The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
  #81   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:07 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
2 sightings today.

OK, so it's been a busy day for Brent. I work as a courier, mostly driving around the Portland area.
This morning I had to pick up some medical gear in Oregon City (a suburb of Portland) and drive it 200 miles south to a hospital in Roseburg, OR. When I got there, I entered the hospital at the same time as this totally beefy, tanned farmer boy did. The sort I imagine many midwesterners to look like, not the sort you'd see around Portland. Then as I was pulling out of the hospital, I was looking at where they were building a large new addition to the building. Then I saw this totally buff construction guy clearing land with a bulldozer. He had long hair, and also had a dark tan.
Then tonight I had a delivery in the west hills (very rich area, great views). When I got to the house it was dark. I rang the bell, and a couple minutes later this enormous guy answered the door, only wearing his boxers. Good God! This dude must have been 6'7, and fairly good build. I'd guess he was at least 230 at 6 ft. so I don't know what he must have weighed.
3 guys in 2 very different places. Very odd day, but I won't complain!
Good night.
  #82   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:38 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Unhappy Darn, I went to bed

Sorry Brent, I wish I had still been awake to read you post. (I would have said "pleasent dreams" with an extra wink for what you'd probably dream about )
I'm beginning to think that there must be a magical muscle fairy floating around you. That sounds like a lot of beef to behold for one day.
As for a rough rule of proportion, I remember hearing 10 lbs per inch of height. So if that guy was 7" taller than an equivalent 6' 230lb guy then, I would bet he's pushing an extra 70 lbs or close to 300. That's a BIG BOY!!
  #83   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:07 PM
LeatherGryphon

Spotted a big 'un in the post office today. Probably on his way home from the small gym a few blocks away. Looked freshly showered, polo shirt, 5'10" 210#, 18"a, tight skin, handsome, black, thirtyish. Got into the passenger side of a car and it drove away. Sigh...

-- LG --
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #84   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM

ottomun6
LG, I think I saw his brother today.
I happened to look outside the window and saw a guy running towards the building. It was awesome to see his pecs and delts moving as he moved. His t-shirt was earning its worth as all of those muscles pushed out.
He was also black but he was more of an off-season weight (about 5'9" and more like 225-230) His arms had to be easily close to 20"
  #85   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:43 AM

Sounds like my magic fairy has moved on. Oh well, yesterday was worth several normal days.

Good night.
  #86   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:07 PM

ottomun6
bodybuilder must be geting too big for his clothes.

It was really nice out today so, I figured I'd do a little shopping went to a couple of stores for a new tie.
I wasn't actually looking for it but BAM! another stud in the men's section, I wasn't sure at first, but then he held up a shirt with this 19" arm and his forearm was bulging with muscles and veins....yep! another bodybuilder (about 5'8" and 210-220 lbs).
He left before I had a chance to check out his overall build.
  #87   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:06 PM

I had a similar experience today. I was talking outside my classroom (midterm today in Computer Science) and this one stud walked by. He walked out of the main computer lab, and was huge, maybe 5'9 245 lbs. Tanned, built, and veins popping out everywhere. Unfortunately, He was walking quickly, and I had to get to class, so I only saw him for a few seconds. It was still nice however!
  #88   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:21 PM

ottomun6
slow the muscle down

We gotta find a way to slow these studs down for observation.
Hmmm, I got it! We can put down some jumbo sized flypaper in their path, they'll get stuck and will have to strain and flex as they attempt to free their feet. (imagine 29"-30" quads flexing back and forth)
We'll call it.... Musclebound Flytrap !!
  #89   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:13 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Things Have Changed

I had an interestig muscle sighting today that raises a question in my mind:

It was a nice day here in the Great Lakes region and I went to get a smoothie. I was in line behind a nice looking college kid, about 5'8", blonde, decent build with at least 17" arms, clearly into buying AF clothing. I stand there waiting in line unobtrusively watching him casual flex his bi's and tri's--in that sort of "unaware" way when he was joined by a friend (who wasn't quite as buff but who also appeared to work out).

Anyway, they chat a little about finals, summer jobs, etc. when the blonde says that he is planning to work a lot this summer to get enough money to have the hair on his chest removed with laser (figures he will save money in the long run over waxing). Then they both begin to compare the definition in their chests (through the t-shirts by running their fingers between their pecs and showing how much "cleavage" they are getting).

Now, I know that I've been out of college for awhile--but are all the guys concerned about removing body hair these days? I can't imagine having a conversation like this with my roommates in college--especially not in public.

Not that I'm complaining mind you. I love summer when all the muscle comes out...
  #90   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:09 AM

ottomun6
comparing pecs

Man, let's hope the trend continues, I'd love it if it was commonplace for guys to compare muscles as casually as talking about their cars.
Hey, maybe you should have offered to help judge their pecs as an outside advisor
  #91   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:08 PM

ottomun6
...m-must fight urges! g-gotta keep eyes straight ahead!

This had to be one of the toughest battles of willpower ever!!
I just finished washing/drying my hands at the sink and I turned to throw out my paper towel. When suddenly I almost collided with a guy that should be a 38-40 something model for a sports magazine. He was naked and trying to get to the shower. It was so fast, I just stopped and he was just there, taking up my field of vision. He was someone that I've seen around before, but I kind of scratched him off my list of eye candy because he didn't seem to be that muscular under those clothes.
But NOW!- Phew! He instantly struck me as very handsome, tall and HOLY CRAP! was he always this muscular?? I prefer the shaved body look but this guy was so damn sexy that I was fighting the urge to further scan that forest of hair on his chest and check over the details of his delts and biceps.
I actually wondered for a split second what it would feel like to run my hand through that fur of his or if he were to pin me back to the sink....
But all of this happened in a split second, my "programming" tells me I must quickly excuse myself and keep moving (after all, a guy his age probably is married, has kids maybe even grandkids)
But WHOA!!, WHAT- A -STUD !! (I wonder if he has a gay brother?)
Completely forgot to throw away the paper towel --trash can was right there too!

Last edited by ottomun6; May 7th, 2004 at 07:10 PM.
  #92   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:55 AM

ottomun6
I think I got spotted

The other day I was at the supermarket and as I was about to head for the checkout, I happened to make eye contact (accidently on my part) with this tall fella as we were about to pass each other. He was probably about 6'2" at 160 lbs, no muscle that I could see. I guess he must have picked out my build under my coat, because I could see that spark in his eyes and he kept checking me out even as we passed (I have pretty good periferal vision) I only wish he had some muscle on that frame.
I spotted him a bit later as waiting in line at the checkout, he had his back to me and I noticed that he was there with a woman.
Oh well
  #93   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:10 AM

Close call

Well, I almost had a sighting, it should have been a sighting... but it wasn't. A very good friend of mine went to her sister's 40th birthday party, and called me from the party exclaiming that a male stripper was on his way, and that my husband & I should get over there ASAP. We got there (with dead batteries in the camera) but he wasn't all that. I did finally get enough juice for one shot as he was getting dressed afterwards, so you can see. For $100 they should have got a leaner cut of beef, this guy barely looked better than me with my clothes off, and I wouldn't charge that much to dance with drunk people!

here he is:
  #94   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:21 AM

ottomun6
Thumbs down stripper?

ooh, sorry to see that, he looks like he works out, but $100?
I'm thinking more like $8.37
  #95   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:36 AM

I was think more like $40 would have been good. I should be careful however, both Rob (my husband) & I had our gaydar pinging overtime with this boy. So he may haunt this forum?
He had nice legs, which is rare. but he was far from cut. He did have about 4 women & 2 guys dancing with him, but they were too drunk to know better.
This guy said that he has a degree in physiology from Oregon State, and that he uses it in his day job in Lake Oswego, Oregon. (side note: L.O. is a very fancy/expensive suburb of Portland, to have an office there is like an office in Beverly Hills to a Californian, we also refer to it as "Lake No-Negro" as it is conservative & WASPy as well as rich) We figured that he should either focus on the day job, or quit that & work out during the day. Too much multitasking is not always a good thing...
  #96   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:03 AM

ottomun6
stripper

Ok I'll be nice--$40, but I wish I could see a bit more of those thighs. They do seem to be taking up a lot of room from that angle.
  #97   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:41 AM

You're right, his thighs were his best part, his back wasn't bad either - sort of the opposite of what you'd expect. however, he was a bit soft all over.
  #98   Add to spongepower2008's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM

spongepower2008
Theme Park

I was at Six Flags with my family for mothers day, and while I was standing in line at Superman, these two amateur(sp?) bodybuilders line up right behind us. One was shorter, but had bigger arms and back, the other one was taller, but still huge. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't help but stare. Too bad I didn't get a picture.
  #99   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:59 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
Brent, I've done plenty of courier/delivery jobs around Portland, and never had the kind of luck you seem to! The only sighting I can recall was seeing a guy at one of those industries on Swan Island who was clearly a competitive bodybuilder. Not that I didn't use to know a lot of them in that area, but I only ever saw them at the gym.
  #100   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2004, 06:13 PM

Bull, yeah, I have been lucky lately. I think it was partly because of the weather (being so nice this year). I haven't even written about even a fraction of the sightings I have, just the ones that stick out. One place that seems to be dependable is the Pilot gas (petroleum for our English friends) station in Brooks, OR. Brooks is a little town that seems like little more than 2 gas stations/ truck stops about 8 miles north of the state capital of Salem. I regularly see beefy Mexican laborers there, and sometimes hot straight boys driving up from California. As it would happen, I have never made a delivery to Swan Island, other than a couple of pick-ups from the Fed-Ex terminal there. However, they usually have girls at the counter helping me there...
  #101   Add to ashleydelfin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:11 PM
=^^=

ashleydelfin has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to ashleydelfin Send a message via Yahoo to ashleydelfin
Yummy!

Figures that two weeks before I graduate from my school I'd find the hottest guy on campus...

Today I go into my school's cafeteria and all of a sudden I see this guy who is turning his back to me. He's wearing a black tank top and khaki shorts. He has broad shoulder, really nice (read: big) arms and really nice calves too! Of course I'm thinking: "Just like any other guy who looks good from the back, he will turn and turn out to be ugly as [Insert name of celebrity you consider to be very ugly]." But then he turns around and I am pleasantly surprised. He has a nice square jaw and is wearing small black glasses and his tanktop happens to have a skull painted (which gave me the perfect excuse to look at his torso, please refer to the title of this post).

Best of all is I kept running into him all through the day, I should've said hi at some point but -_-* he always seemed in a hurry.
  #102   Add to RyBearATL's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:54 AM

RyBearATL
Brought one to mind.

This is from a while ago; I was at my high school graduation party/informal get together kind-of thing. Basically a small bunch of us had a picnic in the park & hung out for the afternoon.

I was 18. I was deeply, deeply, deeply closeted, not out even to myself. I think I'd had a minor crush on this hunky guy (swim team, worked out all the time, f*king great body, tan, nice, etc) named, if I remember right, Vince.

We were playing Ultimate; shirts & skins. After nobody wanted to take their shirt off to be shirts, he did, first, to get it going.

I remember thinking: "Oh, man! There IS a god! Thank you!"

A very good memory for me.

-R
  #103   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:58 PM

ottomun6
...you too Ry?
There was another one of those muscular buffed guys on our swim team too (and football and a few other sports too, this guy was VERY busy).
I wonder if there was some kind of clone experiment for these studs, maybe they were distributed to all high schools in our generation.

Last edited by ottomun6; May 11th, 2004 at 02:00 PM.
  #104   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2004, 08:22 PM

Notbigenuff
Going further back...

Reminds me of an event that happened to me way back in, I think, second grade (the exact event is somewhat fuzzy being so looooong ago). There was a kid in my class who was always bragging about how strong he was and during recess one day he flexed for me to prove his strength. Darned if this kid didn't have a full, well-rounded bicep with veins clearly visible at about seven years old. I remember commenting that I thought it looked like a turtle because of the way the veins criss-crossed over his arm (ah, sweet naive youth that I was). As he grew up he did become somewhat more muscular, but I don't think he ever reached his full potential. Sadly, he is now married with children and has the typical middle-age spread....the good news is that I imagine he might be impressed with my biceps now!
  #105   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2004, 08:52 PM
LeatherGryphon

Hadn't thought about high school a lot lately but but the last story reminded me of my first infatuation with a classmate. He was a farmer boy. He did a lot of work on the farm but he just had good gene's too. He had the look of a real body builder at 15 but was always shy and denied doing "workouts or anything like that". Very handsome, beefy & thick, veins in his massive arms, traps that climbed his neck. He even had that walk of massive thighs rolling around each other. his shirts were all ways tight, huge biceps and arms almost always bent a bit emphasizing his perfect arms and shoulders. Narrow waist. Damn he was hot!

Turned out to be a policeman still big & thick decades later. Last time I saw him was about 9 years ago (1996) at our 30th high school reunion. I was almost as big as him but he still looked a lot better. If he had ever gotten into serious building he would have been a winner for sure.

Sigh..., I lusted after him without even knowing I was gay. I just wanted to be around him, to be his friend, hoping that his bigness would rub off on me, that somehow I could get as big as him someday. But he was in the other clique, you know, the jocks & girl magnets. I was of course in the geek group and never mixed with his crowd.

He's got a family and grandkids now but still I remember him as my first attraction to real live almost accessable muscle.

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; May 11th, 2004 at 08:58 PM.
  #106   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM

ottomun6
high school David and Goliath

I think I posted this part already some time last year but I'll mention it again if some of you guys haven't heard it.
I remember in my freshman year of highschool, I was sitting in the gym bleachers during breaktime. There were these two guys playing one-on-one and it was a game I'll never forget. One guy was probably your average thin teenager (about 5'8" at 140 lbs) not very good looking either. But he was playing against a kid that had it all (about 6'3" at 225-235 lbs of rock hard muscle!) he was downright handsome to boot. As we watched the game progress it was obvious that the big muscular handsome guy was just way too big and fast for the regular guy. The big guy was able to use his big frame to block the little guy. He seemed to be able to snatch the ball from the regular guy without any effort then he scored and scored and scored. A bunch of us regular sized twirps couldn't help but to shake our heads and say "What the hell was was he thinking?"

Last edited by ottomun6; May 12th, 2004 at 12:59 PM.
  #107   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:51 PM

If we're going back to our very first infatuations...

OK, the first infatuation I ever had was a girl in my preschool class, not proud to admit that one, but all I could do was think about styling her blonde hair... After about a year, or so I went to her birthday party & met her brother, same blonde hair (only shorter) a year older than me, and he was the second infatuation I had. Then I went to kindergarten, and forgot all about Sammy & her brother when I met the biggest kid in the class. His name was Carry, and he was a couple inches taller than me, and a lot bigger (I think it was mostly fat, but he was bigger). I was around him whenever I could be, although I didn't understand why at the time. I think he was getting creeped-out about it by the end of the year, but it didn't matter as we both went to different grade schools. Now I almost feel sick admitting to all this, but it was all very innocent when I was 4 & 5 years old.
  #108   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:59 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
Why should you feel sick? We are born sexual; hell, they have ultrasounds of boys with erections in the womb! We may not know what those feelings mean, or how to act on them, but they are there, motivating our actions before we even realize it. It's all natural and good.
  #109   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:10 PM

ottomun6
Yeah why should you feel bad. It was just the modern day Brent getting to know what's out there in the world. We all had to take steps in learning what we wanted. I'm just happy for you to find someone to love kiddo. A lot of us (including me) are still looking.
  #110   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:32 PM

Notbigenuff
I think that it's interesting how a lot of our "sexual" attractions seem to be present prior to puberty--at least based on these past few posts. Funny though I remember in elementary school and such always having a "girlfriend"--probably because I didn't quite get the full meaning. Always liked the guys with muscle though...
  #111   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:19 PM

ottomun6
I vaguely remember even Maypo hot cereal was touting muscles.
There was a kid on the box flexing his bicep from what I remember it was pretty big for a kid.
  #112   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:37 PM

claygrant is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to claygrant
Tonight at my gym was some kind of impromptu "big arm" gathering, and luckily I was there. I saw around 3-4 guys wearing sleeveless shirts and they all had thick, developed arms (you can easily tell where their delts end, merging into the bulges of their bis and tris). One guy had a tatoo on his left arm that complemented his muscles perfectly - intersecting waves that flowed on his upper arm. Another guy had a white sleeveless shirt that was ripped and torn in the upper back part, from what I don't know, but it looked totally rugged and hot.
  #113   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:00 PM

feeling sick

I didn't mean that I thought that a crush at that age completely disgusted me. However, after typing it, it seemed like people might interpret the being infatuated with a 4 year old girl bit as sick, but since I was 4 at the same time, it's almost normal. I guess I was just feeling a little self-conscious. Thank you everyone for making me feel a little more at ease. I normally don't get embarrassed. (If you met my step father you'd understand how I have a strong immunity to embarrassment. He'd always find ways to embarrass my mom & I until we got over it.)

So let's clear the cob-webs:

Early muscle product placement:
? The box of Arm & Hammer baking soda. I loved reaching for the baking soda, and dreamt of the day I'd have arms that big. I now do, but I don't think it's that big & want bigger!
? Bob's Big Boy. What red-blooded American boy didn't want to be that big?
? The Charles Atlas adds in the back of the Boy's Life magazines (for people outside the US: Boy's Life is a very conservative magazine that's published by/for the anti-gay Boy Scouts of America) It's so ironic that I got my first hard-on reading this ad once when I was sick & at home alone with the flu. I bet leaving a 10 year old kid at home alone all day would be child-abuse today, but it was the norm in 1983.
? Books by Arnold. I loved seeing the pics of him, in color, on the front. People would always say how gross that was, and it was the first time I learned to cover up my muscle fetish.

Still in the vein of early muscle sightings, etc: the first time I dreamt of becoming a Bodybuilder was when I saw an interview of someone on Merv Griffin's show. I'd guess it to by Frank Zane & wife, and I'd guess the year to be around 1980. I saw his arms, and that this was his job, and I wanted the job of looking like that! It totally replaced my earlier dream of becoming a garbage man.

Now all of that happened to me way before puberty, so we obviously develop these feelings early.
  #114   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:07 AM

I forgot where I found this pic, but it's totally a 'muscle sighting'. Imagine if you saw this at a late night run to Denny's or something!
  #115   Add to RyBearATL's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:55 AM

RyBearATL
Dennys Pic

"I'll have what [s]he's having."

-R
  #116   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:11 AM

Denny's pic

I know where I've seen this pic before. I used to chat with a member of this forum about a year ago, and he sent me this pic, and another one of the same guy. He said it was a pic of himself, although I had my doubts. I forgot all about him eventually. I will try to dig up the other pic sometime (it wasn't quite as hot.) It shows why we need to have our digital cameras ready however!
  #117   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:36 PM

ottomun6
...would somebody send a respirator to my place?
I seem to be hyper-ventalting!!!!
Great pic ClayGrant!
...hey uh send me a fan too, its gettin HOT in here!!
  #118   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM

Brent, I hope you find that other pic!

The more I look at the pic, the more I think it could be morphed... but the quality of the pic is so bad to begin with, it'd be hard to tell either way.

Too bad people try to pass themselves off as others... I don't get the point.
  #119   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:49 PM

ottomun6
Unhappy fake pic?

aw man, that bites!
It seems sad that some guys are so desperate that they have to do that to get attention. If only they would get serious about the gym, they would get more attention than they could handle.
  #120   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:59 PM

"Fake" pic

I don't think that pic is a fake, it seems real with the reflections, etc. but I don't think that the guy who sent it to me once was the same person, as is in the pic. I will look for the other one, it's on my old iMac, and I always use my new PowerBook. *Must slum it long enough to find old Pic*

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options