
Im very knowledgeable about nutrition. I predominately drink water all day long (I gave up soda and sugary drinks years ago!) and I try to lift heavy. But the tip about the pyramid should change things a bit, i'll try it out.
So when you guys mean take a day off from training after heavy lifting, do you mean rest a day or 2 entirely? Or just from working that muscle group again?
Also, sometimes I feel that I am not as motivated as I want/should be.. most likely a personal issue, i guess, but any tips to overcome that? At the same time, anything for pushing myself?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options