Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Xyggurat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:27 PM

Xyggurat will become famous soon enough
Recent Focus on Underage Stories?

So, I don't want to start a flame war or anything, but a good number of recent stories has seemed to be dedicated to underage sexual escapades, or underage escapades meant to be enjoyed sexually. I am personally fine with people exploring things on the Internet so long as they do not leak into their real lives, but it strikes me that pedophilia is blatantly illegal and very likely to bring the wrong sort of attention down on this forum.

I've never had an interest in children in any way, shape, or form, and I'll be honest in that I find the thought of adult-youth relations to be repugnant to me personally. Again, I'm not trying to stomp on anyone's enjoyment of this site or posting what they do want, but I wanted to get some opinions on whether this is really a good place to post said stories. I know that if its focus continues to fall in that area, it's going to hamper my further enjoyment of and participation on this forum.

This is something that has been bothering me for a while, but I've been trying to apply my rule of not saying anything at all if you can't say anything nice. Does anyone else see this as problematic? Am I way out in left field here?

-X-
Thanks
  #2   Add to portamivia's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM

portamivia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to portamivia Send a message via Yahoo to portamivia
This is bothering me as well.
Not as much bothering in the sense that I personally mind the stories: while finding, like Xyggurat "the thought of adult-youth relations to be repugnant to me personally" I can still separate the world of fantasy to reality, and maybe seeing what the point of those stories might be.

But a less well-inclined reader would need only a couple seconds on that material to infer what is (I hope) a wrong conclusion and bring all hell down to this forum.

I think it's nice to have some opinions, here. Maybe it's us who are in the wrong place.

p.
Thanks
  #3   Add to iceman75's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 05:35 PM
Big Daddy Cool Member

iceman75 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to iceman75
While I admit that these stories probably do go over the line sexually, there is a difference between Fantasy and Reality and that line is clearly drawn in most of these stories, especially the My Nephew Series, let's take a look at that. Yes, the character is 12 years old, but that boy has super human powers, infinite strength, and muscles that can grow to gargantuan sizes. To me, that takes reality straight out of the equation, and if there's no reality in the situation, who cares what's in the story? I have always been on the side of anti-censorship when concerning stories with underage characters, of course, that is up to the admin of this site whether to allow it, but I will always be a proponent of the freedom of speech, freedom to write what you want, and I will always protest any abrigements of those rights.

And I want to state, once again, I am not a pedophile, if the story featured an 18 year old character instead of a 12 year old character, it is my belief that I would love it just as much, because I love the feats of strength in the story and the muscle description. I do not love the character because of his age.

In the MGS FC's, I am Barf the Mawg from Spaceballs, loyal, powerful, quick witted, but I have a bit of a weight problem.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/yfhmk/

Only those serious about young muscle need apply. We do accept stories, but let's keep it clean. This is the only place on the web where Ragman's "My Nephew" Stories can be found.

Last edited by iceman75; March 21st, 2010 at 06:03 PM.
Thanks
  #4   Add to krims44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 06:53 PM

krims44 is on a distinguished road
Hmm I had to think for a while about this dilemma. I am of the mind that children having relationships with adult that are sexual in the stories to be kind of akward in my opinion. There is also the point that it is fantasy after all. In most of these stories the underage character tend to take the upper-hand, which dosent mean its alright. Nevertheless, it sort of creates a certain "alrightyness" which leaves me with an uncertain attitude about it. Personally, I think it would be wrong to write a story in which a child is molested, hurt, or basically taken adventage of. Then again it does not mean it does not happen in real life. And a lot of great movies, books, and stories often have the topic which gives them a "hard reality" for lack of better words.

In pertaining more to the stories in the forum. There is also the fact (and please don't take this the wrong way) age is just a number. These underage characters when they grow through their phases often tend to sort of grow not only in physique, but sexually as well. In some stories it is concibable to say that the character simply did an age progression from 12 to 26 to give an exmple. It might also be the case that the character might be consider by other characters as underage still, but that clearly can't be the case. I personally don't consider anyone that has so much muscle or strenght to be less than 20s or be immature enough to be still consider a child.

I also am of the mind that freedom of speech might be breach if we censor the stories or try to take action against them. Then again since this is a private domain the forum administrator would have the final say on the matter and he/she might want to band such stories if it fits them.

In short I think you have point, but I would not want to take away from the creativeness of the writers or their freedom to write whatever they would like to write. If I desagree with what they write then the choice would fall on me to simply ignore there stories, postings, and other stuff.
Thanks
  #5   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 07:44 PM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Enter the loopholes

Of course there might be stories that goes around this issue; 'Reverse aging' ( Older guy turner younger) and permanent adolescence (ie Japanese manga 'The Sky Crawlers'). And of course, there's a few 'rapid aging' stories in this forum too.

Thanks
  #6   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:47 PM

niko777 is on a distinguished road
I personally don't like stories with young kids. I mean, to me it's just wrong. However, we're not here to judge anybody and as long as there is muscle growth, I don't see why it should be forbidden on this forum... as long as it stays "clean". Lol.
Thanks
  #7   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:09 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
I think the forum is too far gone to ban these types of stories. All those of us who don't like them can do is make sure to encourage those who post stories focusing on adults. Honestly, a few teen stories don't bother me too much (it's all in how it's written) but even those can be dicey. Anything that even hints of children being involved gets the back button from me and I make sure not to read anything by that author again.
Thanks
  #8   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:29 PM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
Mmm, the last time I brought up the whole issue, some members started throwing all kinds of crap my way. Iceman, however, wasn't one of them and he explained it more or less the same. Why not go look for that post and see for yourself what was said.

In any event. Yeah, I agree. Little kids in these kinda stories can be dicey, especially when sexual issues arise. But like Iceman said, it's all flights of fantasy. I mean let's be real here, Furries for instance. Isn't that like animal sex? But it can't be cause they have human bodies (and btw I still think the artists that draw these uber muscled furries really REALLY should do some human centred ones, for some reason they always draw the best muscles!) So isnt that kinda weird as well?

For me it is, though I am not scared to admit that once or twice I've seen a drawing that made me drool.

Okay, so a lot of taboo topics are written about in this forum. Incest for instance. And here I am going to be terribly honest and tell you that I find those kinda stories insanely sexy. Bro's getting it on (especially younger (dominating) VS older, though I like these kinda stories to be in the teenage setting (which is also kinda taboo). Or son VS dad (but this can swing either way). This does not mean I would like to have it on for real with my dad...Lord no! Also, if a hot teenager for some insane reason would ever come on to me, I would seriously freak out. (Unless it's Dalorenzo, I dont think one would really have a choice in the matter anyway.)

The point what I'm trying to make is, we are all different. But what ties us together is the love for muscle growth. If we start censoring stories here it's not gonna stop at the age thing. So, read the disclaimers at the beginning of the story (like I learned to) and then exercise the option (like you said you do anyway) and press back.

And I think it's the duty of the moderator of this forum to decide what is acceptable. If they want to rid themselves of such stories, then I've no doubt some kind of message or rule would be posted that we are not to post below a certain age. Which is fine for me, but we will loose some valuable members in the process.

And please note that none of this was in anyway said in any judgemental form nor in any way was I angry or irritated. (Sometimes I sorta give that impression.)

: )
Thanks
  #9   Add to ts1976's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2010, 11:51 PM

ts1976 is on a distinguished road
I'm so glad someone brought this up! Personally, these stories make me really uncomfortable.

The stories discussed feature underage protagonists who possess the physical traits we, as members of this board, tend to admire and lust for in adult men. The thing, as I'm sure you all realize, is that these stories will most likely be used for sexual gratification by many readers. I see that some have a disclamer stating that the characters aren't involved in sexual relations. Fair enough. That certainly doesn't mean that the stories won't and aren't used to get people off, fantasy or not.

Also, furries are one thing, children entirely another.

Unfortunately, I think Yachirobi is right. Kid-themed stories seem here to stay. All we, those of us who are squicked out, can do is to not read them and encourage the authors who write what we do like when they post.
Thanks
  #10   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:10 AM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
As an operator of this forum, I've normally taken a pretty hands-off approach with the Muscle Growth Story Submission section of the forum, but the recent rash of stories featuring underage characters has begun to outpace other stories. While I was fine with some of these "Muscle Boy" type-stories appearing here and there, the sheer number of these type of tales coming out recently has been shifting the tone and taste of this site in a manner that I feel much at odds with. It's just not the direction -- nor manner of unwanted attention -- that I'd want for this site. I can understand coming-of-age tales where characters are enduring the throes of puberty, but the particular tales in question are those where the author is clearly fixated on characters' young ages.

With my apologies to the authors who were so generous in sharing their work with others: This isn't so much a free speech issue as it is one of taste and appropriateness for this site.

Though for now I'll continue to allow users to post new stories without moderation, I will strongly suggest from here on out that stories involve characters 16 years of age or older. This age limit isn't a hard-and-fast rule, but any stories involving any characters younger than that age are subject to review and deletion.
Thanks
  #11   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:44 AM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
All previous responses to this thread have been moved here, just so we're not communicating on parallel discussion threads. This thread is now closed, but feel free to continue the discussion there.

http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19071
Thanks
Closed Thread