The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #81   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:27 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Talking This might be a problem come winter.............

My little SUV is a 4wd that actually uses a lever operated transfercase to shift in and out of 4wd and has a full time selection that is like kinda like a non computer controled AWD system. Now normally I prefer using that option but the front u-joints are starting to get tired so I put it back in 2wd a couple months ago and only use 4wd when the weather is bad enough to make it easier to drive when slick out until Dad and I can get those swapped out. We had some pretty heavy rains here in Chicagoland today and I figured that 4wd would be good to use on the drive home. Well I pull the lever back into full time and then notice a not so slight problem.....the lever and my right leg seem to want to occupy some of the same space now and I don't remember this being much of a problem in the past

Apparently my quads are now big enough that using 4wd on this truck might be a problem if I want to drive it comfortably as well Oh well I guess there could be worse problems to have........
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #82   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:54 AM

saab is on a distinguished road
That reminds me - the other day i went to the gym and was meeting my training buddy. we parked beside each other and when he arrived we started towards the door, then i realized i forgot my weight belt. i ran back to my truck, thinking i had unlocked the passenger door I grabbed the handle and pulled it out of the door! my buds mouth just dropped open as i started cussing- then he says i'm turning into the hulk! that made me feel awesome after the fact.

Another 'when you notice' moment is sleeping. I've put on quite a few pounds in the last few years and as i get larger i notice it's harder to find a comfortable position in bed. laying on my side now is a pain cus my pecs sqeeze together and my shoulders feel a lot heaver and makes it worse. laying on my back is a bitch cus my quads rub together constantly. I have noticed my girlfriend holding my arms while she sleeps a lot more often, but complaining more about my constant turning and moving her!
  #83   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM

Haven't had to worry about that yet, the sheet metal is still pretty solid around my trucks door handles though. I did double check to see how well the handle for the lift gate is attached though (plenty sturdy looking BTW, wish they did that with the P/W&L wiring and HVAC system ), especially since I need to pull the interior panel off of it and tighten the screws that hold it in place back up, it's getting loose enough that it doesn't always want to unlatch when it's hot out.

I've also run across the same issues when laying down on solid surfaces, seems like unless there is some kind of cushion, it's hard to get comfortable.
  #84   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by saab View Post
Another 'when you notice' moment is sleeping. I've put on quite a few pounds in the last few years and as i get larger i notice it's harder to find a comfortable position in bed.
Same here, and I've also been finding that parts of my arms/hands will go numb in the middle of the night depending on what position they're in. Either the circulation or a nerve is getting pinched at the shoulder. Have you also been experiencing those issues?
  #85   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Sleeping on my front or back just does NOT work for me, probably because I have (undiagnosed) sleep apnea. I sleep on one side or the other but I extend my arm out and sorta double up my pillow (my shoulders are broad enough that if I don't get a thick pillow my head winds up drooping down, which is very uncomfortable.)

I'm guessing from a physical therapy / chiropractic point of view it's a goofy way to sleep and recently I suffered a pinched nerve in my neck which made it completely impossible for about 10 days. I'm not sure whether the injury was from working out (I'd done shoulders and upper back the day before it manifested) or from having slept on a mild injury in a problematic fashion.

It took going to PT (and also a Chiro) to get a proper diangosis, plus therapy (heat, massage, traction) and an adjustment that have done wonders. Pain is now intermittent and much less severe, allowing to once again find a comfortable sleeping position. Even so, I still have three numb fingers on my left hand plus numbness / weakness along the middle backside of my left arm, for which I'm doing some additional therapy.

The plus side is that I've adopted a new diet and lost 10 lbs. over the past 2 weeks so I could actually sleep on my stomach (if I weren't prone to suffocate, that is!)

Ah, the joys of (in my case!) middle age!

xoxo

Richard
  #86   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:00 PM

i have noticed the arms going to sleep a lot more often. Seems like it doesn't take but a second for my arm to go numb all the way down to my thumb and forefinger. Couple other things i've noticed; there no way i can reach my back anymore. A full stretch and i can't really reach past my shoulder. And no matter how i trum my head--espicially looking up, I feel my traps pulling or bunching up (probably the coolest feeling next to trying to sleep on my side and my pecs are squeezing together). I love getting bigger!
  #87   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:02 PM

I've run into one of my arms going numb from time to time, mainly first thing in the morning, I kinda figured it was from screwing up my shoulders while working on my cars.
  #88   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:39 PM

I said I was giving up on "P, Dammit, P!" and "S, Dammit, S!" but I'm weak.

Saab, WhoDunIt, DO provide more detail, you big oafs!

xoxo

Richard
  #89   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:04 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Numbness

Well, I used to get all kinds of numbness in both arms, and now it is not a problem. I have no idea why it has stopped...maybe changing my sleeping position from the stomach to the side did the trick, or my nerves just finally gave up!
  #90   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:59 PM

more detail on the numb arms?? well i noticed that if my tricep is being supported up is when the numbing starts to happen. noticed at work today and was resting my arm on top of a file cabinet that it didn't take but a second for the numbing to start. as soon as i shook it out it was cool.
  #91   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab View Post
more detail on the numb arms?? well i noticed that if my tricep is being supported up is when the numbing starts to happen. noticed at work today and was resting my arm on top of a file cabinet that it didn't take but a second for the numbing to start. as soon as i shook it out it was cool.
More detail regarding how tall you are, how much you weigh, and LOTS of pix, silly! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #92   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:10 PM

oh- didn't catch the lingo. sorry- not posting any pics up- im just weird that way! I am, however, 6'2 and approachin 230. I started training a little over 5 years ago serious and started around 230 w a bf% around 27. Trimmed down to about 183 and around 12% and now hovering the 15% bf range as i try to bulk up. My goal is to get to 250 and 8-10%. haven't done any measurments in a looong time- but i wear 34x34 pants and last dress shirts i bought were a snug 18.5" collar. Biggest size i could find in a slim fit- sure beats when i was wearing 17" neck wearing close to 40" waist! Sometimes I find it embarrasing with my body change when people make comments about how much better i loook now than ever. IT's funny how the same weight looks so much different when the fat is swapped for muscle.
  #93   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:02 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Huge Bodybuilders Sleeping

Google, or whatever search you like, sleeping bodybuilders and you will see that Jay Cutler and the other behemoths have about half a dozen pillows positioned around them to make a good night's sleep.

It seems that when you have big, muscular arms or other unusually large developed parts, less-than-normal sleeping arrangements probably will be established to allow for a decent rest.

That's what you have to put up with for having more than normal muscularity.

Of course, you could just settle for being scrawny.

Bulkybud.
  #94   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:12 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Wal-Mart?

I detest shopping at Wal-Mart but needed a couple of necessities yesterday and it was the most convenient location. As I was walking inside, I had to take a call for work. To avoid the extra noise (and possibly have my signal interrupted), I decided to talk outside in a quiet area.

Shortly thereafter, a young muscled guy in a nicely tight tank top comes up from behind me talking on his cell. He looked a good bit like a guy I used to see in my gym---just more jacked now . I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything but I did follow him a bit. He turned back into the store at another entrance.

Still on my call and bumming that I had lost this guy, I notice two high-schoolish guys exiting Wal-Mart. Both were built (think A&F models). The bigger of the two then takes his t-shirt off as they walk to their car. I could only see his back but he sure looked great.

I finally finished my call only to run into the tank top jock again inside. I was in a hurry at this point but enjoyed seeing him an additional time before I left. Sorry for no pics but it definitely made my Wal-Mart experience much better than I expected.

Has anyone else had similar experiences at a surprising spot?
  #95   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
I know this particular post hasn't been touched in a while but I remember reading some stories and thought I wonder when my time would come, well it was yesterday. I was working out doing shoulders and triceps no big deal, it was when I was taking a breather after military presses and was trying to rest both of my hands on my hips like I had done so often in the past that it was hard to do not from being tired but from the size of my back forcing my arms from their determined tasks and even when I did get both hands on my hips at the same time I saw the shoulders and delts stand up at attention, I realizes just how big I've gotten and want it even more, currently around 210 and easily the heaviest I've ever been. I was 145 7 months ago and want to continue on my goal.
  #96   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:31 AM

GTLifter:

Just so you'll know this...

65 lbs. in 7 months is insane! You rock!

xoxo

Richard
  #97   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Yea, congrats!
  #98   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:21 PM

digger is on a distinguished road
Richard is right:that is quite the rapid growth. Well done.
  #99   Add to brawnybiguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:19 AM

brawnybiguy
Send a message via AIM to brawnybiguy Send a message via Yahoo to brawnybiguy
Well someone has to say it....

Pics damn it, pics!
  #100   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
Last year and in the beginning of this year I worked out a lot and buffed up a bit, but I got sick in the spring and lost a lot of weight around 15kg(33 pounds). I didn't lift weights in the last 6 months but I noticed that as I got better I started gaining weight (I gained 10kg until today) and even I regain some of my muscle mass(as well as some fat) even though I didn't worked out which was very shocking to me. Even my friends are noticing that I look much better then in the previous months. I started to work out last month so hopefully I will improve my body in the upcoming months.
Here are some todays photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3384811...7622617444981/

Last edited by wolfman; November 5th, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
  #101   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
Looking FANTASTIC wolfman. You are gonna gain back those loses easily. And looking like this now, you are gonna be a monster when you gain the mass. Good luck, and great to read you are back in the gym.
  #102   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Very nice indeed!

xoxo

Richard
  #103   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:20 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Oh my...and to think you'll only get bigger and better in the coming months!
  #104   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:46 PM

digger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notbigenuff View Post
Oh my...and to think you'll only get bigger and better in the coming months!
Can we rely on you to document it? You really are restarting with a fantastic base. I agree you could be huge!
  #105   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2009, 10:29 PM

If that's how you look now, can't wait to see how you look after a few months!
  #106   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2009, 10:54 PM

Oh, Almost forgot!

Just discovered something last night, I stood in a doorway at home and noticed that when fully relaxed my shoulders are within a few inches of being as wide narrowest part of the door openings and with my arms held at my side the hairs of my arms around my elbows are just grazing the same parts of the opening! After waking up this morning I took a tape measure to the opening and found out that it should be around 29.25" wide which should put me around 26" or so wide at my shoulders
  #107   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2009, 03:13 AM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
thanx. I am looking forward getting more buff and putting some 5-10kg more cause this year when I lost a lot of weight during the time when I was sick I got high school flashbacks when I was very skinny and got teased and bullied often.
  #108   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2009, 05:25 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Holy shit your body is hot!
  #109   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2009, 09:28 AM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Jeez, you look excellent for not working out for half a year. As others said before me, you'll gain that extra muscle back without much fuss.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #110   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:25 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Wolfman

...You should get out and HOWLLLL!

You have Great proportions now: small waist, wide shoulders, big arms.

Keep up the good work!

Mdlftr
  #111   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2009, 11:30 AM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
Oh, Almost forgot!

Just discovered something last night, I stood in a doorway at home and noticed that when fully relaxed my shoulders are within a few inches of being as wide narrowest part of the door openings and with my arms held at my side the hairs of my arms around my elbows are just grazing the same parts of the opening! After waking up this morning I took a tape measure to the opening and found out that it should be around 29.25" wide which should put me around 26" or so wide at my shoulders
I've noticed the same issues here in some of our older base buildings... though, I'm only about 21-22" across. I look forward to it becoming more of "an issue".
  #112   Add to sabretooth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2009, 09:58 AM

sabretooth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sabretooth Send a message via Yahoo to sabretooth
Cool first time

the first time i noticed any size chance, i was at the gym doing curls and i felt my ear phones being pulled down, my biceps had gotten so big they had popped the strap on my iPod arm band. i cant still get it on, but it wont stay for much longer
  #113   Add to alanindy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM

alanindy is on a distinguished road
Wow! Great pics - - good job guy!
  #114   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretooth View Post
the first time i noticed any size chance, i was at the gym doing curls and i felt my ear phones being pulled down, my biceps had gotten so big they had popped the strap on my iPod arm band. i cant still get it on, but it wont stay for much longer
That's always a pain. I placed mine down along the forearm. Least there it won't break loose, it will prolly slide down or worst - the earplug's line getting tangled on a bar or wedged between weights.
  #115   Add to sabretooth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM

sabretooth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sabretooth Send a message via Yahoo to sabretooth
i started doing that now, but it always slips down to my wrist, ive got pretty big forearms compared to my wrists.

an i went to button up a shirt i havent worn in a while and it felt tighter, i flexed my chest and the fabric stretched and started to pull the buttons appart
  #116   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:36 PM

That is a nice feeling, I've got shirts that are all 2x but some are loose and some aren't all that loose. I tried one of the grocery store bllod preasure testers a few months back and I couldn't even get my arm elbow deep into it!
  #117   Add to irish muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM

irish muscle is on a distinguished road
I first noticed...

I was at the gym the other day, later than usual so it was really quiet, around 11am and was doing bicep routine in mirror, i was mid curl when I moved aside to let a person pass and caught sight of my bicep in the mirror, almost dropped the dumbell, I looked BIG!!! Sneakily flexed like mad when noone looking!
I was so turned on I had to go to the locker room and shoot a load to calm down, i love the changes in my body can't wait to be even bigger.
  #118   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:11 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
When I hit the gym I wear a stretch shirt with a loose fit muscle shirt. I have three colors (grey, black, dark-blue), each of which expresses a different group of muscles. Grey for my arms, black show off shoulders and back, dark blue for chest and core.

Least I finally got over being spooked when I watch myself doing some exercises. Overhead cable curls, I kinda have to watch myself along with assisted chin-ups. Still working on hitting the outer head of the bicep to make them more balanced. Hoping to hit 16 inches unflex by end of year - half inch to go ^^v
  #119   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:56 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
The Post Office delivers! :)

Doing work around the house today and minding my own business when around the corner of my house pops the mailman. And he wasn't my regular mailman, oh no! I see walking up to me this heavily muscled mailman whose thighs looked like he was about to burst out of his pants. For a nano-second I was taken aback as I am used to seeing my regular mailman, and then I said hello to him. He says hello and I say to him "well, this is definitely an alternate way for you to get your cardio in eh?" He just chuckles and says "oh yeah!" We talk for a brief second about where we train, what did he do to my old mailman and after the quick acquaintance we went about our business.

I have NEVER seen a mailman so huge and built (UPS doesn't count as I have seen a few muscled guys there..)

In any case, it makes the mail delivery here much more intriguing and enjoyable!

Ron III---III
  #120   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
I finally had a "when you notice" experience that would have been impossible to not notice! I wear long sleeve, button down shirts on a daily basis, and there are still a few older (and smaller) ones that I use for everyday wear, as opposed to nicer shirts that are special occasion shirts.

Anyway, I have noticed over the past few weeks how the older shirts were starting to feel tighter, but I figured they still had plenty of life left in them. Well yesterday morning, I'm getting ready for work, one of the older shirts happened to be next in line, so on it went. I then go into the washroom to comb my hair, raise my arm behind my head, and R-I-P!!

Since this was an older and smaller shirt, I don't think I'll be bursting out of any more clothes anytime soon, but man, it sure thrilled me!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options