The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:52 PM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 22: Hold On Tight

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion
Part 13: America
Part 14: Deep Inside My Heart
Part 15: Mister Sandman
Part 16: Hard To Say
Part 17: Bette Davis Eyes
Part 18: Limelight
Part 19: Cool Love
Part 20: Don't Let Him Go
Part 21: Physical

Any feedback is very much appreciated - I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

Hold on tight to your dream
Hold on tight to your dream
When you see your ship go sailing
When you feel your heart is breaking
Hold tight to your dream

Tug was flying.

Soaring high over the city of Seattle, Tug reveled in his role as one of its nighttime protectors. Known to the world as MuscleHunk, the great northwest superhero, he made his rounds after each sunset seeking evildoers who meant to cause harm or destruction. Everything had been relatively calm in the south end this evening – a few drug deals, a few attempted burglaries – so he cruised northward to check out the downtown area.

As he flew, Tug looked up at the cloudless sky. The stars were out in full force this time of the night, with very little competing light coming from the city’s skyscrapers or the quarter moon low on the eastern horizon. Using his super-vision, Tug occasionally checked for any stray meteorites that might be headed toward the planet, always wondering if a space rock similar to the one that had given him his powers would be making its way toward Earth.

He reflected back on that special night several years ago…

----------------------------------------------------

18-year-old Tug had been sitting on the porch of his parent’s house, enjoying the brisk midnight air, when he unexpectedly saw an object streaking across the sky. The object became brighter and brighter, bigger and bigger, as it moved through the darkness, and it was only just before the moment of impact that Tug had realized it was headed straight for his parent’s property.

It landed on a nearby bluff, less than 100 yards away from where Tug sat, and made a loud boom upon contact. Tug could feel the shock waves for almost thirty seconds afterward, but once the ground stabilized, he ran toward the crash site to see what had occurred.

Tug arrived at the site to find a small meteorite imbedded in the bluff – it was only about two feet around, with small holes all around its dark, crusty exterior. He walked up closer and knelt down to get a better look at the rock, when it suddenly zapped him with a glowing light.

He froze as the energy from the meteorite filled his being, instantly feeling more aware, more alert, and more masculine. About thirty seconds later the beam evaporated, and the rock disintegrated before his eyes, leaving only a small crater behind as evidence of the crash.

Tug walked back to his parent’s house, not knowing what exactly had happened – but he decided to fill in the crater with a shovel, not tell anyone about it, and try to forget it had happened. Within days, however, changes began to appear that Tug could only surmise were the result of the meteorite’s power beam. His body began to transform – the fat that accumulated over his physique melted away with no effort, and it was replaced by rock-hard muscle. His arms, chest, and legs all grew bigger and wider, while his stomach became fat, hard, and ripped.

His parents soon became worried and took him to the doctor, who assured Mr. and Mrs. Yates that their son was in excellent health. “Tug’s probably just going through a late growth spurt,” said the doctor. “He’s just catching up to his muscular big brother.”

But this was no ordinary growth spurt. In just under six months, Tug grew to 6’6, lost 40 pounds of fat, and put on over 100 pounds of muscle. And not only was he suddenly bigger than everybody else in his family, but he also became more handsome as well. The “spurt” had changed his facial structure – his acne disappeared, his face became more angular, and his eyes deepened – so that he resembled a movie-star version of his old self.

Soon after the spurt stopped, Tug began noticing other changes – he could see objects that were miles away, he could hear even the quietest of sounds, and he could run faster than he ever could before. In fact, all of his muscles were growing stronger and stronger, so much so that his brother’s old weight set was no longer heavy enough for him, even when the bar was completely loaded up. He started lifting large stones outside of his parent’s house and pressing them over his head, and then moved on to uprooting small trees. Always seeking new challenges to his great strength, he was eventually able to lift his father’s car.

It was on the day of the car-hoist that he was officially contacted by members of the US Federation of Superheroes – he had been so surprised to discover Blade Grenade, Beast of Burden, and Thermonucleana standing on the front porch that afternoon. Apparently the federation had been monitoring his progress since the day the meteorite fell, and they had seen enough to realize that he could become one of the great American heroes if properly trained. They had sent three of their most famous representatives to check in with Tug and determine if he was interested in becoming a member.

Not having a clear career path in mind, Tug had jumped at the chance to join the federation. He was enrolled in a two year training program, sort of like a vo-tech school for budding superheroes, and worked hard to learn hone his skills. Uppercut taught him hand-to-hand combat, Ascension showed him how fly gracefully, and Combatant (who hated to be called Combat-Ant, even though he was a giant bug) trained Tug to maximize his strength.

After his graduation, the federation created his superhero identity, MuscleHunk, which he thought was a little cheesy, but suitable given his incredible mass and ultra-handsome looks, and also provided him with a virtually indestructible costume – skintight yellow lycra that showed off every ripple and bulge, with a dark blue MH on the chest, dark blue boots, and fortunately, no cape.

The federation also assigned Tug to the Northwest Quadrant, headquartered in Seattle, which suited him perfectly. He took up residence on his parent’s estate, which had been empty since they retired to Arizona, and bought the neighboring land from Old Lady Dickerson after her death (using the proceeds from his best-selling MuscleHunk calendars). He created a private fortress for himself on the island out in Puget Sound – since his face was so beautiful and his body so muscular, he couldn’t really have a secret identity – and lived there when he wasn’t crimefighting.

The existence was a tad lonely, but such was the fate of the superhero. Tug had found it especially hard to meet new friends – at least, friends who were interested in him and not just his body – and it was compounded by the fact the he worked the night shift and had to sleep during the daylight hours (one generally didn’t meet quality individual patrolling the waterfront at 3:00 in the morning). But he had heard the Vector X might retire soon, which would open up a spot for him on the day shift – as long as they didn’t give the promotion to Momentum Master, who had been coasting on his reputation for years and hadn’t caught any criminals for quite a while.

----------------------------------------------------

Tug snapped out his nostalgic dream when his super-hearing picked up the screams of a young woman. He quickly scanned the downtown area and zeroed on the source – a woman, possibly a teenager, was being chased by a thug down a deserted alley. Tug sped down to the site of the trouble, reaching the alley within just a few seconds. He landed between the woman and her attacker, and struck the customary crimestopping pose (chest out, legs apart, hands on hips) that he had been taught by The Peacock when training at superhero school.

The thug looked straight at MuscleHunk and started to smile. Tug could sense that the man was not afraid – in addition to the smile, his posture did not communicate any sense of uneasiness, and he didn’t make an attempt to escape.

Perhaps he just doesn’t know who I am…

“Listen here, punk,” said Tug. “Do you…”

Before Tug could utter another word, he felt a quick zap from behind. Suddenly he couldn’t move his mouth – or any other muscle for that matter. His whole body had become paralyzed.

He watched as the woman walked out from behind him, smiling in the same manner as her pretend attacker, and carrying a small gun in her hand. It didn’t quite look like a regulation firearm, but Tug couldn’t focus his vision at it because his eye muscles were also paralyzed.

As he stood there motionless, a hulking figure moved into view – slowly it crept into the alley, approaching the thug and the woman. “Very good, you two. Here’s the money I promised.”

The figure handed an envelope to each of the pair, and they quickly disappeared into the night. The figure then turned toward Tug and advanced in his direction.

“I apologize for the pretense to get you here, Mr. Hunk, but I knew you probably wouldn’t accept an invitation to dinner.”

Tug struggled to regain control of his body, but all of his effort was in vain. The paralytic administered by the woman was obviously something beyond the norm.

It must have been developed by someone very smart and very evil…Doctor Daze, perhaps, or maybe TKO…but neither of them is as big as the person coming toward me…

“I can assure you, Mr. Hunk, I am neither Doctor Daze nor TKO, but those are very good guesses. I’ll give you one more.”

Tug tried not to allow fear to enter into his thoughts.

Only one supervillian is that smart, that big, and can read minds. It has to be my arch-enemy: Inzane.

He had grown up as Roy Zane, coincidentally on the same island as Tug, but had been not been a particularly close friend because of their two-year age difference and Roy’s bullying nature. After a freak nuclear accident at Hanford a few years ago, where Roy was working as a janitor, he had become exposed to toxic waste that had altered his body chemistry, giving him physical and mental abilities that were still not completely known to the Superhero Federation. He had quickly joined up with the Brotherhood, a league of villains whose main goal was to rid the world of its superheroes.

“Very good, Tug. I see your little brain still works on occasion.” Inzane continued moving forward, entering the stream of light from a lamp above a nearby doorway, and Tug was reminded how much he resembled a modern-day version of the Grim Reaper. His large body was covered in its traditional black cloak, and his face, marred from the accident at the power plant, was covered in by a black mask, but there was no hiding the evil behind his eyes.

“I know you’re wondering what I’m going to do with you this evening, so let’s not beat around the bush. Once and for all, Gut, I’m going to kill you,” he said very matter-of-factly. “Now I know in the past your invulnerability has been a small obstacle in achieving this goal, but I think I’ve overcome it this time.”

Inzane extended his right hand, which held a small device about the size and shape of a TV remote control. “You see, I’ve spent the past few months studying your body chemistry, thanks in large part to that sample of your hair we stole from the Federation laboratory.

That was you!

“Yes, Tug, it was me. And it was so lovely of you to donate that lock for your scientists to study. It’s too bad it fell into the wrong hands.” Inzane laughed, but Tug was still unable to respond physically. He tried to flex his mighty biceps, but nothing even twitched.

“Anyway, what I discovered is that your superpowers are all generated by your incredible strength – your strength is the engine, if you will, that makes all of your other special abilities possible. Without it, everything else will just fade way, including your invulnerability. And then you will be just so very easy to dispatch.”

Go ahead…try to take my strength…you’ll fail just like every other time…

“Oh, I think you underestimate the discoveries I made using that lock of hair, Tug. I developed the paralytic that has held you motionless for the past few minutes, and I created this device containing microscopic fragments of the meteorite that gave you superstrength, which is now going to rob you of that very same power.”

Inzane reached over with his left hand and hit a button on the device – instantly a deep red ray shot out and hit Tug straight in the chest. The spot where it hit warmed up very quickly, and Tug felt pain for the first time in many years.

It burns, it burns…

“Yes, it does burn, doesn’t it?” agreed Inzane. “But not as much as the humiliation of being a fat jelly belly again.”

Tug’s body slowly began to alter – he could tell he was getting shorter, because he was no longer looking Inzane in the eye. Since he couldn’t move his head, Tug’s view gradually descended so that he was looking at the villain’s neck, and then his shoulders, and then his chest. He could feel his powerful biceps and chest deflating, losing pound after pound of precious muscle every few seconds. His hardened abs also disappeared, and he felt a looseness and flabbiness around his midsection. His shoulders also shrunk considerably, which allowed for his costume to slip off and fall downward, catching on his rounded hips and stomach.

Inzane turned off the device and slipped it back into his pocket. He then pulled out a tiny dart which he tossed directly at Tug – it pierced his skin, and within a few seconds he had regain his mobility. Tug pulled out the dart and tossed it to the ground.

“You’re going to regret this, Roy!” has said in the most commanding voice he had.

Inzane laughed again. “Oh, is little Tug the Lug threatening me? Take a look at yourself, MuscleHunk. Just how are you going to make me regret my actions?”

The villian pointed at a nearby window, and Tug turned to face his reflection.

Goodness, what has he done to me?

No longer the powerful MuscleHunk, Tug had reverted to the body he had before encountering the meteor. Small, underdeveloped muscles covered in fat, a prominent belly, and no more movie-star good looks. He flexed his arms, but there was barely any perceptible movement in his biceps, so he instead grabbed his costume, still hanging from his belly, and pulled it up over his flabby chest.

He turned back toward Inzane, trying to put on a brave front. He could feel that none of his other powers were working, so flying away or dashing off were not options.

“So MuscleChunk, are you ready to meet your maker?” asked the villain and he took a step toward Tug.

The hero looked upward at Inzane and stared directly in his eyes. “You haven’t finished me off yet, Roy. My colleagues will notice that I’m missing, and one of the will come to rescue me.”

“You can hold on tight to your dream, Tug, but I’m afraid it won’t come true. You see, my colleagues have also been busy tonight – we’ve used the paralytic on all your buddies, so nobody will be coming to your rescue. Not the Momentum Master, or Thunderina, or Thrust, or Otter Man, or even the Dominant Damsel. The remainder of the night squad of the Northwest Division of the Federation is currently immobile.”

Damn…

“Yes, indeed, Tug. Now, it’s time to put an end to your goody-two-shoes shenanigans.” Inzane reached into his pocket again and…

Suddenly, the villain was struck in the side by a large object. It slammed into his body, toppling him over, and then deflected in the alley. From the distance, Tug could see that the object was a round shield with three outer circles, two red and one white, and a white star encased in an inner blue circle.

Could it be?

Within seconds, Captain America appeared out of nowhere and leapt into action. He grabbed Inzane, whisked off his cloak, and tossed his arsenal of weaponry away. Inzane tried to escape, but Cap pummeled him with his powerful fists until he had been knocked out. He then rushed over to Tug.

“Are you OK?”

Tug was taken aback by the sight of the nation’s hero – he had only seen pictures and video of Captain America, but had never met him face-to-face – as he had always thought Cap was the biggest, toughest, and most handsome member of the federation. He was tall, like Tug had been up until a few minutes ago, and had a lean, rugged, muscular body that was well-suited to the costume he wore.

Such big pecs, shoulders, and arms, and look at those abs! They look like little loaves of bread….one, two, three, four, five…

Captain America interrupted Tug’s staring at his shredded twelve-pack to repeat his question: “MuscleHunk? Are you with me?”

Tug snapped out of his trance and looked up at his savior. “Yes. What are you doing here, Captain America?”

“I’m on special assignment here in Seattle. We’ve had reports that the Baron Blood had been spotted in this area, and I was sent to check them out. But enough about me – are you OK?

Tug looked down at his body, ashamed of his appearance in front of the legendary hero. “Physically, I think I’m fine,” he replied. “Mentally, I’m a little heartbroken that my powers have been taken away.”

“Well, maybe Inzane’s device has a reverse setting.” Cap reached down into the cloak and pulled out the small apparatus that the villain had used to steal Tug’s super-strength. Unfortunately, it had been broken in two during the attack. “It looks like that ship has sailed. My shield must have busted it when it slammed into Inzane.”

Tug sighed, still trying to cover his flabby body in front of Captain America. “There goes my dream job. No more superhero business for me.”

“Hold on tight to your dream, MuscleHunk. Inzane only robbed you of your strength, right? He said it was like the engine for all your other powers. What if we there was another way to make you stronger – shouldn’t all of you other powers come back?”

“I guess so, but I don’t know for sure. Wait a minute – if you were here listening the whole time, why didn’t you take him out before he took away my strength?” asked Tug.

“I was checking to see if he had backup. We would have both been ambushed by Kalamity, The Black Hole, and Lady Panther if I hadn’t gotten to them first.”

“Oh,” said Tug, a little ashamed of his accusatory nature.

Captain America reached to his side and pulled a small vial off of his belt. “But I have an idea that could make things better for you. Why don’t you try this little serum? It had a great effect on me a few years ago.”

“Is that the…”

“Yes, Hunk, it’s a re-creation of the super soldier serum that gave me this body. I’ve had some of the scientists at HQ working on a replica, and we’ve been looking for someone to test it on. You want to give it a try?”

Without thinking about any consequences other than getting his powers back, Tug scooped the vial out of Captain America’s red glove and pulled out the stopper. “Bottom’s up,” he said, and drank the serum.

Tug waited for a few moments, but nothing seemed to happen at first. He felt a small bit of warmth as the liquid went down his throat, but nothing over the rest of his body. He waited patiently, trying not to be too hopeful, but re-donned his costume just in case.

About twenty second later, the change began. “E-everything is spinning around! I…feel like I’m blacking out…but…I…must…hang…on!”

Captain America grabbed Tug’s shoulders to steady him. “It’s working! Don’t give up, son! Hold on! This is the moment of crisis! You must survive it!”

“I…I can feel power surging through me! My body’s getting larger…and stronger! It’s as if millions of cells are forming at incredible speed!”

The growth first became evident in Tug’s chest, which blew up like an inflating balloon. Inch upon inch of man-muscle grew around his pecs, pumping them up to their former glory, expanding them to he-man proportions. The MH centered on the breastplate of his costume moved upward and outward as Tug’s ribcage filled up with massive rock-hard muscle. At the same time, the fat around his waist began to shrink away, revealing the bulging, cobblestones abs that had been ogled by many an admirer.

Next Tug’s arms began to fill up with muscle – his bulging biceps and powerful triceps reappeared, taking up all the space in his costume’s sleeves. He hit a double bicep pose, and even Captain America gasped at the sight of the massive pythons Tug was flexing. The growth continued as his shoulders and neck pumped up with power, becoming thick like a bull’s, growing outward and widening his manly physique.

His legs also began to strengthen and lengthen, bringing him back to the height he used to be. Tug looked down over his mighty chest to see his quadriceps once again bulging with power, and could feel his calves getting larger in his boots. He could also feel his ass tightening, shedding the excess flab that had deposited there and firming up the muscles of his gluteus maximus.

Captain America continued to stare at the transformation in front of him. He was in awe of the sight of the rejuvenated MuscleHunk. “Wow, in a matter of minutes, you’ve become a new man!”

Tug turned back toward the window to see the transformation – his good looks were definitely back, and so were his glorious muscles. But more than just the muscles he used to have, Tug seemed to be a bit larger than his original size. And his body kept growing, although a little more slowly than at first, expanding his costume to its limits.

If I was 6’6” and 260 pounds before, I must be close to 6’9” and 320 pounds now…

Rippppp...rippppp…

Slight tears began to form in the shoulders of the virtually indestructible costume. All of the new muscle was just too much for the cloth, and it gave way to the added mass.

Rippppp….rippppp…

Additional tears began to form in his sleeves and back, and then down the legs. Tug could feel his growth subsiding, however, but realized the costume was pretty much a goner. So with all of his might, he hit a most muscular pose and flexed every muscle in his body.

RIPPPPP…RIPPPPP

The super-cloth shredded from as Tug’s biceps, triceps, pecs, deltoids, lats, quads, and calves all filled with size. It ripped completely off his torso, and the top half fell to the ground. Tug reached down and pulled the remaining parts from his legs, leaving himself clad in what looked like a tight pair of briefs.

“Maybe you should check with the federation to see if you can just go with that loincloth look as your costume from now on,” said Cap with a smirk. It seems like the serum worked pretty well for you, MuscleHunk."

"I'll say!" replied Tug. "It feels like every fiber of my being is surging with new power, new vigor, and new vitality! Like I am at the peak of physical perfection!"

“I remember - it's quite a rush. By the way, did your other powers return?”

Tug checked out his super-vision, super-hearing, flight, and other heightened abilities. “Everything seems to be working again, but it’s hard to tell with the invulnerability.”

“Well, let’s get you back to HQ to check you out. And we need to get Inzane off to the local authorities.”

“I’d like to have the honors of taking him in, if you don’t mind. And by the way, thanks for everything tonight – for not only saving my life, but also for letting me test out the formula,” said Tug. “If there’s anything I can do to repay you, all you have to do is ask.”

“Anything?” asked Captain America.

“You name it.”

Cap paused for about ten seconds, staring up into Tug’s eyes, and then took a step forward. He then looked down at MuscleHunk’s massive masculine body, and made his request: “I’d like a…kiss.”

Tug smiled at Captain America. He felt giddy, like a schoolgirl being asked to the prom by the captain of the football team – his idol, Captain America, wanted a kiss from him.

Wow! I can’t believe he likes me in that way…

“Of course,” replied Tug as he inched his face downward. “I would be delighted.”

A smile of relief came across Cap’s face. Just as Tug had done, he leaned in a little bit closer, placed his hand on Tug’s hard pec to boost himself up, and then planted his lips on the lips of MuscleHunk.

The two men kissed passionately, but they were restrained a bit by Captain America’s mask, so Tug pulled back after about ten seconds. “I really want to give you a proper smooch to thank you, but I think you’re going to need to remove your headpiece. It’s just getting in the way.”

“I thought you would never ask,” replied the hero, as he bent down to pull off the mask.

As he stood back up again, Tug first saw a head full of wavy, blond hair, which looked almost golden in the light of the alley. Then, as Captain America became fully erect, Tug looked down to see a familiar face with a small pug nose, deep blue eyes, and a smattering of freckles.

“Ben!”

“Hey, Tug.”

-----------------------------------------------------

Tug awoke with a start, as he usually did after these episodes. He didn’t have to check his groin to know that he had had another wet dream.

He looked over at his clock radio, seeing that the time was 3:06am. He climbed out of bed and went into his bathroom to clean himself up and change his boxers.

After putting on a fresh pair of underwear and tossing his old ones in his hamper, Tug headed toward the kitchen.

But before getting there, he decided that his conditioning was too important to waste by pigging out on sweets, so he just went back to bed.

Last edited by Padraig; August 9th, 2009 at 07:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Here's the Electric Light Orchestra, with its 1981 hit, "Hold On Tight." You know, I might actually see a movie that featured voodoo beach bunnies...

#3   Add to bobman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM

bobman is on a distinguished road
So excited to see another chapter! This one totally caught me by surprise and I really enjoyed the depth of the fantasy.
  #4   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM

Thanks, Bobman! It's the longest chapter I have written for the series, and certainly the most fun for me. I think my dream job would be to create monikers for superheroes and supervillians, just because I have such a blast coming up with them. All of the names are original, except for Captain America, of course, and Baron Blood, who shows up in a Cap comic book in early 1981.

Also in March 1981, Marvel Comics celebrated the 40th anniversary of Captain America by retelling his origin story, when he first drank the super soldier serum and changed from weak, frail Steve Rogers into the blond superstud we all know and love. Most of the quotes I used during Tug's transformation back into MuscleHunk are taken directly from that issue - I just loved the "I can feel power surging through me" stuff too much not to use it.

#5   Add to michaelv2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Mr. Registered User

michaelv2 is on a distinguished road
Wow! This was nice episode (of course, massive muscle growth is always nice) and totally out of the blue! I'm curious about the clock radio: Do the numbers have some deeper significance? Thanks for writing!
  #6   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:53 PM

Thanks, Michael! Each of the songs I picked for the dream sequences has the word "dream" (or some variation of the word) in its lyrics, and the time on the clock when Tug awakes in these chapters is the length of the single version (as opposed to its length on the album) of the song.

So in this chapter, for example, Tug awakes at 3:06am, which is exactly how long the version of "Hold On Tight" was on the 45 (3 minutes, 6 seconds).

The only exception was the "Limelight" chapter - the single version is 4 miuntes and 1 second long, but I wanted Tug to wake up earlier than 4:01 in the morning because I couldn't have Ben wait more than four hours to check on him. So in that case, I reversed the time and had Tug wake up at 1:04am.

Hope that makes sense!

New chapter will be posted tonight! Thanks again!!

#7   Add to michaelv2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Mr. Registered User

michaelv2 is on a distinguished road
Wow. It humbles me to realize how much you've considered this story, and how even the little details have deeper meaning. Just a quick thought: You'd be great at creating a "scavenger hunt" game! Ever done that? :-) Anyway, thanks for my best summer reading!
  #8   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:50 AM

Michael ? Although I didn't post any new stories online in the last six years, I certainly wasn't ready to give up my musclegrowth fantasies altogether. I spent a lot of time thinking about these characters, and how they would act, and what they would want, and the songs that would go along with each part. It became a very elaborate story in my head, and one that I eventually wanted to share with others.

I stated writing it down back on January 1, giving me plenty of time to flesh out the story, give personality to the characters, and add in all the little details (in addition to the times on the clock, for example, all of the characters share their last names with famous bodybuilders). Although I certainly made changes as I was posting it, I had at least 80% of the tale written before the first chapter was put up on June 12.

I knew that, because of the nature of the story, I wasn't going to have as many people reading it as the ones about instant muscle growth. But my goal was to find five people who really, really liked it ? I told myself if there were at least five, well, then maybe I would consider putting some effort into a genuine novel. I know my writing skills would need to be polished considerably before taking up that kind of challenge, but I would definitely start putting pen to paper and making it happen.

As for the scavenger hunt, I have only created one in my life ? it was a photo hunt for our company picnic. I went to the park a week ahead of everyone else and took pictures of unusual objects there, and then created a sheet with ten of these photos displayed on it. At the picnic, the first person to identify the location that all ten photos were taken was the winner. It was a lot of fun, especially for me, because it allowed me to express myself creatively with the photographs.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options