The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 08:35 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
Davey's Destiny - part 12

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

? Twelve ?

?Justin??

?Yeah?? I answered, staring hard at my calculus homework. Davey and I were sitting on the livingroom floor, at the coffee table.

?Where are Mom and Dad??

?The note said they went to the grocery store.?

?Why would they go to the grocery store when the fridge is full of food??

Damn. I?d been hoping he wouldn?t notice that. Davey had grown much more observant since Friday, among other things. I blew out a soft breath, wondering how to explain it to him.

?They?re scared of me, aren?t they??

I glanced at him, sitting next to me. He was just wearing shorts, and every valley, hill, striation in his tanned muscles were visible and frightening. ?Yes,? I said softly.

?Thought so.? He looked down at his own homework. ?They came home late last night. Are they gone for good now??

He seemed so nonchalant asking that question, as if he?d accepted it already.

?Davey?? I skimmed my fingers down his cheek, drawing his gaze. ?They?re coming back. They love us.?

?They love you. ? He shrugged. ?Everyone loves you, Justin. It?s easy.?

I couldn?t help smiling. ?Believe it or not, there are people out there who hate my guts.?

His fist clenched. ?Who? Tell me.?

My stomach twisted as I remembered his conversation with Dr. Harris this morning. We?d gotten way off track here, and I struggled to figure out how to get to safer topics. ?Davey, does it make you sad to think our parents won?t come home??

The fist opened up and he shrugged again. ?It doesn?t matter how I feel. They ran away.?

?They didn?t?? I frowned. ?Sometimes it?s hard to be around you.?

His entire body jumped, as if he?d just been hit. ?Justin,? he whispered.

?It?s not because you?re bad.? I threaded my fingers through his hair. ?It?s because you?re powerful, intense, and always changing. We get drained just being around you.? The pads of my fingers danced along his forehead, making him smile. ?Sometimes we just need a break, so we can recharge.?

Davey?s smile faded. ?Like that time you didn?t come home until after I was asleep??

?Yeah, a lot like that.? My hand fell away from his face. ?I came home, didn?t I??

He crossed his forearms on the table top, making his traps and shoulders bunch and rise savagely. ?Did you think about staying away??

That night, Brad had offered me a spot in his house. Although I told him I?d call if things got too bad, I never considered cutting out on my family. ?No. I think I?ll always come back to you, Davey.?

Davey surprised me by chuckling. ?You?re weird, Justin. You don?t do anything you?re supposed to do.?

?What am I supposed to do??

He shook his head, still grinning. ?Hate me.?

I grinned back at him, leaning closer. ?Sometimes it?s good to be the rebel,? I said, winking at him.

Davey blinked, darkness playing across his face. But there was something else there, too. Confusion. ?Rebellions must be crushed.?

This wasn?t my Davey. This was the thing inside him. ?Always??

?Always.?

?So?? I moved back from him. ?I shouldn?t have come home that night at all??

?Justin!? Davey?s hand shot out and grabbed my arm, yanking me to his side again. ?I-I?m glad you came back. I was scared you were gone forever, and yesterday I missed you so much.?

?But I didn?t do what I was supposed to do.?

The darkness in his face began to fade as more confusion slipped in. ?I?m glad you came back,? he repeated softly.

I touched my lips to his forehead?this time he didn?t pull away. ?Then maybe I was right? Maybe sometimes it?s good to rebel??

His eyes crinkled at the corners. ?May? Maybe.?

Knowing he needed time to process that, I went back to my homework.

Calculus was killing me. Usually I didn?t have a problem with whatever the teacher threw at us, but lately I?d had a lot less time to study.

After a while, Davey straightened, peered at my paper. ?How much longer are you going to be??

?Don?t know,? I murmured, tapping my pencil eraser against an equation in my book. ?Till I understand it, I guess.?

Davey heaved a loud, bored sigh.

I turned my head. ?You done with your homework already??

He nodded. ?Twenty minutes ago.?

Davey never finished his homework before I did. ?Why are you still hanging around then? Weekend?s burning away?go outside and have some fun.?

?You always stay with me when you finish first. Besides, I like sitting with you.?

Cute, in a wreck Justin?s pride sorta way. I went back to my equations, trying to finish them up faster now.

Davey cleared his throat when I wrote the answer to the second to last problem.

I glanced at him, and he shook his head. My brow furrowed as I noticed the startling intelligence in his eyes. ?This is wrong??

He nodded.

My voice dropped to a whisper. ?You understand these problems, Davey??

His gaze flicked to my paper, back to me. ?They?re easy.?

Oh, wow. I?d known he was getting smarter, but I hadn?t expected him to take that much of a leap so soon. ?Show me?? I asked, pushing my paper toward him.

Davey took the pencil from my hand, erased what I?d done, and scribbled one line beneath the equation.

The answer. ?Wait,? I said, slipping my hand over his forearm. ?Show me the steps in between.?

?In between?? His nose wrinkled in distaste. ?Really? Why can?t you just take my answer??

?Because I need to learn it.?

?Why? Your teachers won?t notice.?

?I want to learn for myself.? My mouth crooked when he still looked skeptical. ?How am I supposed to pass the test if you don?t teach me how to do it??

His face brightened. ?You want me to teach you??

?I need you to teach me, Davey. Please.?

His back straightened, bringing his head just shy of even with mine. ?Okay, Justin. I?ll take care of you.?

I fought the urge to sigh, forcing a smile instead. ?Thanks.? Leaning my cheek against my fist, I gestured with my other hand toward the paper, letting him know to get started.

Davey grinned and wrote out the entire problem in neat, thoughtful script. He explained every step, speaking slowly to make sure I could follow. Teaching his older brother was so much fun for him.

Not much fun for me, I?m afraid. But it was quiet, calm. And I did learn a lot.

All in all, not a bad Sunday.

I stepped out of the men?s shower, towel wrapped low around my waist, and stopped short when I saw the best of Hamilton Baseball?s roster standing in front of me.

Brad crossed his arms over his chest as he looked me over. ?Knew you were hurting,? he said, his eyes drifting up to mine. ?Didn?t realize it was this bad, though.?

My bruises. I fought the urge to take the towel and cover more of my body?there was no point. From the neck down my skin was mottled in black and blue.

Mikey spoke in an almost whisper. ?God, so this is why you?ve been showering after the rest of us all this time??

My hand tightened on the knot of material at my hip. ?What?s going on, guys?? I asked coolly.

Carl shook his head as he stared at me. ?My brother Sam?s been talking about how much Davey has been growing. But I thought it was just little kid talk, you know??

?Then I saw your baby brother this Saturday,? said Brad, his voice as cool as mine, ?and we realized it wasn?t an exaggeration.?

Jack combed trembling fingers through his hair. ?Troy Hunter came to school with a limp today.? I blanched, but he kept speaking. ?He?s been telling everyone how Davey?s a monster now.?

My fist clenched as every muscle in my body drew taut. ?He?s not a monster.?

?Easy, man,? said Jack, raising his hands. ?I?m just telling you what Troy?s been saying.?

?But,? said Mikey, falling back a step when I shot a glare his way, ?given? this? You can?t blame us for wondering??

?If Davey did this to you,? said Brad, with none of the freshman?s hesitation.

Carl shook his head. ?Did your brother do that to you, Justin??

My fist loosened, and I glanced away. ?It?s not his fault.?

I heard their shocked murmurs and closed my eyes.

?Why didn?t you??

?We can help??

?You don?t have to??

My eyes snapped open as I bit back a growl. ?What is this? An intervention??

?Could be,? Brad answered calmly. ?We can?t possibly have all the facts, so we need you to spell it out for us.?

I knew my team, and I sure as hell knew Brad. They wouldn?t let this go until they were satisfied. ?After I get dressed.?

They started arguing with me, and I cut them off.

?I?m still captain of this team.? My eyes narrowed as I stared each of them down. ?Right??

They jumped and scattered?everyone except Brad.

?I?m your captain too,? I snapped.

?Hey, I?ve kissed most of that body,? he said, grinning. ?Doesn?t that mean I get special privileges??

I didn?t want to let go of my scowl, but I couldn?t help bursting into laughter. ?Asshole.?

His smile couldn?t mask the concern in his eyes. ?Only because I love you.?

Shaking my head, I strode past him to my locker. Brad followed me, sat on a bench as he watched me pull on a pair of jeans.

?Why didn?t you tell me?? he asked softly.

I shrugged and called the rest of the team out.

They filed in, gathered around Brad.

?Out with it,? I told them.

Mikey stumbled forward, leaned on Carl for support. ?You can stay with me, Justin. We?ve got plenty of room.?

Those rushed words made all of my anger and irritation vanish. ?Stay with you??

?If you?re not safe at home,? said Jack, gesturing to himself and to everyone around him, ?any of us can put you up. No problem.?

Brad raised his eyebrows in his See what good friends you have? expression.

I let my back thump against the lockers. The metal felt cold and hard against my bare skin, and for some reason I thought I might cry. ?Guys?? I glanced up at them. ?Thank you.?

?So whose house is it going to be?? asked Carl.

Shaking my head, I blinked and grinned at them. ?Davey?s not abusing me or anything. He?s just really, really strong and loses track sometimes.? I held up my hand when they geared up to flood me with questions. ?I can?t leave home. Not now. If I do?? When I played things right, Davey generally listened to me, and I could push that darkness inside of him back a bit. Even if I couldn?t stop what was happening to him, at least I could slow it down. ?If I do, I might lose my brother, and I can?t let things fall apart that way.?

Almost in unison, they frowned at me.

Brad was the one who saved me from having to go into more details. ?Guys, why don?t you call it a day?? he suggested, his gaze never leaving mine. ?Let me talk to the captain privately.?

Carl, Jack, and Mikey hesitated, but did as he told them. Not before offering their houses to me again, though.

They really were good friends.

When they were out of earshot, Brad propped his feet inside an empty locker. ?So little Davey?s all grown up.?

?He?s not grown up,? I murmured. ?He?s still eight?in some ways.?

?What?s happening to him??

Wish I knew. ?No idea.?

?But he?s hurting you.?

I crossed my arms over my chest, stared down at the floor. ?It?s not his fault. He doesn?t even realize he?s doing it.?

?You haven?t told him??

I shook my head.

?You have too much fucking pride, Justin.?

My head shot up. ?That?s not why??

Brad rose to his feet, closed the distance between us. ?It?s not??

Feeling my scowl returning, I stared up at him. ?No.?

He clucked his tongue, took hold of my wrist. ?You?ve always been weirdly attached to that kid.?

?How can you say that?? I asked, appalled. ?He?s my brother.?

?I know,? he said gently. ?You two are really close, and it?s not like I begrudge your relationship with him. But from the moment Davey became your brother, he?s been the center of your world.? Brad lowered his head. ?You live for him, do you even realize that??

Live for him? ?He?s important to me.?

?He?s hurting you.?

?They?re accidents!?

?And what if next time he accidently breaks your arm?? He lifted my arm, forcing me to look at the mess it had become. ?You?d have to kiss all those scholarship offers goodbye. What about your future, Justin??

I stared at him in shock.

Brad?s face softened. ?Tell him today. For me.?

Baseball? I couldn?t imagine not playing it. Brad was right?if I kept avoiding this, I might lose my chance to play forever. ?Alright,? I whispered.

Brad released me, took a step back. ?At least now I know why you?ve been so stressed. I?ll bet you feel better after sharing, don?t you??

A hollow chuckle escaped me. ?Yeah.?

?You know what you need??

?What??

He winked at me. ?You need to get laid. Desperately.?

My laughter warmed. ?Be serious.?

?I am serious. When was the last time you were with somebody??

Shit, I couldn?t remember. ?In case you haven?t noticed, I?m a little busy at the moment. I don?t exactly have time to spare for a relationship.?

?Who said anything about a relationship? Have a fling.? He slid his hands into his pockets. ?Summer lovin? and all that.?

I frowned. ?It?s spring.?

Brad cocked an eyebrow. ?Summer lovin?, had me a blast??

?I?? Suddenly it felt like he was speaking another language. ?I don?t get it.?

?You?ve never seen Grease??

?What?s Grease??

?Oh, man.? Brad chuckled warmly. ?It?s a movie. Netflix it or something.? He leaned forward. ?And think about what I said. If you don?t tap that pressure inside of you soon, you?re going to explode. None of us want to see that.?

It felt good knowing that he?that everyone?cared about me so much. It also felt good that Brad wouldn?t let me go this alone. ?I?ll try.?

?Good. Now,? he palmed his chest, ?for the love of god, put on a shirt. Just looking at you is making my whole body ache.?

I grabbed my shirt, tugged it on. ?It?s not that bad, is it??

?Trust me, it really is. I thought Mikey was going to faint earlier.?

My mouth crooked as I put on my baseball cap and grabbed my bag. ?You wouldn?t happen to know if Troy Hunter has any afterschool activities??

?Don?t worry about that,? said Brad, seeing what I had planned instantly. ?I?ll take care of Troy.?

The statement took me off guard. ?You?ll take care of him??

Brad shrugged. ?Sure. You?re my family, so that means Davey?s family too.? He grinned. ?Can?t let some sophomore go and trash him, can I??

I smiled back at him. ?No, you can?t.?

?Go home, tell your brother to ease up on you, and then relax for a while. Okay??

Sighing, I walked out of the locker room, waving my hand over my shoulder. ?See you tomorrow.?

Once outside, I adjusted the brim of my cap to keep the sun out of my face. I took my time heading home, thinking about what Brad had told me.

Did I really live for my brother? And, if so, was that? was that wrong?

I couldn?t imagine Davey gone from my life any more than I could imagine not playing baseball. Wanting to protect him, to save him from vanishing altogether, wasn?t wrong. I was sure of it.

I walked up my porch steps, took a deep breath as I put my hand on the doorknob. Davey still liked to wrestle me as soon as I got home?it always happened so fast that I was flat on my back before I had a chance to say anything?so I wouldn?t be able to let him know he was hurting me until after that.

So I closed my eyes, pushed open the door, and braced myself for impact.

?You look scared, Justin. Like you?re preparing yourself for getting hit by a truck.?

My eyes fluttered open, and I felt my skin pale as I realized the day I?d been dreading had finally arrived.

There stood Davey, a full inch taller than me.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick

Last edited by Rowan; September 25th, 2008 at 12:47 AM. Reason: updating chapter markers because I'm a masochist
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rowan For This Useful Post:
dickasauras (July 23rd, 2013), gogr2 (October 10th, 2012), reader23 (December 29th, 2013)
  #2   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 08:35 PM

Merry Christmas.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 08:46 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Thanks! Another one! I'm HAPPY!

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
I love Christmas Eve presents. This one was goooood. Thanks, Rowan.
Merry Christmas!
  #5   Add to Otaru_grower's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 09:27 PM

Otaru_grower is on a distinguished road
So did Davey make a deal with Satan or what??? HOW is this happening??
  #6   Add to bribear1042's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 09:48 PM

bribear1042 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bribear1042 Send a message via Yahoo to bribear1042
I love this time of year!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I love my present!! This chapter was really good. It gave us a glimpse into a possible role reversal (Davey teaching Justin calculus, Davey taller than Justin, Big little brother comments, etc.) and Justin realizing that he has been oblivious to it all and making excuses. I like the inner conflict that is developing with Justin. Is it wrong to shield your little brother from harm? To protect him? No it is not but when your little brother is Davey, I don't think he needs protecting. I also like the changes (physical AND mental) that are happening with Davey as well. Davey is realizing that his strength can hurt people thus why he was upset about the fight with the sophomore and punching Justin. This shows that Davey is still an 8 year old kid.

Please don't keep us in suspense knowing what happens to this relationship. You've built up to a climax, just when Justin gets the courage to tell Davey to ease up and take a stand against his little brother, Justin is faced with the fact that Davey is NOT his little brother anymore. Speaking from experience as an older brother who has a younger brother who is taller and bigger than I, it hurts your pride a little the moment you realize that you're not the Bigger older brother anymore. By no means am I saying that I want this story to end but I am dying to know how Justin and Davey are going to resolve this conflict.

Good work Rowan.
  #7   Add to iceman75's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Big Daddy Cool Member

iceman75 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to iceman75
Great story, Rowan, awesome to see Davey getting not only more muscular and stronger, but smarter as well. I sort of like that, but it seems his emotional growth needs to catch up to his knowledge growth. Not that I want him to grow too much older, its cool seeing how strong an 8 year old kid can be in a fantasy world.

In the MGS FC's, I am Barf the Mawg from Spaceballs, loyal, powerful, quick witted, but I have a bit of a weight problem.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/yfhmk/

Only those serious about young muscle need apply. We do accept stories, but let's keep it clean. This is the only place on the web where Ragman's "My Nephew" Stories can be found.
  #8   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 11:20 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
“You look scared, Justin. Like you’re preparing yourself for getting hit by a truck.”

My eyes fluttered open, and I felt my skin pale as I realized the day I’d been dreading had finally arrived.

There stood Davey, a full inch taller than me.
Oh you little cliffhanging SOB writer! You're just too damn good! You got me swearing compliments at you for this chapter! Yes, compliments!

*calms down a bit*....Astounding, all I can really say without going back to "swearing compliments".

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #9   Add to ferro's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2007, 11:30 PM

ferro is on a distinguished road
Better and better

Thanks, Rowan. Excellent chapter. I like Justin more and more, and he's got some great friends, which tells you something right there.

I think we're in for major changes when lucky thirteen comes along...
  #10   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 02:32 AM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
Gah, teaser!
  #11   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 02:47 AM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
You're such a TEASE, Rowan! You're just as bad as TheMM! Why did you have to end the story chapter THERE?????

Now, all Justin can look forward to, is Davey being bigger, stronger, smarter, AND taller than him. Not only that, but he's eventually going to be 2 inches taller... 3 inches taller... 4 inches taller... a foot taller?

Davey has finally become the BIG brother in every aspect except for one: Justin will always be older than him...

Well, Rowan, you got us chapter 12 on Christmas Day, will we get chapter 13 for New Year's?
  #12   Add to chocomus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 06:57 AM
LDF (Lazy Drawing Freak)

chocomus is on a distinguished road
This story is sooo good! Oh! The author is Rowan? Then it's normal to be such a good story! Thanks for sharing!

http://chocomus.deviantart.com/
http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/chocomus/
  #13   Add to tagsnola's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 07:30 AM

tagsnola is on a distinguished road
Justin...

... may be weaker, have less raw intelligence and now is shorter than Davey. But he HAS been living for Davey. And I think he'll be the key to Davey's eventual escape from "the darkness." There have been some hints as to what is driving Davey's changes. "All rebellion must be crushed." (Who planted that thought inside Davey's head?) And, even without fully understanding "the darkenss," Justin has managed to confound it, sowing confusion in Davey's mind. Maybe, with Justin's help, and maybe even the help of Justin's teammates, that doubt and confusion will be transformed into resolve in Davey's heart and soul to resist "the darkness" and control himself and his strength and redirect it into somethig positive. Justin has been Davey's moral compass. If that be the case, then, in the end it will be Justin who is the hero of this yarn and who who will be the key to "Davey's Destiny."
TagsNOLA
  #14   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 09:59 AM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Davey's got one of Xyggurat's symbiotes. :-)
  #15   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:22 PM

jsmith2300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jsmith2300
Rowan,

Fabulous as always. Ending with a tease -- like usual. So cruel!

Eagerly awaiting more! : )

--JSmith
  #16   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:23 PM

jsmith2300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jsmith2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by skumbum
Sounds like Davey's got one of Xyggurat's symbiotes. :-)
Ha! Too funny!

--JSmith
  #17   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Adam is on a distinguished road
Merry Christmas, Rowan! And thank you very much for this wonderful present to the group. I definitely enjoyed seeing Davey demonstrate his enhanced intelligence. Brad didn't make the mistake of going off half-cocked and did a fine job of thinking things through and acting in a responsible manner. Justin does indeed have great friends, as we saw in this chapter. As for Brad's comment that Justin lives for Davey, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration on Brad's part. There is no denying that Justin is incredibly close to his "little" brother, but he doesn't live for Davey . . . though I believe Justin would die for Davey, if it came to that. I did think it was pride that was keeping Justin from letting Davey know how much the latter was hurting him, but from what he says Justin seems to imply that he just didn't want Davey to feel bad. Probably a mixture of the two motivations, though either way Justin truly has been foolish to let things go on like this for this long.

Ah, here at last is the milestone! Davey is finally taller than his older brother. A very important point has been reached in their ever-changing relationship and the ramifications should be VERY interesting. My personal guess is that this development is going to signal an increase in Davey's chilling aggressiveness and assertiveness, and quite possibly he will start calling Justin "little brother". In any case, you left us on one hell of a cliffhanger!

I will agree that Davey certainly doesn't need any form of physical protection. He was able to carve wood with his FINGERNAIL, and sand it with his thumb! His cellular density must be many times that of a normal human now, raising the question of just what it would take to pierce his skin, much less injure him. He does, however, desperately need the kind of emotional support and guidance that Justin is providing. The growing darkness in his psyche has greatly altered him from the sweet eight year-old he was, and without Justin its advance would continue unabated. Even Justin doesn't seem to think he can stop the transformation, only slow it down, but I believe and hope that our narrator is underestimating himself. We saw in this chapter that he got Davey to admit that sometime being a rebel is good, and in a previous chapter he made Davey see that games don't always have to have a winner. In this fashion he might be able to derail things to the point where the intended final state of mind for Davey is never reached, leaving Davey considerably more himself than would otherwise be the case.
  #18   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Davey is already taking on the role of the "big brother". I saw it in part 11, and he repeats it in part 12, when he teaches Justin how to solve the math problem, and says “Okay, Justin. I’ll take care of you.” I LOVE that scene.

And, when Justin told him that there were people who hated his guts, Davey wanted to know right away, WHO those people were, like he was ready to protect Justin.

Davey is already the "big brother": He has become the teacher, the protector, and he will do anything to "take care" of Justin, like a big brother would.
  #19   Add to onelocolobo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:08 PM

onelocolobo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to onelocolobo
Happy New Year to me! I go on vacation and come home to find this! Thanks for the great chapter Rowan! Can't wait to see what else you've got planned. I'm sure you've got something up your sleeve! You always do!

Have a happy new year and keep up the amazing writing!
  #20   Add to SOOT012's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2008, 01:08 PM

SOOT012 is on a distinguished road
Oh my. That is a nice treat.

Hmm...the plot has definitely thickened. This story keeps getting more interesting with each chapter.
Keep up the great work and have a wonderful new year.
  #21   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
Thanks! Another one! I'm HAPPY!

xoxo

Richard
lol. I'm glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHEON
I love Christmas Eve presents. This one was goooood. Thanks, Rowan.
Merry Christmas!
Merry (way belated) Christmas to you too, ARCHEON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaru_grower
So did Davey make a deal with Satan or what??? HOW is this happening??
No deal with Satan. Next chapter's going to be fun, I think, but not going to find out there, either. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribear1042
You've built up to a climax, just when Justin gets the courage to tell Davey to ease up and take a stand against his little brother, Justin is faced with the fact that Davey is NOT his little brother anymore.
The rules are always changing, and Justin's always scrambling to stay in the game. I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman75
Great story, Rowan, awesome to see Davey getting not only more muscular and stronger, but smarter as well. I sort of like that, but it seems his emotional growth needs to catch up to his knowledge growth.
I think Davey's emotional growth is always going to be lagging to his other gifts. It makes a great contrast with Justin, who's mature and responsible in all the areas in his life, not just Davey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
Oh you little cliffhanging SOB writer! You're just too damn good! You got me swearing compliments at you for this chapter! Yes, compliments!
I'll take that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferro
Thanks, Rowan. Excellent chapter. I like Justin more and more, and he's got some great friends, which tells you something right there
Agreed. I had a great time revisiting Justin's teammates--Brad in particular. They really are a good bunch of guys, and I'm glad I got to write them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumbum
Gah, teaser!
haha. Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextorres
Davey has finally become the BIG brother in every aspect except for one: Justin will always be older than him...
I don't know--I think Justin's still the big brother in other ways. He's got a quality to him that people just naturally gravitate to for leadership--his teammates, other little kids, even Davey. It's not something that can be taught or programmed, ya know? That's my opinion, anyway. We'll see how that pans out in coming chapters. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocomus
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagsnola
Justin has been Davey's moral compass.
Definitely. But there's no denying that what's inside Davey has been growing stronger, so we'll have to see if he can *stay* Davey's moral compass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith2300
Fabulous as always. Ending with a tease -- like usual. So cruel!
I wish I had a tally of how many people have called me "cruel" in the past year. I'm thinking that'd be a pretty interesting number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Ah, here at last is the milestone! Davey is finally taller than his older brother.
I'd been looking forward to that moment since chapter 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelocolobo
Have a happy new year and keep up the amazing writing!
Happy New Year to you, too.

-The Tick
  #22   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOT012
Oh my. That is a nice treat.

Hmm...the plot has definitely thickened. This story keeps getting more interesting with each chapter.
lol. Thanks. That's always the plan, but you never know until you put it out there.

-The Tick
  #23   Add to Jaypat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:07 PM

Jaypat will become famous soon enough
Love your work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan

No deal with Satan. Next chapter's going to be fun, I think, but not going to find out there, either. lol.

They're all fun.

But reading a story by Rowan is like being stuck in traffic on a senic highway; you're not going anywhere soon, but the view is so fantastic you don't really care.
  #24   Add to tagsnola's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:33 AM

tagsnola is on a distinguished road
Fun

I hope there's some fun for Justin. He's with sll the stress he's had to endure, he deserves it.
  #25   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:00 PM

Make it FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagsnola

I hope there's some fun for Justin. He's with sll the stress he's had to endure, he deserves it.
Hey Rowan: I totally agree with tagsnola. Justin needs a break. Davey and Justin need to have some FUN now and then...
  #26   Add to Maverick0095875's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
lifeisahighway

Maverick0095875 is on a distinguished road
so hey whens the next chapter coming? lol
  #27   Add to yobdior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 21st, 2008, 03:56 PM

yobdior is on a distinguished road
I missed this somehow!

Thanks for another exciting installment Rowan - especially so soon after chapter 11!

It seems to me that Davey's 'destiny' is only really just beginning to take shape, and that he still has some way to go before his transformation is complete. I really like where this seems to be going, and the tensions and themes you're exploring through both Justin and Davey's actions make the story compelling, especially now we're beginning to see other sides to their personalities.

#28   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM

So... Any ideas on when we can get the next chapter of Davey?
  #29   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2008, 04:48 PM

Well, we're almost in April. I miss this story. When will we get chapter 13 of Davey's Destiny?
  #30   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextorres View Post
Well, we're almost in April. I miss this story. When will we get chapter 13 of Davey's Destiny?
Heh, I haven't even done my *taxes* yet.

-The Tick
  #31   Add to peachiekeen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2008, 08:06 PM

peachiekeen is on a distinguished road
dude, this story freaks me out in such a bad way, but, oddly enough, also in a good way. It's incredible and intriguing and draws me into every time, despite the fact that the concept unnerves the hell outta me and I end up getting chilled every time I read a new chapter. The idea of a once loveable child dominating and subjugating his older brother freaks me out and frankly upsets me on some wierd level, but the way you contrast it with Davey's internal struggle, for lack of a better term, gives it a great balance so that it's at the point where I still enjoy it, but it makes me really uncomfortable when I read it, lol. Keep up the good work, this really is a very impressive story.
  #32   Add to musclemonkey's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Monkeys have bigger tails

musclemonkey is on a distinguished road
Maybe a revival?

Ok, so I KNOW this story is pretty old, but I dug it up and read it all the way through. I also know it is a long-shot, but do you think there is any possible way we could get the ending of this?
Everything in this story (and all of your stories) is done perfectly right. I REALLY hate that there is no end to this, and I REALLY love your work!
  #33   Add to Otaru_grower's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:37 PM

Otaru_grower is on a distinguished road
We never did find out the cause of Davey's growth...
  #34   Add to OnyxFaith's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2010, 12:41 AM

OnyxFaith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to OnyxFaith
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemonkey View Post
Ok, so I KNOW this story is pretty old, but I dug it up and read it all the way through. I also know it is a long-shot, but do you think there is any possible way we could get the ending of this?
Everything in this story (and all of your stories) is done perfectly right. I REALLY hate that there is no end to this, and I REALLY love your work!
Rowan McBride made the decision to leave the forum here when his stories no long fit the newer guidelines.

More info can be found here http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...t=11824&page=2 and http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19169

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options