The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 31: Promises In The Dark (Almost To The End)

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion
Part 13: America
Part 14: Deep Inside My Heart
Part 15: Mister Sandman
Part 16: Hard To Say
Part 17: Bette Davis Eyes
Part 18: Limelight
Part 19: Cool Love
Part 20: Don't Let Him Go
Part 21: Physical
Part 22: Hold On Tight
Part 23: Medley
Part 24: I Love You
Part 25: The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
Part 26: Everlasting Love
Part 27: It's My Turn
Part 28: I Love A Rainy Night
Part 29: Promises In The Dark (Beginning)
Part 30: Promises In The Dark (Middle)

Any feedback is very much appreciated - I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

Knowing in his heart that he had to succeed, even with all odds against him, Tug again started crawling forward, inching his way down the slope toward Ben. He reached around for the radio, hoping to turn it off so he could hear Ben more clearly, but he wasn’t able to see where it had fallen in the dark.

Even through the howling wind and the pounding rain, Pat Benatar’s voice was clearly audible.

You desperately search for a way to conquer the fear

Tug tried not to think about the rocks on the beach below. He knew it was at least 100 yards down, maybe more, and that the fall would instantly kill anyone. But try as he might, it was something he could not stop thinking about – the fear of falling was dominating his mind.

Think about Ben! Think about Ben!

Trembling, Tug continued to gingerly edge forward through the mud. Every time he moved, more and more of the dirt moved out of his way and tumbled down toward his dangling friend.

No line of attack has been planned to fight back the tears

On Tug’s left, a huge section of the bluff began to slide. Slowly at first, it picked up momentum as it moved downward.

“Ben! Lean to your left! Lean to your left!”

Ben did as he was told, rolling as far as he could onto his left side. The large chunk slipped off the hill and fell into the black abyss, missing Ben by only a few inches.

“I’m coming, Ben!”

“Please hurry, Tug. I can’t hold on much longer!”

Ben’s admission spurred Tug to redouble his efforts, but his sudden movement shifted a great deal of the dirt beneath him. Tug dropped about another foot onto the precipice, but fortunately was able to stop the slide by digging his feet into the soil. He was now about as far as he could possibly go – any farther and he wouldn’t be able to drag himself back up.

Tug reached his long arms downward, but Ben was still about a foot out of his reach. With time running out before either the hillside completely crumbled or Ben’s grip faltered, Tug softly began to cry, but it was impossible for him to distinguish the tears on his face from the rain pouring down his brow.

Where brave and restless dreams are both won and lost

Tug continued to strain and stretch, but his attempts were futile. He just wasn’t going to be able to rescue Ben unless a miracle occurred and he suddenly gained superpowers.

If only I was Superman or Captain America, then I could save him. Or if I was Batman, I could use something from my utility belt to…

Tug froze on that thought.

My belt!

Instantly he had an idea. Tug brought his arms back up and quickly maneuvered them under his stomach, unbuckling his white belt and sliding it out of the loops on his shorts in just under five seconds. He then shoved the peg into the first notch and rebuckled, which created a strong leather loop.

Stretching his arms back down, Tug realized he was still a few inches short, even with the added length of the belt. His momentary defeat did not, however, stop him from trying something else.

On the edge is where it seems it's well worth the cost

Tug unbuckled the belt and held one end in each hand, and then slithered his torso upward so his damp and muddy shirt slid down off of his body – his arms were still in the sleeves, but his head had come out from the bottom. Tug pulled his arms into the sleeves, bringing the ends of the belt with them, and rebuckled the belt inside the shirt – fortunately, years of living with a gut had taught him to buckle his belt without being able to see it. Now the belt was looped and locked completely through the sleeves of the shirt, giving him another 12 inches of line.

Grabbing onto the shirt section, Tug lay himself back down on the cold mud and tossed the makeshift rope down to Ben, where the loop created by the belt landed squarely on his hands.

“Ben, grab on!”

Startled at first, Ben suddenly realized the belt was within his grasp. He let go of the roots he was holding, one hand at a time, and took hold of the belt with all his remaining strength.

“I’ve got it!”

Tug braced himself for the weight of his friend, and then he pulled as hard as he could, back upward over the edge of the cliff. All the movement was causing large chunks of the hillside to crumble away, but Tug just kept repeating the words of his father in his head.

One great thing! One great thing!

Last edited by Padraig; August 29th, 2009 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to philat99's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:00 PM

philat99 is on a distinguished road
OMG! OMG! Please!
Mike
  #3   Add to memorex414's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2009, 04:27 PM

memorex414 is on a distinguished road
Seriously...you litterally leave is hanging in the wind...Could you serve up the end to this so I can rest easy tonight?
  #4   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:20 PM

Padraig is on a distinguished road

I usually try to wait until a chapter has been viewed 150 times or so before I post the next one, but I will try to get Part 32 up sooner rather than later.

And as always, thank you very much for continuing to read the story.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options