The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to mattg66's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:30 AM

mattg66 is on a distinguished road
Comments from strangers

Went grocery shoppin yesterday in a beater n shorts. The checkout woman was checkin me out and said - "you're lookin good!" Love to have the ego stroked!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:44 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Its always nice to get a positive comment, it definitely is a good motivation to work hard in the gym.
  #3   Add to bobbyboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:35 PM

bobbyboy is on a distinguished road
I keep getting people staring at my arms at work. It was cool at first but its starting to creep me out.
  #4   Add to mattg66's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2010, 02:10 AM

Hey Bobby - How big are your gunz? What kinda work you do? It would never creep me out. LOL
  #5   Add to mattg66's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:11 AM

Got another one today in the locker room. Some old dude told me he'd never fuk with a dude like me. Feelin cocky - I hit a double bi. Either a bunch of coincidences or I'm gettin bigger. In any case - I'm lovin it!
  #6   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2010, 09:24 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyboy View Post
I keep getting people staring at my arms at work. It was cool at first but its starting to creep me out.
I can relate. I was wearing a tank top to a casual meeting of friends and caught a couple of people staring at my arms. No one said anything to me about it, they just kept looking. It WAS getting a bit creepy. Now don't get me wrong- I've worked hard to get 18 inch guns and I'm proud of them.

I guess I have it coming as I always was the one who checked out a more muscular arm and might be caught staring.

I can always wear a longer sleeve, more loose shirt if I'm feeling too self-conscious, but sometimes I just like to show off.

It's just going to take some getting used to.

Bulkybud
  #7   Add to mattg66's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:06 AM

Ok - I love my grocery store. I'm baggin my order and an employee is standin next to me as i go about my business. He says - you look like a weightlifter. I said yeah. As I'm waitin he says "can you move your pex?" I immediately started to bounce em. He tapped me on em. We talked a little more. He said he benched 400 lbs. He definitely DID NOT. I asked him if he had these and flexed an arm. It was fukn great. He kept shakin my hand - tryin to grip me up. Definitely a dude who appreciates musl. More than that - another ego strokin for me - more fuel to go pump up more!
  #8   Add to helliot's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:17 AM

helliot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to helliot
Awesome stories, Matt! Great gains.
  #9   Add to drew's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Freak Under Construction!

drew is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to drew Send a message via Yahoo to drew
Haha yeah this sort of thing was actually hard for me to get used to. What's tough for me are the times when I am feeling less than happy with my body and the progress I'm making and somebody else makes a big deal about how fit you are in their eyes.

Either way it's always fun!
  #10   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg66 View Post
Ok - I love my grocery store. I'm baggin my order and an employee is standin next to me as i go about my business. He says - you look like a weightlifter. I said yeah. As I'm waitin he says "can you move your pex?" I immediately started to bounce em. He tapped me on em. We talked a little more. He said he benched 400 lbs. He definitely DID NOT. I asked him if he had these and flexed an arm. It was fukn great. He kept shakin my hand - tryin to grip me up. Definitely a dude who appreciates musl. More than that - another ego strokin for me - more fuel to go pump up more!
Way to go, Matt...am glad you are getting this positive reinforcement. After seeing you on cam, I can see why.
  #11   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2010, 05:40 AM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Had an interesting grocery store experience last night. Stopped in to just grab some stuff to eat at a picnic today and was wearing a tee that was slightly tight and shorts. As I was checking out, I noticed the guy bagging kept looking at me. He asked how long this food last me and I side that is just for tomorrow. He said yeah, it must take a lot of food to fill you up because you are huge. He asked were I worked out and told him an said I hope to see you there. Gave him a little back flexing show on the way out
  #12   Add to mattg66's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Nice muscleboy. How long have you been doin stuff like that? It's been a few months that I've been flexin and not carin who's around. I love it man. Keep up the good work. I'm hopin to get pix soon. Maybe you can too!
  #13   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2010, 05:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Quote:
Nice muscleboy. How long have you been doin stuff like that? It's been a few months that I've been flexin and not carin who's around. I love it man. Keep up the good work. I'm hopin to get pix soon. Maybe you can too!
I do it randomly and love showing off. I try doing it more nno key, like at the grocery store, i will stop and act like I am putting my wallet away and do a little back flexing
  #14   Add to Amazed's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM

Amazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Amazed
Damn these stories are hot! I don't have anything as great, but I gotta say I loved it when my co-worker came up to me and started the conversation by saying "You clearly work out..." then proceeded to ask me for lifting advice!
  #15   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:47 AM

At the Bar

Went out to a bar Friday night and had two guys come up and commented on my build. We chatted for a couple of minutes as they asked the usual questions (how many times a week at the gym, how much I lift, how much I eat, etc). One of them asked if my legs were as big as my arms and I said bigger. They said no way and I said go ahead a feel them. The one that was almost drooling grabbed by calf and was shocked. Told him my calves are around 19" and quads are around 28". He told his buddy that you have feel these legs because they are huge and hard as a rock. This started about 10 minutes of being a show for them and some of their friends that they called over. It was awesome. Should have seen the sad faces when my partner came over and said we had to leave.
  #16   Add to wesman123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:37 PM

wesman123 is on a distinguished road
Damm dude i never seen 19inch calves in person, you have pics we can see dude.
  #17   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:19 PM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleboy82000 View Post
Went out to a bar Friday night and had two guys come up and commented on my build. We chatted for a couple of minutes as they asked the usual questions (how many times a week at the gym, how much I lift, how much I eat, etc). One of them asked if my legs were as big as my arms and I said bigger. They said no way and I said go ahead a feel them. The one that was almost drooling grabbed by calf and was shocked. Told him my calves are around 19" and quads are around 28". He told his buddy that you have feel these legs because they are huge and hard as a rock. This started about 10 minutes of being a show for them and some of their friends that they called over. It was awesome. Should have seen the sad faces when my partner came over and said we had to leave.
Man, it sure would be nice if all big guys were as friendly and open as you are.
  #18   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:04 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Had a comment the other day..... I get them, but rarely like the one I had the other day.

I was going into the mall and as I am walking towards the mall, this older gentleman says to me in a pleasant voice "man you really need to work out more...". I could tell that he was being sarcastic and good natured and I said "well, I try" and I chuckled.

He stopped and said "you know I'm kidding, you are HUGE! How long have you been lifting??". I told him over 20 years and he was absolutely floored when I told him that I had just turned 51. He was aghast, told me how he used to lift but stopped, etc etc and he never got but so big and was wondering how I could maintain my size (260 plus pounds) at my age. I told him where I worked out and if he's ever in the area drop by.

That always makes my days and always seems to happen on days when the tank top and shorts go on

Ron III---III
  #19   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozman View Post
Man, it sure would be nice if all big guys were as friendly and open as you are.
. I am usually nice to anyone that comes up and starts talking first. I just get pissed be guys just walk up and start grabbing me.
  #20   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman123 View Post
Damm dude i never seen 19inch calves in person, you have pics we can see dude.
My calves and legs grow extremely well. I will see what I can do to get a couple pictures posted for you.
  #21   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:08 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
My calves and legs grow extremely well. I will see what I can do to get a couple pictures posted for you.
He's not alone....I'd love to see whatever pics you feel comfortable sharing. The 28" quads and huge upper body are certainly intriguing as well. Either way, thanks for sharing your experiences.
  #22   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
While working out with my buddy some guys were commenting on how big my legs were already and how much weight I was pressing. Considering it was from bigger black really fit guys I took the compliments quite well.

I'm an actor, writer, director, security guard, who works out, and who lives near Toronto, Canada.
  #23   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:17 PM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
Had a comment the other day..... I get them, but rarely like the one I had the other day.

I was going into the mall and as I am walking towards the mall, this older gentleman says to me in a pleasant voice "man you really need to work out more...". I could tell that he was being sarcastic and good natured and I said "well, I try" and I chuckled.

He stopped and said "you know I'm kidding, you are HUGE! How long have you been lifting??". I told him over 20 years and he was absolutely floored when I told him that I had just turned 51. He was aghast, told me how he used to lift but stopped, etc etc and he never got but so big and was wondering how I could maintain my size (260 plus pounds) at my age. I told him where I worked out and if he's ever in the area drop by.

That always makes my days and always seems to happen on days when the tank top and shorts go on

Ron III---III
as if by strange coincidence, ey? Great story, thanks for sharing! 20" arms before I'm 50... yup, I'll get there, no doubt about it! thanks for the inspiration.
  #24   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:48 AM

Jethro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
. I am usually nice to anyone that comes up and starts talking first. I just get pissed be guys just walk up and start grabbing me.

I know what you mean. I'm walking home one hot summer night and this guy falls in walking along beside me asking the usual questions, "How did you get so big?" and "How often do you work out?" He seems nice enough and not pushy so I'm answering his questions politely. Then I get to my doorway and stop and say, "nice talking with you" when without warning he faces me, leans in against me and put his hands on my pecs and starts squeezing them hard. I was really startled and about to push him off when he backs away and says, "Sorry, I just had to feel your chest. Sorry. God, it's just so big." Then he turns and walks away and I'm standing there thinking "what was that?"
  #25   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:07 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
I know what you mean. I'm walking home one hot summer night and this guy falls in walking along beside me asking the usual questions, "How did you get so big?" and "How often do you work out?" He seems nice enough and not pushy so I'm answering his questions politely. Then I get to my doorway and stop and say, "nice talking with you" when without warning he faces me, leans in against me and put his hands on my pecs and starts squeezing them hard. I was really startled and about to push him off when he backs away and says, "Sorry, I just had to feel your chest. Sorry. God, it's just so big." Then he turns and walks away and I'm standing there thinking "what was that?"
With your stats, Jethro, I'm not surprised! Afterward, aside from being stunned, were you upset or were you pleased in an odd sort of way that someone was so impressed with your hard work that they'd go to such lengths to feel you??
  #26   Add to not2bright's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM

not2bright is on a distinguished road
I'm fascinated by your story, Jethro. One question comes to mind: where you wearing a shirt at the time?

I'm quite shy and introverted, so I could never imagine myself just "copping a feel" from a total stranger (or even a friend, for that matter). But I also wouldn't have the courage to even ASK, for that matter. I've had a few friends either flex in front of me, invite me to touch or have me take the occasional measurement, and even then I'm hesitant. Some of them know I'm gay and turned on by muscle and some don't.

But either way, I want to be respectful. I appreciate the hard work that goes into being well-built, and I'm grateful that someone wants to share their results with me.

So shirt or no shirt, I can't condone what that guy did to you. I guess I'm just curious.

For what it's worth, I do believe you received a compliment, even if it was inappropriately done.
  #27   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
With your stats, Jethro, I'm not surprised! Afterward, aside from being stunned, were you upset or were you pleased in an odd sort of way that someone was so impressed with your hard work that they'd go to such lengths to feel you??
You're right, it was an odd mix of being upset and pleased at the same time. One problem is--and many bodybuilders on here and elsewhere talk about this-- I never think of or see myself as big. I always see guys who are bigger and know that I want to be so much bigger so I always feel small. Yet when something like this happens, you have to realize that you are big enough to cause someone to react that way.
  #28   Add to Jethro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2bright View Post
I'm fascinated by your story, Jethro. One question comes to mind: where you wearing a shirt at the time?

I'm quite shy and introverted, so I could never imagine myself just "copping a feel" from a total stranger (or even a friend, for that matter). But I also wouldn't have the courage to even ASK, for that matter. I've had a few friends either flex in front of me, invite me to touch or have me take the occasional measurement, and even then I'm hesitant. Some of them know I'm gay and turned on by muscle and some don't.

But either way, I want to be respectful. I appreciate the hard work that goes into being well-built, and I'm grateful that someone wants to share their results with me.

So shirt or no shirt, I can't condone what that guy did to you. I guess I'm just curious.

For what it's worth, I do believe you received a compliment, even if it was inappropriately done.

It was a hot summer night so I was wearing a white v-neck T-shirt. I'd come from a great workout so it was stretched pretty tight I guess.

I'm actually shy myself so I'd never walk down the street without a shirt on. And I think you're right, it was a compliment, just delivered in a weird way. The guy could have just said something about the size of my chest. But would I have flexed for him or let him feel my pecs right there on the street? Knowing myself, I doubt it. So he got what he wanted.
  #29   Add to Stealthwolf2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:28 PM

Stealthwolf2 is on a distinguished road
I was at a DCI competition this past Saturday in Atlanta, and was looking for a t-shirt to buy of a favorite corp. As I was looking, the guy behind the table who was selling the merchandise for this particular corp looked at me and said "I don't know man, I don't think I have a size that can fit around those pythons." I laughed and said "That's why scissors exist"
  #30   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2010, 06:48 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthwolf2 View Post
I was at a DCI competition this past Saturday in Atlanta, and was looking for a t-shirt to buy of a favorite corp. As I was looking, the guy behind the table who was selling the merchandise for this particular corp looked at me and said "I don't know man, I don't think I have a size that can fit around those pythons." I laughed and said "That's why scissors exist"
Anxiously awaiting your next pic in said t-shirt....
  #31   Add to musclover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:33 PM

musclover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclover
I was wondering, does there come a certain age when you're more receptive to curious guys asking to feel you flexing or paying you compliments? I feel like the younger muscular guys are just cocky and arrogant, while older guys are more welcome to the attention.
  #32   Add to bbgonnabe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Late but Great Grower

bbgonnabe is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
That was a physical boundary violation!
  #33   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2bright View Post

A confession here: I've admired muscle and the results displayed by guys who work out for some time. I'm working out myself, but it's taking me a while to really show much development because 1. I'm not as consistent as I should and want to be because of various reasons (health, life, priorities) 2. I'm tall and naturally lean.

Anywho, I was in an elevator one time with a co-worker who is gay and who has been working out for some time. He's a different body type from me - about 5'11", maybe 220#, thick with some gut, but overall muscular. He likes to wear more fitted shirts, left hanging out of his pants to semi-disguise his gut. He has a nice set of shoulders, arms and pecs. I'm definitely a pec man, and I've worked out with him in the past. He's partnered, and I'm married, so we're sort of office-acquiantances/"semi-buds". We talk lifting very occasionally. I can be pretty intense, so maybe that creeps him out. Any how, one time we were in an elevator together, and were talking about lifting and I just reached over and squeezed his pecs and said,
"man, this is great. I'd love to have this kind of development." He didn't take it well (understandably) and jumped back. I later apologized to him and he was o.k. about it. All in all, people don't like to be touched, and in my experience, despite all the fantasizing on here, gay guys don't like being touched any more than anyone else. It's a personal space issue. If I have issues about wishing my own development was more advanced, then I know what to do -- hit the gym more often. I am embarrassed and sorry every time I think of the incident, and he's never mentioned it, but I feel like a jerk.

Moral of the story: "look, don't touch. No one wants to know about your issues -- so use the internet. That's what it's for."
  #34   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2011, 02:50 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
" people don't like to be touched"? IME, people (myself included) don't like uninvited touch.
  #35   Add to mordre_t's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:19 AM

mordre_t is on a distinguished road
^ Yup. Uninvited or sudden touch from someone who you aren't close with doesn't go down well with 95% of people. What qualifies as uninvited and who qualifies as "not close" will vary from person to person. It's generally best to play it safe and respectful.
  #36   Add to mattg66's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2011, 04:04 AM

Comments

On a lighter note - I ate lunch with a couple of the guys at work. First warm day - so I wore a polo shirt - the one dude just kept commenting on my arms. Love gettin the ego stroked!
  #37   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 20th, 2011, 10:02 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
I was at a family reunion some time ago and of course all my little nephews had grown up. Apparently I got a lot of comments about how different I look now. I suppose I dont really notice if its in the mirror each day, but it was enough to attarct some attention without even trying.

Also, I crossed paths with a few people in my old town just the other week. My old school teacher gasped that I ahd "filled out" so much. I was also suprised when I went to my old gym for a casual visit that many of the old faces were still around there. The manager sortof recognised me, but a couple of the patrons that I thought i would never see agian mistook me for a complete stranger. I suppose 5 years might have been a long time to change, but I never thought Id look that different.
  #38   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:18 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
On a lighter note - I ate lunch with a couple of the guys at work. First warm day - so I wore a polo shirt - the one dude just kept commenting on my arms. Love gettin the ego stroked!
NIICE! Hope pics are forthcoming!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options