The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #41   Add to growingboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM

growingboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHeavy View Post
I was invited to a wedding a few months ago, and the lady in the suit hire shop couldn't find a jacket that would fit around my arms. She complained that I was out of proportion. I think she meant it as a criticism, but what a compliment!
I have this problem all the time. Getting a suit to wear is a real problem. The suit jacket is always to tight in the chest back and arms but is too big at the waist. Shirts are a problem too... but fuck it, I'm still going to get bigger!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to bigun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2008, 09:35 PM

bigun is on a distinguished road
I've been working out for several months. Lately I've changed my routine and added a supplement. I've begun to experience a change that get's me going every time I think about it. My muscles are fuller than they've ever been, my pumps in the gym last much longer, and my member is noticeably bigger. Plus, I get hard more often, and the erection is much harder. I'm more confident, & more energetic. I can't wait to see what happens after a couple of months on this stuff.
  #43   Add to GunMetalGrey88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:06 AM

GunMetalGrey88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GunMetalGrey88 Send a message via Yahoo to GunMetalGrey88
Thumbs up

well today i worked and ran the other day , when i got home i helped my dad empty his truck, and i turned away from him at one point and he complemented where my ass go, i guess i never noticed having a big back side untill it was gone, its a mixed bag, but i guess i'll be going for ass huging jeans next time
  #44   Add to Eager Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Yep, it's me; REAL GROWTH

Eager Muscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Eager Muscle
My first "Eureka!" moment? I'm sometimes a stomach sleeper and late one night I woke up breathing differently and I realized I was sleeping on my pecs instead of my stomach. Simple as that. Lots of other "Eurekas!" after that!

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."
- Dorothy Parker

"Faces fall, but a bicep's forever."
- Eager Muscle

"A personal trainer is someone who works for your lunch money."
- Eager Muscle
  #45   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigun View Post
I've been working out for several months. Lately I've changed my routine and added a supplement. I've begun to experience a change that get's me going every time I think about it. My muscles are fuller than they've ever been, my pumps in the gym last much longer, and my member is noticeably bigger. Plus, I get hard more often, and the erection is much harder. I'm more confident, & more energetic. I can't wait to see what happens after a couple of months on this stuff.
And what might this mystery supplement be? x3 I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know.
  #46   Add to TopHeavy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM

TopHeavy is on a distinguished road
For a long time, weight training was the only exercise I did. Although I could tell I was getting a lot bigger, I was struck by it recently when I started playing football again and I find I feel very bulky running around the pitch, especially across the chest. The front of my shirt bounces up and down rather a lot!
  #47   Add to bigun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2008, 04:28 AM

bigun is on a distinguished road
A local bodybuilder recommended BSN's Nitrix. He said it was the only thing he trusted to provide real results. He was right.
  #48   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager Muscle View Post
My first "Eureka!" moment? I'm sometimes a stomach sleeper and late one night I woke up breathing differently and I realized I was sleeping on my pecs instead of my stomach. Simple as that.
You are such a bastard. Do you have any idea how long that mental image is going to be ratling around in my brain (...well, one of them) now?!?!

-Pup
  #49   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2008, 11:19 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
I've noticed little things here and there even though I haven't really lost much of the excessive fat I carry. Sleeves and neck collars get a little tight (well, sometimes really tight), thighs and calves are harder to "hide" in some types of pants (bluejeans for me) and the stuff in the pockets are more noticeable I've tried laying on my side and gut while on the floor and it's less "comfortable" all of a sudden Then today I tried to lay down on a love seat my floks bought a while back and noticed that between the fat and muscle, I could barely fit across the couch! I had to put a plastic tote next to me to keep my arm from dangling to the floor or worse (well for the floor anyway) rolling off the love seat all together
  #50   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Do more deadlifts

hyooge is on a distinguished road
Very cool, I love this thread!

I'm just getting back into lifting after letting things go for a bit and it feels good! Tonight being Friday, I had the entire place to myself. I did a grueling workout and then spent something like 10 minutes flexing in the mirror. Biceps, triceps, pecs, quads, etc... I even took off my shoes to fully check out my calves!

After getting a good pump with the workout and eating a crazy degree of protein this week, I feel like things are back on the right track. It's good to see some definition coming back and to feel my muscles really bulging. I'll admit to getting a little worked up about all this.

There's actually a few cameras mounted in the room and I know the front desk people can see what's going on. I always wonder if they're watching when I do this. I can't be the only dude who does. The overhead lighting is just too perfect!
  #51   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 18th, 2008, 01:55 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyooge View Post

There's actually a few cameras mounted in the room and I know the front desk people can see what's going on. I always wonder if they're watching when I do this. I can't be the only dude who does. The overhead lighting is just too perfect!
I couldn't agree more. I know that the lighting in the locker room at my gym is superb. After I workout I always check out my progress....the t-shirt comes off and I flex away just to see how the blood is engorging the muscle, and then I check to see what needs more work, etc etc.

Once I was doing this and these two younger guys walked in. I used to get taken aback by this, but hey, that is what we are in the gym for, to get our workouts in, pump up and build our bodies. So, the guys walk by, and one of them smile and say "now that is the body that I want..one day I'll be as big as that!".

So, there is something to be said about overhead lighting.

Ron III---III
  #52   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
Well its Thanksgiving here in the USA, and I just got back home from dinner with the family. Although what I'm about to say here is, I admit, nothing compared to many of the stories and personal experiences relayed on this site, I'm just absolutely thrilled that I actually feel like I have something I can say in this thread!

Over the past few years, I had been an on again/off again person when it came to working out. I never really saw any results, hence why the "off again" portions became more and more numerous. Finally this year, I got disgusted with my physical self again, took a look at the program I had been following, changed things around, and started getting serious again in late August/early September.

Anyway, things are happening this time around! The first thing I noticed this morning was shaving and brushing my teeth in the mirror. I noticed my bicep flexing and a nice crevice between the biceps and the deltoids. Then it came time to get dressed, and I pulled out a long sleeve dress shirt that I can't remember when I last wore it. I actually had to tug on the sleeves to get them up my arms, and when in place, they actually felt nice and snug around the upper arms. The seam where the sleeves meet the main body of the shirt now ran over the top of my shoulders instead of down the side of them. I'm afraid I can't honestly claim that the shirt was tight across the chest, but there does seem to be a noticable redistribution of mass from the stomach area to the chest area. Feeling good about this, I took out a pair of size 32" waist pants that I've not fit into for over a year at least, and decided to take my chances. Guess what, they fit! Now yes, I will admit that they are still snugger than they should be, but the fact that I got them on at all is indeed a big improvement.

Then at dinner, I could be completely wrong about this, but my gaydar was going off over our waiter, and I swear that he was glancing my direction whenever he walked past, and that whenever he was actually at the table, his eyes tended to concentrate on me.

So now I'm waiting for dinner to digest some before I go hit today's workout. I have a feeling its going to be a good one!
  #53   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Because of the ridiculously-long-distance relationship I'm in it's usually my boyfriend who notices it more than I do (because the house is full of mirrors, so my body is no secret to me, haha). But when I recently saw a picture taken half a year before I started working out, I really saw how much I had gained already. I am so glad I am steadily moving away from that. If I had known then, I surely would have started working out sooner.

(Though fortunately for me, I'm by no means too late)
  #54   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Do more deadlifts

Rrrrrripppp

Last week, I was going through my old closet at my mum's house and found a pair of trousers from my early 20's. A nice pair of basic Calvin Klein dress pants. I figured that they'd be useful and brought them back home.

Earlier today, I got dressed for work and decided to try the pants. HOLY GOD were they tight! I hadn't realized how much my legs had grown since those earlier days. The waist was fine, but there was no hope for the rest. I figured... what the hell.

I squatted down, flexed my legs hard, and split both the crotch seam and the outseam on the right thigh! You could see my bare quadriceps bulging right through the fabric.

I remembered this happening as a boy, when I would eventually outgrow my school uniform pants. I haven't split any shirt sleeves yet, but I definitely enjoyed busting a few wool seams with my thighs and glutes!

PS - sorry that there's no video of this, it wasn't quite pre-planned.
  #55   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:41 PM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
I had a great workout today and it was one of the rare times that I noticed how my triceps progressed. I was doing dumbbell triceps extension in front of the mirror and my arms were pretty strong looking.
Also there was some guy that was doing also at the same time the same exercize but with both hands and I was doing it with one hand(it was I think those 16 or 14kg dumbbell), it sound little silly but it made me feel strong.
I had to share this experience....
  #56   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM

I've been running into issues with my biceps getting in the way from time to time, I've started trying to tough my shoulder with the hand from the same side, that's getting tough to do too
  #57   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
I've always had huge pecs, thighs, arse, etc... but my arms were always lagging (in my opinion.) I've really been blasting them and have put a lot of size on both my bi's and tri's. Now I catch myself in the gym mirror all the time, and I can't help flexxing! I've become one of those jerks who actually does a double-bicep pose for himself in the mirror. Lah!

-BigLittleTim
  #58   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 29th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Do more deadlifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post
I've always had huge pecs, thighs, arse, etc... but my arms were always lagging (in my opinion.) I've really been blasting them and have put a lot of size on both my bi's and tri's. Now I catch myself in the gym mirror all the time, and I can't help flexxing! I've become one of those jerks who actually does a double-bicep pose for himself in the mirror. Lah!

-BigLittleTim
I'm right there with you. I've been putting on size over the past year, and I love flexing in the gym more than ever. Quads and calves are my favorite. You can't beat those overhead lights!
  #59   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Do more deadlifts

Oop, here I am posting again. I just had a personal record at the gym and noticed quite a bit of muscle growth. I've been putting on muscle fairly steadily since last October and doing heavy workouts three times a week. Deadlifts are my absolute favorite. It's a true full-body movement that makes me feel really powerful, yet also totally exhausted.

Now that the weather is a bit warmer, I've been wearing less and less to the gym. My usual deadlift outfit is a tight sleeveless tee, short workout shorts, and bare feet. I definitely get a kick out of watching everything work from head to toe when I'm pulling that weight.

Yesterday, I hit a personal record of 450lb for 10 clean reps. I put off doing this movement for years, so this is a pretty big improvement from 6 reps of 135lb last April. I've strengthened my legs, lower back, and traps a lot since then. Doing this movement has thickened my body overall, and I love it. If you're not doing deadlifts, then I highly recommend them! There's a reason why it's the king of compound movements.

I've got a new deadlifting goal nowadays. To lift a car.

I unfortunately don't own one, so I'll have to find someone with a small-ish vehicle who won't mind my bulging quads, calves, biceps, and traps lifting its rear wheels off the ground. From my research, you need a deadlift of around 600lb to safely do this. I'm going to keep plugging at it for a few months and give it a try this Fall. If I can make it happen, then I'll definitely shoot a video of the feat.
  #60   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:12 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Quote:

I've got a new deadlifting goal nowadays. To lift a car.
Sounds like a muscle growth story to me. My friends didn't realize how big and strong I had gotten until one day we got a flat tire and the jack was gone. I took my shirt off and lifted the back of the car so they could change the tire but they spent more time admiring my muscles than working on the tire!
  #61   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Do more deadlifts

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post
Sounds like a muscle growth story to me. My friends didn't realize how big and strong I had gotten until one day we got a flat tire and the jack was gone. I took my shirt off and lifted the back of the car so they could change the tire but they spent more time admiring my muscles than working on the tire!
Oh man, hopefully I don't burst out of all my clothes and accidentally flip it over!

Actually, that wouldn't be too bad
  #62   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM

That would be great, wouldn't it How big of a car was it?
  #63   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Do more deadlifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
That would be great, wouldn't it How big of a car was it?
Well, there hasn't been any car lifting yet. But for my first try, I've got to locate something small and dated - ideally with a steel bumper. The plastic bumpers on new cars are impossible to grab.

Gotta get the deadlift up to 500 first. I'll keep you all posted!
  #64   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Well, there hasn't been any car lifting yet. But for my first try, I've got to locate something small and dated - ideally with a steel bumper. The plastic bumpers on new cars are impossible to grab.

Gotta get the deadlift up to 500 first. I'll keep you all posted!
Might Try An 80's Omni, Horizon, Or Rabbit/Golf. IIRC, those weighed less than 2500#!
  #65   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM

I forgot to post this last time I was on here.

I took my mountain bike out of the garage for the first time in 2 years to see if it was still servicable and took it for a couple quick rides around the block. There are alot of hills around where I live and I was usually lucky to be able to make it up some of them with the bike in 3rd-5th gear on a 21 speed mountain bike even after riding for a while and having decent endurance. Thursday I took the bike up a hill that had an elevation change of about 6-8 feet or so in 1/2 a block in 11th gear after not riding at all in the past two! I want to get my endurance back up before before tackling the taller hills since I was huffing and puffing a little. One of them changes elevation enough that you can see the roofs of the two story houses at the bottom of the hill from the top of the hill, in less than a block's distance! Figure than when I'm off work for a day I can take the bike out to the local prairie/bike paths and build my endurance up some on flat ground before hitting the local hills......
  #66   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:08 PM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
I was at training today and had to go to the latrine at one of our older buildings here at the base. I didn't realize I was getting wider until I tried squeezing into the urinal that had privacy walls on either side of them. I'm only 21" across... but felt cool knowing I was getting bigger.
  #67   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:52 PM

musclegod is on a distinguished road
Gogr, dude, you're on your way to becoming a beast! Keep up the good work. Can't wait until you're freaking massive!!!
  #68   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:42 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2 View Post
I was at training today and had to go to the latrine at one of our older buildings here at the base. I didn't realize I was getting wider until I tried squeezing into the urinal that had privacy walls on either side of them. I'm only 21" across... but felt cool knowing I was getting bigger.
That's pretty cool!

I know for me, there was a time when I was doing some reading and I had my head tilted to the side, and I then I took notice that my trap can almost touch the bottom of my earlobe. I hadn't realized how much they had grown and stuck out until that point. It was an AWESOME feeling!

As far as doorways, I have banged up my shoulders more than I can count as I keep misjudging how narrow doorways are and how wide my shoulders have become.

D
  #69   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:43 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Lifter73:

<< swoon >>

<< drool >>

<< sproing >>

Marry me! I'm sure Naoyuki won't mind having a third! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #70   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:00 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Lifter73:

<< swoon >>

<< drool >>

<< sproing >>

Marry me! I'm sure Naoyuki won't mind having a third! :-)

xoxo

Richard
LOL!!!

"To love, honor, and workout until we cannot fit through a doorway...."

Sure!!! LOL!

D
  #71   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 02:28 AM
DaBigGuy1

Tonight I went to the gym to have my late night workout session and I noticed a guy training there that I had noticed once before some time ago. This guy is powerfully built, great physique and upon a closer look you could tell he was definitely not a 20, 30, or even 40 something. To me, that does not matter a whit, especially when you are out there tearing up the gym and taking care of your body! So, I approached him at a safe time when he was not in the middle of a set or focusing on a rep, and I introduced myself and said "you'll have to excuse me but I gotta tell you that you really look great and you are moving some incredible poundages!". He just beamed and said "Thanks guy! From you that 's a compliment!" , and he proceeded to shake my hand. So from there we talked for a moment and I said "I know this may not be any of my business and you do not have to tell me this, but you look phenomenal and I was wondering, how old are you?". He then gave me this big smile and said "I am 73 years old". I was absolutely floored! He then went on to tell me how he was trimming down from a bulk phase and he was weighing around 200 pounds, a chest measurement of 49, waist of 34 and 19 inch arms. From what I could see he stood approximately 5' 6", which just made him look that much thicker.

I told him that I was completely floored and it was guys like him that I truly admire! From there I helped him push through some bench presses to get a few more pounds and reps out and he did likewise. We finished our session and we were both out of there.

And that made my day, and my training session! 73....and he is proof positive that age is simply a number!

Ron III---III
  #72   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 04:23 AM

Ron:

THANKS for the wonderful story!

I know I'm not much but I have to say that the past 2 years (ages 49-51) I've made more progress that at any time in my life and I'm (a) better built and (b) stronger than I've ever been. Knowing that I'm bigger and stronger than I was 20 years ago (and I may have been inconsistent but I was no stranger to lifting, even then) gives me hope that 20 years from now (knock wood!) I'll be even better than I am now. Your story just reinforces that idea!

So, again, MANY THANKS!

xoxo

Richard
  #73   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 05:27 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
73... Which means he was born in 1936? God, think of all the things he's seen change over the years, and he's in there putting younger guys to shame with what I assume is modern knowledge of how to build your body! Phenomenal.
  #74   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:37 AM

digger is on a distinguished road
Thanks for posting this. Great story...I even got a little misty eyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
Tonight I went to the gym to have my late night workout session and I noticed a guy training there that I had noticed once before some time ago. This guy is powerfully built, great physique and upon a closer look you could tell he was definitely not a 20, 30, or even 40 something. To me, that does not matter a whit, especially when you are out there tearing up the gym and taking care of your body! So, I approached him at a safe time when he was not in the middle of a set or focusing on a rep, and I introduced myself and said "you'll have to excuse me but I gotta tell you that you really look great and you are moving some incredible poundages!". He just beamed and said "Thanks guy! From you that 's a compliment!" , and he proceeded to shake my hand. So from there we talked for a moment and I said "I know this may not be any of my business and you do not have to tell me this, but you look phenomenal and I was wondering, how old are you?". He then gave me this big smile and said "I am 73 years old". I was absolutely floored! He then went on to tell me how he was trimming down from a bulk phase and he was weighing around 200 pounds, a chest measurement of 49, waist of 34 and 19 inch arms. From what I could see he stood approximately 5' 6", which just made him look that much thicker.

I told him that I was completely floored and it was guys like him that I truly admire! From there I helped him push through some bench presses to get a few more pounds and reps out and he did likewise. We finished our session and we were both out of there.

And that made my day, and my training session! 73....and he is proof positive that age is simply a number!

Ron III---III
  #75   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM

traveller
This evening I walked into the gym locker room after surviving my trainer's creative exercises to help increase my flexibility when I noticed a friend, G., a personal trainer, next to my locker. G.'s tight Underarmour shirt highlighted the nice bulging curves of this arms. I knew he was working on getting back in peak shape after dealing with a family issue that derailed his workouts and motivation. I noticed his body changing from soft back to hard these past few months--I usually briefly chat with him once a week. Now he's a nice eyeful; about 5'8" at 185-190 with 17-18" arms. He needs a bigger chest to match the arms, but he has nice furry pecs and okay legs which, if they were more proportional to his upper body, would bring his weight up to about 200.

Anyways, during our brief talk, he told me how stressed out he is due to his graduate school and personal life. Consequently he's been working out like a fiend to deal with it. He then lifts up the bottom of his shirt to show his fairly ripped abs which are a four pack; almost a 6 pack. I responded that I'm officially jealous of his bodyfat level. Of course, he's cute and tends to be a happy person, so my level of lust for him is fairly high. (BTW, my partner knows him--and once in a while can be a bit jealous in a sweet way.)

Since there were others in the locker room and he rushed off to start training a client, I didn't have an opportunity to talk to him about the usual, e.g., "chemical enchancements" if any, strength/lift levels and so on. I also surpressed an urge to feel him up--sigh.

--traveller
  #76   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:32 AM

This one probably doesn't fit into "When You Notice.." or "When Others Notice..." but it certainly doesn't deserve a thread of its own. Still, it was fun...

Recently I sent my personal trainer half a dozen photos of fellow gay guys who are about my age (51) or older.

"All guys you like to look like?" he asked me before I sent them.

"All guys I'd *like* to look like," I replied. "Which, of course is the same thing!"

Over the weekend I got a three-word message from him: "Liked the pix."

So yesterday when we worked out again I asked:

"How were they?"

He grinned.

"Do you suppose you could have sent ANY pix of guys who weren't obviously at some point using performance enhancing drugs?"

"What fun would that be?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, bigger is better," he answered. "The thing is, for a guy you ARE big for a guy you're age who's never used performance enhancing drugs."

<< SMILE >>

Of course, I do pay him to notice these things but it's nice when he says it on his own.

xoxo

Richard
  #77   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Sometimes you realize how far you've come when you see the "before" you working out. Today this skinny guy was in the weight room wearing the same blue muscle shirt as me but he was me forty pounds ago. I felt like telling him to keep at it. To keep lifting progressively heavier and eat, eat, eat. That way he would muscle up like I did. How egocentric is that?

I caught him glancing my way when I was doing tricep pushdowns and triceps (as you know) can really pump up huge in a muscle shirt. I don't know if I should have said anything or not. Would it have been encouraging or just self congratulatory?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...4&id=594635851

Last edited by Jim USA; August 1st, 2009 at 02:07 PM.
  #78   Add to polomuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM

polomuscle
Send a message via AIM to polomuscle
jacked up bodybuilder muscle in tight polo's

that is so fuckin' hot... you are jacked and ramming out of your polo, you look down and can't see your feet anymore because your pecs are huge and ripped and jutting out....
fuckin' bones me. i want to become like you: huge and powerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilcher View Post
[COLOR=yellowgreen]fantastic topic.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9acd32]-shirts. i keep old shirts from concerts that i attended. that way i know how old they are. watching the shirts just get smaller and smaller is fantastic. i had this one that was a little tight even when i bought it that i put on the other day. was nice to rip the arms out of it while flexing my biceps. so i ripped out the torso too. it's on my wall now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9acd32]-blood pressure cuffs. going to the doctor and having the nurse have to get the big cuff for blood pressure. what a rush. i should have one of those at home.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9acd32]-i have polo shirts (shirts again!) from a trip to hawaii. put one on the other day and could see something out of the corner of my eye when i turned my head slightly. it was my massive shoulder filling out the shirt. this is one of those moments where you have to touch it to believe the size. and when i did, the firmness of the muscle just excited me more.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9acd32]-i used to be able to look down directly at my feet. well, the pec shelf sticks out so far that i can't anymore. this i love beyond belief. the skinny boy is gone forever because the bodybuilder has taken up residence in me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9acd32]-the mirror. occasionally i catch a look of myself and see some new bulging. like forearms.....the outer high ridge of the forearm is so dam sexy. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9acd32]-trying on clothes is a new experience. when i try on shirts i bring plenty to the changing room. anything properly sized looks great on me now. i fill out the shirt with all the big muscle. i'm tempted to rip a shirt in the changing room someday, just by "accident".[/COLOR]
  #79   Add to SE16guy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:24 PM

SE16guy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to SE16guy Send a message via Skype™ to SE16guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post
Sometimes you realize how far you've come when you see the "before" you working out. Today this skinny guy was in the weight room wearing the same blue muscle shirt as me but he was me forty pounds ago. I felt like telling him to keep at it. To keep lifting progressively heavier and eat, eat, eat. That way he would muscle up like I did. How egocentric is that?

I caught him glancing my way when I was doing tricep pushdowns and triceps (as you know) can really pump up huge in a muscle shirt. I don't know if I should have said anything or not. Would it have been encouraging or just self congratulatory?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...4&id=594635851
wow sounds inspiring I would have loved the advice and admired you too
  #80   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:52 PM
DaBigGuy1

Had a couple of "When You Notice" moments this weekend, and they are always a treat for me as it is one of the best motivators for me when i hit the gym.

The latest one was today. I was in a major electronics store looking for computer peripherals and really not paying much attention to the crowds as I tend to focus when it comes to computers and computer parts and I rarely really see any serious muscle in computer stores....why is that? Well, that is my observation anyway. So, as I am approaching the long lines at the checkout around the corner comes this HUGE Jay Cutler sized bodybuilder. Now I am no shrinking violet at all, but this guy was immense! So I stand in line behind him and of course I am just lookng and assessing his physique.....thick traps, great traps/shoulder tie-ins, wide shoulders and thick lats tapering down to waist. Waist a TINY bit thick and I figured his physique more of a powerlifter turned bodybuilder physique. Very VERY nice off-season thick muscle look (and a GREAT view to boot!) And also, he looked familiar to me as well.

Then it dawned on me that he would keep looking back towards me like he was looking at items in the stands next to me (those little items that entice you to buy them as you are waiting to check out), and he was peering back and forth. And then I figured that he was assessing me as well. Not uncommon at all. So, I finally asked him "excuse me, sir, but did you used to work out at Metro Gym?". And he smiled and said "yes, but that was some time ago". And I told him that I remember seeing him there and I'm lousy with names but great with faces. He smiles and then introduces himself, we shake hands and then we talk about training and his multiple injuries from lifting but how he still wants to maintain and gain more size. As we stand to the side and talk, I noticed guys walking by and stealing glances at us as we are talking.

Once it was time to check out, he told me where he trained and how great it was there and that I should look into it. I agreed and we parted company. Made for a great afternoon encounter and an ever better workout motivator tonight!

Ron III---III

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options