The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Site News, Feedback & Suggestions
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Site News, Feedback & Suggestions For discussion related to forum itself, including features, feedback and suggestions.

View Poll Results: Do you want greater Social Networking features here? (refer to first post)
Absolutely, and I would be willing to pay a modest annual fee for these upgrades. 3 23.08%
Probably? but truth to tell I wouldn?t be willing to pay any fee to make these upgrades. 5 38.46%
Nah, what we have is just fine. 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. This poll is closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to monstermusclebe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Markus

monstermusclebe is on a distinguished road
Wish We Had A More Social Networking Feel

... like the site 'Grommr', which is for, ahem, bellybuilders rather than muscle builders like us: http://www.grommr.com.

I DO love having a place to read stories and where the posts are sorted into themes, like we do.

But at the end of the day I also want to see profiles of guys, with their pics! and chat with them via a simple chat interface like that site has too. Plus more fields in the profile for greater levels of detail, to help you indicate how much you are into bodybuilding, muscle growth on yourself or on others or both, and how sexual this interest is for you, etc. etc.

If we were to make this leap, those involved would need to get PAID to do it or it just won't happen, most likely. So the new features would most likely have limitations on them, such as the number of photos you can view in a day, the number of messages you can send in a day, etc. Those who then pay a modest annual fee get these features unlocked, for unlimited "XL" access.

It's funny. I'm into helping guys get into bodybuilding. But the 'trainees' I now have I met through grommr.com, NOT from here! If you go to Grommr and do a member search for the word 'muscle' in the username, you'll find a large number of bodybuilders there. That site seems to be filling a gap for our community, in the meantime.

Anyone else feel similarly? Answer the poll, regardless.

Last edited by monstermusclebe; September 13th, 2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added new info
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to monstermusclebe For This Useful Post:
summerocket (September 18th, 2013)
  #2   Add to SineOfSize's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Massive Magnitude

SineOfSize is on a distinguished road
My suggestion would be to use Realjock Profiles/Forum and Bodybuildling Forums/Bodyspace as a model of what the next iteration of MuscleGrowth.org could morph into.

I really enjoy how engaged everyone is in all of these boards. I wouldn't want to lose that. In forums like this, I can see the contributions of everyone at a glance on all kinds of topics. I can jump in anywhere and at any time. The posts are organized by topic, with members constantly contributing among them. It isn't just a stream of random comments and thoughts from whom ever recently posted. I strongly believe that deep sense of community we've fostered around here would be lost and the quality of the content contributed would diminish if we were to move to a more Grommr/Facebook feel.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options