The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 27: It's My Turn

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion
Part 13: America
Part 14: Deep Inside My Heart
Part 15: Mister Sandman
Part 16: Hard To Say
Part 17: Bette Davis Eyes
Part 18: Limelight
Part 19: Cool Love
Part 20: Don't Let Him Go
Part 21: Physical
Part 22: Hold On Tight
Part 23: Medley
Part 24: I Love You
Part 25: The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
Part 26: Everlasting Love

Any feedback is very much appreciated - I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

It kept raining. And raining. And raining. Ben Reeves had heard stories from his father about the sometimes unending rainfall in the Pacific Northwest, but he honestly thought they were an exaggeration. After six straight days of almost constant precipitation, however, Ben had become a believer – and even worse, the Seattle Times reported it was supposed to continue raining for at least three more days.

On the afternoon of August 31, Ben sat alone in his aunt’s house, waiting for Tug to arrive from back from his errands – with Mr. and Mrs. Yates out of town until late that evening, still on their trip to the East Coast to visit their older son, Tug had taken the ferry to the city to deliver paychecks to his father’s corporate office, and then was going grocery shopping for this evening’s dinner. Tonight he was going to make something the Yates family had named Frankfurter Spectacular, which according to Tug, was more truthfully heavy on the frankfurter and light on the spectacular.

While waiting, Ben sat on the living room couch and stared through the large plate-glass window that faced the front yard. The rain was mesmerizing to watch, as it beat upon the puddled sidewalk and cascaded into the street, and the tap-tap-tap sound coming from the roof was strangely comforting. He nervously fidgeted along with the rhythm of the rain, thinking about the conversation he wanted to have with Tug. And if Tug reciprocated his emotions, Ben hoped that the two might live their lives in the open and without secrets.

I can't cover up my feelings or play it safe…for a while that was easy…

Ben remembered all the effort that had gone into hiding his first real relationship, as Kelly had insisted on total secrecy, not even wanting to stand too close to him when they were in a public place. It was fun at first, sneaking around and planning secret trysts, but eventually the game became tiresome and created a rift between the two. And this time around, Ben refused to play that game.

If living for myself is what I'm guilty of, then people can go on and judge me…but I'll still be free…

He thought about his friends and family back in New York, thinking that most of them would probably not care too much, although a few would probably not talk to him again. Ben was not even convinced that his parents, who most folks considered to be the nicest people in the world, would completely understand. But at the same time, Ben was fairly certain they would still be supportive of the truth. Of his true feelings. Of his true self.

It's my turn to see what I can see, so I hope they'll understand this time's just for me…

He thought about his baseball teammates, the ones he had in high school, the ones he was going to have in college, and the ones had had hoped to have in the major leagues. Ben knew that by making his admission, and by living the life he was meant to live, he was probably giving up a chance at a pro career, especially given the level of conservatism sweeping the country. But he would rather risk that career than live a life full of lies.

It’s my turn…and I make no apologies…I've given up the truth to those I've tried to please...

Ben also realized that he was taking a chance by telling Tug – he hoped that his friend felt the same way, but he wasn't 100% sure. Even though he had wanted to say something since Tug had returned from the camping trip on August 1st, Ben resisted the urge to have the conversation as long as he could. And as of this evening, he just couldn’t wait anymore. Tonight it was time to let go of the secret.

It's my turn…If I don't have all the answers, well, at least I know that I took my share of chances…because, really, there ain't no use in holding on when nothing stays the same…

After a few more minutes of staring at the window, Ben considered that it was probably not the most productive way to spend his time and that he should really be doing something a little more physical. The boys had not been outside much for the past few days because of the rain, so Ben opted to take a short jog, thinking it might be refreshing. He stood up and strode toward the entryway, taking off his shirt as he walked and tossing it on a nearby chair.

He passed by the mirror in the hallway and caught a glimpse of himself wearing only his athletic shorts and tennis shoes. Ben could have admired any of the bulging muscles on his shirt-free torso, or his perfectly tanned skin, golden hair, or handsome face – but he didn’t notice any of those features. He just saw someone who felt free for the very first time in his life.

It's my turn, with no more room for lies…for years I’ve seen my life through someone else's eyes…

Ben opened the front door, stepped out on the porch, and closed the door behind him. The rain was still coming down hard, so he decided to take his jog along the sidewalk instead of the beach. He didn’t know exactly the route he would take, but decided to just play it by ear and keep going until he was exhausted.

It's my turn to try and find my way…and if I should get lost, well, at least I'll own today…

“Here goes nothing,” he said as he leapt down the porch and into the squall. The rain furiously pelted his head and torso and he was instantly drenched. Ben didn’t care, however, because he was enjoying the first outdoor exercise he had had in six days. He looked up at the dark clouds and smiled.

So let it rain, 'cause the rain ain't gonna hurt me…

Ben ran at an all-out sprint, moving as fast as his muscular legs would carry him. He was confident that everything was going to turn out positive.

I’m gonna let Tug know, and it’s going to be easy…

Ben was sure of it.

It's my turn to reach and touch the sky…no one's gonna say at least I didn't try…

Last edited by Padraig; August 22nd, 2009 at 07:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:47 AM

"It's My Turn," by Diana Ross. This fanvid is a bit odd, so you may want to just close your eyes and listen to the song.

#3   Add to memorex414's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2009, 01:20 PM

memorex414 is on a distinguished road
Love it. Can't wait for the next installment. Want to know Tug's reaction.
  #4   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM

Thanks, Memorex. Next chapter will be posted soon!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options