The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #121   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM

niko777 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, man! My pecs are kinda fatty, though, (like the rest of me right now, hahahaha!) I'm just lucky they don't look bad, lol.

As for the apple, I'm really surprised I could crush it! I filmed myself just in case and BAM! I destroyed it, hahaha. The only downside is that since I didn't think I would succeed, I didn't put anything on the floor... so I ended up cleaning the floor of my room afterwarrds and wasting a very good apple, lol... but it was worth it, hahahaha.

Sincerely, I'm sick of being fat, lol. All my nice clothes don't fit, so I've had to buy "temporary" clothes on which I didn't spend a lot, since they won't fit me in a few months... so I'm not at my best right now. The eating par bugs me too. Often, I even wake up during the night because I'm hungry! So it's getting tough to get good nights of sleep...

But in the end, I'm sure it's gonna be worth it. I'm gonna work my ass of as soon as my bulk ends.

Thanks for your comments and take care,

Niko777
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #122   Add to helliot's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:12 AM

helliot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to helliot
Looking great! Keep it up!
  #123   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Hey there man, young lifter here too. I would love to connect with you if possible for chat. 22 years old and currently bulking yourself on the road to 250, currently 242 lbs at 6'1". Hope to hear from you.
  #124   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:06 PM

Hi guys,

I am proud to announce you that I am ready to make my official come back to the gym! Yay! I built up enough stamina to actually workout without suffering like hell, so I'm gonna take my training to a whole new level. Let's just say my 40 lbs dumbbells were getting very light, lol... Can't wait to curl 80 lbs dumbbells again! If I progressed that much with just 10lbs, 20lbs and 40 lbs dumbbells, imagine what I'll do with a whole gym!

However, I decided to stop my bulking at the same time as my return to the gym. I'm sick, wait, SICK to be fat. I know I put some quality mass on, but I have to face it, I put way more fat on than I had anticipated. As I already wrote before, my brother is getting married this summer and in april we have to take the tuxedo measurements, so my new goal is the following:

On april 15th, I have to be 190 pounds. Considering I am about 225 pounds right now, it means I have to lose 35 freakin' pounds in... 7 weeks, so I have to lose about 5 pounds a week... I'm not sure I will succed, but I have to try. If I just lose 25 pounds, well, it's gonna be ok, but a bit disappointing. Yep, I'm gonna be 190 pouds on april 15th, or I'll die trying, hahahaha!

Thanks for your support, it's very appreciated. I think I will refrain from posting pics until that date, just so you can really see my progress well. However, I will post a video of me crushing an apple, as I said I would, hahaha. Really, you should all try crushing an apple with one hand. When you succeed, you feel super strong and excited, lol.

Take care,

Niko777

GTlifter, check your inbox!
  #125   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2011, 06:17 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Congrats on returning to the gym...I'm sure your progress will increase geometrically now. Be careful with your focus on a number of pounds to lose. Instead, try to focus on your waist size for example. I fear that you may get to obsessed about the numbers that you starve yourself and choke off your muscle growth. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  #126   Add to aspiringBB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2011, 07:41 AM

aspiringBB is on a distinguished road
I think you've made the right decision. You can bulk too far. The more fat you have to lose while you're cutting, the more muscle you risk losing too. Inevitably there is always some muscle loss, but keeping your bodyfat at a manageable % means that it won't get out of control.
So now you're cutting - hope you've got a nice fatburner to give you a kick-start. Enjoy the cardio and the carb-cycling and I'm sure you can look rock-hard by April.
I agree with the last poster about getting sunk into the numbers game too. The mirror is all that counts. You could get 20in upper arms but if you look like a sumo wrestler, who cares? (Unless sumo is your sport of course)!
More important to have an arm that is impressive and makes people ask you how big it is. When they do, you can always do what the pros do and lie If it looks big enough to ask, it doesn't really matter what the number is. Hehe.
Good luck with the cutting. It's a great process and perfect timing - you will look like a monster just as the weather gets good
  #127   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM

Thanks for the advice, man. I don't really know a lot about cutting, sincerely, well, I did it in the past and I kinda know how to do it, but I don't know about "fatburners". Is there a brand you would recommend me? And if others have suggestions for me too, I'll gladely read them!

Thanks in advance,

Niko777
  #128   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2011, 05:25 AM

So, anybody has a fatburner to suggest me? Something that doesn't cost 10,000$ a pill and doesn't make me have a heartstroke, if possible, hahahaha!

Niko777
  #129   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:06 AM

Ok.... so nobody knows of a good fat burner. Nice!

Anyway, here are some new updated pics and a video of me crushing an apple with one hand. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50710715@N06/5491355987/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50710715@N06/5491948332/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50710715@N06/5491353953/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50710715@N06/5491946440/

and the video

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50710715@N06/5491944986/

So yeah, I pumped my biceps above 18" yesterday and right now they are at 17 3/8" cold. At the begining of the week, I was about 225 and I'm down to 222 right now. Can't wait to be 200 lbs, or even 190 lbs! In the meantine, I'm still training and I'm adding up cardio, plus a diet. Wish me good luck!

Niko777
  #130   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
MASS Matters

Lookin' good, niko...friends from the forum have suggested a really low-carb diet for cutting. I've cut out soft drinks completely and am drinking a lot more water than before. This combined with the lower carb diet and lots of time in the gym is yielding good results. Good luck with your quest.
  #131   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:18 AM

Thanks, man! That's a great idea!
  #132   Add to BADJTM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:42 AM

BADJTM is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, in keep with the theme of this thread, and the fact that I'll be 27 this week. I've decided that Monday is my first day of my 'transformation'. Today, I've started going to the gym the hospital I work at owns. Being that I'm an employee of the hospital I get free consults and whatnot. So they set me up with a routine and took a few measurements. The trainer took me through a starter routine today. I plan on hitting the gym after work, 3 days a week. I'd like to add about 15-20 pounds also. Wish me luck!

- 5'8" tall
- 128 pounds
- 30.5" waist
- 7.9% Body Fat

Last edited by BADJTM; March 4th, 2011 at 07:00 AM.
  #133   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:37 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADJTM View Post
Hey guys, in keep with the theme of this thread, and the fact that I'll be 27 this week. I've decided that Monday is my first day of my 'transformation'. Today, I've started going to the gym the hospital I work at owns. Being that I'm an employee of the hospital I get free consults and whatnot. So they set me up with a routine and took a few measurements. The trainer took me through a starter routine today. I plan on hitting the gym after work, 3 days a week. I'd like to add about 15-20 pounds also. Wish me luck!

- 5'8" tall
- 128 pounds
- 30.5" waist
- 7.9% Body Fat
You sound quite lean. Stick with the "starter routine" until you master it. Maintain good form even if you are tempted to strain/squirm to get another rep or more weight. The beginning of a program is an exciting time for growth. Be sure to eat a lot and get plenty of sleep. Good luck!!
  #134   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM

Hi, BADJTM! I would do as 1bigwoof says. Eat a lot, that's for sure, but remember not to eat crap. I ate a lot of food, believe me, to go from 175 lbs to 225 lbs in a few months. And even if I didn't eat crap, (no fastfood, no sweetdrinks, almost no alcohol, no big desserts, etc.), I gained some fat. So, if you want to stay lean while gaining muscle, eat a lot and well. Lean chicken, a lot of veggies, lean fish, sweet potatoes instead of the classical potato, etc.

Also, 1bigwoof is right when he tells you to stick to the starter routine until you master it. You'll see, if you have never really worked out before, it will be as if your muscles are waking up from a deep slumber and you will be making good gains in a matter of weeks, probably. And when you are ready for a more difficult routine, you will know it. Your body will tell you "Hey, dude, I'm not working hard enough, I could do this all day!" Listen to your body and everything will go well.

Finally, sleep is ESSENTIAL! If you sleep only 4-5 hours a night, well you will get poor gains. When you train, you "hurt" your muscles and they need time to repair. Well, the ideal time of repair is when you sleep, so be sure to give yourself all the chances to reach your goals.

Oh, and before I forget, I have seen a lot of guys start in the gym and evaluate the weights they have to lift in fonction of what the guys around are lifting. BIG MISTAKE. It's not because you see the guy at your right do barbell curls with a 100 lbs barbell and the guy at your left do skullcrushers with a 80 lbs barbell that you have to lift these amounts of iron. Especially as a beginner, you have to keep a good form in your exercises and take good habits for later. So if a 50 lbs barbell is the maximum weight you can curl without cheating form, well just do it. That way, you will get better results and limit the risks of hurting yourself.

I'm glad that my thread can be used by others! After all, that's what a forum is about, right?

Take care and good success,

Niko777
  #135   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:03 PM
MASS Matters

Excellent insight, niko! The fact that you agreed me didn't influence my opinion at all . Seriously, BADJTM, niko has some great points. Hope things go really well for you.
  #136   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:42 AM

Hi guys, just a quick note to tell you that this morning I was 217 lbs! I already lost 8 pounds! I don't know if it's going too fast, but I lost 1/8 of and inch on my arms, which puts me at 17.25" cold. However, I have to say that I feel that I lost some fat on my arms, especially in the triceps region. So, to reach my dream goal of 190 lbs by half of april, I still have 27 pounds to go! Time to work out! Hahaha.

Take care,

Niko777
  #137   Add to aspiringBB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:58 AM

aspiringBB is on a distinguished road
Don't worry about that tape measure - it's the mirror that counts when you're cutting. When you get more detail in your arms, (horse shoe tri, brachialis, veinage), guys will be asking you how big it is. Do what the pros do and lie - nobody ever won a BB competition with a tape measure anyway.

Careful you don't lose weight too fast though - you want to hold onto that lean mass.
  #138   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:43 AM

Yeah, I think you are right. The mirror is what really counts.

I'm doing cardio, but I am working on my muscles too and eating well, full of protein. I hope I'll keep pretty much everything I gained so far, hahaha.

Take care,

Niko777
  #139   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2011, 02:26 PM

Hi guys! A quick update to say that I'm down to 216 now. Biceps still as big as before!

Take care,

Niko777
  #140   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
MASS Matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko777 View Post
Hi guys! A quick update to say that I'm down to 216 now. Biceps still as big as before!

Take care,

Niko777
Whoooooooooa.....F?licitations!!
  #141   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2011, 04:30 AM

Merci beaucoup!
  #142   Add to monstermusclebe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Markus

monstermusclebe is on a distinguished road
Fat Burner for Niko

Niko,

A while back you asked about a fat burner.

I'm not into man-made supplements on the whole. I prefer whole or natural food sources whenever possible. So my recommendation comes with that 'bias'.

What I do for fat burning is this:

(1) Aerobics
First thing in the morning, I do aerobics. As soon as I get up, I get dressed and (yes, lucky me) I go hiking just outside my front door, up a winding hill that offers me nearly perfect aerobic activity.

Studies have shown that doing aerobics the first thing in the morning ~ before you eat anything (pretty sure water is fine) ~ is the optimal time of the day for fat burning. Then wait at least 30 to 60 minutes after aerobic activity before eating something.

Now, there is also a way to do your aerobics optimally for fat burning: The best way to do aerobics, they are finding, is akin to how indigenous cultures hunt for food. The Massai people of Kenya, when they find an animal they wish to kill, will chase the animal at high speed for a few minutes, and then slow down to catch their breath. Then speed up again to force the chase. Then slow down. Again and again. The Massai know that they have greater long-term stamina than the animal does, and so they slowly wear the animal down over time, until it is too tired to put up much of a fight.

It seems that humans were built for doing this sort of thing, for mimicking this behavior seems to be the best thing to stimulate the metabolism via exercise.

For those of us looking for fat loss, this means 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes of intense aerobic (running or hiking quickly up a steep incline or something like that), followed by 1 to 1 1/2 minutes of slow to moderate aerobic activity, back and forth, back and forth, for about 25 minutes. More than that is fine, but 25 minutes is considered important to get the primary benefits ~ which is a kick starting of your metabolism and fat burning in the body ~ and once that is reached the benefits are simply in the more calories you are burning.

Ok, and on to the fat burner:

(2) Homemade Diet Tea
The mix depends on how well you can handle caffeine. The more challenges you have with it, the more you should eliminate the elements of this tea that stand at the top of the list

There is evidence that caffeine affects the body in multiple different ways, depending on its source and how it was prepared. This is clear by how coffee, black tea and white tea affect the body differently, even when the same AMOUNT of caffeine is used. Different studies have shown that each caffeine source hits the body in different ways, and there is some growing evidence that combining these ways together create a more potent fat burner.

I make a large batch of tea for myself each week. I use leaf teas, not tea in a bag. I get them from my nearby health food store. Being from Northern California, I'm lucky in this regard, too. Depending on where you live, you may need to shop around a bit and/or order your leaf teas online.

I place all the leaves of the various elements of the tea into a very large pot on the stove, and fill it with enough water to make my week's supply plus enough tea leaves to make it very strong. I do not boil the tea, but instead take it to about 180 - 190 degrees, enough so that the caffeine and other active elements in the leaves leach into the water, but not high enough to destroy any antioxidants. I simmer this mixture for several hours, continuing to add water if it simmers off (hot water that isn't boiling still gives off some steam).

Here is my mix of teas that I use. They are listed in order of caffeine potency ... from darn potent to super mild or even no caffeine (but still has properties good for fat loss):

* Guarana leaf
* Black tea
* Oolong tea
* Yerba Mate leaf
* Green tea
* White tea
* Passionflower leaf
* Chamomile leaf

I then add freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste. Lemon juice is known to assist with fat loss as well, and it helps the whole thing taste better (a lemonade tea). I finish the tea by adding liquid stevia (one that doesn't have much bitter aftertaste), enough to sweeten it to taste.

If you are caffeine sensitive, I would be careful about using the Guarana, Black or even Oolong teas. I'd also be careful about drinking it after Noon or so. Note: I said CAREFUL. I didn't necessarily say don't do it. Find out what works for your body by experimenting.

When I drink this regularly and do my 25 - 40 minutes of aerobics daily, and eat with fat loss in mind (not combining fats with carbs most of the time, for example), the fat just starts coming off, gently but surely.

There may be quicker ways to lose weight than this, but this is a definite way that works, and its natural too.
  #143   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Wow, thanks, this is a very complete answer, man! I am actually doing cardio almost everyday, but with university, I don't always have time... that sucks. I prefer to do it in the morning too. It gives me energy for the rest of the day. Sadly, I can't do cardio outside for now, since there is snow and ice everywhere, lol... and I don't like cold. Hahahaha. I think I'm gonna try your recipe, looks very good! I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to find all the ingredients, though... I mean, the healthstore near my home don't sell fresh products... do you think I could find them in an asian grocery store? :S

Thanks again, man, I really appreciate the time you took to answer me!

Niko777
  #144   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:03 PM

Quick update, guys, I'm 215 now. 15 pounds to go!
  #145   Add to worshipper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:52 AM

worshipper is on a distinguished road
wow

Wow, down to 215 & maintaining 18" bi's. What a man! Gut must be going away
  #146   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:51 AM

Hi guys!

This is not really an update, I'm gonna wait a while before uploading other pictures and stats. My weight is between 212 and 215 these days.

A few days ago, I went to the tailor my family chose for my brother's wedding. He looked at me, measured me and said "Ok, I think a 42 suit will be just fine for you." As soon as I put it on, it showed I was too big for it, and he was like "Well, you do have a strong chest and big arms... let's try a 44 long." Lol. He measured my neck and it was a bit over 17". I really liked hearing my stats out loud like that, lol.

So yeah, school has been CRAZY for the last weeks, so I didn't really have time to train as much as I wanted to, but now it's over. Since I have been a good boy this year (lol), I decided to treat myself and I ordered the following at bodybuilding.com:

1) Gluta-Lyn 1500 from SciFit, 240 Capsules
2) Xtend from SciVation, Refreshing Watermelon (338.7g), 30 Servings
3) MyoFusion from Gaspari Nutrition, Cookies & Cream, 5 Lbs.
4) GlycerGrow from Controlled Labs Natural, 2.2 Lbs.
5) One of those big resin bottles that you see bodybuilders carrying around in the gym (lol)
6) Gripad lifting gloves (free gift from bodybuilding.com)

If any of you have tips or things to say about these products, please do so, like how much of which you took, etc. I can't wait to receive those and start training like a madman again!

Take care,

Niko777
  #147   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
Myofusion is great stuff, let me tell you.
  #148   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:00 PM

Yeah, I think so too, I did some research before spending so much on all that stuff, lol. It looked like a "clean" source of protein.

I bought Gluta-lyn 1500 because apparently it's good for recovery, so I would take one pill in the morning and another one before going to bed.

Glycergrow is supposed to give skin tearing pumps and to be a very good pre-workout supplement. So I would take 1-2 scoops of it before going to the gym.

Xtend is, from what I read, a good intra-workout product, since it "extends" your stamina and strenght. So I would drink it with some water during my workouts.

And finally, Myofusion would be my post-workout supplement.

So yeah, I hope all those products are going to help me achieve my goals! I think my plan is a good one.

Oh, and I prepared myself a training program that I called "The 9 weeks of the warrior", lol! Basically, for the next 9 weeks, I'll workout 5 days a week (Monday is biceps and back, Tuesday is triceps and chest, Wednesday is legs, Thursday is traps, neck, shoulders and forearms, and Friday is a mix of biceps, back, triceps, chest, and pretty much everything I feel like doing on that day. I'll do 30 minutes of cardio pre-workout and about 15 post-workout on each of those 5 days. I'll also do abs everyday and train my hands with grippers every now and then. Can't wait to start on monday!

Take care and if you have tips, they are welcome!

Niko777
  #149   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
I take creatine (loading cycle begins tomorrow!) and Jack3d for my pre-workout supp. Those are some good stuff.
  #150   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2011, 05:38 AM

Hi guys,

Yesterday was my big comeback to the gym! I was a bit scared to feel pain (remember, I've had mononucleosis a few months ago, and I had pain EVERY SINGLE TIME I lifted weights), but all pain related to that is gone. But this morning, I am so sore in the arms and back that I have troubles just movoing, hahaha. It's a good sign, I guess!

I still haven't received my supplements from bodybuilding.com. They shipped it 4 days ago and gave me a tracking number, but when I go to the website of the shipping company (DHL), they say that tracking number doesn't exist... It cost me quite a lot of money, so I'm getting kinda nervous, lol.... I just hope everything is gonna be okay.

Today is triceps and chest, but I wonder if I'll just do that tomorrow instead. Seriously, just moving hurts, lol.

Take care,

Niko777
  #151   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM

Hi guys,

It's been a while since my last update. I started summer work (gotta pay university bills, damn...), which is 40 hours a week in a warehouse. Even though the pay is great, it really is a tiring job and sometimes I have to sleep 10 hours just to replenish my energy... seriously, the bosses treat us students like slaves, lol...

Anyway, it means that in the past weeks, I just didn't have the energy to work out as often as I wish I had. I lost some fat and my weight these days is between 216-218. I gained back some size in the lower body section (my thighs are about 27" unpumped), which makes it more and more difficult to wear jeans, lol...

I received my supplements from bodybuilding.com and I decided to use this thread to make a "pro and cons" post about those products. I receive no money from those companies, so believe me, I'm 100% honest about their products, lol.

1) Gluta-lyn 1500: It's glutamine in pills and it does WONDERS. Soreness disappeared right after I took it before bed, so I was really impressed. I will definitely buy it again.

2) Glycergrow: IT TASTES LIKE SHIT. Seriously. It doesn't mix with water AT ALL, and they even recommend to just pop the powder it into your mouth and swallow it. And it's like swallowing salty sand. Taste and mixability wise, it's one of the worst I have ever used. However, I got great pumps on it. It takes about 5 days to take effect, but the pumps are so intense that it hurts a bit (which is good). Imagine, one day I trained my arms and the day after, I had stretch marks appearing on my BACK near my arms because they were so pumped! I will definitely continue using it for a while, even though it tastes very bad.

3) Xtend: Watermelon flavor tastes ok, and the mixability is good, but not great, since there are still some bits that don't mix in water. I take it as an intra-workout supplement and I feel it helped me stay full of energy and do more reps than usual. Will buy again.

4) Myofusion: Taste is not good (cookies and cream), but it's a good clean source of protein and it's digested very fast. I will buy it again, but take another flavor.

So this morning, it was arms day, and I looked at all those supplements I had (plus some others that I already had), and I told myself: "Hey, you have all those potentially unsafe products, why don't you try a mix-it-all?" LOL! So I took glutamine pills, and mixed creatine, nano-vapor, glycergrow, xtend and myofusion with water and made myself a shake from hell! Gosh, it was grey and tasted HORRIBLE. Worse than glycergrow, hahaha. But you know what? My arms were so pumped that I had trouble bending them! That pump sure was intense! I didn't measure my arms and will not measure them for a while, but I swear, they were so pumped it hurted. I think I'll try that again, for sure!

Hahaha, sorry for writing a novel, but I had a lot of stuff to say!

Take care,

Niko777

(Oh, and before I forget, a guy at my job called me "Thor" the other day, it made my day! )
  #152   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:08 PM
MASS Matters

Thanks for the feedback on the supplements and for the update on where you'd been hiding out lately. Do the best you can with your schedule and hang in there until things get a little less complex. I went to see Thor recently and if you were called that, it was a huuuuuuuuge compliment. Keep it up, buddy.
  #153   Add to DragonKnight's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM

DragonKnight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DragonKnight
Thanks for the supplement review. I've been looking to try a few of those and was wondering if they would be worth my money.
  #154   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:48 AM

Thanks, 1bigwoof! I really took the guy's compliment as a HUUUUUUGE compliment!

DragonKnight, I'm happy my reviews were useful to you.

You know, glycergrow really works, but you have to be ready for the disgusting taste/texture. The first time I put the powder directly into my mouth, I almost puked, lol... I swallowed it with water, but barely. Now, I can control my "puke" reflex better, lol, so it's fine, hahaha. To see it work, you have to wait about a week or more, I don't know why, so if you use it, you have to be a bit patient. Oh, and the price is kinda low and the container, even if small, contains like 10 000 000 000 servings, lol! No, but seriously, a serving size is 3 scoops, and it contains 120 times that, which makes about 360 scoops, lol.

The glutaime pills I take are great, but I think you can pretty much buy any recognized brand of glutamine pills or powder and make a good deal.

Finally, for Myofusion, I swear, cookies and cream also almost made me puke. It was DISGUSTING. I bought a GNC generic whey powder and I mix one scoop of one with one scoop of the other one to make it more bearable. Eeeeeew, it's really bad.

Anyway, in a few weeks I'll make another update, but if some people want to ask questions or make comments, I'll answer for sure!

Take care,

Niko777
  #155   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Minotaur

Brahma
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko777 View Post
Finally, for Myofusion, I swear, cookies and cream also almost made me puke. It was DISGUSTING. I bought a GNC generic whey powder and I mix one scoop of one with one scoop of the other one to make it more bearable. Eeeeeew, it's really bad.
I'm glad I went with the vanilla flavor. It's very tasty, especially with milk.
  #156   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
I'm glad I went with the vanilla flavor. It's very tasty, especially with milk.
I'll try vanilla next time, then!
  #157   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2011, 05:34 AM

Hi guys,

Just a quick update before going to the gym for arm training. I'm about 220 pounds now, but I feel leaner. My biceps are 17 3/8 cold and my chest is 44.5 cold. I really feel like I'm making progress again, which is awesome. Oh, my calves are about 17.5 (my right one is a bit smaller, I don't know why... damn), my wrists are 13.5 and my neck is 17.5 now.

Yesterday, I went to a bar with friends, and we had typical "guy talk": cars, girls, sport, alcohol, work, etc. I didn't really interest me, but the amaretto and tequila helped me find it more interesting, hahaha. Then, all of a sudden, they started talking about muscle training and stats, and they started telling me "you are huge", "your forearms are bigger than my biceps" (which is true), "can you touch your hands in your back" (lol), etc. I didn't really know how to react to that kind a attention, lol, but I just said thanks and laughed and everything went fine, hahaha.

But you know, we don't realize it sometimes, but a guy with 13" biceps is not unusual. I see a lot of ADULT guys whose arms are that size or even smaller! So it feels kinda nice to know that your forearms are bigger than some others' arms!

Since I made a "where I am" and a "where I want to be" post at the beginning of this thread, I decided to do one again. Here I go:

My stats RIGHT NOW

Height: 5'11 (I thought I was 6 feet tall, but I got measured by a doctor... damn)
Weight: 220 pounds
Biceps: 17 3/8" cold, 18 1/8" pumped
Forearms: 13.5" cold
Quads: 27" cold
Calves: 17.5" cold
Chest: 44.5" cold
Neck: 17.5"
Waist: about 39" (but for some reason, I wear size 36 jeans, lol...)

The stats I WILL have eventually, hahaha:

Height: 5'11 (Or taller if a miracle happens, knowing I'm in my early twenties, hahaha)
Weight: 210 pounds
Biceps: 18" cold, 19" pumped
Forearms: 15.5" cold
Quads: 30" cold
Calves: 19" cold
Chest: 50" cold
Neck: 19"
Waist: 33-34"

So yeah, my objectives may seem a bit high, but I think I can make it. Anyways, I have to go workout, so that's all for now.

Take care,

Niko777
  #158   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:36 AM
MASS Matters

Thanks for the update, niko....you never answered the question! Can you touch your hands around your back?

Your stats are impressive as are your goals. I wish you continued success with your training. I hope you will continue to get the motivating feedback as you continue your growth.
  #159   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:43 AM

Oh, touching my hands behind my back? Barely... Thanks for your comments, 1bigwoof!
  #160   Add to Ohme123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:21 PM

Ohme123 is on a distinguished road
woof! when are ya gonna post new pics? i'd love to see your progress.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options