The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #161   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:32 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
Whoa dude you are huge! Those traps are ridiculous, and your arm look big and solid. Nice pic!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #162   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Saab, you are big and impressive man! Keep posting!
  #163   Add to iluvmassivemusl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Big C

iluvmassivemusl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to iluvmassivemusl
wow

your neck, holy crap your neck, I want to make sweet monkey love to that body, and then, let's get to know each other
  #164   Add to saab's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:41 AM

saab is on a distinguished road
Glad I got this picture thing figured out! Thanks for the complements. I have a long way to go before I reach my goals.

Probably my favorite pic here;

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4835/scalea.jpg

Can't wait till that reads 310!

Couple more photos.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5813/1saab.png

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8736/5saab.png

My neck and traps must be my best growing body part. Figure I can get my neck to 24" since that's about the largest shirt size I found! Not far to go....now only if my arms and calves matched.
  #165   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:11 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Nice work Saab keep up the hard work man
  #166   Add to annoyingone's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:26 AM

annoyingone is on a distinguished road
Been working out harder than ever since school got out and I can already see a difference in my chest and glutes.
  #167   Add to amauiguy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Growing

amauiguy is on a distinguished road
It's great hearing about people's experiences and seeing the progress pics.

I like it even more when I notice new things about my own progress.
After being a skinny guy, it nice to suddenly notice that my growing triceps are starting to bump up against my growing lats when I move my arms. Also, love the feeling of putting on a shirt that used to be pretty baggy and now it's feeling tighter in places.

The best thing was yesterday a long-time friend said "Hey, look at those arms! They can barely fit in your sleeves!" Sure, the shirt was a typical medium that I usually wear, but getting to the point of outgrowing it is excellent! (no, sorry, not quite big enough to hulk-out of it yet, but working on it!)
  #168   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:38 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
My old Jeep has been developing age related issues and is in need of some repair of late, but I've been hesitant to sell it since it is a good overall truck and the 4wd is nice to have when needed. Because of those issues and gas mileage I recently bought a new car and been driving that on a regular basis instead instead. Prior to that purchase, I was begining to think the power steering pump was starting to die, but it never got overly difficult to steer either, so I thought it just might have been low on fluid until I checked that after buying the new car and found that was fine. I went out with my father in it the other day and realized, man the steering is aweful stiff on here! Looks like I'd been muscling that thing around corners for a while now and just never noticed it being all that bad. Kinda has me wondering how well I'd have been able to steer it prior to getting into lifting!
  #169   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2012, 05:30 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
I?ve heard (and used) remarks related to taking advantage of workout guys by making them help you move. But a couple weeks ago I did help someone move and I gotta tell ya how much easier it was since I have gotten bigger and stronger. There was absolutely nothing that I couldn?t lift! It was great.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim USA For This Useful Post:
bbgonnabe (October 27th, 2012)
  #170   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:29 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
My father, who is about as non-supportive when it comes to bodybuilding, as he can be, recently gave me a big compliment. He took my arm for help in getting over a patch of even ground. He goes, "Whoa! Your arms are getting big! Have you been working out?" Me: mumble mumble..."Yeah, twice a week for at least two years now." Him: Wow!

That's it -- no snarky remarks, no "oh don't hurt yourself" comments.

A major win!

Parents -- can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!
  #171   Add to powerlifter938's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2012, 11:03 PM

powerlifter938 is on a distinguished road
i had an itch the other day where my shoulder meets my chest... as i was scratching, i realized two things.

1) the muscle there was flexed too make scratching easier.
2) there was enough muscle there to flex
  #172   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post
I?ve heard (and used) remarks related to taking advantage of workout guys by making them help you move. But a couple weeks ago I did help someone move and I gotta tell ya how much easier it was since I have gotten bigger and stronger. There was absolutely nothing that I couldn?t lift! It was great.
Fun isn't it! I enjoy it when they leave the heavy stuff for me because they can't lift it!
  #173   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2012, 11:00 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
this morning when i was getting dressed i put on a shirt that i hadn't worn in months and boy was it tight! but what was shocking was when i looked up in the mirror. i looked like the stay puff marshmallow man stuffed in a leotard! i mean i've been noticing how nicely i've been filling out lately but i just tried on what i thought was my smallest tee shirt the other day and i didn't look like that. i think i have a slight case of bigorexia because there was no way i was going to go out in public with all of those bumps and bulges on full display like that, so i spent the next 5 minutes trying to get the shirt off without ripping it..... or panicking. i think i have a nice souvenir.
  #174   Add to wolverhampton's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:35 AM

wolverhampton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus View Post
this morning when i was getting dressed i put on a shirt that i hadn't worn in months and boy was it tight! but what was shocking was when i looked up in the mirror. i looked like the stay puff marshmallow man stuffed in a leotard! i mean i've been noticing how nicely i've been filling out lately but i just tried on what i thought was my smallest tee shirt the other day and i didn't look like that. i think i have a slight case of bigorexia because there was no way i was going to go out in public with all of those bumps and bulges on full display like that, so i spent the next 5 minutes trying to get the shirt off without ripping it..... or panicking. i think i have a nice souvenir.
Should take a photo for us!
  #175   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:40 AM
In Serious Mode

I finally had to wear a suit twice in two days with a internship interview on Thursday and a friend's commissioning ceremony Friday (military thing), the Thursday interview went well although the top button definitely wouldn't button on a 19 inch dress shirt neck lol so had to work with that and wear a tie. Not fun.

While the yesterday was eventful had to work around downtown to find where the ceremony was happening had the building name but there were 4 possible places in there it could have been held on campus. This whole time my thigh and rear are getting pumped up from moving around so much I make it through the whole day lunch with friends after the ceremony, walking up and down stairs till I get to my car and I go to get in my car and boom, it's like a shotgun going off my pants leg rips and not a little rip a huge fucking hole from my legs being way too big and pumped for hte pant leg.

At first I was pissed but part of me was like holy shit that just happened. I'm a monster
  #176   Add to abcd123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 4th, 2012, 07:27 AM

abcd123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to abcd123 Send a message via Yahoo to abcd123 Send a message via Skype™ to abcd123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTlifter View Post
I finally had to wear a suit twice in two days with a internship interview on Thursday and a friend's commissioning ceremony Friday (military thing), the Thursday interview went well although the top button definitely wouldn't button on a 19 inch dress shirt neck lol so had to work with that and wear a tie. Not fun.

While the yesterday was eventful had to work around downtown to find where the ceremony was happening had the building name but there were 4 possible places in there it could have been held on campus. This whole time my thigh and rear are getting pumped up from moving around so much I make it through the whole day lunch with friends after the ceremony, walking up and down stairs till I get to my car and I go to get in my car and boom, it's like a shotgun going off my pants leg rips and not a little rip a huge fucking hole from my legs being way too big and pumped for hte pant leg.

At first I was pissed but part of me was like holy shit that just happened. I'm a monster
I'm just surprised it lasted that long, and that the whole thing didn't just explode clean off of you.
  #177   Add to TopHeavy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM

TopHeavy is on a distinguished road
I've taken to training at lunchtimes. I'm getting such good pumps that it's getting difficult to wash under my arms after my workout. I'm enjoying stuffing myself back into my work shirts and walking back to the office with my sleeves tight on my arms and my shirt bulging at the front.
  #178   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
I don't know how you can find shirts to stuff your pecs in TopHeavy.
  #179   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Really should learn to not wear a sleeved shirt when doing arms. Don't care if it was a stretch shirt. Felt loose at first, but that changed once I got my arms routine started. It's probably the Hemo Rage Black Ultra-Concentrated that helped, but it's fun to watch my arms fight against the material. Still waiting for the day I rip a seam on the shirt.

Had a seam rip on my spandex shorts while I was on a leg day last week. Not sure if it was from the squats or leg press. Didn't really notice it till I got home. Bout a 2 inch tear along the seam on the inner thigh right leg. Proud of myself.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragetiger For This Useful Post:
worshipper (November 24th, 2012)
  #180   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2012, 06:47 AM
In Serious Mode

So today started off in a good/ bad way my mother wanted me to try on all my dress shirts because of my new internship I have to get a couple more shirts and slacks, there were some shirts that were obviously too small and I didn't try them on. I had a few that fit, the most interesting one was a shirt I thought I would fit which tells me how small I still view myself but I tried it on and I barely got it on. It was tight everywhere and I dare not even try to button it up as if they could reach from across my chest.

I tried to take it off, I suddenly had a look of fear. It was stuck on me, like my shoulders and arms, I was alone by now and no one to help me. So I did the only thing I could I pull it tighter and flexed out of it, it ripped enough in the arm and shoulder areas that I could take it off. God that shirt is no more. It was fun and scary at the same time
  #181   Add to reborndragon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:16 AM

reborndragon is on a distinguished road
That could be a story lol... Man cursed to outgrow anything he tries on.
  #182   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
I tried to take it off, I suddenly had a look of fear. It was stuck on me, like my shoulders and arms, I was alone by now and no one to help me. So I did the only thing I could I pull it tighter and flexed out of it, it ripped enough in the arm and shoulder areas that I could take it off. God that shirt is no more. It was fun and scary at the same time
giggle snort!

Thanks for the fun visual!

xoxo

richard
  #183   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2012, 09:11 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So today started off in a good/ bad way my mother wanted me to try on all my dress shirts because of my new internship I have to get a couple more shirts and slacks, there were some shirts that were obviously too small and I didn't try them on. I had a few that fit, the most interesting one was a shirt I thought I would fit which tells me how small I still view myself but I tried it on and I barely got it on. It was tight everywhere and I dare not even try to button it up as if they could reach from across my chest.

and no camera to record the fun of hulking out of a tight shirt.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #184   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
Quote:

oh man this is something I want to do myself. I keep holding off cuz I wanna really be a BEAST the day I do this. hopefully after my bulk this winter I'll gain the size needed to do a hulk out. but yea man, that's awesome. Must have been such a RUSH haha
  #185   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2012, 02:39 PM
In Serious Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodoria21 View Post
oh man this is something I want to do myself. I keep holding off cuz I wanna really be a BEAST the day I do this. hopefully after my bulk this winter I'll gain the size needed to do a hulk out. but yea man, that's awesome. Must have been such a RUSH haha
It was a rush man but it allows me to know how big I am just a bit more
  #186   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:00 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborndragon View Post
That could be a story lol... Man cursed to outgrow anything he tries on.
Don't see why not, I've read some pretty damn hot breast expansion stories along those lines. A muscle growth story like that should be equally hot!
  #187   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM

Each year we have a labor Day picnic for the family. The teen guys have always had a good time showing off to each other how they have grown, muscle and strength wise over the past year. This past year one of the guys, Josh, gained over 20 pounds of muscle and had a huge growth spurt. He had a great time wrestling with his cousins, showing off his strength. Last year he was one of the weakest, but this year was the strongest by far. Testosterone is amazing stuff. He was bragging that he is now stronger than his father, Mark. In my family most of the young guys are stronger than their fathers, since the only weight most of their fathers lift are beer mugs. But Mark keeps in shape so is pretty strong. Anyway, one of the kids told Josh to prove he was stronger than his dad! So he walked over to his dad, asked if it was OK and then picked him up off the ground, carried him to the edge of the pool and threw him in. In the mean time Mark was struggling to break free, but didn't have the strength to break free from his sons arms. Considering his dad weighs over 200 pounds it was a pretty good demo of how strong Josh had gotten in the past year! Of course the next test is to try and beat me. None of them have been able to, probably since I'm stronger than any two of them combined. But he gave it his best shot. I grabbed his hands and kept him from moving his arms causing him to knee me in the abs to try and get me to losen my grip. He quickly realized the only thing that was hurting was his knee.

Last edited by stronguns; September 13th, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Big RR (October 30th, 2012)
  #188   Add to wrestlejock646's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:25 PM

wrestlejock646 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wrestlejock646
Please invite me to next year's Labor Day picnic. I'd gladly go as a long-lost relative just to see these guys in action!
  #189   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlejock646 View Post
Please invite me to next year's Labor Day picnic. I'd gladly go as a long-lost relative just to see these guys in action!
It's fun! Plus it's neat to see their improvement from year to year!
  #190   Add to retro500's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM

retro500 is on a distinguished road
Hi guys, I'm doing the last few weeks followed by a bodybuilder personal trainer. The results are really good, finally see the large veins in my arms and triceps are literally exploded. For the first time the abs are visible. The only negative things: stretch marks between arm and chest muscles, and shirts: all to buy bigger!
I will update you on the progress in the coming weeks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retro500 For This Useful Post:
Big RR (October 30th, 2012), stronguns (November 4th, 2012)
  #191   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:00 PM

Was just thinking about my college days. My roommate wasn't in the best of shape and somewhat envious of my physique, especially my abs. He started exercising each night before he went to bed. Gradually the weight dropped off. I wasn't paying much attention to the changes in him until one night he decided to get a shower after exercising. He took his shirt off and there in front of me stood a guy with a visible 6-pack and also a pretty decent set of pecs and a visible 3 head triceps as a result of many push ups. I was impressed with the changes. As he stood there talking to me he kept tightening and releasing his abs so I would see how well developed they had gotten. Thankfully he left just before I lost it in my shorts. It was a "cruel" thing to do to me! He made sure I looked at least once a week from then on. We had occasional pose-downs in front of the mirror in our room. I was maybe 20 pounds heavier with much less body fat so it gave him an incentive to work harder. By the end of the year he had gotten pretty muscular and had low enough body fat that there were some visible veins on his upper arms and abs. I tried to get him to lift weights, but he preferred to just use his body weight. He asked me to punch him in the stomach to see if he could take a punch. I agreed but only if I could use a boxing glove. With my bare knuckles I was afraid I would really hurt him. I punched him twice and saw by the expression on his face that I should stop. Yet he was quite pleased that he could take 2 punches from me. I never told him that I held back quite a bit... I asked if he would do the same to me. He hurt his hand on the first punch so we decided to leave it at that.

Last edited by stronguns; October 30th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
Big RR (October 30th, 2012), jtchef (November 9th, 2012), retro500 (November 5th, 2012)
  #192   Add to bigun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:27 PM

bigun is on a distinguished road
Was looking back at some stats when I first started lifting, and noticed that I've gained 5 inches on my arms in 3 years, going from 13.5 inches to 18.5 inches - next stop 20+ inches!

Also I've become that guy who flexes in the gym mirrors between sets, reveling in the swelling of my muscles without caring who notices (the more people the better). In the beginning I never would have dreamed I would be "that mirror guy." Enjoying the new found feelings of expressing aggression, sometimes audibly through loud grunts. Muscle is awesome, I need more.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigun For This Useful Post:
CreatineBoy (November 4th, 2012), retro500 (November 2nd, 2012), stronguns (November 4th, 2012)
  #193   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigun View Post
Was looking back at some stats when I first started lifting, and noticed that I've gained 5 inches on my arms in 3 years, going from 13.5 inches to 18.5 inches - next stop 20+ inches!

Also I've become that guy who flexes in the gym mirrors between sets, reveling in the swelling of my muscles without caring who notices (the more people the better). In the beginning I never would have dreamed I would be "that mirror guy." Enjoying the new found feelings of expressing aggression, sometimes audibly through loud grunts. Muscle is awesome, I need more.
I know how you feel. I'll see my reflection in a pane of glass or mirror and wonder who that person is. Can't possibly be me, then I'll flex a tricep, a bicep or my chest and see someone looking. But for me it's more than the size increase it's the strength. I've at least tripled my strength in the 10 years since I was 20... and back then people were telling me how strong I was. Look at me now...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
bigun (November 6th, 2012), jtchef (January 12th, 2013), retro500 (November 5th, 2012)
  #194   Add to jtravel29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM

jtravel29 is on a distinguished road
Don't post much - but at the gym today a guy I've seen there a few times:

Just big - 6'5 - 6'8" (+?) and not one of those skinnier basketball players build but this guy instead had: huge shoulders, huge chest, huge arms.

To stand next to him while he's doing arms and I was doing shoulder dumbbell lifts - just amazing to see how huge he is.

Imagine what the growth rate was - did he suddenly at age 15 suddenly go 6'+ and then 15 years old just keep growing.
  #195   Add to wesman123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:39 PM

wesman123 is on a distinguished road
ow old was this tall guy?
  #196   Add to jtravel29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM

jtravel29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman123 View Post
ow old was this tall guy?
25 - 30 ??
  #197   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:54 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
I posted earlier in the "when others notice" thread, but had to post here, too. I have a job interview tomorrow and discovered that all of my dress pants are too large. This isn't a surprise, because all of my jeans are too large, and all but one of my belts are too large.

So, today I went clothes shopping for the first time in months.

Old pants size: 44-46 (44 was getting tight)
New pants size: 36 (straight cut, too, not the relaxed-fit "says 36 but is really 40" cut)

I normally hate trying on clothes, but today I had to try on as many jeans and dress pants as I could, even though I found the pair I ended up buying on the first try. I also bought a new belt, so now I have two!
The Following User Says Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
jtchef (January 12th, 2013)
  #198   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus View Post
...today I went clothes shopping for the first time in months.

Old pants size: 44-46 (44 was getting tight)
New pants size: 36 (straight cut, too, not the relaxed-fit "says 36 but is really 40" cut)
Great progress, Magus.
It's always terrifying when one is losing weight, and you want to be huge and buff, but it's so gratifying when you're fitting into smaller waist sizes and your muscles are still bulging and you feel strong.

BIG TIM
  #199   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:21 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Absolutely. I'm -loving- the shape of my shoulders when I flex, so I can't complain about that, and when I'm lying in bed at night, I like to flex and feel where my abs are coming in, something I've never experienced before. Things like this will keep my motivation high while I cut.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
retro500 (January 12th, 2013)
  #200   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:04 PM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Arms Feeling Tight

I've been working arms heavier than I ever have before and been eating like a pig and tonight, while sitting at the computer, the skin around my arms is feeling tight.

So I did a quick measure and my unpumped arm measures 18 and 3/4 inches, a personal best. Now I will admit it's a fat arm- that nice long vein down the bicep only shows up when it's pumped.

But my arm workout poundage is more than it's ever been, my arms are bigger than they've ever been, and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

And tomorrow's arm day in the gym.

bulkybud
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
Shelby (January 12th, 2013), stronguns (January 27th, 2013), vlad (January 12th, 2013)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options