The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
  #401   Add to kfarnz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:15 AM

kfarnz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notbigenuff
So, now we have big buff dancers, musicians, and newscasters (still haven't figured out the Detroit guy yet Ottomun6--but I am working on it). Any other big artistic types out there?
I'm not sure if I qualify as "big" (6'2", 205-220#) but I'm artistic... graphic design, stage performance, interior design, choreography.

Sorry to reply to an old post, but I'm new and just read it.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #402   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 18th, 2004, 05:40 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by claygrant
hey guys just made a trip to NYC and Philadelphia. In both cities I saw amazing muscle. Guys roaming the streets in sleeveless t-shirts with their huge arms for all to see. Almost all of these guys were ripped too - I could clearly see the muscle separations from across the street. What's going on?!
I knew it!!
A mad scientist has put something in the water and all the men are getting buffed!!
  #403   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 19th, 2004, 11:00 AM

ottomun6
Cool Stocky stockboy

Have mercy! I went to the supermarket and noticed a stockboy walking ahead of me. The first thing that screamed for attention was his calves, he was wearing shorts but his calves were BIG!! I would say they were probably around the 20" inch mark. After I finally got a hold of myself, I checked out the rest of him, he seemed to be about 5'8" and about 190-200 lbs, and some fairly thick traps, shoulders and lats seemed to be covered by his oversized shirt. Darn! why don't they just wear tight t-shirts as the uniform shirt, it would be so much easier to size up the guy.
  #404   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2004, 11:55 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Yeah, I've seen lots of those working at Trader Joe's. Thankfully their uniform shirt IS a tee-shirt!
  #405   Add to not2bright's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM

not2bright is on a distinguished road
I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but if you want to see some muscle, go to the Arnold Classic in Columbus every spring.

I lived in L.A. for nearly two years, and only ran across two not-even-A-list people. But two hours at the Arnold and I saw Arnold, Lee Labrada, Mike Matarazzo, Lou Ferrigno and Stan McQuay. And, of course, a good number of the attendees were muscular!
  #406   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM

My problem with bodybuilding shows (beyond the ones named after the evil Governator) is that everyone is in contest shape. I really like the off-season look, and seeing guys ripped to shreds just puts me off.

Nice idea though, and if you like 'em fat free, I'm sure it's the place to go.
  #407   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2004, 09:02 AM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
excellent point!

if you're into the"biggest damn thing"look;go to a bodybuilding contest&check out the AUDIENCE.there are lots of huge guys who can't bear the idea of losing an ounce.you'll often see men way bigger than anything on stage!
  #408   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2004, 03:11 PM

I hadn't even thought of going to check out the audience... I will check into finding a show when I get to LV. Thanx!
  #409   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2004, 08:17 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
if you're into the"biggest damn thing"look;go to a bodybuilding contest&check out the AUDIENCE.there are lots of huge guys who can't bear the idea of losing an ounce.you'll often see men way bigger than anything on stage!
I agree, I haven't been to many shows but of the few I've gone to I've found that the biggest guys were in the audience. Not in contest shape of course--but nice to look at in any event!
  #410   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:51 AM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
A new sighting today

Well today my gym was hosting an open house. Being that it was a holiday and all it seemed like there was 5x's as many people in the gym when I went. Past the older people and the teenagers one guy caught my eye.

He was a few inches shorter than me, but what he lacked in height he made up in shear bulk. This guy was thick! Wide defined lats with traps that surrounded his neck. I think every portion of his red athletics.com shirt was filled with muscle (and his legs were in as good as condition as his upper body). He was also fairly tanned and ripped, so my assumption is that he is a bodybuilding competator of some type. If he isn't, he should be.

Just thought I'd share the bright point of my day.
  #411   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
OutFest in Philadelphia

I was doing the political-thing in Philadelphia over the weekend at OutFest. Lots of good muscle around, but what caught my eye was two huge muscle guys walking down the street holding hands. It was very cute and sweet, and definitely not something you'd see in Pittsburgh.

(oh, as a native pittsburgher, this is about as close to saying something nice (publically) about Philly as you'll get ).

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #412   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2004, 12:09 PM

ottomun6
...what the?!?!

Corwin are you telling us that these guys were out in plain sight and holding hands?
It sounds like an episode of "Queer as Folk". Are you sure they weren't filming in the background?
This blows my mind
  #413   Report Post  
Old October 17th, 2004, 05:04 AM
LeatherGryphon

Spotted one really big guy at the ILSB (International Leathersir/Leatherboy) contest in St. Petersburg, Florida last weekend. The resort was full of hot men in muscles & skin during the day and muscle & leather after dark but this one guy caught my eye several times. He was only there for an hour or so on the last day and he was with other "out-of-place" people so I think he was just sight seeing but I hope he catches the bug and comes back.
  #414   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:08 PM

ottomun6
Help! My muscle-radar is turned up too high!

I was walking down a hallway today and just happened to home in on a musclestud. I think I'm getting to be TOO good at homing in on these muscleguys.
Because he had to be at least a hundred feet away AND there were about 30-40 people in between me and him. I sensed his build and locked on target without even trying. As he got closer, I confirmed his VERY studly muscle-jock stride and was momentarily stunned by the thickness of his upper body (about 5'9" and 215-220 lbs)
  #415   Add to Gabe123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 19th, 2004, 05:59 PM

Gabe123 has disabled reputation
Corwin are you telling us that these guys were out in plain sight and holding hands? It sounds like an episode of "Queer as Folk". Are you sure they weren't filming in the background? This blows my mind

You would be surprised how many times I had that kind of sight here in Montreal.

Well... not THAT many times, but maybe near 10 times I think.
  #416   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2004, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
Corwin are you telling us that these guys were out in plain sight and holding hands?
It sounds like an episode of "Queer as Folk". Are you sure they weren't filming in the background?
Yeah, I used to see the same thing a lot in Portland, and I don't think they ever filmed a TV show there other than Nowhere Man. I've been told that Las Vegas (yes, we're finally here) is a lot more conservative that way.

BTW, I like your muscle radar story. We need to come up with a cute name for it like
gaydar...
  #417   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 22nd, 2004, 07:29 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
congratulations on the move!

even positive ones are pretty traumatic.hope you&your mate are supremely happy.surprising,that with all the chorus-boys,the city is conservative.they went through a"family friendly"period a little while ago.hopefully,they'll get over it.please let us know when you've found a new gym.don't be afraid to shop around.the muscle-sighting potential is enormous!

Last edited by glammaman2000; October 22nd, 2004 at 07:32 PM.
  #418   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 23rd, 2004, 01:50 AM

Thank you.

Glamma, thank you on the congratulations! Rob (my husband) seems to like it here, and my mom is here, so I think the move was hardest on Kali (our cat). She's happy in her new home now, but the trip was very traumatic for her!!!

It has been an odd experience. We had to get rid of 90-95% of what we owned, to go from a big, old house, to a 1 bedroom apartment. However, it's been a great experience, and I'm glad we did it. The culture shock will be a major adjustment, as LV is rather "family friendly", and Portland made liberalism into an art-form. I'm also not sure why this city is so straight: in Portland, it seems like any guy would do anything for you if you wear a tight tee-shirt, but here, they mostly seem straight. So it'll be odd, but I've lived in Utah, and California. So I'm tough, and I'll cope. The upside is that there are so few taxes here it's crazy! They only take the little ones, like federal & FICA! Also, although it poured the first day and a half we were here, I got to wear shorts today, and I haven't had that since July!

It'll be an adjustment, but I think it'll be positive. Also, Nevada is a swing state, so I'm glad that we can add our votes here, as Oregon always goes Dem.
  #419   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2004, 04:37 AM

traveller
I have three sightings from this past weekend that still stick in my mind. The first one was at Gold's Gym Brannan in San Francisco last Friday evening. Around 6 p.m. I saw a muscle couple that had posted their profile on bigmuscle.com. I cannot remember their names since I tend to pay attention only to the pictures posted there. I believe the smaller one is a dentist and the other is a personal trainer in Florida. The dentist is nicely built on the verge of being 'big' in my view--I guess about 5'10"-6' at 200 lbs or so. His partner, on the other, caught my eye. I estimate that he's 5'10-5'11" over 220 lbs. with a big chest, big back and big arms (20"+). He's dark haired, hairy with a full beard---OH, SOOOOO NICE! Although I sadly noted that he had no legs, he's still my idea of a wet dream.

The second sighting was last Saturday morning in Santa Clara, CA at the WABF (?) Mr. America competition. One person in the Masters 50-60 yr. old division was a good-looking hunk around 5'11" who looked a lot younger. He was a perfect example of symmetry and balance for a chemically enhanced ectomorph. A guy from Gold's Gym in Campbell, CA (where I work out a lot) competed in the light heavyweight class. He's not my type, but his body certainly is--5'5", 200+ shredded pounds (cannot remember the light heavyweight weight range); thick and cut all over. Two guys in the heavyweight class caught my eye. One was a very big guy (~6', 230+ lbs.) who had relatively weak legs with no symmetry and limited posing skills. Another guy (~5'9-5'11", 210+ lbs.) had a nice symmetrical body, a beautiful smile, a practiced posing routine including carefully tensed 'relaxed' poses, and a good on-stage presence. My boyfriend liked the big personal trainer (from Gold's Gym Campbell) who sat across the aisle from us in the audience. I believe I posted a description of him in an earlier 'muscle sighting'. He's 5'10-5'11, thickly built, looks like a well-built football coach; I believed he gave up competing in BB competitions a few years ago.

The last sighting was last Sunday back at Gold's Brannan where I saw this gray-haired hunk who was ripped and nicely muscled for his height (~5'5"-5'6"). I wasn't sure if he was exchanging glances with me during my workout. At one point he did say "hi" to me as he passed by. He's a nice body to look at between exercises (but I cannot touch since my boyfriend definitely would frown about that).

Traveller
  #420   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Traveller's muscle sightings

Traveller,
You have a good eye. I recognized the first couple you described. They are/were? on BM as "Pumpinguyz" Don't know if they're still on.

Mdlftr
  #421   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2004, 06:01 PM

No, Pumpinguyz is no longer active.
  #422   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2004, 07:21 PM

ottomun6
Bad timing

Dang it! I narrowly missed bumping directly into a buffed up muscle stud today as I was stepping into the hallway. He was coming into the room just as I was stepping out. He may have been one the studs I spotted recently outside the building. If only my "spidey sense", er, uh muscle sense would have tingled a tad earlier. Maybe we could have had a collision and bumped pec-to-pec
  #423   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM

Otto, you and your darn spidey sense! You can really make me laugh, and I hope you can improve your muscle-radar-sense so you can bump into many local boys pec-to-pec!
  #424   Add to yls824's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2004, 09:52 AM

yls824 has disabled reputation
The Incredibles

OK, so I go to see The Incredibles at Union Sqaure yesterday with my straight friend (the movie was his pick). We get there and the theater is mobbed and we just make it in for the 4:10 show. There are two seats to my left with coats and stuff on them. These two guys come in after the lights dim, and squeeze by everyone in the row to get to those two seats (yes, they probably were the only two seats left!!) The guys were nice and apologetic for stepping on everyone. The one that ended up sitting next to me was very nice when he bumped into my soda, and I was like "that's OK."

So I didn't really get to see what this guy looked like until after he sat down and my eyes had adjusted to the light off the screen. I looked to my left and could see he had a cute face with flipped-up hair that looked like it was highlighted, at least in the front. Then I looked down and saw he was wearing a light sweater that looked like it fit pretty well. Actually, what I noticed was that his upper arms looked really good in it--not huge, but you could definitely see his arms were tight and the sweater fit tightly around them. I kept trying to look, without really looking, and at some point, I realized that [COLOR=Yellow]MR. INCREDIBLE WAS IN THE SEAT RIGHT NEXT TO ME[/COLOR], not up on the screen!!

After the movie was over, I lingered as long as I could, hoping the lights would come on. But they stayed off throughout the credits, so I had to get up and leave. Mr. I and his friend followed me out.m I stopped outside in the lobby to put my coat on, and they walked by me. Mr. I had not yet put his coat on, so now I had a full picture--he was about [COLOR=Yellow]5'-8", dark blonde hair with highlights[/COLOR] (normally the highlights would turn me off, but not here).

[COLOR=Yellow]OK, now the body--whew!![/COLOR] He was not huge, but he was definitely [COLOR=Yellow]muscular and very toned[/COLOR]. His [COLOR=Yellow]shoulders were wide and round[/COLOR], and the [COLOR=Yellow]arms and chest were ever so slightly stretching the sweater fabric[/COLOR]. He walked by me and I observed from behind. My God, talk about a [COLOR=Yellow]dramatic V-taper[/COLOR]--this guy had to have like a [COLOR=Yellow]29-inch waist[/COLOR] or something, and, of course, [COLOR=Yellow]the sweater just seemed to cling to his entire body[/COLOR], even down to the waist--no air in there! And a [COLOR=Yellow]tight little butt to match!![/COLOR] Then he put on his jacket--it was black leather with some sort of white side panels runing down under the arms. [COLOR=Yellow]Holy frickin crap--even his jacket showed off how broad he was at the top, and how narrow around the middle he was!![/COLOR] It was like seeing a morphed photo come to life! When I tell you how accentuated this guy's features were, I am not exaggerating. Yet, it did not seem so extreme that it looked too fdreaky, or unreal. Just the [COLOR=Yellow]perfect, INCREDIBLE, human specimen [/COLOR] who walked with just the right balance of confidence and modesty, as if to say "hey, I'm a nice guy, but don't mess with me."

My friend was like "what are we doing?" and I said I needed to use the bathroom (I really did, but this was worth the agony of holding it in). I wasn't exactly rushing toward the bathroom either (I think he knows by now when I am checking out someone). Alas, Mr. I just went for the exit, which was beyond the Men's room. Well, let me tell you, that was the best piss I ever took and, without a doubt, the [COLOR=Yellow]most memorable movie I've ever been to. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DVD!!! [/COLOR]

Uh, I got to end this; it's too much for me just writing about it!!!!
  #425   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2004, 11:54 AM

ottomun6
Thanks for for the great story Yls824,
It sounds like the guy probably had naturally broad shoulders to begin with and now he is adding more muscle to top it off. Phew! he is probably going to be a monster in a few years. (maybe he will be so wide that he will have his shoulders pushing into your seat in the future )

But can I make a little suggestion? Please don't use yellow in your posts in the future, it was very difficult to read. Ok bud?
  #426   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2004, 10:24 PM

I have to agree with Otto that that was a great Incredibles story, and that colored text sux. This site has several themes, and I like the lighter one, so yellow, grey, and white are virtually unreadable for me.

Also, I think my Incredibles sighting can beat yours: The security guy at the theater was a super-cute black guy, with a cute goatee, and wearing a tastefully light amount of bling. However, his muscles were WAY BIGGER THAN MR. INCREDIBLE'S!!!
He wore a tight (probably XXXL) yellow polo that said, "Security". It was only loose around his tiny waist! My friend Anthony, my mom, and I were all swooning over him (much to my step father's chagrin). I'm glad we both had a great time at the movies!
  #427   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2004, 08:08 PM

ottomun6
That does it Brent!
I'm on my way to Vegas to check out this XXXL security guard for myself.
But I should warn you that I'm going to cause a disturbence to get this guy to man-handle me out of the movie theater. Maybe if I belch loudly a few dozen times??
  #428   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:31 PM

He'd be worth the plane ticket, trust me. It was at the Regal Theater inside the Texas Station Casino. I don't know if he's there all the time, or if the firm that provides their security mixes up assignments, but I definitely wouldn't mind him hurting me!
  #429   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2004, 06:49 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
From my brief experience in Vegas I found that it's a great place to see lots of muscle. Did I ever mention the time that I saw Jay Cutler at the shops of Caesar's Palace? And he wasn't the only big guy on the strip that day!
  #430   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:08 AM

I haven't seen any pro bodybuilders yet, but I have seen a few guys that are a lot more built than me. I think it's because there are so many tourists here that you get a wide selection, and our proximity to L.A. Just a guess. Generally, I just look for the guys in yellow polos that say, "Security" across them, I'm starting to think it's a standard around here, not just one particular company.
  #431   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 23rd, 2004, 10:17 AM

Las Vegas' finest

During my little incident last Saturday, 2 female paramedics came to help me, then one old, overweight firefighter, then one more firefighter came in. This last guy obviously works out. I'd say he was 5'7, with 19" arms, and a very buffed chest. He was young, cute, blonde, and built. Despite the blood going everywhere, I kept talking to him, asking things like, "How long do you think it'll be until I can start working out again?" When the bleeding was under control, he took my vitals, not one of the girly paramedics! Everyone working in the store that day (except my straight male coworker that was slacking, so I don't count him) enjoyed having him in the store. I hope he liked the merchandise, and will come back regularly with his significant other!

- Zipper Head.
  #432   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 23rd, 2004, 05:45 PM

ottomun6
Vitals? hmm, sounds more like he just wanted to grab that big arm of yours and pump up the blood pressure cuff
  #433   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:48 PM

Otto, very funny! I don't think I was the only one trying to get their blood pressure read be him!
  #434   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 24th, 2004, 03:35 AM

mutador
Stock guy

I have one more about stock boys, only now he wasn't a boy, it was a man at the end of his twenties or in his thirties.
I saw this stock man in the supermarket next to my house, he must have been about 5' 11" o 6', in that supermarket they wear red polo shirts in the upper body and whatever they want in the lower body. He was wearing a pair of worn out dark turquoise jeans.
When I first saw him he was crouching, taking out packets of whatever from the boxes, and putting them in place. What first caught my attention was his arm that was clearly fitted for the polo shirt he was wearing, I was captivated by the thickness of his upper and forearm, I also noticed his chest was important and had some pecs showing, he also seemed to have a nicely wide back, not huge but it was very good in proportion to his body. His legs filled his denims nicely. His waist was thick and maybe was a few pounds overweight, he must have been definitely around 220 pounds or 100 kg... The guy had dark clean cut hair and naturally tanned skin. He had a nice masculine face with a straight nose and dark brown eyes.
He was not a bodybuilder but I think he had a naturally big body and maybe he had started to work out recently. I did whatever I could just to stay near the man without him watching me, even a security guard was suspcious of me lurking around so much....
I was also fascinated by the way he looked at things and how he worked, it seemed all so masculine to me.

well, hope I put this right, It's very hard to transmit the sensation I had in that moment, with just a few lines of text.

greetings
mutador
  #435   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 24th, 2004, 06:23 AM

Mutador, Yes you put it right. Sounds like a great experience. Why do I get the feeling you'll become a regular at that store? Also, you can ask stockers questions (since this is what I do, I should know) like, "where would I find brand X coffee?"
  #436   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 28th, 2004, 12:28 PM

ottomun6
I almost forgot about another muscle sighting I had a few days ago. I was moving some equipment on a cart and as a passed a set of tables, I happened to glance over at a guy walking to get through the tables. He had a snug fitting white long sleeve knit shirt or sweater. His waistline was pretty small, so I think he had to be about 20 years old.
I had to concentrate on continuing my business, but it was tough.
  #437   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 29th, 2004, 06:25 AM

Otto's experience reminded me of one that I was meaning to write about. I had just taken a huge cart full of cardboard & trash downstairs, and I was returning to the store, turning a corner, and I so this guy standing way off to the side, letting me pass. when I saw him, he was jacked, and in a gold mock-tee (think late 80's) with his hair done up nicely. He had apparently heard the cart coming, and got off to the side. Big, built guys tend to be a lot nicer than the cows that congregate in malls don't they?
  #438   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2004, 06:43 AM

Last night I was stocking a shelf, and one of the girls I work with comes up and says, "Hey, you have to check out these two guys that just walked in." So I follow her, and OMG ! One guy was plain looking, but totally jacked, and his friend was absolutely gorgeous, but not as big (still a LOT more built than me). After they left, I commented that God told me that I should quit my job, and stalk them. He told me to join the club, he and another male coworker were starting a club of guys that wanted to stalk those two! It was fun.

Brent.
  #439   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:04 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
all I can say is...

buah hahahahahahhaa.
  #440   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2004, 12:34 PM

ottomun6
Is it free or do I have to use a credit card to join?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options