The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to ljuvlig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM

ljuvlig is on a distinguished road
Need help getting started.

Hi y'all.
I'm 18, and have the body of a twink by all definitions. I get lots of compliments about well my face and body go together, but that's not enough for me. What I personally want is a bigger body and more strength. I hate feeling awkward for wearing short sleeved t-shirts because my arms are small, or jeans because my legs aren't the biggest.

So, I come to y'all today in hopes of receiving some advice on how I can start. I don't quite want to just walk into a gym and grab a dumbbell and start lifting. I'd like some structure.

If you need more information, I'll gladly give it. Here are my stats as of now:

5'10
135lbs

I haven't measured anything because I don't have a tape measure. If it's needed or recommended, I can buy one. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Speaker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 9th, 2010, 05:39 PM

Speaker is on a distinguished road
http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/

I hate to advertise, but this isn't a bad place to start. If you go through and fill out what you want, it'll give you a good idea of what kind of workouts you should be doing (at least at the beginning) as well as some basic nutrition, and so on.

They're kind of stereotypically macho though. It's actually sorta annoying. Always going on about how "if you want to date that hot cheerleader" and so on. At least, that's how it was for me when I put in teen male and build muscle for my choices haha.

Still, it's got good training information and it has videos of each exercise if you don't know how to do them. At least check it out.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options