The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to lanceschindler's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2009, 08:31 PM

lanceschindler
What does it feel like

I would love to hear from real people what it feels like to have pecs, six pack, be totally ripped, etc.

Like... what does it feel like, personally. Lightweight, strong, etc? How about reactions from girls, etc. Improvement in sex life? Especially if u had a transformation.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
What does it feel like???

Well, I can honestly say that it has changed me in every way you can imagine and more. Feel stronger -- YES cause I am. Better sex life -- Hell ya, if you want that. So many mundane, simple things that are far too many to list here.

But what stands out to me the most, what it feels like is one word -- freedom. After being fat for so long, building my body literally made me free to do what I want when I want. I am free to be who I have always wanted to be, and who I think I was born to be. Yes, I am strong enough to do anything in normal life, and so much that 95% of other people cannot do. I can walk on the beach in a speedo and get stalked by a few people. Turn heads in clubs, But, personally do. I am confident, self-assured. I carry myself very differently and SOOOO many people notice that.

One observation about the question tho. Most people who ask it, like I asked it once, are those who have never tried it. The best way to know what it feels like, is to hit the gym and feel it for yourself. In every way that matters, trying to tell someone what it feels like to be strong and muscular is like trying to describe "red." You can't do it. It just IS "red." You know it when you see it. And when it comes to this, you can only really know it when you feel it for yourself. I may not be as big or worked out as long as many of the guys on the site who also lift, but i KNOW what they feel and they KNOW what I feel. It is a bond we share. If you do not and you really want to know, share in it yourself.
  #3   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:33 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.spencer View Post
What does it feel like???

Well, I can honestly say that it has changed me in every way you can imagine and more. Feel stronger -- YES cause I am. Better sex life -- Hell ya, if you want that. So many mundane, simple things that are far too many to list here.

But what stands out to me the most, what it feels like is one word -- freedom. After being fat for so long, building my body literally made me free to do what I want when I want. I am free to be who I have always wanted to be, and who I think I was born to be. Yes, I am strong enough to do anything in normal life, and so much that 95% of other people cannot do. I can walk on the beach in a speedo and get stalked by a few people. Turn heads in clubs, But, personally do. I am confident, self-assured. I carry myself very differently and SOOOO many people notice that.

One observation about the question tho. Most people who ask it, like I asked it once, are those who have never tried it. The best way to know what it feels like, is to hit the gym and feel it for yourself. In every way that matters, trying to tell someone what it feels like to be strong and muscular is like trying to describe "red." You can't do it. It just IS "red." You know it when you see it. And when it comes to this, you can only really know it when you feel it for yourself. I may not be as big or worked out as long as many of the guys on the site who also lift, but i KNOW what they feel and they KNOW what I feel. It is a bond we share. If you do not and you really want to know, share in it yourself.
b.spencer summed it up in his post, and his transformation has been nothing short of phenomenal! Way to go, b.spencer!

And yes, it does change you.

I can't say that not I am "totally ripped", but back in my skinny days I was totally ripped all the time......so ripped that you could see light through me! LOL!

But seriously, the feeling for me is one of empowerment. To be muscular bring for me a sense of being self-assured, not cocky. I feel much better about myself now, and yes there is the benefit of looking good in your clothes and you do not shy away from wearing a tank top or shorts.... I can remember in the past when I would DREAD the thought of wearing a tank top. But now I cannot wait for the summer to don a tank top or shorts...especially if I have been covering up and doing the winter bulk up to put on size.

And yes, there is the attention and fortunately the remarks I have gotten have been positive ones.....sometimes positive to the point where it is embarassing, i.e. the store clerk that went on and on in front of a line of people as she had never seen me before in a tank top until that one summer. EVERYONE was staring, but I digress...

All in all, if I had to do it all over again, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The ONLY regret that I have is that I did not get serious about my training until later in my adult life (mid 30's). Otherwise, no regrets and it feels great!

And yes, b.spencer, it is a bond that we share.......also, Brothers In Iron!

Ron III---III
  #4   Add to buckman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM

buckman has disabled reputation
Hey dude...just from experience, most girls don't really like BIG men...they're more into lean, ripped physique.

Apart from that, the best part is when your friends notice the change. Oh, and looking at yourself in the mirror everytime you get out of the shower...
  #5   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:43 AM

digger is on a distinguished road
Judging by every media outlet on the planet these days, girls like either sulky vampires or shirtless werewolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Hey dude...just from experience, most girls don't really like BIG men...they're more into lean, ripped physique.

Apart from that, the best part is when your friends notice the change. Oh, and looking at yourself in the mirror everytime you get out of the shower...
  #6   Add to sabretooth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:03 PM

sabretooth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sabretooth Send a message via Yahoo to sabretooth
and the "shirtless werewolves" are usually not that big either
  #7   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2009, 11:29 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
"Hey dude...just from experience, most girls don't really like BIG men...they're more into lean, ripped physique."
Oh well, those girls don't know what they're missing!

D
  #8   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
IF you want to see real MUSCLE in the movies...

check out the previews for the upcoming movie with Dwayne Johnson (aka "The Rock")

"Tooth"

He plays a pro hockey player who specializes in knocking out the teeth of opposing players. He's a very obnoxious, handsome, cocky, built player, who is kidnapped by the tooth fairies and forced to work as a tooth fairy.

It looks like a typical holiday time, heart warming, family friendly film.

There's also a scene (in the previews) where the Rock is standing in his skivvies or jock strap in the locker room, all pumped and bulging, cocky with muscle.

Looks like a "must see"!

Mdlftr
  #9   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Muscles go with anything~

Rarity is on a distinguished road
"I am confident, self-assured. I carry myself very differently and SOOOO many people notice that."

I think anyone can be that without being buff, but if you need to be buff to feel that way... *insert something about low self esteem here*.
  #10   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:00 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_Flash View Post
I think anyone can be that without being buff, but if you need to be buff to feel that way... *insert something about low self esteem here*.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaandyou'readick.
  #11   Add to dencon414's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM

dencon414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_Flash View Post
I think you make a great point to an extent. If your self-worth is based *solely* on your physical appearance and you only ever feel confident when people look at you, then I think that does indicate low self-esteem. But if being buff is a result of an action you took that in itself has made you become more confident, then that's entirely different. In reading people's responses, I'm getting the sense it's the latter and not the former.

For example, I had been putting off weight training for years because I thought it was just something I wouldn't be able to do, that more seasoned weight lifters would laugh at me, that a gym was no place for someone who spent their hours reading or playing videogames. I also thought I'd just fail at it. But it was something I really wanted to do, that seemed interesting and fun and a great way to exercise. Eventually, I got tried of just wanting to do it. So one day I went to my gym and asked a trainer to set me up with a program. Sure I looked gawky at first and literally had to force myself into the weight room if anyone else was in there working out. But I just kept at my routine and slowly I began to notice physical improvements.

While I'm not at the same level everyone else here seems to be with their physical development, I've noticed new bugles and thickness where there wasn't any before. And it's awesome! I'm so much more confident because I'm succeeding at something I thought I couldn't do. And this has made me think about the things I never tried before because I thought I wasn't talented enough, or skillful enough, or smart enough. That attitude has made a huge change for me professionally, too. I'm getting more "buff" because I'm more confident, but I'm not confident just because I'm more buff.
  #12   Add to lanceschindler's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:22 AM

lanceschindler
What does it actually feel like though - to have pecs and to be able to flex biceps that pop out at any time.

Like today I saw a guy - omg the waist was so small but the shoulders, biceps and pecs were protruding like anything. He was standing up straight the whole time and he was really proud etc. What does it actually feel like?

Last edited by lanceschindler; December 22nd, 2009 at 07:18 PM.
  #13   Add to lanceschindler's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:19 PM

lanceschindler
b4444444444444
  #14   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:12 PM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
This post put me in mind of something that happened to me a few years ago. Some friends and I stayed with the brother of one of the friends while on a drive we were taking to Florida. My friend's brother had a neighbor who stopped by a few times and this guy was just incredible. He was a huge, handsome muscleman who, beyond a doubt, knew what it was like to have pecs, six pack, and be totally ripped. He always wore really tight short-sleeved shirts and he was constantly fidgeting with his big body; he would crack his neck, crack his knuckles, flex and look down at his arms and then rub his biceps. He had a really tough attitude and I could tell he loved putting on this display for us four hapless skinny guys. I would watch him out of the corners of my eyes 'cause I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. I've often thought about him over the years and what it must feel like to be so big and strong and knowing that wherever you go you are most always the strongest man in the room.

Well here's a pic of the big guy that one of these friends sent to me. I drew a mask on the photo because of the fear of that huge body and what he could do to me if he didn't like me posting his pic. But just look at him! What would it be like to be as big and muscular and handsome as this guy?

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Favs/troy.jpg
  #15   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 05:17 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozman View Post
Well here's a pic of the big guy that one of these friends sent to me. I drew a mask on the photo because of the fear of that huge body and what he could do to me if he didn't like me posting his pic. But just look at him! What would it be like to be as big and muscular and handsome as this guy?

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Favs/troy.jpg
What a great story! You set the scene and then topped it off with a pic. Even in a t-shirt not all that tight, you can just see how he oozes with confidence. His quads look ready to bust the jeans and the t-shirt is tactfully tight over his massive upper body. I'm betting he's got quite the attitude.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options