The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 3.79 average. Display Modes
  #81   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:11 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteve6ft3
What really annoys me about the whole steroid thing is that those dedicated people with good genes, diets and years of training actually still exist, but now they just get accused of using steroids.
but I know from personal experience that it's possible to achieve huge size and strength gains simply by taking up weight training and adjusting your diet. Particularly if you're at that age when your body wants to beef up anyway.

If and when I finally achieve my muscle goals, it's going to really piss me off if my reward boils down to accusations of steroid use.
I too have recently come to realize that a LOT more people are on steroids then I thought in the past. However it doesn't bug me. When someone asks if I'm on the juice, I take it as a HUGE compliment (in general). I generally thank whoever asked me if I take steroids, and tell them I'd be way bigger if I did.

Personally, I won't even consider steroids as long as I keep growing naturally. I won't say that I'll never take them, but I definitely don't understand the long term affects well enough. I also would never judge anyone negatively for taking gear: I respect everyone's decisions of what to do with their bodies.
  #82   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:29 AM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
I too have recently come to realize that a LOT more people are on steroids then I thought in the past. However it doesn't bug me.
It isn't the fact that a lot of people use steroids that bugs me. That's their choice and it's ok with me.

What bugs me is the knee-jerk assumption by the unfit, non-exercising people that anyone who looks remotely fit must be using steroids. I just find it sad, and a bit disturbing, that so many people are so completely clueless about what a healthy body is capable of (and so taken in by the media hype about steroids) that they automatically attribute any above-average physique to drugs.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #83   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:40 AM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteve6ft3
... I know from personal experience that it's possible to achieve huge size and strength gains simply by taking up weight training and adjusting your diet. Particularly if you're at that age when your body wants to beef up anyway.

If and when I finally achieve my muscle goals, it's going to really piss me off if my reward boils down to accusations of steroid use.
I'd sure like to think that it is possible to get really big naturally with out such aids as steriods. I am currently a strong believer that with the correct diet, genetics and workouts one can achieve, say my current goal of 200lbs. But then again, what do i know. I've only been in the game for 8 months. However, I find it rather depressing to think that the opposite might be true rather than the former, that of not being able to achieve such a goal without such aids. I think that perhaps its true to say that in order to reach 200lbs in a very short period time one would require such aids, rather than you cannot reach 200lbs and more naturally full stop, I think one can, but obviously it wont be as quickly.

As for people making comments about one being on steriods, funnily enough, people have already made such comments to me in the office, but i think they are just joking. Obviously i soon set them straight and explain its just good exercise, diet and supps. However, I can't help but wonder that I no doubt will have a lot more comments like this where people actually mean it. I don't really know how ill take it. Perhaps on the one hand i'll take as a complement and on the other a bit pissed off since they will assume i cheated, thus degrading the work i have put in to making my physique naturally. Anyway, I don't think ill have that problem for a while yet

Marc

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
  #84   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2005, 07:15 AM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Hey Marco,
Sorry I'm so late in coming to this thread - but I just read through the entire thing and have to join the chorus and say that you have made some great progress in a short amount of time. Keep it up!

Also, this thread has provoked some very good discussion and thoughts - but a the risk of breaking this trend I want to add my own .

Like a couple of others here my thoughts on steroids have done an about-face to the point that I'm not sure that I'm against them at all. I can see the point in professional sports where people feel they give some an unfair advantage but I have to wonder what would happen if they were legalized in the U.S. ? Is there any doubt that every amatuer and professional athlete would start taking them? In a country where known and proven carcinogens are legal (tobacco in its various forms) - along with mind altering drugs ("alcohol" - I know, I'm in the minority on this one but anyone who's observed anyone who is drunk can't deny the effects of booze) it seems to me now that banning steroids is pretty much hypocritical. In my relatively new opinion, people have a right to do with their bodies what they want as long as they are of adult age and not bringing harm to others (I don't believe in tattoos or piercing for children and teens let alone other things).

Having said that, I don't think I would personally use steroids myself. I have been pleased with what I have accomplished naturally - though I wouldn't mind being still bigger of course - and certainly think that everyone should go as far as they can without drugs. I'm sure a lot of a person's potential is genetic but I have met a lot of guys who have developed great physiques without drugs - including a couple guys with 18+ inch arms - and a great physique looks a lot bigger than it is.

So, Marco, even if you don't reach your goal weight you will still look huge. Heck you look pretty big now and you've just started. With your proportions and just plain old-fashioned good looks I have no doubt that you will be getting a lot more looks in restaraunts, pubs, on the street, etc. Enjoy the ride!

Okay, I'm done....for now
  #85   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:13 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
I've found almost nobody assume I have taken steroids (which I haven't to date) although a mate of mine did ask pretty casually and I don't think he was implying anything by it. Quite a few people have commented that I definitely look bigger and built - especially people who have only seen me say every year or so.

If I were to take stuff I am in two minds as to how I would react. There is a bit of me that wouldn't mind really being noticeable as someone who has grown alot and quickly. I would at times really enjoy the idea that wherever you go you can't hide being say 30 lbs heavier (eg at my height of 5ft9 being about 230lbs compared to my 200 currently) and have people starting to stare or check u out as ur physique is effectively on show even when covered up. Also inevitably as u get bigger you do get more attention from other guys. Taking your shirt off and showing what you got is all the more worthwhile. I could see if I did grow alot that I may quite enjoy walking around shirtless alot more eg to the park, on the beach etc.

The other side is perhaps more a reaction from good straight friends or work colleagues - I'm a rotten liar and would not be sure what to say if in the space of 3 months put on 30lbs or if I did not see them for a year maybe more if I did 2 cycles. Maybe you just brazen it out and say "well I just been training alot and watching my diet" and try to change the conversation. I'm not bothered about gay friends knowing as most of em are encouraging me into taking stuff. A few seem to want to see me as a "project" to see how big I could get.
  #86   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:47 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notbigenuff
Hey Marco,
Sorry I'm so late in coming to this thread - but I just read through the entire thing and have to join the chorus and say that you have made some great progress in a short amount of time. Keep it up!

Also, this thread has provoked some very good discussion and thoughts - but a the risk of breaking this trend I want to add my own .
Thanks NotBigenuff! Yeah, i was looking at the measurments tonight over time, from when i began to now, and everything has got bigger by inches at surprisingly a consistent rate as months have past. For example, my biceps appear to be growing by about 1.5 inches every 2 months. Thus taking that in to consideration, i should be up to say 16-17" by the end of the year. Well, its only based on current statistics, so it does not take in to account any fluctuations that may occur (none at present), but because all the figures are real, it just fills me with excitment hypothesizing about it. Anyway, ill comment more about this, perhpas some graphs in 4 weeks time in the phase 3 report.

Quote:
...including a couple guys with 18+ inch arms - and a great physique looks a lot bigger than it is.
Moving back onto this current sub-topic; this comment sure is good to hear, I think i'd definetly look freakishly huge with 18" upper arms...

Quote:
So, Marco, even if you don't reach your goal weight you will still look huge. Heck you look pretty big now and you've just started. With your proportions and just plain old-fashioned good looks I have no doubt that you will be getting a lot more looks in restaraunts, pubs, on the street, etc. Enjoy the ride!
Thanks mate for the complements! Its weird, before i started this i didn't think i would be the type of showing my muscle off, but I think i might be getting that way, Hell, I have no problems posting half naked photos on here already, and I already like working out when others are around, knowing that they are looking at me but yet trying to be unnoticed at the same time. I guess muscle just does that to someone. Mind you, i am an extravert.

Thanks for your contributions to the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBeefy
I would at times really enjoy the idea that wherever you go you can't hide being say 30 lbs heavier (eg at my height of 5ft9 being about 230lbs compared to my 200 currently) and have people starting to stare or check u out as ur physique is effectively on show even when covered up.
Wow! you sound huge mate! You should definetly post some pics! and you give me great hope as well as re-confirming that i will be able to make 200lbs and more as you are only a tad taller. Yeah, I think im going to love it when i get more attention, people staring and what not. Its weird, i never used to be like this, but like you say, its not like you can hide it, even with clothes on.

Quote:
A few seem to want to see me as a "project" to see how big I could get.
Yeah, thats happened to me. A lot of people that i have spoken to through this website all want to see me get bigger, which is great, it makes me even more determined to get bigger and work harder to achieve, but I have also had one person (thus far) that wants to take me as a project to see how big i can get. Hehe, we'll just have to see

Thanks guys for just reconfirming that I have every chance to get big and reach my goals and beyond!

Keep growing people!

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; April 2nd, 2005 at 10:51 AM.
  #87   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2005, 04:42 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
I've only had...

...a couple of people accuse me of using steroids.Usually straight guys,if their girlfriends compliment me.As I've said on other threads;I tried 'roids 30-some yrs.ago & didn't like'em.I'm primarily concerned about the mental side-effects.(Your liver is your business)This country is already so violent;the idea of a significant portion of the male population hopped-up on hormones isn't very appealing.As to your training,Marco;you're clearly doing the right thing.Be warned;the bigger you get,the harder it is to get bigger.Drugs or no.
  #88   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:21 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
Wow.... I think you guys really hit on the head of the true issue here.... it isn't necessarily the people themselves who are taking the steroids, is it?

It's the fact that:

1.) Many of them will lie and say that they don't take steroids - thus making "natural" lifters look "bad" in some cases.

2.) Or even more so - the fact that so many uninformed fat lazy suburban men and women will ASSUME that you MUST be on steroids if your arms are larger than 15" simply because they REFUSE to admit that you simply look better for having actually worked harder.... there again the additional misconception that taking steroids means you don't have to work out when in actuality, you have to work out MUCH HARDER.

---

*sigh* That brings me back to my whole "level playing field" concept that I argued a few months ago..... kind of like guns, wouldn't life be easier if they just didn't exist?
  #89   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
1.) Many of them will lie and say that they don't take steroids - thus making "natural" lifters look "bad" in some cases.
kind of like guns, wouldn't life be easier if they just didn't exist?
But they do exist! We just need to accept the fact that it's up to us to accept the fact that anyone we love can be taken out by a stay bullet at any time (thank you "GOP").

I'm in the minority here, but I really don't care if people think I'm on steroids. They will think whatever they want to think, and there's nothing I can do about it. As long as impressionable kids aren't around, I might even tell people that I do take them, just to see a reaction. Normally I'm too honest to lie, and just tell people "I don't take them, but I wonder how big I'd be if I did", or "do you know where I can get some" (only if they don't look like they would.) People that take steroids get their benefit up front: getting bigger faster. I'm betting that my benefit will be towards the end, as I hope to stay health in my golden years. It's a choice we all make, and people shouldn't get angry that others make choices other than what you've picked IMHO.

Sometimes I feel guilty that I really enjoy watching guys on gear blow right up quickly, and yet I don't get any side effects from it. However, the side effects are their choice, so I don't feel much guilt, or for very long...

Last edited by brent; April 4th, 2005 at 03:30 PM.
  #90   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:16 AM

I'm with you Brent. My opinion towards juice has softened hugely as I have seen more and more people around me discussing them openly and some of them taking stuff. I even met a guy who does juice the other week and he is in great shape - especially for his age (57 and has 21in guns and a 54in chest). We had a long chat about life choices and it was really quite interesting how we had both moved along a similar life trajectory - basically from a high powered corporate environment towards a more personal "do what I want to do" set up. He now owns and runs a small bodybuilding gym and can chat about getting big and juice and stuff all day. It is slowly dawning on me that alot of the so called side effects from juice are hugely over stated. I have seen very few side effects if any in any of these close friends of mine - and they all look the way I want to get.
  #91   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:23 AM

Quote:
It is slowly dawning on me that alot of the so called side effects from juice are hugely over stated. I have seen very few side effects if any in any of these close friends of mine - and they all look the way I want to get.
If you want to join your friends, and juice, then please post pics as you swel up! My only word of caution (and remember I know very little) is that I've heard most side affects of steroids take decades to manifest. I'm not sure if that's true or not, so more info on that would be great. However, if you do go on them, please get your liver enzymes checked regularly. I want to see you be big & healthy years from now.
  #92   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:00 AM
On route to freakdom

Yeah I'm not sure ill stay 100% natural myself, as the muscle effects are somewhat tempting. But at least for me at the moment, everything is still growing, all-be-it not as fast as "stuff" would achieve, but growing never-the-less. I think when the time comes whereby I think i wanna proceed down that route (if ever), then i'll check out all the side effects and try to find out how many people have had problems say 10, 20, or more years down the line. Then I guess I go from there... Like Brent, I wanna see how far i can go naturally, as its so much more of a wow factor... but then again is it? At the end of the day, no one knows really for sure whether one has had the stuff or not... And when people look at muscle, do they really care? Marc

#93   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:21 PM

Well the sentiment behind my last post (which perhaps I was not clear about) was that my observations and reference points in terms of lifting friends and built guys I observe have changed significantly in the last 18 months. Now that I know for a fact or can pretty much summise that the vast majoirty are on or have been on juice I can see what the real world situation is. I have had quite alot of proffered advice (including one recent muscle friend who I have known for 6 months who could not believe i was even bothering training without planning to do gear) and all of it has been positive towards juice. Whether this is because as such these people are already on the other side or whether their experiences were so straight forward that they are trying to cut through the crap I don't know. As far as I can tell from the books that I have bought there is a world of difference between what a novice might take and what a serious pro HAS to take (by a factor of 10-20 times).

I am still not sure what I am going to do but my views I feel are getting much more informed by open conversation and advice from people who I can see have done very well on juice.
  #94   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:30 PM

This site seems to have good stories that run the gamut. I wonder how realistic they are.
  #95   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:10 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
Kudos to UKBeefy for raising, in an intelligent way, the role of steriods in training and muscle development in general. Like other posters have indicated, the use of anabolic steriods is so much more widespread than publically acknowledged by individuals and professional sports players. My experience is completely similiar to that of UKBeefy that an super cut or exceptionally well built guy has used some form of anabolics at least at one point. The popular media images are all a product of steriod use in varying degrees with the Men's Health/strengthnet look at the one end and the super-juiced massive bodybuilder at the other extreme. I think it is important to be honest--if you want to be super huge or exceptionally built you are going to juice. Gains with natural training are great at the beginning but quickly begin to fall off and in many cases the only way to override this set point is with a cycle. This post is not meant to advocate steriod use but I think people should be realistic in what can be acheived solely with natural training and good nutrition versus what is achieved when anabolics are utilized.
  #96   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2005, 02:24 PM
On route to freakdom

Phase 3 Complete!

Hi All!

Yes, it is finally that time again, time for me to update you guys on my progress, and what a phase its been! I've been kinda busy lately what with the gym and work & home life (you know how it is...) so that be thy reason I have not been contributing as much as i have done in the past. Although hopefully you'll see that the efforts have been put in to the gym by hitting everything hard! Thanks to all those that sent mail and PM's (hehe, its like I have fan mail! lol) I had not lost sight of the community, just busy.

I'm not going to give a huge detailed report yet, as I have just come back from a stag night and am frankly too tired. But anyway, I thought i'd at least post the pics for now so that you can check out my body and tell me what you think of it. Please just give your honest opinions

The details of the phase and its experiences will be detailed shortly in the next post, as well as a lean mass gain chart and other interesting facts and figures. Once thing I will tell you straight off is that the lean mass gain result is actually the same as my first phase (7.25lbs). In phase 2 I reported a very disapointing 2.64lbs of lean mass gain, and thought that perhaps the phase one result of 7.25lbs was only because I had just started working out and tthus easy beginners gains... Obviously Not! So this is fantastic news and thus my total lean mass gain to date is 17.16lbs in 7 months (01/11/2004 - 08/05/2005). So obviously the changes put into action in phase 3 with regard to exercise and diet etc has worked well.

Ok, must stop typing i'm soooooo tired.

Full comprehensive detailed report due tomorrow evening GMT!!!! Don't miss it! (if your interested in the detail of course )

Marc

#97   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2005, 03:40 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
May I call you MR.Ukmus?

Your body is already starting to show some real maurity!Back&thighs especially.Keep growing!
  #98   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2005, 05:11 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
Excellent progress, dude. You've remained lean thoughout your bulk. That relaxed pic show how great your chest and shoulders are improving. The legs are well defined and growing too. Keep at it, the improvements are showing well.
  #99   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:59 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
You're doing great. The legs are really nice and you seem to be gaining weight and keeping the abs tight. Gonna make the ladies swoon and the guys jealous.
  #100   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2005, 07:03 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA
Gonna make the ladies swoon and the guys jealous.
Well, some guys are already swooning including yours truly.
  #101   Add to flexicon1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2005, 07:52 PM

flexicon1
Phase Three Report...

Marco-

Great balance going on! I'm looking for a place for you to focus extra work on, but it's all coming along great. Nice symmetry. I'm noticing a thickening-up of all major muscle groups and a tighter midsection. I am looking forward to the detailed analysis. Thanks for getting the photos onto the board as a priority. (You know how we hunger for muscle!) I like the map of the world as a background. It gives you a slight super-hero quality, if a little low-budget. And I like how your face is looking lean and handsome. 17 lbs of muscle! Awesome! I know you probably won't experience that accompanying growth you fantacize about, but you are to be praised for the changes you've manifested through will, knowledge, and work.

Dude, you're a bodybuilder!

-flexicon1
  #102   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2005, 09:36 AM
On route to freakdom

Thanks y'all!

Hi y'all!

Wow! Did not think i get this many replies only a few hours after posting! Thanks guys for your VERY encouraging comments as always

Ok, here's the replies to your comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
May I call you MR.Ukmus? ... Your body is already starting to show some real maurity!Back&thighs especially.Keep growing!
Thanks Glam as always mate! You can call me Mr UKmus hehe. Its funny, someone else mentioned this very recently, that of my body looking more manly and developed. Yeah, the back and thighs have done well this phase. Just to give you a little detail; the back has no doubt been forced to grow what with 80kg squats (176lbs) (no belts) and the thighs are much more developed and defined with 200kg (441lbs) floor leg presses completed in 3 sets of 8. Also the calves have grown with 110kg (243lbs) standing calve raises. So, the strength has really gone up! I will comment on this later tonight (hopefully) in the report. Thanks again .

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_mastah
Excellent progress, dude. You've remained lean thoughout your bulk. That relaxed pic show how great your chest and shoulders are improving. The legs are well defined and growing too. Keep at it, the improvements are showing well.
Hi Muscle_mastah! Thanks. Your observation is correct, I have indeed lost fat weight yet at the same time gained muscle weight. This is the reason why my overall weight has not changed much, but obviously is still increasing. I will be sure to keep at it, you can count on it. I thought i'd add a relaxed pic (kindly taken by my body builder mate) for some variety, I mean you guys don't wanna see me flex all the time, right?! With the motivation i get from you guys, I don't think i'll ever stop pumping and with that hopefully growing! Just gotta get to freak status... Thanks buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA
You're doing great. The legs are really nice and you seem to be gaining weight and keeping the abs tight. Gonna make the ladies swoon and the guys jealous.
Hi Jim! Yeah, I want the ladies to really notice me when im walking down the street or whatever i happen to be doing, or perhaps even follow me around, now that would be funny... i'm sure it will happen when i'm really big... give it say 4-5 months and maybe then Don't mind the guys looking at me either lol! Just can't wait until i'm really huge and bulging all over, literally bursting outta clothes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelissokomos
Well, some guys are already swooning including yours truly.
lol! Hey, now i'm not that big........ yet! But give me say another 4-5 months and by my calcs I should be somewhere close to 170 maybe even 180, then i'll be something worth looking at Thanks anyway mate, and whilst i'm at it, thanks for the muscle drawings you did of me, now i just gotta grow into them

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexicon1
Marco-

Great balance going on! I'm looking for a place for you to focus extra work on, but it's all coming along great. Nice symmetry. I'm noticing a thickening-up of all major muscle groups and a tighter midsection.
Thanks for your comments as always Flex! Yeah at the moment I'm just interested in getting the enitre body up to some decent size. Once thats been achieved I may begin to loose the proportions a bit, in other words, start working on a slightly over developed arms say or something else... I have months of work before I get to that stage. Yeah things are thickening up, glad you noticed Pecs and chest is coming along well and the lats are growing outwards well. Yeah, even though this is a bulk up stage I wanna keep the fat down as much as posible and keep those abs visible. Although, even now im not that cut at all.

Quote:
I am looking forward to the detailed analysis. Thanks for getting the photos onto the board as a priority. (You know how we hunger for muscle!) I like the map of the world as a background. It gives you a slight super-hero quality, if a little low-budget.
Detailed report on the way (still writing it). Humm I thought you guys might like some eye candy, not that i'm much to look at...yet Yeah, I could have taken the map poster thing down but could not be bothered, so, yes, low budget I'm not sure about the super hero effect, but hey, glad you liked it

Quote:
And I like how your face is looking lean and handsome. 17 lbs of muscle! Awesome! I know you probably won't experience that accompanying growth you fantacize about, but you are to be praised for the changes you've manifested through will, knowledge, and work.

Dude, you're a bodybuilder!

-flexicon1
Thanks Flex! I do try... hehe 17lbs I guess is ok for 7 ish months, no where near where i wanna be. Like I say, hopefully I'll be nearer 165lbs or so by the end of phase 4 and nearer to hopefully 180 by the end of the year. Next year I will concentrate on getting to 200 and beyond. My enthusiasm to succeed with this dream has not dampened at all, with all the complements and support i have got from you guys and others in real life, I am now more eager to get really huge more than ever. Yeah, like everyone here, I wish there was a way of getting huge in say 30 mins or really soon etc, but on the other hand, I am really enjoying the process even if its really slow. I'm well on target for the yearly 25lbs lean muscle weight average, although I hope to gain more than this in one year obviously. We'll just have to see.

So you recon im a body builder hey hehe, I still think i'm in jock status at the moment, working on it though.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; May 16th, 2005 at 09:44 AM.
  #103   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:25 PM

ethernet_jock
well... sorry I was so late on this one!!

all I can say really that hasn't been said yet is DAMN....

and beyond drooling over a straight guy, that's about it.

You look huge and ripped man, I can't wait to see your next phase!
  #104   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:56 PM
On route to freakdom

Phase 3 :: Facts & figures

Hi all,

I'm going to post this update in stages as it will be easier. Firstly, Ether thanks for your comments man! So you think i look big now ah? and your drooling now, well wait until you see the next phases result I dread to think what you'll be doing then... (only joking)

Ok, in this post im going to start by presenting all the biostat info to date on one chart. See pic below.

Now although i have continously been working out all the way up till now, the phases did not count for that entire time. Some phases had as much as a week or two before starting the next, so the actual duration of the phases is now listed. Whats interesting here is you can now clearly see how the body composition has changed over time. Looking at the chart, you'll notice that as we know, ohase 1 was a great success, and being only 6 weeks in duration a gain of 7.25lbs of lean muscle weight was achieved. Phase 2, was not great with a result of ONLY 2.64lbs. I was trying out new things in that phase, hell i am now, but what i've learnt is that what i've done in phase three has obviously sparked growth in the latest phase. And arguably what more important is that i have achieved the same as the first phase, meaning that its not a case of easy first gains, as i can clearly cause this growth to happen again. When I got the result of the test I was over the moon! I was a bit worried i'd end up with another silly 2.64lbs. Although, obviously I would have prefered to beet my top gain of 7.25lbs though. I'm going to try and do this in phase 4... it will happen try and aim for perhaps a gain of 8 or 9lbs, that would bring me up to the so called average yearly lean muscle weight gain that i hear about everywhere of 25/26lbs... but in 8/9 months rather than a year (when phase 4 ends). Humm, we'll just have to see. Anyway, we do need to put phase 3's gain into perspective, phase 1 was 6 weeks and phase 3 was 8 weeks, so there was a little extra time in order to gain the same weight. Phase 4 is only going to be 6 weeks in duration again. I will detail whats different in phase 4 after i've finished delivering this phases info, iassuming your interested obviously.

Anyway, you can see also that naturally my metabolic rate has increased again due to the more muscle on my frame requiring energy and eating calories. Also note that the water has gone up a fair bit, no doubt this might be due to the creatine, but still, never mind, I'm still making very good gains.

Another important fact is that I have lost fat weight also, but obviously I still have a fair bit to loose to get that really ripped look. But obviously thats of no concern to me right now, i just wanna bulk up seriously then i'll cut down later. Gotta keep my 29.5" waist though. I think its about 28" with the fat gone... again, we'll just have to see when the fat loss phase comes along.

Ok, thats it for this mini post. I will talk about strength gains, experiences, discoveries and other intersting facts all still to come... so stay tuned!

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; May 16th, 2005 at 02:02 PM.
  #105   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2005, 02:14 PM

ethernet_jock
showoff!!!

<-- *jealous*
  #106   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:09 PM
On route to freakdom

Haha, well, anyone can do this, you just need to work hard and follow the science to get the max results. I'm by no means an expert. Thanks anyway Ether i'm flattered

Ok guys, sorry, I did promise an update, but i have just been so busy at the moment. REally working hard for Phase 4 now. Wanna make a HUGE improvement within the next 6 or so weeks. Gotta beat that 7lbs max growth record that i currently have . I am still going to talk about the sciene stuff, for those that wanna try executing the same sorta thing, or maybe just tweak their routines, just got to find the time to do it.

Anyway, was looking through some old pics tonight and thought i'd add a comparison of the transformation to date. I can't believe how thin and scrawny i used to be. Makes me feel quite big now. Although, i have a long way to go before i'll be satisfied. As i have said before, first major target is 180lbs. Then well into next yeah (i guess) I will workon getting up to 200lbs and beyond. It WILL definetly happen. Been going for coming up to 8 months now. Going to start a 5 day routine soon.

Ok well, enjoy the comparision, I will update this thread with the strength gains and what not soon.

Keep Pumping!

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; May 20th, 2005 at 03:17 PM.
  #107   Add to jcnutt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:55 PM

jcnutt has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jcnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jcnutt
Marco,
I have to agree with the previous post..... Showoff!!

Your looking fantastic and are making some amazing progress... thanks for sharing the info and the pics with us...
  #108   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:43 PM

Holy Fuck! Look at those lats and delts! Your lats have grown so much you can see them from the front too. As I've said before, excellent work, bro.
  #109   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
I'm curious...how much time elapsed between these photos (since August 2005 isn't really here yet)? There is definitely an impressive change between pics.
  #110   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:05 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi guys!

jcnutt - Thanks, this is nothing yet. I'm still weak and thin in my eyes. Still got a lot of work to do before I am satisfied. Oh and Don't worry I am going to stop posting pics now as i know i'm in danger of showing off, not that i have that much to show off (yet).

muscle_mastah - Yeah those lats have done very well. Kinda pushing those very hard at the moment as i want that huge upper V shape. currently they pull 170lbs on the wide grip lat pull downs 3 sets of 8. Not much i know, but they have come a long way and are growing well. Thanks mate. Phase 4 should have a lot more to show off

Lucas88 - Ok, those pics on the left-hand side were taken whilst I was on my travels in Fiji (hence the mess and state of the room). Those pics were taken early January 2003. However, I used those pics because i had not changed much at all up to when i started BB'ing, and they had the right positions for the comparison. So these were taken when i was 21 and i did not look that mature, always been a late developer. Lol, i still get fucking ID'ed now at the age of 24. Most people think im still 20/21. Genes hey! doh! I do actually have photos of me when i was even more scrawny back when i was 18/19, but i'll save those for another time. Don't wanna bore you guys to death...

Thanks again guys Working out with a mate in London tomorrow, hes a huge body builder! He's giving me advice and guiding me at the moment. Looking forward to what phase 4 will bring

Ok, before i go, thought i'd leave you with one final set of pics. These are of me in the gym attire, well, sort of. The cargo shorts I don't wear in the gym, I just wear normal sporting shorts but their in the wash so these had to do.

Enjoy!

Marc

#111   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:57 AM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Sometimes clothes can be and advantage (lol)...that last one REALLY shows your back and shoulders well.

AND...excuse the ignorance about the dates...I read 08/05/2005 as August 5th, 2005, not May 8th, 2005...that would be tunnel vision on my part...sorry!
  #112   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas88
Sometimes clothes can be and advantage (lol)...that last one REALLY shows your back and shoulders well.
I totally agree. I'd also add in the arms look a lot bigger there too. Too bad you're not gay, you're going to be turning a lot of guys down.
  #113   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
Hey, marc, i know this sounds cheesy, but its honest... It's inspirational to see someone who works hard and then see the payoff. Just out of curiosity i looked at the first picture on this thread from december to compare with now, and its great. the first thing i noticed was that your arms are very noticably bigger, as is the rest of you... and you look great, seriously man, keep up the good work.

heh, just an idea, im sure it'd be telling if you pulled out the shirt you wore for those pics and then posed in the same manner.
  #114   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:06 AM

ethernet_jock
damn, those "gym attire" pics are FANTASTIC! Particularly that huge lat spread from behind...

You ARE looking quite beefy my friend...

damn..
  #115   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi Guys!

Lucas88 - I do agree, some times showing everything off in one go is just boring, whereas showing muscle off through clothes somehow looks better and is able to leave some parts to the imagination, which is often arguably more exciting. Don't worry about the date issue man. Thanks for your comments

muscle_mastah - Yeah, my arms have indeed bulked up a bit, not enough in my opinion, but still, thats what all these phases are for. Next phase should see them bigger. I'm now so eager to grow its not even funny any more. Starting to workout even harder now. My 200kg leg presses seem to get some glances from people these days. Mind you, gotta start pushing those more now too. As for offers from the same sex, i've had no offers in real life (have on here but its less personal), now obviously i'd have to turn them down anyway, but in away, its still a complement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrix
It's inspirational to see someone who works hard and then see the payoff.
Thanks garrix! I have to start working harder though and eating more if im going to get to the size i want to. As i have said before, I want to get to 200lbs but to be frank, what with everything that muscle gives you, and the fact that i'm so into growing now and working out, I definetly wont stop at 200lb. I'm going to put no limit on it at all and see how much i can stack on. As i have said before, anyone can do this, you just have to want it real bad, stay focused and work hard and above all, stay positive and your muscles will start growing. Having said that, I am trying to use science to help me as much as posible. Since the last phase i have read loads of research paper from various universites which high light the specific attributes of training and supplementation that is required to gain the most of working out. Like everyone, I have to work, therefore i wanna train smart and make the most out of every session.

Quote:
your arms are very noticably bigger, as is the rest of you... and you look great, seriously man, keep up the good work.
Thanks mate! Yep they are coming along... hopefully grow them up to 16-17"'s by the end of the year. About a week ago last saturday, I was at a stag do, and two mates that i had not seen for ages said I was looking buff, which is great! (they've seen nothing yet ) and another two guys at the wedding saturday just gone, said i look buff as well, one of which asked whether i worked out. I was so tempted to say "no", lol "just good genes" or something. I just asked why, he said your looking buff, and have big shoulders. Everyone says this, people at work and friends and family, I guess it must be true. But anyway, not big enough. Gotta keep growing and expending.

Quote:
heh, just an idea, im sure it'd be telling if you pulled out the shirt you wore for those pics and then posed in the same manner.
Humm, well firstly i have to see if my CK t-shirt still fits lol, I'll see what i can do with regard to this request

Thanks again for your comments.

Quote:
damn, those "gym attire" pics are FANTASTIC! Particularly that huge lat spread from behind...

You ARE looking quite beefy my friend...

damn..
Hi Ether, Thanks mate Yeah, thats another thing a lot of people seem to comment about me, my lats... I confess i have been working those hard. Wanna have huge lats.

BTW, Hope everything is going well for you. Although i have not commented directly on some of your latest threads, i have read them. Hope things are getting sorted out in your personal life. No one likes huge amounts of stress, beides, it will interfere with your growth, and we dont wnat that now do we

Thanks again guys!

Marc

#116   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:42 PM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ukmus
Hi Ether, Thanks mate Yeah, thats another thing a lot of people seem to comment about me, my lats... I confess i have been working those hard. Wanna have huge lats.

BTW, Hope everything is going well for you. Although i have not commented directly on some of your latest threads, i have read them. Hope things are getting sorted out in your personal life. No one likes huge amounts of stress, beides, it will interfere with your growth, and we dont wnat that now do we

Marc
Certainly not. My personal life is going well actually thank you! This with only the exception of minor road bumps due to pregnant wife issues. She's great really - just getting towards the end of term and needy/emotional. Nothing I haven't dealt with before. Otherwise I only wish I had the awesome dedication to diet and exercise that YOU have - maybe then I would have some "gym" clothes photos to show off....

I think my biceps are growing.... they feel a bit larger/firmer/fuller than they did only a couple weeks ago.... so if there's good news to share on my own growth, that would probably be it. Here's hoping it's not just my imagination!
  #117   Add to DonnieJvilleNC's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:28 PM
Pop Culture Savant

DonnieJvilleNC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via MSN to DonnieJvilleNC Send a message via Yahoo to DonnieJvilleNC
Wow! Great Transformation!

Marco_ukmus,

Wow, what a great transformation. I'm really impressed. That makes me even more motivated in my transformation. Thanks. I can't wait to see you next pics. Keep up the great job!
Jacksonville, Onslow County, NC, USA
I'm reminded of the immortal last words of Socrates who said, "I Drank What?!"
  #118   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2005, 03:55 PM
On route to freakdom

Ether - Well im glad to hear everything is going well for you .

Quote:
Otherwise I only wish I had the awesome dedication to diet and exercise that YOU have - maybe then I would have some "gym" clothes photos to show off....
Thanks mate and you will! Just keep pumping and you'll be posting so many gym attire pics that flexodus will have to get more hard disk space for the site lol

Quote:
I think my biceps are growing.... they feel a bit larger/firmer/fuller than they did only a couple weeks ago.... so if there's good news to share on my own growth, that would probably be it. Here's hoping it's not just my imagination!
I'm sure its not your imagination. If you need some confirmations, I'm sure you'd get it if you posted some updates

Yeah, I keep feeling my arms and chest and lats, everything feels bigger and firmer than before, so much infact that it just feels almost alien, not my body, just the feelings and sensations. Feels good though. Things are definetly improving. Went to see the new star wars movie last night. A very old friend came over that had not seen me since before i started body building (hes gay btw). He was sitting on the sofa and looking at the TV waiting for me and mates to get ready before heading out. Someone else let him in. Anyway, I walked in the room and said "hi, how are you?" and he turned and looked at me as i stood there, looking at me up and down and across for literally 10 seconds, before saying, "so, how many months work is that then?" witha shocked sorta inquisitive smile on his face. lol, it was so funny seeing his reaction. If only i was even bigger. He knew nothing about my body building until last night when i told him how long i'd been going and how big i intend on getting to. Even going to the cinama was funny. He kept waling behind me and lagged behind making sure he'd get a seat next to me. lol I noticed him glance over lots of times too. Hehe... lol I just love muscle. Anyway, sorry, I have all these little stories to tell, just not much time to share them all. But anyway, I know what you mean by things feeling different, its a great feeling isn't it

Thanks for your comments as always Ether! And be sure to update your profile with your new larger self soon.

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieJvilleNC
Marco_ukmus,

Wow, what a great transformation. I'm really impressed. That makes me even more motivated in my transformation. Thanks. I can't wait to see you next pics. Keep up the great job!
Yeah, it would appear that quite a few of you are finding this thread and my growth motivating to you. I'm very glad that you are finding that to be the case. I must update this thread soon with more of the science parts for those whom are interested to aid your growth through my novice knowledge. Mind you, i'm becoming more experienced and less of a novice all the time Yep, I can't wait to gain more muscle of which those pics will display

Thanks Donnie for your inspiring comments

I hope both of you reach your muscle growth goals... I know i sure will

Marc

#119   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:23 AM

ethernet_jock
*laughing my ass off* at your story marc.... love it. Stories like that ALWAYS kick ass.... got any more to share?

I'll update my profile whenever I decide that I've finally made significant enough change to do so.... it takes me about 6 months to do what you seem to do in 2.
  #120   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:02 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
*laughing my ass off* at your story marc.... love it. Stories like that ALWAYS kick ass.... got any more to share?

I'll update my profile whenever I decide that I've finally made significant enough change to do so.... it takes me about 6 months to do what you seem to do in 2.
Nah, i dont have any decent ones to share, lots of small encounters, but don't wanna bore you guys to death as i'm sure you all have the same type of experiences on a daily basis. Mind you, I was hoovering our front room yesturday and broke the handle of the hoover off... lol Now obviously its down to wear and tear (i guess) and arguably would have broken off regardless of who was using it, but i was in histerics at the time, even my mother found it funny, then she said i'd have to buy a new one... doh! I knew body building would be expensive but if everything starts breaking then what am i going to do lol! Anyway, can't afford to buy a new one so tape will have to do. I'll perhaps get one next week or whenever.

Anyway, with regard to the growth; i'm sure that if you had the time and money free to put into it like i have that you'd too grow very quickly. I'm just very eager to add size and mass at the moment, I'm aiming to be well above 200lbs if not 250lbs by the time i'm 26. Some may see this as possibly over-ambisions, and maybe it is. But i'll aim for that and, if it take sme slightly longer then so be it. One needs to put things in to perspective, unlike you, i don't have a family to support and have very few/basically no commitments, so, i can afford to give my all into growth.

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; May 28th, 2005 at 02:05 AM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options