The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
  #761   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:44 AM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
Wow! What a night... Just got back from ECW-Smackdown wrestling match in Christchurch NZ!

Wow those guys! Big and meaty! Batista is so awesome... one could only wish what they'll do (back in the hotel room) after tonight's match - other than sleep before flying over to Australia for the next 5 days tour!

I was lucky I got given free tickets - great seats too, near ring side on the floor - from my colleague whom her neighbour works at a hotel and had some tickets to give away to clients etc... And I was fortunate that she couldn't/wouldn't want to because of her son not feeling too well... So my partner, my nephew and me took the opportunity!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #762   Add to charmcitywop's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:22 PM

charmcitywop is on a distinguished road
Step One

Step One

I?m always running late for the 6 pm spin class at my gym on Mondays because I?m racing there after lifting at the gym at work with a trainer. I?m in the locker room trying to find an empty locker when I hear someone behind me says, ?Here I?m done, take this one?.

Turn around and it?s the best built guy at my gym (well from the waist up anyway). He is usually doing the last ten minutes or so of his weight routine while I?m in class. Of course I always try to get one of the bikes facing the weight room so I can watch the guys working out ? he?s definitely the star attraction. He must have finished up early that day.

I?m not the best judge of weight and stats, but I?d say his arms are easily 18 inches. Big, round shoulders. Very ripped and defined. Everything in proportion. Lots of tattoos, but they look good on him. Hair shaved to stubble. Ruggedly handsome. Always in a tank top that looks painted on. In fact, as he?s talking I realize he?s nice than I would have thought just looking at him.

He?s getting undressed and I?m trying to maintain eye contact and not fumble over my words as I tend to do in the presence of very attractive men.

I say something about always being late for spin class. He responses by saying, ?Yeah, I see you guys in there?. He added something about us being crazy. I take it as in the class is challenging.

I immediately start to wonder if this is his way of acknowledging that he?s seen me watching him. He doesn?t seem bothered if that?s the case.

I gestured towards his muscular torso and say, ?Well, you?d probably break the bike?.

Next step is getting his name.

Then getting him to flex those huge arms for me!
  #763   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:04 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitywop View Post
Step One

I?m always running late for the 6 pm spin class at my gym on Mondays because I?m racing there after lifting at the gym at work with a trainer. I?m in the locker room trying to find an empty locker when I hear someone behind me says, ?Here I?m done, take this one?.

Turn around and it?s the best built guy at my gym (well from the waist up anyway).
Sounds like a really nice experience, although from that quote the guy suffers from the dreaded "work the uppers and no lowers" disease...... all upper body and doesn't think about doing legs.

Shame....

D
  #764   Add to charmcitywop's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 16th, 2008, 06:21 PM

charmcitywop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter73 View Post
Sounds like a really nice experience, although from that quote the guy suffers from the dreaded "work the uppers and no lowers" disease...... all upper body and doesn't think about doing legs.

Shame....

D
Or perhaps my eyes just haven't made it that far down yet.

Saw him again today. In my rush I didn't get a bike facing the gym floor like I usually do. He wasn't even there when my class started and he's usually there like clock work everytime I come in. Thought he might be taking the day off, but he showed up about halfway through my class. I kept craning my neck to look out at him benching (must have been sooo obvious).

After my class I went back to the locker room to grab my stuff and sort of putzed around a moment or two to see if he'd come in. I gave up and headed for the door. Realized my keys were in my gym bag I stopped to fish them out. Dude walked into the locker room just then. Dang! If only I'd taken the time for a shower, but I was running to Homo Depot to buy a new grill.

Fun to fantasize that his timing was intentional though. Like he's aware of my admiration and was looking for more. Highly unlikely but a little thrill nonetheless.
  #765   Add to Faust2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:42 AM

Faust2001 is on a distinguished road
Studly neighbor

I was driving out of my neighborhood when I spotted a neighbor sweeping his driveway. He was just wearing a pair of revealing orange running shorts and sneakers. He looked just like Sean Patrick with short, dark hair, bulging in all the right places, and glistening with sweat. Good thing there was a speed bump so I could slow down and savor the sight. Too bad I'm moving in a week.
  #766   Add to NYCmscl4mscl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM
NYCMscl4Mscl

NYCmscl4mscl is on a distinguished road
Now that's a great line to approach them with!! I wonder if he would've been cool with feeling the bicep?? I would say, "WOW!!...Can I touch it?" and be ready to leave quickly if he was not into it.....but I have a feeling that straight guys who are secure in their sexuality--whether it be gay or straight--would be into being admired....or maybe that's just my wishful thinking ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiumfields View Post
Smurf Muscle....... No i'm not tripping..!

I saw an amusing sight today. On the way thru a train station today,i passed five guys perhaps no older than their late 20's. Four were bare chested and had their faces,torso's and arms painted a vivid blue and wore droopy white night caps and rather sexy skin tight white 'pants' of very thin material.Dressed up like smurfs and obviously going to some party or other lively event that involved alcohol [as they were already drinking cans of lager before London Transport bans it]. The last guy just wore a Smurfette wig and cap.

NE-hoo,...although all 4 of the bare chested 'smurfs' were quite muscular,two were positively huge..I got a good look at ones huge thick biceps and potruding pecs that were sharply defined by the blue paint.
They were in good spirits so i plucked up the courage to turn around and say to them 'You're too big big for real smurfs.What has Papa Smurf been feeding U.?' The big smurf turned around and said. "Steroids,coz i am Steroid Smurf"
and flexed his bicep.

[Yeah,i bet the other 3 were Studly Smurf,Sexy Smurf,Strong Smurf]
  #767   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:46 AM
The Opinionated Asshole

abbraxis is on a distinguished road
There's a big guy in one of my classes. And I mean BIG. Short but WIDE. He's a bit "puffier" then I prefer, but more like an off-season BB then a powerlifter.

Anyway, we're doing a "Speech to Demonstrate" and he said he was going to shoot video of someone he's training for a BB contest. He was going to show us good weight lifting technique and the mandatory poses.

Of course, he's absent a lot and missed the day of his presentation... so I don't know if he'll ever do it.

But it's certaintly good incentive to go to class!
  #768   Add to gymtoffee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:57 PM

gymtoffee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to gymtoffee
underground hulk

Guys, this is really something I could not wait to tell about.
Last Friday was on the underground, pretty warm here in London and a lot of hunks are around.
Now I am inside and I see this group of 3 girls and 3 boys running to catch the train. Immediately spot that the 3 guys are 3 hunky hot beefy specimen that we love. They all dress shorts, flipflops, tiny tops...
Almost all of them make it but as the last guy is approaching he stumbles in his flipflop which slows him down. Doors start beeping and almost close, he jumps forward and grabs the doors with his paws, slamming both doors open with a loud thud...
Now the doors on that line are quite sturdy and once they close it is fairly easy to stop them, but REALLY HARD to open them!!!
So he enters. Big, thick muscles all over. All 3 of them are seriously built but he looks like hulk, just not green. About 6'3", 250+,late twenties,or early thirties. Big feet, huge legs, tight kaki shorts, skintight white tanktop, massive chest and arms so big I was in awe. Face was literally stunning, short dark hair and a perfect stubble. Total Alpha Male.

Thought that was it and was savouring the candy, but no. They are all tipsy and friends start picking on him telling him he was slow because he is too big to run (true actually), also because his left flipflop is now completely broken, so it's unusable. Laughing at him going with 1 flipflop only, he laughs and takes off the other one, and with a quick movement and no effort he rips it in pieces (not sure how difficult it is but it looked easy) and says "Now am even, and feels more comfortable, aaaah".
Saying this he snogs his GF, while still towering her despite being barefeet...
Then he occasionally flexes to his friends and snogs his GF again (at that point I could have done if she would have been tired...)

Now I have this mammoth in front of me, barefoot, with muscles in full display, occasionally grabbing the bars and raising himself up. Flaring lats apart, ridiculous size, huge. American accent by the way...

Then we all get off at the same stop (I swear it is truly my stop), and follow them up the escalator and off the street. Amazing how confident cocky and sexy this mammoth was, standing barefeet and towering the world. Total Alpha.
On the street they were all walking towards a pub, after moments he was confronting the security guard who was questioning his non-footwear...and MANY people on the street were staring at him... also because he was TOWERING THE GUARD while barefoot!!! Too bad I was with a friend and had to leave!!!
  #769   Add to j663vax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:36 AM

j663vax is on a distinguished road
gymtoffee that sounds really hot,

There must be something about the underground in London!

I had similar last year when I went to the motor show, this huge guy sat opposite me with a real tight black t-shirt on, biceps were absolutely huge and a big pec shelf as well!!

Turns out he was going to the motor show as well, unfortunately got lost in the crowd in the show, but he was HUGE!

My muscle neighbour was out again yesterday on the way to the gym. He drives how from work topless i think as he only has combats on when he gets out of the van. Not so big this guy, but so defined.

Loving the summer so far!
  #770   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
over the weekend i found myself at the hollywood farmer's market. pretty uneventful i most say until i turned a corner and BAMM!!! there they were. 2 buddies (or a couple perhaps?) were walking in the direction that i had already come from. needless to say i lost interest in the vendors on the new aisle pretty quickly, so i turn around and go back to see if i could get a better look.
they were both in shorts and tanks, early to mid twenties i would assume, under 6' tall and between 180 and 215 (i know, i know sometimes i'm bad with guessing stuff like that). most muscle guys are at least a little attractive and let's assume again that these two were too (i'm not a face man so that's not what i was looking at) anyway, i think they were both ectomorphs with nothing super impressive (but not bad either- except one pair of naturally small/short bis) about there physiques other than: there walk (actually sexier than some pros) and their butts - one pair of which would bounce ever so nicely with each step. eventually we ended up going in opposite directions, but guess who i ran into at the gym only a couple of hours later!
  #771   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:52 AM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
Surprise at the doctor's office

So last week I caved in and went to the Dr after a week of battling sinus problems. I called in sick and then called the Dr office to see if I could "walk-in". They told me that my regular Dr had no openings, but Dr Richards did at 9:30am. I felt bad enough I didn't care that I didn't know who this Dr was. I got there and the nurse did her thing and said "Dr. Richards will be with you shortly". A few minutes later the door opened and in walked this really hot young muscular doctor. He's in his residency and had an intern with him. The guy was amazingly hot and looked familiar. During the course of the exam I noticed him looking at my arms, not where my sinuses are located... lol.

At one point I told him I had been using a nasal spray to clear my nasal passages. The intern said "just to get you through your work day?" I told him it was so I could breath when I lifted. The Doctor has his back to me typing on the computer and he turned and looked at me and said "where do you workout?". I told him and he said "I thought you looked familiar. I used to workout there too".

Now I'm caught in a delima of trying to find this guy so I can workout with him. He had on a nice fitting polo shirt and his biceps (while not huge) really sprung to life when he bent his arms, and his pecs were clearly visible.
  #772   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:00 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter View Post
So last week I caved in and went to the Dr after a week of battling sinus problems. I called in sick and then called the Dr office to see if I could "walk-in". They told me that my regular Dr had no openings, but Dr Richards did at 9:30am. I felt bad enough I didn't care that I didn't know who this Dr was. I got there and the nurse did her thing and said "Dr. Richards will be with you shortly". A few minutes later the door opened and in walked this really hot young muscular doctor. He's in his residency and had an intern with him. The guy was amazingly hot and looked familiar. During the course of the exam I noticed him looking at my arms, not where my sinuses are located... lol.

At one point I told him I had been using a nasal spray to clear my nasal passages. The intern said "just to get you through your work day?" I told him it was so I could breath when I lifted. The Doctor has his back to me typing on the computer and he turned and looked at me and said "where do you workout?". I told him and he said "I thought you looked familiar. I used to workout there too".

Now I'm caught in a delima of trying to find this guy so I can workout with him. He had on a nice fitting polo shirt and his biceps (while not huge) really sprung to life when he bent his arms, and his pecs were clearly visible.
Great story, thanks for sharing! I think I would have had to ask if the resident was planning on joining the practice. He would need some patients of his own...and well, you get the picture!
  #773   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:06 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
In the Atlanta airport Sunday evening I saw this totally huge guy, probably 6 ft., 300 lbs., who looked like a pro, down to the waddle, the shorts, the tank top, and the bald spot. Not one I recognized, unfortunately, although in terms of size and shape he was similar to Art Atwood. Had he been, I'd've gone over and introduced myself as a fan.

And, as it turn out, there WAS a guy from our gym on the plane, coming back to Buffalo from South Carolina with his wife and two adorable kids, a boy and a girl, probably ages 6 and 4. The dad is about my height but probably 20 lbs. heavier than I am, a bit more around the middle than he really needs but big and strong looking.

"Don't you go to my gym?" I said as I was sitting down. "Yeah, sure do," he replied. "6:30 a.m. You're the guy with the yogurt, right?" (And, yes, I usually stop and have a snack right before I leave the gym.)

Hartsfield-Jackson never fails me when it comes to eye candy!

xoxo

Richard
  #774   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
Great story, thanks for sharing! I think I would have had to ask if the resident was planning on joining the practice. He would need some patients of his own...and well, you get the picture!

I thought about it. I remember him from the gym now. The guy is not only great looking, but he has a very nice muscular build. He's not huge, maybe 6'1" or 6'2" around 180-190#. Very nice definition though. I'm never lucky enough to get a hot doctor or delivery guy, but the past week I've had two.

Yesterday I had a plumber come to check a leak in my water heater and he turned out to be a 25 y/o 6'4" lean guy. Very attractive except he needs to see a dentist. At one point he grabbed his shirt tail to wipe his face and I was standing close enough to see the veins in his abs... damn! Married with a baby, but one never knows.
  #775   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:36 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
yesterday was over at the century city mall. i'm walking back to my car for something and there he was, 6'-0"-6'-4" dark slacks light blue shirt with 18-20" arms you could clearly see even though the long sleeves were pretty loose. you could see his skin tight wife beater through his dress shirt. oh, and he was beautiful too (personally, i could care less but some of you out there love the 25 yo superman look) i think he works at the shaving store - on my way back upstairs he seemed to be the only employee around.
also at the brazillian restaurant i got an all too quick glanse at some bartender/waiter. maybe somebody from l.a. could corroberate my story?

oh. almost forgot, over the weekend i was in a vons (super market) and i here this guy walk in who was really loud on his cell. he passes by me to use the atm and i'm floored! older white guy salt and pepper hair, about 5'-9 or so, white t-shirt and shorts. massive torso over not so massive legs and a nice bubble butt! and for those of you who are into bellies his was quite ample.

these last two i've seen at the 24hr fit in hollywood: short black guy i think he looks like that amature porn star michael something-or-other but every time i see him all i can look at is his glorious buns of steel! then there's the stan mcquay look-a-like. ripped muscle everywhere!
  #776   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2008, 07:51 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Thumbs up Muscle Gawkers Anonymous

I am a self-confessing and avowed muscle gawker and plan to remain as such; have been a musclemaniac since early teens when I first hit puberty and had my first and most memorable orgasm on a bench in a community center locker room. WOW! I felt like Superman in the flesh and could not wait until my next one, which of course, wasn't very far ahead.

The simplest way is just asking questions about routines/methods/exercises/supplements that work for you and a willingness to share same with others...
  #777   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
a new guy started working in our office about two weeks ago. ahh, yum! the guy has some muscle. he's about 5-9 or 5-10 and probably weighs 215 pounds or so. his waist is 33 inches [somebody has to give a muscle queen award to levi's for putting the waist/inseam tag on the outside]. his chest is big and high, maybe 47 or 48 inches. and his arms have got to be 18 inches cold. add to this his blue eyes and long lashes and he's just a muscle hunk.

today he came in wearing a tight yellow t-shirt, that just would not contain his arms. sitting at the computer his unflexed biceps were big enough to push his sleeves up into the narrow spot where biceps meet deltoids. in our big, open office, with no privacy screens around our work stations, he's been a bit of a distraction for me.

my new website: www.falseyedee.com

my new ebook, a short story, is available at amazon.com. all my books are at at amazon.com as both paperbacks and kindle ebooks:
http://astore.amazon.com/muscleficti...ail/1452858519

for nook users, all 3 of my short story collections are available as nook ebooks!

my first 3 books are available as PDF files at gumroad.com.

www.musclefiction.com
www.falseyedee.com
  #778   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Yummy description of your new co-worker, Falseyedee. Now just keep sending "grow Grow GROW" thoughts at him and maybe he'll turn into a hulk! You seem to be good at making that happen!

xoxo

Richard

(looking forward to another installment regarding your friend the Muscle Man!)
  #779   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2008, 09:33 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Today at the gym, there was a majorly hot guy, far too hot for words. Roughly 5'8" and looked to be around 175 lbs, but he had what I refer as the "ripped to the shits" look, in other words, he was so super ripped that literally every muscle fiber was visible; "fat" wasn't in his vocabulary.

What got me, was that he was wearing an Under Armour shirt, that was about 4 inches too short on the bottom, revealing the bottom of his super hard 8-pack (like I said, "ripped to the shits"). Eventually, curiousity got the best of me, I and simply had to talk to him...

I don't have very many good ideas, but this was sure as hell is hot, a damn good one.

I walked over to him and asked him how he got that big, and yet so ripped still; he replied to me in a couple sentences in german, then realized his mistake and apologized in broken english. Continuing, he told me that back in school, he had been a weakling and always picked on (classic case, ain't it?) and so he started working out and all that nice stuff. He told me that the shirt he was wearing, was the one he had started working out in, and he said his goal was to be able to grow so big and rip it apart, merely by being that big. By this time, he had been working out for just shy of 4 years.

He is here in America on vacation with his family, and was mainly here to see Route 66. I gave him some directions (which he asked for) to where his family could find it around my area, and I also told him a couple interesting spots well worth seeing a bit off the beaten path.

As he left, I could have sworn he winked at me...almost like...he knew. The world may never know!

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #780   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
i accompanied my bf and his coworkers to a bar in the castro fri-day evening after work. it had been a long time since i'd been to the bar and i was sizing up the clientelle, trying to figure out the demographic. after about an hour, it became clear: it was where tall men with big noses went to find short men with big muscles! it was the most curious thing i'd ever seen, roughly 30% of the men there were 6' or taller, many with big noses, and roughly 30% of the men there were 5'-7" or shorter, many with big muscles. and all of those two groups were between 21 and 30. the rest of us, were a mixed group of of older, more average looking men, with a few lesbians thrown in for an authentically "butch" feel to the place.

one of the short men with big muscles was so striking, with such massive arms, that i'm sure he'll be making an appearance in a story some day. a guy like him has to be immortalized in prose.

my new website: www.falseyedee.com

my new ebook, a short story, is available at amazon.com. all my books are at at amazon.com as both paperbacks and kindle ebooks:
http://astore.amazon.com/muscleficti...ail/1452858519

for nook users, all 3 of my short story collections are available as nook ebooks!

my first 3 books are available as PDF files at gumroad.com.

www.musclefiction.com
www.falseyedee.com
  #781   Add to tjstoys's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM

tjstoys is on a distinguished road
A really special one today at the Grocery Store!

Living in Southern Florida hot guys are often the norm but today really got me going. I went to Publix (food store) and there was a guy wondering around kinda not seeming to know what he was doing and he had to be at least 6' 5 or so because I am a little over 6' 1 and when I passed him in the isle my eye level looked at his neck/chin area. I would guess he weighed in at about 250 -270 range and damn if he wasn't built like a brick house. Arms at around 20" or so and his chest just f$($% freaked me out. They so had to be around 55" or so. I have been staring at guys my entire life and looking at pictures forever and this guy had the hottest chest I have ever seen and it was in a white t-shirt and still beat every other chest. It so looked like a shelf made of boulders. I could have set a bottle of soda on it with no problem.
  #782   Add to kryptonmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:11 AM

kryptonmuscle is on a distinguished road
When I was in Canc?n 3 weeks ago, there was a dude there who had a MASSIVE chest. He was there with his girlfriend. I am 5'7, 218 and basically diesel (he was bigger) and I "happened" to be at the bar when he was. He started talking to me and saying how his girl said everyone was gawking at us and saying "steroids". LOL Well, I lifted with him down there a few days and little did he know I was getting off the whole time. And to top it off, he was a cop. We scared everyone out of the crappy gym they had. Was awesome.
  #783   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:50 AM

TheMM will chime on this soon, I'm sure! In the meantime:

Kryptonmuscle:

Pix, dammit, pix!

xoxo

Richard
  #784   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
This actually happened a few weeks ago, but I thought I'd chime in with it. As you might know from my previous comments, my school's general-use gym is shit. Most of the BIG dudes here are athletes, so they use the athletic gyms, which leaves the aforementioned pretty much devoid of anyone but ripped 180lbers and the like. So, imagine my surprise when I walk in one day to see a HOMG HUGE football player type messing around in there. A novelty, yes, but I would have pretty much ignored him past the introductory gasp and snuck glances if, during my 2nd set of power cleans, he hadn't come over. I was like, "Hoshit." He was atleast 6'3, probably a bit taller, and 240 or 250. His skintight underarmor shirt was stretched over a shelf-like chest and his arching traps, too. That's pretty much all I saw up close because he was standing RIGHT in front of me and I was afraid to look at anything but his face and what was directly in front of mine. :P He then started instructing me on my form, and told me to get rid of the tens I'd just put on because he, quote, "Don't wanna deal with no fucked-up backs tonight." x3 (It was about 10 minutes until closing). But, man... Always hoped something like that'd happen I didn't find him particularly hot, but still... Oh, and functional strength, too: he was doing high pulls, cleans, and standing military presses when I walked in. Kick. Ass.
  #785   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/p.../01704457c.jpg

Works at my gym and is buddies with me.
  #786   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xythan_shadow View Post

You are one lucky guy
  #787   Add to nolanspice's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:19 PM

nolanspice is on a distinguished road
And his name is...?
  #788   Add to nolanspice's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:20 PM

nolanspice is on a distinguished road
Red face ...and His Name Is...?

Quote:

fEEL FREE TO INDULGE...
  #789   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Writer and Lifter

Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
His name is Ty Young. Just turned 22 last week.
  #790   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2008, 01:44 PM

digger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
His name is Ty Young. Just turned 22 last week.
Damn, Xythan, I am totally envious. I love the pix of Ty on MD, especially of him posing in the lobby in that UnderArmor T-shirt.

I've been complaining to friends recently about having to work out at a gym where no one is serious enough to compete. In short, there is no inspiration, no one to chase. With one exception, my lifting partner and I are the biggest guys in the gym. This is a local chain, and at another location the level of lifter is higher. There is even one guy who *does* compete (and won his class recently in a local show). But at the location close to my office the guys are just lifting to stay "in shape."

Saw a guy on Sunday doing leg presses with a max of two wheels on each side (305 lbs including the sled). I think my arms are the size of his legs. Between sets he was stretching his calves. He had no idea what he was doing. It was also leg day for me. On the same exercise (leg press) I am now up to 1200 lbs for three sets of 10. Is watching this guy going to push me on to 1400? Probably not.

So you can see why having Ty Young around is like a dream come true.
  #791   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:36 PM

The usual:

P, D, P!

Plus stats: How tall are you, Digger? How much do you weigh?

xoxo

Richard
  #792   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Writer and Lifter

I do have to admit I am fairly lucky. While I don't work out with Ty or his buddies, I do get to talk with them often adn ask for any and all advice. The really good thing is I do have a workout buddy that is a lot bigger and stronger than me and we drive each other to get bigger. We both want to get up around 300 lbs, and just having that support system, him and the other guys who are working to get strong and huge is amazing.

Not to say that my gym is a hardcore gym. The majority of the people there are university twinks. They're just there to socalize or stay lean. Half of the time I wonder if they ever had any advice on a workout plan because they just do chest and biceps almost every time they're in the gym.

But, there are a few real lifters, and I'm glad to think of them as friends.
  #793   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:43 PM

digger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
The usual:

P, D, P!

Plus stats: How tall are you, Digger? How much do you weigh?

xoxo

Richard
Richard, you *know* me. We've exchanged IM here and we're friends on RealJock. I'm still 5'9-1/2" tall. Got up to 265 on a recent bulk, but I want to strip off some BF so I've adjusted the diet and reintroduced morning cardio sessions. Down to 258 now. Taped the arms recently at 19".
  #794   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Writer and Lifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
Richard, you *know* me. We've exchanged IM here and we're friends on RealJock. I'm still 5'9-1/2" tall. Got up to 265 on a recent bulk, but I want to strip off some BF so I've adjusted the diet and reintroduced morning cardio sessions. Down to 258 now. Taped the arms recently at 19".
I would like your realjock name so I can add you to my very short friends list.
  #795   Add to marmel's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2008, 08:55 AM

marmel is on a distinguished road
Smile

A few months ago I switched to a more
Quote:
hardcore
gym for a number of reasons, not the least being the opportunity to see some
Quote:
eyecandy
. Well there has been few opportunities for candy, but today was really great. I was working out in the pretty much empty gym when I noticed this young large guy warming up in the cardio area who looked well built but unfortunately covered up except for BB shorts. I thought that this was another of those almost opportunities. After 15 minutes or so, I am still working out, he comes into the workout area and immediately walks over to me and introduces himself to me and he asks me how long I've been working out there? I'm pretty much floored as this is about the only person who has initiated a conversation with me since I started at this gym, much less someone his age and condition (evident even under the clothes)!

Through out the rest of the workout, we continued to chat and I found out that he is 22 and used to be hugely obese. He said that he is 6'5" and used to weigh 364 lbs, but that in eight months, when he was 18, lost 190 lbs. Then he worked out and added 90 lbs of muscle to his present 254 lbs. He also added that since he lost so much weight, he needs to have surgery to tighten up his skin, but that he has decided to wait until he reaches the size he wants to be. He would like to be 295 lbs. of muscle and then tighten the skin. I asked him what triggered the change? He said that his dad took him to King's Island (a large amusment part in Ohio) and that he could only fit into one ride. He said it was a miserable day for him and soon after that something
Quote:
clicked
and he just started working out on his own. I told him that he has a great story and should be proud of his accomplishments.

We talked about lots more so it was really amazing to me as I am probably older than his dad. I hope we can continue to see each occasionally and I can see his progress. This was definitately a rocker of a day for me.
  #796   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2008, 09:04 AM

Awesome story, Marmel!

xoxo

Richard
  #797   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:57 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Cruise Muscle

I've just returned from a four-day Disney cruise where I was treated to good weather, good food, and a good bit of muscle. Of the passengers, there were a couple of built FDNY guys who I thought looked really good.....until I saw the play, "The Golden Mickeys."

t is somewhat of an Oscar show for the various Disney characters over the years. Well, I have to say that Tarzan has never looked so good: massive chest and arms along with HUUUUUUUUGE quads! I went back to another show where I was treated to the same actor in "Aladdin-type" clothes showing off his abs and and arms.

Following this performance, I was delighted to find out "all of the actors" would be available for pictures and autographs afterwards. After waiting about 30 minutes, I saw Mr Muscles appear but dressed as Aladdin himself (the wealthy one with all of the fancy clothes ). I mustered up the courage to talk with him anyhow but he remained in character (as there were many other guests around). If only the "crew gym" were open to the public....
  #798   Add to pecboi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 21st, 2008, 10:04 PM

pecboi is on a distinguished road
Home Depot Muscle

Spotted this guy at Home Depot last weekend. looked like he was waiting form someone out front, so of course I had to look at the grills lined up at the door! I had my phone out, so i was able to snap this picture as I walked up to the store. Small talk ensued, and I found out he had been working in construction. I asked him point blank how the hell he built a body like that doing construction, and he said he hits the gym as much as he can too. That was pretty obvious to me, but I had to get the conversation moving in that direction. I complemented him on his arms, which the picture doesn't do justice to. His triceps would flex and contort like something was alive in there and trying to get out! I was sweating and my heart was racing while trying to appear calm, but I think my voice was shaking some. I asked him how big the guns were, and this was awesome...he said he didn't know, but the reason he wore the sleeveless shirts was the had a hard time at work moving his arms in sleeves, because they're all so tight! I had to go sit down.

Last edited by pecboi; November 22nd, 2008 at 09:52 PM.
  #799   Add to therealm1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM

therealm1 is on a distinguished road
That's a great catch!
  #800   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 22nd, 2008, 04:06 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Pecboi, I think you should disguise his face as a courtesy since he doesn't know he's on the internet. He probably doesn't want his picture showing up on this type of message board--but maybe if you see him again you can talk him into it.

And, now that I'm done whining: Pecboi, I am so fucking jealous of you, man.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options