The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2006, 10:15 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Saved - 5

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Five

Tristan rested his shoulder against a locker, watching Gabriel at the far end of the hall. The little guy was getting ready for his next class?putting some thick books away while retrieving others that looked just as heavy.

Two older boys snickered as they crept up on him, but Tristan held his ground. Waiting.

Gabriel reached up to get a book from the top shelf of his locker. His shirt sleeve fell to his shoulder, revealing his thin, pale arm. And the silver armband Tristan had given him yesterday.

As soon as the would-be bullies caught sight of it, they backed off in a big way.

Tristan?s mouth crooked.

He?d been wearing that band since first grade. It had become his trademark over the years. As he had hoped, it did a lot to keep Gabriel safe.

?You belong to me, Gabriel,? he whispered. ?And now everyone knows it.?

Smooth, dark laughter floated by his ear. ?Not everyone.?

He spun, looking for the source of the laughter. All he saw were kids heading to their next class. Azra could be any one of them, and Tristan remembered that he could throw his voice wherever he wanted.

What was his plan?

And how could he save Gabriel from it?

Gabriel rested his chin on the heel of his hand as he listened to Mr. Watkins recite the Bill of Rights.

Well, <i> listening </i> wasn?t exactly the right word. Gabriel had memorized the U.S. Constitution in the fifth grade. His mind raced ahead, to all the Amendments that followed, then went over the Amendments that failed to get ratified before building a list comparing the ones that made it and the ones that didn?t.

Mr. Sanchez?the guidance counselor?promised him that next year, after he got his core classes out of the way, he?d be challenged.

But for now, since his Uncle wouldn?t allow him to skip a grade, he was stuck. Just as he?d be stuck in highschool for the next four years.

A smile touched his mouth.

Four years hanging out with Tristan wouldn?t be so bad.

The door opened and everyone turned to see who was there.

Gabriel?s lips parted when he saw the young man standing in the doorway. He?d never seen eyes that bright a blue, and his jet black hair only served to accent them.

?Yes?? asked Mr. Watkins, somewhat impatiently. ?Can I help you??

The boy glanced down at a piece of paper in his hand and lifted his head, nervously pushing his black wire framed glasses higher up on his nose. ?I-I?m Azra Keller. New student? Is this U.S. History I??

?Ah, yes. You?re late, Mr. Keller.?

?I apologize, sir. I got lost.?

Mr. Watkins straightened at the word ?sir,? and waved him inside. ?Understandable. Take a seat by Mr. Rivers over there.?

Azra looked around, spotted the only empty seat in the classroom, and walked toward Gabriel, who was sitting by the window.

Gabriel tried not to stare, but although Azra only wore a simple navy dress shirt and a pair of black slacks, the other boy seemed to radiate power.

Azra settled into his seat and pulled out a notebook. He turned his head, offered Gabriel a shy smile. ?Hi.?

?Hi,? he whispered back.

He ducked his head a little. ?Azra?? he asked, as if he weren?t quite sure of his own name.

Gabriel smiled. ?I?m Gabriel.?

?Nice to meet you.? He held out his hand.

?Same here,? he said, shaking it. Azra?s hand was cool, his grip firm.

He leaned closer, giving Gabriel a perfect view of his eyes. ?C-Can I look at your book? I haven?t gotten mine yet.?

Gabriel picked up his textbook and placed it on Azra?s desk.

His brow furrowed. ?Don?t you need it??

?I?m fine,? he said, eager to make a friend. Most people disliked him on sight.

Azra glanced down at the open book. ?Ah, man,? he said softly. ?The Bill of Rights? We just covered that in my old school.?

?This is the second time he?s listed them. That usually means a pop-quiz is coming.?

?I hope so. I could use an easy A.? Azra looked at him again, his lips twitching at the corners. ?Church-speech-guns-unwelcome soldiers in the house-search and seizure-due process-fast trials-double jeopardy-juries-cruel and unusual punishment-power to the people. How hard is that??

Gabriel barely covered his mouth in time to stifle his laughter. ?I?ve never heard it said that way before.?

?Am I wrong??

He shook his head.

Grinning, Azra closed the book and handed it back to him. ?Guess I don?t need this either.?

For the first time since school started, Gabriel wasn?t bored in U.S. History.

They spent the rest of the hour whispering about the class. Gabriel explained the course syllabus; Azra joked that he wouldn?t have to study for a couple more weeks. They were at the back of the room, so Mr. Watkins didn?t notice them speaking out of turn.

Both of them glanced up in surprise when the bell rang.

?Wow,? said Azra. ?That went by fast.?

?It did.? Gabriel slipped his textbook into his bag and stood. ?What?s your next class??

Azra checked his schedule before getting to his feet. ?Looks like P.E.?

Gabriel tilted his head back, surprised and pleased to find Azra only a few inches taller than him?around five feet. ?I?ve got that too.?

?Really?? The shyness returned to his face. ?I don?t suppose you could show me the way??

It was amazing to find someone as awkward as himself, but Gabriel reasoned that it was his first day of school, and that Azra would find his place soon enough.

Before Azra left him for his real friends, though, Gabriel wanted to spend as much time with him as possible. ?No problem!?

Azra smiled: warm, intent. ?Thanks, Gabriel. You?re saving my life here.?

He hadn?t been able to ?save? anyone in years. Blushing, Gabriel walked out of the classroom and led Azra to the gym. He pointed out the major landmarks as they passed them, but otherwise they didn?t talk much.

And yet, somehow, the silence wasn?t uncomfortable.

A few jocks were using their free period to workout when Gabriel and Azra walked through the weight-room. Out of habit, Gabriel stayed close to the wall, careful not to make eye contact.

Not that it helped.

?Look at this, guys. The mini-munchkin has got himself a little friend!?

Gabriel kept his gaze forward, his skin flaming.

?Fun. Now we get to watch one more punk taking the walk of shame to the locker room.?

?Friendly people, here,? murmured Azra.

Unable to bear the humiliation of being taunted in front of his new friend, Gabriel quickened his pace. ?Yeah.?

Something crashed to the floor, and Gabriel spun.

One of the bigger jocks was hopping up and down, clutching his foot.

?God DAMMIT!? Still hopping, he shoved at the guy next to him with one hand. ?You dropped a fucking ten pound plate on my foot!?

The guy shoved him back. ?I didn?t do anything! Don?t blame me for your stupid ass!?

Azra glanced down at Gabriel, his eyebrows raised. ?Very friendly.?

Gabriel covered his mouth with his hand, knowing he?d get the beating of his life if he laughed out loud, Tristan or no Tristan.

?We?d better get going,? said Azra, striding past him and into the locker room. ?Class will start in a few minutes.?

Gabriel watched the two jocks argue a moment longer before turning to follow. ?Do you have a uniform yet??

?No, but they ordered one and told me to bring a tank-top and shorts for today. I guess my transfer was pretty quick.?

?Where are you from??

?All over. We move around a lot.? Azra paused. ?Where?s your locker? Can I put my stuff next to yours??

?Ah, sure.? Gabriel walked to the end of the row, passing by his thankfully quiet classmates, and made a left. ?Mine?s in the very back, in this far corner.?

Azra didn?t ask why he chose to hide himself away. He just opened an empty locker beside Gabriel?s and put his backpack inside. ?So tell me about our teacher. Is he a hardass??

Gabriel hesitated a moment before taking off his shirt. His bruises had more or less faded, but he was still self-conscious about his body. ?Sometimes. He?s okay as long as he knows you?re doing your best.?

?Good deal.? He tilted his head to the side as he looked at Gabriel?s biceps. ?That?s an interesting armband.?

His face broke into a wide grin. ?Isn?t it?? He curled his hand over it. ?My... My friend gave it to me.?

Friend. It felt so right to say it.

?Must be a good friend,? said Azra, unbuttoning his shirt.

He carefully slid the band from his arm and placed it in his locker, not wanting it to get sweaty during class. ?He is.? Gabriel turned to look at Azra, and his breath lodged in his throat.

Azra rubbed his hand over his bare chest, his shoulders hunching forward. ?I look weird, don?t I? I knew I would.? He glanced over his shoulder. ?I don?t look like any of the guys here.?

His mouth worked a few times, but at the moment he could only stare. While Azra was nowhere near as broad and thick as Tristan, he was <i> cut. </i> Deep crevices were carved into his body, marking his pectoral muscles, his biceps, his abdominals, obliques, delts, forearms.

And he wore a pendant around his neck. A round, onyx stone suspended within a silver ring. It was as entrancing as the rest of him.

Azra slid his other arm over his stomach, trying to cover himself. ?Gabriel??

He tried to shake himself out of his stupor. ?You look... You look...?

?I know.? He stared down at his feet. ?My stepdad is a personal trainer, and he keeps me on this strict diet and exercise program.? Azra lifted his gaze. ?I look like a freak, right??

Wordlessly, Gabriel shook his head.

A soft smile touched his lips. ?Really??

He nodded.

?Thanks, Gabriel.? He reached into his bag, pulled out a gray tank-top. ?It was tough at my old school, you know? People were always whispering behind my back, saying I wasn?t normal. You have no idea what it was like.?

He watched as Azra stepped into a pair of black shorts. His legs were just as defined as his torso, and he wondered if they were as hard as they looked. ?I might. Have an idea, I mean.?

Azra fell silent a long moment before another shy smile shaped his mouth. ?You should hurry up and get dressed. Or we?ll be late.?

?Oh!? Gabriel rushed to pull on his yellow tank and red shorts?both with the school logo emblazoned on them. He closed his locker and secured it, out of breath by the time he was done.

Chuckling, Azra motioned for him to lead the way.

They were separated during class. Coach ran them through drills meant to gage their strength and stamina, and Azra quickly pulled ahead the rest of the students. Laps, sit-ups, pushups, shuttle runs, rope climbs. Azra excelled at them all. Gabriel was so busy watching that his own performance suffered, but for once Coach didn?t call him out in front of the class.

When the hour was up and everyone headed to the showers, Coach pulled Azra aside.

?Are you involved in any sports, son??

?No, sir.?

Realizing Coach was about to make Azra one of the popular kids, Gabriel started to leave the gym.

?Gabriel!? called Azra. ?Wait up for me, okay??

Surprised, Gabriel nodded and leaned against the wall. From this distance he couldn?t hear what they were saying, but Coach gestured with his hands a lot and Azra nodded attentively. The conversation went on for about five minutes before Azra shook his hand and jogged to Gabriel.

?What sport are you going to sign up for?? asked Gabriel, curious.

?I told him I?d think about it.? Azra lowered his head, grinning. ?To tell you the truth, though, I suck at teamwork.?

Gabriel laughed.

Azra winked and straightened, drawing his gaze to his body.

The workout had pumped his muscles, and they pushed at his tank-top, perfectly outlined by the material.

?Did you hear me, Gabriel??

His head snapped up. ?I?m sorry. What??

Azra headed for the locker room. ?I was just saying we should get to the showers. Sorry for holding you up. I wasn?t thinking.?

?It?s alright.? He fell into step beside him. ?I don?t mind.?

In the shower, Gabriel couldn?t help stealing glances at Azra. His pale skin stretched taut over his muscles, and the water that streamed down his body glistened as it seemed to caress him.

Gabriel jumped when he caught himself staring at Azra?s cock. He jerked his head forward and kept his eyes locked on the tile in front of him. Lately, he?d found himself more and more interested in male anatomy.

What was happening to him?

?Gabriel? Can I ask a favor? I know I shouldn?t, but you?re the first person I?ve had a real conversation with today.?

He turned his head, careful not to let his gaze dip. ?Sure. What is it??

Azra swept his soap over his chest, worked it into a rich lather. ?Well, except for P.E., I?ve been late for every one of my classes today. So I was wondering, during lunch... could you maybe show me around??

Gabriel smiled, nodded eagerly.

The tension flowed out of his body and his shoulders relaxed. ?Thanks. This school is like a maze!?

He started to laugh, but his smile vanished when he saw Scott Rice creeping up on Azra. Knowing that Scott liked to lock new students naked in the equipment cage, Gabriel tried to warn his new friend, but his voice stalled inside him as he remembered his own experience in the cage.

Just as Scott was about to grab Azra, his feet flew out from underneath him, and his back slammed into the shower floor.

All the guys in the shower burst into laughter, and Azra glanced over his shoulder briefly before looking at Gabriel again, his face curious.

?Did he slip on a bar of soap or something??

His eyes wide, Gabriel shook his head. ?I?m not sure. He just... dropped.?

Azra shrugged, losing interest immediately. ?Anyway, I was thinking, since you?re being so nice to me today and everything, that maybe you?d like to come over to my place after school? You know, as a thank you.?

Gabriel forgot all about Scott Rice. ?I?d really like?? He stopped short. ?Oh, wait. I can?t. I?m tutoring a friend of mine today.?

Disappointment colored his features. ?That?s alright. I understand. I think I?m just a little creeped out in the new apartment. It?s just me and my stepdad, and he?s away most of the time, so I feel like I live there alone.?

His brow furrowed. ?I know how that is.? Shyness crept over him as he stared up at Azra. ?Maybe we could hang out tomorrow? I don?t have anything planned for Saturday.?

Azra?s sapphire eyes crinkled at the corners. ?That sounds like fun.?

Smiling, Gabriel rinsed himself off.

He?d made a friend today, and he thought Azra meant to stay in his life, no matter the other people he met.

He couldn?t wait to tell Tristan.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; June 29th, 2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: forgot a whole frickin paragraph...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to zim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:24 AM

zim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to zim Send a message via Yahoo to zim
I know where this is heading. Classic storyline. Unless you are a deviant. I expect the unexpected if you are.
  #3   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2006, 08:04 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
A few words about THE writer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim
I know where this is heading. Classic storyline. Unless you are a deviant. I expect the unexpected if you are.
Classic storyline? Perhaps, but in how many different ways can the same storyline be told, and yet it still reads read like fresh?

Deviant? I wouldn't say Rowan's actually a deviant - he just has his own peculiar way on telling us his stories, but he really likes to construct "common sense" situations before he simply wrecks our "expectations" with the sledgemhammer of his powerful writing skills - you sometimes will have to stop and catch your breath, but don't worry - the path on Rowan's tales is always a delightful one.

Well, now a few words to THE writer...
Son of a ... (relax it's not DIRECTLY to you but for Azra , the bastard is approaching Gabriel using very heavy weaponry, he's passing both by a mind and a physical freak - while Tristan also has a very developed intelect, he insistently deprives Gabriel to see this side of him, focusing mostly on his massive muscles and strength keeping the "jock imagery" at all costs, while Azra knows he can actually win some considerable grounds if he not only physically attracts Gabriel, but also he tries to make him feel less "bizarre" by being just as odd as the little guys feels he is...)

Poor Tristan, and he thought he was doing so good.

Hail to the villains, because they really make it look easier.

Excellent chapter buddy.

And don't worry - take your time to juggle with all your stories and deadlines, we'll be waiting here for you... even if the basement gets dark and cold

Take care...
  #4   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2006, 01:43 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
'bout time, lazy

Nah, I'm kiddin. This is definately an 'angel\devil on your shoulders' situation in my book. Great chapter,nuff said.
  #5   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Adam is on a distinguished road
I have to say, Rowan, aside from "Davey's Destiny" this is my favorite of your stories. You've set up a most intriguing situation here.

At the end of Part 4 I largely agreed with Tristan and I found it hard to see how Azra's claim that Gabriel had a darkness in him could have any validity to it, considering his actions. I thought of a few different approaches that Azra could use to get close to Gabriel and I was curious to see what his strategy would be. I anticipated that he might seek to appeal to Gabriel intellectually or physically, but I didn't consider that he might try both. What I REALLY didn't expect was the way he took pains to appear in need of Gabriel's assistance. I believe that was a particularly clever move on Azra's part, since it cries out to the charitable, protective instincts of Gabriel's which he has been unable to act upon for many years. It makes Gabriel feel better about himself and gives a boost to his self-image, wheras Tristan's protection, no matter how welcome, must feel at least a tiny bit emmasculating. So, too, must Tristan's habit of calling Gabriel "little man" and various other semi-derogatory titles. While I'm sure Tristan doesn't mean to be insulting and Gabriel certainly hasn't taken offense, I think it is a definite mistake for Tristan to be verbally emphasizing Gabriel's weakness that way.

This would be a good place to note that while Tristan is the one on the side of angels, he's certainly no angel himself. Aside from what he calls Gabriel, his habit of sleeping around so much he can't remember his first time doesn't speak well of him. On the other hand, I shudder to think what Azra does for fun in his free time. Personally, I must express my hope that Azra will not be redeemed. This is apparently a regular contest between good and evil, and I hate the idea of evil's chosen representative in such a struggle going over to the other side.

Whatever you do, though, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I do look forward to seeing next chapter Tristan's reaction to Gabriel's "good news", considering that the instintive response "Stay away from him!" probably wouldn't go over real well with Gabriel . . .
  #6   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim
I know where this is heading. Classic storyline.
Lots of people seem to know where this story is going. I, unfortunately, have no idea, and no one's giving me any hints!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim
Unless you are a deviant. I expect the unexpected if you are.
uh. Deviant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life
Hail to the villains, because they really make it look easier.
ha! I know. Azra is so smooth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
This is definately an 'angel\devil on your shoulders' situation in my book. Great chapter,nuff said.
It should be fun. Hopefully both Azra and Tristan will be fresh in their competition over Gabriel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
On the other hand, I shudder to think what Azra does for fun in his free time. Personally, I must express my hope that Azra will not be redeemed. This is apparently a regular contest between good and evil, and I hate the idea of evil's chosen representative in such a struggle going over to the other side.
To tell you the truth, every time I write a new chapter, the ending in my head changes. So I don't know what's going to happen any more than anyone else.

I'm glad people are diggin it though.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #7   Add to skipadoo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM

skipadoo is on a distinguished road
Rowan, gotta be honest here. You struck something deep in me. Thanks for writing this!
  #8   Add to onelocolobo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:36 PM

onelocolobo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to onelocolobo
Azra, Azra, Azra. . . I know he's bad but dang, I kinda wanna like him. Amazing though Rowan. I know I shouldn't want to like this guy but you write him so well. Hope good wins but I'm sure evil will put up a good fight! Can't wait to see how this ends just like you! HAHAHA!
  #9   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 18th, 2006, 04:49 PM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
Superb new chapter Rowan!

The stage has been set between Azra and Tristan: so let the games begin!

I can't wait for the rest to spill out of your head, but Ill take it as it comes.
  #10   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
[COLOR=black]I’ve been busy at work and have gotten behind in my reading… [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Things aren’t going quite as I expected… I had expected Tristan want Gabriel to meet him in the weight room to have Gab start lifting… so he could, eventually handle the bullies on his alone… I sort of read Gabriel as wanting to be able to stand on his own and he doesn’t really want to be taken care of by anyone… As Adam points out Tristan always calls Gab half-pint, little man, etc that would rankle me if I were Gab… it’s demeaning… Tristan is treating Gab as a possession that he takes care of, and I think Gab will rebel at that treatment… Driving Gab away from him… [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]That brings us to Azra, another great character… Tristan towers over Gab and Azra chooses to present himself as just a bit taller than Gab and isn’t massive like Tristan just well built and super cut and defined… (My personal choice in builds) Azra is setting himself up as an “equal” to Gab and not the god figure to be worshiped that Tristan has done, possibly with out meaning to do it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]There is a darkness in Gab, in everyone, and Azra is going to prey on that… “Monsters from the Id,” they’ve been called the primitive part of us that remember every slight and unfairness a person ever feels… and wants revenge… and Azra is going to nurture at little mote of darkness in Gab… and turn it against Tristan… Real evil never gets its hands dirty… It finds ways to make evil look like good…[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I hope we’ll see another chapter soon…[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Ender[/COLOR]
  #11   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2006, 01:37 PM
"This is no trick!"

"Evil never gets its hands dirty"

Yep, just look at any ole good guy\bad guy story. Evil guys ALWAYS make bad=good, and good=bad. Good example is Star Wars 1-3, specifically 3.

Hmm...evil doesn't get its hands dirty...No wonder I'm a mean clean lil prick.
  #12   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:11 PM
A Lover of Muscle

Lover_Boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lover_Boy
I Find It....

[COLOR=darkorange]....Remarkable; the similarities between Gabriel and Chris (from redkage's "Inner Demon").[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkorange]- The one major difference is that redkage has yet to manifest a true villain. However, viewing the last chapter, that may have changed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkorange]- Either way, Rowan, great job. You know me and villains. I personally give Azra my stamp of approval. In today's world, villains are as revered as the heroes they antagonize. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkorange]- They've progressed to an over-the-top, larger than life status; a far cry form the mustache-twirling, two dimensional, "Drat, foiled again!" charicature of yesteryear. You've chosen to make your villain more subtle and even seductive. Azra is the kind of guy that knows Gabriel's watching in the locker room, and drops his towel intentionally with a coy little "oops....!". It is this subtlety that makes Azra feel as dangerous as he is without having to have lightning bolts shoot from his eyes.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff8c00]- Bravo, Rowan. You've mastered yet another literary skill by creating a true villain.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff8c00]Ciao,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff8c00]L_B[/COLOR]

"...But, as my plastic surgeon always said, 'If ya gotta go...go with a smile!'" - Jack Nicholson as The Joker
  #13   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2006, 07:13 AM
"This is no trick!"

But remember...

...There can be only one.

If you put too many villians or something you may get a good story but with a lot of unneeded info (like the X-Men comics). Well, we sit here patiently for your next chapters (in each story).

BTW, I agree about Chris and Gabriel.
  #14   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipadoo
Rowan, gotta be honest here. You struck something deep in me. Thanks for writing this!
You're welcome. I'm definitely on an urban fantasy kick, so it was a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelocolobo
Azra, Azra, Azra. . . I know he's bad but dang, I kinda wanna like him.
I do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobdior
Superb new chapter Rowan!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
[COLOR=#000000]There is a darkness in Gab, in everyone, and Azra is going to prey on that… [/COLOR]
Yeah, I tried to show a hint of that by having him wanting to laugh when the jock got his foot slammed by the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
Yep, just look at any ole good guy\bad guy story. Evil guys ALWAYS make bad=good, and good=bad. Good example is Star Wars 1-3, specifically 3.
That's the fun of being a bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover_Boy,TheMM
[COLOR=#ff8c00]....Remarkable; the similarities between Gabriel and Chris (from redkage's "Inner Demon").[/COLOR]
BTW, I agree about Chris and Gabriel.
I've been hearing that a lot lately. I haven't caught up on Inner Demon yet, but I'd hate to step on another writer's toes. So I think I'm going to bow out on Saved. Seems only fair, since RedKage started writing his story first.

But at least I got to have a taste of Azra.

ps-- this has nothing to do with RedKage, so no sending him letters. This has to do with me not being creative. K?

-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; October 21st, 2006 at 11:29 AM.
  #15   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:35 PM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
See what you've done?

After the rightful reply posted by Lover_Boy. I decided to remove my arguments, because this is not the reason why we gathered in this forum. Also, I want to apologize to anyone who might have read the former material, not because I regret anything I said. I still keep my opinions, but just because I realized this was trully an incorrect act of my passionate behavior.

In any case, I promise I won't bring up not a single line about this subject anymore.

Last edited by muscl4life; October 22nd, 2006 at 08:20 AM.
  #16   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2006, 01:46 PM
"This is no trick!"

Whoa nelly! Slow down there! I wasn't doing any of that! I was simply agreeing. In my opinion the only reason they're a bit alike is pure coincidence. Not because one copied the other. (If no one can tell, I'm a very defensive person)
  #17   Add to onelocolobo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:21 PM

onelocolobo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to onelocolobo
Maybe it's just a break

Perhaps Rowan just needs a break. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he loves to write but I know I love my job too. However, I've had four days off in the last eight weeks and I'm burnt out. I need a vacation and perhaps that's how Rowan is feeling. Give Rowan a break. Let him relax and save all your harsh remarks (toward him and others), and all your emails to beg him not to stop, for a little while. Give him a chance to breathe. Have you noticed all the stories and books he's managed to write in the last YEAR!! If you love them so much, and respect Rowan at all, let him breathe. Heck, if you haven't yet, go buy his e-books, read those. Then reread all the stuff he's GIVEN to you in the last year.

Rowan, dude, take a vacation!!! Get some fresh air and sun and step away from that keyboard. We love you're work and we'll be here waiting for you when you decide to post again. Until then, I'm content to enjoy what you've written already, to discover the finer points I may have missed in the mad dash to see how the story ended.
  #18   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 21st, 2006, 03:08 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Rowan, Please Don't Drop "Saved"!!!

Although there are some parallels between "Saved" and "Inner Demon" they are really very different... Chance happernd to bring us two stories with a similar set of characters at the same time. The same parallels can be made with many of the stories here but because they didn't appear at the same time no one thinks any thing about it... the stories have no in common then any of the other stories have to each other...

Personally I find it most interesting to watch two writers working stories in a similar venue... I see no reason to end either story and would like to both continue... Every thing I read tends to get desected and projections made as to the motives of the characters and what they will do in the future... when my projection is wrong I learn more about the characters and the universe they inhabit... I actually wish people would provide me that sort of feedback to the stories I have written... so I can tell that the story I mean to tell is actually being told... Comments of "Oh, That's Great!" are nice to hear but not really useful IMO.

The universes of all of these stories is really unique to the story, although many are closely parallel to our mutually accepted reality...

Again please don't abandon the series... I don't believe any one intended anything negetive in their noting parallel... Please contune the series...

Ender
  #19   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:42 AM
A Lover of Muscle

The End of It....

[COLOR=red][NOTICE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]- I see no further reason to continue a battle of words either.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]- Since muscl4life has shown himself to be a man capable of being the better person, I will follow suit and apologize as well.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]- I do not regret, or retract any of my previous statements, views, or opinions either. Just suffice it to say that, despite what has already occured, i am in total agreement with him.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]- We both feel that this isn't the reason that all of us come here to the Forum, and choose to leave it behind us.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Ciao,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]L_B[/COLOR]

"...But, as my plastic surgeon always said, 'If ya gotta go...go with a smile!'" - Jack Nicholson as The Joker

Last edited by Lover_Boy; October 23rd, 2006 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Retraction
  #20   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:22 PM

Oh... kay

That so did not go like I had planned. Let's try this again.

The fact that I'm not feeling creative is not anyone's fault. I didn't mean to single people/statements out. And I certainly didn't mean to start a flame war.

Things have happened with this story and with another new one that have me thinking I've lost my spark/mojo/inspiration/whatever. Dunno where it went. Dunno if it's coming back. There's nothing there, and it just sorta happened. It was my mistake to take my horrendously bad week and express it poorly in this thread, so I apologize for that. It was also my mistake to kill a story that I very much like, although I honestly can't say if it's coming back.

It really has been a crazy year, and I guess it's finally catching up with me. lol.

I have a feeling that this post will sound pathetically dramatic to me in a week or so. I've been told I'm having a temporary freak out (both in nicer and harsher terms, lol) so maybe onelocolobo is right and I just need to breathe. So, next week, totally disregard both this post and yesterday's.

How does that sound?

I'm such a dork. I never could write from my own point of view. lol.

-The Tick
  #21   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:49 PM
"This is no trick!"

Rowan- I might have a cure for your crappy'ness. PM me and I'll explain a bit more. Well continuing on...

Lover boy- Musc4life wasn't addressing me as you said and everything you said was correct this is a forum and he even told me that he wasn't going to do that again.

To all- Can we leave this behind us now? If a writer quits a story as mentioned, it is mainly because they did so on their own, not because someone told them to. Such as I did with my stories because of college.
  #22   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:37 AM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
This is silly. There are no real similarities whatsoever between Rowan's stories and any others on this site, besides the themes all stories tend to cover on this forum. No ideas have been plagiarised. The comparison with Inner Demon is utterly superficial. Some people seem to live in order to postulate theories on the different stories here; sometimes this is done without regard to the sensitivities of the authors who post them. Rowan is easily one of the most creative authors out there. I hope his natural sense of self-deprecation - and sensitivitiy to criticism - do not obscure the fact that 99% of people look forward in great anticipation to any new chapter of any story he wishes to post.
  #23   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 25th, 2006, 02:10 AM
A Lover of Muscle

Yes....

[COLOR=red]....yobdior, we got it already.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]- muscl4life and i have already agreed to let the issue rest in piece.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]- [/COLOR]

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options