The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Reasonably Insane

Thanked 2,303 Times in 192 Posts
Reeza will become famous soon enough
The Gardener (Part 17)

Author's Note: This chapter contains depictions of great food, alcohol, drunkenness, startling revelations, mood swings, small Spandex garments, arguments, violence, and a quick blowjob. Just like my family's Christmas party. Enjoy!

Previously on The Gardener . . . Adam visited Sam in his apartment and found out what it's like to surrender control; Sam seemed to like the dominant role; and Adam naively shared too much information with Henry.

The Gardener
by Reeza

Parts 1 and 2 : Part 3 : Part 4 : Part 5 : Part 6 : Part 7 : Part 8 : Part 9 : Part 10 : Part 11 : Part 12 : Part 13 : Part 14 : Part 15 : Part 16

Part 17

On Wednesday morning I woke up with Sam's arm draped over me. It was a nice change because he was usually up before I awoke. I tried to roll over, but shifting his heavy arm was no easy task. As soon as I started moving, he curled his arm in, dragging my body against his as easily as if I were a stuffed bear.

He muttered. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I wasn't going anywhere. I just wanted to roll over and look at you."

"Oh. Okay." He lifted his arm and I turned to face him, lying on my side. Without opening his eyes, he brought his hand back down, found my ass and gave it a squeeze. "Mmm . . . nice butt. What's your name again?"

"Phyllis." He smiled. I said, "Good morning, handsome," and kissed the tip of his nose. "It's nice to wake up with you for a change."

"You wore me out last night. I can barely move."

"Well, if you weren't such a weakling, you could keep up with me." I rested my hand on his muscled shoulder and took note of the fact that his forearm was thicker than my upper arm. "I'm gonna get up and do my exercises. Do you want me to cook breakfast for you?"

He rolled onto his back and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "No, I'll just go to the doughnut shop and get my usual. Do you want anything?"

"Doughnuts again? You're gonna get too fat for your new swimming suit. What will Flora think?"

He propped himself up on one elbow, causing his abdominals to flex. With his fingertips, he moved the skin over the clearly defined muscles. "You're right, I am getting kind of flabby. Maybe I'll only get a dozen today." He looked at me with a straight face.

I crinkled my brow. "How many do you usually get?"

With a sparkle in his eye he said, "None of your business."

I waited about five seconds before pouncing on him to kiss his sexy abs. When I surprised him with a playful, buzzing kiss on a ticklish spot at the side of his waist, he laughed, flipped me onto my back, and started kissing my stomach. I still felt a little uneasy about being touched in that area, but he did it with such obvious enjoyment that I was getting more comfortable with it. He moved up my chest, to my neck, and my cheek, and then kissed me slowly on the mouth. I looked at his eyes and his tousled hair, and the shadow of beard stubble on his jaw. "If we don't get out of bed right now, we're gonna be here all day."

"You're right. I'm so tempted." He rolled off the bed and stood up to stretch. I loved watching his morning stretch . . . the way it showed off his v-shaped torso, perfect ass, armpits, biceps . . . oh, God . . . I'm getting hard just thinking about it.

I rolled off the other side of the bed and stretched in a similar way. He watched me while casually scratching his balls. "Sam, I've been wondering . . . when do you work out? With your work schedule . . . when do you have the time?"

"I don't. I haven't worked out for . . . I dunno . . . not since I moved my weights into the basement."

"You're kidding."

"No. Remember, I told you I was gonna stop working out until you got used to my body the way it is." He stepped into his shorts and zipped them up. "Besides, I don't have to work out as long as you keep feeding me the way you do."

I shook my head. "It's hard not to hate you for that, but at least I get to enjoy the results. Then why do you have the weights?"

"When I bought them I was still figuring out how things work for me. And I can still use them. I just need to be careful about when I lift, and how much, so I don't get too . . . well, let's not get into that now. What time are we supposed to be at Flora's?"

"At noon." I thought about what he just said. "Whataya mean? Let's not get into what?"

"That means I'm suggesting we talk about it some other time. I don't want you to get all . . . you don't need to know everything at once." He pulled his t-shirt over his head and stuck his arms through the sleeves. I heard a ripping noise. "Dammit! Another one?" He examined the hole that exposed part of his shoulder.

I looked at him with lust in my heart. "I'm getting a huge boner just imagining what you're not telling me."

He looked down and saw the proof. "I can take care of that for you in about three minutes. If you want me to."

"Three minutes? I guess I could spare three . . ."

Before I finished speaking he had his hands on my waist. He hoisted me in the air, closed his mouth over my erection, and started sucking on me like a kid with a juice box. Needless to say, things happened pretty quickly due to the efficiency of his method. I braced my hands on the top of his head, made a squeaking noise, and delivered the payoff. He suctioned me clean with a few tight drags on my shaft and some playful licks, and set me back on the floor. After wiping his mouth with the back of his hand he said, "Thanks," patted me on the ass and walked out of my bedroom. He called from the stairway, "I'll see you later."

My mind had been wiped clean and needed to reboot before I could remember what I was planning to do next. When I recovered, I got down on the floor and started doing push-ups.

When it was time to go over to Flora's house, Sam asked me, "Do I look okay?" He looked great, of course. He was wearing navy blue chino shorts and a bright yellow polo shirt. These were new items that fit him well, but did nothing to hide his impressive physique. The yellow looked good with his tanned skin, dark hair and green eyes. I looked him up and down as if trying to decide whether he was acceptable. Finally I said, "Yeah, you're fuckable." He rolled his eyes at me. "Are you wearing your new swimsuit under there?"

"Yes."

"Don't you want to show me before we go?"

"No."

"I don't know why you're being so mysterious about it."

He shrugged. "Just to bug you."

"Okay. How do I look?"

"Handsome. I'm proud to be seen with you." He was completely sincere, but the twinkle in his eye let me know that he won this little contest by giving such a classy response after I said something crude. It was hard to beat him at this game.

"Shall we go, then?" I picked up a box of pecan pralines I purchased from a high end candy maker downtown. Flora had Southern manners, and I wouldn't dare show up at her house without a hostess gift. We went out the back door, and I was about to cut through the gap in the hedge that separated my garden from her yard.

"Adam . . . shouldn't we go to the front door? We're not burglars."

"Oh . . . yeah, I guess you're right." I was a little embarrassed that I didn't think of that. We went around to the front of her house and rang the doorbell.

Sam looked kind of nervous. "I feel like we're on our first date." It hadn't occurred to me that we never had that experience. We hadn't gone out together at all. This was the first time we were socializing as a couple.

The door was opened by Flora's long-term housekeeper, Agnes. "Mr. Adam, please come in." I had forgotten about her formal way of addressing me. She called me 'Mr. Adam' even when I was a teenager visiting with my parents. She had a stern face, a warm heart, and a hint of Scotland in her voice. We stepped into the foyer and she closed the door behind us.

"Agnes, it's good to see you again. This is my friend, Sam."

"Mr. Sam, you're welcome here."

"I'm pleased to meet you, ma'am."

"You'll call me Agnes, dearie, I'm not the Queen of England."

"Alright . . . Agnes. Please call me Sam."

"I certainly will not. We have standards in this house." There was a flash in her eyes that let us know she was all bark and no bite. I don't think I had ever seen her smile, but I knew she had a sense of humor. Flora couldn't abide humorless people. "I'll take you to Mrs. O'Neill."

We passed through the house filled with antique furniture and other beautiful objects that may have been in Flora's family for generations. The large kitchen smelled wonderful. I knew Agnes was an excellent cook. We exited the back of the house and walked out onto the terrace where Flora was standing in the shade of a large umbrella, inspecting the arrangement of place settings on the patio table. "Your guests are here, ma'am."

Flora turned around and smiled, stepping towards me with her arms open. "Adam! It's lovely to see you." I kissed her cheek, as expected, and felt her soft hand on my face. She looked up at Sam.

"Flora, this is Sam, the one I've been telling you about."

"Mrs. O'Neill, I'm so pleased to meet you, finally." Sam took her hand and bent down to kiss it, and I fell in love with him all over again.

"How charming! Welcome, Sam. I've been looking forward to this as well. Is it Samuel? My father's name was Samuel."

"Actually, my full name is Samson, but I prefer Sam."

"Oh, but that's a splendid name! Samson . . . it suits you." Her eyes took his measurements. "Agnes, this is the young man who nearly broke Edward's hand. Isn't he magnificent?"

"Aye, ma'am. I like him already." Agnes' expression didn't change a bit.

Sam was blushing. "I'm so sorry about your son, Mrs. O'Neill . . . I shouldn't have . . ."

"There's no need to apologize, honey! I'm sure he deserved it. When Clarence told us that story, Agnes and I must have laughed for ten minutes. Didn't we, Agnes?"

"Aye, ma'am. It was a good day." She almost smiled.

"Just look at these two! Agnes, when was the last time we had such fine young men in this house?"

"Too long, ma'am. I do miss it."

Flora put her arm around my waist. "Hasn't Adam grown into a handsome gentleman? Can you believe this is that same boy who used to come here with his parents?" Now I was blushing.

"Quietest boy I ever saw. Like a rabbit. I always thought he was up to something, but he wasn't." If I'm not mistaken, that was high praise coming from Agnes. "Looks like his father, now, doesn't he ma'am?"

"Indeed, he does. But he has his mother's eyes." I was going to cry if they kept this up.

Agnes looked at Sam from top to bottom. "This one's built like a plow horse we had when I was a wee girl." That made me smile.

Sam said, "You grew up on a farm? So did I."

She looked at him sideways. "Aye."

Flora apologized. "You'll have to forgive us. Since Mr. O'Neill passed away, we've hosted too many card parties for old women. We're just excited to have some testosterone in the air."

"We're excited too. I brought you some pecan pralines. I hope you like them."

"Oh, you know I love sugar! Thank you, dear, that's very thoughtful. Agnes, will you take these into the house, please?"

"Aye, ma'am. Shall I begin serving?"

"Yes, please. I'll leave it in your capable hands. Samson, dear, why don't you sit across from me, and Adam can sit between us. I hope you're both hungry, because Agnes has outdone herself today by preparing a five course luncheon." Sam's eyes lit up. "Honestly, I tried to talk her out of it, but she thinks young men still eat like farm hands. She has no idea how weight conscious some of you boys are."

I smiled. "I think we'll manage, won't we Sam?"

"Yes. I'm hungry."

We heard a pop from the kitchen. Flora explained, "I thought we'd have some champagne to celebrate. I assume you both drink?"

"I certainly do, but . . ." I looked at Sam.

"I've never tried alcohol. I'm not twenty-one yet."

"My stars! I had no idea . . . you're very large . . . but that's marvelous! It's been so long since I corrupted a young man! Please, do me the honor of letting me corrupt you. Will you join us in a glass? I won't insist . . ."

Sam looked nervous, but I nodded at him. "Okay. I'll try it." He formed a shy smile. "I guess if I'm going to be corrupted it should be done by an expert."

Flora laughed loudly. So did I. The ice was broken. Agnes approached with the bottle of champagne and Flora repeated what Sam had said to her. Agnes' nose twitched as she filled our champagne flutes. "He knows you already, ma'am."

As we sipped the champagne, Agnes presented elegant soup plates filled with salmon bisque garnished with watercress. Flora engaged Sam in conversation. "You said you grew up on a farm, dear. Where was that?"

"Up north, in Sorek County. It's kind of isolated. There's not much to see."

"Do you still have family there?"

"My parents are there. There's no one else."

"And how often do you visit them?"

"Well . . . I haven't had any contact with them for almost a year. They don't approve of . . . choices I've made. That's what they would say. They're very religious, so . . ."

"They condemned you for being a homosexual." Flora liked to get things out on the table. "I'm so sorry to hear that, honey."

Sam squirmed a little and shrugged. "Thanks." He focused on his soup.

I would have dropped the conversation there, but Flora continued. "Do you miss them?"

He looked up at her, perhaps as surprised by the question as I was, but he nodded. "Yes. I miss them very much." He twirled his champagne glass between his fingers, then picked it up and drank what was left in the glass.

"Oh, dear. I'm sure they miss you terribly. You're their only child."

I drained my glass as well. Why do people have to talk about feelings? It's so awkward. Agnes moved quietly around the table, refilling our glasses. When she came to Sam, she laid her hand on his shoulder very briefly, as though it was an accident. He looked up at her. "Thank you. The soup was delicious, Agnes." I nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, Mr. Sam. Would you like more?"

"No, thank you. I want to save room for everything else." Sam was being very polite.

She looked at him out of the corner of her eye. "You've got room. There's a wee bit left here. It'll just go down the drain."

He glanced at Flora, at me, and then looked at Agnes' blank expression. "Well, it's too good to waste." She took his plate and ladled the last of the soup into it, dropping a sprig of watercress in the center before placing it before him. It was another full serving. He picked up his spoon and started eating again.

Flora looked at me and smiled at their interaction. "Agnes, you could have offered some to Adam."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Adam. Did you want more?"

"No, I'm fine. It was delicious."

Agnes picked up the soup tureen. Before heading back to the kitchen, she said, almost under her breath, "Rabbits don't eat as much as horses, ma'am."

Flora and I chuckled. Sam smiled, but his face flushed red. "I'm sorry, Mrs. O'Neill. I have a big appetite. Adam knows this better than anyone. I try to be polite . . ."

"Honey, it's perfectly fine! Don't think twice about it. And please, call me Flora." She beamed at both of us. "I like a man who eats well. It's a very masculine quality, don't you agree, Adam?"

"I do agree. His appetite is one my favorite things about him. But that's a long list." Sam rolled his eyes and continued eating his soup.

She placed her hand over mine on the table. It reminded me of something my mother used to do when she was trying to express something important. "I'm so happy for you, Adam. I have been hoping to see you with a suitable young man for a long time now. Your dear mother and I expressed that wish many, many times before she passed."

I cupped my hand over my mouth as tears came to my eyes. "My mother . . . knew?" Sam looked at me sympathetically and reached over to rub my shoulder.

Flora was surprised. "Why, of course she knew, Adam. Your father as well. You were their greatest treasure. They loved you very much!"

I wasn't expecting this at all. I thought we would just have a nice lunch. What am I gonna do with all these feelings, now? I picked up my glass and drank the champagne in two gulps.

Sam was still rubbing my shoulder. "Just breathe, Adam. You can do this. They're just feelings."

Agnes arrived with another tray and removed our soup plates. "What did I miss, ma'am?"

"Oh, dear. I've just revealed to Adam that his parents knew about his homosexuality. You know how clumsy I can be about these things. I had no idea he was unaware."

"You're a bull in a china shop, ma'am." Agnes patted me on the shoulder. "We all knew, dearie. It's just who you are." She set in front of me a plate that held a delicious smelling golden brown cloud. "Eat my cheese souffle. You'll feel better." She provided the same for Flora and Sam, and refilled my champagne flute.

We all tasted the souffle. Sam moaned, "Oh my God! Agnes, will you marry me?" She scoffed and removed his empty glass, taking it and the soup plates into the house. "Uh oh. I think I've been cut off." He smiled. "I like champagne!" There was a hint of silliness in his voice.

My emotions seemed to be under control again, so I decided to find out more about my parents. I asked Flora, "If my parents knew I was gay, why didn't they ever talk to me about it?"

'I don't know, sweetie. Your parents were lovely people, but . . . they lived more internally than externally, if you understand what I mean. They were intellectuals, they loved books, and they could converse on many interesting topics, but it took a long time to get to know them. They didn't talk about themselves easily."

Sam was scraping the bottom of his souffle dish. "I know exactly what you mean because he's the same way." He pointed at me with his spoon. "There's always something going on in there, and you never know if he's telling you everything. You're like a puzzle, aren't you, Babe?"

Babe? He never called me that. That champagne must have gone straight to his head. It was cute. I looked back at Flora to see if she had anything else to say about my parents.

She smiled warmly. "You are like your father - the emotional world was unfamiliar to him as well. He was steady and loyal, and very proud of you. Your mother felt things deeply, but rarely showed it. There were times when I felt sorry for her, living in that house with her quiet men. That's what drew us together. We both felt a bit left out by the men we loved. My life with Mr. O'Neill was, as I told you, a grand compromise. I enjoyed the men in his social circle, but I was never really a part of their world." She paused for a sip of champagne. "Samson, honey, I don't know if Adam told you, but my husband was a homosexual."

"You're kidding! Why did you marry him?"

"I loved him. I have no other excuse. And the world was very different then."

Without a moment's hesitation, he asked, "Did you have sex?"

"Sam!" I gave him a scolding look, but Flora was already laughing.

He realized his error. "I'm sorry! That was rude. What is wrong with me?" Agnes returned and put a glass of iced tea next to him, then started collecting the souffle dishes.

Flora obviously wasn't bothered. "I believe you are experiencing the effects of champagne, my dear. It loosens the tongue. And to answer your question, yes, we did have sexual relations early in our marriage. He was eager to please me, and we wanted to have a child, so we had Edward."

"Huh!" Sam found this interesting. "I bet you were pretty hot when you were younger, but . . ." I glared at him. He shrugged. "What? She's pretty! Don't you think she's pretty?" He was still gesturing with his spoon even though his souffle was long gone. I glanced apologetically at Flora, who was enjoying all of this immensely. Sam made a face and pointed at me to suggest that I was crazy. "Anyway . . . I don't know if I could have sex with a woman, could you, Adam?" He set his elbow on the table, holding up his spoon like it was relevant to the conversation.

I put one hand on my cheek and shook my head at him. "I don't want to discuss that right now, okay?"

He looked at me as though I was being difficult. Agnes came up behind him and deftly slipped the spoon out of his fingers. He brought his hand in front of his face, looked confused, then started searching on the table and under the table to see where he had dropped it. He looked over at Agnes who showed him the spoon with her usual blank expression. He smiled. "You tricked me! I like you!" She headed back to the kitchen, and he looked back at me. "What were we talking about?"

"We were talking about your job." I lied.

"We were?" He looked at Flora. "So what did you wanna know?"

"Tell me everything, honey. I'm very interested."

"Okay. I work at Dave's Nursery, and I'm learning all about plants and shrubs and trees and gardening and landscaping. And business. And Dave is kind of cranky, like Adam times five, except he's not really cranky when you get to know him, just like Adam, so I like working for him because I'm used to that, and he's teaching me all about how he runs the business and manages employees and stuff. He says I'm a good worker, and he kind of reminds me of my Dad . . ." Suddenly, he was about to cry. I put my hand on his arm and gave it a squeeze. He pulled himself together and continued. "I'm sorry. So . . . I like the people I work with. They call me 'Muffin.' We joke around a lot and it makes the days go faster. And when I take my shirt off I make more money. I like it."

Flora spoke. "That's wonderful dear. What did you say they call you?"

"'Muffin.' It's short for 'Studmuffin,' because of all this." He waved his hand up and down to indicate his body.

I grinned and squeezed his arm again. Flora looked like she was going to burst with delight. "Why, that's the best nickname I've ever heard! And well-deserved. Samson, you are the most charming person I've met in many years, and I'd like us all to be great friends from now on. How does that sound?"

He smiled and blushed. "Great! I can always use another friend." He turned to me and spoke more quietly. "I'm so relieved. I thought I was gonna embarrass myself."

I still had my hand on his arm. "I didn't think so. I knew she would like you almost as much as I do."

"Hey, what about Agnes? Is she included?"

Flora laughed. "Yes, sweetie, Agnes is included."

"Awesome!" He whispered to me as though no one else could hear him. "Are you gonna finish your champagne?"

"Yes."

He paused. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." I pointed at the ice tea next to him.

"Hey! Where did that come from?" He picked it up and drank from it.

Agnes arrived with the main course which was arranged on our plates as it would be in a fine restaurant. She served Flora first, and announced that it was medallions of beef and mushrooms in red wine sauce. It was accompanied by rosettes of oven-browned mashed potatoes and asparagus spears. She served me, then Sam. His plate contained double portions of everything.

His face lit up as he looked from his plate to mine. "Wow, I got more than you did. Thank you, Agnes!" He beamed at her. "You know, I used to be a waiter."

She clasped her hands and looked at him. "And why should that interest me?"

"I'm just sayin'. I know you like me. I can tell."

One of her eyebrows moved up by a fraction of an inch. "Mr. Adam, would you like anything else to drink?"

"I'll have some iced tea, please."

"Ma'am?"

"I'll have some lemon water, dear. This meal is outstanding, Agnes. I can't thank you enough for all you do."

"My pleasure ma'am."

The beef practically melted in my mouth, and the sauce was perfect. This was shaping up to be one of the best meals I had ever had. Agnes was a hidden treasure, and she had found the quick way to Sam's heart. He was eating more slowly than usual, savoring every mouthful.

Flora raised the next subject of conversation. "So, gentlemen . . . what shall we do about Helen Van Wootten and her little crusade?"

Sam asked, "Is this the weasel lady?" I nodded. "Y'know, I tried to say hello to her the other day, and she ran away from me like I was an ax murderer!"

Flora asked wryly, "Did you point any implements at her, dear?" I looked sideways at her.

"No, but Adam did." I looked sideways at him.

"Again? Adam, really!"

I huffed. "No! Not again. I didn't do anything to her this time. Or the first time!" I was exasperated. "For the last time, I did not threaten that woman!"

Sam explained. "She was taking pictures of us in front of the house, so I went down there to introduce myself, but she jumped in her car and drove away. She screeched her tires! Adam stayed on the porch, 'cause he's a chicken." When I looked annoyed, he added, "Well . . . you are."

"She was taking photographs? What were you doing?"

I shrugged. "Hanging flower baskets. How awful is that?"

Flora speculated. "In her narrow mind, any suggestion of a romantic relationship between the two of you would constitute a threat to her way of life."

Sam snorted. "It's a good thing she didn't see us last night, right, Adam?"

I don't know why that triggered my anger, but I lashed out at him. "Sam, would you please just shut up and eat? We're trying to have an adult conversation here!"

He froze. The wounded look on his face made me regret my words immediately. But, of course, he was the one who apologized. "I'm sorry . . . I was just . . . I'll be quiet." He looked down at his plate and found something to put in his mouth. Suddenly the world seemed terribly silent. I hated myself. I picked up my glass and drank the last of my champagne. As soon as I set the glass down, Agnes was there to snatch it off the table.

Flora put her hand on mine and broke the silence. "Adam, honey . . . he's just feeling silly from the champagne. You remember what it was like the first time, don't you?"

My whole body was flooded with self-loathing. I couldn't look at either of them. "Yes. I know. I'm sorry, Sam. I shouldn't have said that."

"No, you were right. I was talking too much, and I shouldn't joke about private things."

That only made me feel worse. Why does he have to be so much better than me? Why can't he just be an asshole, so I don't look so bad? "You didn't do anything wrong, Sam. I was wrong. Please . . . just accept my apology."

"I accept. Of course. I forgive you." He put his hand on my knee. "I love ya, Babe."

Someone else might have been comforted or relieved . . . perhaps amused. Anyone else would have felt fortunate. But I wasn't anyone else. His forgiveness cut me to the bone, exposing my weakness and inadequacy. Perspiration surfaced on my burning face. I felt this way with him once before . . . I wanted to warn him, to scare him away before I could hurt him again. Because I would hurt him . . . I knew I would. I was about to cry. I felt like I was falling apart, and didn't know how to escape the painful humiliation. Fortunately, Flora knew how to help.

"Maybe you'd like to freshen up, Adam. You remember where the powder room is, just beyond the kitchen?"

"Yes. Thank you. I would like that." I stood up. "I'll be back in a minute."

As I walked toward the house, I heard Flora say to Sam, "No, dear, you stay here with me. He'll be alright. Finish eating, or Agnes will think you don't like her food."

I found the small lavatory and shut myself inside. I breathed. I splashed cold water on my face. I assured myself that I would be okay, and thought about my next therapy appointment. Eventually I calmed down. When I felt like I was under control . . . there's that word again . . . I opened the door and put on a brave face. Agnes was in the kitchen as I passed through.

"Mr. Adam?"

"Yes, Agnes." I was expecting her to scold me for hurting Sam's feelings.

"I'm not much of a talker, but I see things. Sometimes . . . it's not easy to be loved. It hurts a bit, because we feel that we don't deserve it." All of her expression was in her eyes, and her eyes were deep. "But you are loved. So get used to it, because it won't stop."

I looked into those eyes for a long moment, and I felt that she knew me. "Thank you, Agnes."

"Will you help me carry this tray, please?" She had a tray of plates filled with salad. I knew she didn't need help with it, but it would ease my transition back to the table.

"You're very thoughtful, Agnes. I would be happy to carry that for you." I picked it up and she led the way back to the terrace where I held the tray as she removed the plates and set them on the table.

Sam's tongue was still loose. "Agnes! The salad is supposed to come at the beginning of the meal. When I was a waiter, we always . . ."

She interrupted him. "Would you like me to take yours away, Mr. Sam?" She reached for his plate.

"No! I want it!"

"Are you sure you're not too full? Will there be no dessert for you, then?"

"I want dessert. Dessert is my favorite part. I was just kidding. I like salad at the end, okay? I'm eating my salad."

Agnes took the tray from me and I sat down. "This looks delicious, Agnes. What is it?"

"Baby beet greens with avocado and grapefruit." She touched my shoulder briefly.

Flora observed our interactions and understood what Agnes had done. "Agnes, you continue to impress me after all these years. I'm so lucky to have you."

"Aye, ma'am. And I, you." She returned to the kitchen.

I reached under the table and put my hand on Sam's knee, sliding my fingers under the hem of his shorts to give his leg a squeeze. He searched my face to see if my anger was gone. I did my best to show him that it was.

Flora picked up the conversation where we left off. "So . . . we must devise a plan to deal with Helen Van Weasel, or Van Wootten." She smiled. "Honestly, Adam, that nickname you gave her is going to come out of my mouth at the worst possible time. You're a terrible influence on me."

Sam shook his head as he ate. "I don't understand. What's she gonna do to us?"

"I wish we knew, dear. I believe she will try to convince other neighbors that the two of you are a threat to the children in the neighborhood. If enough of the neighbors agree with her, it could become very uncomfortable for you to continue living here."

"I'm not going anywhere," I said. "I don't care if they hate me. I don't need to talk to any of them." Flora gave me a look that conveyed pity and irritation in equal parts.

Predictably, Sam's attitude was very different from mine. "Why don't you just invite all the neighbors over for a barbecue or something? They'd probably like to see your garden, and if they like us, there won't be a problem."

The thought of inviting a bunch of strangers into my private garden made me stare at him as though he was insane. "The last thing I need is more people invading my privacy. And if I'm nice to them, they'll probably want to stop and visit with me all the time. That would be awful. I'd rather have people hate me." I stabbed at my salad with my fork.

I caught Flora rolling her eyes a bit. "It is possible to be friendly while maintaining appropriate boundaries. I know how you value your privacy, but how will you cope if your private life becomes the subject of public discussion?"

"If people want to talk about me, there's nothing I can do to stop them. I'm not doing anything wrong, and I don't bother any of them. My house is well kept, so they can't complain about that."

"Adam, honey, have you considered that there are people on Eden Place who would benefit from your knowledge of gardening and the advice you could give? Perhaps it would improve the appearance of their houses and the neighborhood in general."

I grumbled. "I'd certainly like to give some of them a piece of my mind about their overgrown shrubbery."

Flora smiled weakly. "Well, that's a start, dear. You have opinions to share. Giving them a piece of your mind might not be the best approach, but . . . we could work on that. Oh, here comes Agnes with her famous dessert! I'm sure you'll both enjoy this." Agnes approached with a tray of elegant dessert glasses containing layers of white cream and red berries.

Sam sat up like a puppy expecting a treat. "I ate my salad, and I liked it. I never had one like that before."

"Aye, well done." Agnes removed our salad plates and set one of the desserts in front of each of us. "I hope you like my Cranachan."

Sam grinned at her. "I love your cramikin, but what's in this dish?" Flora and I both laughed and Agnes actually smiled. Sam was at his best - relaxed enough to be childlike, but demonstrating the quick wit that I had come to enjoy during our dinners together.

Agnes tried to look stern again. "Don't be fresh with me, dearie, or you'll not get seconds on that!" Sam just smiled and enjoyed his moment of triumph.

"Tell us about this," I asked. "What did you call it?"

"It's Cranachan, an old Scottish dessert. It's nothing but raspberries and cream with a bit of honey and toasted oats. And a drop of whiskey."

"More than a drop," Flora commented. "I ask her to make this all the time. As I recall, Adam, this was one of your father's favorites, wasn't it, Agnes?"

"Aye, ma'am. It made him more talkative." She glanced at Sam as she said this, then retreated to the kitchen.

Sam looked at me cautiously. I guessed what he was thinking, and reassured him. "Go ahead and eat it. I like it when you're silly, so don't worry about my crabby ass."

He smiled and said quietly, "Wow . . . champagne and whiskey in the same day." He picked up his spoon.

I teasingly added, "I'll take you to rehab this evening." I tasted the Cranachan and discovered a wonderful mixture of flavors and textures. It was delicious, but not too sweet or too heavy after a substantial meal. And Agnes' 'drop of whiskey' felt warm in my throat. This was a dessert that could make me want to hug strangers. Thankfully, there weren't any nearby.

Flora smiled at both of us. "Isn't it marvelous?"

I nodded. Sam's face was flushed. He ate quietly, looking like an adolescent who just realized what his penis can do.

"Adam, dear . . . I've invited some ladies from the neighborhood to have lunch with me in a few weeks. Would you mind if I brought them over to meet you and to see your garden?"

"Sure, that sounds nice." Wait a minute . . . who said that? I took another spoonful of Cranachan.

"They will be so happy to hear that! Thank you, honey."

"My pleasure." Was that my voice? I was tempted to clean the dessert glass with my tongue. Sam was scraping the bottom of his dish with his spoon.

Agnes appeared at the table holding another dish of Cranachan. "I have one extra. Would you like to have it, Mr. Adam?"

Without hesitating, I said, "Yes, thank you." I surprised myself. Sam was shocked. I looked at the dessert, then at Sam, then back at the Cranachan. "I suppose I could share it with you."

"No, that's okay. It was good, but I think I had enough. It's really warm today, isn't it?" He pulled at the front of his polo shirt.

Agnes looked at him. "Aye, you've had enough." She set the dessert in front of me. "I'm glad you like it."

I gazed up at her. "This was the best meal I've had in years. You're a wonderful human being, d'ya know that?"

She shook her head. "He's just like his father, ma'am. The very image."

Flora chuckled. "He is, indeed, Agnes. But it was an excellent meal."

Sam moved his chair back from the table and stood up a little too quickly. He almost sat back down, but then he straightened up and steadied himself. "I'd like to use the pool, now. Is that okay?"

"Of course, dear. I was just about to suggest it. Did you bring your bathing suit?"

"Uh huh. I'll show you." He abruptly pulled his shirt over his head, revealing his heroically muscular torso.

Flora gasped. "Oh my!" I turned my chair so I could enjoy the show. Agnes was in no hurry to get back to the kitchen.

Sam removed his sandals and started to unbutton his shorts. "I just bought a new one because I knew we were gonna go in the pool today." With no sign of self-consciousness, he unzipped his shorts and bent over to step out of them. He was wearing a bright yellow squarecut spandex swimsuit with a black panel in the front. He tossed his shorts on the chair and adjusted the waistband of the swimsuit. "Whataya think?"

Agnes quietly exclaimed, "Mercy!" My jaw went slack. He was stunning, and the swimsuit complemented his physique beautifully.

"Adam told me to get a tan on my thighs so they match my legs." He ran a hand over his well-defined quads.

Flora pressed her hands together with glee while I blushed. "How thoughtful of you, Adam! That's a very flattering swimsuit, and I love that color on you, Samson. What a fine looking young man! Isn't he, Agnes?"

"Aye, ma'am. I'll go inside and have a sit down." She tottered off to the kitchen.

"Whataya think, Adam? Did I make a good choice?" He turned to give me a side view, wanting my approval most of all.

"You made a great choice. That's perfect for you. You really have good taste in clothes, Sam." It was true, but he would have looked gorgeous in a plastic trash bag.

He smiled broadly and approached my chair, leaning down to kiss me on the mouth. "Thanks, babe. Are you gonna come in the pool with me?"

"You bet. Let me finish my dessert and I'll join you." I also had a boner that needed to calm down before I could be seen in my swimsuit.

"Okay." He kissed me again. "I feel really happy right now."

"Me too." I felt self-conscious because I had never kissed anyone in front of a witness, but I was happy. Sam turned around and jogged towards the pool, with the tight yellow swimsuit enhancing the twin globes of his spectacular ass. He executed a cannonball jump into the middle of the water, making a huge splash and a joyful noise. I shifted my chair back to the table and glanced at Flora with a big smile on my face.

"Oh, Adam, he's wonderful!"

"I know. Almost too good to be true, right?"

"Well, I have been wondering . . . and I realize this is an indelicate question, but . . . is he . . . expensive?"

I swallowed a mouthful of my second dessert and looked at Flora until the meaning of her question slowly dawned on me. "Oh . . . it's not like that. Did you think . . . do you think I pay him to be with me?" I wasn't sure how to take this.

"Oh, honey! I hoped that it wasn't true, but I had to ask. You do understand that there are many arrangements of that type. I didn't mean to offend you."

"Sam pays rent for the coach house, and he's making payments on my old pickup. I buy the food and cook for him, but he helps me with the yard work. Our relationship is . . . it's not a business transaction!" I was feeling hurt, but I didn't know how to be angry at Flora.

"Oh dear, I have offended you! Adam . . . please accept my apology. I can see how much you care about him, and the way he looks at you. I just wanted to be sure that there were no financial complications that might harm you in the long run. Mr. O'Neill kept several young men during our marriage. It always ended badly and cost a great deal of money."

Her explanation made sense, and her apology seemed genuine. It was my turn to forgive someone. I wished it came as easily to me as it did to Sam, but I struggled to get the words out. "I understand." Does she think he would only be with me if I paid him? Is he that far out of my league? "I know he's too good for me, and it probably won't last, but . . ."

"Nonsense, Adam! He's perfect for you, and he obviously adores you."

"Do you really think that? Or does he just feel that way now because I'm helping him out?" I shoveled some Cranachan into my mouth to comfort myself.

"I'm so sorry, dear. I shouldn't have said anything. You're so handsome and lovable, even with that crusty shell you wear."

I grunted dismissively. "Yeah, that good old crusty shell of mine that everybody keeps mentioning. Y'know, it's hard to feel good about this relationship when everybody falls in love with him instantly and then tells me how difficult I am!" I guess I figured out how to be angry at her, because I was doing it.

She was quiet for a few minutes, and there were tears in her eyes. I felt guilty about that. If I'm gonna feel shitty, I might as well do it in several ways. She reached over and put her hand on mine again. I wanted to pull away, but I didn't. When she finally spoke, her voice cracked a bit. "You are right to scold me, Adam. I have been too harsh with you. When I look at you I see the man I wish my son had become. It's easy for me to forget that you're still that shy boy who could barely look me in the eye when I met you. Sam is very attractive and likable, and I can tell he has a good heart. But he's lucky to be with you, nonetheless. I've known you and loved you long before I met him. Nothing will ever change that. Please forgive me for being insensitive."

Agnes was right. It wasn't easy to be loved, but I'd better get used to it. I found the words I needed and croaked them out. "Thank you, Flora. I forgive you. I wish I could see myself the way you see me."

"Oh, honey . . . I wish you could see yourself the way he sees you." She looked towards the pool and my eyes followed hers. Sam had climbed out of the water and was coming back to the table, his wet body glistening in the bright sunshine. I automatically looked at my hand, expecting to see a remote control that would switch this to slow motion.

"Hey, I'm waiting for you, Adam!" He crouched down next to my chair. "What are you two talking about?"

"Flora was just telling me how lucky I was to find you."

"You didn't find me. I came after you . . . remember? I'm the lucky one. Besides, she doesn't know how annoying I can be."

I could have argued with him about which one of us was lucky, but I decided that I would try to accept his view of things. Or we could both be lucky. "Do you wanna finish this dessert? I'm full."

He smiled and looked at it. "I guess I could squeeze it in." He took the dish and the spoon. "You're not trying to get me drunk, are you?"

"No, but Flora is."

She laughed. "It's true, dear. I try to corrupt everyone who gets caught in my web, so watch out!"

Agnes appeared again and started to clear the table. Sam said in a false whisper, "I think Agnes is the one who wants me drunk." He scooped the last of the Cranachan into his mouth.

She stopped and glared at him. "Give me that dish before I take a wooden spoon to your backside!"

Sam's mischievous eyes grew larger. "Adam! She's flirting with me!"

Flora laughed, but I decided to intervene. "Alright, Sam, I think we'd better get in the pool before this gets ugly."

"Okay. Can I undress you?"

"No! For heaven's sake, there are other people here!" I stood up and moved away from the table.

"They might enjoy it, too." He stood with his hands on his narrow waist, watching me.

I took off my shirt and kicked off my deck shoes. "You're making me self-conscious."

"No, you came that way. I think you're hot."

"I'm never gonna let you drink again." I undid my shorts.

"You think you can stop me?"

I dropped my pants. I was wearing red Speedo briefs.

"Wow!"

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" I ran to the pool and dove in rather gracefully. Sam tried to do the same, but landed with an awkward belly flop. I was glad that I got out of the way before he hit and displaced what seemed like half the water in the pool. As soon as he surfaced I started a water fight, but I should have known better. His powerful arms threw so much water at me, I thought I would drown. I cried uncle and begged for mercy. I felt like a kid again, and laughed like I never had before.

When I think about that afternoon at Flora's house, I realize what a roller coaster of emotion it was for me. At the time, I felt like a complete mess, and I kept wanting to get myself under control. Now I know that my life was expanding in ways I couldn't see yet. My long period of mourning had ended, and I was building a new family. Sometimes I squalled like a newborn baby . . . vulnerable, needy, and angry as hell. Feeling things was a bitch. When I could calm down and breathe, I was happy. Nevertheless, as with all roller coasters, there would be many twists, loops and terrifying plunges ahead.

I challenged Sam to a swimming race, knowing that he couldn't resist any type of competition with me. Had I told him I was a competitive swimmer in high school? I can't recall. We started swimming laps, counting them off as we went. It wasn't long before I knew that I would beat him easily because his massive body wasn't well-suited to this purpose. Nevertheless, he was focused and determined.

About half way through the competition, I became aware of some commotion on the terrace. I slowed down and kept my head above the water, trying to see what was happening. There was a man. A conflict. I stopped swimming and went to the edge of the pool. It was Flora's son, Big Ed. Fuck! Sam was still swimming, unaware that I had stopped. I kept my head down and listened.

I heard Flora's voice. "Edward, you are not welcome here today! Please leave, or I will be forced to call the police."

"You care more about those faggots than you do about your own son? Go ahead and call the police! I donate equipment to their department every year. Let's see who they listen to." He sounded drunk.

Agnes spoke. "Shall I call them, ma'am? I think I should." I could see that she had a broom and was ready to take a swing at him.

"Why don't you hop on that broom and fly back to hell, ya old hag! You don't scare me."

The next thing I knew, Sam was launching himself out of the pool a few feet away from me. Shit! I pushed myself up and went after him. "Sam! Wait!"

He yelled, "Hey asshole! Remember me? How's your hand?"

I managed to get in front of him. Leaning into his chest, I pushed as hard as I could against the tower of twitching, slippery muscle. I wasn't stopping him, but he probably didn't want to knock me over.

Big Ed baited him. "C'mon, ya big faggot! Let's do it so I can get you arrested this time!"

"Edward!" Flora yelled. "You will not insult my guests without consequences! Leave here this instant!" She stood up from her chair and steadied herself with her cane.

Sam tried to pick me up and set me aside, but I wrapped my legs around him. "Get off me, Adam! I can take care of this!"

"I know! That's what I'm worried about!" He tried to peel me off, but I kept wrapping my limbs around him in one place or another.

Agnes was standing guard between Big Ed and the two of us, but it didn't stop him from taking a step forward. "Jesus Christ! They're having sex right in front of us, like fucking animals!" Agnes swung the bristled end of her broom and hit him on the side of the head, enraging him. He grabbed at the broom and pulled it out of her hands, causing her to lose her balance. Falling backwards, she landed on her well-cushioned behind.

Sam couldn't be stopped after that. "Let go of me, Adam, or I'll take you with me!" Before I could dismount, Flora stepped forward and cracked her son on the kneecap with the silver handle of her cane. The sound of the impact made it clear that she didn't hold back.

Big Ed buckled from the pain. "You fucking bitch! I'll kill you!"

I hustled Flora out of the way as Sam rushed in, ramming Big Ed with his shoulder and picking him up in the same movement. Without slowing down, he carried him forward and slammed him against the brick wall of the house with a resounding thud. Ed was called 'Big' for a reason, but his weight didn't seem to challenge Sam's strength. The wind was probably knocked out of him, so he wasn't struggling when Sam picked him up again and slammed him against the bricks, pressing him into the wall with his feet dangling above the ground.

I hurried over there to prevent Sam from going too far, and heard him growl at Ed. "I will crush your fucking chest if you disrespect these ladies again."

Ed snarled in my direction. "You mean this little faggot lady?"

Sam pressed his thumb into Ed's bloated torso. I heard the dull snap of a cracking rib. Ed's suppressed cry of pain revealed less than the tortured, hateful expression on his sweaty red face. He didn't speak.

"Sam, that's enough," I said. My heart was pounding furiously against my own ribs.

Flora approached with Agnes at her side and angrily addressed her son. "Edward, you have reached a new low point with your shameful behavior. We could involve the police in this if you would like to do so, but the publicity won't help your campaign for the city council any more than I will."

The hostility in his eyes never wavered, but he had no choice but to concede defeat. He curled his lip at her and sneered, "Yes, Mother dear."

"I promised your father that I would let you run the car dealership, but I'll break that promise without a moment's hesitation if you cause any more trouble for me or my friends."

He snarled again. "Yes, Mother dear."

Flora looked into the eyes of her only child. Maybe she saw something other than the anger and hatred that were apparent to the rest of us. It was difficult to imagine what she might be feeling. "Alright, Samson. I believe Edward will leave now."

"Not yet." Sam wasn't done with him. "He needs to apologize."

Big Ed looked at him defiantly and said nothing. An evil smile distorted his lips.

I was very worried about how this would end. I didn't care about Ed, but Sam could ruin his own life with the twitch of a muscle. "Sam . . . his apology won't mean anything. Just let it go."

"It'll mean something to me." His biceps flexed and expanded. "Apologize, you fat turd!"

Flora cautioned him. "Don't sink to his level, Samson. You're better than that. Let him go."

"Aye, dearie. You've done enough."

Sam's expression softened and his arms started to relax. Then Ed drew a breath and spat in Sam's face. Sam lifted him and slammed him against the wall again. The two ladies shouted, "No!" Instinctively, I threw my arms around him and pressed my face against his back. "Please, Sam! Please! Don't let him win!" His chest expanded and contracted, and I could feel his heart thumping. I begged him, "Please don't leave me, Sam!"

After a few more deep breaths, Sam spoke in a low rumble. "I'm just gonna take him to his car, okay?"

"Is that all you're gonna do?"

"Yes," he hissed.

Cautiously, I withdrew my arms and stepped back. Sam released Ed and let him drop to the ground, then he roughly grabbed the back of the big man's shirt and raised him to a standing position. He marched him across the terrace and around the side of the house while I followed them. When the ladies could no longer see us, Sam held onto the back of Ed's shirt with one hand and lifted him until he tipped forward and his toes were barely skimming the ground. He would have fallen flat on his face if Sam let go of him. Nervously, I said, "Be careful, Sam."

When we came around the front of the house, Sam glanced up and down the street to see if any neighbors were around. There was no one in sight. He dragged Ed to the driveway, grabbed the back of his belt and literally threw him onto the hood of his luxury sedan. He landed face down, tried to turn over, and rolled off the front of the car. Sam looked down at him and issued a final warning. "Next time I won't be so gentle."

Sam headed back the way we came, walking quickly and looking angry. I scurried after him, but as we rounded the corner of the house, I looked up and saw a woman standing in the window of the house next door. I stopped in my tracks and was suddenly very conscious that I was wearing nothing but my red Speedo. Not knowing what else to do, I smiled and waved. She smiled back and gave me a 'thumbs up.' I didn't know if she was approving my Speedo, or the way Sam handled Big Ed. I turned and sprinted to catch up with him.

"Sam, wait!"

He didn't pause or turn around. "Not now, Adam. I need to cool down. Just give me some space, okay?"

"Okay. Do what you need to do." I slowed down, then called out, "I'm proud of you, Sam!" He made a beeline for the pool and jumped in. He went back to swimming laps while I rejoined the ladies at the table on the terrace.

"Is Edward still in one piece, dear?"

"Yeah. Sam just took him to his car."

"I'm so sorry you boys had to get tangled up in this mess. Edward has a habit of showing up at the worst possible times."

"What did he want?"

"Money, as usual. He plans to run for the vacant seat on the city council and wanted me to finance his campaign. I told him I wouldn't even vote for him let alone pay for his campaign. Needless to say, he was not happy with my decision. And that's when our hero came to the rescue. Is Samson alright? Is there anything we can do for him?"

"He just needs to cool down. He's something else, isn't he?"

"Aye . . . a fine lad, Mr. Adam. You've done well."

"He's quite strong, isn't he, dear? Edward is not a small man. I've never seen anyone handle him like that."

"Well, y'know . . . growing up on a farm . . . he's used to handling, um . . . whatever farmers handle."

"He must spend half of every day in the gymnasium to maintain such an impressive physique."

"Uh . . . not as much as you might think. He's just . . . genetically gifted. He's a little self-conscious about it, actually. Doesn't like to talk about it."

"I see. We'll say no more about it if it makes him uncomfortable. It must be a great boon to you in the bedroom, though."

"Flora! Really?"

"Oh, honey! One can't look at a man like that and not think about it. Don't you agree, Agnes?"

"Aye, ma'am. I'm thinking about it now."

Time to change the subject! "Anywaaay . . . this is what it's like to have a social life, huh? I had no idea."

Flora laughed. "Not quite, dear. Most of our luncheons are rather dull. This is the most excitement we've had in years."

"We should do this more often, ma'am."

"Yes, but without Edward, I think."

I started to stand up. "I think I'll go down there and check on Sam. You wouldn't happen to have any ice cream, would you? He loves ice cream."

Agnes hopped up. "We have, indeed. Would you like some as well, Mr. Adam?"

"No, thank you. Some iced tea would be nice."

"I'll have iced tea as well, Agnes. But you must come and sit with us afterwards."

"If you insist, ma'am."

I walked to the edge of the pool and sat down with my legs in the water. Sam was trying to float on his back, but he wasn't very buoyant. I called out to him. "How are you doing?" He paddled over to where I was sitting and rested his arms on the side of the pool. For some reason his arms and shoulders looked bigger, but I was always thinking that. He didn't say anything. I slipped into the pool and rested my arm next to his. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just embarrassed."

"Why? What is there to be embarrassed about?"

"Are you kidding? If you hadn't stopped me, I could have . . . I would have fucked him up, Adam. I cracked his rib. That was just the beginning."

"I know, but . . ."

"Please don't tell me it turned you on."

"Okay. I'll save that for later. What I was gonna say is . . . it doesn't really matter what you could have done. What's important is what you didn't do. It took a lot more strength to control yourself after he spit on you than it did to throw him around. Which, by the way, was fucking awesome."

"If you hadn't been there . . . you protected me. I thought I was gonna protect you, but you protected me."

"But, you protected me, too. You protected all of us. You did a great job of that."

"So, what are they saying about me? Are they afraid of me, now?"

"Afraid of you? They think you're the sexiest man alive! They're jealous of me."

"Oh, knock it off."

"I'm not kidding! Agnes is up there preparing a treat for you. We should go and join them, but I wanna kiss you first. Let me in there." I slipped between his chest and the wall of the pool and hung myself around his neck. "You look bigger than you did this morning. Is that possible?" I kissed his lower lip.

"Yes, it's . . . pretty likely." He kissed me back.

"How?" I grazed my lips against his stubble.

"From the swimming, and from . . . lifting something heavy. My muscles get pumped up. They'll be back to normal by tonight." He kissed my shoulder.

"Does this happen a lot?" I pressed the tip of my nose against his.

"Only when I work out. That's why I had to stop working out at the health club. People were noticing."

"How big can you get?" I started on his lower lip again.

"Do we have to get into this now? Haven't we had enough excitement for one day?"

"So, you're saying that . . . whatever it is . . . it's exciting?"

He pressed his mouth against mine and slipped his tongue between my lips. I knew he wanted me to stop asking questions, but it was a nice way to go about it. After a slow and tender kiss, he said, "I shouldn't keep Agnes waiting. She's pretty strict."

"Oh, I have a feeling she's gonna relax those rules. You're her hero, now."

"I'm not anybody's hero. I'm just a guy." We pulled ourselves out of the pool.

"Okay, then. You're just an ordinary, boring guy."

"No, I'm not boring. I can hold a conversation, right?"

"Meh."

He smiled, wrapped his arm around my neck, and kissed me on the forehead as we walked towards the table. Flora opened her arms as we approached and said, "Samson . . . come here and give me some sugar!"

"I don't want to get you wet."

"I don't care . . . come here." He bent down and they kissed each other on the cheek. "Like your namesake, you have slain a lion. Agnes and I are grateful. Please sit and rest after your labor." Agnes showed up with her tray.

Sam hesitated. "I should put my clothes on to sit at the table, shouldn't I?"

The three of us simultaneously assured him that his clothes were completely unnecessary.

"Okaaay," he said, and eased himself into his chair. "I want to apologize if I did anything that . . ."

"You have nothing to apologize for, dear. I'm sorry that you were caught up in my family's dysfunction, but your conduct was admirable. You showed great restraint. Agnes and I were the ones who struck him, and I have no regrets."

Agnes placed an enormous ice cream sundae in front of him. Toppings, nuts, whipped cream and cherries were all in place. "What's this?" he asked. "We already had dessert."

Agnes flatly stated, "You earned it. Eat it."

He smiled at her. "When you sweet-talk me like that, I can't refuse." He looked at it from several angles and picked up his spoon. "Are you okay, Agnes? Did you get hurt when you fell?" He loaded his mouth with ice cream.

"I"m alright, thank you." With a perfectly straight face, she continued. "My cramikin might be bruised, but I'll live." She had the driest sense of humor ever.

Flora and I giggled. Sam's mouth was full of ice cream that he was trying to swallow before he could laugh. Agnes' timing was perfect. He choked a bit, but he got it down, then grinned at her. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"Aye." Her nose twitched. She served our iced tea and sat down next to Flora to eat a dish of Cranachan that she saved for herself. Sam ate his ice cream while we talked and laughed and enjoyed each other's company.

By the time Sam and I said our goodbyes and returned to the house, it was late afternoon. As we stood in the kitchen he asked, "What are we gonna do for the rest of the day?"

"I'll tell you what . . . why don't you decide? Whatever you want to do, we'll do. Just tell me."

"Really? Anything?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Okay, lemme think." He paused and stroked his chin. "You're sure about this?"

"Yes, I'm serious. I don't need to be in control all the time." I winked to let him know I was joking about that.

He smiled and continued thinking. "Well, we should take a quick shower to get the chlorine off us."

"Okay. Then what?"

"Um . . . this is really girly, so don't laugh at me, okay?"

"I won't."

"Could we just lie in bed and cuddle without having sex? I just wanna hold you and look at you." He was blushing.

"Why would I laugh at that? That's really nice, Sam." I felt some tears coming.

"Could you wear your swimsuit in bed? You look really sexy in that little red thing."

I smiled. "Thanks. I will. Anything else?"

"Could we order pizza later? And maybe watch a movie? We've never watched a movie together."

"That sounds great. I should have asked you this a long time ago. Any particular movie?"

"I dunno. You have a lot of DVDs that I haven't seen. We'll find something."

"There's Haagen-Dazs in the freezer, if you want more ice cream."

"Yeah, sure. And can I sleep here again tonight?"

"Of course. I guess I assumed you would."

"Okay. That's the plan, then."

I went over and put my arms around him, pressing my face against his chest. The yellow polo shirt that fit him with room to spare that morning was snug around his massive upper body. "Y'know . . . sometimes I worry that I'm gonna wake up and realize that this was a dream, like people have in TV shows. It's too good to be true."

"I don't think so, Adam. Don't get me wrong . . . this is great. But if it was a good dream, I don't think Big Ed would be in it. Or the Weasel Woman. Or Henry."

"Alright . . . don't get started on Henry. I love the plans you made for us. Let's get in the shower. I want another look at your new swimsuit."

"You like it that much?"

"Oh, yeah! Mr. Buns never looked better."

"Don't get started on Mr. Buns."

"Shhh! You'll hurt his feelings."

"Okay, let's go." We walked through the house and headed up the stairs. "Have you talked to your psychologist about Mr. Buns?"

"No. He doesn't do couples therapy. Besides . . . Mr. Buns and I get along just fine."

"Uh huh. That's not really what I meant, but . . . at least you're getting professional help."

"Yeah. I need it, don't I?"

"Yes you do, Babe. Yes, you do."

Continued in: Part 18

Postscript: I am always interested to hear your comments about the story, the characters, your reactions, or whatever you want to surprise me with. I especially appreciated the rather visceral, negative reactions to Adam's interactions with Henry in the previous chapter. I view any strong emotional response as a compliment, not just the love notes. Of course, I love the love notes.

Last edited by Reeza; January 12th, 2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added link
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
17013 (February 21st, 2014), 7thSugababe (January 10th, 2014), aiden831 (December 30th, 2013), akpakpakp (January 27th, 2014), Argolid (December 31st, 2013), audobahn (January 7th, 2014), BigSteve6ft3 (January 20th, 2014), bikebot2100 (January 1st, 2014), bobtimbob (December 29th, 2013), bpharv68 (December 30th, 2013), Braun1 (December 30th, 2013), chicken legs (January 11th, 2014), chocomus (January 14th, 2014), cutlerfan (January 1st, 2014), dickasauras (December 30th, 2013), drow13 (December 30th, 2013), Eliswansigurado (January 3rd, 2014), ferro (December 29th, 2013), flamedelft (December 31st, 2013), fwee (January 4th, 2014), handres (December 30th, 2013), Hanugumo (December 29th, 2013), hardmuscl4life (December 29th, 2013), hawaiimammoth (December 30th, 2013), HeavensNight (December 30th, 2013), henhu (December 30th, 2013), HugestFuckGod (December 30th, 2013), hypnnos (January 5th, 2014), idiomat (December 30th, 2013), Incognito-tie (December 29th, 2013), internetkid2492 (January 6th, 2014), Jaekel (December 30th, 2013), jtchef (February 11th, 2014), kywolfie (December 30th, 2013), LCathson (December 29th, 2013), Lukullus (December 30th, 2013), luvmuscles2006 (January 2nd, 2014), makurra (January 2nd, 2014), mario2007 (December 29th, 2013), martinp13 (December 30th, 2013), max1042 (December 30th, 2013), Mbrgtt (December 30th, 2013), milf132 (January 1st, 2014), mlbjock (December 31st, 2013), msman (December 29th, 2013), muscular (December 31st, 2013), Neonando (January 1st, 2014), nnnrg (December 31st, 2013), nvb2 (January 7th, 2014), photoguy (December 30th, 2013), portamivia (December 29th, 2013), primo93 (December 30th, 2013), Psst (December 30th, 2013), renbear (December 30th, 2013), revolution2233 (December 30th, 2013), rogsats (January 5th, 2014), Rubber1984 (December 30th, 2013), RyBearATL (December 30th, 2013), Shade (December 30th, 2013), ShadowFrost (January 15th, 2014), sierraca (December 30th, 2013), sonic260 (December 29th, 2013), tadeusz10 (December 30th, 2013), tcwd (January 3rd, 2014), TJDasen1 (December 30th, 2013), ts1976 (December 30th, 2013), umlerian49 (December 31st, 2013), weaknobody (January 2nd, 2014), Wii (January 2nd, 2014), wjlepetomane (December 30th, 2013), worshipper (December 30th, 2013), wrestlejock646 (December 29th, 2013), xmrr20a (December 30th, 2013)
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 07:15 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
oooh!

I'm watching Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone on tv right now! I'LL read this right after it's over!

It's gonna be great, I'll say that!

BTW, you must have interesting Family Christmas parties, Reeza! "Blow jobs"?! Seriously! What was IN that egg nog, anyway?!

Mdlftr
Coming back to this!

Sometime later......

O.k., I'm back.

Just one of the great lines:

"She looked towards the pool and my eyes followed hers. Sam had climbed out of the water and was coming back to the table, his wet body glistening in the bright sunshine. I automatically looked at my hand, expecting to see a remote control that would switch this to slow motion."

And then this amazing sequence right BEFORE the previous line:

"Oh, Adam, he's wonderful!"

"I know. Almost too good to be true, right?"

"Well, I have been wondering . . . and I realize this is an indelicate question, but . . . is he . . . expensive?"

I swallowed a mouthful of my second dessert and looked at Flora until the meaning of her question slowly dawned on me. "Oh . . . it's not like that. Did you think . . . do you think I pay him to be with me?" I wasn't sure how to take this.

"Oh, honey! I hoped that it wasn't true, but I had to ask. You do understand that there are many arrangements of that type. I didn't mean to offend you."

"Sam pays rent for the coach house, and he's making payments on my old pickup. I buy the food and cook for him, but he helps me with the yard work. Our relationship is . . . it's not a business transaction!" I was feeling hurt, but I didn't know how to be angry at Flora.

"Oh dear, I have offended you! Adam . . . please accept my apology. I can see how much you care about him, and the way he looks at you. I just wanted to be sure that there were no financial complications that might harm you in the long run. Mr. O'Neill kept several young men during our marriage. It always ended badly and cost a great deal of money."

Her explanation made sense, and her apology seemed genuine. It was my turn to forgive someone. I wished it came as easily to me as it did to Sam, but I struggled to get the words out. "I understand." Does she think he would only be with me if I paid him? Is he that far out of my league? "I know he's too good for me, and it probably won't last, but . . ."

"Nonsense, Adam! He's perfect for you, and he obviously adores you."

"Do you really think that? Or does he just feel that way now because I'm helping him out?" I shoveled some Cranachan into my mouth to comfort myself.

"I'm so sorry, dear. I shouldn't have said anything. You're so handsome and lovable, even with that crusty shell you wear."

I grunted dismissively. "Yeah, that good old crusty shell of mine that everybody keeps mentioning. Y'know, it's hard to feel good about this relationship when everybody falls in love with him instantly and then tells me how difficult I am!" I guess I figured out how to be angry at her, because I was doing it.

She was quiet for a few minutes, and there were tears in her eyes. I felt guilty about that. If I'm gonna feel shitty, I might as well do it in several ways. She reached over and put her hand on mine again. I wanted to pull away, but I didn't. When she finally spoke, her voice cracked a bit. "You are right to scold me, Adam. I have been too harsh with you. When I look at you I see the man I wish my son had become. It's easy for me to forget that you're still that shy boy who could barely look me in the eye when I met you. Sam is very attractive and likable, and I can tell he has a good heart. But he's lucky to be with you, nonetheless. I've known you and loved you long before I met him. Nothing will ever change that. Please forgive me for being insensitive."

Agnes was right. It wasn't easy to be loved, but I'd better get used to it. I found the words I needed and croaked them out. "Thank you, Flora. I forgive you. I wish I could see myself the way you see me."

"Oh, honey . . . I wish you could see yourself the way he sees you."

And this:

Flora apologized. "You'll have to forgive us. Since Mr. O'Neill passed away, we've hosted too many card parties for old women. We're just excited to have some testosterone in the air."

The character development here is amazing- well paced and interesting! The sexy parts aren't bad either!

Last edited by Mdlftr; December 30th, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
colsjfw (January 16th, 2014), cutlerfan (January 1st, 2014), Eliswansigurado (January 3rd, 2014), Hanugumo (January 1st, 2014), karateboy310 (December 30th, 2013), nnnrg (December 31st, 2013), Reeza (December 29th, 2013), Tibo (January 6th, 2014), TKnTexas55 (December 30th, 2013)
  #3   Add to Hanugumo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 08:35 PM

Hanugumo is on a distinguished road
This installment is the funniest and the best written story part i have ever read. Thank you so much for posting this. ^^

Beautiful work. <3
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanugumo For This Useful Post:
Reeza (December 29th, 2013)
  #4   Add to TJDasen1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 09:24 PM

TJDasen1 is on a distinguished road
It must be a great boon to you in the bedroom, though."

"Flora! Really?"

"Oh, honey! One can't look at a man like that and not think about it. Don't you agree, Agnes?"

I laughed so hard my eyes teared up and I couldn't continue reading for 5 full minutes. You literally took my breath away. (I'm still chuckling)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TJDasen1 For This Useful Post:
Reeza (December 29th, 2013), weaknobody (January 2nd, 2014)
  #5   Add to mario2007's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 10:21 PM

mario2007 is on a distinguished road
Reeza, once again, FANTASTIC!

You, sir, have a gift. Thank you for sharing it with us.
The Following User Says Thank You to mario2007 For This Useful Post:
Reeza (December 29th, 2013)
  #6   Add to Shade's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Unleashing the Beast

Shade is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Shade
I love cranachan! It's one of my favourite puddings, and one I only ever seem to get to have when I'm in Scotland. What a silly thing to pick up on in a chapter that was so full of tasty morsels. And Agnes reminds me of a certain auntie of mine. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:
Reeza (December 30th, 2013)
  #7   Add to worshipper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:50 AM

worshipper is on a distinguished road
Interesting

On the one hand, I will admit it was hot to see Sam give Edward his due. However, I am conflicted in that Sam cannot aways be there to protect everyone. What in heck would it take, if anything, for Edward to consider considering others. Also, who would vote for him anyways as he obviously has no filter regarding his mouth.
  #8   Add to HugestFuckGod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:12 AM

HugestFuckGod is on a distinguished road
Ugghh SO GOOD!!! I don't have enough time to write what I want to right now, but It would be full of praise and squeeling. I hope that the conflict with the weasel-woman will happen in a few chapters (after we meet a few of the neighbors *hint* *hint*)
The Following User Says Thank You to HugestFuckGod For This Useful Post:
  #9   Add to martinp13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:33 AM

martinp13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipper View Post
On the one hand, I will admit it was hot to see Sam give Edward his due. However, I am conflicted in that Sam cannot aways be there to protect everyone. What in heck would it take, if anything, for Edward to consider considering others. Also, who would vote for him anyways as he obviously has no filter regarding his mouth.
Seeing the many hoof-in-mouth jackasses in office (all parties, all levels), they get votes quite often!

Beautiful chapter Reeza... been looking forward to Sam meeting Flora for a while! Agnes was a bonus!
The Following User Says Thank You to martinp13 For This Useful Post:
  #10   Add to rairf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 10:32 AM

rairf is on a distinguished road
I can't take any more of this! How DARE you introduce the amazing Agnes into the same chapter as Sam in a swimsuit! I'm feeling distinctly conflicted- I don't know whether I liked how sexy it was or laughing as hard as I did. I love the voice you've found for this story. Perfectly balanced. And let me know what I can bring to your next family holiday shindig.

Women love muscle too!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rairf For This Useful Post:
nnnrg (December 31st, 2013), Reeza (December 30th, 2013), weaknobody (January 2nd, 2014)
  #11   Add to tallguy417's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM

tallguy417 is on a distinguished road
Excellent! Truly excellent!
The Following User Says Thank You to tallguy417 For This Useful Post:
  #12   Add to hardmuscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM

hardmuscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hardmuscl4life Send a message via Yahoo to hardmuscl4life Send a message via Skype™ to hardmuscl4life
Thank you

Well, first... I never thought this chapter would arrive but I waited patiently... Sort of.

Like so many I laughed outloud at so much of the quick, dry humor in this story. There were things I missed though which I didn't pick up on till i read through it a second time.

One thing was a short five word statement at the end of the attached paragraph:

"Sam's expression softened and his arms started to relax. Then Ed drew a breath and spat in Sam's face. Sam lifted him and slammed him against the wall again. The two ladies shouted, "No!" Instinctively, I threw my arms around him and pressed my face against his back. "Please, Sam! Please! Don't let him win!" His chest expanded and contracted, and I could feel his heart thumping. I begged him, "Please don't leave me, Sam!""

"Please don't leave me, Sam." With those words, Adam saved himself and the love of his life from an eternity loneliness. For me at least, It's the whole story condensed down in that one emotional moment.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with the rest of us who can only look on with astonishment and wonder as your world unfolds.

George
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardmuscl4life For This Useful Post:
Reeza (December 30th, 2013), weaknobody (January 2nd, 2014)
  #13   Add to sonic260's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:00 PM

sonic260 has disabled reputation
Reading about how Adam's parents knew he was gay all this time made me tear up a little. I often wonder how my own family would react, or if they even have a clue...

I'd certainly liked to write a Death Note for Big Ed...too bad it doesn't work on fictional characters...
The Following User Says Thank You to sonic260 For This Useful Post:
  #14   Add to TKnTexas55's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Fan of muscle... and more

TKnTexas55 is on a distinguished road
I am continually blown away by this story. The characters are so real. The dialog flows so naturally. I love the ladies next door, they are a hoot.
The Following User Says Thank You to TKnTexas55 For This Useful Post:
  #15   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2013, 01:34 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Wow.

I love that Weasel Woman has become the name of the intrusive meddler. I hope the rest of the neighborhood is just as distrustful of her; does she have children of her own, or is she just leveraging the "Chilldrun" to get her hooks into the neighborhood so she can infest it with her own special version of a neighborhood association?

(I smell con-artist all over her, by the way, the same kind of con-artist that has gotten into power in various local political parties through the country. It would be interesting to see if she has a record.)

I was highly amused by Sam having zero zip zilch tolerance for alcohol; usually someone his size would do a better job of not getting "twitterpated" so quickly.
And I love that it did the same thing to Adam when he got the 40 proof pudding.
(Yes. The proof IS in the pudding. Agnes put it there.)

This is going to be a full novel when you're done. If you put it on sale I'll pay money for it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nnnrg For This Useful Post:
Reeza (December 31st, 2013), sonic260 (December 31st, 2013), TJDasen1 (January 6th, 2014), weaknobody (January 2nd, 2014), xmrr20a (January 6th, 2014)
  #16   Add to Inhumanyuyin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2013, 01:35 PM

Inhumanyuyin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnrg View Post
This is going to be a full novel when you're done. If you put it on sale I'll pay money for it.
I agree with Nnnrg, I would definetely pay money for this
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inhumanyuyin For This Useful Post:
Reeza (December 31st, 2013), TJDasen1 (January 1st, 2014), weaknobody (January 2nd, 2014), xmrr20a (January 6th, 2014)
  #17   Add to flamedelft's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:56 PM

flamedelft has disabled reputation
And another brilliant chapter.

Also does anyone else get this feeling of just wanting to roll on the floor from the adorableness of Sam&Adam?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flamedelft For This Useful Post:
portamivia (January 1st, 2014), Reeza (January 1st, 2014), weaknobody (January 2nd, 2014)
  #18   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:16 PM
Reasonably Insane

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamedelft View Post
Also does anyone else get this feeling of just wanting to roll on the floor from the adorableness of Sam&Adam?
I've read this message several times now and it keeps making me laugh. The visual image is very amusing to me, and very complimentary. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
flamedelft (January 1st, 2014)
  #19   Add to portamivia's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:28 PM

portamivia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to portamivia Send a message via Yahoo to portamivia
nnnrg beat me to it: I wanted (for some time, now) to say that I really really hope you're getting paid for your writing, elsewhere, Reeza.
You *are* aware of the fact that Amazon has all sort of self-publishing writers who make a ton of money for hideous or absurd novels, right?
For instance, did you know people are actually making money from, say, Dinosaur erotica? (I couldn't believe it, and yet: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82052285.html)

So, this your work here is pure gold compared to that filth. Maybe you're not confortable selling gay erotic stories on Amazon, but when you'll do, one day, you might really make some decent money.

(When you'll be a millionaire, you can thank me. I accept all currencies.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to portamivia For This Useful Post:
Eliswansigurado (January 3rd, 2014), Reeza (January 1st, 2014)
  #20   Add to milf132's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:08 PM

milf132 is on a distinguished road
This story is such an emotional rollercoaster for me. So much humor and joy, but also so much recognition and sadness. Thank you, Reeza.
The Following User Says Thank You to milf132 For This Useful Post:
Reeza (January 1st, 2014)
  #21   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 04:56 PM
Reasonably Insane

Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portamivia View Post
nnnrg beat me to it: I wanted (for some time, now) to say that I really really hope you're getting paid for your writing, elsewhere, Reeza.
You *are* aware of the fact that Amazon has all sort of self-publishing writers who make a ton of money for hideous or absurd novels, right?
For instance, did you know people are actually making money from, say, Dinosaur erotica? (I couldn't believe it, and yet: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/82052285.html)
I thought I had seen just about everything, but no. Please, Mommy, make it stop!

I am not getting paid for my writing anywhere. This is the only place where I'm writing. I have enjoyed writing since I was in elementary school and my undergraduate degree is in English Literature, but I have never put as much time into any writing project as I have on this story. I'm really enjoying it, and I'm confident of my talent. This experience certainly has made me think about whether I should write something to sell, but I'm just not there yet. I'll have to give it more thought. Meanwhile, I'll finish this project which, as nnnrg said, will be the length of a novel by the time I'm done. It's already at 200 pages, and I expect it to have around 30 chapters, total.

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
Tibo (January 6th, 2014), waabo2 (January 2nd, 2014), xmrr20a (January 6th, 2014)
  #22   Add to umlerian49's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:41 PM

umlerian49 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeza View Post
I thought I had seen just about everything, but no. Please, Mommy, make it stop!

I am not getting paid for my writing anywhere. This is the only place where I'm writing. I have enjoyed writing since I was in elementary school and my undergraduate degree is in English Literature, but I have never put as much time into any writing project as I have on this story. I'm really enjoying it, and I'm confident of my talent. This experience certainly has made me think about whether I should write something to sell, but I'm just not there yet. I'll have to give it more thought. Meanwhile, I'll finish this project which, as nnnrg said, will be the length of a novel by the time I'm done. It's already at 200 pages, and I expect it to have around 30 chapters, total.

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.
Regardless of how you feel, Reeza, your writing is very much at a professional level. My biggest regret at making the jump is that I was required by my publisher to take the stories down, since the contract gave them exclusive distribution rights for three years. Your loving generosity at making your stories free to all is quite wonderful, and leaves me with pangs of guilt.

As for the latest chapter, it's amazing, yet again. For me, it was a three-tissue installment. When Flora reaffirmed Adam's late parents acceptance of their son, it made me cry. Who doesn't hunger for that? Please, please, let everything work out okay for Adam and Sam.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umlerian49 For This Useful Post:
Reeza (January 1st, 2014), therealm1 (January 1st, 2014)
  #23   Add to weaknobody's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:45 AM
Leo

weaknobody
Send a message via Skype™ to weaknobody
You know how we usually get to this forum looking for fetish erotic stories? Well, that's great and all but I think you're over that. It's not about the fetish anymore (though it's nice, keep it coming =). You are giving us something complete and worth of expectation and delight.

Seriously... I've read best sellers that don't come nearly this level of quality. By now I think we all agree we are so taken by this piece that we take our time to read it carefully, not to miss any hint, wordplay or subtle humor.

I love it. Thank you so much by sharing your talent.

I still hate Adam, by the way... lol. Although I have to admit it comes from identification... (sigh). Let us hope his therapy sessions work out. =)
henhu (January 3rd, 2014), Reeza (January 2nd, 2014), xmrr20a (January 6th, 2014)
  #24   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:59 AM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaknobody View Post
I still hate Adam, by the way... lol. Although I have to admit it comes from identification... (sigh). Let us hope his therapy sessions work out. =)

Perhaps we should hope that your therapy sessions work out.

As I've said before, Adam is based very much on my own personality. I don't mind at all when people say they hate him because they recognize themselves in him. I know exactly what you mean.
The Following User Says Thank You to Reeza For This Useful Post:
weaknobody (January 2nd, 2014)
  #25   Add to makurra's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:20 PM

makurra is on a distinguished road
Reeza, for me this is, no doubt, the best storie.....EVER!! Thanks buddy!!
The Following User Says Thank You to makurra For This Useful Post:
Reeza (January 2nd, 2014)
  #26   Add to Tibo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:38 PM

Tibo is on a distinguished road
Ohhm, yet another awesome instalment!
It had everything to make it perfect! The story, the cute druk puppy Sam, the antagonist, and the "God, I hate adam so much" part, lol.
You sure could give Sam more scenes with skimpy clothing ;D.
I'm really exited to find out how all this will turn out. I think the weasel woman and Flora's son will work together in order to achive their goals. God I'm excited

But then I have to say that I was a bit annoyed by all these sudden mood changes. From happy, to sad, to lots of tears, to happy again, ? I don't know why to be honest. Oh and I started to hate Flora on the base of "forgiving people like that simply can't exist". Even though I know about her private mess now. :|
The Following User Says Thank You to Tibo For This Useful Post:
Reeza (January 6th, 2014)
  #27   Add to Wii's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:13 PM

Wii is on a distinguished road
Call me boring but I'm kind of excited to see a cute/cuddle/lots of talk portion of this "in bed movie watching" part.

I think I've re read this story....4 times now. Your writing is very impressive and I'm sure what ever comes next will be more than amazing.

Thank for this wonderful story.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wii For This Useful Post:
Reeza (January 6th, 2014), Tibo (January 7th, 2014)
  #28   Add to HeavensNight's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:20 PM

HeavensNight is on a distinguished road
Waiting, interminably waiting, and then...
The Following User Says Thank You to HeavensNight For This Useful Post:
  #29   Add to Reeza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Reasonably Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensNight View Post
Waiting, interminably waiting, and then...
And then what? I'm on the edge of my seat! What happens?

#30   Add to xmrr20a's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:25 PM

xmrr20a is on a distinguished road
I sound like I'm repeating myself

As everyone here has said, this story is amazing. It's like we have our own version of Downton Abbey. I check back every few days to look for the next chapter.

I love the strength; I loved the way Sam pressed on Ed's rib and broke it! Loved that!

Thanks again for all your dedication to the story and this community.
The Following User Says Thank You to xmrr20a For This Useful Post:
  #31   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:25 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Bwahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmrr20a View Post
As everyone here has said, this story is amazing. It's like we have our own version of Downton Abbey. I check back every few days to look for the next chapter.
Given that "Downtown Abbey" has just started up again, I can relate!

Great comparison!

Adam is so contrary and aggravating and cute that he's just like "Lady Mary"

Sam can be the chauffeur that married into the family!

After that, the analogy sort of breaks down, but, you get the idea: drama and more drama!

Mdlftr
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
  #32   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 26th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
>>

<<

Agnes to be played by Dame Maggie Smith... I will have no less.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options