You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Can a guy get 'too big' for love?

Here is a question for all the big and rapidly growing guys on here?

Have you ever had your growing physique and dedication to bodybuilding cause problems in your relationship? Has anyone ever said you were getting too big for them?

I've always wondered about things like this, or if any of your relationships have come to an end because of the muscle. Have you ever hurt somebody in bed, not knowing your own strength?

I suppose this would fall under the negative side of having big muscles. I guess the bottom line question is: has your sudden growth ever cost you your relationship?
  #2   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:09 PM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
now that's an awesome problem! "either you let your biceps shrink to 21" , or I'm leaving"! she says, caressing the huge muscle all the while
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:54 PM

I think it would be kind of hot too, literally "outgrowing" your boyfriend or girlfriend like an old shirt, lol.
  #4   Add to Zap's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:39 PM

Zap is on a distinguished road
If a guy gets very muscular, then he should have no problem controlling his body. That means intercourse will be comfortable for both parties, assuming he can handle his weight. Also, nobody gains a load of muscle quickly. So a man gaining more mass would do it slow enough for their partner to get used to over time. If the guy's partner doesn't like beefy guys, then that'll probably cause a problem. But it won't be because of his size, it would be because of his partner's preferences.

However, my partner has a small problem with my size. It's not that I'm too big for him, it's just that he feels strange when he's the one in the driver's seat.
  #5   Add to Geek2Jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:59 AM

Geek2Jock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Geek2Jock
I had a relationship end over this... not that we became physically incompatible but simply that he didn't approve of my size goals.
  #6   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2010, 05:53 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
i have friends who love the size and power and i have friends who think i am too big. Its really up to the person. as long as they respect your decision there shouldn't be a problem. and yea i have lost a relationship due to size.
  #7   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:07 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
It depends and is a matter of taste, for my wife the bigger the better, she has friends who think that I am too big, but their opinion doesn't matter because she loves it.
  #8   Add to Cobaltous's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:20 AM

Cobaltous is on a distinguished road
This is a great question. Though, I'm positive I would not have a problem with having a boyfriend who would want to grow as big as possible.

Then again, I have not had the privilege of spending time around big guys. This will change one day. I have hope.
  #9   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:52 AM

I hope it happens for me someday, too . I'm hoping to find a big guy with a big heart who's looking for a little guy with a big heart.
  #10   Add to LucidDreamer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:09 AM

LucidDreamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to LucidDreamer
my opinion...

As long as my man is happy and can continue to make time for me. I wouldn't care
  #11   Report Post  
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:39 AM
TeenMuscleGod

I actually had an experience like this recently with A buddy of mine who I often hook up with. He visited a few weeks ago, he was always big in the muscle department, but he had been working out a ton and had gotten huge. It was definately hot but the sex got a little awkward. Even though being 6"2 I found myself unable to wrap my legs around both his thighs, they had gotten too big. Not only that I had to keep thinking about how I could Maneuver around his body. Basically couldn't do the sexual impulse my body was telling me to do with out thinking about it first lol

Usually a guy who tops I found myself having to bottom instead just because it was so uncomfortable for both parties. It was probably the fact that I'm 6"2 and he was 6"3 and Huge. I don't usually sleep with muscle guys that big so probably with practice it would become more natural and comfortable. I guess in this case it would have been better if I was just smaller, so I could sit ontop of those beefy legs haha.

Hope this helps
  #12   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:33 AM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr View Post
Here is a question for all the big and rapidly growing guys on here?

Have you ever had your growing physique and dedication to bodybuilding cause problems in your relationship? Has anyone ever said you were getting too big for them?

I've always wondered about things like this, or if any of your relationships have come to an end because of the muscle. Have you ever hurt somebody in bed, not knowing your own strength?

I suppose this would fall under the negative side of having big muscles. I guess the bottom line question is: has your sudden growth ever cost you your relationship?

Changes in love making can be where the problem is and concepts are similar in some ways no matter what the orientation.

Physical weight is the first issue:

Comfort for the partner on the bottom is going to change as body weight and muscle mass increase. The larger the guy gets the more the person on the bottom could feel like they are being smothered or crushed by the weight. Difficulty in breathing may be an issue depending on sexual position. As shoulder proportions change the relationships and comfort of legs over the shoulders of the top partner may change to where it could depending on the size actually be physically painful. Those of us in bodybuilding tend to forget that the enemy "fat" is also padding in some cases and though it is something we don't want to look at, it provides some comfort for others in intercourse.

A massive chest is going to again change angles for legs and points where things rest during intercourse. A rapidly growing muscle dude is going to have to consider this and constantly think how things change with his sex partner. Look, in a sense this is proof of the growth which has erotic value in and of itself, but a thirty pound gain can make considerable change.

If the growing guy has a mammoth weight difference between he and his sex partner simple physics come into play. Also as size and strength increase so does power. There is an old saying about "forgetting one's strength" and this would apply here. A pelvic thrust in a bodybuilder has potential to be a great deal stronger than even that bodybuilder realizes. This has potential to change something that was once pleasurable into an ordeal. The changes here can happen without the quickly growing guy actually realizing it. The guy may feel that nothing has changed for him because likely it has not changed. The partner however is going to experience substantial change. Size of the partner has increased, this changes relationships of body parts in physics, weight has increased and this may reduce or compromise comfort, and this can happen again without we as men even realizing it has taken place.

If the guy is on the bottom and the partner for example would want to go for a "ride" again some simple laws of physics come into play. As the size of the guys quads increase both penetration angles and the amount of penetration that can be achieved are going to change. If we assume that the guy on his back has an average 6 inch endowment a substantial increase in the size of quads is going to reduce the effectiveness of penetration in this position. This is not going to be the case in all positions it will in this position.

Those of us who are in fact growing at a good pace need to constantly make changes on our thinking simply because we do not realize or comprehend all that is going on. It is impossible to think of everything and communications between sex partners is again the key.

In gay men it is less of a problem in some areas and more in others. As a general rule when bodybuilding or "muscle attraction "is part of a gay relationship there is a tendency for this to be at least a part of the dynamics that brought the two people together.

Anal sex is an area that can present a challenge. As glutes grow and develop penetration can be reduced and in some cases some positions become impossible simply because there is too much muscle mass in the way. This can be in top or bottom positions because really huge quads can have the same effect under the correct circumstances.

Throwing the legs of a 170 pound guy over your shoulders and then doing some pounding is one thing. Throwing the huge quads hams and calves of a 240-270 pound bodybuilder over your shoulders for the exact same act is really no where near as easy. The center of gravity changes as does everything else.

There are certain things that actually improve with bodybuilding with very little effort. Frottage is one of them. The hardened bodies send really great impulses through the bodies of both even if one is not in the hardened condition of the other. This is a winner easily in most cases.

Flexibility and maneuverability change as you grow. It is not really a situation where "bad" is an acceptable definition, but different would definitely apply.

As guys as a whole we are not observant to changes in our bodies and the effects that these changers have on those around us.

If a person is having problems in a relationship for cosmetic reasons it is because there are basic deep seated problems relating to an inability to accept change. This is not a good marker and this kind of problem is not easily fixed. Because aging changes appearance people with this kind of problem are best sent packing anyway.

The other problems are fixable and as a couple laughter, thought, consideration of changes that take place in something we enjoy, all make for a good relationship anyway.

Common sense and making the partner part of the change is something that will help on this one.
  #13   Add to Nick Brooks Fit's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:11 PM

Nick Brooks Fit is on a distinguished road
I think it is up to your significant other in that case. I have never had a problem in that area.
  #14   Add to evanw's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 24th, 2010, 12:19 AM

evanw is on a distinguished road
What this thread needs, naturally, is pictures.

I've never been in this position; I wouldn't mind it, though. At least, I wouldn't mind it at least once, just to see what it's like.
  #15   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:06 AM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanw View Post
What this thread needs, naturally, is pictures.

I've never been in this position; I wouldn't mind it, though. At least, I wouldn't mind it at least once, just to see what it's like.
You and me both

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options