The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Theone1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:27 PM

Theone1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Theone1
Important Questions

I have a friend who has a cousin about to try a shot of what is purportedly 'Pure Testosterone' I have no idea if his cousin (a man of about 35) intends to use it continuously.

Now my friend however, who is 17 and is going to try it after seeing the effects on his cousin claims that at our size and body mass (we're both around 160~165 and have 10-15% body fat) were to try a quarter to half dose once and only once, this would melt away our fat and make us super defined and cut with addition to excercise?

Is this true?

More importantly, since I've never done any research (but will eagerly begin after this posting) is there even such a thing as Pure Testosterone? And if so, what happens to minors and young adults when they take it?

Will half a dose cause my testosterone production to cease in my testes?

If I do it once will there be any seriously negative side effects?

Will it really give me a dream body if it simply boosts my testosterone?

Will it make my voice deeper, body hairier, and too my wicked desire: taller?

Thank you in advance~~
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Theone1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:31 PM

(sorry for the second posting as I have no idea if and how to edit the first)

I neglected to add one thing, (and maybe others if it so happens I post again)

I don't intend on maintaining an injection regimen, only once, will this just make me bulk up a little and then fade immediately and are the positive AND negative effects temporary?
  #3   Add to Theone1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:47 PM

terribly embarassed for forgetting this, scold me for the ill-thought-out tri-posting, but there is one more gravely important question, I have another close friend who is only 16 and about to inject.

WILL THIS FUCK UP A 16 YEAR OLD?
  #4   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:22 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
1) If you are paying for this, you are being scammed. There is nothing in the world that after one shot will shred your muscles (except in the literal sense, like a shotgun blast ripping them apart). If there were a 1-shot solution, there would be a hundred guys on this site trying it tomorrow no matter what the cost.

2) There is "pure testosterone" in that, testosterone is a hormone that is produced by your body that can be extracted and distilled to a pure form. This forum, though, would be useless for muscle growth, as the chemical needs to be in an oil or water-based fluid in order to be injected. Also, most body chemicals have complex relationships with our body, and only work in certain places, at certain times, and only when certain other chemicals are present.

3) All steroids and other hormones, ergogenic and hypertrophic substances have risks. The risks are magnified in younger people. At 16, you haven't even tasted what your own body's natural production of test will do for you, and mucking around with test at your age could permanently damage your ability to make your own test yourself.

In short, you're being scammed bro. I don't know what is in that injection but at best it's nothing and at worst it will kill you.

No one wants to hear it, but the only way to get muscle is to work at it, and eat good food (lots of good food). If you want to grow, get a good workout routine and eat, eat, eat.

Do your research on roids for sure, but most people will tell you to wait until you're in your mid- to late- 20s to start, and only after you've been working out for years.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
schwermarko (January 2nd, 2014)
  #5   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:25 PM

btw, the testosterone that most guys use as their base for a cycle usually takes several weeks before they see any effect at all. Test is a powerful substance, but in the real world, most powerful things take TIME.
  #6   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:31 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
first i dont recommend amy teen takinmg anabolics( testwerone). Your body is producing the max amount it can . unless you have a hormonal imblalance testerone will not cause your body to burn fat. Your nutrition i and cardio will do that/ testerone also will not make you taller.
As to pure testerone will unless its pharmacuital grade and tested you cant say its pure.

if your 16/17 it smarter for you to get your nutrition correct. learn how your body works and then do your cardio. . Unless you do your resarch and know what your doing you can to perminate damage to your body .
there are teen bodybuilders who will tell you that they have done some damage to themselves but being stupid.

if you need any more info let me know
The Following User Says Thank You to BIGJOEY For This Useful Post:
schwermarko (January 2nd, 2014)
  #7   Add to Theone1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:15 PM

Thanks, but I have further questions, what is Post Cycle Therapy?

and if my testosterone production stops and hypothetically stops for good (is this possible?) will i need to undergo post cycle therapy?

Do you think a singular half dose would be enough to not show any negative side effects, and therefore be only positive?
  #8   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:28 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theone1 View Post
Thanks, but I have further questions, what is Post Cycle Therapy?

and if my testosterone production stops and hypothetically stops for good (is this possible?) will i need to undergo post cycle therapy?

Do you think a singular half dose would be enough to not show any negative side effects, and therefore be only positive?
I think what people are trying to tell you, in a tactful way, is that NO teenager has any business taking steroids:
1. They will mess up your body's natural growth, possibly leading you to be shorter than you naturally would be, by causing premature closure of the ends of your long bones
2. Steroid regimens are not nearly as straightforward and simplistic as your questions assume. They are best done, if at all, under the supervision of someone who is familiar with their impacts and also with your particular physical situation and blood chemistry, so they don't cause ill effects.
3. In the U.S., at least, they are illegal to dispense without a prescription, so this kind of talk is speculative, at best.

Come back when you've been lifting weights consistently for a few years and you are well past your teenage years.

Until then, get information on a good lifting program (use Google if nothing else) and good nutrition (Google, again)

Good luck!
  #9   Add to Theone1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:38 PM

But no one has seemed to address the effects and harm of doing it ONLY ONCE AND < HALF DOSE. I know there is probably no concrete information, but will this one bad apple of a choice spoil the bunch?
  #10   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:05 PM

Because there is NO POINT in taking one half-dose injection, and there is risk: any injection has a risk of infection, for one thing. Even if you do everything correctly, even if you have a medical professional to help you, an injection can still end badly. It's very, very rare, but people have lost limbs or even died because of an injection gone bad.

And one "half dose" injection (and doses vary, based on the person and their goals, their medical history, etc etc... there's no such thing as a "half-dose" of testosterone) will do absolutely nothing for muscle growth.

Test takes weeks for your body to start to use it so that you notice the effects.

What you're asking about has zero positive and many possible significant negative consequences. No one in their right mind would make that decision.
  #11   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:09 PM

To elaborate, the average testosterone cycle is between 8-10 weeks long, with injections every other day, or once or twice a week. Over that time a whole range of effects will occur, different depending on your own personal biology. When I was on test over the summer, aside from the psychological effect of knowing I was on it, I had no effects to speak of for 3 or more weeks.

And, to top it off, if you aren't already lifting and eating well, anything you take is wasted anyway. A couch potato taking test will be a couch potato when they stop.

Look, if nothing else, fucking with hormones without being safe can and will ruin your dick. Do you like your dick? If you like your dick, say "thanks but no thanks", and get your ass into the gym for a few years.
  #12   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:37 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
I am chiming in here as well. I am a steroid user, many of the others who have replied are as well, so we are not giving you the after school special crap.

Based on what you have said please don't do this. What this person has been told is so out of line with reality it is very unlikely that the steroids are genuine. In addition you will see no positive effect from a single injection of any steroid, regardless of the dose. If it were that easy, everyone would look like that.

There are steroids which take effect immediately, one of which is indeed Testosterone suspension-- little flakes of pure testosterone suspended in sterile water. One dose of it will give you a few hours of aggression, obsessive focus, and hornyness. You won't notice a whit of difference in how you look. We powerlifters and strongmen use it to get psyched to compete. It also hurts like hell, the injection sites get very sore. Please leave this for people who have a reason to use it!

If you want the good things that come out of these drugs, that make it worth the risk. Take the next decade to learn how to train, how to eat, and what these things actually do.

Also remember that if whatever is in that vial is not sterile, you can catch it-- including things like hepatitis c. If someone were pedaling crap with that story I'm going to guess that there is a fair shot it's not sterile.
  #13   Add to Bigm999's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:02 PM

Bigm999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theone1 View Post
Is this true?
No.

On the 1 -> 10 scale of BadIdeas, this is a pretty solid 9.

Listen to what the guys above have said.

a) You don't understand at all what you're being offered (which sounds like magic beans)

b) You have unrealistic expectations of what steroids actually are, how they work, and what they accomplish.

c) You will get ZERO results out of this.

d) Given you're 160lbs with 10%bf, that would indicate you don't have much idea what you're doing at them gym, and your workouts don't cut it.

I would go into more details, but I'd end up being a lot less polite then the previous responders so I'll leave it there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigm999 For This Useful Post:
schwermarko (January 3rd, 2014)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode