The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
  #241   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:44 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Sporty Guy,
Thanks for another post that's made me jealous as all get out! I think it's great whenever you can witness a "muscle makeover" in person--they are all too rare.

You didn't mention how old this neighbor is, but I'm guessing that he's fairly young since he is so into sports and can workout twice a day. I bet he does have a fair amount of growing ahead of him--I'm sure you'll let us know--have fun being a 'good' neighbor.
  #242   Add to Sporty_guy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Someone order a demi-god?

Sporty_guy
You bet I will...
Also, he's 21, I think 22 in five or so months..

SG
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #243   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 17th, 2004, 02:02 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Red face Close one

Today I had a close encounter with a guy that seemed to be dripping with high levels of testosterone. I first passed by him as he was sitting near an elevator. We both exchanged the usual male greetings and I hopped on the elevator. I was almost melted by his deep heavily masculine voice, the way he sat on the bench with his legs spread wide and he was a pretty ruggedly good looking fella to boot.
I did a couple of errands and came back (alone this time) he had moved to stretch his legs and had his back to me as I passed him again I thought hmm, he dosen't look as big as I first envisioned, but I bet a year in the gym...
As I continued to walk down the hall, another female co-worker called out my name, I turned and was almost startled to see the stud was just a few steps directly behind me!
My mind stretched in two directions to converse with my female co-worker and check the stud as he passed me. Yikes!! he definitely looked up at me, if only I knew what to say to him in the midst of my other chatter with the co-worker.
  #244   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 19th, 2004, 04:36 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
"Opportunity is when luck meets preparation" Bob Evans

OK, maybe it's time to start thinking of polite ways to tell your coworkers to take a break. Next time something like that happens, ignore your coworkers, slip him your number, then excuse your rudeness. If he looks fine, I;m sure they will understand.

I think that all single men should make up some business-cards with their name, email address, and cell number. That way you could just slip him a card, and the situation is gracefully handled.
  #245   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2004, 05:17 PM

Notbigenuff
Today's Sightings

Not too much new, but at the gym--where I guess most of my muscle sightings occur--I saw two that I thought I'd share.

The first was a guy working out (with a buddy) that I hadn't seen before. He had that "guy next door" look about him but though he isn't huge he was extremely well defined without being overly vascular--my favorite kind of look. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt that was open wide down the sides where the armholes are so you could see his well developed pecs and serratus muscles.

The other sighting is a guy who is just about the biggest and must cut guy in the gym--though not tall, about 5'8" -- I was doing leg presses and between a set look over to see him standing in front of the mirror (one entire wall) with his shirt up and admiring his abs of which I counted an 8-pack. He then asks his friend what he thinks and the friend (who of course isn't nearly as cut) just kind of stands there with his jaw open. Maybe the first time he ever saw the guys abs himself!

Of course I couldn't be too jealous, after all I have a six pack myself. I'm just keeping in a massive styrofoam cooler for safe keeping these days .
  #246   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2004, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notbigenuff
Of course I couldn't be too jealous, after all I have a six pack myself. I'm just keeping in a massive styrofoam cooler for safe keeping these days .
I like that euphemism. I always say that I loved my 6 pack so much, I decided to upgrade to the kegger!
  #247   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:31 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
so I work at a music store in the mall, so usually once or twice a day I'll see some fine specimen walk into the store. There were two in the last couple days of note. First there was a short guy, probably only like 5'5'' come into the store wearing a sleeveless shirt which showed off his massive guns. I mean, these were like disproportionate on this guy...I didn't know a guy that short could get arms like that! So after first being pleasantly surprised by this, I asked him if I could him find anything, and he wanted to try out one of the shirts of a local band we sell. He had a band tattoo on his right arm, and I asked about it and got to feel his arm... warm and hard as a rock. it was the highlight of the day.

yesterday another guy came into the store, this time a thick, beefy football player...I could tell not only from his football training shirt, but also just the look on his face he was with a skinnier friend and, after helping them find what they need, got a good side view of the two, with the skinny guy closer to me. To bigger guy was literally twice as thick as the skinny guy...then I looked at their arms, and it was the same. I've never seen a comparison so dramatically like that before, it was great. And this behemoth was only in high school! too bad he didn't go to mine last year.

I'll update more if i see some more goods at the store.
  #248   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:02 PM

Vlad,
The short guy:
People talk about genetics like it was a total brick wall. I don't know how many times I've heard that short, or small people can't get big & tick. However, I've seen that proven wrong many times in the gym. People with genetics like mine might find it easier to gain muscle initially, but it's very impressive to see a little guy that's transformed into a mountain of muscle.

The football player:
I bet it was amazing to see the 2 of them together. Too bad you were at work & couldn't snap a picture. I'm just glad they didn't make high schoolers do steroids when I was in, get on the bad side of one of those monsters, and it's all over!
  #249   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:16 PM

ottomun6
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
... I asked about it and got to feel his arm... warm and hard as a rock. it was the highlight of the day.
Hmm, I bet that wasn't the only thing that was warm and hard as a rock that day!!
And as far as the football player with his thin friend, do you mean that they both had big arms? Also thanks for making my day Vlad.

Notbigenuff, I love those open side shirts, but pulling the shirt up is WAY better! HUBBA-HUBBA!

Brent, thanks for the businesscard idea, I think it's excellent. I can have an excuse to give someone my phone number and still come off looking like a guy trying to start a business. Thanks!
Also, I had a friend that told me about a kid that did juice up in school, as I recall he said this kid stayed on the juice for almost a year. He kept increasing the dosage, packed on something like 60 lbs, picked up and slammed a coach into a locker.

Last edited by ottomun6; June 22nd, 2004 at 01:26 PM.
  #250   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:42 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
first of all, otto, you called it on the hot and hard thing....lol

the football kids were notable just because of that contrast...the one kid was skinny, even compared to me, with not much in the way of arms...but the big football guy, who looked like a lineman, was just plain big...standing next to each other, it just made the two extremes look even more...well...extreme. the big kid was also wearing the cut-open-sides shirt, which I find even hotter than the sleeveless shirt...unfortunately he was wearing a t-shirt under it, but it was still nice.

man I hope I keep seeing stuff like that at the store...probably not, but one can always hope.
  #251   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2004, 03:18 PM

ottomun6
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
man I hope I keep seeing stuff like that at the store...probably not, but one can always hope.
Think positive Vlad!!
And by the way, I would bet if you started showing some extra muscle on your frame that they just might start dropping in regularly
  #252   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2004, 08:58 PM

Notbigenuff
More muscle = more customers?

And besides Vlad--even if they don't drop in more often, put on the extra muscle and I bet others do! Sounds like a great marketing strategy--I bet you could even get a promotion out of it.

Of course, Ottomun6, I have to wonder, is there such a thing as "extra" muscle? That term seems to imply that having more muscle isn't really necessary and I would think that at this forum we would all agree that more muscle is not only desired but very necessary!
  #253   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:31 PM

Re: More muscle = more customers?

I don't think anyone has ever been promoted for increasing sales. However, if you add some muscle, and do a good job, management may take a liking to you and offer one. I do think you'll get plenty more eye candy there, it's a music store for heck's sake!
  #254   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:45 PM

Notbigenuff
Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
I don't think anyone has ever been promoted for increasing sales.
What? Are you implying that the retail industry is inherently unfair to it's employees, er, associates? I can't believe it! Shocking, just shocking...

(the above bit should be read with heavy sarcasm of course)
  #255   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2004, 12:41 AM

The secrete to retail is not to have any pride at all, while you are on the clock. Just let the s**t roll off. It doesn't matter in the long run, all that matters is office politics. Sorry.
  #256   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:44 PM

Notbigenuff
Going too far?

Well, maybe I've gotten a little too hooked on this muscle sighting thing....

Today, while driving down the street minding my own business, I passed a group of guys doing some landscaping in front of a local strip mall. Nothing to special--it was a relatively cool day today so most everyone was covered up, except one guy. He stepped out from behind a truck while I was passing and I almost hit the brakes right then and there. He wasn't wearing any shirt and had some of the biggest most well developed pecs I had ever seen! Since he was the only one with out a shirt in this group (and given the temp) I am pretty sure that he knew exactly how well developed he was.

Oh, the part about getting too hooked? I was so flabbergasted by this guy that I went around the block to make another pass by the site--I just had to get another look (never done that before).
  #257   Add to Sporty_guy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Someone order a demi-god?

Sporty_guy
Hey nobody's holding it against you!

I almost got hit by a car once while crossing a road near my house. There was a building site and a few of the guys, all looking around their mid-twenties, had their shirts off.. Great bodies, all of them. I was startled back to reality when I was beeped by a car trying to turn into the street..

I should pay more attention to staying alive... Haha.

SG
  #258   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:05 AM

ottomun6
Talking Shirtless worker

Quote:
He wasn't wearing any shirt and had some of the biggest most well developed pecs I had ever seen!
Oh, the part about getting too hooked? I was so flabbergasted by this guy that I went around the block to make another pass by the site--I just had to get another look (never done that before).
Shame on you!! only one return pass?? LOL
Of course you realize he was an exhibitonist and he was TRYING to attract attention? Who are we to deny him his ego boost for the day?
  #259   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM

Take a pass, set up your camera, pass again (and snap a shot).
  #260   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:24 PM

traveller
bathroom posing

Today was the second time in the past several weeks when I saw this particular trainer have one of his clients prepping for a contest to pose in the men's bathroom. The client I typically see is an older, gray-haired guy who's about 5'9" and 190 lbs. He looks good. No striations yet, but he's pretty close to contest condition.

The second client was a surprise. He's shorter than I am (5'6.5"), and wider than I am. He has defined abs with a narrow waist, huge arms and a great body overall; even his calves are big. People in the gym periodically interrupted their workouts to stare at him in the arms area; too bad I was working legs instead of arms.

Now, if only I can make a wish that causes a hairy-chested hulk with a Van Dyke beard and wired rim glasses to appear in my home bathroom. ;^P

Traveller

Last edited by traveller; June 27th, 2004 at 07:34 PM.
  #261   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:38 PM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller
Today was the second time in the past several weeks when I saw this particular trainer have one of his clients prepping for a contest to pose in the men's bathroom...
Hmmm, I've seen a lot of things in bathrooms over the years (and some I wish I hadn't seen) but never anyone posing. I guess I've got to find some new gym bathrooms.
  #262   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2004, 01:28 PM

ottomun6
Well a while back, I had a close encounter with a guy that was posing in the nude as I turned the corner. He was handsome, buffed, hung and someone I knew, but I didn't have the heart to tease him (thinking I didn't want to embarrass him)...WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING??!!
  #263   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM

ottomun6
Just had a muscle sighting at a home improvement store. I was checking out a circular saw when I heard voices and the sound of rolling wheels coming up behind me. As I turned around, I saw a muscular guy rolling some fencing posts on a cart with a couple others in tow. I let them pass by so I could get a better look at this guy from behind. OH YEAH!! he was buffed, perfect Y-taper,
big arms (probably 18")and shoulders! I was only a bit disappointed by the lack of pec size and the fact that I couldn't see his lower body due to his loose fit pants.

Hmm, maybe I should have offered to help mount those big post in the hole?!
  #264   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 04:10 PM

Otto, who's hole are you moving poles through?

Seriously, every time I go to Home Depot, I try to go by the dry wall department. It seems like great sightings turf on weekday mornings!
  #265   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2004, 03:18 AM

traveller
Joe, the personal trainer

Every Friday I go to a gym in San Francisco for a massage appt. Today I arrived at the gym at 5 p.m. (unusually early for me) to work out before my appt. I happen to see Joe, the personal trainer, in the gym cafe where he's talking with some of his clients. I stopped by and talked to him about a cutting diet I plan to go on from August until September. During our talk, I noticed that he seems bigger than before. At around 5'8", he's currently 260 lbs. with lots of veins everywhere. He's definitely on his way to his 300 lb. goal (over the next year or two). I also noticed that he hasn't been shaving his chest lately. I'm sure he noticed that my eyes spent a little too much time gazing at his pecs.

As a teaser, I should mention that Joe's boyfriend, Matt, is even bigger than Joe. Matt is at most 5'10" (probably 5'9") and a fairly lean 290+ lbs. I think he's already past 300 lbs., but I haven't seen him in the gym in a while---damn long work hours interfering with when I can go to the gym. Matt makes Joe look smaller when they're side by side. Matt reminds me of a shorter (though not smaller) version of the wrestler Goldberg.

Seeing Joe today got me psyched about working toward hitting 240 lbs. lean.

Traveller
  #266   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2004, 05:05 AM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
... I'm sure he noticed that my eyes spent a little too much time gazing at his pecs.
And I bet he loved it! After all, isn't that part of why we all workout? To get those extra looks, glances, and, dare I say it, stares?

Quote:
... As a teaser, I should mention that Joe's boyfriend, Matt, is even bigger than Joe. Matt is at most 5'10" (probably 5'9") and a fairly lean 290+ lbs.
I'm amazed at the size of these two guys (and envious) especially given their height. Both of these men must be very impressive to see in person and up close.

Quote:
... Seeing Joe today got me psyched about working toward hitting 240 lbs. lean.
And we are all rooting for you. Good luck and keep on growing!
  #267   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2004, 09:19 AM

Traveller,
You are 240#'s, your trainer is 260 (at 5'8), and his partner is over 290? Good God, what is in the water down there!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'd like to see a picture of the 3 of you next to a normal sized person.
  #268   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2004, 11:06 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I'd like to see a picture of ANY of them, ANY where.

rpj
  #269   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2004, 11:19 AM

traveller
Quote:
Traveller,
You are 240#'s, your trainer is 260 (at 5'8), and his partner is over 290? Good God, what is in the water down there!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Brent,

My goal is to be at 240 lbs. lean, but my current weight ranges from 225-230 lbs.

I don't think I have the nerve to get a picture of all 3 of us at the gym. I'll see what I can find online. It'll take a while.

Traveller
  #270   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2004, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
I'd like to see a picture of ANY of them, ANY where.

rpj
Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller
I don't think I have the nerve to get a picture of all 3 of us at the gym. I'll see what I can find online. It'll take a while.
I don't think they make camera lenses that wide!
  #271   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 3rd, 2004, 08:02 PM

ottomun6
Quote:
Traveller,
Umm... in the mean time Traveller, could you send me some water samples?
  #272   Add to tonypal76's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2004, 10:22 AM

tonypal76
Beach Muscleboy Trio

Jones Beach, Long Island, July 3rd....central mall is where the muscle is most likely to be seen. on Saturday, a gorgeous day, saw what answer the question--what is the difference between a division 3 (nonscholarship) college boy athlete and a division one (the big time)? about 5-6 inches of height, about 25 pounds of solid muscle, and the personal training to achieve it. saw 3 jocks, 2 of whom were drop-dead handsome boys, w/ absolutely fantastic physiques. parking the car and getting out in the lot, each was wearing body-hugging, super tight t-shirts that drew attention to their buids...on the beach, of course, these came off and the fantastic musculature of hard-bodied young athleticism was there. found out they were college baseball players (and 2 football also) at a nearby Catholic D-I school--they had humongous delts, awesomely muscled arms knotted powerfully that rippled w/ every move, no fat at all but not guy-built six-packs as they were jocks, not bodybuilders...but the emphasis on weight-training has really paid off. they chatted up local beach girls who all loved them and the 2 best looking ones played beach football on the shore and in the water just to show off their great bods.
gotta get up to the beach more often...
  #273   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2004, 04:00 PM
LeatherGryphon

St. Petersburg, Forida July 2: Waiting in line in a convenience store behind a thick, wide massive back perched on a beautiful bubble butt about even with my belly, the butt was supported by thick, veined, tree trunk legs and the arms balanced everything perfectly. Then a huge muscular bear walks in the door. I tried but couldn't keep both of them in sight simultaneously. Sigh...
  #274   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2004, 10:58 PM

Notbigenuff
Cedar Point Amusement Park, Sandusky, Ohio--July 4:

Riding a "white water" type ride--the kind with the round boats (Thunder Canyon at CP). The rafts at CP hold 12 people not the usual six you often see on this type of ride.

Anyway, since there were only three people in my group we ended up sharing a "raft" with a couple other group's. One of these groups turned out to be not one, not two, not even three, but four young muscle men!

Since this was a ride guaranteed to get you wet shirts were optional and all four of these guys exercised their option. I think it was two sets of brothers as the two blond guys looked similar and the two dark haired guys did as well. All four were of various heights and degrees of development. The tallest (about 5'10") was a solid and ripped looking young man with well developed pecs, abs, and serratus--his arms probably pushed the tape above the 17" mark.

The other three weren't quite as developed, but were apparently working on it as one said he needed to stretch some because he must have over done his chest yesterday and his pecs were tight. So he bent forward and stretched using the center circular railing in the middle of the raft. He also then made a comment that maybe he should stay leaning over because a back as wide as his needed some space (he didn't say this too me, but to his seat mate another young man who wasn't part of their group but a single rider who clearly wasn't in the same condition of these four).

Well, I have to tell you all this ride was way too short for me and one of the best experiences I've had at an amusement park.
  #275   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2004, 11:34 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
You exercised the shirt option too, right? No point in you not adding your talents to the show.
  #276   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:51 AM

ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherGryphon
St. Petersburg, Forida July 2: Waiting in line in a convenience store behind a thick, wide massive back perched on a beautiful bubble butt about even with my belly, the butt was supported by thick, veined, tree trunk legs and the arms balanced everything perfectly. Then a huge muscular bear walks in the door. I tried but couldn't keep both of them in sight simultaneously. Sigh...
Shame you couldn't have your eyes move independently like a cameleon, then you could catch all the action at the same time
  #277   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2004, 12:04 PM

ottomun6
Beef at the Point

Quote:
Cedar Point Amusement Park, Sandusky, Ohio--July 4:
One of these groups turned out to be not one, not two, not even three, but four young muscle men!
..The tallest (about 5'10") was a solid and ripped looking young man with well developed pecs, abs, and serratus--his arms probably pushed the tape above the 17" mark.
The other three weren't quite as developed, but were apparently working on it as one said he needed to stretch some because he must have over done his chest yesterday and his pecs were tight. So he bent forward and stretched using the center circular railing in the middle of the raft. He also then made a comment that maybe he should stay leaning over because a back as wide as his needed some space Well, I have to tell you all this ride was way too short for me and one of the best experiences I've had at an amusement park.
Well I have to tell you, Notbigenuff I'm upset that you didn't drop everything and drag me to see this muscle-outing LOL
Next time just say "otto, I got a muscle sighting!" I will hear you from any part of the planet and will magically appear
  #278   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2004, 03:59 PM

disparity

I was walking downtown today, and saw these two guys shopping (obviously boyfriends holding hands, etc.) one was huge and built, the other one was tiny and thin. It was amazing to see the 2 of them side by side.
  #279   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:41 AM

2 sightings today:

1. This morning driving into downtown. This tanned buffed guy was in a tight blac polo with a logo on it that I couldn't make out. I wonder if he worked for a security firm?

2. This evening I was shipping a package on American Airlines. I saw this one built cowboy, waiting to check in. This guy must have been 5'9, and 240 #s, with a perfect V-taper. I never really thought of cowboys as sexy, but this one sure was. Also, when I say cowboy, the only flight out at that hour was one to Dallas, TX. I'm not talking about some guy from Portland, or Seattle, with clothes from Lucky, Diesel, Express Men, or anyone else doing the, "cowboy chic" look this season.
  #280   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:35 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
and unusual for Dallas!!! I was pretty surprised actually during my last 3 trips to Dallas how UNDER-developed most of the guys down there seemed. Now.... I'm not talking about Texas Cowboy ranch boys... whom I'm sure are all fine and buff... I'm talking Dallas City boys.... all short and fat or short and extremely skinny... but seldom in-between.

Similar observations I made while visiting Boston last year.... other cities, IMHO, seem to be more "buffed".... go figure.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options