The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #41   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter73 View Post
Here's a topic for you...what brand of insanity are you dealing with? And let me tell you something, it has been YOUR tack to attack a few of my posting, and I am almost sure jealousy is at play here. I myself am not one to criticize anyone, but I will tell it like it is and call you on your statement, like NOW for instance. And also, I am NOT one for the "High School Bully chumming it up with his equally BIG and BAD friends.... I don't need an audience or backup. If I have something to say I'll say it...I don't need an audience or approval, I'll just get with you.

And I firmly believe that when you let your mouth write a malicious slanderous check to me, I WILL CASH IT here at The BIG Bank of Drew!

And with THAT said, NOW we can get back on TOPIC!

Drew
Wow.....can't we all just get along? (Down, Big Drew, DOWN!)

I have talked with Drew on a few occasions and he is also one of the nicest people you'd want to meet.

So, since we established that there is all of this wonderful testosterone flying around, let's just see a GREAT arm wresting match, or better yet, a POSEDOWN and then call it a day! I'll pay GOOD MONEY to see that!

Ron III---III
  #42   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2009, 09:04 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Life is too short. Back on topic:

I'm a relatively new NHL Hockey fan and I watch the Washington Capitals play their home games at Verizon Center in Washington, DC. I spend 2 1/2 to 3 hours with my knees jammed into the back of the seat in front of me, leaning forward with my elbows on my knees so I don't block the view of the person behind me (I'm tall) and so my shoulders and arms don't overflow into the seats on either side of me. (SEE...I'm big and NOT a bully. I actually try to be considerate of other people about my size...sorry...it slipped out ). Every time I stand up to cheer (which was a lot tonight...GO CAPS!!! A 7 to 4 win over Florida Panthers!!!), my legs are so cramped and my thighs are so tightly pressed against the arms of the seat (they get hooked on the front insides of the arms at mid-thigh) that I have to push up with my hands so I don't POP out and throw myself onto the people in front of me an hurt someone.

As far as urinals, forget them (most of the time)...WAY too much imposition on personal space...their's AND mine. If there's no one that actually needs the handicapped stall more than I do (and I do make sure of that), I'll wait until it's available. Elbow and shoulder room without pressing against walls and other guys trying to do their business is a wonderful thing.

Furniture is always a treat...I stand a lot in other people's homes for fear of breaking something. At home, my partner and I have "discussions" about what furniture we want to buy. This is his first home to furnish the way he wants to and he doesn't have the firsthand experience that I do of buying something that LOOKS nice and having it last only 2 or 3 months. He likes furniture that's a little more decorative (masculine decorative, thank god) than functional, i.e., functional enought to survive both he and I (he's a powerlifter and also a very large man). If it doesn't stand a "creak test" in the store when both of us sit on it, the credit card does NOT come out of the wallet and I make sure it's in MY wallet before we shop.

Last edited by Lucas88; November 7th, 2009 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #43   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:13 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas88 View Post
Life is too short. Back on topic:

I'm a relatively new NHL Hockey fan and I watch the Washington Capitals play their home games at Verizon Center in Washington, DC. I spend 2 1/2 to 3 hours with my knees jammed into the back of the seat in front of me, leaning forward with my elbows on my knees so I don't block the view of the person behind me (I'm tall) and so my shoulders and arms don't overflow into the seats on either side of me. (SEE...I'm big and NOT a bully. I actually try to be considerate of other people about my size...sorry...it slipped out ). Every time I stand up to cheer (which was a lot tonight...GO CAPS!!! A 7 to 4 win over Florida Panthers!!!), my legs are so cramped and my thighs are so tightly pressed against the arms of the seat (they get hooked on the front insides of the arms at mid-thigh) that I have to push up with my hands so I don't POP out and throw myself onto the people in front of me an hurt someone.

As far as urinals, forget them (most of the time)...WAY too much imposition on personal space...their's AND mine. If there's no one that actually needs the handicapped stall more than I do (and I do make sure of that), I'll wait until it's available. Elbow and shoulder room without pressing against walls and other guys trying to do their business is a wonderful thing.

Furniture is always a treat...I stand a lot in other people's homes for fear of breaking something. At home, my partner and I have "discussions" about what furniture we want to buy. This is his first home to furnish the way he wants to and he doesn't have the firsthand experience that I do of buying something that LOOKS nice and having it last only 2 or 3 months. He likes furniture that's a little more decorative (masculine decorative, thank god) than functional, i.e., functional enought to survive both he and I (he's a powerlifter and also a very large man). If it doesn't stand a "creak test" in the store when both of us sit on it, the credit card does NOT come out of the wallet and I make sure it's in MY wallet before we shop.
Great post, and judging by your stats you are DEFINITELY a big guy!

I know what you mean...and here's a thing about "theater seating". I recently attended a play in NYC and I was scared to death! Picture this: 1st balcony level (Mezzanine), seats right by the edge of the LOW railing, and TIGHT walkway, TIGHT seating, and my fear of heights! I was in fear of falling off the balcony and crushing a fellow theater-goer, and then the fear of overcompensating and leaning forward and again crushing one of the fellow theater-goers! I had not made the arrangements because I would have gotten seats away further into the Mezzanine.

And yes, there IS NO moving side to side, turning around and my legs squeezed so tight that I feel like my inner thighs were welded together!

But all in all it made for a great evening.

Ron III---III
  #44   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
Great post, and judging by your stats you are DEFINITELY a big guy!

I know what you mean...and here's a thing about "theater seating". I recently attended a play in NYC and I was scared to death! Picture this: 1st balcony level (Mezzanine), seats right by the edge of the LOW railing, and TIGHT walkway, TIGHT seating, and my fear of heights! I was in fear of falling off the balcony and crushing a fellow theater-goer, and then the fear of overcompensating and leaning forward and again crushing one of the fellow theater-goers! I had not made the arrangements because I would have gotten seats away further into the Mezzanine.

Ron III---III
LOL...thanks, Ron...and I forgot about that. Before we bought the season tickets this year, we bought 6-packs where you pick some games and whatever seats are available. One game we were first row on the 4th tier (read: NOSE BLEEDS) and the wall didn't come up high enough for my preferences. I've learned to handle the acrophobia (funny phobia for a tall man to have but it's the landing that hurts ) but my center of gravity is high and I was leaning back over the seats as much as possible whenever we moved along the row and NOT jumping up too much.

One more thing...he travels for business so doesn't make all the games...I take friends (who are typically a lot smaller than he is). When he and I do go to games together, the people on his left and my right aren't too thrilled. You can only cram so much into so little space.
  #45   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:57 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Lifter, you sound sexy when you get miffed, lol.

As always, you make great sense, proving that the biggest muscle on you is your heart.

Quote:
Here's a topic for you...what brand of insanity are you dealing with? And let me tell you something, it has been YOUR tack to attack a few of my posting, and I am almost sure jealousy is at play here. I myself am not one to criticize anyone, but I will tell it like it is and call you on your statement, like NOW for instance. And also, I am NOT one for the "High School Bully chumming it up with his equally BIG and BAD friends.... I don't need an audience or backup. If I have something to say I'll say it...I don't need an audience or approval, I'll just get with you and hash it out. And NO I do not mean physically beat someone up! I would like to feel that being an ADULT means you do not have to resort to physical violence (or at least not be the one to throw the first punch! LOL!!)

And Wolf Pal, I can ask YOU the same question......if you do not agree with what I have to say, why don't you ignore it as well? I choose not to....there are too many people today that just turn their heads and walk away and not do anything. And I think it is a damn shame, and I choose not to be one of those.

And I firmly believe that when you let your mouth write a malicious slanderous check to me, I WILL CASH IT here at The BIG Bank of Drew!

Nuff said.....

EDIT: And I would do the same, stick up for a friend. But c'mon let be serious here..this is not a school playground, this is a forum! And if you have a disagreement you simply say so, and if some people are reactionary and vent it out promptly, so what?? You deal with it, THAT is what grown-ups do! To bitch about THAT is childish...you simply move on...people today, not ALL, but some people today are simply too thin-skinned. And with that this is a CLOSED topic for me... I got bigger and better things to do..like build bigger muscles and smile all the way to the gym! :P

P.S. OMG, Forget I even started this, I am way too much older to be in this type of conversation... LOL!

And with THAT said, NOW we can get back to our regularly scheduled TOPIC!

Drew
  #46   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr View Post

As always, you make great sense, proving that the biggest muscle on you is your heart.
...*facepalm* You guys are completely whipped. And Lifter, your actions don't really match up with what you say are your ideals. It may work on your end, but from my view, you're being nonsensical. I think I'm just gonna ignore this thread for now. *eyeroll* Certainly seems as if some people are more welcome here than others.

Last edited by wolfotehmoon; November 8th, 2009 at 03:20 PM.
  #47   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

LOL!!!

Thank you, Hulk!

Actually I was beginning to find that whole exchange humorous as I know that I am none of the things that are described and that is just ONE person's opinion out of millions! And also I'd rather have these debates face to face as the computer is sorely lacking when it comes to getting in a good debate, and it is amazing how the dimensions change when talking to someone face to face (and I'm not just talking about my 275 pound muscular frame! LOL!). And I'm older and wiser ...

BTW Hulkout, how are your workouts going? That is of more interest to me....

In relation to this MAIN TOPIC "being big isn't all good, I wonder how many big guys get labeled as being a "bully", whether it is here or out in the real world, simply by virtue of their size? Or do you get labeled as such just by the perception of other guys that see you and think that "the BIG guy" must be a "bully", or , heaven forbid, the big guy is verbal. I have seen instances when there is a big guy that happens to be well educated that is even MORE intimidating to some people, er, another case of being BIG isn't all good....

D

Last edited by Lifter73; November 8th, 2009 at 01:36 PM.
  #48   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
In relation to this MAIN TOPIC "being big isn't all good, I wonder how many big guys get labeled as being a "bully", whether it is here or out in the real world, simply by virtue of their size? Or do you get labeled as such just by the perception of other guys that see you and think that "the BIG guy" must be a "bully", or , heaven forbid, the big guy is verbal. I have seen instances when there is a big guy that happens to be well educated that is even MORE intimidating to some people, er, another case of being BIG isn't all good....

D
Interesting point beyond the purely physical. I work in a white collar, professional environment and during project development phases where the creative juices are flowing or certain intense debates about the direction of a project, I notice that people get passionate about their points and tempers flare and no one bats an eye if it's a woman or an average-/smaller-sized man...and I mean red-in-the-face yelling matches. If I don't maintain a completely neutral tone to my voice...if I showed ANY passion at all, the reaction to me is frequently that I'm bullying people, trying to intimidate them with my size. I'm one of the most laid-back people you'll ever meet in the real world. People have met me after having working relationships over the phone for years and been shocked at my size. They basically tell me, "you don't come across like one of 'those' at ALL," and I have to laugh.

Oh, and wolfotehmoon...I wasn't going to go here but what the hell, I'm bored. Just an FYI...Lifter73 and I don't know each other...not for any particular reason other than we haven't connected one way or another...we don't chat...we don't get together and "chum it up [as buds] over how wussy [YOUR word, not ours] the other kid was." Believe it or not...two musclehead bullies like us actually had negative reactions to the same message independently of each other. This is my first direct response to you on this thread and I have to tell you, the stereotyping and generalizations are really getting tiring. I'm sorry if you were bullied and hold a grudge...guess what...I was bullied for the first 20 years of my life...tall and skinny and uncoordinated and OMG a bookworm in a family of athletes and blue collar workers...I was an easy target. The thing is, you learn to either let the baggage go or you carry it with you the rest of your life. I let it go and DIDN'T turn into my abusers. Which choice did you make?

Last edited by Lucas88; November 8th, 2009 at 04:16 PM.
  #49   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM

guilty

I have to admit, I have been guilty of perpetuating stereotypes about bodybuilders and musclemen. Even though I'm so turned on by then it nearly burns the corneas of my eyes to look at them, I have often found myself very intimidated by guys of immense size, and therefore unwilling to approach them for friendship and/or a date. Although I have always dreamed of getting with a bodybuilder in a relationship, I have always heard, in the words of an old friend, that "pretty always gets with pretty". Therefore, in that mentality, a short, skinny guy would never have a chance with one of those musclegods.

The reason I have posted this comment in this thread is that I'm sure that is probably a problem that comes with being big. Guys like me, even though we're turned on, are often intimidated and even afraid to approach. By being afraid, I have perpetuated the stereotype that muscleguys and bodybuilders are only into other muscle and into themselves. I am sorry for that.

During the time I have spent in this forum, I have learned that there are a lot of big, beautiful muscleguys who are just as beautiful on the inside, fun and fun loving, and wonderful to talk to. So I'm happy to say that for me, that stereotype has been nipped in the bud. I am so thankful for the friends I have made here, because there are some wonderful people on this forum. And when a guy is beautiful on the inside and also has big muscles, what better combination could there be?
  #50   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 08:20 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
I've always been nice to people, even if I don't like them...it's just the way I was raised and tried even harder once it actually became apparent that I lift to reduce the chances that somebody will mistake me for a bully or automatically make me out to be one by accident or just prejudice (like that one shrink, I think Pope is his last name).
  #51   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:46 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas88 View Post
Interesting point beyond the purely physical. I work in a white collar, professional environment and during project development phases where the creative juices are flowing or certain intense debates about the direction of a project, I notice that people get passionate about their points and tempers flare and no one bats an eye if it's a woman or an average-/smaller-sized man...and I mean red-in-the-face yelling matches. If I don't maintain a completely neutral tone to my voice...if I showed ANY passion at all, the reaction to me is frequently that I'm bullying people, trying to intimidate them with my size. I'm one of the most laid-back people you'll ever meet in the real world. People have met me after having working relationships over the phone for years and been shocked at my size. They basically tell me, "you don't come across like one of 'those' at ALL," and I have to laugh.

Oh, and wolfotehmoon...I wasn't going to go here but what the hell, I'm bored. Just an FYI...Lifter73 and I don't know each other...not for any particular reason other than we haven't connected one way or another...we don't chat...we don't get together and "chum it up [as buds] over how wussy [YOUR word, not ours] the other kid was." Believe it or not...two musclehead bullies like us actually had negative reactions to the same message independently of each other. This is my first direct response to you on this thread and I have to tell you, the stereotyping and generalizations are really getting tiring. I'm sorry if you were bullied and hold a grudge...guess what...I was bullied for the first 20 years of my life...tall and skinny and uncoordinated and OMG a bookworm in a family of athletes and blue collar workers...I was an easy target. The thing is, you learn to either let the baggage go or you carry it with you the rest of your life. I let it go and DIDN'T turn into my abusers. Which choice did you make?
VERY good post, and equally good points!

I can remember when I was growing up and through high school and college I was painfully skinny. I'm talking I would wake up in the morning with a sore chest as I slept on my side and my breastbones would rub together. I'm talking SKINNY!

I can also remember being in school and being so envious of those "BIG" guys in high school and thinking to myself "well, at least I have intelligence on my side!", as I was always very good in school, both high school and college. Even when I worked on Wall Street I still had that feeling of superiority, thinking that most muscleheads were all brawn, no brains and complete bullies on occasion. Harsh, yes, but it was my own insecurities that fed that ignorance and stereotype perpetuation.

And then I started to workout, and workout, and workout! Today I have been told that I AM one of those big guys, although I have my days when I still feel like that "SKINNY" guy. And I keep it all into perspective. I am SURE there are those out there that probably look at me and think that I am a "bully", although I also think that the circle of people in my life, both personal and professional do not think in those terms as we are older.

However, we all start somewhere, and with maturity comes the knowledge (well, for some of us) of knowing that we "big guys" did walk in those skinny shoes at one time in life and most of us don't ridicule or intimidate, and in some cases we are downright accommodating and courteous! I also would not be the type to huddle in a corner and talk about how "wussy" some smaller guy is...hell, I"m 50 years old and way past that type of juvenile behavior. (And YES, I'm damn proud to say that I'm 50, and feeling and looking better than I ever did at 20, or even 30!)

In short, there will be those that criticize bigger guys, whether in real life or from the safety of a computer internet connection, but in the great scheme of things I choose to just move on and continue in a positive path as I am SURE my shoulders are big and broad enough to handle it.

And as always...take it out in the gym!

Ron III----III
  #52   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:06 PM

digger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
I can also remember being in school and being so envious of those "BIG" guys in high school and thinking to myself "well, at least I have intelligence on my side!"
Damn, Ron, it's like I'm looking in a mirror. If I can point you to the analyst's couch for a moment, were you able to distinguish between envy and attraction? Because I wasn't. I was skinny, nerdy, brainy, but not wise. I thought I was just envious but in fact I was simultaneously attracted and had no idea.

How did a thread about bumping into walls end up here?
  #53   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:52 PM
DaBigGuy1

Question Good question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
Damn, Ron, it's like I'm looking in a mirror. If I can point you to the analyst's couch for a moment, were you able to distinguish between envy and attraction? Because I wasn't. I was skinny, nerdy, brainy, but not wise. I thought I was just envious but in fact I was simultaneously attracted and had no idea.

LOL!!!

That's a good question.

Well, I can think of one experience in college that pretty much sums up my feelings.

I can remember being on campus and I was walking on campus between classes, and I was going down some stairs as as I am going down the stairs up comes this guy dressed in tennis gear...white polo shirt and white shorts and racket in hand...apparently he had just left the courts or something. But this guy was HUGE!!! And I don't mean just average muscle huge, I'm talking PUMPED HUGE! And to top it off he was HANDSOME! Tall, built (not just built, HUGE!), blonde, handsome, the entire package. At the time I can remember thinking to myself "how in the HELL does this guy move around a tennis court?" and "DAMN, look at the SIZE of THIS GUY!!!" And as I am going down the stairs I just adopt this studious upward pointed nose look and walk right past him, and when I thought that he was a good enough distance away to get a good glance I turn around to see his HUGE V-Shaped Back tapering down to this small waist and muscle bubble butt and HUGE thick thighs. WHEW!!

It was then that I realized I was at the same time very envious and, if given the opportunity at that time I would've jumped him right on the spot! LOL!! Although that is truly a fantasy as I was in Ivy League territory and that would have definitely been a no-no!

Amazing how that moment remains burned into my memory as I can STILL remember what this HUGE MUSCLE STUD.....and this is over 25 years ago!

Well, a good memory hard to come by!

Ron III----III

Last edited by DaBigGuy1; November 9th, 2009 at 01:10 AM.
  #54   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2009, 05:32 AM

I just love your posts Ron. They're always articulate, intelligent, funny, and full of stories to make a guy hot under the collar, lol.
  #55   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
I'm sorry I opened my mouth, again... I should know better by now...

All I ever do is get people pissed at me when I express an opinion, I guess if I really don't want to get slammed I should just keep quiet and never comment on anything... I guess I need to crawl back into my hole not come out any more...

wolfotehmoon and drew... Thanks for the words of understanding.

Ended
  #56   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:40 PM
DaBigGuy1

Don't worry, we are all over it, I'm sure! After all, life is short and as I watch the memorial of those 11 slain soldiers in Fort Hood, there are MUCH bigger task and hurdles in life that need to be addressed....TRULY!

But on to a lighter note, thank you, Hulkout. I aim to please! Actually it is all about the life experiences and sharing the more humorous or intriguing ones.

As I think about it, back in the day there was one instance when I witnessed a huge bodybuilder finding it difficult to be "BIG".

During my college break when I came home to Texas from Cambridge, MA, I worked at a car rental agency. Well, this summer I was the manager on duty and being such, I had to call on contracts that were overdue or were "special situations". One contract in particular was this guy named "Steve", who had rented a car, let a friend use the car and the friend subsequently wrapped the car around a pole and pretty much totaled the car out....a Lincoln Town Car. So, I get to call Mr. Steve and tell him that he was responsible for the ENTIRE amount of the rental and the cost o repair the entire car as his friend was not on the contract and ergo, should not have been allowed to drive the car. So, he says to me over the phone that he will be right down to take care of things.

So, me, another counter agent and the general manager are standing in the office and looking outside as a car pulls up. And out of this car comes a HUGE, and I mean HUGE bodybuilder! He was maybe about 5' 10 or so and easily looked to be around 260+ pounds. I was both shocked and TOTALLY turned on at the same time! I mean WOW!!!! MY general manager and the counter agent both IMMEDIATELY head to the back of the office, leaving me to handle things! And so the guy comes in, and he said in the nicest calmest voice "Hello, I am Steve (Smith), and I came about the Lincoln my friend wrecked. I told him "Yes, I spoke with you on the phone, and there are some papers that I need for you to look over and to sign, could you come into the back office for me?".

BOY did I EVER want him to come into the back office for and with ME! LOL!! In any case, he was cordial and polite, and I followed him watching that massive back and the thighs barely contained in the shorts he was wearing. JEEZ! It was then that he tried to sit in the little chair and he simply could not.....one thigh barely got in and the other thigh straddled the armrest he ENVELOPED the chair! So I told him to sit in my office chair instead. And he sat down and barely fit in THAT chair! I handed him a pen and leaned over his right side pointing to him where he needed to read and sign and told him that these things happen and we can work with him on it....all the while I was resting on his shoulder that was sticking out like a shelf. I'll never forget that as I was a RUNT at the time! I was leaning on his shoulder and could barely see over his pecs at the papers on the desk. I then asked him about his training to lighten things up a bit, and he really got animated! He told me about his competitions, how long he had been training and how he was hoping to be the Next Mr. Olympia. (Thank God he did not notice certain things happening with me! )

Well, he signed the papers, we shook hands and he smiled with a nice thanks to me and then left. I thought he took it rather well, considering the circumstances.

And, I kept a copy of his contract for the LONGEST time! LOL!

Ahh..the memories!

See? Not all big bruisers are BAD, even under the worse situations!

Ron III---III

Last edited by DaBigGuy1; November 10th, 2009 at 05:01 PM.
  #57   Add to cutlerfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Master of Muscle RP

cutlerfan has disabled reputation
Wow digger! Your comment about confusing envy and attraction really got me thinking. I think I have done that in the past! Interesting! Thanks for the comment! Peace!
  #58   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
[COLOR=white]After reading this thread a couple times, I thought I would add a few of mine thoughts.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white][/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=white]Eating Out – For some reason, waiters and waitresses can not get a simple order right. How hard is it to get a side salad with fat free vinaigrette, steak (medium) or a grilled plain chicken breast, and a plain baked potato. I have even tried to tell them that I tip very well but that has not been too successful.[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=white]Getting Hit On – Just because I am built, does not mean I want to have sex with you. While I appreciate your positive comments about looking good, when I say I no, I mean no. I have a great partner and we are in an awesome committed relationship. Besides, most of you are not my type because the ones that don’t understand the word NO, are either 98 pound twinks that I am sure I would hurt because they are so fragile or are so out of shape that they do not know how to spell gym. [/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=white]Free Workout Advise – I am always happen to motivate and help people wanting to get into living a healthy lifestyle, build muscle and look good. What I don’t like is how people think that I am their personal trainer and willing to drop everything whenever they have a question. As I tell people, we live a lifestyle and you need to be committed in working out, eating and sleeping. It will also take time to really start to see noticeable change, so don’t complain to be that you don’t see any new muscle in the first four weeks.[/COLOR]
  #59   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
[COLOR=#f4a460][/COLOR]
I need to applogise this by accident ended up being posted in the wrong place.
  #60   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:23 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleboy82000 View Post
[COLOR=white]After reading this thread a couple times, I thought I would add a few of mine thoughts.[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=white]Eating Out ? For some reason, waiters and waitresses can not get a simple order right. How hard is it to get a side salad with fat free vinaigrette, steak (medium) or a grilled plain chicken breast, and a plain baked potato. I have even tried to tell them that I tip very well but that has not been too successful.[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=white]Getting Hit On ? Just because I am built, does not mean I want to have sex with you. While I appreciate your positive comments about looking good, when I say I no, I mean no. I have a great partner and we are in an awesome committed relationship. Besides, most of you are not my type because the ones that don?t understand the word NO, are either 98 pound twinks that I am sure I would hurt because they are so fragile or are so out of shape that they do not know how to spell gym. [/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=white]Free Workout Advise ? I am always happen to motivate and help people wanting to get into living a healthy lifestyle, build muscle and look good. What I don?t like is how people think that I am their personal trainer and willing to drop everything whenever they have a question. As I tell people, we live a lifestyle and you need to be committed in working out, eating and sleeping. It will also take time to really start to see noticeable change, so don?t complain to be that you don?t see any new muscle in the first four weeks.[/COLOR]

Sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder? Most people asking for advice are giving you a compliment by doing so, healthy food-- well that depends on where you eat--eat at big chain restaurants you are most likely going to get fairly unhealthy food. Getting hit on take it as a compliment and move on, I have been standing in line with my wife and a woman has hit on me right in front of her--I could get annoyed but I took it as a compliment. Have fun with being big and the minor inconvienences will be a worthwhile trade off.
  #61   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:06 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by inflated View Post
Sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder? Most people asking for advice are giving you a compliment by doing so, healthy food-- well that depends on where you eat--eat at big chain restaurants you are most likely going to get fairly unhealthy food. Getting hit on take it as a compliment and move on, I have been standing in line with my wife and a woman has hit on me right in front of her--I could get annoyed but I took it as a compliment. Have fun with being big and the minor inconvienences will be a worthwhile trade off.
I believe muscleboy82000 was trying to get at, is that there are people that do way far and beyond getting simple advice. It borderlines being a clone and that can be very annoying.

"why do you perpare you meal just line that?"
"Why do you always have to bake a potato in that fashion?"
"Why do you ....."

Those will certainly drive me nuts and I drive a bus for a living and i get simular questions like that all the time. Makes me want to show why I'm named Ragetiger.
  #62   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragetiger View Post
I believe muscleboy82000 was trying to get at, is that there are people that do way far and beyond getting simple advice. It borderlines being a clone and that can be very annoying.

"why do you perpare you meal just line that?"
"Why do you always have to bake a potato in that fashion?"
"Why do you ....."

Those will certainly drive me nuts and I drive a bus for a living and i get simular questions like that all the time. Makes me want to show why I'm named Ragetiger.
Oh, the horror, someone thinks that I'm doing something right and would like to know exactly how so they don't mess up when they try it themselves! There are far worse things. :/ It's okay to be annoyed, but if you act out because of it, you're gonna end up being as annoying as the other guy. No one really says anything though because, let's face it, big guys are intimidating.
  #63   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:31 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Hmm....

Oddly enough, I hardly ever get disturbed in the gym.....sometimes the occasional "hello" and sometimes the one off compliment, but I am never rude or annoyed as I have no problem in saying "excuse me, time for my next set". After all it is a gym and when you gotta do the next set you do it as that is why we are there, right? But NEVER rude. as there is that stereotype of big guys being mean and intimidating. I'm not one of them at all, unless pushed in that direction.

Now I did have a friend one time, while doing a squat have someone say "you go THAT low in a squat?" while he was in MOTION! My friend yelled at the guy "what the FUCK is your problem??!?". The guy just looked in shock and walked off. That may have been a SLIGHT over-reaction, but he did break his concentration as at the time he had 6 plates a side across his shoulders.

As for me, I am willing to help anyone out if I am asked nicely, politely and my gym time is respected and they understand when it is my time to get that set in. After all, you gotta keep that intensity up to make the gains!

D
  #64   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Quote:
Originally Posted by inflated View Post
WOW, with only a simle post I am shocked that you think I have a chip on my shoulder. May a suggest you reread my post but let me restate my thoughts.

1. As for eating out, my issue is with the servers who can not get my order correct on the first and sometime second attempt. Why is it so hard to simply not drown the food in fatty sauces and butter. I try to make it as simple as possible for them, as I have worked as a server during college and understand how crazy the job is.

2. As for getting hit on, My partner and I do enjoy the attention i receive. My issue is related to the few guys that once I say no/not interested, just dont stop and keep pushing and pushing. I once asked on of them why do you keep pushing and he said that he thought that all emuscle guys were into hooking up.

3. As for helping people with working out, I am always ready to share advice, help them and even workout with them to help them get started. What I get mad at is that they dont understand the committment. I have spent tons of hours helping people and then hear them complain two months later about not making any progress, tired of going to the gym, etc. As I tell EVERYONE that ask for my help, this is a lifestyle and requires a significate committment.
  #65   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:00 PM

Here's my glib response to muscleboy. I apologize in advance: today was leg day and my brain still has no blood.

For eating out, I guess I've just been lucky. I have had to scrape off coatings from chicken now and then, but I figure it's close enough. Now, if I were getting ready for a comp then it wouldn't be good enough, but I still haven't gotten there and when I do I just won't eat out (easier said than done, I know). But back to being lucky: I've never really had wait staff/kitchen staff get it wrong even when the request sounds crazy. Usually I order extra meat so they have some financial incentive to get it right.

Getting hit on when out...hmmm. Why go out when all my friends are at the gym? I'm only slightly kidding.

People asking for advice: When I moved from the health-club-style gym to Golds this year, the advice seeking at the gym ended. I'm not the biggest or strongest guy anymore so no one bugs me. Problem solved. On the other hand, people at work ask for advice ("I want to put on size--what do you recommend?" or simply "Be my trainer"). I answer questions but tell people they should research online and consult a trainer for professional guidance. Now then, they're just as likely to get a load of bullshit from both those avenues, but I'm probably stimulating the economy this way.

See what I mean? No blood in the brain tonight.
  #66   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:05 PM

Oh, oh, also this: my training partners and I all looked like extras on Prison Break (this was over a year ago and at that stupid health club place). Most people were frightened of us without our ever intentionally intimidating them. It helped that no one else there used the 125-lb DBs (hardly anyone else there ventured past the 80s). So if you are sick of people asking for advice, shave your head and get some ink and a posse of equally big dudes.
  #67   Add to cutlerfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Master of Muscle RP

cutlerfan has disabled reputation
Sounds like a great idea digger! Peace!
  #68   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:53 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
New Best Seller

Quote:
Oh, oh, also this: my training partners and I all looked like extras on Prison Break (this was over a year ago and at that stupid health club place). Most people were frightened of us without our ever intentionally intimidating them. It helped that no one else there used the 125-lb DBs (hardly anyone else there ventured past the 80s). So if you are sick of people asking for advice, shave your head and get some ink and a posse of equally big dudes.

Sounds like, "How to Scare Folks and Intimidate People," by Deltoid Carnegie!

#69   Add to growingbigger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Growing Wolverine

growingbigger is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Same goes for me, only I'm not 260-265 yet. Still working on that part. I was 130 lbs all through high school and up until my last year of college. I can completely identify with what Ron said.
  #70   Add to phoenix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2009, 12:13 PM

phoenix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
* Winter/Cold Weather
I can stay toasty warm with a light shirt on while people around me will wear a jacket.
I'm glad I found this post....
Constantly hot, like all the time, I thought I had some kinda thyroid problem

One problem I seem to have is always seeming to end up like loosing my pager, ID badges, or phone....its especially bad in the hospital....
I see one person squeeze through a gap (eg between two beds), and I just don't give it a second thought, following on at a run and I just hear the crack of the pager/ID breaking between my thigh/hip and (usually) the hospital beds
Still....probably should look where I'm going first....
  #71   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I bought a new couch a few months ago. My sister sat in my usual place yesterday, then moved to the other end. I said: "You didn't have to move." She said: "There is better support on this end." Yep; I've already broken down my end of the new couch; sigh.

As for bumping into things: it never ends. Doorways are just ridiculously narrow. Broadway theatres are almost out of the question, those seats are so tiny and packed together.

But nothing is worse than flying. I can't afford first class, and even if I could, it would frost me to pay double for what one ought to get in coach. If we had a decent train service in this stupid country, I'd take the train, no matter how long it took.
  #72   Add to Cobaltous's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM

Cobaltous is on a distinguished road
While I cannot completely sympathize with you big guys, I find your discomforts amusing and down right adorable. I do not mean that in a crude way nor do I take pleasure in others pain. I just never thought of the hardships big guys go through to be happy and huge.
I am fairly tall (6'3") and have found myself in uncomfortable situations with my height, since my lean frame does not get in the way. For example, my friends usually reserve the front seats of their cars for me and insist I sit in the front for my comfort. Bless their hearts, they mean so much to me, but sometimes I feel a little bit of a burden. Also, all through high school, I shared a little Honda Civic with my brother. Even with the seat all the way back, I could almost drive the vehicle with my knees.

Quote:
I have to admit, I have been guilty of perpetuating stereotypes about bodybuilders and musclemen. Even though I'm so turned on by then it nearly burns the corneas of my eyes to look at them, I have often found myself very intimidated by guys of immense size, and therefore unwilling to approach them for friendship and/or a date. Although I have always dreamed of getting with a bodybuilder in a relationship, I have always heard, in the words of an old friend, that "pretty always gets with pretty". Therefore, in that mentality, a short, skinny guy would never have a chance with one of those musclegods.

The reason I have posted this comment in this thread is that I'm sure that is probably a problem that comes with being big. Guys like me, even though we're turned on, are often intimidated and even afraid to approach. By being afraid, I have perpetuated the stereotype that muscleguys and bodybuilders are only into other muscle and into themselves. I am sorry for that.

During the time I have spent in this forum, I have learned that there are a lot of big, beautiful muscleguys who are just as beautiful on the inside, fun and fun loving, and wonderful to talk to. So I'm happy to say that for me, that stereotype has been nipped in the bud. I am so thankful for the friends I have made here, because there are some wonderful people on this forum. And when a guy is beautiful on the inside and also has big muscles, what better combination could there be?
I must admit that I have been intimidated by muscular guys for quite some time. Yes, they turn me on, but I fear that they would have little to no interest in a "small" guy like me. I mean I am attracted to the brawn, but I would really like to know the person under all that muscle. Hulkoutlvr, your post has given me hope that one day I can befriend such amazing people too.
  #73   Add to viamanmax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 21st, 2009, 12:42 AM

viamanmax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to viamanmax
On that note, I want to say that I love driving my truck with my knees. I consider easily doing that a benefit of being big.
  #74   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM

bulkinupbig
One odd thing that hasn't been mentioned yet...

Guys,
I realize this hasn't been discussed yet, but I thought I would mention it.
Travelling for the holidays I was fortunate enough to have First Class seats in both directions. Going through security one of the African American TSA agents who had a large stomach stopped me and said as he was rubbing his large distended stomach... "Now son, if you stop working out like you do... this is what is going to happen to all that muscle." I just laughed and wished him a Happy Holiday. When I got to the x-ray machines two white TSA agents came up to me and got on either side of me and grabbed my arms... and said "Sir, you are not allowed to carry guns onto the plane." The female TSA agent who was reviewing items going through the x-ray laughed and so did I even though I didn't think it was that funny. Typical antics for my travels... but what was really odd was visiting the men's room and having to use one of the stalls to urinate. They are just way too narrow... so I had to either stand back beyond the stainless steal dividers or use one of the other stalls with a commode. I just wheeled my carry on bag over to a stall at the end, unzipped, stood back and urinated.
bulkinupbig
  #75   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:58 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
TSA Incident

Was going through security at my small airport last week when I noticed a jacked 20-something. He was 6'1" or so, 185, with nice biceps straining his t-shirt. Our airport is pretty laid back. To my surprise, he got pulled aside for extra searching.

When I went through the metal detector, he was still there! As I was gathering my belongings, he was standing right beside me. I said, "I think you should have checked those guns." He mumbled something back and I wondered if I had irritated him.

As I was putting my shoes on, he walked past me and said something like, "I probably should check 'em next time as they're only getting bigger." I guess it didn't bother him after all.
  #76   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:33 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
Was going through security at my small airport last week when I noticed a jacked 20-something. He was 6'1" or so, 185, with nice biceps straining his t-shirt. Our airport is pretty laid back. To my surprise, he got pulled aside for extra searching.

When I went through the metal detector, he was still there! As I was gathering my belongings, he was standing right beside me. I said, "I think you should have checked those guns." He mumbled something back and I wondered if I had irritated him.

As I was putting my shoes on, he walked past me and said something like, "I probably should check 'em next time as they're only getting bigger." I guess it didn't bother him after all.
That's pretty cool! He probably got pulled aside so they can check him out and check him out!

It happened to me at the airport in PA. They flagged me aside, and the guy ran that wand around me, and then he just smiled and flexed motioned his arm as if he were making a bicep flex and said "you're bulked up!". I did not understand at first because I was half asleep and concerned that I had been flagged, but then it sank in and I just chuckled and flexed a little myself!

Fun!

Ron III---III
  #77   Add to bobbyboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2009, 02:07 AM

bobbyboy is on a distinguished road
Im staring to hate how none of my old clothes fit. I opened a new jacket I bought at the end of winter last year, went to tie my shoes and about choked myself it was so tight around my chest and neck. This also happened last week with a polo shirt and I had to rip it off becuase it got stuck and it started to cut off my circulation. Its weird because I always used to where medium stuff and I knew they were getting too small but both of these items were a large.

And Im not that big, 6'3" 190#.

EDIT: also i notice Ive had a hard time getting comfortable at the movies lately too. The seats are too small.
  #78   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2009, 02:04 PM

6'3" and you wore a medium? Was the hem at your belly button?

Yeah, the clothing issue you mentioned also makes layering in winter just about impossible.
  #79   Add to bobbyboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2009, 02:19 PM

bobbyboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Yeah, the clothing issue you mentioned also makes layering in winter just about impossible.
Im all legs..lol
  #80   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I really hate winter clothes. Pants are not my friends, have to almost aways get the 42 inch waists so my thighs can fit, but then I have to get it too short in the inseam (32) >< That's why I love my workout clothes and summer clothes.

As for layers, I don't once it's below 35 All i need is a long sleeve stretch shirt under my work shirt and i'm warm all day

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options