#41   Add to tekuno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:32 PM

Thanked 2,640 Times in 314 Posts
tekuno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tekuno
Um...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas88 View Post
Wow...and what if you're wrong? What if Peter has been posting for years?

http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/se...archid=1704252

OOPS! He has.
I see what you're trying to say there but with awkward timing vBulletin tried to be "helpful" on your search page and so the link you posted actually brings up a page saying "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

What you wanted was probably
http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/member.php?u=32960

And, yes, you're right and I was wrong, and I apologize both specifically to Peter and to the world in general. I could have sworn when I looked at that page yesterday, "total posts" read "1". Either I'm getting prematurely senile or vBulletin had a bug. (And I suspect the former; vBulletin has lots of "interesting" behaviors which are unhelpful, like the search link bug above, but in my experience it doesn't have that kind of bug.)

Nevertheless, although I apologize for the misstatement, my point stands: the original post announcing the death says, in essence: "R. Chris Cooper is dead; I'm asking people to delete his work on his behalf; this was his wish in order to keep me from feeling distress after his death". Well, if you don't want distress arising from being reminded of his stories, the sensible thing to do is to either leave the forum entirely or at least stop the discussion. The fastest way to push this thread out of sight is for everyone to shut up, and the best way not to let it distress you is not to read it. Everyone should know by now that endlessly defending yourself on the Internet just leads to more posts on the same subject.

(And, incidentally, on the chance that Peter is legitimate, I don't plan to make any further posts on this thread so as to assist if he chooses to take my advice. If anyone wants to argue with me further, do so by private message, please.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm just gonna say here that Tekuno doesn't represent those of us who spoke up about the possibility of faking because we legitimately don't want Cooper's alleged death to be taken advantage by anyone. Holy hell.
In other words: you think that there's a good chance he's a liar (because otherwise there could be no possibility of faking) and shady (because otherwise he wouldn't be faking), and you're willing to imply it in veiled language, but you won't come out and say it outright. How gentlemanly of you.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:54 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,031 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Actually Peter has answered the questions quite well and I am completely satisfied now. I never read any of Cooper's stories so I have no knowledge of him. I don't understand why guys on here are getting so upset. They are just stories, not an insight into his life. Reality obviously doesn't exist for some.
  #43   Add to AuraTwilight's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:17 PM

AuraTwilight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In other words: you think that there's a good chance he's a liar (because otherwise there could be no possibility of faking) and shady (because otherwise he wouldn't be faking), and you're willing to imply it in veiled language, but you won't come out and say it outright. How gentlemanly of you.
No, and I would appreciate if you didn't insult me. My intentions when I personally first spoke up was that the timing of things raised red flags and I found the entire situation personally worrisome. If not because Peter is a liar, than because Cooper seemed to bear a great shame in his involvement in our community, and I wanted to make sure if that. Neither option is comfortable to me, but I couldn't in good conscience not speak up.

Now quit being a jackass to everyone in this thread. You're being incredibly disrespectful.
  #44   Add to kettlecharlie's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:46 PM

kettlecharlie is on a distinguished road
Like many others, I am saddened by the death of R.Chris Cooper
His loss is a loss to us all
Two small points--
Has anyone a picture of Chris? In all the years I have been enjoying his stories, I have never seen the guy who was writing them.
and
His stories, though not written as such are marvellous examples of how to write erotica and, although I can understand the discussion about whether or not his wishes should be adhered to, I regret that the mentoring effect will be totally lost
  #45   Add to morhedron's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:04 AM

morhedron is on a distinguished road
here's the problem.

the OP never said that cooper wanted any works destroyed in the event of his death. he only said he wanted total control and wanted to create a website.

litera scripta manet. the written word shall remain. even if it is erotica. by destroying his works (which was not my cup of tea either), people will wittingly destroy the only real legacy he will have after his companion's death. and that's a true pity. surely that's never what he would have wanted.

seems to me, if people wanted to honor his memory and his works, they should get together with the OP and make his dream of a website archive come true. if it is subscription based, the monies can be used in any way that peter deems fit. donating towards research on cardiovascular disease seems appropriate.

yes, honor the dead. sometimes that means acknowledging they were wrong.
  #46   Add to tattcub's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:09 AM

tattcub is on a distinguished road
Mudsling isn't really appropriate here guys...

Not at all.

I said my thoughts in an earlier post.

If Coop was starting his own website that's fine too. He was entitled to. His death was sudden and sad and Peter is dealing with his grief in the only way he feels he can by following Coops wishes.

It doesn't mean we have to agree with it. However calling him a cheat and liar is sort of reprehensible and really below the guys on this forum who for the most part have tried to be supportive as they can given the sad circumstances.

Name calling is pointless on both sides.

My advice would be this.
If you can leave a genuine condolence then do so. If you can't then don't say anything.

If you have any issues with how Peter is dealing, tough. PM him another time when he's had a chance to work through his own emotions and feelings.
Right now he is bound to be raw and on edge and will be sensitive about anything we say here.

To Peter I would say

The huge majority here are sad for your loss and we're sorry if the posting about Coops death and his works has stirred things up more in your life. Go, grieve and get on with your life as Chris suggested. If people message you do not feel compelled to answer them right now. You have enough to get on with...

One more thing, people keep hinting at a hoax. That's cruel. It's cruel to Peter and Chris' family and friends on here.
If it's true it's a different matter but I believe in that old phrase that the truth will out.
Personally I try and believe in the goodness of people and their intentions so give the guy a break and let time take it's course

That's my 10 cents worth.

I won't comment again on this thread.

TC
  #47   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:15 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
The only thing I had wanted was just an obituary listing. I was sadden when I first heard of Cooper's passing, but when looking though his past works and seeing that work was gone, it does raise flags. That included the fan page

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/2813220/ See in here it lists what happened and even has a website, that's still set up, to take in donations.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...-phoenix-crash There was even a write up in the local news about the incident.

I just having trouble coming to terms with it right now, that's why I'm hard pressed to come to terms with this. That's why I keep asking for an obituary notice or a news article. . . something. That would give me the closure most would seek,

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #48   Add to F_R_Eaky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM

F_R_Eaky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to F_R_Eaky
Creating any form of art work is a lot like giving birth and raising a child. Once it's mature, an adult, and you release it, it has a life of its own.

For me, and mind you I'm a former member of ASCAP a group that is responsible for helping establish many of the copyright laws, copyright really only pertains to distribution and licensing, regardless of whatever the law says.

If an author has felt that a story was worth publishing, his copyright allows him the ability on how a story is released, how much one pays to receive a copy, and the ability to have prosecuted anyone who is selling their work for profit, or freely distributing their work or copies of their work. However, the ability to "call back" the work and destroy all copies....no, that option was destroyed when an author/artists went public with the work.

It's an artistic medium. The author has already put it out because s/he felt the public would enjoy it. People have paid for the right or freely received it, depending upon the case, so that they might have the ability/right to view the work and enjoy it. If Anne Rice were to announce upon her death bed, she wanted all her work removed from the world and destroyed...I don't think so. #1 I want to read her stories, I want to reread her stories because I enjoy them. Why should I have to give them up because suddenly she wants them destroyed. This isn't a recall of a defective item that can hurt me. #2 In her case, I paid for those books. So if she wants them back and have them destroyed then she or her estate better cough up the 19.95 or whatever the charge was I paid to get my copy, to OWN my copy, for each and every single book. I paid for the right to have a copy of her work that I might enjoy for my life or its shelf life whichever comes first.

In this case....although it would be nice to honor the man, the author, and respect his wishes, sorry... he posted them up on a public forum for the purpose of sharing the stories. He posted them up on a forum that is too easily accessible, and to easily copyable. Do I have the right to try and take the stories, package them, sell them? No, of course not. That would still definitely fall under the category of plagiarism. But to say I have to return something or destroy it, that's been freely given... Depends upon how much I enjoy the object, or this case the story, as to whether or not I destroy it. It's totally my call now, not the authors.

My stories for example. I have posted them up here. There may come a time when I think I can earn something for my work. My stories are copyrighted. To make some money off of them I would collect them, improve them, like correcting all spleeing errars and incorwrecked grammahr ( ), add some art work and then seek out publishing rights and put that out, but if you have a copy from off here or O's site, full of all those horrible mistakes, I'm not going to tell one, one has to delete them, nor make one delete, nor fine one under the law. I freely posted and gave the stories away at that/this time, and I have no control over whose house "my child" is going to stay in, that depends upon fans and the public. I would hope though that fans of my work might buy the published version #1 to support me and #2 to enjoy the version of the story without having to sift and guess through the typos and such.

IDK just my thoughts.
  #49   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
I don't agree with F_R_EAKY on copyright laws, but I do agree with him that we should honor the wishes of the R Chris Cooper. I may not agree with those wishes, but someone who was a member of this community is now gone. If we are a community, we should honor the legitimate wishes of our diseased members.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #50   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Ogun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ogun Send a message via Skype™ to Ogun
That's "Deceased," Corwin.

Peter, if indeed coop specifically requested you take down the items then so be it. However, please keep copies of them. Creating a new site to share his stories with the world, as he'd been attempting to do before his death, would, it seems to me, be a great way of honoring his memory. But now is not the time. My condolences . . .

My Squiby!
php

My Brute! (non-Muxxu) http://perveron.mybrute.com
Muxxu info: RedCrab
  #51   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:12 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogun View Post
That's "Deceased," Corwin.

No, I think "diseased" might be more applicable in some cases.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options