The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
  #641   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:22 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
I work construction and one of the benefits of it is I get a workout while working. Over time the strength gains I have made have made it so much easier to do my job. I'm by far the strongest one on our crew so am often being asked to help out when strength is required.

The other day a new guy bumped into a manhole cover we left laying on the side of the road causing it to roll down the bank into a creek. These covers are heavy and weigh 150 pounds a piece. I heard him tell the foreman who says, go tell Mike (that's me) he'll get it for you. So this guy comes over to tell me what he had done. I said OK, went down into the creek picked up the cover and carried it up the hill. As I got to the top the new guy reached out and grabbed the cover. I said careful these are heavy. He says, I may not have arms like yours, but I'm strong. So I let go and watched as he realized he didn't have the strength to hold on, lost his grip on it and dropped it to the ground. The guys were laughing so hard I thought they were going to pass out. The new guy says, my god just how strong are you anyway? One of the guys yells, at least twice as strong as you kid....

It was a great feeling.

Last edited by stronguns; December 7th, 2011 at 06:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
bicepquest66 (September 21st, 2013)
  #642   Add to rockhard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM

rockhard is on a distinguished road
Looks like you know what you're doing

Yesterday I was doing legs. My legs aren't huge but decent sized. But my butt is a really big bubble butt and massively muscular. Squats have always been pretty easy for me and I always feel pretty strong doing them. Back to yesterday's workout. While I'm doing squats some guy comes over and asks me to spot him while he squats because "it looks like you know what you're doing". Not necessarily the biggest compliment but it did make my day.
  #643   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2011, 05:50 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Nice recaps, rockhard and stronguns. I had a quickie cool experience yesterday.

I was at (yet another) meeting for my company with a couple dozen co-workers. The first day of our meetings, I wore a tightish, long-sleeved polo shirt. Yesterday was much warmer, so I broke out a short-sleeved polo (the only one in the meeting).

Anyhow, one of my co-workers is a sports fan like me from another city. We've hung out a bit outside of work. I walk towards him as we are locating our lunch location, and he greets me with "Hiya Hulk!" Seizing the moment, I do a "most muscular." The look on his face was priceless!
  #644   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:39 PM

traveller
I went to my company's Christmas party where I wore slacks and a long-sleeved sweater which was more form-fitting than I realized. It would be great for getting a date but not so appropriate for a holiday work party. I just came from the gym where I worked my arms that bulged underneath the sweater as did my pecs. I didn't have alternate clothing options at gym, so I left as is.

When I went to the party, the straight and married IT/Facilities guys were the ones who commented right away on my arms. I got stuck talking to them about lifting and injuries for longer than I liked, but two of them were nice to look at. One is about 6' with a tight, ripped body. The other is about 6'3" with a nice butt, wide shoulders and muscled upper body. The wives weren't that interested in the topic, so they left the conversation after a few minutes.

There were several cuties at the party but they were mostly paired. As for the single ones, I have no desire to date a co-worker unless he's drop-dead hunky.

--traveller

Last edited by traveller; December 18th, 2011 at 04:03 AM.
  #645   Add to bodyman75's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2011, 02:00 AM

bodyman75 is on a distinguished road
Finally I've had a chance to really concentrate on my workouts. Apparently I've been making good progress too. My hubby hadn't been to the gym at the same time with me for a month or so. Last week we did go at the same time. I've picked up the habit of working out wearing a tank top, so I can see that I use proper technique. Anyways, later that day after returning home, my hubby, who sees me everyday with my clothes off, asks me if I had started to use steroids. Apparently I've grown so much so fast that he was amazed with my progress

No, I don't use drugs. I've gained quite a lot of knowledge on how to make muscles grow naturally, and now that I'm implementing that knowledge and know-how the results are fast and amazing. I've considered using drugs before, but now I'm glad that I didn't start using them. Growing my body naturally is quite a rush: knowing that it's me and only me behind the new muscle makes me feel good --- and aroused. After workout showers end up with a massive erection when I notice that my muscles have grown and are pumped rock hard.

The downside is that I still feel that I am the same person as before I started my new gym life. I work out at a gym where there are some people that are bigger than me and have that bodybuilder look, but mostly the range is varied and I'm often the biggest guy in there. People pay a lot more attention to me these days than they did before, and I notice especially other (straight) men watching me all the time. What bothers me is that getting the looks makes me feel like the people see what I was before, not what I am today. Cognitively I know that may not be the case, but it's hard to shake off that feeling.

It does feel good when big bodybuilders who are new to the gym or otherwise haven't seen me before immediately notice my presence and greet me - something they don't usually do with the average Joes

I've totally changed my opinion on muscle growth. Now I think it's better to grow naturally, because it gives your body time to adapt to the change, and especially adapt to the increasing stress of lifting. Yes, it would be nice to grow gigantic roid muscles, but I think I'll prefer to have a natural body - it is quite a rush on itself.
  #646   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2011, 06:37 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
I love reading this inspiring thread.

I've always considered myself one of those stereotypical "tall, thin guys who can't gain muscle to save their lives." After being back in the gym for 16 months, which is as long as I was out of it on medical leave, I have to say that I've made phenomenal progress - for me.

For the first time in my life, my elbows aren't the biggest part of my arm -- my biceps and triceps are. They are also getting bigger, which is a rush!

I now have pecs, and I can consistently feel them stretching and being worked when I do flat bench presses. This is instead of my front delts, which often hurt and pulled when I'd try to do any bench press movements.

My quads and glutes are hard and rounding up and my lats and back are widening and thickening.

Bodybuilding is a great sport! It takes forever to see any results, but it's great when they do arrive!

Mdlftr
  #647   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
@ Bodyman75:

As usual...

P, d, p! S, d, s!

xoxo

Richard
  #648   Add to bodyman75's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM

bodyman75 is on a distinguished road
I'm 193 cm / 6'4", 106 kg / 233 lbs. Need to drop a few kilos of fat before shirtless pics. Otherwise I don't do that well in pictures because I'm tall: I think I'm more impressive in real life. Or at least I'd need a photographer with some talent
  #649   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman75 View Post
I'm 193 cm / 6'4", 106 kg / 233 lbs. Need to drop a few kilos of fat before shirtless pics. Otherwise I don't do that well in pictures because I'm tall: I think I'm more impressive in real life. Or at least I'd need a photographer with some talent
Sounds good to me! Take pix anyway!

xoxo

Richard
  #650   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2012, 02:25 AM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
I gave blood at the Red Cross yesterday. I don't think they really care that my muscles are bigger, but they did appreciate that my veins stick out more.
  #651   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:51 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post
I gave blood at the Red Cross yesterday. I don't think they really care that my muscles are bigger, but they did appreciate that my veins stick out more.
lol, best line a nurse told me: "look at this vein, a narc's dream!"

Last edited by inm; January 13th, 2012 at 04:14 AM.
  #652   Add to Bear89's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Bear89 is on a distinguished road
Just signed up at a new gym this week, and it's a pretty small gym which I like. Anyway, when I went in to sign up, I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and jogging pants, so you couldnt really see what I looked like. The guy at the counter told me " Well you know sir, if you're looking to get in shape there's some great boot camps here" and proceeded to tell me about them. I told him I thought I could get by without them.

Well, I went got dressed and I always workout in a sleeveless Tshirt and shorts, and when I came out the locker room I had to pass by the counter, and the guy said " Wow, you really DON'T need those boot camps do you?"...I decided to play dumb and said "Well why do you say that?" He was like, "Oh, well I'm just saying...a guy you're size probably already knows what he's doing"

Hey, every little bit helps
  #653   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
I'm sure it does man. Any stats? Pics?
  #654   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2012, 07:05 PM

restaurant

Last summer my nephew and I were sitting in the local diner looking at our menus looking forward to having a nice lunch when in walks 4 young guys about 16-17 years old. They were very muscular young guys and if I were a betting man figured there wasn't another man in the restaurant who would be able to beat any one of them in a test of strength. Each was about 5 foot 10 easily 180-190 pounds with low enough body fat that each movement of their arms caused a well developed bicep or tricep to flex, just confirming they were strong guys. They were seated at the table across from ours. The problem was they were loud and getting louder. Their waitress asked them to quiet down since they were disturbing the other customers. They all flexed their muscles as if to say they could do as they please. I couldn't hear what they said to the waitresses, but whatever it was she blushed and looked angry. They kept up the noise and looked around as if to dare anyone to say anything.

We decided we should do something before these guys got further out of hand. We had our jackets on since we had been working in the yard, so we took our jackets off. They immediately stopped talking and looked at us. I'm 265 lbs, my nephew is 240 lbs. Both of us at 6-7% bodyfat. We could have each easily handled 2 or 3 of these guys. I placed my hands on the edge of the table to push my chair back and when I did so my triceps flared out from my arms and my chest flexed. Then my nephew put his arms up behind his head and flexed his biceps. Heard one say, hey we better cut it out. We wouldn't stand a chance against that big guy, let alone the other one. Got to admit I blushed. So they opened their menus. You could hear the collective sighs of relief from everyone in the restaurant. All through out the meal they were glancing over at us and whispering and talking about us. One guy says, holy crap Buddy, you see the arms on those guys? Almost as big as your thighs Chris, hell, bigger than yours Dave (and laughs). Look at that guys chest. Wonder what their abs are like?

We finished, but decided to wait until these 4 guys were done. We got our checks at the same time. They got up to leave and we got in line behind them. I said, enjoy your lunch guys? They said yes. As we walked to our cars I couldn't resist and pulled up my shirt to show off my abs. Thought they would choke. Then said, you know guys, people envy guys like us who are strong and in good shape. There's no need to cause trouble to get attention because you got everyone's attention the minute you walked in and they saw how muscular you are. Try being nice. It's easy and you'll get respect which is worth a whole lot more than being labelled a trouble maker.

They laughed, got in what I assumed was one of their daddy's BMW and tore out of the parking lot. Oh well. Pretty much what I expected I guess.

Last edited by stronguns; January 18th, 2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: add the last line which missed the copy paste...
  #655   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 15th, 2012, 07:12 PM

Great story, thanks for sharing it!

xoxo

Richard

who hopes one day it will be illustrated! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
Last summer my nephew and I were sitting in the local diner looking at our menus looking forward to having a nice lunch when in walks 4 young guys about 16-17 years old. They were very muscular young guys and if I were a betting man figured there wasn't another man in the restaurant who would be able to beat any one of them in a test of strength. Each was about 5 foot 10 easily 180-190 pounds with low enough body fat that each movement of their arms caused a well developed bicep or tricep to flex, just confirming they were strong guys. They were seated at the table across from ours. The problem was they were loud and getting louder. Their waitress asked them to quiet down since they were disturbing the other customers. They all flexed their muscles as if to say they could do as they please. I couldn't hear what they said to the waitresses, but whatever it was she blushed and looked angry. They kept up the noise and looked around as if to dare anyone to say anything.

We decided we should do something before these guys got further out of hand. We had our jackets on since we had been working in the yard, so we took our jackets off. They immediately stopped talking and looked at us. I'm 265 lbs, my nephew is 240 lbs. Both of us at 6-7% bodyfat. We could have each easily handled 2 or 3 of these guys. I placed my hands on the edge of the table to push my chair back and when I did so my triceps flared out from my arms and my chest flexed. Then my nephew put his arms up behind his head and flexed his biceps. Heard one say, hey we better cut it out. We wouldn't stand a chance against that big guy, let alone the other one. Got to admit I blushed. So they opened their menus. You could hear the collective sighs of relief from everyone in the restaurant. All through out the meal they were glancing over at us and whispering and talking about us. One guy says, holy crap Buddy, you see the arms on those guys? Almost as big as your thighs Chris, hell, bigger than yours Dave (and laughs). Look at that guys chest. Wonder what their abs are like?

We finished, but decided to wait until these 4 guys were done. We got our checks at the same time. They got up to leave and we got in line behind them. I said, enjoy your lunch guys? They said yes. As we walked to our cars I couldn't resist and pulled up my shirt to show off my abs. Thought they would choke. Then said, you know guys, people envy guys like us who are strong and in good shape. There's no need to cause trouble to get attention because you got everyone's attention the minute you walked in and they saw how muscular you are. Try being nice. It's easy and you'll get respect which is worth a whole lot more than being labelled a trouble maker.
  #656   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:00 AM

it Is a great story, but we need more stats, and jpegs, for better visualization.
  #657   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:36 AM

...and then what did THEY say...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronguns View Post
...Then [I] said, you know guys, people envy guys like us who are strong and in good shape. There's no need to cause trouble to get attention because you got everyone's attention the minute you walked in and they saw how muscular you are. Try being nice. It's easy and you'll get respect which is worth a whole lot more than being labelled a trouble maker.
...at which point, they:
1. nodded their heads up and down so vigorously they looked like bobble heads
2. Stammered "yessir" and ran for their cars
3. Asked us where we work out
4. ????
  #658   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM

..so its Back and biceps day, and I'm hitting it hard today, felt reallllly pumped, did some lat spreadsto see how wide my lats go, and started stretching. eventually, I just hang off a pullup bar to let the spine decompress, and I see in the mirror half the room staring (same people who stared when I did 1-arm rows with 110 DBs for a finisher). lol'ed to myself, shut my eyes, that is one feeling-good stretch, when a trainer, one hot milf, comes with her client.. "wow, that is some back there, look at those back muscles!"
really made my day, since back was not a very strong bodypart, and I've been hitting it hard with some new exercises (for me, anyway) , supersets and killer long sets. I knew it was growing, since my shirts are getting tighter just there, just didn't realize it was so visible.
  #659   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM

You know the drill:

Pix, dammit, pix!

Stats, dammit, stats!

Failure to comply will be punished! (E.g., did you Harry Belafonte's new zombie movie? It's called Apocalypso!)

xoxo

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm View Post
..so its Back and biceps day, and I'm hitting it hard today, felt reallllly pumped, did some lat spreadsto see how wide my lats go, and started stretching. eventually, I just hang off a pullup bar to let the spine decompress, and I see in the mirror half the room staring (same people who stared when I did 1-arm rows with 110 DBs for a finisher). lol'ed to myself, shut my eyes, that is one feeling-good stretch, when a trainer, one hot milf, comes with her client.. "wow, that is some back there, look at those back muscles!"
really made my day, since back was not a very strong bodypart, and I've been hitting it hard with some new exercises (for me, anyway) , supersets and killer long sets. I knew it was growing, since my shirts are getting tighter just there, just didn't realize it was so visible.
  #660   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM

I'm abs-still-visible-under-a-good-light 245 lbs today, deep into winter mode after a slow recovery from a recurring back problem; so waist is flabby.. and yet, a good V and obviously amazing back muscles
I'll try to capture a pix for U .
  #661   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM

musclegod is on a distinguished road
Stronguns, dude! Fuck I love it! It's awesome having loads of muscle! Your story was fantastic. Keep growing!
  #662   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
I'll try to capture a pix for U .
Hopefully not just for arpeejay....
  #663   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
Hopefully not just for arpeejay....
lol, your stats are better than mine.. lead by example!
  #664   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:52 AM

Oh, fer heaven's sake! You both have better stats than I do and I'm not squeamish about posting my pix!

http;//www.bigmuscle.com/~arpeejay

Get crackin'!

xoxo

richard
  #665   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2012, 05:59 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:
lol, your stats are better than mine.. lead by example!
I've posted a thread with some pics: http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24501. Hope to take some new ones in the next month or two. OK, you're up!
  #666   Add to hecad84's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2012, 09:59 AM

hecad84
Send a message via AIM to hecad84 Send a message via Yahoo to hecad84
Does anyone else find it amusing that inm implies that everyone who doesn't post pictures is a fake, yet has some of the hardest to beleive stats on this board, without pictures of his own I might add?
  #667   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecad84 View Post
Does anyone else find it amusing that inm implies that everyone who doesn't post pictures is a fake, yet has some of the hardest to beleive stats on this board, without pictures of his own I might add?
I can't say I ever noticed him implying anything of the sort. No need to prompt a pissing match.

Thanks...

Richard
  #668   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
I've posted a thread with some pics: http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24501. Hope to take some new ones in the next month or two. OK, you're up!
lol, busted! arpee is asking for updated pics, since we've exchanged pics before. I'll see if I can overcome my reluctance to share my pics openly

and to the doubter, I didnt imply such a thing. I've shared pics privately with members of this board, but only after chatting and getting to know and trust. arpeejay is a Very special person in his openness and spirit; while your posting history is one of bitterness, doubt and blames. how can you even believe pics I publish are mine?
haters gonna hate. I'm gonna hulk
  #669   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2012, 07:10 AM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
my cousin has a boyfriend who's in really good shape. he's kinda short and is on the lean side, but his body is nicely ripped and he has great arms. thick, veiny forearms and biceps that swell up nice when flexed. He came down yesterday to watch the superbowl here. I was working out my arms when he got here. He walked in and said "damn your getting big as hell!" I was in the middle of doing curls. He walked over and playfully punched my arm. "beastly" he said. I almost dropped the dumbbells and sprouted a hardon right there heheh.

after my workout we talked about workouts for awhile. he mentioned how he's doing a new, harder biceps routine and wanted his to get bigger. mentioned how I surpassed him in size and strength and he needs to catch up. He decided to flex quickly, and damn. My arms are a tad bigger, but he's way more ripped and cut up than I am. Wish I could've snapped pictures with my eyes so I could share on here.

Needless to say, I had to excuse myself and head home after our workout talk, because between that, feeling pumped up, and having this ripped kid talk about how much bigger I got... well, I needed some alone time lol

definitely one of the best noticings I've had
  #670   Add to Bear89's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:15 AM

Two new ones, really made my day.

The other day I was visiting a friend, just dropping off a late Christmas present actually that I never got time to give him. I hadn't seen him in awhile. So we always give each other these really long, huge hugs when we meet, and this time I picked him up off the ground a little. When I put him down, he looked at my chest and said " Wow...maybe it's just been awhile but I'm pretty sure your chest has gotten bigger right?" I kinda suddenly got shy and was just like "Yeah well, I HAVE been working on it." Felt great though.

Then yesterday, I was helping my sisters boyfriend move(DURING THE SUPERBOWL, ridiculous) and we had this massive tv to bring up three flights of stairs. You know, the old flat screens where the back is anything but flat. Anyway, we were on the second flight, and my sisters bf's back suddenly went out and he was about to drop the tv. So I told him to just give it to me. He was hesitant, but then he leaned all the weight in my direction and I carried it the rest of the way. It was pretty freakin heavy, but it got done. Later on, he was telling my sister what happened and he was like " Looks like having a musclehead around is finally paying off!" That was pretty awesome.

For RPJ, Stats right now 5'10. 222lbs. Arms at 17" Calves 19"(bottom heavy guy) I'll post pics one day, I promise lol
  #671   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
Time for me to tell about my brief experience.

Tonight one of the regulars, a powerlifter (who wears shirts that manages to cover the size of his 22 inch arms but does nothing to hide his shoulders and traps) told me that I've gotten bigger since I started working out at my friendly neighborhood gym. Especially in the arms department.

And yes, I promise there will be pics, dammit, pics of me. But give me a couple more months so I can get bigger.
  #672   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:32 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Guess it's my turn, I had been helping a customers at work today (older man and what I think is his challenged adult son or grandson) and we were BSing a bit when the older of them asked me what I thought of last night's game. I told him I didn't watch it because I'm not really a big football fan (only time I pay attention is when the Bears are beating the Packers). Apparently that kinda surprised him, he told me he figured I must have played football at one time and if he was a QB, he would want somebody built like me in front of him
  #673   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2012, 07:43 AM

My turn...gym progress

Well, I had a very surprising and pleasant experience this past week. I worked out with my trainer. On my way into the gym, one of the members who is somewhat standoffish gave me a big smile and eye contact when I said hello. I thought, "Hmm, he must be on his happy pills today." Usually this guy's cool to borderline rude. Oh well. I worked out with my trainer, then showered and changed back into street clothes.

As I went up to the front desk, the manager/owner asked me if I'd seen my picture on the wall yet. Our gym has pictures of members all over the walls. We have pictures from holiday parties, pictures of the end of year, "new members" "courage award" (for overcoming adversity, usually physical stuff) "best dressed award" "star" award etc. These are face shots. They are great morale boosters. Many of the gym members have a picture there. I knew I had at least one, so I figured that was what he was talking about.

However, there is another spot on the wall showing muscle achievements. These are usually full body shots or at least torso shots of people showing their muscle progress-- and it's impressive to make this wall. Over one corner of the picture the gym owner will post a note saying something like, "Joe, dropped 15 pounds of fat and added 10 pounds of muscle!" They're great pictures and very inspirational. Everyone at the gym sees these pictures and comments on them. The owner led me up to the wall and pointed. I saw some new pictures of this good looking guy doing a front triceps flex with both arms crossed in front, and a front standing relaxed shot while wearing a tight, fitted black tank top. I thought, "Wow, who is that guy? He looks great!" -- Then I realized it was me!

I've been taking progress shots every few months with my trainer and giving them to the owner and then forgetting about them. The owner took two pictures of me from December, wearing a tight, form fitting black tank top, doing a tricep pose with my arms to the front and also a standing relaxed shot. I honestly didn't recognize myself! What a boost!

Heading to the gym today!

Psyched!

RPJ, this one's for you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42951916@N08/6269680810/

Mdlftr

Last edited by Mdlftr; February 7th, 2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Sharing progress
  #674   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM

Yesterday I went out to lunch with my sister and my nephew. Now there is only 7 years difference in age between me and my nephew since my sister is quite a bit older than me. Anyway, we're sitting there and noticed the women at the table near us kept staring at me and my nephew. I heard one say to the other, look at the arms on those guys. Could crack a walnut with those biceps! I don't usually blush, but that comment caused my face to turn red.

Last edited by stronguns; February 15th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
  #675   Add to rockhard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM

rockhard is on a distinguished road
legs compliment

I must say that I don't think of legs as one of my best body parts. But then most of us don't really have a good sense of how we look to others, which is why it's always a pleasant surprise when we get complimented.

Yesterday I was doing standing calf raises at the end of my workout. i wasn't feeling particularly pumped from the calf work. However the guy next me who was doing seated calf raises turns to me and says "You've got big legs. I mean your calves. Mine are so small I have to work them much harder"

I used to get compliments on my legs and calves, but that was many years ago. I guess I'm doing something right again. ;-)
  #676   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:26 AM

Bump bump...
  #677   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2012, 04:40 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
So I was doing arms the other day. First time in a gym doing arms, so I decide to try out preacher curls with an ez bar. This guy was finishing up using it and I walked up to see what weight he had on. He saw me looking and said "oh that's too light for you man. With arms as big as that? Too light". I just laughed and said we'll see. He had 70 lbs on it. And yea, it was too light
  #678   Add to Bear89's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:06 PM

Smile

Today I had two moments, which reminded me I hadnt posted on this site in much too long!

First was at the store with a relative. We were just picking up a case of water, so she basically brought me along to carry it. So I just picked up and headed to the counter. When we got there, the cashier(a older guy) felt the need to say " Just because you're big doesnt mean you have to show off. You can use a basket you know..." Very Odd! Cause it was just a case of water..but I liked the comment.

Second one was at the gym, a guy I chat with there occasionally was talking to me about steroids. I was just stating that I don't mind guys who use them myself. Then he says " Okay dude, just tell me...you're juicing too arent you?" I thought it was hilarious, since well, I'm not. But that may be the best compliment I've ever gotten
  #679   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:25 AM

You know the drill:

Pix, dammit, pix!

Stats, dammit, stats!

xoxo

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear89 View Post
Today I had two moments, which reminded me I hadnt posted on this site in much too long!

First was at the store with a relative. We were just picking up a case of water, so she basically brought me along to carry it. So I just picked up and headed to the counter. When we got there, the cashier(a older guy) felt the need to say " Just because you're big doesnt mean you have to show off. You can use a basket you know..." Very Odd! Cause it was just a case of water..but I liked the comment.

Second one was at the gym, a guy I chat with there occasionally was talking to me about steroids. I was just stating that I don't mind guys who use them myself. Then he says " Okay dude, just tell me...you're juicing too arent you?" I thought it was hilarious, since well, I'm not. But that may be the best compliment I've ever gotten
  #680   Add to mattg66's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:00 AM

mattg66 is on a distinguished road
I had a teenager say to me "stop growin - you're scarin me." Loved that.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options