The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Saved - 6

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Six

Gabriel sat cross-legged on Tristan?s favorite workout bench, staring down at a small screen. He frowned.

Too small, really. He knew from reading the specs on this game that the programmers had taken a lot of care with the character detail?facial expressions, clothing, shading?but none of it was visible. The small screen and poor resolution couldn?t do it justice.

He got his character, presumably dressed in carpenter jeans and an elaborate rocker t-shirt, to execute a flying round house kick. The movements were smooth, so that was good. And the controls were easy to reach and manipulate.

Good for him, but problematic for most people, he thought. Gabriel knew his hands were smaller than average for his age, and Lockett Games had stated in the package sent to him that their target demographic was gamers fifteen and older.

He shook his head, made a mental note of the flaws, and played to the next level.

?Watcha got there, small-fry??

Gabriel glanced up, an excited smile forming on his lips. He didn?t even care that the distraction had caused him to let his character fall into a pit of lava. ?A Game Station Portable.?

?For real? A GSP?? Tristan dropped his backpack onto the floor and straddled the bench, sitting behind him. ?I thought those things weren?t coming out until next year.?

The spark of pride Gabriel felt in himself took him off guard. He wasn?t used to the feeling. ?Lockett Games FedExed it to me this morning. I?m beta testing it for them.?

?Nice!? He leaned forward and looked over his shoulder. ?You must be a big-shot over there, huh??

Gabriel?s chest puffed out. ?I know Noah Lockett.?

Tristan turned his head, grinned at him. ?Wow. Good things really do come in small packages.?

He felt a blush rising to his skin and glanced away. ?W-Would you like to try it out?? he asked, holding up the GSP.

?Seriously? Thanks.? Tristan slid his hands along Gabriel?s arms, over his wrists, and gently took the game from him. ?Explain to me how it works.?

Tristan?s body... it surrounded him. Warm. Hard. Strong. For a few seconds he couldn?t think, let alone form a coherent explanation.

?Gabriel,? murmured Tristan. ?Teach me how to play.?

After taking a hard swallow, he told him the rules to the game, which controls did what. When Tristan put his thumb on the wrong button, Gabriel reached up and repositioned it.

?Kinda hard to hold,? grunted Tristan, just barely managing to maneuver his way out of a jagged pit.

?I know. I?m going to say something about that in my report.?

Tristan leaned forward, bringing his head closer to the screen. ?Graphics are shit. I thought this was supposed to be the next great thing??

?All new technology has bugs.? Gabriel nestled back against Tristan?s body, watching him play. ?My job is to identify them, and to suggest solutions.?

?Your job? You get paid??

He nodded, repositioned Tristan?s thumb again. ?Yep.?

?Cool. Do you get to keep the money? Or do your aunt and uncle keep it??

Gabriel watched the cords in Tristan?s forearms jump as he scrambled to recover from an attack. ?I get to keep the money. They?re really nice about it. Especially considering they give me the apartment for free.?

The muscles in Tristan?s chest tensed, pushing Gabriel forward. ?That?s one way to see it, I guess.?

Gabriel craned his neck around to meet Tristan?s gaze. ?Why don?t you like them??

The game in Tristan?s hands made a spectacular series of sounds indicating his character had died, and Gabriel absently made a note to comment about that in his report.

Tristan set the GSP on the bench between Gabriel?s legs. ?Guess I?m just rememberin? that fridge in your apartment, the washer and dryer. They don?t charge you rent, but they don?t pay for anything else, do they??

?No,? Gabriel said softly. ?But that was my decision.?

?If you say so.? He stood, tucked his thumbs into the pockets of his jeans. ?I guess I just think of my family and...? He shrugged. ?You seem a little young to be makin? those kind of decisions, that?s all.?

He didn?t feel young. He hadn?t felt like a kid in a very long time. ?I like being mature for my age.?

Tristan broke into a smile. ?I like that about you too.?

Gabriel felt his skin get warm again.

Chuckling, Tristan leaned down. ?Anybody fuck with you today??

He shook his head. Then, remembering what did happen, he straightened so fast that Tristan jumped back to avoid getting hit by the top of Gabriel?s head. ?Oh! I made a friend!?

The surprise in Tristan?s face softened into a grin. ?Yeah? Anyone I know??

?Maybe. He?s a new student?Azra Keller.?

All emotion drained from the other boy?s expression. ?Azra...? He paused, cleared his throat. ?You made friends with someone named Azra??

Gabriel paused a moment, but his excitement got the better of him and he plunged on. ?You?d like him, Tristan! He?s nice, and funny, and smart.? His voice softened. ?A-And shy. Like me.?

?Nice, huh?? Tristan ran a slow hand through his long black hair. ?And shy??

Some of Gabriel?s excitement faded. ?Do you know him, Tristan??

Tristan stared at him a long moment before a faint smiled crooked his mouth. ?Naw. I must be thinking of someone else.? He crouched in front of Gabriel. ?I want you to promise me something, though.?

Without thinking, Gabriel agreed. ?Alright.?

His smile warmed. ?It isn?t my place to tell you who to be friends with. Just... Just be sure to choose carefully, okay??

?Choose carefully? But...? Gabriel frowned, trying to puzzle that out. ?He likes me.?

?It?s an important choice.? Tristan stood, ruffled Gabriel?s hair. ?You should have more requirements than that.?

An important choice? It seemed dramatic, especially for Tristan, but he nodded. ?I promise to choose carefully.?

?Good deal.? Tristan reached into his pocket, pulled out a rubber band and tied back his hair. ?I?ve gotta get changed. Wait here for me.?

Gabriel?s eyes drifted to Tristan?s arms, which seemed to get bigger every day. ?Tristan??

?Yeah, little man??

He rubbed his own arm through his shirt, the armband Tristan had given him. ?Do you think, if I worked really hard, that maybe I could get... bigger?? Gabriel knew better?he was aware of his genetic limitations?but he thought if Tristan said otherwise he?d believe it. He believed whatever Tristan told him now.

Tristan?s eyebrows lifted, and he looked Gabriel up and down. ?You want it a lot??

?Yes,? he said, trying not to sound embarrassed for admitting it.

He crossed his arms over his chest, making his chest and arms swell, straining his shirt. ?Tell you what. When we go to my house later, I?ll ask my mom to put together a workout plan for you. You already eat healthy, but she might make some changes to your diet as well, to help you gain a little mass. How?s that sound??

Surprised that Tristan would go to so much trouble, Gabriel felt himself awash with gratitude. ?That sounds great!?

Tristan winked at him before heading into the locker room to change. ?Don?t thank me yet. Tomorrow you?ll be workin? out with me, and I work hard.?

Gabriel bounced on the heels of his feet as he watched Tristan leave. Even if he didn?t know how to choose a friend, he counted himself lucky to have this one. And although Tristan had seemed wary of Azra, Gabriel was sure they?d like each other. After all, in his own way, Azra was as fit as Tristan.

An idea formed in his mind, one that made him bounce faster:

Maybe all three of them could workout together!

Tristan stared through the kitchen window, watching Gabriel climb awkwardly into his dad?s truck. It was almost painful to watch him leave.

?Sweetie, if you?re just going to stand there and pine, then just go home with him.?

His mouth crooked as he turned, leaning back against the sink as his mother walked into the kitchen. ?Trust me, if I go home with him now...? He shook his head. ?I?m never coming back.?

Her musical laughter filled the room. ?My oh my. I take it you?re sure he?s the One now??

?Without a doubt.?

Teasing light sparkled in her dark eyes. ?Well, I can?t say I?m disappointed. Since you found him, I?ve never seen you bring home such good grades.?

Tristan snorted and went back to staring out the window. He felt a pang in his chest when he realized the truck was already gone.

Kai Payne leaned on the sink next to him. ?He?s very nice.?

?He is, at that.? Tristan frowned. ?I know he?s on the weak side physically, but I can?t understand why he has so many scars on his body.?

?It?s because he?s so pure.?

He glanced down at his mother. ?Pure? Shouldn?t people love him, then??

She shook her head. ?It?s not that kind of purity. Gabriel isn?t holy; he hasn?t reached enlightenment. He?s pure in the sense that his soul is absolutely clean. It possesses no good, no evil.? Her brow furrowed. ?Human beings pick up on it, although most of the time they have no idea what it is. They?re hard on Gabriel because, subconsciously, they can?t tell where his loyalties lie. And so they attack.?

?But you like him, don?t you??

?Because I see his potential through you.?

His fists clenched. ?I don?t get that! I?ve never known anyone with such a gentle heart!?

Kai?s voice softened. ? ?Gentle? does not always mean ?good,? Tristan. That?s why you were born?to guide him, to change the nature of his soul.?

Tristan wasn?t sure how he felt about that. He was supposed to, in effect, taint Gabriel?s soul. ?I don?t tell him what to do.? His jaw hardened with determination. ?And I don?t plan to, either. He makes pretty good decisions on his own.?

His mother laughed again. Tristan was familiar enough with her tones to know it was at his expense.

He straightened. ?What??

?Tristan...? She smiled up at him. ?You?ve been ordering that boy around from the moment you met him.?

?Hey,? he said defensively. ?That doesn?t count. I?ve just told him when to meet me, or to put on his medicine, or to touch me when he already wants it. It?s for...? His voice trailed when he realized when he was about to say.

But his mother was too smart for that.

?For his own good?? she finished for him.

He growled, glanced away. ?I don?t see anything wrong with it.?

?There isn?t anything wrong with it,? said Kai, clearly amused. ?That?s the relationship between the One and his chosen.?

The irritation seeped from Tristan?s body. ?Do you think he?ll choose me??

?Of course. Who could possibly compare to you??

Azra.

Tristan hadn?t told his mother about the other guardian?s return, because his first encounter with Azra had left him in uncontrollable tears for days. He didn?t want her to know they were going to the same school now, not until he was sure he could take care of himself.

But still... A big chunk of this afternoon had been filled with Gabriel talking about ?Azra this? and ?Azra that.? Within seconds, Tristan had wanted to smash something. And that was the kicker.

Tristan couldn?t blow his top, because then he?d look like the bad guy.

The most common piece of praise was ?Azra is so nice,? and that one sank its teeth into insecurities he hadn?t even known he had.

?Mom...? He folded his arms over his chest. ?I think I?m a little rough with Gabriel.?

She ducked her head, caught his gaze. ?Does he enjoy it??

His eyes widened briefly?he was more than a little disturbed that his mother could even ask a question like that without the faintest blush. ?I-I don?t know.? He thought about how Gabriel looked at him, every time they were together. ?I guess??

?Nothing to worry about, then.? She moved away from the sink, stood in front of him as she leveled him with an appraising look. ?How much weight have you gained in the last week??

He shrugged. ?Ten or fifteen pounds, probably.?

?You?re taller, too.? Concern etched her features. ?Tristan, you?re working yourself too hard. It?s not healthy to put on so much size in such a short time.?

Azra?s laughter echoed in his mind. ?I feel fine.?

?I?ll be the judge of that. Take a seat at the table while I go get my bag.?

He straightened, growing defensive again. ?Aw, Mom!?

?Don?t ?aw, Mom? me.? She snapped her fingers and pointed to a chair. ?Sit.?

Knowing better than to argue, Tristan made a show of sighing before taking a seat.

His mother left the kitchen, returned a few minutes later with her doctor?s bag. With practiced efficiency, she began to take his temperature, his blood pressure, his other vital stats.

Tristan found his mind wandering to Gabriel again. ?Mom, tell me that story.?

?What story?? she asked, that teasing note threading into her voice.

?You know which one.?

She smiled as her fingers pressed along the sides of his neck. ?Once every generation, a pure human being is born with the potential to change the world. Sometimes it?s in the field of medicine, sometimes it?s technology, sometimes it?s even art.? She checked his ears. ?Through his talent, this person can affect the way people think, the way they feel, the way they live their lives. He is the One.?

Kai put on her stethoscope and listened to his heart, his breathing. ?Once every generation, two guardians are born?a being of darkness, a being of light?who will vie for the One?s choice. Obtaining the choice will become the focus of their lives, for he who holds sway over the One will influence the course of history.?

When Tristan was little, he used to think this was just a bedtime story. Now, he was starting to feel the pressure put on him by his destiny.

Finished with her examination, Kai returned her equipment to her bag and continued the story. ?The guardians are born with equal power. They possess great magic, and a powerful spirit animal. They will love, they will hate, they will battle.? Kai reached up, smoothed her hand over Tristan?s hair. ?Once the choice is made, the scales of power will tip, and one guardian will die.?

An involuntary shudder went through him. ?How come my spirit animal hasn?t shown itself yet??

Her hand fell away. ?I don?t know. Maybe... Maybe you?re not strong enough to handle it. Which can actually be a good sign. An indicator of just how powerful it is.?

But Azra had been able to control his since third grade, maybe even before that. And Tristan knew that he was way behind when it came to mastery of his powers. ?I want to try the sweat-lodge thing again.?

Kai frowned. ?Tristan, that almost killed you last time.?

?I don?t care. I need to get whatever the hell it is to show itself.?

?Listen to me.? His mother leaned forward, cupped his face in her gentle hands. ?Don?t worry about how strong you are, how you wield your magic, about when your spirit animal will appear. Just be with Gabriel, let him see that you?re the right choice.?

?But what if??

?Shh. Remember what your grandfather said. The winning, the losing: none of that?s important. In this, as with all things, it is the love that will save you.?

Was he ready for love? With Gabriel, he was beginning to think so. ?Okay.?

Smiling, Kai squeezed his cheeks and settled back in her chair. ?Now, speaking of love, how is your sex drive??

His eyes rounded. ?Mom!?

?What?? she asked innocently. ?My son has the libido of roughly two hundred teenaged boys. It would be irresponsible of me not to monitor it.?

Tristan didn?t often blush, but he felt himself turning scarlet. ?I?m not hearing this.?

Her eyes crinkled at the corners in amusement, but she didn?t take mercy on him. ?If it makes you feel better, think of me as your doctor, nothing more.?

?Nice try,? he muttered, scowling at her, ?but all I can see is my mom.?

?Then that?s your issue, and you have to work past it.?

Realizing she wasn?t going to stop until she got an answer, Tristan reluctantly told her. ?It?s... intense.?

Kai nodded sympathetically. ?And how have you been relieving the discomfort??

Tristan groaned.

His mother? Dr. Payne, right now she?s Dr. Payne ?leaned forward. ?Have you been tending to it the usual way??

?No.? Tristan forced himself to speak quickly. ?Since Gabriel and I have started hanging out, I haven?t wanted anyone else.?

?So you haven?t??

?No, Mom!? he shouted, willing to do anything to keep her from saying it. ?I haven?t fucked anyone!?

She raised her finger. ?You know how I feel about that kind of language.?

He snapped his mouth shut.

Kai folded her hands in her lap. A prim pose, considering the subject matter. ?Gabriel isn?t mature enough to relieve your tension?neither emotionally nor physically.?

All at once, he was aware of a renewed ache in his body. ?I know.?

?Normally, I would be thrilled to hear of a boy your age deciding to abstain from sex, but celibacy could actually cause you physical damage.?

He knew what was coming, and Tristan stifled another groan.

Amazingly, Kai seemed content to leave it at that. She stood, patted his shoulder. ?I?ll be sure to tell your father to ignore any strange sounds coming from the bathroom or your bedroom.?

Sometimes, there were definite disadvantages to having such an open-minded mother.

?Alright, no more torturing my only child.? Kai dropped a kiss on his forehead and began to leave the kitchen.

For the first time, Tristan realized how hard this must be for his mother. He shot to his feet. ?Mom??

She turned. ?Yes, sweetie??

?Do you...? He swallowed hard. ?Do you care that Gabriel?s a guy??

Her face softened. ?He is the one you were meant to save, to protect, to love. In the face of destiny, that?s all that matters.?

Relieved, he broke into a smile. ?He?s really cute, isn?t he??

?Omigod!? she exclaimed, pressing her hand to her breasts. ?I?ve never seen a more adorable boy in my life!?

Tristan burst into laughter. ?Thanks, Mom. You?re great, you know that??

She winked at him. ?Oh, I knew that long before you were born.?

As his mother left the kitchen, he thought about Gabriel, whose family tried to pretend he was invisible; Azra, who didn?t even mourn the loss of his parents.

And realized just how blessed he was.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; June 29th, 2007 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:37 PM

Okay, so I found myself sorely missing the characters from this story, and it's my birthday, so I figured I could do what I wanted.

First five chapters can be found:

http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4987
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5011
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5057
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5102
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5207

Hope you like it.

-- Rowan

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #3   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:05 PM

redkage is on a distinguished road
Happy Birthday, but we're the ones getting the gifts I see. 3 stories in one night, including a new one! Nice to see one of the mysteries to this story solved.
  #4   Add to Braun1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2007, 05:10 AM

Braun1
Send a message via ICQ to Braun1 Send a message via Yahoo to Braun1
Man, oh Man, what a wonderful Birthday Present for us

Have a wonderful day and the best for the New Year.

Vote for Rowan!!!!!!

aka Braun1
  #5   Add to mlbjock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:22 AM

mlbjock
Send a message via AIM to mlbjock Send a message via Yahoo to mlbjock
Happy Birthday, Rowan!!!
  #6   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:29 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
Okay... People always say that latin-americans tend to be overwhelmed by their emotions - I used to think I was a "honorable exception" but (un)fortunately (or not) I've showed a lot of my boiling temper in this vey forum. However, I really felt very good for being so emotional and impulsive sometimes, especially when I saw these new postings from he-who-doesn't-like-when-I-add-THE-before-his-name. It's easy to put everything behind when the contagious energy imbued in his stories once again spread over our minds, right then we start pondering a variety of scenarios, we try to guess what is happening next, we fear for the victory of another charming villain, and we finally "can barely wait for the next chapter".

This is "Rowan syndrome" - and I'm proud to be a vessel for this contagious "virus".

I wish you "happy birthday" but that may seem little, compared to the wonderful gifts you decided to give us. Three different stories, with equal grandeur.

I don't need to tell how excited I am for seeing the comeback of my guys from "Saved". The time it takes for the next chapter must be long and hard to wait, but at least we have hope it'll come again. Thanks for getting back to this story sweetie. You know how much and why I love that story, so once again thank you.

I feel that these stories can be considered "aniticipated" or "delayed" birthday gifts for all of us, your readers, and we are very honored to share this great stories with you.

So, for all the guys who feel the same way I do - don't forget to VOTE FOR ROWAN! I am sure you'll find the link somwhere else in the forum.

Once again, congratulations Rowan and good luck with everything you try this year.

Cheers
  #7   Add to Kit Werecat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM

Kit Werecat is on a distinguished road
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Rowan.. And thank you for the wonderful story.
  #8   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:49 AM

jsmith2300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jsmith2300
Woah! Happy Birthday to us all! Yes! It's always nice when the birthday boy shares his toys with his friends.

Thanks, Rowan. Another great addition to the growing "Saved" collection. I hope we can see more soon!

--JSmith

Favorite Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Smiling, Kai squeezed his cheeks and settled back in her chair. ?Now, speaking of love, how is your sex drive??

His eyes rounded. ?Mom!?

?What?? she asked innocently. ?My son has the libido of roughly two hundred teenaged boys. It would be irresponsible of me not to monitor it.?

Tristan didn?t often blush, but he felt himself turning scarlet. ?I?m not hearing this.?

Her eyes crinkled at the corners in amusement, but she didn?t take mercy on him. ?If it makes you feel better, think of me as your doctor, nothing more.?

?Nice try,? he muttered, scowling at her, ?but all I can see is my mom.?
  #9   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Cool a new Saved!!!

Well all knew Gabriel deep down wants to be bigger and more muscular but he never really admitting it to himself or anyone else...

Now suddenly after meeting Azra, Gabriel announces he wants to put on some muscle... Since they seem to have spent the afternoon together between part 5 and 6, I suspect Gabiel has already shared that he would like to be more muscular with Azra and Azra too has offered to help too. And Azra will be willing offer means to that goal which Tristan can't (at least for now.) I bet Azra calls Gabriel "Gab" in private to re-enforce the feeling of intimacy Azra wants with Gabriel... Azra has set himself up to be more available and less intimidating than Tristan is and so far Grabriel is buying it...

Tristin is finally starting to respect Gabriel but he still has a long ways to go. Tristan thinks he's being affectionate calling Gabriel "small fry" and "little man" and trying to be Gabriel's protector but. to Gabriel, Tristan is reminding him of just how inadequate Gabriel believes himself to be. Despite that Gabriel does sense that Tristan means well... So Gabriel keeps Tristan in his life... Azra is going to show/give Grabriel how to stand on his own and that will soon drive a wedge between Tristan and Gabriel.

I think Tristan's mom, Kai, is right Gabriel brings a lot of grief on himself by being honest. Most people don't really want to hear the truth. (Studies show that to be a "sucessful leader" you need to be a convicing lair.) Telling the wrong person the truth at the wrong time can get you beaten up or worse, especially if you appear to be an easy mark like Gabriel.

The coming "sweat lodge" and Tristan finds his "spirit guide/animal" chapters should be fun.

Ender
  #10   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Yay, part 6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbjock
Happy Birthday, Rowan!!!
Yes it was, but I think we might have all forgotten one birthday.

No it's not mine!

WE all forgot about Flexodus' birthday, I mean he's even a New Years baby.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #11   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Say I was thinking about "Tristan's favorite story" that his mom relates to us in its entirity for the first time... and I was thinking does the quest for Gabriel really have to turn into "ThunderDome... Two men enter... One man leaves..."

Neither Light and Dark, Good and Bad, etc can exist with out it's counterpart... all of them are only fully realized when they are in balance... and it's all relative... Like Rowan said in Project 42... "nobody thinks that they are the bad guys..."

I bought in on the idea of Azra being totally evil but I'm starting to think that what would benifit Gabriel th most is a combination of both Tristan and Azra...

Gabriel isn't used to people taking an interest in him... He's diferrent and if you want to be popular the last thing you want is to be different... So Gabriel is a bit confused but it won't take long for him to realize Azra and Tristan both want something... it which point it won't be a matter of Azra vs Tristan any more... It will the triangle of Tristan, Azra, and Gabriel as equals looking for balance...

Ender
  #12   Add to gettingbigger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2007, 10:12 PM

gettingbigger is on a distinguished road
YAY!!! Saved is continued. I'm very excited. One of my favorite stories I've ever read here. Or anywhere actually. Here's hoping it continues soon!!
  #13   Add to TemptationIV's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM

TemptationIV is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to TemptationIV
artwork

Rowan,
At one point you posted artwork of what you think your characters would look like in cartoon/manga form. I specifically remember Tristan and Azra being in this art work, yet I cannot find it anywhere. Could you repost it, if it's not too much to ask?

EDIT: Nevermind - just found it by looking in the artwork section of the forum... I'm the idiot that didn't even think to look there.

Last edited by TemptationIV; January 19th, 2007 at 06:30 PM.
  #14   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 21st, 2007, 03:27 PM

Adam is on a distinguished road
First, please allow me to offer a belated "Happy Birthday!". I hope you had a fantastic time. Thanks a million for your new posts, epspecially this one! Once more your writing is pure gold! Tristan's "Aw, Mom!" and "Mom!" were perfectly true to life.

I sympthize with Tristant's confusion over his mother's assertion that Gabriel's soul possesses no good and no evil. To me that doesn't seem pure, it seems empty, and impossible for a boy as old as Gabriel. Then, too, while gentle may not always mean good I certainly though it did in Gabriel's case.

In this installment we saw Gabriel admit to how badly he wants to get bigger and stronger. We also saw Tristan use three demeaning nicknames for his friend in about five minutes: "small fry", "small package" and "little man". I believe Tristan is right to be concerned that he is too rough on Gabriel, and in her rush to reassure her son, I think his Mom has misdirected him. Like Ender I remain 100% convinced that this is what Azra will use to drive a wedge between Gabriel and Tristan. While Gabe may not resent Tristan's good-natured insults now, I would wager the time is coming when he will, especially if Azra truly can enhance Gabe's physical development.

I do wholeheartedly disagree with Ender, however, regarding his doubts about the outcome. First, Light can exist without Darkness; it simply cannot happen in this world. Second, it isn't "all relative". There is absolute Good and absolute Evil. Yes, no one ever believes they are the "bad guys", but that's because of ego and a refusal to face an unpleasant reality. Hitler and his cronies, for example, were sure as hell the bad guys, though they went to their deaths denying it. Third, neither Tristan nor Azra are Good or Evil personified; they are merely champions of their respective camps, and champions of good and evil die all the time. Such is invitable in war, and in a battle of this importance and magnitude, it is only natural that the loser would be slain.

Anyway, another terrific job, Rowan. Thanks again!
  #15   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Off Topic:
You really need the polar opposites to give a meaning to either pole. Light is electromagnetic waves in space and dark is the absence of those waves... so darkness can exist with out light but without light the concept of dark is meaningless. Likewise it is only possibe to determine whether some thing is good or evil when it is to compare it with something else.... all points on a line are at its center because at any point you chose there are an equal nunber of points on either side. Similarly any act (good or evil) chose it is possible to define an act that is more good or evil to than the one you select... In math terms, "For any N there exists N+1 which is greater than N and N-1 which is less than N.

Back on Topic:
Actually I agree with you that neither Azra or Tristan are 100% good or evil. But the ritual they are playing out is based on the presumation that they are pure good and evil... and that will result in the desturction one champion when the other champion is selected be the chosen one... and that is what would make the "redemption" of Azra a possibility...

So far we have been seeing the story unfold through the eyes of Tristan and a bit from Gabriel's POV, we haven't really had a look inside Azra's head... We really don't have a clear picture of how either Gabriel and Azra got to be where they are now, other that some how Gabriel rescued Tristan and that Azra had some part in Tristan's needing to be rescued. Why would a younger, and now much smaller Gabriel need to rescue the older and now huge Tristan. Did something happen to Grabriel in the rescue? Is that why Tristan remember their first meeting and Gabriel appears not to remember. Did Gabriel use to be big for his age? There is some text that hints at some thing having happen to Gabriel... "Azra smiled: warm, intent. 'Thanks, Gabriel. You’re saving my life here.'He (Gabriel) hadn’t been able to ‘save’ anyone in years." Did Gabriel get in the way of a spell that Azra intended for Tristan??? Some thing that wouldn't kill him but would make him unable to affectively fill his roll as champion...

"It's been hinted that Azra had a hand in the lost of his parents and the way of Gabriels living arrangement and his relationship with his cousins and Aunt and Uncle...

About the pictures of Azra and Tristan... They look a lot alike which makes sense... It would be logical for them to be in some way related... that and they are suppose to be "equals"... from the text I got the impression that Tristan (with coaching from his mom) retained and is proud of his Navajo heritage but that Azra has pretty much abandoned his roots... (To me at least for them to both be decended from the same tribe seems reasonable) At some point I would guess that Tristan and Azra were friends... that ended when it was revealed the they were the two champions,

Based on the text I had invisioned Tristan to be a lot bigger, thicker and massive than the image in Tristan 2 suggests... with the expection of native American bobbles he's wearing the picture seen a better match to Azra as he is persenting himself to Gabriel... not big but cut to the extreme per Gabriel's discription "Azra was nowhere near as broad and thick as Tristan, he was cut. Deep crevices were carved into his body, marking his pectoral muscles, his biceps, his abdominals, obliques, delts, forearms." (Seconded by Azra's remake... " the "my step dad is a personal trainer... I look like a freak")

I guess that's enough babbaling for now.

Ender
  #16   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 28th, 2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redkage
Happy Birthday, but we're the ones getting the gifts I see. 3 stories in one night, including a new one! Nice to see one of the mysteries to this story solved.
Thanks. I was looking forward to telling the story of the Guardians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun1
Man, oh Man, what a wonderful Birthday Present for us

Have a wonderful day and the best for the New Year.

Vote for Rowan!!!!!!
I just finished writing a novel, currently reading one I'm very much enjoying. New Year's off to a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbjock
Happy Birthday, Rowan!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life
This is "Rowan syndrome" - and I'm proud to be a vessel for this contagious "virus".
First I'm a drug and now I'm a virus? Ah, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Werecat
Happy Birthday, Rowan.. And thank you for the wonderful story.
Thank you for reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith2300
Another great addition to the growing "Saved" collection. I hope we can see more soon!
I hope so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
Tristin is finally starting to respect Gabriel but he still has a long ways to go.
I think Tristan actually has a lot of respect for Gabriel. Especially in the sense that Tristan thinks Gabriel can make his own decisions where the fate of the world are concerned.

Quote:
Say I was thinking about "Tristan's favorite story" that his mom relates to us in its entirity for the first time... and I was thinking does the quest for Gabriel really have to turn into "ThunderDome... Two men enter... One man leaves..."
Wasn't planning on a ThunderDome situation, but now that you mention it... {sticks that idea in back of head}

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingbigger
YAY!!! Saved is continued. I'm very excited. One of my favorite stories I've ever read here. Or anywhere actually.
Hey, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Thanks a million for your new posts, epspecially this one! Once more your writing is pure gold! Tristan's "Aw, Mom!" and "Mom!" were perfectly true to life.
That scene was so much fun to write! You have no idea!

Quote:
Did something happen to Grabriel in the rescue? Is that why Tristan remember their first meeting and Gabriel appears not to remember.
Tristan so easily recognized Gabriel because Gabriel looks just about the same as he did in 3rd grade, while *Tristan* as undergone a massive transformation in the intervening years.

That's my take on it, at least. lol

I'm glad you guys liked this installment of my newly resurrected story. Hopefully there will be more soon.

-- Rowan

-The Tick
  #17   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:39 AM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
I'm really loving this birthday bonanza business! Do you think, maybe, you could have a few more birthdays? Like one a month maybe

I'm loving this story. Gabriel's so sweet and Tristan's such a sap for him. But we all know how seductive the dark side can be... and Azra is gonna be one tough nut to crack I bet!

Can't wait for more, when you find the time.

#18   Add to ron james's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM

ron james is on a distinguished road
saved

Hi there everyone, I'm a newly signed up member.
A very old bi who gets a kick out of Rowans stories. Love Jasians toy and saved. Only hope he gets on with them rapidly.

I'm English but I have been living in France for the last 32 ys. Go back to Blighty now and again, but seems to be a foreign country to me now. Hope that there are some brits in this group.

Best regards to all

Ron James
  #19   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:23 PM

lol. Is it "Let's Read Saved" day or something? If so, nobody told me!

Hi, Ron! Welcome to Evolution.

-The Tick

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options