The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #161   Add to darkknight's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM

darkknight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
I've been developing that same problem in the last couple of weeks. I wake up, and my arm is numb because of the pressure.
Haha yeah, that's so annoying. I mentioned it a few months back. It turns out it also happens when I curl my arm and the bicep presses on the forearm (sometimes I'd wake up with both arms numbed), but it's way worse when I sleep on my side.

I need to get one of those arm-pillows up there. Sounds like they could be helpful.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #162   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:30 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Being falsely pre-judged.

I work in a nutrition store right now, and some women come in, see me and say something like, "OH this must be one of those stores for jocks." Then they turn to leave. It isn't easy to get past people's prejudice, but I'm pretty good at it. I have to get then to figure out that I actually to have a brain, a heart, and a strong "green" streak in me in about 5 seconds. Thank God for the brain part!
  #163   Add to darkknight's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM

darkknight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent View Post
Being falsely pre-judged.

I work in a nutrition store right now, and some women come in, see me and say something like, "OH this must be one of those stores for jocks." Then they turn to leave. It isn't easy to get past people's prejudice, but I'm pretty good at it. I have to get then to figure out that I actually to have a brain, a heart, and a strong "green" streak in me in about 5 seconds. Thank God for the brain part!
Yeah. Most people seem to think muscle and brain are mutually exclusive, but the good thing about a brain is that it allows you to either change the minds of the people holding the prejudice, or just straight up ignore it.
  #164   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:16 PM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
I've been developing that same problem in the last couple of weeks. I wake up, and my arm is numb because of the pressure.

Not that I'm complaining too much, since it means I'm getting results.

Welcome to the world of neuropathy which tends to go with bodybuilding if you'll pardon the pun "arm in arm". Those who lift around this house both have that problem and it is not necessarily related to shoulder size as much as to the pressure from the weight. For some reason in me the sensations seem to be more marked in my left thumb than anywhere else. I really want one of those expensive space age memory foam mattresses. I have been told that they are far better for that problem. Whenever I cut circulation off it tends to take 2-3 months of lessening annoyance with regards to the neuropathy until I cut of circulation again the next time. The only problem I am told with the memory foam mattress solution is that they sleep hot as hell in the summer. That would mean a lower thermostat setting for the A/C in summer months. I have not had any breathing changes that I am aware of. That may be something I need to check with the kid.

There are definite problems with what we do, and it is as always a "trade-off". The kid has always tended to have flat feet. He's cutting now, but when bulking as his weight went over 200 lbs the flat feet started to really give him problems. The only solution has been "Sketchers" shoes which brought the pain to an end. I have missed that problem fortunately, but, as dimensions change making adjustments at times is difficult. Really good arch supports help but the "Sketchers" work far better.

#165   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyKB View Post
Welcome to the world of neuropathy which tends to go with bodybuilding if you'll pardon the pun "arm in arm".
As long as the neuropathy doesn't hog the bathroom all the time, we'll probably get along...
  #166   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2011, 08:56 PM

New Car Shopping

Though we are not in a hurry we are starting to look at new cars. We are a family of three men with two into lifting and one heavy duty and accomplished.

We are either looking at decent sedans or at sporty two doors.

The absolute losers:

Chevrolet Camaro: I can get in with no problem even though I feel cramped. The kid cannot sit in the front seat because his back will not easily fit between the support side bolsters on the front seats.

Dodge Challenger: I can get in with no problem and do not feel at all cramped by the seat, but there is not a ton of room even for my back that is not in my opinion all that big. It isn't a problem for me and would not be for some time, but the kid will be in trouble on that one if he gets much bigger. He described it as feeling cramped. but "workable". The back seat was for him actually more comfortable than the front, but the leg room for him even at 5'5" tall was miniscule to say the least.

BMW MINI: We'll never know how they did it, but the seats fit both lifter's backs better than expected. Mine was good and the kid was "acceptable" as far as seats go.

Dodge Charger: Front seats were about the same as the Challenger for the kid, The problem again was the side bolsters which pressed on the the lats. Not great, but could be better.

Ford Mustang: As a sports model the seats were the best of the three with regards to fitting the backs. Rear Leg room was not abundant, and the center console could present a future problem as quads continue to grow.

Subaru Legacy Outback: OK, this flat did not work. The rear seat legroom was not there if the person sitting in front of them has longer legs. OOOOPS!

Guys, as the rest of you continue checking see what you find and post it. We may be able to help each other here.

I know without doubt that Pickups are no problem, but, I don't want a pickup as the only vehicle around here.

Surprisingly the one that everybody loves is a restored 4,600 pound land-yacht '78 Ford LTD. I would hate to think however that as we hopefully continue to increase in size that this will be the only alternative. Keep the ideas coming. . . .
  #167   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:35 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Which model Challenger and Charger did you try Fuzzy? The Charger I sat in was an R/T and the Challenger was an SE (V-6 powered). I didn't have any issues with my lats, but shoulders and quads were what I had issues with in all of the cars I tried. I'm beginning to think that the only way I'll be able to buy a car that fits is to get a pre-'11 car if and when my current one finally goes away.
  #168   Add to backmask's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:18 PM

backmask is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight View Post
I've begun snoring like a beast. Seriously, a friend recently actually got up and fucking recorded me. I listened to it the next morning and I sounded like an angry bear passing a kidney stone. I've noticed that the snoring isn't a constant every night, but it's becoming more common.
This is the issue I've been facing. If I sleep on my side, which is becoming more and more difficult, I don't snore as bad. But if I'm on my back forget it, I'm going to sound like a monster. I didn't even realize it was a problem until I woke up one night to find my now-ex (not because of my snoring!) on the couch in the living room. I asked him if everything was okay and he asked how I managed to sleep through myself snoring. Talk about embarrassing. I'm actually considering going to a sleep center here and seeing what procedures might be available.
  #169   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:41 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by backmask View Post
This is the issue I've been facing. If I sleep on my side, which is becoming more and more difficult, I don't snore as bad. But if I'm on my back forget it, I'm going to sound like a monster. I didn't even realize it was a problem until I woke up one night to find my now-ex (not because of my snoring!) on the couch in the living room. I asked him if everything was okay and he asked how I managed to sleep through myself snoring. Talk about embarrassing. I'm actually considering going to a sleep center here and seeing what procedures might be available.
Not much one can do with a snoring issue, but using those breath easy strips or surgery. But it's something I'm just gonna have to put up with.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #170   Add to backmask's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:58 AM

backmask is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragetiger View Post
Not much one can do with a snoring issue, but using those breath easy strips or surgery. But it's something I'm just gonna have to put up with.
The breathe strips kinda helped, but if there's a quick surgical procedure to make it less of an issue I'd do it.
  #171   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
Which model Challenger and Charger did you try Fuzzy? The Charger I sat in was an R/T and the Challenger was an SE (V-6 powered). I didn't have any issues with my lats, but shoulders and quads were what I had issues with in all of the cars I tried. I'm beginning to think that the only way I'll be able to buy a car that fits is to get a pre-'11 car if and when my current one finally goes away.
The cars we looked at were at a used clearance at the Mall. The Challenger like yours was a dark metallic blue SE V6. The Charger was a very high option R/T which was the worst bright red I have ever seen. Neither one were 2011's. We no longer have a Dodge Dealership around here, so I can't speak on the 11's, but the first ones were not great either. We did better with the Ford Mustang in all honesty and that was both of us. What was a surprise was that the MINI was actually pretty decent.

I hate to think that I am going to either be stuck in a huge luxo barge sedan again or an SUV as a comfortable driver. The best thing we have had are S-Class Mercedes which were all bought used. These fit everybody well, but to get decent fuel mileage I would have to go back to an S-320 gasser or a S 300 D/ S-350 D. The Benz cars have served us well, but when they break the parts costs are bloody outrageous. Maintenance is average when it comes to oil changes and brake pads. The last 300 SD went 525,000 miles before it died. It just needs too much to be worth fixing at this point.

I really wanted something somewhat smaller and or more fun to drive.

The Mustang V6 is over 300 horsepower for 2011 and is rated at either 30 or 31 miles per gallon with an automatic. The GT V8 is 412 horsepower and the mileage on that is not bad for those power numbers either.

In the desert southwest including New Mexico and West Texas I can get decent deals on U.S. Iron if I shop them. The idea is being certain that we are not going to "outgrow" the vehicles too quickly.
  #172   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2011, 03:15 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Big Apple Madness

So I've got a work trip to New York. I was able to get nonstop flights (I live in a rural area) and not only that, the flight today was early! I had a non-eventful train ride into the city and managed to navigate my path to the hotel with little difficulty.

I've really been kicking up my training since 2011 started. I've lost 4 inches on my waist so the suit pants I brought for the function tonight were way too big. Luckily in NYC, you can get things done speedily. I found a tailor on my way to the hotel who agreed to take in my pants prior to my event tonight.

So, I was working from my hotel room this afternoon when I decided I should hang up my clothes to avoid wrinkles. Panic strikes as I realize I forgot to pack a dress shirt.

With my body changing shape lately, I had no idea what size shirt I needed. With my slimming waist, I decided to try both fitted and standard shirts. So I head to nearby Macy's where I grabbed a fitted 17x34-35 and a standard 17 1/2x34-35. I tried on the fitted one and it was too tight in the arms and the sleeves were not long enough either. I decided to see what the fitting room lady thought, she exclaimed:

I have two things to tell you....1) You need to get a longer sleeve and 2) you need to STOP working out!

Needless to say, I have no plans for 2). My purchased 17 1/2x36-37 fits my broad shoulders, arms, and chest quite well....for now.
  #173   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
With my body changing shape lately, I had no idea what size shirt I needed. With my slimming waist, I decided to try both fitted and standard shirts. So I head to nearby Macy's where I grabbed a fitted 17x34-35 and a standard 17 1/2x34-35. I tried on the fitted one and it was too tight in the arms and the sleeves were not long enough either. I decided to see what the fitting room lady thought, she exclaimed:

I have two things to tell you....1) You need to get a longer sleeve and 2) you need to STOP working out!

Needless to say, I have no plans for 2). My purchased 17 1/2x36-37 fits my broad shoulders, arms, and chest quite well....for now.
What's next, she gonna tell you she's a lesbian? Doubt that. She sounded pretty rude to even make suggestion 2, even if it was to sound more like a joke.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #174   Add to Mastermind's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Mastermind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragetiger View Post
What's next, she gonna tell you she's a lesbian? Doubt that. She sounded pretty rude to even make suggestion 2, even if it was to sound more like a joke.
Haha, personally I'd take it as a compliment! I mean, how many men can say they've had the experience of being told to STOP hitting the gym?
  #175   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2011, 07:15 PM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
Haha, personally I'd take it as a compliment! I mean, how many men can say they've had the experience of being told to STOP hitting the gym?
She didn't mean it in a rude way....I soaked it up. It will just motivate me even more!!
  #176   Add to seo.tenma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Tenma Seo

seo.tenma is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to seo.tenma
And this is just the beginning *grin*
  #177   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:42 AM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
My problem now, and others have mentioned this, is that when I bend my arms for a while it starts cutting off circulation! gahhh, i notice this is getting a little worse and now I can't sleep with my arms all bent close like I used to or I'll wake up with numb hands.
  #178   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:54 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrix View Post
My problem now, and others have mentioned this, is that when I bend my arms for a while it starts cutting off circulation! gahhh, i notice this is getting a little worse and now I can't sleep with my arms all bent close like I used to or I'll wake up with numb hands.
This problem will pass as you get bigger the main problem you are experiencing is swollen tendons and ligaments, most likely in your elbow area there is inflammation. Ice your elbow joint before you go to bed and find some good stretches for the affected areas.
I find the only real problem for me is clothing, nothing off the rack fits.
  #179   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Attention shirt makers: You need a third shirt style. Regular is for men with huge guts and Fitted is for men with skinny arms. Are there so few men with slim waists and muscular arms that you won't make a shirt that fits us?
  #180   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:28 PM

plaindudefornow is on a distinguished road
Well, had a moment at work today that made me think it wasnt all good. I was stretching and ripped my shirt across the back near the right shoulder blade area down to about the mid back. The shirt wasnt skin tight or anything to begin with.

I was just moving my arms across the front of my chest, there was tension/tauntness and then a snap and I kinda lurched forward a bit in my seat. I turned around and boom...saw the rip. I liked that shirt too...
  #181   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2011, 03:15 PM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaindudefornow View Post
Well, had a moment at work today that made me think it wasnt all good. I was stretching and ripped my shirt across the back near the right shoulder blade area down to about the mid back. The shirt wasnt skin tight or anything to begin with.

I was just moving my arms across the front of my chest, there was tension/tauntness and then a snap and I kinda lurched forward a bit in my seat. I turned around and boom...saw the rip. I liked that shirt too...
It might have been embarrassing then but how awesome now! I suggest you post a pic with you hulking out of the remnants of that shirt!
  #182   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
It might have been embarrassing then but how awesome now! I suggest you post a pic with you hulking out of the remnants of that shirt!
Oh I agree with this idea. We need a pic of that shirt being torn.

#183   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:12 PM

plaindudefornow is on a distinguished road
Well, I did keep it, but I doubt I could rip much more of it. I had to wear it all day, and there is a fair bit of slack to it now due to that damnedable rip. I am content for now just having the pic of it ripped on my FB.

I will wait until I grow more to finish it off.
  #184   Add to bbgonnabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Late but Great Grower

bbgonnabe is on a distinguished road
Jim USA - shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post
Attention shirt makers: You need a third shirt style. Regular is for men with huge guts and Fitted is for men with skinny arms. Are there so few men with slim waists and muscular arms that you won't make a shirt that fits us?
There is an "athletic" cut in addition to "fitted'.
  #185   Add to wires!wires!'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:33 PM

wires!wires! is on a distinguished road
i'd like to hear musclegods replies
  #186   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas88 View Post
My partner and I went to the DC Auto Show back in January. He's 6'4" and about 325 and I'm 6'5" and about 300. Looking at SUV's, even the big GM models were tight for us. We have to have the driver's seat all the way back to get the leg room but then the shoulders and upper arms hit the post between the front and back doors on most models. Ford was a little better. Also, he's a powerlifter so he's thick through the torso and any kind of wrap-around seat just jabs him in the back. I'm narrower through the waist but I can feel the sides of some seats jabbing up into my lats. Didn't check out the Challenger because we were focused on SUV's.
WE are not in a big hurry for a new car, but we had an opportunity to do some looking this past weekend and had kind of a surprise. We tried out a MINI and found that it fit my other half at his height quite well and it also fit the kid better than average. It takes a little shifting of seats, but, what amazed us was that the vehicle was very comfortable was a total blast to drive and for what you get is quite reasonable in price. What fits one won't always fit another, but, if you are looking for a ball of fun at a reasonable price go give the MINI a try and see what you think.
  #187   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM

The europeans design their cars for larger people. I bought a 2011 VW Jetta (really cheap car, but damn fun) and they designed it for people up to 6'7 in the fron, and 6'4 in the rear. No Japanese brand thinks like that, or makes as solid of a car for even twice the money.
  #188   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyKB View Post
WE are not in a big hurry for a new car, but we had an opportunity to do some looking this past weekend and had kind of a surprise. We tried out a MINI and found that it fit my other half at his height quite well and it also fit the kid better than average. It takes a little shifting of seats, but, what amazed us was that the vehicle was very comfortable was a total blast to drive and for what you get is quite reasonable in price. What fits one won't always fit another, but, if you are looking for a ball of fun at a reasonable price go give the MINI a try and see what you think.

The MINI dealer in El Paso Texas had been out of the newest model (a full 4 door sedan) called the "Countryman" for several weeks. Yesterday, (Saturday) several new ones had come in and we took out and drove the new full 4 door Countryman in the "S" form which is over 180 horsepower. Because of the type of driving we do we wanted the 6 speed manual transmission. The "S" was whip quick and though we were on a 100 degree plus day in a black MINI with 4 people in it, the A/C was more than up to the task. This is a turbocharged 1.6 L 4 cylinder that is interesting in that they made a really fat torque curve in a wide rpm range. This means that you get great acceleration that starts low in the power band and just keeps getting better. The factory gives this thing a 0-60 in the 7 second range and I believe it. We are talking nearly a 140 mph top speed and the thing absolutely surprised me. Very low road wind and tire noise! The engine is powerful and very quiet with very minimal vibration. BMW is the company behind the car, and that should make it decent. BMW/Mini takes care of all service for the first 3yrs or 36,000 miles as part of the deal and I understand that this factor can be extended if one wants to extend the warranty. I don't know if the Mini will be what we choose in the end, but, I can say that the new 4 door Countryman which is slightly larger is something to really be looked at seriously. Beautiful fit and finish, BMW engineering, and a price of admission that in 2011 is not all that bad for what you get!
  #189   Add to freakyhugemuscl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2011, 03:06 AM

freakyhugemuscl is on a distinguished road
hard to find suits

I wear suits for work, so when i tore one of my trousers earlier this week I headed to the shops for a replacement. Go figure, not a single suit that fitted! Either the jacket was too snug at the shoulders and good at the waist, or good at the shoulders and too wide at the waist... Same for the trousers: good at waist = too small at legs, good at legs = too wide at waist.. they advised me to have it custom made... at twice the price course... Guess it's not only supplements and food costs that get higher as you grow...
  #190   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:59 AM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
But now you can excuse yourself to get whatever you want. Of course you don't want something too tight but you can get the suit to really show off your body. That could be fun.
  #191   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyhugemuscl View Post
I wear suits for work, so when i tore one of my trousers earlier this week I headed to the shops for a replacement. Go figure, not a single suit that fitted! Either the jacket was too snug at the shoulders and good at the waist, or good at the shoulders and too wide at the waist... Same for the trousers: good at waist = too small at legs, good at legs = too wide at waist.. they advised me to have it custom made... at twice the price course... Guess it's not only supplements and food costs that get higher as you grow...
There are some "Factory Outlet" stores... ex. Washington Woolen Mills... that can mix and match jackets and pants and do special orders at reasonable prices... but that was several years back... since pants get more wear and tear than the jacket you might want to get an extra pair of pants too...

Last edited by Ender; June 20th, 2011 at 02:25 PM.
  #192   Add to Stealthwolf2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Stealthwolf2 is on a distinguished road
So, as of last weekend, I've now ripped a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts that fit me fine last year, both in the same area: on the inside thigh. And the seams of the jeans on the outside thigh were pretty badly stretched out as well.

And only 5 of my shirts I owned still fit to the point I don't look like I'm showing off or aren't too tight. They used to be big on me, now they're just a bit snug.

Can't afford a whole new wardrobe as yet...so...I kind of just have to do with what I've got for the rest of the summer. ugh.
  #193   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM

niko777 is on a distinguished road
I destroyed a couple of pairs of jeans myself, by ripping the inside thigh too. It sucks. Today, I was at the job and I went to the bathroom. I put down my pants to sit on the toilet, but my jeans wouldn't get past my calves! They are about 17.5", so they are not enormous, but still, my jeans were stuck at my knees because my calves were too big! It was kind of hot, but at the same time, I felt tight and not exactly comfortable to do what I had to do, if you see what I mean. But hey, being big HAS to have disadvantages, right? Otherwise, it wouldn't be faire for the small ones, hahaha!
  #194   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2011, 06:02 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Yeah jeans are quickly moving out of the question for me I'm still good bu it will happen sooner than later.

Stealthwolf2, I know what you mean man. I have only about a 6 or 7 shirts I can fit that look pretty good without seeming like a showoff. I will definitely have to go shopping for the fall when the times comes.

I know we should be happy to grow out of clothes but some of those shirts you stumbled upon and just loved to death and now they aren't even good for gym shirts that's how tight they are LOL.

Sacrifices have to be made though
  #195   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2011, 06:09 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Let's hear it for lunges!

I don't know if this exactly qualifies, but I have been working legs with my trainer lately - lots of weighted lunges back and forth across the gym.

Afterwards, my butt and upper hamstrings are really sore -- in a good way.

The payoff came a few days later when I was putting on some new shorts I got for summer. The waist was loose, but I had a hard time pulling the pants up over my butt! When I have the shorts fastened, I notice that the pockets pull due to my butt filling out the seat! Well, I guess that means I won't be able to put much in the pockets, but, hey, who cares!

Here's to a summer of good, productive lifting!

Mdlftr
  #196   Add to TopHeavy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2011, 04:17 AM

TopHeavy is on a distinguished road
Clothing is a great reminder that you are growing. I went through all my shirts the other day. About three quarters of them are unwearable, and the others are distinctly tight.

Also, I wear my ring on a chain around my neck while I work out. At the end of the workout, I can't bend my arms enough to remove the chain, so I have to wait for the pump to subside.
  #197   Add to RPM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM

RPM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RPM
Not being able to fit your arm in the blood pressure cuff:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...er/rls-bpf.jpg
  #198   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:48 PM

I think we all have that problem, but that is a FINE looking example!
  #199   Add to suiat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:00 PM

suiat is on a distinguished road
I'm sure others have had this, but I thought it was kinda cool:

As a teenager I always wore boxers, because it was the style. But now it looks like I'm gonna have to move back to briefs because my legs are getting too big for my boxers--bending down or lifting my legs up they get stuck up on my thighs and then I have to pull them back down. Awkard in public!
  #200   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:25 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiat View Post
I'm sure others have had this, but I thought it was kinda cool:

As a teenager I always wore boxers, because it was the style. But now it looks like I'm gonna have to move back to briefs because my legs are getting too big for my boxers--bending down or lifting my legs up they get stuck up on my thighs and then I have to pull them back down. Awkard in public!
Obviously you need to post a pic of you in your boxers so we can advise you on this matter! :-)

xoxo

Richard

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options