The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 3.79 average. Display Modes
  #201   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
Yeah, you're right, the 5 plates either side was challenging, although, as demonstrated, my legs can push a hell of a lot more weight than than a mere 200kg.

Thanks for your advice with regard to the US immagration thing. Theres a hell of a lot of information to digest so its going to take me awhile to sort it out.

On a side note, I am soooo glad i did not go into London today what with Gay pride going on, G8 concert in hyde park, wimbledon female finals and some major cricket thing going on the place must be a nightmere to get around.

Marc
P.S. Saw "The war of the Worlds" the other day at the cinama. Thought it was awesome! Fantastic special effects and obviously a good story line by Mr H G Wells. Its a must see for any SciFi fan!

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #202   Add to baldone's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2005, 12:24 PM

baldone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to baldone Send a message via Yahoo to baldone
posting for non-pre members

can you guys please post for us non-pre-member so we can see your progress???
  #203   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2005, 12:29 PM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldone
can you guys please post for us non-pre-member so we can see your progress???
Hi Baldone, I'm not sure what you mean. Everyone, even guests should be able to read this thread as well as the others apart from just one core thread from the main listing on the home page. So i assume your referring to the pictures and that it says you dont have high enough permissons. This is a bandwidth problem. My pics for this thread are now stored on another server. Pic url is http://www.epyontec.com/Marco/. You should be able to match up the pics from the posts with the pics stored on the server.

Thanks,

Marc

#204   Add to flexicon1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2005, 12:59 PM

flexicon1
the monster unleashed...

Wow! A lot has happened since I last checked this thread!

Marc - I am going to respect whatever you decide to do with the needle. It sounds like you've made your choice, and even though it's not something I'd be doing for myself, I've got to say I'm pretty excited to watch you through the changes. (I'd be stoked either way, slow or fast; you've proven to be dedicated to manifesting your physical potential.) I'm glad you've got supporters and I'm impressed with the respect you've shown the others. At the same time, even as you are still learning facts and opinions, you can choose not to do it all the way up to the moment before you stab yourself in the bum!

The new pics are continually awe-inspiring. To be frank, I've been watching this site grow for years and yours has got to be one of the hottest transformations so meticulously logged, and you've only just begun! No disrespect meant to all of those who work-out, make gains, etc. I have not seen anything remotely like this thread, and it's pretty damned exciting.

That most-muscular pose in the shirt is awesome! (Even pre-morph!) You look powerful. And I have to agree with you about the young muscle thing. I'm working on aging with strength and grace. As I age, the kind of guys that attract me age too, but there is still something primal about muscle on younger men that hits pretty deep.

Regarding your move to the USA, I'll go ahead and put in my vote for Kansas City. It's a great town in a lot of ways. Awesome restaurants; beautiful spring and fall, if a little extreme for short bursts in winter and summer; central location. And still a relatively cheap place to live!

If you don't move here, I need to find me my own grower interested in showing off his hard-earned muscle.

Grow, man, grow!
flexicon1
  #205   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2005, 01:14 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
A couple of close friends of mine have both done the move to the US. What both did is spent a considerable amount of time building relationships with their US operations - identifying key executives/office managers and speaking to them, emailing them, finding who knows them/can influence them...really quite a major effort to create the idea that you can do something for them and that they should support the idea of you coming there.

Generally your positive attitude should help alot - my experience as a Brit in a US owned firm is that the Americans are generally more upbeat in a business situation and have less of a self deprecating/cynical view regarding self promotion and advancement. The sort of making contacts and impressing people behaviour which would be seen as a bit direct and gauche here seems to impress over there and a more typically reticent and modest British approach can backfire and be misinterpreted as casual and lacking in confidence.

Now ready for the Americans on here to contradict me!
  #206   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2005, 02:19 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
No debates here

Out here in the western US, if you are not up-beat, and constantly promoting yourself, you simply won't make it. Remember, this is the land of earthquakes, land-slides, wild fires, etc. The west has developed an attitude that we can overcome anything with a good attiutude. SF has a great transit system, but rent is shocking. Las Vegas has great weather, and everyone here is recently from somewhere, but it has sh*t for transit. Portland, and Seatle are great citties, but the weather sucks, and Seatle's transit is under funded. I don't think there is a "perfect place" but if you list your prioritties, we could come up with a few good suspects.
  #207   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2005, 05:39 AM

The upbeatness would get to me. I remember going on a number of in house conferences over there and the general reactions and behaviour of Brits and Americans was hugely different starting off with even basic polite conversations/introductions. I remember sitting in the shuttle van from the airport one time and talking to people and the conversation was something like this:

Me: Hello
American 1 : Hi really great to meet you....my name's (insert Hank, Barbara, Bob etc) and I've just joined the Dallas office from Penn State. I head up the "XYZ" project - its really busy but we're getting some excellent results with client ABC. So where are you from?
Me: London
American 2 : And what are you working on at the moment?
Me: A bit of this and that, you know, the usual run of the mill stuff inflicting endless powerpoint presentations on unfortunate clients etc, find a few interesting things to do along the way to stay human...

etc, etc
  #208   Add to beachmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2005, 08:02 AM

beachmuscle
Send a message via AIM to beachmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to beachmuscle Send a message via Skype™ to beachmuscle
Us ?

marco ,,,

clearly where you are to relocate to in the states would in big part be influenced by where you can have the BEST support for your growth .
  #209   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2005, 08:41 AM
On route to freakdom

Post replies & Piano skill

Hi guys!

Post Responses

flexicon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexicon1
It sounds like you've made your choice, and even though it's not something I'd be doing for myself, I've got to say I'm pretty excited to watch you through the changes. (I'd be stoked either way, slow or fast; you've proven to be dedicated to manifesting your physical potential.)
Yes I have made my choice. And Yes, I am REALLY excited too to see how much muscle and strength I will gain. It's a very exciting time for me! Although, obviously its slightly dangerious too, but hey, I laugh in the face of danger... (most of the time) lol

Quote:
I'm glad you've got supporters and I'm impressed with the respect you've shown the others.
Thanks! I'm a nice guy, and if any one takes the time to post to me on this thread with good or bad things to say, then i will honour them with a reply and will alwyas repsect their opinions.

Quote:
The new pics are continually awe-inspiring.
Thanks Flex! Well, they are ok Not enough muscle if you ask me... But not to worry, I am changing that...

Quote:
To be frank, I've been watching this site grow for years and yours has got to be one of the hottest transformations so meticulously logged, and you've only just begun! No disrespect meant to all of those who work-out, make gains, etc. I have not seen anything remotely like this thread, and it's pretty damned exciting.
Thanks a lot Flex! This means a lot to me. I am trying to share my experience and log it as best i can, and am trying to make it as interesting as possible for the reader/viewer. Like you say, this IS only the beginning of the transformation. As months go past the viewer will see me transform into a bigger muscle man, then a freak, as well as, being able to have an insight into what im thinking and experiencing. So, on that note, i am sooo glad that you find my thread of such interest.

Quote:
That most-muscular pose in the shirt is awesome! (Even pre-morph!) You look powerful.
Thankyou! yeah iwas not to sure about how well they came out. Thought i'd try a different pose and I was so surprised when they turned out to be really rather good. Obviously my arm development has picked up lol. The Morph was great. I aspire to look something like that one day.

Quote:
And I have to agree with you about the young muscle thing. I'm working on aging with strength and grace. As I age, the kind of guys that attract me age too, but there is still something primal about muscle on younger men that hits pretty deep.
Yep! I wanna be massive and young at the same time. I really don't wanna get there by the time im 30 ish. No disrestect meant to anyone. This is just my personal ambition and goal. So I have said by 26 ish. With roids i think its achieveable. We'll soon know...

Quote:
Regarding your move to the USA, I'll go ahead and put in my vote for Kansas City... If you don't move here, I need to find me my own grower interested in showing off his hard-earned muscle.
Flex! that distinctly sounds like a sponsorship offer... So are you offering then?

Thanks as always flex! Your posts are always interesting and an exciting read.

UKBeefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
UKBeefy[/b]]
Generally your positive attitude should help alot - my experience as a Brit in a US owned firm is that the Americans are generally more upbeat in a business situation and have less of a self deprecating/cynical view regarding self promotion and advancement.
Yeah I don't think i'll have too many problems fitting in. I am very positive, hell you've met me, you have a pretty good idea what i am like. I have no problem being upbeat, I am anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
UKBeefy[/b]]
The upbeatness would get to me
It would get to me at all. Actually I am really looking forward to interacting with americans on a daily basis. They seem soooo talkative and positive which is too attributes that are most definetly prominent in me. I think i could talk for britain... lol (well maybe not htat bad). And the conversation example you mentioned is interesting. Like oyu say here, people don't really tend to allaborate and really interact with each other until they know each other a little better. Now, I assume this is obviously the same for americans but to a lesser degree. I think americans are more social in that regard. (obviously this is all relative). So I am really interested in meeting americans and interacting with them. Should have some fun! and some laughs! Of course there is a down side this friendliness, and that is if they ramble on and your in a hurry to get somewhere hehe, but we'll see, it will be a laugh. Infact next year I can report on my american encounters and my new american vocabulary. Already learnt a bit about different types of people, like red necks and chavs lol its going to be so interesting... It will also mean i can reach out and meet a lot of the american "fans" for the first time. I think if i don't do this now, i never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
I don't think there is a "perfect place" but if you list your prioritties, we could come up with a few good suspects.
Well, the list is something like this...

Essential...

1) Must be near to one or more technolical firms so i can get a job (probably a hard one to sort)
2) Must be in a, lets think about this carefully (don't wish to offend) a common area. Must be around middle class e.g. porfessional types, just generally a nice area with friendly people and low crime.
3) Hopefully has good transport links to other major destinations (so that i can do some sight seeing and meet up with people).

Desirables...

1) Must have a close good social / night life. Bars, clubs etc
2) Must be near a sponsor to help push forward my size goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmuscle
clearly where you are to relocate to in the states would in big part be influenced by where you can have the BEST support for your growth
Yes! Bascially, I am coming to america for two main reasons, one to push forward my career and learn the culture of a different land, and secondly to push my body up to a new physical size and even maybe compete. So my choice will most definetely in part be down to where the, as you put it, best support can be received.

Thanks for all you posts and help with the immagration thing guys. I am still wading through it now, think i might go to the careers office tomorrow and see if they can suggest a path forward.

Playing instruments
Ok, now onto something slightly different; You guys may or may not know but i am very into music. I play a few instruments namely the drum kit, the piano and in the past the caribbean steel drums (tennors, double seconds, chello's, guitar and base - for those who know the steel drum jargon). Anyway, over the last few moonths i have noticed that my hands, wrists and forarms are not as quick as they used to be. I recon this is because obviously the muscles are changing they way they work. I have quite big hands anyway, brought on no doubt by playing the piano at an early age. But its kinda like i am fighting to keep playing the piano. Its not a skill i wish to loose. The drums however are ok Humm, perhaps i might be looking for a band to join as well when i'm out there...

Subsribe to the Thread
Ok, if your a member of this site I thought i'd just inform you of one of the standard features that might be of use for you. If you wanna get instant email alerts when a new post has been added to this thread (assuming you wanna track it as it happens), then simply Click thread tools, followed by subscribe to this tread. And you done! Now you'll be personally kept up to date.

Thanks for your posts guys.

Marc

#210   Add to joeylawrencefan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:10 AM

joeylawrencefan is on a distinguished road
Marc,
It's no secret I'm your biggest fan and the person most dedicated to your growth. Fortunately for you and me, Raleigh has all of your essential and desirable elements.
Jay
  #211   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2005, 02:55 PM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
Well, just from what you listed (im trying to be unbiased here, i swear) good technology? low crime? well, San Francisco is a good bet... close to sillicon valley, and pleanty of nightlife there. Its a mild climate, its very pretty in places.. its interesting... seedy in some places, but all cities are.

Also Seattle is pretty good for those things as well. Microsoft et al. and so the technology thing is big there. Also has a mild climate, very similar to england's actually, and its nice city and quite pretty in places. I dont know of the nightlife, though.

I dont know of any other cities that are very technological, i guess, im sure other people can give suggestion, but those are two that seem to satisfy your interests. If i was going for one... i'd go to San Francisco- its different, different kind of place than england, its more american than seattle, whereas seattle tries to be european... haha, but i have heard seattle called "san francisco light"... both very liberal cities. You'd be hard pressed to find a Bush supporter in either place.
  #212   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:05 PM

Personally I would perhaps look at other places other than San Francisco. Yes it is an attractive city but I think the people in the place do tend to make it fairly obvious that they "know" they live in a great place.

Also I never felt it was a particularly young or balanced city - certainly the gay part of town is not half as exciting as I thought it would be....I think the sheer cost of property puts off alot of people in their 20s and instead there are alot of wealthy white 40-50 something types walking around looking pretty happy and relaxed because they can afford to live there. I've been to plenty of other US cities and they feel more balanced in terms of population with more of a student/20 something population.
  #213   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
On route to freakdom

Post replies & New trainer and a new routine

Hi all!

Post Responses

Jay - Thanks for your post as always. Your location has been noted! (currently checking out all locations).

garrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrix
Well, just from what you listed (im trying to be unbiased here, i swear)...
So, by that statement then I guess you implying you live in SF

Quote:
good technology? low crime? well, San Francisco is a good bet... close to sillicon valley, and pleanty of nightlife there. Its a mild climate, its very pretty in places.. its interesting... seedy in some places, but all cities are.
Yeah, SF is one of the major ones on the list, well actually, all the suggestions are thus far. Just need to do a hell of a research.

Quote:
Also Seattle is pretty good for those things as well. Microsoft et al. and so the technology thing is big there. Also has a mild climate, very similar to england's actually, and its nice city and quite pretty in places. I dont know of the nightlife, though.
I'll bear that in mind thanks

Quote:
San Francisco- its different, different kind of place than england, its more american...
I would think thats an under statement

Quote:
You'd be hard pressed to find a Bush supporter in either place.
I can't believe he got back into power, but then i can't believe Mr Blair did either, never mind! Maybe Mr Blair will sort out some demestic issues in his home country more now given he lost a lot of seats...

Thanks for your suggestion Garrix!

UkBeefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UkBeefy
Personally I would perhaps look at other places other than San Francisco. Yes it is an attractive city but I think the people in the place do tend to make it fairly obvious that they "know" they live in a great place.
Well, personally i dont mind people making me aware, as it were, how good their town/city is. To me it shows they love where they live, enjoy it and make the most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UkBeefy
Also I never felt it was a particularly young or balanced city - certainly the gay part of town is not half as exciting as I thought it would be....I think the sheer cost of property puts off alot of people in their 20s and instead there are alot of wealthy white 40-50 something types walking around looking pretty happy and relaxed because they can afford to live there. I've been to plenty of other US cities and they feel more balanced in terms of population with more of a student/20 something population.
This however is a very strong point. I would like to socialize with people my own age as well, obviously. I'm sure its fine. Never been to SF, came close but never there. So far i have been to san diego, Santa Monica in CA, good old Philly and Washington DC. Still yet to do a huge tour, but i think that time is approaching shortly.

As always, Thanks Brian for your comments.

First Day, New Trainer, New Routine
Moving on; Today was my first day with my new trainer. Today we did chest and biceps and Boy! do i feel it! It's the first time i have ever tried super sets and because of the fact that there is no resting between inter-linking sets I quickly got to a painful (at times) fatigue level in the biceps. Because of the very nature of this he has downed the weights i usually use to an, in my opinion, almost perthetic level. Still, when your fatigued, even an extrememly perthetic 10lb dumbell is challenging!!!! He said its all about training your body in a different way, a way in which will hopefully bring better faster results. (obviously he has no idea that the results are going to be very very very good soon ). Anyway, so he poshed me real hard and made sure that I kept the correct form at all times. I knew i had a lot of bad form, so nows the time to put all that right. He is going to start me off with light weights and then up then and up them over the next 12 weeks (the duration of the program). After this period is complete, I believe the program will be tweaked again to re-challenge the muscles yet again, and spark yet further growth. So far I am VERY impressed with the way he has worked me. He only allows me about a minute between sets. I used to spend about an hour in the gym, he said should be able to get out within 45 mins on this program. My pump was awesome! the best i think i have ever had... just goes to show a personal trainer really is worth it. I don't think i have ever been so fatigued! Felt good though! he keeps saying he sees loads of people doing heavy wieghts with BAD FORM, but its all about isolating the muscles and getting the up most isolation possible, regardless of the weight used. Well I will report more on this as it happens. Tomorrow is Shoulders and legs... should be good!

Thanks y'all! (american vocabulary growing already lol)

Marc

#214   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 02:00 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
Personal Trainers are wonderful.
I just wish I could have kept mine on for a while longer.

Looking forward to seeing you grow.

Have you thought about moving to Canada?
  #215   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 02:31 PM

i do not live in san francisco.

Seattle, i know, just as a response to the previous critique, has a good number of young-er people... the technology boom et al.

but thats not where i live either.
  #216   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 03:21 PM

Well Marc my view of San Francisco was really that I thought at times the people were a bit smug. Not everyone by all means but it is one thing to like where you live, another to appear smug. There seemed to be a lack of more ordinary Joe types - every single person seemed to be a conspicuously well paid Silicon valley/venture capital type in an age range from 35-55. I prefer having a group of friends where there is more variety in income, career orientation or age. Certainly other US cities I visited have had more of a student or 20 something crowd and a less dominant "successful yuppie type class".

Good to see you are concentrating on form with the trainer.
  #217   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 09:02 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Have you thought...

...about Boston?It'a a university town,so there's lots of young people.&you'd be close to NY!Chicago is nice.Houston,too!NYC&San Francisco are WILDLY expensive;but please visit.I'm not a fan of L.A.or Cleveland.As regards the trainer;bad form is the curse of the over-eager!You're working your MUSCLES!Not the equipment!I've seen Mr.Universe's pumping up with surprisingly low weights!
  #218   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2005, 10:44 PM

When I was in the Navy, I was stationed in 4 places around the SF-bay area, for over a year and a half. So I think I might know a bit about it. It's a really great city, and although the locals are over-eager to let you know how great it is (and therefore how great they are for being smart enough to live there) show me a west-coast city that's different!
Seattlites are overly fond of there city, which also has a lot to offer. Since it's only a couple hours from Portland, Rob & I did go clubbing there a certain amount (Rob's sister is a DJ in Seattle, so we really got the run-around until 6 AM when we'd all pass-out...) However, Hi-Tech suffers there since M$ buys most of the tallent, and squeezes most others out (although Amazon, Nintendo, Real, and a few others do well there). You can also make a very strong case for Seattle's neighbors of Portland (where I'm from) and Vancouver, BC (which is technically Canadian, not American). Both cities have a lot of tech work, great transit, wonderful neighborhoods, great nightlife, etc. All three (Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver) are beautiful, liberal, have friendly-yet-smug citizens, but suffer from awful weather. The only reason I moved away from Portland was the weather, and the only reason Vancouver wasn't on my list of cities to move to is that it has the same shitty weather.
Las Vegas was my choice, since I dreamed of living in the desert from early childhood. The economy is great, the cost of living is raising quickly, but is still very low for the west, there is a fair tech economy here, but nightlife is geared for tourists, and the transit system sucks. This city is also very conservative to me, I think it's even more conservative than SF, which is strange coming from ?ber-liberal Portland, but I'm getting used to it. However, I can't shake the feeling that this city is a test-case for colonizing Mars...
Chicago was a great city, but I haven't been there since the early 1990's.
Dallas could be another possibility, but I've only been to DFW airport...
Southern California could have everything, and it does seem to be the ultimate in Americana, but it is very insular, and I've never lived there, although it's on my list of places to live before I die.
The only disadvantage to the West, is that the distances are so great between cities, that you have to get a job with a bit of time off, or you have to fly everywhere. Thankfully, airfare up & down the west coast is very cheap.
I hope some of this gives you some perspective of the west. Although I've never been to England, I have lived in New Zealand, and the people there are annoyingly reserved, so I think I might have a perspective to agree with some of UKBeefy's comments. People out west are smug, but I think you have to be out here: it's like a survival thing from the pioneering days. I know I'm just as bad at being smug: I regularly find myself claiming to be better than other Nevadans since I'm from Oregon, I know I drive better than most Nevadans, I'm smarter than Oregonians since I escaped the rain, and I can site hundreds of other examples, but really I am so fucking smart to live in the west...
  #219   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 12:26 AM

Chicago is beautiful! it really is spectacular in places... its where the skyscraper was born, and has a great amount of wonderful late 19th and 20th century architecture (and i love architecture, so great for me). The weather sucks, but i think the people were very friendly. Its unfortunately very rough in places, though.

Boston, also beautiful, very colonial americana, weather sucks, same flaw as chicago... too extreme. its the east coast though, and the culture is different there, i think it was rather smug, actually. But its a nice town, history and interest ( and it is near New York, afterall) .

I would give you warning about LA. Its a beast. Its horribly ugly, and is the center of popular "american culture" yet it has a culture all its own (which i cannot speak kindly of). In fact, I do not have many kind words to offer LA, other than their weather, which is great- and i love palm trees. But it depends on where you are, i guess- depends on how much money you have.

San Diego is a nice. A lot of money, a lot of mexican influence, as its right there on the border, but its got probably the best weather in the country (if you're near the water). It a big city though. One of my cousins lived there for a while and had a technological job around, but i cant speak much about it. She now lives in Sacremento- California's capital.

I personally dislike portland, as its the smaller sister to seattle and vancover, which are both a fair distance away. I went there for family occasions every now and again, and so maybe thats why i have no fondness for the place. Its weather is crappy like seattle, but its smaller and less lively. I find it unactive, whereas seattle seems busy and lively, as does Vancouver.

Vancouver, even though canadian (and therefore maybe easier to travel and stay), is also a good bet. No offence to our canadians, but its essentially the same culture as america... the politics and all are generally more liberal, but i guess i dont know enough about canadian culture, other than superficial (but striking) similarities to america. but again, crappy weather. (nice summers though).

I know a welsh woman who complains bitterly of how difficult it is post-911 to get a visa and just stay in the country. so you may want to keep this in mind.

Philidelphia is supposed to be nice... though i was too young and to briefly there to describe it well.

sorry if this was rambly... and long... but again, i hope it helps.
  #220   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 06:46 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
is it too late for me to voice my opinion on Denver, the greatest city in the the western U.S.? Of course I would be biased considering where I work - but I do really believe that...

I grew up here and I never want to leave. I've visited and spent time in almost all those other cities that have been mentioned so far and I still always want to come home to Denver. I would say my top 5 - if I HAD to move would be in the Seattle, SFO, or Chicago group.... but I would also say that Boston is in my BOTTOM 5. Personal choice and I'm not going to elaborate on it

There's a huge healthy living movement in Colorado and tons of things to do outdoors season-round. It never gets too hot for too long, it never gets too cold for too long, and almost everyone here is cool and laid back compared to some of those other places. The only thing we don't have is the ocean - but IMHO - the mountains more than compensate.

Give it a thought anyway before you decide - I'm not going to waste your time quoting silly CVB & Chamber statistics like "Denver actually has more days of sunshine than Miami" (It does!) or "With so more breweries and pubs than anyone, Denver and Colorado is like the Napa Valley of beer". Well - ok - maybe a couple.

Great universities here too
  #221   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 12:46 PM

Marc I would investigate the Canadian option - you may find visas easier to come by for there. Do not underestimate the effort it takes to get into the US in the current climate.

I would also second Chicago as a very pleasant place to visit - I especially liked the non-british feel to its history - felt more like a place colonised by Northern Euorpeans (which it was) Swedes, Germans, Poles etc. Also the men were right up my street - I spent alot of time noticing how big and beefy they all were....
  #222   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 02:05 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ukmus
Anyway, over the last few moonths i have noticed that my hands, wrists and forarms are not as quick as they used to be. I recon this is because obviously the muscles are changing they way they work. I have quite big hands anyway, brought on no doubt by playing the piano at an early age. But its kinda like i am fighting to keep playing the piano. Its not a skill i wish to loose.
Hmm, that's odd. I've played piano since I was in 5th grade (about 14 years now) and even though I've grown considerably I've not noticed any real change in my playing.. in fact I think I've actually gained more control since I started weight training and I still have the same hand span as I did before lifting. Do you play regularly? On avg. I play around 6-8 hours a week and that seems to keep me fairly loose. Hopefully you won't loose the capacity to play!

Though this does bring up a trend I've noticed. Guys who don't regularly use their hands in quick and controlled movements and who lift heavy tend to get "stiff" hands. I've noticed it more with football players. Their hands are HUGE but if you asked them to perform a delicate motion with their hands it's like asking someone stuff an elephant into a miniture car - just doesn't happen. Then again, I can't remember seeing anyone with surgeon type hands with massive forearms either Guess it is one or the other.

Scott
  #223   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 03:10 PM
On route to freakdom

Hi Guys!

Post Responses

Wow! Goodness me! what a lot of posts to reply to!

CanadianGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGordon
Personal Trainers are wonderful.
Mine is intent on killing me! lol God he pushes me hard! but i know its working and am thankful for it. At the moment hes giving me a free trial, so i have not paid anything yet. He's bloody good though! I can honestly say that i have never worked this hard in the gym or felt pain like this before. His super sets and drop sets are killing me! But, I know this is what i need in order to speed the growth up.

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing you grow.
Don't we all

Quote:
Have you thought about moving to Canada?
Yep, Canada is definetly on the cards. In fact, like UKBeefy said, it might be easier so far as imagration goes. I have never been to Canada but sure would love to. It looks fabulous and very beautiful, not to mention meeting and working with another nationality and learning your culture. Sounds fun! Anyway, I'm open to all suggestions at the moment.

Thanks for your post CG!

garrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
garrix[/b]]
i do not live in san francisco.

Seattle, i know, just as a response to the previous critique, has a good number of young-er people... the technology boom et al.

but thats not where i live either.
Ah ok. Thought it was insinuated, my mistake. Seattle sounds good with regard to the younger age group and pears as well as tech companies.

UKBeefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
UKBeefy[/b]]
There seemed to be a lack of more ordinary Joe types - every single person seemed to be a conspicuously well paid Silicon valley/venture capital type in an age range from 35-55.
Well I don't mind! As long as they are friendly and not like rubbing it in your face for the sake of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
UKBeefy[/b]]
I prefer having a group of friends where there is more variety in income, career orientation or age.
Yeah I agree, diversity is a great thing, it helps give one perspective as well as allowing the opotunity to meet people with lots of different perspectives on live, hence, much more interesting and balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
UKBeefy[/b]]
Certainly other US cities I visited have had more of a student or 20 something crowd and a less dominant "successful yuppie type class".
Hey, I might be aspiring to be in that successful yuppie class...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
UKBeefy[/b]]Good to see you are concentrating on form with the trainer.
Yeah, glad i'm sorting it out pre cycle. Even if i was not going onto stuff, I am glad i am sorting it, already I am feeling the pain more days after, which is how its surposed to be. He is very strict with me, which is exactly what i want.

glammaman2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
glammaman2000[/b]]
...about Boston?It'a a university town,so there's lots of young people.&you'd be close to NY!Chicago is nice.Houston,too!NYC&San Francisco are WILDLY expensive;but please visit.
Thanks for this Glam. Yeah SF does sound to be rather an expensive area, mind you, I live in one now myself, and america is cheaper, but then, obviously if im working there my salary will most likely drop in line with your ecconomy (obviously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
glammaman2000[/b]]
I'm not a fan of L.A.or Cleveland..
Never been to clevelend, but been to L.a. once when passing through to New zealand (about 2 ish years ago). I stayed in L.a. for three days, and yeah, i agree, L.a. is not for me. Yeah its got nice beaches and some nice areas etc, but its weird, as an alien to your country, and L.a. being the first place i had been to in the usa, I was, well frankly disapointed. L.A. was a see of concrete, gray everywhere. And Hollywood street (the main one with the stars on the pavement, whatever thats called) was, well, a dump! news papers flying all over the place, messy surroundings, tramps left right and centre, dirty, bin bags everywhere, dust bins overflowing. Obviously they tidy this place up for the awards but I thought it was kept tidy all the time. Also when i was there, its weird, there was a kinda feeling of like crime and that something could happen at any moment. Guess its in part due to all those horror stories we hear over here what with you guys having access to guns etc. Anyway, thankfully, Philly and Washington DC where, in contrast, frankly normal! which is great. For some reason L.a. feels different, and not really in a good way. Mind you, i'll still stroll up and down muscle beach lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
glammaman2000[/b]]
As regards the trainer;bad form is the curse of the over-eager!You're working your MUSCLES!Not the equipment!I've seen Mr.Universe's pumping up with surprisingly low weights!
Yeah, my trainer works me dame hard! And he is making sure he stamps the bad form out. Hes really good. Had Legs and shoulders today with him and got back and tricpes tomorrow (shit 8 hours away, need to get to bed soon... ) I will post more on todays session and tomorrows, tomorrow.

Thanks for your post glam! As always!

Ok need to get to bed
Right i will reply to the rest of the messages tomorrow. Its taken me ages to get through all the emails and pm's tonight, but thankyou all for your input, views and offers. If i have not replied to you yet, i will do tomorrow.

Thanks All!

Marc

#224   Add to CanadianGordon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 08:10 PM

CanadianGordon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CanadianGordon
I'm sure you'll decide. Meanwhile don't focus upon one or the other.
It's best to have a backup plan.

G.
  #225   Add to loopyrhino2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Gym Mouse

loopyrhino2001
Send a message via Yahoo to loopyrhino2001
Talking

Chicago rulz! That is all.

-Loopy, the lifelong Chicagoan

p.s. Good luck with your decision Marco, moving to a new country is a big thing (duh)! I'm kind of a homebody - the longest I've been outside of the U.S. was when I spent 8 weeks in France doing a study abroad program in college. I really enjoyed it, but by the end I was so ready to come back home!
  #226   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:03 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi All!

First of all; WARNING: LONG POST

If you contriduted to the thread then please see your response below, otherwise skip to ?Yesterday at the gym (Legs and Shoulders)? for training related info.

Post Responses
Right, now to finish off these replies?

Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
It's a really great city, and although the locals are over-eager to let you know how great it is (and therefore how great they are for being smart enough to live there) show me a west-coast city that's different!
I?ll get used to it. After all, I am the one who is different.

Quote:
All three (Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver) are beautiful, liberal, have friendly-yet-smug citizens, but suffer from awful weather. The only reason I moved away from Portland was the weather, and the only reason Vancouver wasn't on my list of cities to move to is that it has the same shitty weather.
Excellent! Very useful.

Quote:
However, I can't shake the feeling that this city is a test-case for colonizing Mars...
Lol! Like that is it?

Quote:
Southern California could have everything, and it does seem to be the ultimate in Americana, but it is very insular?
Yeah I had noticed. Was there for long but can?t say it really appealed to me.

Quote:
I hope some of this gives you some perspective of the west.
Sure does, thanks! :0)

Quote:
Although I've never been to England, I have lived in New Zealand, and the people there are annoyingly reserved, so I think I might have a perspective to agree with some of UKBeefy's comments.
Well the good old kiwi?s are kinda like us (being that the white kiwi?s have English descendents). So, yes, I guess the English can be very reserved. But like any nationality, there is a huge diverse range of people.

Quote:
People out west are smug, but I think you have to be out here: it's like a survival thing from the pioneering days. I know I'm just as bad at being smug: I regularly find myself claiming to be better than other Nevadans since I'm from Oregon, I know I drive better than most Nevadans, I'm smarter than Oregonians since I escaped the rain, and I can site hundreds of other examples, but really I am so fucking smart to live in the west...
HE he. Yeah the English don?t tend to rub things in peoples faces, but obviously. Like I say, we all have a huge diversity in personalities regardless of nationality. I think it?s just something I?ll get used to. Generally here its not the done thing to promote or advertise or even boast about where you live or how well educated you are or anything, unless its in an interview situation, but, if that?s how its done over there, then I?m sure I?ll fit in.

Thanks for your VERY informative post Brent! Cheers!

Garrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrix
Chicago is beautiful! it really is spectacular in places... its where the skyscraper was born, and has a great amount of wonderful late 19th and 20th century architecture (and i love architecture, so great for me). The weather sucks, but i think the people were very friendly.
Sounds great! If nothing else I will add it to the list of places to visit when touring around.

Quote:
Its unfortunately very rough in places, though.
Ah, well I guess all cities have rough areas, just hope its not too rough?

Quote:
Boston, also beautiful, very colonial americana, weather sucks, same flaw as chicago... too extreme. its the east coast though, and the culture is different there, i think it was rather smug, actually. But its a nice town, history and interest ( and it is near New York, afterall) .
Cool, sounds great, thanks for that!

Quote:
I would give you warning about LA. Its a beast. Its horribly ugly, and is the center of popular "american culture" yet it has a culture all its own (which i cannot speak kindly of). In fact, I do not have many kind words to offer LA, other than their weather, which is great- and i love palm trees. But it depends on where you are, i guess- depends on how much money you have.
Yeah, as you will have read from my earlier post, I have been to L.A. and, no disrespect to anyone that either loves L.A. or worse still, lives there, I thought it was, well, a dump! In the middle anyway. Of course there are nice areas, and the beaches and areas near the sea all looked nice, just in the middle looked rubbish.

Quote:
San Diego is a nice. A lot of money, a lot of mexican influence, as its right there on the border, but its got probably the best weather in the country (if you're near the water). It a big city though. One of my cousins lived there for a while and had a technological job around, but i cant speak much about it. She now lives in Sacremento- California's capital.
Yes I have been to San Diego. Seemed a very nice place and like you say, seemed to have quite a Mexican influence.

Quote:
I personally dislike portland, ? I find it unactive, whereas seattle seems busy and lively, as does Vancouver.
Ah right, Nah, it does have to have a night life! :0)

Quote:
I know a welsh woman who complains bitterly of how difficult it is post-911 to get a visa and just stay in the country. so you may want to keep this in mind.
Yeah I am hoping my qualifications and age will put me in good stead, but one never knows. I think it is dame hard to get into the USA these, even just to visit.

Quote:
sorry if this was rambly... and long... but again, i hope it helps.
Don?t apologise! I am very interested to hear your opinions guys. Hell, I have never been to most of these places and therefore have no idea how it fairs on night life, crime, employment etc. So this info is very useful.

Thanks Garrix!

Etherjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherjock
is it too late for me to voice my opinion on Denver, the greatest city in the western U.S.? Of course I would be biased considering where I work - but I do really believe that...
Hehe, yeah I guess you would be! ;0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherjock
There's a huge healthy living movement in Colorado and tons of things to do outdoors season-round. It never gets too hot for too long, it never gets too cold for too long, and almost everyone here is cool and laid back compared to some of those other places. The only thing we don't have is the ocean - but IMHO - the mountains more than compensate.
Sounds great! I?m not a beach bum anyway, might become one, but for the time being at least, the mountains sound fine!

Thanks ether!

UKbeefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKbeefy
Marc I would investigate the Canadian option - you may find visas easier to come by for there. Do not underestimate the effort it takes to get into the US in the current climate.
Yeah, believe me, I can see its not going to be any easy task, but, since when has that stopped me? I will investigate the Canadian option although, so far there are no sponsors in that area, so kinda looking more towards the USA where is a definite array of possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKbeefy
I would also second Chicago as a very pleasant place to visit - I especially liked the non-british feel to its history - felt more like a place colonised by Northern Euorpeans (which it was) Swedes, Germans, Poles etc. Also the men were right up my street - I spent alot of time noticing how big and beefy they all were....
I bet you did ;0) Ok, that?s interesting, thanks :0)

optimusx

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusx
Hmm, that's odd. I've played piano since I was in 5th grade (about 14 years now) and even though I've grown considerably I've not noticed any real change in my playing.. in fact I think I've actually gained more control since I started weight training and I still have the same hand span as I did before lifting. Do you play regularly?
I too started playing at a very early age, and have a large hand span. I play like one or two hours (at most, if that) a week.

Quote:
Though this does bring up a trend I've noticed. Guys who don't regularly use their hands in quick and controlled movements and who lift heavy tend to get "stiff" hands. I've noticed it more with football players. Their hands are HUGE but if you asked them to perform a delicate motion with their hands it's like asking someone stuff an elephant into a miniture car - just doesn't happen. Then again, I can't remember seeing anyone with surgeon type hands with massive forearms either Guess it is one or the other.
Hehe, I guess so. It?s just that my hands seem to be a little less agile now compared with before I started lifting. Guess I just need to keep playing away and hope that the lifting won?t mean I can?t play anymore.

Thanks for your post Scott.

CanadianGordon

Quote:
I'm sure you'll decide. Meanwhile don't focus upon one or the other.
It's best to have a backup plan.

G.
Yeah, I will most definitely have a backup plan. Like you say, at the moment there is so many factors to consider, so im just getting an idea of where is a good place to work and stay from you guys. Which is very appreciated.

loopyrhino2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopyrhino2001
p.s. Good luck with your decision Marco, moving to a new country is a big thing (duh)! I'm kind of a homebody - the longest I've been outside of the U.S. was when I spent 8 weeks in France doing a study abroad program in college. I really enjoyed it, but by the end I was so ready to come back home!
Well, there really is not much for me here. I have no commitments, I am single, I?m 24, and I wanna explore the world and meet different people with different perspectives on live. Of course, if I can grow huge and be sponsored at the same time, all the better! So, its now or never!

Yesterday at the gym (Legs and Shoulders)
Ok yesterday my trainer worked with me on his new program he has designed for me for legs and shoulders. He made me do drop sets! Arghghghghg! Soooo painful! For those who don?t know what they are, drop sets are where you start with say a heavy weight, then do say 16 reps until basically fatigued, then drop the weight, have no rest, and continue for another 16 or so or until you can?t do any more, then drop the weight again and so on, until your lifting basically nothing. I have never felt pain like it. And I?m still feeling it today, so I am well chuffed! Since this will definitely mean the training regime is working and that I should grow faster now, even before the cycle. He?s very strict on keeping me to the correct form, so I like the fact that he really is pushing me hard. So on that note I think I will definitely stick with him for a few weeks at least, until I have perfected the form and can continue the next 2 months on my own. However, I think I could still do with the extra push he gives me. He does not allow me to slack AT ALL. Not that I did before, but before I did used to give myself much longer breaks in between exercises and sets than I arguably should have. So everything is working according to plan!

Side Note
Well, just in case you have not heard (completely off topic), England now has the 2012 bid for the Olympics! Which is Fantastic news! So I?ll definitely will have to be back in the UK by then. I personally enjoy seeing the opening and closing ceremonies? (I?m a party animal at heart!)

Coming up on the BB Progress Log
Tomorrow I am working with my mate MSc study mate who I went drinking with last week. He wants to start lifting and gaining muscle, but, not as much as I wan, just a bit buff. Anyway, it will be the first time he has seen me in my gym gear, not to mention changing in the locker room, so, I recon there might be some interesting stories to report tomorrow evening?
Friday ? Ok, its back and tries. Another painful workout to, no doubt, report ? it will be super sets again.

Right sorry for the lonnnng post all, but I?m glad I?m back up to date now!
And thanks for all the messages,

Marc

#227   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Hmm, that's odd. I've played piano since I was in 5th grade (about 14 years now) and even though I've grown considerably I've not noticed any real change in my playing.. in fact I think I've actually gained more control since I started weight training and I still have the same hand span as I did before lifting. Do you play regularly? On avg. I play around 6-8 hours a week and that seems to keep me fairly loose. Hopefully you won't loose the capacity to play!

Scott

Yeah, i wonder if it has something to do with the tendons and them tightening up or something, getting stiff. I am also a pianist, and although i am not nearly as big as you, or marco,havent been training as long either, and i havent noticed any difference in my playing either. I play every day though, so it may prevent me from getting stiff, or something.

Man, the inner dork in me wants to have a convo on piano playing... but on topic, gotta stay on topic.... haha. hm... one could always ask a doctor on the subject.
  #228   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I personally dislike portland, as its the smaller sister to seattle and vancover, which are both a fair distance away. I went there for family occasions every now and again, and so maybe thats why i have no fondness for the place. Its weather is crappy like seattle, but its smaller and less lively. I find it unactive, whereas seattle seems busy and lively, as does Vancouver.
That's about the first time I've heard Seattle referred to as lively. Downtown Seattle is a large collection of office buildings, and little else. Come 5 PM, downtown Seattle tends to shut down for the night, and you have to drive to parties, or out of the way clubs. It helps to know a lot of locals, but there is a LOT of driving involved since Seattle still doesn't have a comprehensive transit plan. Being in conservative Washington state doesn't help either since there is simply no money to fix the fact that many people in Seattle spend over 4 hours a day commuting. Also, without strong zoning, there are few good neighborhoods in Seattle. You even have to drive to get around Capitol Hill. With everything so spread out, and little foot traffic, it's no wonder that many retailers, like Sack's choose to locate in Portland decades before Seattle.

On the other hand, the Western Washington State Fair is not to be missed (although I wonder if the other half of the state has anything...)
  #229   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:44 PM

glammaman2000
misc.

"Hands stiffening up".Stretch'em&keep playing!At one time;the gym I managed shared space with a karate school.The sensei started lifting weights,for extra strength&PADDING!At first,he said the training was throwing him off.I told him,"you have to learn to control the new strength!"Ultimately,he agreed with me."I'm a party animal at heart".Did you see the post about laying off booze during a cycle?
  #230   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:52 PM

Quote:
That's about the first time I've heard Seattle referred to as lively. Downtown Seattle is a large collection of office buildings, and little else. Come 5 PM, downtown Seattle tends to shut down for the night, and you have to drive to parties, or out of the way clubs. It helps to know a lot of locals, but there is a LOT of driving involved since Seattle still doesn't have a comprehensive transit plan. Being in conservative Washington state doesn't help either since there is simply no money to fix the fact that many people in Seattle spend over 4 hours a day commuting. Also, without strong zoning, there are few good neighborhoods in Seattle. You even have to drive to get around Capitol Hill. With everything so spread out, and little foot traffic, it's no wonder that many retailers, like Sack's choose to locate in Portland decades before Seattle.

On the other hand, the Western Washington State Fair is not to be missed (although I wonder if the other half of the state has anything...)
Well, from the time i spent in seattle the central area, pike place and the shopping zone, as well as seattle center were much more lively than the shopping center in portland. genuine Bustling, in fact. Beltown was an area which i noticed quite a bit of activity at night, but it could have been the night.

On the otherhand, i know quite well that washington is (overall) a liberal state, at least no more conservative than oregon. Eastern Washington, much like parts of eastern oregon, dont have much going for them, and are generally rural and conservative. true.

Traffic does SUCK in seattle, this i also experienced. but all major cities this is the problem, and it is better than washington DC or San Francisco.
  #231   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:28 AM

Pyke St.

I'm sure Pike St. was bustling, it's a tourist trap were people go to watch young, hot guys toss fish around. However, it's about as representative of Seattle as Fisherman's Wharf is of San Francisco. Also, Washington might be liberal compared to Idaho, or somewhere, but it's always been much more conservative than Oregon. That fact makes the people living in the Portland metro area that are conservative move across the river to Washington so they don't have to pay Oregon's taxes, which causes Portland to be a bastion of liberalism (it's a bit of a circle). As for the Eastern halves of both states, well I've never seen them, nor would I want to...
  #232   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 06:55 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
on the hand stiffening issue... My typing doesn't seem to have suffered at all from getting bigger but I was born with naturally dainty long fingers for a man my size... (ring size only 9)

Sooo.... maybe it's a bit genetic? Or maybe the stretching idea is a good one? I CONSTANTLY catch myself stretching my hand out when it hurts after a workout and/or after a whole day of typing hard.
  #233   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:18 PM

I think it's important to keep using your fingers a lot to keep them nimble. Use it or loose it sort of thing...
  #234   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:52 PM
On route to freakdom

News, Post Responses, and more!

Hi guys...

London Gets Bombed
Firstly, I am ok. Thanks for all the messages guys. And I text Brian (UKBeefy) he's completely fine as well.

Obviously, for the british people, yesturday was a fantastic day with news of the Olympic bid... Today, the day of the G8 summit, the UK is hit by terrorists attacks! Its nothing short of Horrific! Thankfully, I was nowhere near London today, but I am still yet to get a response from my body building mate/sponsor in London. I hope that he is ok! I use the tube system about 2-3 times a week, and go through some of the tube stations that had explosions. I have been glued to the TV practically the whole day, its really shocking! Ok, its not exactly september 11th, but, its still very very horrific. Thankfully, the number of fatalities are very low, but the casualties are somewhere around 700 (so far). I thought Tony Blair's speach was rather good, he seemed, obviously, like us all, very affected by the attacks. Ah well. We must move on... life does go on and this attitude to quickly put this all behind us and move on as if nothing happened will piss the terrorists off... They will not ever win...

Ok, enough of that. We've just moved on!

Post Responses

Quote:
Man, the inner dork in me wants to have a convo on piano playing... but on topic, gotta stay on topic.... haha. hm... one could always ask a doctor on the subject.
Hehe, what about, Every Green Bus Drives Fast! and FACE ;0)

Quote:
but there is a LOT of driving involved since Seattle still doesn't have a comprehensive transit plan
Well, I think i will just get my own second/third hand car. The only thing that kinda puts me off driving is if something happens, because you guys are obsessed with suing each other, well, at least from what i see watching judge judy and some of the silliest most perthetic claims ever. Mind you, the UK seems to be adopting this new concept too... its a shame! Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine. I'll just get a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
"I'm a party animal at heart".Did you see the post about laying off booze during a cycle?
Fear not! when it comes to alchole, i'm a weakling. One pint and i'm already tipsy lol Mind you, the stag do i went to not so long ago i had like 9 pints plus shots etc... so i guess my system can take it... but I dont like to drink a lot and probably drink about once a month. I'll try not to drink at all during the cycle.... its 2 and a half months though... But i'll manage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherJock
Sooo.... maybe it's a bit genetic? Or maybe the stretching idea is a good one?
Who knows... I play the piano and drums quite often, but not as much as Scott (6-7 hous a week), I played the other day actually and they seemed ok, but i have definetly noticed a change in how they perform.

Quote:
I think it's important to keep using your fingers a lot to keep them
nimble. Use it or loose it sort of thing
Well I wank almost everyday... lol sorry, that was rather sick...

Todays Office Picnic
Ok, although this has been a tragic day, our planned office picnic went ahead as usual. Now, a picnic usually means out side, but, as usual our typical summer weather was, well, frankly crap! So, we decided to action plan B and have it in our large meeting room. Anyway, to get to the point, everyone where i work knows that i am into body building, but some of our colleauges who work over at another sister part of the company had come over. I have worked with them a some months ago. Anyway, I was do the usual office party thing, grabing food and then miggling with the rest of the people, ideally swapping from one to the other. Anyway, I finally come into this group of girls. Did not say anything as a conversation was already in play. Suddenly, as i stand there stuffing stewberries and cream into my mouth, one of the girls... Sarah (one of the managers, late twenties/early thrities, slim and good looking) said "So, Marc, do you workout?", as she looked me up and down. By which time obviously the full attention was on me with all five of the gilrs looking at me, up and down... lol was so funny. One of the girls said, "is that your chat up line Sarah?" lol, so i replied "Yeah, you could say that...". So i said, "so, Sarah,... do you come here often?" (carrying on the silly chat up lines... was sooo so funny. Anyway, one of the girls interrupted our banter and said, makes into body building. Sarah, whom obviously had not seen me for awhile, said how mig and musclly i was looking. I was not even wearing a t-shirt, just my usual office outfit of shirt and trousers (usa translation = pants). Then one of the girls starts telling her about how much i eat in the office and the fact that i'm always eating and my ultra high metabolic rate, of which they all seemed jealious about, lol. Sarah went on to say "your shoulders and muscles are going to be like out to here soon..." hehe. She asked if i was thinking of competing, I said that i think i might do that. Ok, now for the really interesting part.... as we started packing things away and Sarah was leaving, as i past here to go out the door, she grabbed my shoulders and delts and squeezed and said "your really musically, with which my boss said standing behind, "he like the incredible hulk" lol (hardly) mind you a great load of complements all the same. I do love these experiences... I think i thrive on them... and i know they are only going to get more intense as i grow... MUSCLE IS GREAT! It's like a drug... and i am sure addicted... Ah well, thats the first time my boss has ever said something directly complementary about me body building. very interesting...

Gym Related
Ok, today i was surposed to be training my MSc study mate, but he went out drinking last night and did not attend. He did phone to tell me, so thats something. Not sure hes that serious about lifting at all... maybe it was just a passing thought for him. Anyway, he says he'll start next week... we'll see. I'm just intrigued to know what he'll say about my body... hehe

Coming up...
Right, tomorrow, is my first back and tricep session from the new regieme with my new personal trainer... so im sure there will be lots of pain to report tomorrow...

New Media to look at
Furthermore, I've updated the media server site with a few new pics and now some movie clips (my new thing). Did one of me flexing my bicep, I think it turned out ok... check it out here... http://www.epyontec.com/Marco/Movie_Clips/MOV00085.MPG

It's not big i know, but they will be ;0)

Thanks guys!

Take care,

Marc

#235   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 02:04 PM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you're safe and sound Marc! The one thing I do find odd is that news coverage of the London attack was fairly minimal over here. Granted, CNN/Fox News were covering it sporadically (intertwined with reports on the hurricane and other US news), but the local stations (ABC,FOX, NBC, CBS) didn't really seem to even acknowledge it. It will probably make their 6'oclock news, but since it didn't happen state side it seems of little to no importance. Even the Madrid train bombing received more attention than the attack on London. I guess people were just upset that NY didn't win the Olympic bid. Anywho, hopefully your sponsor in London is doing alright.

Scott
  #236   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 04:34 PM

glammaman2000
No matter what,Marc...

YOU ARE GOING TO BE HUGE!Anybody who wants it that bad&is having so much FUN with it has to succeed!Film is GREAT!!!(product placement&everything!)Very sorry about the attack.NY understands.
  #237   Add to flexicon1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 06:46 PM

flexicon1
marcomedia... yes!

Re: the bombs... It was on NPR (National Public Radio) all morning, and we had CNN on all day at work, and it was definitely the focus of things. A co-worker mentioned that most news stations reporting it were vague and not informative. In comparison, NPR was clear, concise, and full of up-to-the-minute info. We guessed that's why the White House wants to pull their funding.

Re: the training. Man, I love hearing the drills your trainer is putting you through. (Could you define "well-chuffed" please? I've heard it, and in context, I'd guess it was "annoyed", or something like that?) I've just got to say, unless those 'roids have an expiration date, might be a good idea to see what the new techniques provide on their own, and wait for a sticking point to start them. 2 pence

Also: nice stories about getting attention at work. At the moment, I'm training this 19 year old kid at my job, and he's kind of a jock (baseball, soccer, lifting). He does a lot of stretching that makes his biceps *pop*. Very nice shape on this kid. Super lean, I caught him pinching the skin on his biceps at one point: paper thin. Don't worry, I'm keeping my cool and just enjoying the show

Re: the clip... what's all that crackling noise, bro? Is that your arm? Love the thick curve of your forearm when you turn your fist out. Good balance on the bi and tri. Thanks for showing off!

Be well, Marco!
-flexicon1
  #238   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
Marc,

Glad to hear you're safe and well. Having survived 9/11 here in NYC, a lot of residual emotion came up today. Be strong buddy, don't let the assholes intimidate you.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #239   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2005, 05:38 AM
On route to freakdom

Hi Guys!

Post Responses
Quote:
Glad to hear you're safe and sound Marc!
Thanks for caring :0) I'm fine.

Quote:
The one thing I do find odd is that news coverage of the London attack was fairly minimal over here. Granted, CNN/Fox News were covering it sporadically (intertwined with reports on the hurricane and other US news), but the local stations (ABC,FOX, NBC, CBS) didn't really seem to even acknowledge it. It will probably make their 6'oclock news, but since it didn't happen state side it seems of little to no importance. Even the Madrid train bombing received more attention than the attack on London.
Well i guess it depends on which state your in. I have heard that it was covered practically none stop along side the hurrican situation over there all day. I do hope that hurrican is not causing too much damage and loss of life. As i recall, its somewhere below florida currently and is thinking about moving inland. I hope it does not.

Quote:
I guess people were just upset that NY didn't win the Olympic bid. Anywho, hopefully your sponsor in London is doing alright.
Well, someone had to win it. If you got it we would have been upset and jealious. But maybe you guys will get the next one. Mind you it gives you guys a good excuse to come over to our corner of the world, and see London, and mingle and interact with us face to face. I do hope our ecconomy does not suffer too much as a result of this attack. Like with 9/11, I think although there was a slump, people did keep coming to the usa, and obviously I hope the same is true for the uk. Things should carry on as normal.

Yep, I spoke with my sponsor last night. Thankfully he is fine. The problem was that the phone networks were over-loaded and hence I was unable to get through for hours. Anyway, he's fine, a little shocked and depressed by it, like we all are, but we'll be fine. Life goes on.

Quote:
YOU ARE GOING TO BE HUGE!Anybody who wants it that bad&is having so much FUN with it has to succeed!.
lol! Thanks for this very motivating and encouraging post! Your right though, I do want it badly, and i WILL get it! I am indeed having a great time with all aspects of muscle growth and what it brings. I think i am almost a completely different person to when i started, in a good way that is obviously. I love all aspects of it, more muscle and growing, training, the comments and attention i get from people, worship, everything! its really great! its like a drug, the more muscle i get, the more i want! Obviously the training recently has been the toughest most painful workouts i have ever done, so this should mean a faster growing reaction even without stuff.

Quote:
Film is GREAT!!!(product placement&everything!)
Thanks man! It's my latest thing! Obviously you've all seen pics, but now i think i will start posting more in the way of movie clips. Muscle always looks better, fuller in motion i think!

Quote:
Very sorry about the attack.NY understands
Yeah, I have watched some of your news reports from your CBS news website. I like to see how other countries report major events, and see how well they cover them. I thought the reports were very good and heard that the people of NC really identified with what has happened over here. After all, lets face, our two countries are so connected on so many different levels, we lost hundreds of people in the 9/11 attack, and lots of americans, canadians, kiwi's, australians and people from all over the world work and live in london. Its kinda VERY comforting to find that the american people are so there for us right now, and fully appreciate the emotional impact of this tagic event, just as we were there for you guys when you guys were going through it, through, 9/11 was obviously a more dramatic odeal. But like one american reported said, this will only strengthen and unite us more than ever, you, our closest friends and alies.

Thanks for your input as always Glam!

Quote:
Re: the training. Man, I love hearing the drills your trainer is putting you through.
Yeah, he is VERY good, well worth the cash! I have NEVER had pumps so good as i have recently, Never felt my muscles soo much after isolating it on exercises, never felt so fatigued and sweaty! Never felt this much pain before! and the next day, and the next! So, this is definetly working! I love the feeling and llook of my muscles after a workout (dont we all). Will try an take some pics of me pumped soon. All the ones so far are of me cold.

Quote:
(Could you define "well-chuffed" please? I've heard it, and in context, I'd guess it was "annoyed", or something like that?)
Chuffed, another one of our English kinda slang words. Means "really happy with" or "pleased with".

Quote:
I've just got to say, unless those 'roids have an expiration date, might be a good idea to see what the new techniques provide on their own, and wait for a sticking point to start them. 2 pence
I hear you, and i now know that the bistat test in about 2-3 weeks time will definetly be very pleasing, since with this much pain, I don't think my muscles have any choice but to grow, but I will continue as planned. The stuff does not expire any time soon, so it could be postponed, but my sponsor is eager to get me on them and I am eager to be on them too to speed this up even more.

Quote:
Also: nice stories about getting attention at work.
Yeah, I do filter a lot of the stories through to here. I dont report everything just the most poignant experiences and events. Comments and attention are made on almost a daily basis. They kinda come in drips and drabs though. Somtimes theres nothing, and then sometimes theres loads of comments all at the same time. So, anyway, I report the best ones here.

Quote:
At the moment, I'm training this 19 year old kid at my job, and he's kind of a jock (baseball, soccer, lifting). He does a lot of stretching that makes his biceps *pop*. Very nice shape on this kid. Super lean, I caught him pinching the skin on his biceps at one point: paper thin. Don't worry, I'm keeping my cool and just enjoying the show
Sounds like your enjoying training this kid in more ways than one Make sure it does not effect your work though lol

Quote:
Re: the clip... what's all that crackling noise, bro? Is that your arm? Love the thick curve of your forearm when you turn your fist out. Good balance on the bi and tri. Thanks for showing off!
Glad you like my arm... this is cold by the way, i am going to try and take some next week in the gym of my arms and the rest of me, pumped! Should be good! The noise is from the camara, not my arm The mic is embedded in the camara itself, so since i was holding the camara with me other arm, its very sensative to any movements. I'll try and take some better ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkmuscle
Glad to hear you're safe and well. Having survived 9/11 here in NYC, a lot of residual emotion came up today. Be strong buddy, don't let the assholes intimidate you.
Thanks Hulk! yeah I heard a lot of NY'ers were effected by this as a lot of bad memories were brought back to life and back into mind. We will be strong, you can count on that. Today most of the underground system is back online and London seems to have moved on already and getting on with life as if nothing much happened. Its the ONLY way. Like i said in the thread titled "London", they can bomb us, cause caos, and even break our hearts, but they will never break our spirit.

Thanks guys for all your posts, and for all the PM's you have sent me over the last few days.

Take care!

Marc

#240   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:26 AM
On route to freakdom

Mini update

Hi Guys!

Firstly, thanks for all the IM's and emails guys. If you have not got a reply yet, you'll get one shortly. Today I am back in my home town from visiting my sponsor in central london on Friday. It was kinda interesting, my home town train station has about 10 platforms (quite a big stop), and there was definetly an increase in security presence. There was 2 - 3 police officers per platform, walking up and down. Ironically as i left the station bound for London Waterloo, I noticed that there was not as much/any coppers on the platforms at the rest of the stations. Even Waterloo station did not appear to have a great security presence. Perhaps my home town (a city really, been trying to get cityship for years) had a lot of surpless coppers. Ironically, when i was going down the main exculators down onto the underground, some lady at the bottom in a high vis jacket with a camara took a picture of me lol, do i really look that suspect! Mind you, i did have a large bag on my back and do tend to move very quickly. I should have stopped and posed for her lol but i was in a hurry. Down on the underground system, there was no visable damage through the stations that i saw. I Passed through King's cross station where allegidly 20 bodies are still yet to be removed. Needless to say, they kept the doors closed at this station. Yesturday, I went to st Paul's cathedral and the tate modern gallery, both of which i had not seen before. I was VERY plessed to see so many people out and about, lots and lots of americans everywhere. There certainly was a heavy police presence in london. And like american musems, now the british ones apear to be charking all those with bags on entrance. I hear that in america, you have stepped up your security around your transport system too. Anyway, apart from the false alarm last night in Birmingham (evacuated 20,000 people in fear of another bomb blast) , things are back to normal (ish) in the UK.

Friday at the Gym (Back & Triceps)
Well, friday was yet another interestly, and as suspected, painful workout. I really felt the lats and triceps the entire day. The whole of yesturday was painful but less painful. Even as i write this now, I can still feel my back crying out. Every muscle i think has been worked to death, traps feel painful as well. But like i have said before, I have never felt pain like this. My trainer pushes me soooo hard, hes quite relentless, but i know thats what i need, so just do exactly what he says. So thats it, first week is over of the new exercise and diet regieme. I have actually gained a coupl of pounds so I am hoping thats muscle not fat, but we shall find out in 2-3 weeks time when the next biostat test is due. I know now that this new regieme is going to speed things up no end. Its quite ironic though, since basically I am using very light weights. BUT, he wants me to use light weights until my forma nd technique is 100% (should be another week or so). It's funny, he is so strict on the technique. He said he sees loads of people lifting heavy weights all the time, but unless their technique and form is 100%, they won't get the most out of it and hence involving other muscle groups and not isolating teh muscles effectivly. I will comment on the form of each of the exercises shortly for those whom are interested. Using a lighter weight with the correct form can be MUCH more effective, and thus promoting more muscle growth, then lifting heavy weights with, lets face it, crap form. Like i say, I have NEVER felt so much pain during an exercise session, Never felt so fatigued, NEVER had such a good pump, so I definetly am sure i'll grow faster on this new regieme even without stuff. My trainer seems to think i'll grow much faster now... little does he know by how much lol

Right, well, that just about wraps this mini update up.

Coming up...
Ok, apparently, my MSc study mate (the 33yo guy) does wish to start lifting this week, so i'll report on how that training session goes. Tomorrow, its back to biceps and chest (I think). It's weird actually, at 10% body fat, and being that i am very vascular, you would of thought i'd have those veins showing down the middle of the biceps, I have then everywhere else (forearms, shoulders etc), ah well, I'm sure they'll come. Anyway, i'll report on how that goes...

Take care all,

Marc

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options