The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 3.79 average. Display Modes
  #41   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2005, 02:30 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
Hahahhaa.....

Since I work for the Denver Convention and Visitor's Bureau - it's definitely in my plans to motivate everyone I can to come visit Denver.... even if I have to put my own body on the line to do it (ref. offer to digibacker for wrestling - I'm a little afraid now after seeing those thighs). What can I say, I'm a company man!!

Yeah, come see us! You won't be sorry.... I know I won't.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2005, 09:59 AM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Yeah your right, (i've just commented on his thread) - those thighs of his are absolutely awesum! Gotta get myself a pair of those... mind you, im getting there...

* Books holiday to denver, makes note to check out visitors centre * ;0)

Marc
  #43   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:21 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Supplements

Ya know.. the funny thing is that in the states since there is a competative market for supplements, you're actually going to find some decent prices on stuff. I've started to use All the Whey protein and for the $$ it goes the distance. I've always tried to stay away from brands like GNC since they tend to carry the overhead associated with most GNCs being located in expensive retail locations (read Malls).

I have to say though Marco, you've done an awesome job so far researching what supplements to take. And you've done it relatively cheap I might add. Which in itself is a complement when you consider you are in the UK.

As a side note, have you heard of anything called Nutirent Timing? It's actually a great book that delves into when and what needs to be taken to optimize growth. It's really a great book for those looking to understand how the body processes what it takes in and it also provides what the authors define as optimum nutrition, i.e. what you need to get the most out of your nutrients. Amazon UK probably has the book on sale. (Just as a note of credit, claygrant is the one who introduced me to this book).

In the end it's all about finding what works for your body. If you really want to get serious, look up a professional nutritionist that helps get bodybuilders in shape for contest. Find one that has a ton of sucessful clients and you'll be set since, chances are, he/she will be able to classify you in a heartbeat and tailor a diet that is going to get the most out of your body.

Awesome work mate!

Scott
  #44   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2005, 04:45 PM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ukmus
[color=#c6cdf3]Here?s the sue do code of the formula for how much muscle I want?[/color]

(snip)
[color=#c6cdf3][/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]If Muscle_Mass < InDanger_of_Immobility then[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3]Muscle_Mass += 1[/color]
[color=#c6cdf3] [/color]
LOL! ... Really got a good chuckle out of that .

Looks like you're really doing a great job, Marc. And really working on this thoroughly and logically. (Like a true programmer.)

I'm quite looking forward to see how things progress for you. You already had a great build to start off with, so everything you add to it is going to be icing on the cake.
  #45   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:09 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusx
Ya know.. the funny thing is that in the states since there is a competative market for supplements, you're actually going to find some decent prices on stuff. I've started to use All the Whey protein and for the $$ it goes the distance. I've always tried to stay away from brands like GNC since they tend to carry the overhead associated with most GNCs being located in expensive retail locations (read Malls).

I have to say though Marco, you've done an awesome job so far researching what supplements to take. And you've done it relatively cheap I might add. Which in itself is a complement when you consider you are in the UK.

As a side note, have you heard of anything called Nutirent Timing? It's actually a great book that delves into when and what needs to be taken to optimize growth. It's really a great book for those looking to understand how the body processes what it takes in and it also provides what the authors define as optimum nutrition, i.e. what you need to get the most out of your nutrients. Amazon UK probably has the book on sale. (Just as a note of credit, claygrant is the one who introduced me to this book).

In the end it's all about finding what works for your body. If you really want to get serious, look up a professional nutritionist that helps get bodybuilders in shape for contest. Find one that has a ton of sucessful clients and you'll be set since, chances are, he/she will be able to classify you in a heartbeat and tailor a diet that is going to get the most out of your body.

Awesome work mate!

Scott
Hi Scott! :0)

Thanks for your great suggestion of this book. I definitely agree that trying to get the most out of what one eats whilst trying to bulk up is arguably the key to the entire growth thing. I have already ordered the book having read a review or two about it, ironically from Amazon.co.uk - should arrive in a day or two. Anyway, i'm eager to know what your experiences of the advice contained within have delivered for you?

Yeah, I have actually thought about seeing a nutritionist, since I'm already seeing a personal trainer to take the tests at the end of each phase, as well as others on the off chance I do myself an injury in the gym (I actually managed to tear part of my pec muscle connected to my rib cage about 5 weeks or so ago, it stopped me working that particular muscle group for about 2 weeks. The physio dude said it was a rare thing to do, but somehow I managed it - doh!). Obviously at the moment the supplements and diet are like a calculated trial and error process. Seems to be working but then is it optimized??? I doubt it somehow not being an expert myself, so trying to find a way to "optimize" the diet will no doubt prove to be the main factor if I wish to accelerate growth for phase 3 and beyond.

Thanks for your commlements Scott and much more importantly, your advice and suggestions :0) I trust your new supplement regieme is going well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibacker
LOL! ... Really got a good chuckle out of that
Thanks Digi Yeah, nobody else commented on that until now. Glad you enjoyed it

Quote:
Looks like you're really doing a great job, Marc. And really working on this thoroughly and logically. (Like a true programmer.)
Yeah, i'm quite a logical thinker, hence my chosen carear...

Quote:
I'm quite looking forward to seeing how things progress for you. You already had a great build to start off with, so everything you add to it is going to be icing on the cake.
Me too! - I can't wait to see how much muscle i can build on this frame. I mean 10lbs is ok, and allegidly quite good for 6 months work, but its nothing compared to where i want to be. Yeah, a lot of people have said I have a good starting point... I just gotta build it all up to some "decent" level. Of course, everyones interpretation of the word "decent" in this context varies from person to person... I'm thinking say that of whats portrade in an 'N' morph... ;0) hehe

Marc
  #46   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2005, 08:44 AM
On route to freakdom

Wow - What a night!

[color=#c6cdf3]Hi all,[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]I just had to share this with you guys; Last night my work colleagues and I went out for a few drinks and an evening meal because one of our office members was leaving us to go travelling. Anyway, after meeting up we went to a good restaurant, whilst we were all getting seated I obviously took my coat off and sat down. Literally within seconds one of my office colleagues made a comment about how muscular and big I was looking, at which point everyone (6 of them excluding me (3 male, 3 female)) turned and started checking me out and started making comments. I must say since I have only had one face-to-face complement to date this was REALLY motivating! The weird thing is, I work with these people day in and day out but obviously because its winter here and I'm always covered up what with my long trousers (Pants for USA) and long sleeved shirts, I guess they don't get to see my arms and upper body in quite so much detail as arguably my gym goers would. Incidentally I was wearing one of my favourite t-shirts and cargo trousers. It was a strange feeling, on one hand I was embarrassed since all eyes were on me, and on the other hand I was really happy that people had noticed the hard work I?ve put in and the attention I was getting. The funny thing is, the conversation did not stop there. One of the ladies said that my shoulders were much bigger, at which point one of my other male colleagues started using his hands to point to muscles and tried to guess their names and was looking to me for verification. It felt really GOOD! I of course took the opportunity to show off some of my knowledge that I have learned about BB'ing. Another guy started questioning me about what weights and exercises I did. Ah it was great! After about 5 minuets of this the conversation naturally progressed on to a different topic, but for the entire time I sat there eating my food and making idle conversation, I noted that not only was I getting more eye contact than usual from my office colleagues, but I also noted quite a few consistent "check me out" type stares from others around the room.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]And all of that was just in the restaurant! After the restaurant we decided to go on a pub crawl. We were in one of the pub / clubs when the topic of my physique suddenly was brought up again by one of my colleagues. This time he just wanted to feel the muscle's. He did not ask, just proceeded to gently squeeze my muscles, but then I did not mind. With a kind of astonished and inquisitive look on his face he made a comment about how firm they felt. Whilst he did this, another one of my colleagues, a lady this time did it as well, this time feeling my pecs, which arguably is a little too far, but then again, it was interesting watching their faces and listening to their thoughts and opinions. As if that was not enough, one of my other colleagues which had not seen me for quite a few weeks made a comment about how much beefier I looked now. Another thing I noticed that really strikes me was that being that we were in a crowded bar, people did not barge pass me. Rather I noticed they either found an alternative route or VERY politely said excuse me. This was somewhat a very different experience compared with that of only 6 or so months ago. And with respect to other blokes, it did not even matter if they were taller than me, the same type of respect was in play, I guess looking beefier does have its advantages after all.[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]The whole night was just amazing! An enormous confidence boost! Maybe this amence wash of open comments about my new and progressing physique from my colleagues was a result of the influence of alcohol, what with peoples inhabitations being down coupled with a sharp boost of confidence. Who knows... and frankly who cares... its leg day tomorrow and boy am I going to beat the crap out them ;0) I can't wait until summer time...[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]Marc[/color]

[color=#c6cdf3]P.S. My bench press is finally up to 60KG and my body weight is now 150lbs... [/color]

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; March 12th, 2005 at 08:51 AM.
  #47   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2005, 11:39 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Sounds Great Marc

It shows how hard we are on ourselves when we think we have a long way to go and friends spontaneously seem shocked and in awe about you getting bigger.

I notice myself the "walking around you" thing - now seen something similar when I stand on the escalators on the tube - people ask to get past - i assume because the space is slightly constricted....

Keep at it.
  #48   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 08:05 AM

ethernet_jock
damn marc!

I can't say I've ever had that much attention before!! Not even close, really!

Sweeeeet, if that isn't a little extra motivation, I don't know what is.

As for the 60kg bench, you're catching up to me quickly!! At this rate, within the next 6-9 months, you'll surpass what is known as my MOST difficult muscle group in strenghth!!....

*sigh*

I can't think of a nicer guy either, dammit.... so frustrating, I can't even be jealous of you.

Now get that preacher curl over 77kg and I might just have to take you out before you're too big for me to handle.

#49   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:07 PM

Quick question -- when you guys mention "60kg bench", do you mean bench pressing with a total of 60kg? (132 pounds).
  #50   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:40 PM
On route to freakdom

Hi Guys!

UKBeefy - Yeah its like i've said before on this site, being that you see yourself all the time you tend not to notice the subtle changes that happen day by day, week by week. Its only when you compare photos or take the measurements that you realize things have changed. Obviously, becuase your mates don't see you like you do every day in the mirror, they i guess, see these changes as more dramatic. Anyway, its really cool getting noticed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBeefy
...I notice myself the "walking around you" thing - now seen something similar when I stand on the escalators on the tube - people ask to get past - i assume because the space is slightly constricted...
Sure the space is confined and constricted, but its just the way people go about manoeuvring around you thats of interest. People just seem to be much more respectful, even under the influence of alcohol. Based on the general experience of pubs, bars and clubs 6 months or so ago, I swear its all down to the muscle.

Ether - Thanks man! I'm very motivated at the moment! The attention was mind blowing... It just makes me wonder what it will be like when im 160lbs or 180lbs... let alone 200 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
...As for the 60kg bench, you're catching up to me quickly!! At this rate, within the next 6-9 months, you'll surpass what is known as my MOST difficult muscle group in strength!!...
Yeah my bench press is gradually improving. My strength is still going up at a consistent rate and I think the muscle growth is the same but i won't post any details about that for another 7 weeks ;0)

I'll be benching you soon... (j/k)

So how much do you bench currently?

Quote:
I can't think of a nicer guy either, dammit.... so frustrating, I can't even be jealous of you.
*blushes* Thanks Ether! I do try... hehe

Quote:
... Now get that preacher curl over 77kg and I might just have to take you out before you're too big for me to handle.
Yes Sir! Yeah my precher curl needs a LOT of improvement. The arms are definetly one area phase three will really focus on. As for the reaching 77kg, I will definetly aim for that and i'll hold you to it

Quote:
Quick question -- when you guys mention "60kg bench", do you mean bench pressing with a total of 60kg? (132 pounds).
Hi Digi, yeah when i say 60kg bench i mean 60kg Total, thus everything, bar and plates. 132lbs is not much by BB standards/anything, but I'm just getting started. And when I say bench 60kg I don't mean the 1RM (1 rep max), I mean I can complete 3 sets of 8 using that weight. I have no idea what my 1RM is.

Thanks guys for your comments as always Keep pumping and no doubt I'll meet up with you guys one day, esp you Ether!

Marc

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
  #51   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 01:30 PM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
Ether - Thanks man! I'm very motivated at the moment! The attention was mind blowing... It just makes me wonder what it will be like when im 160lbs or 180lbs... let alone 200 +
I definitely enjoy being 6'4" - 250.... I can't say that I'm built like a body-builder or get any kind of super-extra attention - but people do tend to get out of my way and I generally get the respect I need when dealing with confrontational situations. It's good to be big, in life, in business, and in relation.... it shouldn't be that way but it does help. You'll be there soon enough.

Quote:
I'll be benching you soon... (j/k)

So how much do you bench currently?
Ha! I wouldn't doubt it too much. there are guys here who could bench two of me, or at least 1.5 anyway.... that to me, is incomprehensible since Bench has always been my worst exercise. It's growing now though, I think now that I've finally started doing the right things. Albeit slowly, I have seen some increase finally.

I - too - never have tested "one rep max". I don't believe in it, it doesn't make any sense in any kind of real world application... so when I talk about certain weights I'm talking about at least 3 sets of 6-8 reps, just like you. With that in mind, I'm currently benching a very weak 165lbs. You see that as a short-term goal, I see that as pathetic for a 6'4" 250lb guy. It's a matter of perspective. When I can bench my own weight, or at least close to, I'll be happier with it.

Quote:
Yes Sir! Yeah my precher curl needs a LOT of improvement. The arms are definetly one area phase three will really focus on. As for the reaching 77kg, I will definetly aim for that and i'll hold you to it
:P I can't wait. In the meantime, Preacher Curl continues to be one of my better exercises. 77kg isn't THAT much, but it's certainly more than average. I look forward to you kicking my ass.

#52   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2005, 02:36 PM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
I definitely enjoy being 6'4" - 250...
Yeah I wish I was 6'4 feet tall... (now look whos envious... ), Infact i'd be happy at 6' but hey, i'm stuck at 5'6" and its not like working out will some how magically make me grow taller (until genetic engineering becomes a commodity), so I'll have to make the most of it. Having said that, the advantages are that muscle growth looks just a tad more dramatic on a shorter frame

Quote:
It's good to be big, in life, in business, and in relation.... it shouldn't be that way but it does help. You'll be there soon enough. ...
Yeah, I have watched a few documentaries about a stange but true relationship between success in business and relationships due to simply being taller and bigger or having good looks. Obviously personality should come into the equation but first impressions be it meeting someone for the first time or at a job interview are the predominant factor. Like you say it is a shame, but thats life...

Quote:
... It's growing now though, I think now that I've finally started doing the right things. Albeit slowly, I have seen some increase finally.
If I can do it, you being a huge monster as you are will have no problems what-so-ever. Like you say its a matter of perspective, a short term phase for a long term goal. The benching of my 132lbs or your 165lbs is simply a stepping stone and nothing more. Obviously one should not over look those stepping stones and simply cast them aside, after all, they are the building blocks to your goal and you had to sweat to earn them, so pat yourself on the back and move on When oyu get to benching 250lbs, I might have take you out for a meal!

Quote:
... Preacher Curl continues to be one of my better exercises. 77kg isn't THAT much, but it's certainly more than average. I look forward to you kicking my ass.
By my standards and current effort on peacher curlling, 77KG is an enormous amount of weight! I'd be happy at 50kg right now!

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; March 14th, 2005 at 02:40 PM.
  #53   Add to flexicon1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2005, 09:58 AM

flexicon1
he's GROWING!

Hey Marco -

I've just read this whole thread, and I have to say, I really admire your dedication: to your own dream of changing your body, to your detail-oriented progress recording, and to staying in touch with this group of supportive and motivating voices out here in the muscle-focussed world.

I've recently commited to a membership to 24 Hour Fitness after reaching a weight goal of 190lbs. I started consciously gaining weight with widely spaced resistance training sessions about 7 years ago, at a bodyweight of 155 lbs. Now, my goal is to work in cardio arobic workouts, more regular weight-training, and more focussed nutrition and try to maintain my present bodyweight, raising my lean mass and lowering the bodyfat to 9 or 10%. I'm 38 years old.

Thank you for being a model of commitment, strategy, and follow-through for myself and whomever else you inspire. You looked mighty fine in those first pics. The second set showed marked improvement (I'd love to check out the vid you shot: [email protected]). I'm looking forward to watching your progress and seeing you fulfill your own highest potential of muscle freakishness!

Grow Marco! Grow!

-flixicon1
  #54   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi flexicon1!

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I sure enjoyed writing it hear for you guys, in part obviously to see what reaction and comments i get ;0) hehe

Yeah, the group here is great isn't it, of course your all muscle hungry creatures at heart, but I think the group is very supportive. But seriously though, I have a desire which is almost un-expressible in terms of how much I wish to get big, muscular, muscle-bound, not to mention ripped. I guess in one form or another that does come through on my posts in terms of my detail analysis and effort not to mention determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexicon1
I've recently commited to a membership to 24 Hour Fitness after reaching a weight goal of 190lbs. I started consciously gaining weight with widely spaced resistance training sessions about 7 years ago, at a bodyweight of 155 lbs. Now, my goal is to work in cardio arobic workouts, more regular weight-training, and more focussed nutrition and try to maintain my present bodyweight, raising my lean mass and lowering the bodyfat to 9 or 10%. I'm 38 years old.
Wow flexicon1! at a 190lbs I bet your really big and muscular! prehaps you should post some pics :0) Sounds like you have it all planned out. I think the main thing is to have a goal in mind, not a silly impossible to get there one, but an achievable one that is very realistic. I mean obviously my long term goal is 180 in the immediate, and 200+ in the long term, but before any of that are my phase goals which are nice and realistic (at least so i think) of 7lbs~. I do think its important to have a goal, something to aim for. You already have a goal in mind in terms of body fat, and 7 years experience behind you. You'll make it with no problems at all :0)

Quote:
Thank you for being a model of commitment, strategy, and follow-through for myself and whomever else you inspire.
Wow! I'm truely honoured. :0) I did not think i would be a model of inspiration for quite some time yet, not until at least i really look like a massive body builder.

Quote:
You looked mighty fine in those first pics. The second set showed marked improvement (I'd love to check out the vid you shot: [email protected]). I'm looking forward to watching your progress and seeing you fulfill your own highest potential of muscle freakishness!

Grow Marco! Grow!
Hehe, Thanks man! I personally am not that happy with the way i look in that first or even second set of photos. I mean, I guess i look fit, but for me, its no where even close to the freak i wish to end up looking like. Hence, I'm working out like crazy and giving it my all :0) I WILL GROW! ;0)

I have already sent you your copy of the exclusive gym footage ;0) Let me know what you think :0)

Yeah, serveral people have said they are looking forward to seeing me grow... Obviously you guys are all just selfish since all you want to see is me turn into some over developed, muscle bulging incredible hulk like freak!!!... lol ;0) But don't worry, I shall deliver! so what size would you like the biceps to be? hehe

Thanks for your post flexicon1. You brought a big smile to my face when i read it :0) Talking of faces, you have a very handsome face, are you an actor or something of that nature?

Thanks again,

Keep pumping!

Marc

#55   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2005, 06:09 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Quote:
Yeah your right, (i've just commented on his thread) - those thighs of his are absolutely awesum! Gotta get myself a pair of those... mind you, im getting there...
Marc
Marc, from what I just saw of your Feb-26 pics, I'd say you are farther along than you think. Your thighs are already showing a nice swell! I think it is one of those built-in benefits of being shorter, I think you will really enjoy the summer especially when you complain about the rest of your shirts and pants being a bit too tight. Maybe a year from now, you may have to hire a bodyguard to keep everyone off.
  #56   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2005, 05:06 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
I'd say you are farther along than you think. Your thighs are already showing a nice swell!
Thanks ottomun yeah they are indeed growing. My tape measure has confirmed it :0) I wanna get them up to say 27" at least, then see how it looks and then perhaps go further. Perhaps at least up to the size of my waste would be good... 29/30"

Quote:
I think you will really enjoy the summer especially when you complain about the rest of your shirts and pants being a bit too tight.
We have had a good few days already that look something that resembles summer. I have had two opportunities already to wear my favorite shorts, and have found that I have extreme difficulty pulling the bottom of the short fabric up over my thighs. Not that you would want to obviously, but before I started BB'ing (now 7 months ago), I could do this no problem. And t-shirts are already feeling much tighter... Bring on the growth

Quote:
Maybe a year from now, you may have to hire a bodyguard to keep everyone off.
Hehe, that would be a problem i'd love to have :0) (or at least for a while) I think in a years time from now I really am going to look entirly different. We'll just have to wait and see

Thanks for your comments

Marc
P.S. just for the record, I have a lot of interesting info to share regarding the use of supplements to optimize growth that i have been looking in to and researching. This was inspired by optimusx, so more to come soon.

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; March 27th, 2005 at 05:10 AM.
  #57   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:39 PM
On route to freakdom

Ok, I know I said i was not going to upload any new pics until the end of the third phase, but i thought, well I'd just add one. Although its only been 3 weeks roughly, since the third phase went underway, but I have already grown, not that you may/may not see it, but the measurements tell a very different story let me tell you ;0) Anyway, no stats or info regarding what i'm up to and doing, you'll all have to wait for another 5 weeks! :0) should be worth it though. I should have added on some more size by then, so consider this a mid preview giving a gist of things to come.

And before anyone says it, yes my legs need some sun! i'll deel with this as and when we britts get some. And I'm wearing socks because the floor is cold ;0) hehe

Marc

#58   Add to rp28nct's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Developing Muscle Mammoth

rp28nct
Tease!

Quote:
I should have added on some more size by then, so consider this a mid preview giving a gist of things to come.
Thanks for the preview, Marco! You are certainly progressing at an amazing rate. Your latest photo shows some very clear definition in your abs and obliques. I can count some distinctive bricks piling up at your mid-section. That is quite an impressive showing since your last photos. Shows that you're becoming more muscular, but also getting more defined!

You should be very pleased with your progress thus far, but don't stop! Let's see how massive you can become.

Russ
  #59   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:04 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Lookin'great,there,Love-lumps!

,,,Just a tip:try raising your elbows slightly above horizontal on a double-biceps.DO NOT squeeze your shoulder-blades together.You might try keeping your elbows FOREWARD of your spine about 45 degrees.This won't be right;but you can check in the mirror until you get the right combination of shoulder width/chest uplift & lat spread.Keep pumpin',bull!
  #60   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:56 PM
On route to freakdom

Hey Guys!

Russ - Thanks Man! The growth is certainly showing no signs of stopping (touch wood). Should have a some decent updates for you guys in 5 weeks, with all the usual stats and info. I'm trying to get to 160lbs now. We'll just have to see what happens.

Glam - Thanks for your advice as always. My posing routine, or posing generally has much to be desired. Its difficult when there is no mirror infront of you. Still, I am going to practice and try and get the poses more refined. And yes! as your sub-title states, I do have love handles and fat covering my lower abs, but i'm working on it...

Thanks for your comments guys as always.

Marc

#61   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:22 AM

glammaman2000
The term:"Love-lumps"...

...has absolutely nothing to do with fat.It'a an affectionate nickname I give to guys with muscles.g.
  #62   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 07:16 AM

ethernet_jock
ha! Leave it up to someone as hot and friendly as Markus to find a way to insult himself from a compliment!

Dude... you're looking GREAT! Those biceps in particular look VERY STRONG these days. Shocking really...

A bit frightening even...

Keep it up!!

*drool*
  #63   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 07:36 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...has absolutely nothing to do with fat.It'a an affectionate nickname I give to guys with muscles.g.
Oh right! Sorry, I have not heard that expression before, doh! Mind you, i was not insulted anyway. I know I have some lard to loose.

Quote:
Dude... you're looking GREAT! Those biceps in particular look VERY STRONG these days. Shocking really...
Hehe, Thanks Ether! Yeah i've kinda not paid enough attention to my biceps before now, sure i worked them before, but being a perfectionist, I don't think i was putting enough effort in to them. So phase three is hitting them hard. Actually I think i'm going to start exercising the forearms specifically too, with one of those wrist bar pull up exercises (i think you know what i mean) - Should help build bigger forearms to go along with my new upper arms Ironically, my forearms are now bigger than my upper arms were (unflexed) just before i started taking this whole thing seriously, 7 months ago.

Theres much work to do before I (in my mind) move from jock status (which i think im at now) to body builder status... Should'nt be too long though

Marc

#64   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:01 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Marc, your biceps are doing great, and it's obvious that you are hitting them hard. However (and this might just be the angle the pic was taken at) it looks like your tris aren't keeping up. You can give the tris nearly twice the exercise you give the bis, and they really fill the shirt sleeve!
  #65   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 01:14 PM
On route to freakdom

Thanks for your comments Brent! I think the angle at which i was taking the picture, coupled with my inexperienced/Amateurish poses, might be what is to blame. I think i should take some lessons from Glam (I hear through the grape vine that hes a pro!)... Never-the-less, like you say, I think the triceps are at least twice the size of the biceps (on an average person), thus I am already hitting those with MUCH heavier weights. Yeah, depending on which shirt/t-shirt i wear depends on the surplus space left in the sleeves (naturally). But one things certain, this surplus space is fast decreasing, and some t-shirts have already begun the stretching process in this area!

Thanks again Brent!

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; March 29th, 2005 at 01:16 PM.
  #66   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM

glammaman2000
uhhhh,...

...hardly a pro.I have had some success in amateur contests,though.Should have update fotos soon,if my pics ever get developed.(1hr.fotos have so far taken 3 weeks!)
  #67   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:51 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...hardly a pro.I have had some success in amateur contests,though.Should have update fotos soon,if my pics ever get developed.(1hr.fotos have so far taken 3 weeks!)
It sounds like you know one or two things about the whole thing, not to mention posing. I'll look forward to seeing those pictures Perhaps you oughta go up to the shop assistant and flex those muscles of yours. Perhaps that might speed the process up... Mind you, if they are BB photos, which i'm assuming they are, then I would not of thought they would wanna mess such a person around anyway.

On that note, how about some updates and new pics from our other main contributers... yes I mean you two... don't be shy now... step forward Ether and Brent...

Marc

#68   Add to flexicon1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:21 AM

flexicon1
ch-ch-ch-changes...

looking good, bro. definite progress happening. I'm liking the look of that right calf (your right, my left). I'm not sure if it's just the angle, because it does look significantly larger than the left one, but it makes me think you've got some terrific potential there. Looking VERY forward to the full update, as well as future progress reports.
  #69   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:37 AM
On route to freakdom

Thanks Flex! Actually both calves are the same size, and have the same bulges either side and back. Its quite simply the angle of the shot, and definetly not that i've been working one harder than the other

Glad your looking forward to the updates... I'm looking forward to the updates too, or more rather, the growth in which they will be based on

Thanks again!

Marc
P.S. "ch-ch-ch-changes" is that a song lyric?

#70   Add to Bazorba's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:33 PM

Bazorba
Send a message via AIM to Bazorba Send a message via MSN to Bazorba Send a message via Yahoo to Bazorba
Yes, it is a song lyric, I just can't remember by who
  #71   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 03:13 PM

Quote:
P.S. "ch-ch-ch-changes" is that a song lyric?
Yep, "Changes" by David Bowie. A version by Butterfly Boucher appears in the movie "Shrek 2".
  #72   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:55 PM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
I've missed this thread somehow. I can definitely see the changes in your body from your earlier pics, you've made some excellent progress. If you've done this well so quickly, I'm looking forward to seeing what you look like in another 12 months! You've obviously really thrown yourself into this and you fully deserve the results you are getting.
  #73   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:45 PM
On route to freakdom

Thanks paarke! Well I dunno, I submit a mid phase preview and this is the response i get... It still balfals me how supportive this community is, I really doubt there is anywhere else quite like it.

Yup, its been 8 months (earlier comment about it being 7 months ago was a miss-calculation) and i'm well on target for my earlier yearly calculation of 165lbs~, perhaps more. I'd like to think i could get to 170lbs of muscle by the time this year is out (2005), if not 180lbs, which given that we are now in April (27 mins to go), I don't think is too unrealistic. Then into 2006, I aim to concentrate on getting to 200lbs and beyond. My ultamte goal is currently 200lbs, so once i'm there i will have to set a new goal of hugeness. Though, I don't really wanna think about it too much now. I'll get there first then think about it

Yeah, I guess you could say i have thrown myself into it. Arguably not as much i would like to. I definetly think i could have achieved what i have already and a lot more, given a personnal trainer, working out 5 times a week, twice a day. Having a nutrionist, and no job, no social life, literally living and breathing, living just to get bigger every single day... but how realistic is that... Not very! So I think what i have done up to now is realistic and is working and is making the most of what i can do taking in to consideration money, time, work, and an ample social life.

I too look forward to what i will look like in 12 months time!

"Heres to future growth, in ones self, and each other" * Ching *

Marc

#74   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:56 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
I'll raise a glass to that. *ching*
  #75   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 01:31 AM

Marco,

Very impressive what u have done. Out of interest are you prepared to take gear? I've just never seen anyone of your sort of height get past 190 or so without it.
  #76   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:16 AM
On route to freakdom

Thanks UkBeefy for your comments. At the moment I wish to see how far i can go naturally. Sure i have thought about taking stuff but, like many have said here before, once you start taking them, you'll never be able to find out how far you would have gone without them. And so, since, at least for the moment, there is no sign of my growth platueing (touch wood), I will keep going as i am without them. Even when the natural growth platues, its still not a full gone conclusion that i will start taking them. However, I think i can get to around 200lbs in a responable time frame without them :0) It might be that one never sees people get to that sorta size without them, because they always end up falling into the easy option. (just a thought). Though, i'm sure they exist, just few and far between.

There is so many issues that I have with steriods anyway, like what are the long term health issues... Will I become infertile, go bald more quickier than normal, and all the other connotations that come as a result of using such things. Don't get me wrong, I'm tempted, and now even know where i could get them, but my better judgement (for now at least) does not allow it. I can only assume that using such "stuff" would speed the process up no end, not to mention go beyond that of what i could naturally achieve without them.

Well, for now at least, i'm 100% natural :0)

Thanks,

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; April 1st, 2005 at 08:20 AM.
  #77   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:57 AM

Without wishing to sidetrack your thread my view of steroids and their use has changed completely in the last 2 years.

I must have been very naive in the past to think that the odd huge monster was on juice but all the other nicely built (ie significantly better built than average) people were just dedicated people with good genes, diets and years of training and had never touched the stuff. How wrong I was.

I have made alot of contacts in the muscle/musclebear scene both in the UK and the US and while I do not claim that this is a statistically robust sample or that I know absolutely for definite but it appears as if almost anyone I credit with a good physique or good heavy muscled build who I have met is or has been on juice. It is not the odd person it is most people. When I was at the Lazybear event last July in California I had no idea until starting to chat to people there that the majority of the "built" types there were on stuff.

I am happy to debate this with others but the last year or so has been incredibly illuminating for me regarding juice/gear. I know see that the majority of the bodybuilding sport and industry appears to be built on mass use of gear.
  #78   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:07 PM
On route to freakdom

Well Where i live, I hardly ever see anyone with a huge or well built muscular frame. Without going into too much detail, the gym i use generally has just average people, very young go'ers (my sorta age). And out of say 200 people, there is literally only about 8 well built muscular people that i have ever seen down there (all of which are older by the look of them). Most people are just there for cardio, and those (mainly males) that are down there to build muscle, don't a) use good form, b) don't seem to know what they are doing, just darting from one machine to the other and never seem to go in the weight room, and c) are of the athletic frame (if that), but not really very muscular if you know what i mean. Sure I was in their shoes once, like 8 months ago, but unlike them, i've read alot into everything from nutrion to supps, to how to do exercises in correct form and boost growth through all of above. I am sure, infact, i know that 99.9% (excluding the really big built guys) have not, and are not taking this that seriously, and thats up to them.

Anyway, moving onto "stuff"; because of the nature of the gym that i go to and that of the fact that i'm just starting out, I have never met anyone that has taken stuff. Of course, since being on here I have had a few pm's and conversations with people about them, but this is all very recent. So i guess my gym is not that type of gym, mind you, when i look at the very few really big guys that we do have, i do wonder if they are on something... Mind you, I think that i maybe changing more than i think, people keep stepping to one side to let me past more often now and keep saying sorry, for no reason! I mean, i Know we English folk say sorry a lot, but this is ridiculous! So im thinky the RESPECT image thing must be coming along *chuckle*

Anyway I can understand how the use of steriods is perpetuating. Everyone these days, as we all know, is bombarded with images of huge breasted woman, and huge muscular men. We see them in magazines, movies, tv, posters, on packaging, just about everywhere, and more imortantely, see them time and time again, god knows how many times in one day only re-etching this belief in own brains yet more. So one or two people say start body building and are doing well naturally, then people around them see this, be it friends, family, or even just people in the street. So the image thing perpetuates. So they start working out and building huge muscles. Perhaps one or two of them wanna get ahead of the others or get there faster (sub-continuously) and start using steriods. Then the other guys whom orginally started it see this, and feel HUGE pear pressure, and so it perpetuates. They then start taking steriods to catch up or get even bigger than the others (maybe not continuously, but sub-continuously), and so it perpetuates... Obviously, this is a very simplist explanation of my opinion on whats going on. Of course you also have school coaches and gym teachers facilitating it (not in the uk though, or at least to my knowledge), oh and obviously that of sports professionals doing it, and kids reading and hearing about it, all perpetuates the entire thing. Hell, I wanna get big so bad, that even i feel this pressure.

Well, its just some thoughts...

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; April 1st, 2005 at 12:11 PM.
  #79   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:34 PM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
Without wishing to sidetrack your thread my view of steroids and their use has changed completely in the last 2 years.

I must have been very naive in the past to think that the odd huge monster was on juice but all the other nicely built (ie significantly better built than average) people were just dedicated people with good genes, diets and years of training and had never touched the stuff. How wrong I was.

I have made alot of contacts in the muscle/musclebear scene both in the UK and the US and while I do not claim that this is a statistically robust sample or that I know absolutely for definite but it appears as if almost anyone I credit with a good physique or good heavy muscled build who I have met is or has been on juice. It is not the odd person it is most people. When I was at the Lazybear event last July in California I had no idea until starting to chat to people there that the majority of the "built" types there were on stuff.

I am happy to debate this with others but the last year or so has been incredibly illuminating for me regarding juice/gear. I know see that the majority of the bodybuilding sport and industry appears to be built on mass use of gear.

Unfortunately (and I say unfortunately as a matter of personal opinion, others certainly vary) I am forced to agree completely with you.

The more people I meet who are truly "large" or otherwise significantly larger and/or more well-defined than I am, seem to be on juice. I would attribute at least an 80-85% rate of that select group (larger and/or stronger than me). I'm sure this experience varies greatly by region and social class but that's been my experience too, UKBeefy.

Does that make it ok? Not in my opinion.... but that's my choice.... I actually think it's quite depressing and it turns out to be one of my more major reasons for taking an anti-gym membership approach recently.

I have also known people in a "before" and "after" kind of capacity as it relates to steroids. I never liked what happened to any of them.... which is probably part of the reason why I'm so biased against them. Despite this bias, another part of me continues to wish that I could get away with taking them without the consequences!! Scary.... I can completely understand the lure of it.

ANYhow, another $0.02 of Otter.
  #80   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 05:14 PM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
The more people I meet who are truly "large" or otherwise significantly larger and/or more well-defined than I am, seem to be on juice. I would attribute at least an 80-85% rate of that select group (larger and/or stronger than me). I'm sure this experience varies greatly by region and social class but that's been my experience too, UKBeefy.
What really annoys me about the whole steroid thing is that those dedicated people with good genes, diets and years of training actually still exist, but now they just get accused of using steroids.

It has become such a widespread preception: if you're big, you must be on roids.
For example, amongst all the recent news about the steroid scandal in baseball, someone pointed out the supposedly "amazing" transformation of Jason Giambi. Apparently he had gone from 185 lbs to a muscular 235 lbs (at 6'3", I think) in a "mere" seven years. This was presented as incontrovertable proof that Giambi had been using steroids. Now granted, I guess he did use steroids, but that kind of size gain, particularly for a professional athlete who decided to seriously hit the weights, is not all that remarkable. I've never used steroids, and that size change, over that period of time, is almost exactly what I achieved from my mid-twenties to early thirties.

Not that anyone's going to look at my physique and accuse me of being on 'roids, but I know from personal experience that it's possible to achieve huge size and strength gains simply by taking up weight training and adjusting your diet. Particularly if you're at that age when your body wants to beef up anyway.

If and when I finally achieve my muscle goals, it's going to really piss me off if my reward boils down to accusations of steroid use.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options