The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #121   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2009, 11:32 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Good Job Hulk2be!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #122   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:03 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Fine work and thrilling experience to report.
  #123   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
I have been lifting regularly since April. It's pretty much the first time I've lifted weights regularly ever...I finally got tired of how thing my torso was in particular. I've been doing pretty well, and I've put on 15-20lbs of mostly muscle in the last 7-8 months.

Anyway, one of my work shirts has become so tight, I don't think I'm going to wear it anymore. While I didn't hulk out of it like Hulk2be did (nice one!), it was constraining my movement all day at work. It's always been a bit tight on me, but not like that!

I also had the mirror double-take at the gym for the first time 2 or 3 weeks ago...you know, where you see a pretty big guy out of the corner of your eye in one of the mirrors, and then you realize it's yourself. I love that puffed-up look my torso gets especially when I'm going tris and bis after doing chest and shoulders. =D
  #124   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:16 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad View Post
I also had the mirror double-take at the gym for the first time 2 or 3 weeks ago...you know, where you see a pretty big guy out of the corner of your eye in one of the mirrors, and then you realize it's yourself. I love that puffed-up look my torso gets especially when I'm going tris and bis after doing chest and shoulders. =D

I know that feeling. It's one of those "I hope no one else saw me do that to myself" kind of moment, for me anyways. Now it's I just have to check myself while I workout deal - it's pratically erotic.

Keep on pumping and really puff yourself up. You'll love that feeling that goes with that look.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #125   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:04 AM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
Nice work, Vlad! And thanks for the kind words about my post! I've not had the "who's that muscle guy in the mirror...oh, its me!" experience yet, but I'm sure looking forward to it! For a month or so now, when I'm in the bathroom in the mornings shirtless getting ready for the day, I have been thinking things like "are those bumps really forming on MY body". You're absuolutely right, Ragetiger, erotic is indeed the word for it!
  #126   Add to msclundylvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2009, 12:05 PM

msclundylvr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to msclundylvr Send a message via Skype™ to msclundylvr
Congrats to Hulk on hulking out of his shirt and to Vlad for getting near that point.

I've only been working out for a couple of months now, but I have to say I love the small changes I'm noticing. For example, last night, I was changing for bed and I looked at my legs. They have changed shape! Small changes, but glad they're happening!
  #127   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:08 PM

That is a good feeling, isn't it guys!
  #128   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
So,around another one of these moments.... Being around much bigger guys in my army unit, I don't really realize how big I am. At the moment I am on Vacation in Spain and Portugal. While I am still not tall, I have become very aware that I am much wider and more muscled than I am accustomed to believe. It also helps that everything is so compact.
  #129   Add to Big RR's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM

Big RR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2 View Post
So,around another one of these moments.... Being around much bigger guys in my army unit, I don't really realize how big I am. At the moment I am on Vacation in Spain and Portugal. While I am still not tall, I have become very aware that I am much wider and more muscled than I am accustomed to believe. It also helps that everything is so compact.
I know several hot, huge young and older men who juice in the army including their commanders. Ways around it is all I am saying and although some are so called straight, they still have circle jerks and get off. One young man went to the service I was mentoriing and he was growing huge and I lost contact with him. He was in love with me and a big college jock. I miss him ;-) To bad I was in love with a loser at the time lol! It's been several years and I pray he is okay, still huge and made it back home safely. Single now and wanting a boy like him or better yet, him to grow!
  #130   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
Today I took some progress photos, and compared one to another I took in August.

Needless to say, I am surprised at how dramatic the comparison is.
  #131   Add to Big RR's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:08 PM

Big RR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogr2 View Post
Several guys in the army including their commanders roid! I had a college buddy who after we grew very close and roided up several times, came out to me and told me he loved me before leaving for the army. To bad I was in a relationship with a loser at the time. He called me during the holidays last year and I couldn't talk or take his call because of the jealous ass I was with. Because he used a calling card, I couldn't call him back and we lost touch. I can't find him and miss him. He is not on face book. Anyone who knows how I can find him again to even make sure he is safe please email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Big RR
  #132   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2011, 07:49 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Something new for me today!

Was doing Smith machine military press working on delts- one of my weakest bodyparts and sat there looking at the little bump of my delts as I had both hands on the bar up over my head to start the lift.

I'm not very strong on this one (yet!)- only pyramided up to 150 lbs. x 5, but it's better than I did last time.

But when I sat down for my 4th set and put my arms back up on the bar to begin I could see my delts were noticeably pumped, looking much bigger.

I have enough delt mass to get get a serious pump going! Way cool!

Now if they only stayed that big... sigh.

But I'm focusing on trying 160 next delt workout.

bulkybud
  #133   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:36 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkybud View Post

But when I sat down for my 4th set and put my arms back up on the bar to begin I could see my delts were noticeably pumped, looking much bigger.

I have enough delt mass to get get a serious pump going! Way cool!

Now if they only stayed that big... sigh.

But I'm focusing on trying 160 next delt workout.

bulkybud
Way to go, bulkybud! Focus on the fact that you now have enough delt mass to get a great pump. Keep good form and adding weight and the non-pumped size will be something to excite you, too.
  #134   Add to DarkM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:16 PM

DarkM is on a distinguished road
Talking

I noticed recently that I can't fit my legs into my boxer shorts anymore without some discomfort. My legs are 25" around, not that big but enough that I need to make the little change. So from now on I'm going to wear briefs as they are more comfortable.
My brother in law also mentioned that my chest has gotten big. He compared an old FB pic of me to me now. Around the middle of my chest measures 43.5."
Both events are a nice reminder that my efforts are working.
  #135   Add to rockhard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2011, 06:57 PM

rockhard is on a distinguished road
Trouble buying clothes that fit.

Well I have finally gotten to the point where I have a real problem trying find a sports jacket that fits.

If I try on a 44, which is usually the largest size that most stores carry (ie Banana Republic, J Crew, etc) it's just too small.

Specifically, and joyfully, I can't get my arm into the sleeves. The sleeves are usually so small and tight that I can't get my arms all the way in. If I do manage to get my arms into a jacket labeled XL, the arms and shoulders are snug and it fits tight across the top. The other problem is that there is too much room around the waist. (see my recent post in "when others notice"). I bought two sports coats recently sized 46 just so that they would fit in the arms, chest shoulders. Then I had to spend a small fortune to have them tailored so that they weren't swimming around my waist.

Guess this is what I've been wishing for so I shouldn't complain too much.

Look forward to getting even bigger and having even more problems. LOL!
  #136   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 21st, 2011, 06:25 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhard View Post
Well I have finally gotten to the point where I have a real problem trying find a sports jacket that fits.

Guess this is what I've been wishing for so I shouldn't complain too much.

Look forward to getting even bigger and having even more problems. LOL!
Congratulations, big man! Looking forward to hearing more about your "problems."
  #137   Add to tardisdr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:19 PM

tardisdr is on a distinguished road
hulking out

today i was trying on jeans at a clothing store when i tried to tie my shoes i hulked out of my jeans in the butt and crotch... a little sad and a little hot...they were my favorite pair..
  #138   Add to FRNKPBDY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 24th, 2011, 04:30 AM

FRNKPBDY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FRNKPBDY
When You Notice

I'd been lifting for about 2 years when I had my first bit of positive feedback. I noticed my shirts were getting a bit tighter and I intended to get some new ones. I was out at a warehouse store picking up something and as I reached up to grab it, I split the seam in my shirt. The sound it made was pretty impressive and I could actually feel my shoulder and upper arm push through the fabric! As I walked through the store to the check out, the best thing was the looks I was getting from people--especially women!!! Who says bodybuilding isn't worth it?
  #139   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2011, 05:29 AM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
wow KRK really hot !!! next time take the shirt off!
  #140   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2011, 09:39 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big RR View Post
Several guys in the army including their commanders roid! I had a college buddy who after we grew very close and roided up several times, came out to me and told me he loved me before leaving for the army. To bad I was in a relationship with a loser at the time. He called me during the holidays last year and I couldn't talk or take his call because of the jealous ass I was with. Because he used a calling card, I couldn't call him back and we lost touch. I can't find him and miss him. He is not on face book. Anyone who knows how I can find him again to even make sure he is safe please email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Big RR
Have you tried searching using the White Pages system?
  #141   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2011, 09:09 PM

saab is on a distinguished road
Had to go back to button up shirts @ work. It Has been 9 months since I last wore them. Out of the 7 shirts I had only two didn't look like I was about to bust out of them, and they were a 18" neck. So off to Macy's only to find out my neck was now almost 20" and they didn't carry a shirt that large! I had gained almost 30lbs, sitting at 250 now. Can't wait to grow out of the new shirts I did find tonight!
  #142   Add to hyooge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Do more deadlifts

hyooge is on a distinguished road
I used to do a "Watch Me Grow" thread a few years back, but sadly, I never seem to find the time to update it. But I still visit the site regularly and it's a huge source of inspiration for me.

Since 2008, I've actually grown a lot - despite switching jobs twice and generally working like a maniac. These days I'm at about 215-220 (swings back and forth), 17" arms, 45" chest, 27" thighs, 17.5" calves. Still completely natural, and leaner than I used to be. Dialing in my diet was what really did it for me.

At the gym, I usually work out alone, as none of my friends are into BB'ing at all. But last month I signed up for "Crossfit" - really just a way to have some variety. It's a high-intensity program of weights and cardio. People train for strength - not size - so some guys are very ripped in my class, but no one is really big. I'm not the strongest guy in the class, but I'm far and away the most muscular one.

As my muscles have gotten bigger, I've definitely become less inhibited about showing them. And crossfit has been a total trip for me, as they have an "anything goes" dress code. My first day was about three weeks ago. I came in wearing a string tank top, spandex triathlon shorts, no shoes. The entire class was staring at me like "who the f--- is this guy" - it was enough to make me blush. But man, what a charge. A big part of the class involves doing a movement while everyone else looks on. And man, I've never felt so muscular and powerful in my life. Squatting 300lb for reps, muscles bulging in all directions while a room of 10 people look on at me. I could see myself in the mirror across the room and for a moment couldn't believe that it was actually me. After dreaming of it and working torwards it, I had finally become that strong, muscled man that I wanted to be. I now can't WAIT to hit up my classes twice a week.

I'm not Phil Heath or anything, I'm not on gear, and I have a real job that's pretty demanding. It's hard work to build yourself up naturally, but man, it's experiences like this that make it all worth it.
  #143   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2011, 03:42 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Great story, Hyooge -- new pix please!

xoxo

Richard
  #144   Add to musclover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2011, 04:42 PM

musclover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclover
I agree with arpeejay! Let's get that "Watch me Grow" thread back up and running!
  #145   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2011, 05:52 AM
MASS Matters

Congrats, Hyooge...glad to hear that even though you've been too busy to update your growth thread that your training continues successfully! Hope you will find some time for some updated pics soon.
  #146   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2011, 08:05 AM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
hey, there hyooge, sounds like you've turned into a total alpha male! keep up the good work.

my new website: www.falseyedee.com

my new ebook, a short story, is available at amazon.com. all my books are at at amazon.com as both paperbacks and kindle ebooks:
http://astore.amazon.com/muscleficti...ail/1452858519

for nook users, all 3 of my short story collections are available as nook ebooks!

my first 3 books are available as PDF files at gumroad.com.

www.musclefiction.com
www.falseyedee.com
  #147   Add to Jaekel's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM

Jaekel is on a distinguished road
Motivation.

Had to buy a new winter coat due to last year's being too tight around the shoulders, and will have to return all my gifts of clothes because I am larger than my family anticipated (much bigger than last year).

Best part, my mother said upon being presented with my gifts: "You might need to try those on... They might not fit - you've gotten huge up top."

Ah... Instant Motivation! Here's to needing bigger stuf next year.
  #148   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 4th, 2012, 04:53 PM

I went to exchang a couple robes I bought somebody for a gift because they were too big (bought too big on bad advice) and as I explaned to the cashier as to why I grabbed the bottom of my left arm and realized that my hand doesn't even fit half way around my upper arm (and just barely halfway around my forearm )...................and I haven't lifted in nearly two months!

Didn't realize they were that big
  #149   Add to Jaekel's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:59 PM

Jaekel is on a distinguished road
Motivation.

Officially ripped a shirt. I think it is time to finally get a gym membership and start the growth in earnest - there is only so much bands can do.
  #150   Add to powerlifter938's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2012, 01:22 AM

powerlifter938 is on a distinguished road
its been kind of hot starting to feel my chest squeeze and flex as i move on its own... guess it means theres something there i was in the car the other day after a chest workout and could not believe what i was feeling under my shirt! it was amazing. heres a video update

#151   Add to musclover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:16 AM

musclover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclover
You're looking great, powerlifter! Keep up the good work!
  #152   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:03 AM

The past couple years have been the biggest gains and I can tell because I haven't had to wear a shirt/tie in over 2 years. When I did hang up the dress shirts back then they were a 18" neck. I'm going back to having to wear neck ties, went to the store to have my neck measured cause the 18" shirts were no where close to fitting- measured out to 20.5"! So I had to buy the 21". Biggest shirt they carriy is 22"- can't wait till I'm buying those!! Won't be long Dress pants were another issue! The pants I owned wouldn't go around my thighs and rear. Just glad your feet don't get larger when you workout- already enough trouble finding 14's as it is.
  #153   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:02 AM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Saab, you beast! 21" neck, big thighs and butt, 14" feet! Ahh, the visuals!
  #154   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2012, 05:16 AM

Ha! not 14" feet but size 14US. 'O' did a muscle makeover for me- basically trimming me up- I have the traps, shoulders and pecs- somewhat on the arms...not near the abs. It's on the last page in 'O's musclemakeover page under morphs. Goal is to gain another 20-30lbs then trim up...sitting at 262lbs as of a few minutes ago.
  #155   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:10 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
hi saab,
O's drawing is nice, but how about a pic of the real you?
  #156   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Duh, I meant to put size 14 and not 14". Imagine that, 14 feet/inches.

If you resemble the drawing then you have a thick frame.
  #157   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:55 AM

How do i post a pic?
  #158   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:19 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
you upload it to some picture sharing site (such as imageshack.us), and post a link by using the 'post picture' button above .
  #159   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:10 PM

well i tried to upload a photo. i'm so un technical it's rediculous. tried imageshack and image too large. i can't resize it for some reason. now whut
  #160   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM

maybe this works...

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9389/saabw.png

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text