The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:58 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Saved - 7

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Seven

“You’ve been quiet today, Gabriel. How are you doing?”

“Fine,” he said softly, looking up at Mr. Sanchez. He was always a little nervous about these weekly meetings with the school guidance counselor—none of the other students seemed to have them. Was he really so different?

Smiling gently, Mr. Sanchez leaned forward on his desk. “Have you had any luck with making friends here?”

Gabriel straightened, lighting up. “Yes! Tristan Payne and Azra Keller.”

“Azra Keller?” His eyes crinkled at the corners. “The new student, yes?”

He nodded. “He’s so cool. Smart and funny and really athletic. He’s a lot like Tristan.” Gabriel’s brow furrowed. “Except... different.”

Mr. Sanchez tilted his head to the side. “Different?”

“I can’t put my finger on it.” Gabriel remembered Tristan’s reaction to hearing about Azra. “Mr. Sanchez? What are the criteria in choosing a good friend?”

“Criteria?” He cleared his throat, obviously taken off-guard by the question. “Difficult to say, Gabriel. Like interests can make things easier, but they’re not necessarily vital if you connect and can find common ground. When I choose a friend, I look for someone who makes me happy, and someone I can trust. Shared values are important.”

“Shared values?”

The counselor paused a moment. “What do you value, Gabriel?”

No one had ever asked him that before. It surprised him to discover he didn’t have an answer. “I... I never really thought about it, sir.”

“Oh, I find that hard to believe. What’s important to you?”

Once again drawing a blank, Gabriel stared down at the table. “I...” He thought about how he finally had someone to play video games with, how he now had someone to sit next to in history, and he lifted his head. “Tristan and Azra. They’re important to me.”

Mr. Sanchez raised an eyebrow, but it wasn’t the expression of a teacher about to chide his student. “So you value friendship.”

His breath caught—he didn’t know why. “Yes.”

The counselor grinned. “I’d say that’s an excellent value to have.”

Gabriel relaxed in his chair. “Really?”

“Really.” Mr. Sanchez straightened, shuffling the papers on his desk into a neat pile. “That’s our time for today. I want you to think more about your other values and make a list for next week.”

Uneasy, Gabriel rose to his feet. He wasn’t sure if he had other values. “I’ll try.”

“And Gabriel?”

He picked up his bag and swung it over his shoulder. “Yes, sir?”

“If you want, I can talk to your uncle again. About early admission to college.”

Gabriel stopped short. “Ah...Well...”

Mr. Sanchez smiled again. “Little harder to leave, right? Now that you have friends.”

A hot blush rose to his skin.

Chuckling, Mr. Sanchez waved him on. “Go have fun, Gabriel. I’ll see you next week.”

Still blushing, Gabriel left the office. Next period was U.S. History. He’d get to sit next to Azra.

Someone he valued.

“I’m tellin’ you, we should wail on that twerp.”

“I dunno, Rick. Word’s out that Gabriel has serious protection now.”

Azra paused, bag lunch in hand. Gabriel?

“That’s exactly why we should do it,” said Rick, the first voice. “We can’t let what happened to our bud slide, can we?”

“But—”

“Between the four of us, we’ll be fine!”

Arching an eyebrow, Azra turned to see the source of the conversation. Three blond boys with a brunette in the lead. None of them looked particularly strong. Interesting.

The brunette’s gaze shot to him. “What are you lookin’ at?”

Azra smiled, approached the group. “Sorry, new here.” He set his paper bag on the table. “Was trying to find a place to sit when I thought I heard you call my name.”

Rick—the brunette—snorted. “Why the hell would we say your name?”

So much bravado. Perhaps he believed there was strength in numbers. A fallacy, when they were all so weak. “My mistake.” He traced a pattern on the tabletop, slid his fingers up the surface. “At any rate, I’m Azra.” He held out his hand. “Nice to meet you.”

Rick grunted and slapped his hand. “Get outta my face.”

“Sure.” Azra’s smile didn’t waver as he retrieved his lunch and left the table. “Catch you later.”

When Azra hit the center of the cafeteria, a familiar energy tickled his senses. He let his gaze drift to Tristan, the only one with a hope of giving him any sort of challenge. Not surprisingly, Tristan had spotted him as well, so he went on over to have a little fun. “Hey.”

Tristan scowled at him from his chair. “What do you want?”

Azra glanced around the empty table. “Thought I could have a seat, since you’re obviously lonely.”

“I’m not lonely,” he all but growled. “Gabriel gets nervous around the team, so I’m holding this spot so we can have lunch together.”

Azra chuckled. Tristan’s plans were so simple. Too bad they were also effective. “The angel’s not coming to lunch today. He’s helping out a teacher with some calculations.”

Untrusting, Tristan frowned. “How would you know that?”

“He told me. We’re friends, remember?”

A snarl let loose from the Navajo as he shot to his feet. “Whatever. I’m going back to the team, then.”

Azra caught the other man’s wrist. “Let’s be friends, too.”

What?”

“Think about it—you and me, hanging out, eating pizza together, having sleepovers. Doesn’t that sound like fun?”

“Oh,” said Tristan, pulling his hand free, “hell no.”

“It’ll make Gabriel happy. I guarantee that.”

Azra savored that delicious moment of hesitation, though the answer was predictable enough.

“No way. I have to save Gabriel. Even from himself, if it comes to that.”

This game was turning out to be more fun than he’d anticipated. “I’m not saying we’d be real friends. We’d put on a good act, is all.”

“Why do you want this?” Tristan lowered his head, his voice dropping. “What the fuck are you playing?”

Azra shrugged. “It doesn’t matter to me one way or the other. If we’re friends, Gabriel’s happy. If we’re not...” He palmed his own chest, forcing his breath to hitch. “Oh, Gabriel. I don’t know why Tristan doesn’t like me. I tried to get on his good side at lunch, really I did.”

Tristan’s lips parted, indicating the exact moment he saw the trap that had snared him. “Sonovabitch.”

“I win, either way.”

“Fuck you.” Tristan spun on his heel. “I’m out of here.”

“At least stay for the show.”

Stopping short, Tristan glanced over his shoulder. “What show?”

A smile played on Azra’s lips as he took a seat at the table. “What can you tell me about those guys over there? Brunette’s named Rick.”

“Rick Wall. He and his friends are two-bit bullies—they’re a little lost now that Eddie Bryant is afraid to be in the same room with me.” Tristan shoved his hands into his pockets. “Why?”

Eddie Bryant? Oh, this was going to be satisfying. “Watch.”

“Tell me.”

“Just watch.”

Tristan rolled his eyes and strode to his team’s table.

“Fine,” said Azra, under his breath. “You’ll be back.”

Azra calmly unpacked his lunch. It was similar to the things Gabriel made for himself, but hey, the angel had good taste. As he unwrapped his turkey on rye, he glanced up at the clock.

The little diversion with Tristan had burned, what, five minutes? So probably in another five...

He took a bite from his sandwich and turned around in his chair, using the table as a backrest.

Five minutes. Then ten. If things didn’t start soon, lunch would be over and he’d miss the good part.

Fifteen minutes—

“What the fuck!”

Azra grinned and took a sip of orange juice as Rick Wall leapt from his chair and appeared to beat the hell out of himself.

About time.

Rick’s friends jumped up, tried to get him to settle down. Rick frantically hit at his chest and his stomach and even his crotch. Yelling, he tore off his jacket and flung it to the floor, stomping on it even as he slapped his neck and arms.

A girl screamed. Probably at the dark, thumb-sized insects clinging to Rick’s white shirt.

Rick broke into a run, sprinting out of the cafeteria and screaming in a pitch almost as high as that girl’s.

Chuckling, Azra set his juice aside.

“What the hell did you do?”

“Told you there’d be a show.”

“I’m serious, Azra.”

Christ, didn’t Tristan ever lighten up? Sure, they were locked in a battle to the death, but having Rick dance like that had been pure entertainment. Now that the nameless girl had stopped screaming, even the humans were laughing. “Didn’t you sense the spell I’d cast earlier?”

Silence. His so-called rival really didn’t know anything.

Azra sighed. “I drew a set of runes on the tabletop, and when Rick slapped my hand, the summoning spell fused with him.”

“What did you summon?”

“Cockroaches.” He tilted his head back to meet Tristan’s dark gaze. “A swarm of cockroaches.”

Tristan’s tanned skin went pale.

Azra’s brow furrowed thoughtfully. “Took a damned long time to reach critical mass, though. I’d figured on ten minutes, tops.” His face cleared. “I suppose I should be comforted by the evidence that this cafeteria is unusually clean.”

Tristan curled his hands into fists. “Why’d you do it?”

The sound of Rick’s screaming had already faded. Azra felt a pang of boredom. “To teach him.”

“Teach him what?”

“That hurting Gabriel is detrimental to his health. From now on, every time he thinks of doing it, those cockroaches will be right back on him. One or two is no big deal, but a swarm of those things can really tear a person up.”

“Fucking idiot.”

Azra shot him a dark look.

Tristan sat across from him. “You risk the world seeing your powers, and for what? How’s Rick supposed to learn this ‘lesson’ if you never explain it to him?”

His humor returned. “Aversion therapy. Sooner or later, he’ll make the connection on his own. Personally, I hope it’s later, but I doubt it.” Azra blew out a long breath as he looked around. “I was hoping to make him my bitch, but he’s not going to be any fun.”

“You’re sadistic.”

Azra clucked his tongue. “Hey, that’s not fair. You’ve got Eddie. I want one too.” His mood darkened when he remembered the scars he’d seen on Gabriel’s body in the shower. “That was a good choice, but someone else has been abusing Gabriel as well.”

“Someone else?” whispered Tristan. “Who?”

The protectiveness in that tone—now that was one thing they had in common. “Not 100% certain yet. When I am, though, I’m going to own him. Body and soul.”

For the first time since they’d met, Tristan said something unexpected. “You promise?”

Azra’s mouth crooked. “Oh, I promise.” He forced himself to shake off his bloodlust for now. “So, who’s good to fuck around here?”

The first few words were just a sputter of syllables, but soon enough Tristan was coherent again. “What kind of question is that?”

“A simple one. I imagine you’ve slept with most of the school by now.” Azra studied the cheerleaders, the athletes, the wannabe models. “Tell me, which of these students have the best stamina?”

“You know jack-shit about me,” he gritted out. “The only one I want is Gabriel.”

“I feel the same way, but Gabriel’s not ready, and I’ve got needs just like you. In fact,” he turned, letting his gaze rove over Tristan’s ever thickening body, “I could relieve some of that tension you’re carrying. How about it?”

Shock made his eyes go wide, before a sneer twisted that lush mouth. “Like I’d ever let a slimy snake like you lay a hand on me.”

“Think before you speak, Tristan.” Azra reached into his lunch bag, pulled out an apple and buffed it on his chest. “My stamina’s every bit as strong as yours. You’d be satisfied for the first time in your life.”

Tristan’s gaze dipped to Azra’s lips.

Ah, sweet temptation. Slowly, deliberately, Azra drew the apple to his mouth and took a teasing bite.

In a flash of movement, Tristan was on his feet and storming off.

Oh yes, he’d been away far too long. This was much more fun than being locked away, learning to manipulate magic day in and day out.

Azra took another bite of his apple, wondering if Gabriel tasted as sweet.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; October 21st, 2008 at 12:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Rowan For This Useful Post:
sarnaq (July 1st, 2013)
  #2   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:00 PM

I know, I know. I said I?d only be continuing Jascian and Davey. But I?ve been sick with the flu this week and I sorely missed Azra. I?m not sure *why* I missed Azra?he doesn?t seem like someone you should be wanting close when you?re sick. Charlie or Gavin or Justin are probably the go-to guys when you?re in such a state. But no, it was Azra. And, yes, he did make me feel better.

I?m going to try to set a goal for a new Jascian by July 27th. That?s the release date for my muscle theft short story, Just Wait, so I?m thinking that?ll be a good way to party. So yeah, hmm, I should get to figuring out how I want to start that chapter.

In the meantime, lemme know what you thought of this one.

? Rowan

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #3   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
I actually got to post first on a story by Rowan!

Sorry you been sick Rowan, it stinks don't it?

Well, you certainly showed the pure 'not very nice at all'-ness of Azra. Hmm, really don't know what to say about this chapter except..........Nah I won't say it, it might make some people mad if I did.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #4   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM

redkage is on a distinguished road
first comment space is mine, mwhahahaha!

.....just give me a few minutes to read it first.

Correction....second first post. Ah well, close enough. I'm kinda interested to see the side of Azra that wishes to protect Gabriel, as well as how Tristan was all for Azra getting whoever hurt the poor little guy. In a way, they represent the esscense of Ying Yang, one good and evil, but not completely pure in their respective elements.

Anyways, sorry to hear ya sick and everything. If it makes you feel any better, maybe you wanted Azra cuz you felt the need for a bad boy?

Last edited by redkage; June 29th, 2007 at 04:30 PM.
  #5   Add to IndigoSensor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:47 PM
A science geek all around

IndigoSensor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to IndigoSensor
This is very very good. Everything so natrual. I'm very intrested to see where this goes!

"Don't resist the changes that come to you. If you're resisting change you are resisting a part of yourself. Those who resist change, are the ones who will in the end, fall..."
-Me
  #6   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2007, 04:40 AM

Adam is on a distinguished road
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Rowan! And many thanks for the new installment. I must echo the previous poster who stated that Tristan and Azra do not fully embody their respective sides. It would seem Azra really does care about Gabriel for his own sake, not just for the value Gabriel poses to his cause. Still, I think it would be a mistake to assume that this means redemption is possible for Azra. My guess is that he wants Tristan to pretend to be his friend not only to make Gabriel happy, but also to undermine Tristan in Gabriel's eyes by seeking to subtly provoke him when the three of them are together and make the Navajo lose his temper.

Last edited by Adam; June 30th, 2007 at 04:47 AM.
  #7   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2007, 07:33 AM

jsmith2300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jsmith2300
Yeah!

Rowan,

YES! I'm SO excited you posted a new chapter of 'Saved' which has always been one of my favorites of this board. AND you gave us more of Azra. Man, I couldn't ask for more!

As always, I'm enjoying the developing story. While I'm not sure I agree with the previous posters that Azra has to be evil all the time to be Tristan's nemesis, it was fun to see Azra confidently showing off his power and what he's easily capable of to Tristan. It was certainly to protect Gabriel, but Azra has a greater goal in mind - let's not forget - so I'm not sure I'm as concerned that we won't get to see Azra in all his evil glory later on in the story. The crack about him and Tristan sleeping together was priceless! (Though, seriously, can you incorporate that? )

Rivals are much fun!

I don't have much beyond that except to say 'thanks' and to BEG for more. Hehe. I've missed Gabriel's cuteness, Azra's evil power, and Tristan's... well... size. Something would be missing from the story is Tristan wasn't big and getting bigger.

Thanks again! Feel better!

--JSmith
  #8   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 1st, 2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
Well, you certainly showed the pure 'not very nice at all'-ness of Azra.
OMG! I think I love Azra! In a "I hope you never manifest in real life" kind of way, of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKage
Anyways, sorry to hear ya sick and everything.
Thanks, I'm feeling much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoSensor
I'm very intrested to see where this goes!
So am I, actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith2300
The crack about him and Tristan sleeping together was priceless! (Though, seriously, can you incorporate that? )

Rivals are much fun!
Azra is playful/evil. And he totally works it. I agree with you about rivals!

Thanks to everyone for all the get well wishes.

-- Rowan

-The Tick
  #9   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:56 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Since there are people that get upset when I analyse the stories I will reframe from it. You guys do realize that don't have to read my observations you can just skip over then without reading...

About Azra, I picked up that Rowan liked him too much to make him completely evil... and even thought the final battle between Tristan and Azra for Gabriel and the world is suppose to result in the distruction of the loser, I doubt that Rowan will be able to allow Azra to be completely lost...

I would still love to know the background of the first "meeting" of the three when Gabriel saved Tristan from Azra...

Ender

ps... I had switched my avitar to what it is now before I saw Rowan's new avitar I didn't copy it... sorry Rowan, I guess we just have similar tastes somtimes...

Last edited by Ender; July 1st, 2007 at 03:05 PM.
  #10   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 1st, 2007, 09:28 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Everybody Sing...

Hello, Rowan.
Well hello, Rowan.
It's so nice to have you back where you belong.

Okay -- enough silliness.

Don't ever go away again, please. Davey's Destiny definitely desires to be determined!
  #11   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
Good stuff, thanks for sharing again.
  #12   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
About Azra, I picked up that Rowan liked him too much to make him completely evil... and even thought the final battle between Tristan and Azra for Gabriel and the world is suppose to result in the distruction of the loser, I doubt that Rowan will be able to allow Azra to be completely lost...
Oh, I love Azra, but I'll send him to hell if i have to...

At which point he'd probably just light a cigarette and take over. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHEON
Hello, Rowan.
Well hello, Rowan.
It's so nice to have you back where you belong.
Aw, man! Now I have that song stuck in my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumbum
Good stuff, thanks for sharing again.
It was fun to post again, so thanks right back.

-The Tick
  #13   Add to bulknola's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:40 AM

bulknola is on a distinguished road
For some reason I'm thinking of a scene in the first Harry Potter movie where Harry falls in with the snake.

Maybe Gabriel saves Tristan from the bully, then Tristan falls into a display with Azra in snake-form?

BTW, I think Azra's pretty cool . . . kinda reminds me of the Joker, evil but cool.
  #14   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

You know... that scene from Harry Potter I inside the Reptile House was floating around tha back of my mind as an image of the first meeting of Tristan, Azra, and Gabriel too... Tristan as a nice version of Duddly, Gabriel as the part of Harry that called the snake off Duddly and Azra is the part of Harry that let the snake out and part the Snake...

As I figure it Azra attacked Tristan with some sort of spell and Grabriel took the hit from it instead of Tristan... and that has something to be with Grabriel being so small... I don't remember if Rowan every gave us a clear recounting of what happened... I think he just said that there was an encounter and Grabriel (then bigger than Tristan) saved Tristan some how...

I'm still hoping the see the final relationship with Gabriel and Tristan be of equals and not the big guy little guy thing, but Rowan likes to have his couples to be of mixed sizes. I still figure Azra's final assult on Tristan will be through Gabriel, having Gabriel fight Tristan. But just before Tristan loses, Gabriel will turn on Azra and save Tristan a second time, fully expecting that Azra will destroy him in the process. That will give Tristan the chance to "take" Azra out once and for all... or maybe Gabriel's attack could result in some sort of "purifying union" of the two of them, saving part of Azra in the process... A mix of Gabriel's goodness and Azra's power would be a good match with Tristan (I get the impression that both Gabriel and Azra have a sharper with with than Tristan and Azra got the full couse on being the chosen one)

Yes, I can see Azra perfering to rule hell than serve in heaven; but, mellowed by blending with Gabriel, I think he could accept sharing a the top slot as an equal...

Ender
  #15   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulknola
BTW, I think Azra's pretty cool . . .
I do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender
Yes, I can see Azra perfering to rule hell than serve in heaven
Oh, I'm sure it'd be a party.

-The Tick
  #16   Add to sdfsdf2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:11 PM

sdfsdf2 is on a distinguished road
Glad to see your continueing this story!
  #17   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfsdf2
Glad to see your continueing this story!
Thanks! These three guys are so cool to write.

-The Tick
  #18   Add to redroger11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2008, 02:01 AM

redroger11 is on a distinguished road
Hey Rowan. Just wondering when you're going to get to the next chapter of this great story. I wondered. It seems like Azra and Tristan are restrained from telling Gabriel that he's the One. But can other's, like say his counselor, inform him of the situation? If Gabriel has to choose, doesn't he ever get all the facts before he has to choose. How is he expected, as a pure soul, to be able to make an informed choice between good and evil? Particularly when the guardians seeking to have him choose one of them, are prevented from even telling him he has to choose one. It seems that the Powers-That-Be holding sway over this world would best be served if they gave one of the neutral people or the One a few dreams that could indicate what's going on.
It just seems so rude that Gabriel is going to have to choose when one of the guardians is hiding his true nature. Hell, they both are really. Gabriel still doesn't know Tristan is the little kid he saved. I guess that's the kicker,huh? Love and a real connection to loving Gabriel.

Well I hope you get the time to put out the next chapter. Really love this story. And Jascian's Toy. And.... You get the idea.
redroger11
  #19   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:20 PM

I, uh, don't really know. lol. This story changes so much every time I write a chapter (Azra didn't even exist when I started this), so pinning down exactly how the world works is a bit hard. My current working theory is that all sides agree it's best not to let Gabriel know he's embroiled in this Good vs. Evil contest. Logically, when anyone is presented with "this is the good, this is the evil," then that person is going to choose good automatically, even when the evil option might suit them better. That 'choice' would be flawed.

So for Gabriel, it's not about choosing the 'right' option, it's about choosing the right *person* for him. And, yes, Azra's not exactly showing his true colors here, but who's to say that he wouldn't always be nice to Gabriel? He's the villain, but he seems to genuinely like him. For the world, this is about good and evil, but for Gabriel, it's going to be a lot more personal than that, I think.

-The Tick
  #20   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:30 AM

Adam is on a distinguished road
Interesting! I thought that Azra might genuinely care for Gabriel outside of his value as the One, but I wasn't entirely sure. I'm glad that is indeed the case, since I think it adds much more to the story if Azra actually does love Gabriel. And it is intriguing to know that for Gabriel it is going to be about choosing the right person, rather than choosing a side.
  #21   Add to redroger11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM

redroger11 is on a distinguished road
I don't get that feeling at all from the story. Azra is out for power. He has no feelings of love for his parents(he killed them) why would he have any real feelings for Gabriel? Once he has tricked Gabriel into loving him and choosing him he'll probably keep him held in a fantasy of sorts. Away from anyone who could tell Gabriel of all the evil Azra wants to do. And he sure won't tell Gabriel that he killed Tristan. Unless he somehow tricks Gabriel into doing that for him. You've made a character that is good and loving. He doesn't know how to access his own power. You have a ruthless powerful character that will do practically anything to get what he wants. The only reason he hasn't tried to kill Tristan is because you've set it up that way. The story should build out of the reasons you have built into it already. Why is Azra unable to harm Tristan until Gabriel chooses? Who was the previous ONE? Why did he Choose the evil one? That is how you have some of your character talk about the previous events.

Just curious.

redroger11
  #22   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
Um, Azra hasn't killed his parents (or anyone yet). And the comment above seems practically an instruction on what Rowan should do ("the story SHOULD," etc). I don't think anyone has the right to make such demands.

Actually I think several of these discussions (mostly of Rowan's stories) are going a bit far, and are neither a testament to the strength of the story or particularly altruistic. They seem to be about trying to coerce the author into writing the reader's own fantasy. I suppose it's easy to forget that the story is the property of the author, including the original ideas and vision, and unless otherwise invited, I imagine jealously guarded and carefully fostered within their own minds. As such, surely I'm not the only one who thinks that such repeated cajoling could be seriously depressing and a hassle for authors to have to deal with, particularly when it conflicts with their already developed ideas?
  #23   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Hear Hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobdior View Post
I suppose it's easy to forget that the story is the property of the author, including the original ideas and vision, and unless otherwise invited, I imagine jealously guarded and carefully fostered within their own minds.
Thank you Yobdior for taking the time to make this point clear and useful to all members of the Forum. I think it's absolutely important to be reminded of this from time to time.

As for me, when I make a comment about a story I try to look at the writing objectively from the vantage of form or style -- not content or substance. Content is solely at the author's discretion. Best to leave that to the author's devices no matter what the critique may be. And, of course, if one doesn't like the content or disagrees with the substance of the story, there's no compelling reason why a comment needs to be made. Is there?
  #24   Add to Synth.x's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:08 PM
It's a Secret

Synth.x is on a distinguished road
this was posted exactly one year ago... Rowan's stories rock >:P
  #25   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth.x View Post
this was posted exactly one year ago... Rowan's stories rock >:P
Missed this. Thank you.

Saved is on hiatus, unfortunately. I was buried under stories, deadlines, and real life, so I had to prioritize and make some tough decisions. The Jascian's Toy and Davey's Destiny won out. This chapter was written in a moment of weakness that had me sick as a dog and (bizarrely) missing Azra.

Yeah, I don't understand it either.

Anyway--definitely intend to come back to this eventually. The other two stories just have to reach some sort of conclusion, first.

-The Tick
  #26   Add to Bradykins's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Better than the toaster.

Bradykins is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bradykins
I think its time we finally get a new chapter of this story, Rowan =P
  #27   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradykins View Post
I think its time we finally get a new chapter of this story, Rowan =P
Hmm, okay. In a fit of insanity I've added one new chapter of any existing serial as a prize in my Where's Rowan? game that will be starting next week. So here ya go: http://rowanmcbride.blogspot.com/200...9-edition.html

Ya find me, and quite possibly I'll update.

-The Tick
  #28   Add to nvb2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM

nvb2 is on a distinguished road
Hmm...Well, I'll play as I'll be there this weekend. One more reason to be excited for DragonCon!
  #29   Add to TKnTexas55's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Fan of muscle... and more

TKnTexas55 is on a distinguished road
Just discovered this story. . . will there be any more? I hope so. Muscles and mystical magic are two of my fave genres.
  #30   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:40 AM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
Oh man, what an agonizing hiatus...
  #31   Add to darkchaos057's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM

darkchaos057 is on a distinguished road
I agree. This story is so captivating! It's been 3 years...I want more!
  #32   Add to Bradykins's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Better than the toaster.

Bradykins is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bradykins
Quote:
Originally Posted by skumbum View Post
Oh man, what an agonizing hiatus...
I've been trying to get him to continue this story for a while :P
  #33   Add to OnyxFaith's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:54 PM

OnyxFaith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to OnyxFaith
I don't know why the guidelines weren't stickied, but it's my understanding that Rowan isn't going to be posting his stuff here anymore because most of his stories no longer fit them.
  #34   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:08 PM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Too bad! this is one interesting plot I'd like to see completed.
  #35   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxFaith View Post
I don't know why the guidelines weren't stickied, but it's my understanding that Rowan isn't going to be posting his stuff here anymore because most of his stories no longer fit them.
Which begs the question... If Rowan isn't posting here where, if anywhere, is he posting now? Based on his blog and a couple of email exchanges, he's concentrating of writing for commercial publication and that is why he pulled "Flow" from the board. He's reworking it as a novel for publication.

Ender
  #36   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Which begs the question... If Rowan isn't posting here where, if anywhere, is he posting now? Based on his blog and a couple of email exchanges, he's concentrating of writing for commercial publication and that is why he pulled "Flow" from the board. He's reworking it as a novel for publication.

Ender
Directed back here by a friend.

I'm sorry, but unfortunately I don't remember exchanging any emails with you, so I can't address that part of the statement. But I *have* said on this forum and in other places that I'll be continuing the free stuff on my own site.

On my blog there's a widget on the right-hand side that shows my writing schedule. Sometimes I even post it in my newsletter. The schedule changes frequently and no, it's a not the greatest indication of what'll get posted next because the way I write has me jumping around a lot.

But I always intend to finish what I start. Seriously. "Free" or "commercial," it's all about the story.

-The Tick
  #37   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Directed back here by a friend.

I'm sorry, but unfortunately I don't remember exchanging any emails with you, so I can't address that part of the statement. But I *have* said on this forum and in other places that I'll be continuing the free stuff on my own site.

On my blog there's a widget on the right-hand side that shows my writing schedule. Sometimes I even post it in my newsletter. The schedule changes frequently and no, it's a not the greatest indication of what'll get posted next because the way I write has me jumping around a lot.

But I always intend to finish what I start. Seriously. "Free" or "commercial," it's all about the story.
The emails were in regard to the possibility of getting a copy of flow as it appeared here... I wanted to read it again... You said no you considering publishing an expanded version in the future and didn't want other copies floating around.

I missed the blurb in "The Jascian's Toy," I'm not into the level of Macrophilia and I never was able to get into that story...

Sorry if my comments upset you that was not my intention... Like you said the story is what it's all about.

Ender

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options