The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to costaud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:48 AM

costaud is on a distinguished road
Metabolic diet

I am reading about and considering going on the Metabolic diet (Di Pasquale), but i have to say I'm a bit concerned about the fat contents it requires daily. Is anyone here on this diet or have tried it? Mind sharing your experiences/thoughts?

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:29 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
I am presently on a version of this diet, its high protein, fairly high fat and lots of fresh green vegetables for carb sources. The fat content is necessary and it goes along with the high protein, the key is it must be accompanied by high intensity training, the rest of the diet is light on the starches and simple sugars.
  #3   Add to kevinjones1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:26 PM

kevinjones1 is on a distinguished road
There are two branches of this system. One of these branches, the sympathetic nervous system, is often referred to as the "fight or flight" branch.If you are confident that you can adopt low carb lifestyle, then you can start with a strict low carb measurement phase.
  #4   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2010, 05:11 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
There is no such thing as a holy grail of diets. To say so is foolish and dangerous. No 2 peoples bodies are the same. yes certain things are nessary when we eat but the amounts , minerals etc vary from person to person as much as finger prints do or fast/slow twitch muscle fiber splits. i have seen diets come and go while they have good points they all have some bad parts. I would suggest that you learn and study things firt. there is a lot out ther that only people who have studied nutrition for a living would know. if you need help or advice on certain things let me know.
  #5   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Talking Beware of some diets...

This is SOOOO.... reminds me of this.

#6   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:20 AM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
I have never followed any planned diet, but am having a much better success with regular meals and light snacking in the form of simple vegetables, bread, cooked meat, plus plenty of variety for the official "lunch". Just weigh yourself and intake more if your weight wont change over the course of the week. And of course, dont intake sugar if you can help it.

Maybe thats just me, since everyones eating choices tend to be habitual and not much use of mathematics.
  #7   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEY View Post
There is no such thing as a holy grail of diets. ... No 2 peoples bodies are the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob111 View Post
I have never followed any planned diet, but am having a much better success with regular meals and light snacking in the form of simple vegetables, bread, cooked meat, plus plenty of variety for the official "lunch". ...

Maybe thats just me, since everyones eating choices tend to be habitual and not much use of mathematics.
I concur with these. ^. Personally, over the years I've followed two dietary methods (I really hate the word "diet"). I've followed a primal/caveman/ckd diet, and something like Body For Life/Gladiator Diet. Also, I have metabolic syndrome (insulin resistance, high triglycerides, low HDL, midsection fat); it makes losing weight in any way tough.

I've had only minimal success, except in 2000 using Body For Life. I can't seem to stick to the caveman/ckd; I get really tired of trying to fill up on vegs. It really requires half your meal to be vegs. Only once I had pretty good success, but it didn't last. With a BfL/Gladiator plan, it's more 40/35/25 p/c/f.

The point, to try to redeem this from being "all about me", is that you just have to experiment to see what works.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.
  #8   Add to bushvilim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:12 PM

bushvilim is on a distinguished road
In week days, you can try any meat. Most of you might mainly focus on pork, steak, hamburger and also other red meats in your diet. In addition to, you can also include fish, turkey, lamb and also other white meats.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options