The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:49 PM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 35: What Are We Doin' In Love

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion
Part 13: America
Part 14: Deep Inside My Heart
Part 15: Mister Sandman
Part 16: Hard To Say
Part 17: Bette Davis Eyes
Part 18: Limelight
Part 19: Cool Love
Part 20: Don't Let Him Go
Part 21: Physical
Part 22: Hold On Tight
Part 23: Medley
Part 24: I Love You
Part 25: The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
Part 26: Everlasting Love
Part 27: It's My Turn
Part 28: I Love A Rainy Night
Part 29: Promises In The Dark (Beginning)
Part 30: Promises In The Dark (Middle)
Part 31: Promises In The Dark (Almost To The End)
Part 32: Promises In The Dark (The End)
Part 33: I Made It Through The Rain
Part 34: For Your Eyes Only

Any feedback is very much appreciated – I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

A little assistance, just in case: bold and indented are song lyrics, [COLOR="Yellow"]yellow[/COLOR] is Ben's writing in his journal, and italics are Tug's thoughts. Hope that helps to keep everything straight.

Tug began reading Ben’s journal, and his friend’s feelings were evident right from the beginning of the summer.

June 15: [COLOR="Yellow"]Yesterday it was an island of strangers, but today it's an island with Tug. Really friendly. And good-looking. And funny, with a big laugh. He laughed so loud it filled the entire room. Swoon! Sigh! Egad, I sound like a fourteen year old girl. But I do hope to see him again soon.[/COLOR]

Tug thought about his boisterous laugh. When he was younger, his parents used to send glares in his direction, signaling that he was being too loud. But apparently Ben really liked it.

And he thought I was good-looking? He saw my fat body shirtless, dancing around the living room with pastries stuffed in my mouth, and he still thought I was good-looking?

June 16 (morning): [COLOR="yellow"]I can’t believe that I purposely left the barbell collars at his garage, just to give me a reason to call him. I should have just asked Tug if he wanted to work out with me this summer. Why do I get so nervous around him?[/COLOR]

Tug smiled, knowing that Ben’s devious plan had worked. As he read, the radio, which had been playing commercials since Ben had turned it on, began to play a familiar tune:

We're like summer and winter
We're not one bit alike
We're like satin and cinders
I'm definitely not your type

Well then what are we doin' in love
What are we doin' in a mess like this
What are we doin' in love

Why were you someone I couldn't resist

June 16 (evening): [COLOR="yellow"]When Tug came over today, he said I looked like summer, which was funny, since he was dressed like winter. But he stayed, and he worked out with me! And we ran on the beach, too! I really hope I didn’t scare him off with the intensity of the workout. Fingers crossed he comes back.[/COLOR]

As much as I didn’t want to, I couldn’t tell Ben no. He was just someone I couldn’t resist...

We're like paper and matches
We'll probably have our share of fights
We're like roses and switches
It's gonna be hard but we gotta try

So what are we doin' in love
And what are we gonna tell all our friends

July 4: [COLOR="yellow"]Spectacular fireworks tonight. It was a (pardon the pun) blast watching them from the fire lookout. And it was so warm and comfortable under the blanket with Tug - I wonder if he felt that way, too? Dang it, you think I would have learned my lesson with Kelly – don't get too attached to boys. What am I getting myself into?[/COLOR]

Boy, that was a fun night. And it was really warm underneath the blanket. It’s too bad Dad only warned me and Tim to stay away from the girls with the movie star eyes, and didn’t caution us to not get too attached to boys. I mean, how would I ever explain this to my parents? And how would I tell my friends?

You don't have to like someone
To love someone
That rule was made to be broken

But if we have to say goodbye
To a life we've gotten used to
What are we doin' in love then

July 23: [COLOR="yellow"]Another 8 days before Tug gets back. I’m falling for him. I am. But I have to find out where he stands. I have to play it cool for a little while longer. Play it cool. I’ve been enjoying this summer so much – every minute I get to spend with Tug is a blessing. I’ve just gotten used to this new life so quickly that I’m afraid telling him how I feel will mean we might have to say goodbye. So I’ll wait, and play it cool for now.[/COLOR]

We're like sunup and sundown
People say we're never gonna last
Like uptown and downtown
You like it slow, but I like it fast

So what are we doin' in love
What are we gonna tell all our friends

Tug then flipped to the final entry, dated the day before.

August 31: [COLOR="yellow"]Today’s the day I let him know. I’m sure other people would tell me it’s crazy, because we live 3,000 miles apart. They might say it won’t last, that we’re too different, or that I shouldn’t mess things up. But the only thing that matters to me is that I love Tug Yates. I love him, I love him, I love him. I’m going to tell him at sundown tonight. Or maybe wait until the moon comes out. And take him out on the bluff, overlooking the water. Make it really special. Make it memorable. I just hope the rain stops by then.[/COLOR]

You were just someone I couldn't resist
So that's what we're doin' in love

Tug smiled as he read the last entry.

Well, it was certainly memorable...

He wanted to read the rest of the journal and sort out his feelings for Ben. He had to consider if he not only had the strength to tell Ben that he loved him, but also tell the world he was gay.

It's too much to think about right now...

He decided to take a nap first, and then he would read through the entire journal and think about everything again when he woke up.

Last edited by Padraig; September 6th, 2009 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:53 PM

Ms. Dottie West, with a little assistance from Mr. Kenny Rogers:

#3   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2009, 10:23 PM

Never mind what I wrote here. Sorry.

Last edited by Padraig; September 5th, 2009 at 10:55 PM.
  #4   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2009, 01:05 PM

I'm bumping up the recent chapters so that nobody misses any. Chapter 37 coming this afternoon!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options