The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:48 PM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 29: Promises In The Dark (Beginning)

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion
Part 13: America
Part 14: Deep Inside My Heart
Part 15: Mister Sandman
Part 16: Hard To Say
Part 17: Bette Davis Eyes
Part 18: Limelight
Part 19: Cool Love
Part 20: Don't Let Him Go
Part 21: Physical
Part 22: Hold On Tight
Part 23: Medley
Part 24: I Love You
Part 25: The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
Part 26: Everlasting Love
Part 27: It's My Turn
Part 28: I Love A Rainy Night

Any feedback is very much appreciated - I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

After Ben’s request to take a walk so that he could gather his thoughts, both boys left the house and put on their shoes on the front porch. Tug picked up the small radio, which they had left there as well, and followed Ben as headed out onto the bluff on the back side of the property. The rain hadn’t come back yet, but as with the hill on the front side of the house, the ground was a bit soft from all the precipitation.

They walked in silence for about 100 yards when Tug asked, “Do you mind if I turn on some music?”

“Please go ahead. I know how much you like it,” said Ben.

Tug turned on the radio but kept the volume low. A song by the Rolling Stones was playing, with Mick Jagger begging someone to ‘start me up,’ but it was so new that Tug wasn’t familiar with it yet.

Ben continued to lead the trek out onto the grassy bluff, following the small path that had been trampled down by the Yates family over the years, further and further out onto until he was standing about 10 feet from the edge. He stopped, but didn’t turn to look back at Tug – he just stared off into the distance, although Tug considered that he could be looking at the moon, which was peeking through the clouds and shining on the water below.

Mick and his band finished up their song, and immediately after a new tune by Pat Benatar began. Again, it was so new that Tug had not heard it before, but he liked the dramatic intro with the piano, bass, and guitar.

Never again, isn't that what you said?

At the same time Pat started singing, Ben finally spoke. “Tug, remember when I told you about my relationship with Kelly?”

"Yes."

“Well, after it ended, I was sure that I would never seriously date anyone again.”

You've been through this before
And you swore this time you'd think with your head

“It really hurt when Kelly and I broke up. I was used to physical pain, from working out and from sports, but emotional pain packed ten times the wallop. I told myself, ‘From now on, my heart is going to be off-limits.’”

No one would ever have you again
And if taking was gonna get done
You'd decide where and when

Tug interjected. “But Ben, you can’t control when you fall in love.”

“Well, I was going to try. At the time, I convinced myself that I might have some casual relationships in the future, but I would be the one in charge. I would decide when we started dating, and I would decide when we stopped.”

Just when you think you got it down
Your heart securely tied and bound

“And I was doing pretty good. I mean, I didn’t get involved with anyone, even though I had offers. But then…well, then…I decided to get away from it all and come out here…a place I was sure I wouldn't meet anybody really special...”

Ben didn’t say a word for a few seconds. Tug waited, but sensed his friend was having trouble with the next sentence. The wind began to softly blow, whispering up from Puget Sound.

They whisper…

“Ben, whatever you have to say, just say it.”

Promises…in…the…dark…

Tug continued. “I’m never going to hurt you. I promise.”

Armed and ready, you fought love battles in the night
But too many opponents made you weary of the fight

Ben sighed. He walked a few paces toward the edge of the bluff and looked down at his feet, as if he were suddenly very tired. It was beginning to sprinkle, and Tug was beginning to worry about his friend.

Blinded by passion, you foolishly let someone in

Ben sighed again, but then continued his story. “I was prepared to have a quiet, uneventful summer, Tug. I wasn’t prepared to have my life so completely turned upside down by someone.”

Tug, still not getting the point of Ben’s words, cautiously walked forward to pull him back from the edge. “Look, Ben whatever’s going on with you, I'm here to listen. But please come away from the end of the bluff – the ground’s probably not that stable from all the rain.”

As if it were the magic word, the moment Tug said 'rain," it began to come down harder and harder.

All the warnings went off in your head, still you had to give in

Ben jumped a little when Tug’s hand touched his shoulder, not realizing he was right behind him, but then he stepped forward, closer to the cliffside, and turned around to face his friend. “Tug, let me just get through this, OK.”

“Ben, you can say whatever you want, but please, let’s go back toward the house. It's beginning to pour, I don’t like heights, and we’re too close to the edge.”

“OK. I’ll go back with you," said Ben, adding a smile after he spoke.

“Good.” Tug turned around and started walking quickly away from the edge of the bluff, but he stopped suddenly when Ben blurted out his next sentence.

“But first, I want to tell you that I love you, Tug Yates.”

Completely caught off guard by the announcement, and thinking that he may have misheard his friend over the sounds of the wind, the rain, and the radio, Tug didn't know what to do. After a few seconds of trying to decide, he pivoted to face Ben, but he was no longer there.

It was as if the night had swallowed Ben whole.

Last edited by Padraig; August 24th, 2009 at 06:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:49 PM

Oh, the drama. Here is tonight's song:

#3   Add to bobman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:13 AM

bobman is on a distinguished road
Oh my gosh! The suspense! I'm freaking out!
  #4   Add to memorex414's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:23 AM

memorex414 is on a distinguished road
That was awesome...right up to the cliff-hanger <hee> The characters and exposition are first class. Can't wait for the next chapter
  #5   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:57 PM

Glad you both are liking it so far. More coming soon!

#6   Add to redroger11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:38 PM

redroger11 is on a distinguished road
OK, stop that. Where's Ben? And please don't take two days to come back.

I have a suggestion for your reading. It's called Cold Wind and there are actually three stories at nifty under that title. Read Taniwah and you'll get to a chapter where the big guy is on the edge of a cliff in the rain screaming at the universe while the one he loves is watching from a distance. You'll like it. It's Science Fiction but great. By a friend called Lincard.
I just hope this story of yours..... Where is Ben?

redroger11
  #7   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:51 PM

Roger ? I will definitely check out your suggestion (thanks!). As for Ben, well, I guess you will just have to keep reading. I wasn't planning to post another chapter until Friday, but if I get some free time this week I will try to get it up earlier.

#8   Add to michaelv2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Mr. Registered User

michaelv2 is on a distinguished road
Oh no! Now I'm on the edge... of my seat! Where is Ben? It's like "who shot J.R.?" :-)
  #9   Add to philat99's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM

philat99 is on a distinguished road
Oh, NO!!! You coudn't! You wouldn't... I'm not ready for a whole box of Kleenex!
Mike
  #10   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:17 PM

I'll try to get the next chapter up by tonight or early tomorrow. But it doesn't – well, you'll see.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options