The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to v4m2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM

v4m2003 is on a distinguished road
feeling bigger and i like it

was at an extremely crowded club last night... everyone constantly pushing each other around. at some point i noticed i was able to push dudes aside and resist guys pushing on me like i had never done before. just exerting more pressure, guys moving for me more. i felt big. i dunno, 180 pounds is kind of big right? compared to most guys in general? never felt big. used to weigh around 140. feels good.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to msclbldr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:39 PM

msclbldr
Send a message via Yahoo to msclbldr
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4m2003 View Post
was at an extremely crowded club last night... everyone constantly pushing each other around. at some point i noticed i was able to push dudes aside and resist guys pushing on me like i had never done before. just exerting more pressure, guys moving for me more. i felt big. i dunno, 180 pounds is kind of big right? compared to most guys in general? never felt big. used to weigh around 140. feels good.
My experience in clubs is that big guys don't push. We realise that we could do damage if we pushed. Smaller guys tend to be the ones who push, maybe because that have to if they are to get through.
  #3   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:11 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by msclbldr View Post
My experience in clubs is that big guys don't push. We realise that we could do damage if we pushed. Smaller guys tend to be the ones who push, maybe because that have to if they are to get through.
^my experience also
  #4   Add to theunknown's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM

theunknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by suma View Post
^my experience also

No, no. Let's not generalize. Remember: douchebags come in all shapes and sizes.
  #5   Report Post  
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:05 PM
febjr

It's fun though when we encounter a guy who used to push us around, who looks like he is getting ready come after us, have second thoughts and leave rather than take the chance of getting hurt.
  #6   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:10 AM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Quote:
Originally Posted by febjr View Post
It's fun though when we encounter a guy who used to push us around, who looks like he is getting ready come after us, have second thoughts and leave rather than take the chance of getting hurt.
In high school I was 6'4" and might have weighed 180 wet...SKINNY and uncoordinated and an easy target for more athletic guys that were shorter. At the 5-year high school reunion I was 6'5", a solid 250# and a LOT more athletic (bodybuilding, softball, volleyball, and flag football)...the reactions were a lot of fun. A lot of people didn't recognize me and when I told them my name, you could see the eyes widen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunknown View Post
No, no. Let's not generalize. Remember: douchebags come in all shapes and sizes.
Yes, douche bags do come in all sizes, but, it's my experience, too, that, if I'm making my way through a crowded bar trying NOT to do damage to people and someone is pushing me because I'm not moving fast enough, you can bet money it's a little guy who wouldn't know the words "excuse me" if they bit him on the ass...experience, not generalization.

Last edited by Lucas88; August 26th, 2010 at 11:14 AM.
  #7   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas88 View Post
In high school I was 6'4" and might have weighed 180 wet...SKINNY and uncoordinated and an easy target for more athletic guys that were shorter. At the 5-year high school reunion I was 6'5", a solid 250# and a LOT more athletic (bodybuilding, softball, volleyball, and flag football)...the reactions were a lot of fun. A lot of people didn't recognize me and when I told them my name, you could see the eyes widen.
Coming from the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm always surprised to hear of really tall guys getting bullied, regardless of weight. It's so far removed from my experience that I find it hard to imagine. Either way, that's the basic plan for myself come... whenever I get back home. I bet it'll be fun watching tall-but-smaller guys squirm. >)

Quote:
Yes, douche bags do come in all sizes, but, it's my experience, too, that, if I'm making my way through a crowded bar trying NOT to do damage to people and someone is pushing me because I'm not moving fast enough, you can bet money it's a little guy who wouldn't know the words "excuse me" if they bit him on the ass...experience, not generalization.
IME, people in groups and large people plod along like there's no one else there. I ALWAYS try to be polite about it, say excuse me and wait until there's a space for me to get through, but I REALLY hate it when they/he don't/doesn't have any spacial awareness or courteousness about getting out of the way when others are in a hurry. I might be in the minority about politeness, but 9 times out of 10 I have to deal with this.

Last edited by wolfotehmoon; August 27th, 2010 at 01:33 PM.
  #8   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2010, 02:05 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfotehmoon View Post
IME, people in groups and large people plod along like there's no one else there. I ALWAYS try to be polite about it, say excuse me and wait until there's a space for me to get through, but I REALLY hate it when they/he don't/doesn't have any spacial awareness or courteousness about getting out of the way when others are in a hurry. I might be in the minority about politeness, but 9 times out of 10 I have to deal with this.
Well, sometimes the "plod[ing] along" might be because, in a crowd, large people can do damage and they're actually being cautious. If someone says "excuese me," I am more than happy to get out of their way if I can and let them make a path through the crowd on their own. I don't care how big a hurry you're in, how big you are, or how small you are, pushing against people intentionally in a crowd is and can, in some circumstances, be hazardous.
  #9   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, sometimes the "plod[ing] along" might be because, in a crowd, large people can do damage and they're actually being cautious. If someone says "excuese me," I am more than happy to get out of their way if I can and let them make a path through the crowd on their own. I don't care how big a hurry you're in, how big you are, or how small you are, pushing against people intentionally in a crowd is and can, in some circumstances, be hazardous.
Well, my the vast majority of my recent experience with it is on my college campus, so it's generally a) girls traveling in packs, b) coeds traveling in packs, c) basketball players, and d) football players. Generally, there's no one in front of them and they're walking slow just for the hell of it. Whether because of a smaller ego or smaller bodies, I generally don't see, say, soccer players blocking peoples' way. I think it might be about humility; the guys who farther from the center of attention when they were younger are better about it. Tall geeks are good about it, for example; tall jocks/business majors... not so much.

Sounds like you're better about it, at least.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options