The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
  #281   Add to tonypal76's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2004, 07:59 AM

tonypal76
in my experience the northeastern hunks are nearly all Italian and Irish, a few Greek....there's just a culture of male muscular beauty in these groups. a Red Sox or Yankee game brings out the hunks and when it's a sunny day the tight t-shirts come off, it's awesome.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #282   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2004, 08:15 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Northeastern Hunks

Tony,

You've called that one! I remember seeing some really built Italian guys in school! Most of them were short, say 5'6" or so, but the shortness made their muscles seem that much bigger! The one Greek guy I knew went on to win a state bodybuilding title-he came in 2nd in the short class to a guy that went on to become a pro bodybuilder in the 1980s! That short, thick muscle--especially the chest and arms! [Kinda like Franco Columbo or Franco Santoriello, or Mike Dragna!!]

Yowza!

Interestingly enough, most of the Irish guys I knew were tall and lean, not that much noticeable muscle- at least not in high school. Now, of course....it's a different story!

Mdlftr

Last edited by Mdlftr; January 23rd, 2013 at 08:22 AM.
  #283   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2004, 10:37 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
yeah well... my Boston observations were probably tainted by the fact that I was there for work and most of the people I work with are office-type and much older than I am.

I'm sure there are some hotties up there they're just a little bit more conservative. :P
  #284   Add to ashleydelfin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 8th, 2004, 11:41 PM
=^^=

ashleydelfin has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to ashleydelfin Send a message via Yahoo to ashleydelfin
On the bus

Hey!

I had to tell you guys this one. I was on the bus going downtown when this sort of cute boy comes in, I think he was about 15 or 16. Anyway, since there are no seats he has to remain standing and he does, right in front of me. So then I notice his arm, which is not that big. But then he flexes and his bicep just pops up. At first I thought he was just flexing because the bus had stoppedand he sort of had to hang on, but then I noticed he just kept on flexing and relaxing his arm and his smile kept getting wider. So then the bus stops again and he takes the opportunity to turn around and hang on with his other arm. Wow, great pecs. I'm just happy he was too entranced with his own bicep and didn't notice me staring.

I think he has big plans for those arms.

~Ashley
  #285   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:55 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleydelfin
I'm just happy he was too entranced with his own bicep and didn't notice me staring. ~Ashley
Why didn't you want him to notice you staring? Are you not single? Maybe you would have got his phone number then? Also, I bet you are right, I bet he has big plans for his arms as well.
  #286   Add to ashleydelfin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:51 AM
=^^=

ashleydelfin has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to ashleydelfin Send a message via Yahoo to ashleydelfin
Hee hee hee...

Well... I'm sort of shy when it comes to meeting guys, and I guess at times I feel people do not get why I like muscles that much (I've tried explaining to a few of my friends and they're like "okay... i don't know WHY you like them that much, but okay"). Also, he was kind of young... I'm really looking for someone around my age.

But yeah, the main problem here is shyness. I wouldn't have known how to react if he HAD noticed. I probably would've just did something stupid like with my high school crush and fall flat on my face or something. -_-*

~Ashley
  #287   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:26 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
More, more, more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
Well I have to tell you, Notbigenuff I'm upset that you didn't drop everything and drag me to see this muscle-outing LOL
Next time just say "otto, I got a muscle sighting!" I will hear you from any part of the planet and will magically appear
Too bad I didn 't know of this before I left on my recent vacation to Las Vegas (just got back today). My first time out there and I wasn't disappointed...

Sightings started at the airport with a couple of newlyweds on the same flight--the husband was wearing a shirt that showed off his arms nicely.

While shopping at the Forum shops I am pretty sure I saw pro-bodybuilder Jay Cutler sitting on a bench waiting for his wife! I was with people who don't really know that I have a thing for 'muscles' so I didn't say anything to him to confirm who it was--but I'm real sure it was him. Not too many guys out there who are 5' 9" and about 250+ lbs and pretty well cut too!

Lots of other good looking well built men all over Vegas--the heat just makes everyone put on their best muscle shirt I guess.

And coming back from my trip in the airport was yet another newlywed who probably could have given Jay a run for his money. Watching the biceps on this guy swell as he effortlessly lifted his luggage off of the conveyor belt *shudder* He was about 5'8" but I would guess that he weighed well over 220 with arms in the 19" range and a chest that could easily fill a 2x shirt. Plus, he was wearing shorts and it was clear he didn't neglect his leg training.

All in all, a good trip!
  #288   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2004, 09:25 AM

Las Vegas

I know what you mean, every time I'm in Las Vegas, there is eye-candy everywhere. That isn't why my husband & I plan to move there soon, but it is a nice perk. NotBigEnuf, once we are settled, you should come down and visit.

ashleydelfin,
Tell your friends that don't understand why you like muscles so much, is that it is a part of your orientation. Some guys like girls, some guys, like skinny guys, some white guys only like black boys, and you like guys with muscles. Just because your friends don't share your particular fetish, doesn't mean that they don't each have one that is just as strong. It' can also be like a game, try to find guys that you will drool over...
  #289   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:45 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Summer movie muscle sightings.....

Just wanted to add my two cents:

I went out to the movies both days over the weekend, which is very unusual for me. Usually I just rent DVDS--much cheaper! Anyway....

I was waiting in line to see Spiderman 2. (Good flick) When I noticed this very striking Hispanic couple behind me in line. She was about 5'4" with long dark hair, pretty face and boobs that looked they were about to spill out of her low cut tank. He was about 5'10", maybe 190# with a really THICK chest and arms. He was wearing a white muscle undershirt that was VERY tight around his overdeveloped pecs. The areaolas around his nipples were visible through the thin white stretched fabric on the front of his chest. The arm holes were cut so big that I could see his pecs arching out from his chest and leaving a 1 1/2 inch shelf overhanging his abs! His bulging arms had the kind of biceps that start right at the elbow crotchand swell out in a thick ball up to the shoulder, while his triceps had some heavy horseshoes! He also had thick , curly black hair, heavy eyebrows and a 'stache. WHOA!

The other sighting was also a Hispanic guy, this one with a shaved head a some small 'tats. His arms and shoulders were very nicely muscled through the skimpy wife beater white t he was wearing. Looked good!

Maybe I should start going out to the movies more often.......
Mdlftr
  #290   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2004, 10:42 AM

claygrant is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to claygrant
This thread could go on forever, thanks to all those guys who workout so hard in the gym! I was at an amusement park over the weekend and I got to see plenty of well armed guys in tanks and sleeveless shirts. The more interesting finds were big guys who didn't wear clothes that showed off their muscles. One guy I saw was wearing an oversized t-shirt, but if you looked carefully you could see how big and developed his arms were. The sleeves of his shirt were loose, but underneath you could see his clearly separated bis and tris. Somehow that's more attention grabbing to me, partly because I'd feel more comfortable going up and talking to someone who isn't blatantly showing off.

Unfortunately, for ALL of the guys I saw, they were with their girlfriends. Not even in large groups; just two of them together. Strange, huh?
  #291   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2004, 11:35 AM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Muscle at Arby's

A small group of co-workers and I went for lunch at Arby's the other day (only one woman in the group knows I'm gay). I'm wearing an athletic cut long sleeved sportshirt that isn't tight but still shows my build. About 15 minutes later, while we are talking and joking, I noticed a guy standing up at the next booth. He looked to be about 19-20 years old and had a muscleshirt on. Yep, he has a nice build on him(about 5'8" and 170), not big...more athletic jock than bodybuilder. He walked past me, and I happened to notice him scanning my chest/arms as he passed. Even tough I'm still talking with my friends, I'm thinking "hmm, I hope he's not leaving!". Then, another minute later, another stud puppy stands up from the booth, and he is decidedly taller, tougher looking and more heavily muscled than the first guy (about 5'11" and 215 lbs). I casually looked at him to get his attention as he passed, but no luck (DAMN! , I should have flexed or something).
Oh well, later after we got back to work, I managed to ask my friend if she noticed the two studs that at the restaurant. She chimed in and said "OH!! YEAH!! , I saw BOTH OF THEM!!" . As we were talking about them, a woman that dosen't know about me being gay asked what we were talking about. We told her and she goes "Oh my gosh!! I thought I was the only one that saw those muscles bulging out!! "
P.S. Mdlftr, I agree Spiderman 2 is a good movie!

Last edited by ottomun6; July 12th, 2004 at 11:43 AM.
  #292   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:58 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
today at the store was probably my best muscle encounter so far. He's wearing a blue sleeveless shirt, and kind of looks like Boston Rob from Survivor only MUCH thicker...he was probably around 250 or so. not cut, but bulky, smooth, and hard-looking. HUGE arms, thick chest, and a round pauch to his belly. eventually, he goes to buy a cd and I start to ring him up... this guy is just amazing, so I decide to spark up a conversation with him, see if I can get him to talk about his muscularity a bit.

I tell him his sleeveless shirts looks good on him, and he says it's great to wear when it's hot like this... I say it also shows off year arms really well. I then ask if he works out a lot, and he says he's just getting back into it, he had been slacking over the winter...I say he's looking good (at this point I can't believe I'm this far along). he says it's going well except for this (he pats his medium sized gut). I said it looks fine and that you wear it well... I then ask how big his arms are, because they really look good. he says he's not sure, he hadn't checked them out in a while, but last time he measured they were 19''. at this point, I'm mentally gasping for breath... So I ask if I can see how big they are flexed, so he busts out this absolutely gigantic right bicep shot. this thing just swelled up like a balloon, it was perfect for how I like them... big, round, beefy.

I wanted to reach out and touch it, but I figured this guy might be suspicious that I'm checking him out. Man, i wish he would have stayed longer though

i love working in retail
  #293   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
What I did on my summer vacation

Got back from San Francisco where, as you may know, I was at JavaOne and then the ACLU membership conference. Anyway, got to meet up with Traveller while I was there. He's a really great, nice guy and frick'n huge! When he says he's got 19 inch guns, he ain't lying. He's a total mass monster. Maybe next time I'll have time to workout with him

T, Thanks for taking the time to hang out!

Scott

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #294   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:47 PM

traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
... Anyway, got to meet up with Traveller while I was there. He's a really great, nice guy and frick'n huge! When he says he's got 19 inch guns, he ain't lying. He's a total mass monster. Maybe next time I'll have time to workout with him
Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I have "bigarexia" because I think I have still have some more muscle to add. Next time you're in San Francisco, I'll make it a point to drag you to Gold's Gym SOMA to work out when the major eye candy fills the gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
T, Thanks for taking the time to hang out!
Scott
My pleasure. I really enjoyed hanging out in San Francisco with C. and you. If you ever decide to go to Las Vegas or Columbus for a major bodybuilding event, e.g., Mr Olympia or the Arnold, I'd love to join you there and hang out. During the Mr. O., the men's spa at Mandalay Bay and the beach/pool area are great places to see prime slabs of beef.

Regards,

Traveller
  #295   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 17th, 2004, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller
... If you ever decide to go to Las Vegas or Columbus for a major bodybuilding event, e.g., Mr Olympia or the Arnold, I'd love to join you there and hang out. During the Mr. O., the men's spa at Mandalay Bay and the beach/pool area are great places to see prime slabs of beef.

Regards,

Traveller
My husband & I are planning to move to Las Vegas in Oct. So after that, I'm all for checking out shows! I don't remember anything in the vows against LOOKING!

Brent.
  #296   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 17th, 2004, 12:36 PM

traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
My husband & I are planning to move to Las Vegas in Oct. So after that, I'm all for checking out shows! I don't remember anything in the vows against LOOKING!
One thing I don't like about the Mr. O. is that they claim they're sold out at the door, but inside there are hundreds of empty seats. Also, they seem to allocate the worst viewing sections for people to sit--IMHO better sections were left empty. However, it was nice to see prime professional beef at the show and around Mandalay Bay, especially in the exhibit halls.

After you move to Vegas, maybe we could work out together if I'm in town to see a BB show? Then you won't have to suggest I post my pix.

Traveller
  #297   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 17th, 2004, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller
After you move to Vegas, maybe we could work out together if I'm in town to see a BB show? Then you won't have to suggest I post my pix.

Traveller
That would be awesome, I bet I could learn a lot working out with you. I can't wait to get down there where you get fun events & stuff. Portland is too far away from LA to get many good shows like that.

If you really want me to stop hinting at posting pics, I will after this one last request: I bet there are a lot of newbie lifters here that would like to see what it's like to be your size. I think many of them would find it encouraging, and I always encourage anyone I can as much as I can (to ensure a good pipeline of future eyecandy...) There that's it, my last suggestion of you posting pics (or at least until you let me know you are ready to).

Brent.
  #298   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2004, 06:18 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
LAX MuscleMan

Hi, all. I'm a regular here...regular lurker that is. I've enjoyed this forum and all the different threads so much, I thought I'd make a contribution for a change.

I was in LA on business last week and headed home on Friday. As I'm walking toward security after checking in, I pass this mountain of muscle in the check-in line. He was obviously a competition-level bodybuilder (who looked A LOT like Mike Morris). About 5'7 or 8", in the neighborhood of 250 pounds, and BUILT! (looking at Mike Morris's website http://www.bigmikemorris.com/ , I'm pretty sure it was him).

He was wearing a white button-up short sleeve shirt with the buttons open to just below his chest....WOOF! He had a set of very full pecs with a lot of depth between them...and one of those really tight, really deep little triangles formed by the inside corners the pecs and the top of his abs. I think I read somewhere that the sharper the triangle edges the lower the body fat...whether it's true or not this brute's skin was paper thin and he more than likely had popped those buttons as opposed to just left them open. If you haven't figured, I'm a chest man though I'd have to have been blind not to see the boulder shoulders and arms on this man.

It dawned on me as I was walking way that I had this man by about 9" in height (yes I'm 6'5") and only about 25 pounds...what a bull he was!!!

OK...back to the shadows.

Lucas
  #299   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2004, 09:00 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas88

It dawned on me as I was walking way that I had this man by about 9" in height (yes I'm 6'5") and only about 25 pounds...what a bull he was!!!

Lucas
6'5 and 275 lbs.? Yowza! Post some pix, dammit!

rpj
  #300   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:26 PM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Hi, all. I'm a regular here...regular lurker that is...It dawned on me as I was walking way that I had this man by about 9" in height (yes I'm 6'5") and only about 25 pounds...what a bull he was!!!

Lucas
Lucas, but do feel free to come out of the shadows whenever you like--especially with sightings like this one. Welcome to the light bud!
  #301   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2004, 06:32 AM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
6'5 and 275 lbs.? Yowza! Post some pix, dammit!

rpj
no shit! I'd like to see that one, thank you very much... talk about something for me to aspire to.
  #302   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
no shit! I'd like to see that one, thank you very much... talk about something for me to aspire to.
Part of that 275 lbs. could be fat, so maybe that's why he doesn't. Even so, please post a pic.
1. You have us all salivating.
2. We are all at various stages of development, and I guarantee that you will only get positive comments from the regular members.

Welcome in from the dark, please stay and visit for a while.

Brent.
  #303   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:38 PM

You'll be sorry!

[color=#ffffff]Wow! Thanks for the welcome guys (and the drooling? undeserved but great for the ego!). I?m not too comfortable with the chat / forum styles of communication, yet, (I like eye contact) so bear with me.[/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]Rpj, [/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]Sorry, no pictures until I get a scanner or a digital camera or something?and then I?ll have to think about it. But I did add my stats (and goals) to my profile. I figure this imaginative group can visualize. I?ve always been big, physically active, and pretty solid but not really ?muscular? or defined. I?ve just started lifting regularly about a month ago to see where I can take things. The measurements are as of yesterday (7/20) and they?re cold measurements. Based on my extrapolation of the ?ideal measurements? talked about in one of the other threads (there are no charts that go to 6?5?), I?m actually where I?m supposed to be at my weight with the exception of the waist (stress eating SUX!). I want to tweak some of those numbers a little in real life and kind of ?squeeze? things in the middle to make them bulge at the top and bottom (read bigger legs, not ass?the ass is okay)?we?ll see about the rest.[/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]Notbigenuff,[/color]

[color=#ffffff]We?ll also see how bright that light gets and whether I can stand the glare or not?or you guys can stand letting this genie out of the bottle. While I work with computers and business systems, I?m just looking at the chat / forum pages for the first time and it?s still a little strange to me. I tend to get a ?little wordy? when I write so YELL if I get too carried away. And, like I said earlier, I like eye contact. I?m a very visual person and read eyes and body language instinctively?I?m way out of my element here.[/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]BUT, as for sightings?I?ll be doing a lot of traveling to LA and Dallas over the next couple of years (like 2 to 3 trips a month?OH BOY!) for a new project and am always on the lookout for some prime muscle. In LA, I?ll be near the beach so I?m really looking forward to some So Cal eye candy. I?ll keep you guys posted. ACTUALLY?on one trip I sat next to the guy that played the LumberJack or the RedNeck or something on Battledome a while back?HOLY SHIT! TV did NOT do that boy justice!!![/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]Ethernet_jock,[/color]

[color=#ffffff]You?re a big guy in your own right?I can?t look eye-to-eye with many people without a neck ache?but I?m not talking just about physical size. From what I?ve read about you and from you in the threads and on your web page, I think you are your own worst critic these days. We have a lot in common INCLUDING size but don?t aspire to be me or even like me. Aspire to be the best you can be. You?ve got one hell of a heart?put it to work for you. It knows what your strengths are and what your weaknesses are?listen to it. Set your goals and take it one day at a time and you?ll get where you?re supposed to be.[/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]Brent,[/color]

[color=#ffffff]YOU ARE A CHARACTER! [/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]??could be fat?? Don?t pull your punches on the new guy, just give it to him right between the eyes![/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]?COULD BE I?M JUST SHY, TOO! But I guess if you?ve stuck with me this far, you?re not going to buy that. I really and truly don?t have the right equipment to post pictures.[/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]I?ll admit, I have some padding and some pounds I?d like to shift north but to be honest, I?m what you call big-boned and solid. The few times I?ve tried to hit the weights, the body and metabolism seemed to respond pretty well?circumstances never allowed for much consistency, though, so I?ve never really been able to take it very far. A bodybuilder buddy of mine from high school wanted to see what kind of a monster he could turn me into back when we were both home from college (a FEW years ago) only my metabolism from hell wouldn?t let me get past 200 pounds. That?s obviously not a problem anymore so I figure I?ll give the monster thing a try (naturally, though).[/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]When you?re my size you tend to attract attention just by walking in a room (or when someone bounces off your chest, right Ethernet_jock) so I?m not one to really seek out the spotlight (though I seem to be doing okay with that here?maybe another kind of monster is in the making). Sometimes people have a hard time seeing past the size, though, and I wonder what it would be like to be ?just another guy? instead of a head taller and half again as big as most people in the room?but I only wonder for a little while?sounds like a ?grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side? muscle / height story?[/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]I bet you guys are ready to kick me back to the shadows?I told you I get wordy when I write![/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]Anyway?thanks for the welcome and I?ll keep an eye out for more muscle in my travels. I promise the ?reports? will be much briefer in the future! [/color]

[color=#ffffff] [/color]

[color=#ffffff]Lucas[/color]
  #304   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2004, 01:01 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
nothing wrong with being wordy, i tend to do that too...glad to have you with us, a great forum is always made greater when it has more regular contributors. and I agree with the rest, pics man! and aren't airports the best place to see great muscle?...well other than the gym I guess.
  #305   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2004, 10:35 AM

ethernet_jock
lucas!!! Great to have you as a new member man. I tend to be wordy as hell too and I've had to learn over the last couple years to tone it down considerably in order to get my point across in some of these forums. Some people like the wordiness and others will just skip your post because they're too anxious or whatever to read it all. Pick your happy medium, but your most recent post I thought was just fine... not too wordy at all.

Aspirations and such... I don't aspire to be anybody but the person who I wish I was. That doesn't include any specific person but it's more or less someone who would be honest, kind, gentle, cool-tempered, loving, and strong. If I were to aspire to be something about you, what I meant was to have a body like yours. There's no doubt that I am my own worst enemy and worst critic, I'm aware of this and I'm also somewhat aware that my self-criticisms are usually out of line. Regardless, I seem to keep doing it and most of me somehow still believes what I say about myself. I don't get it and I probably never will. I am proud of what I have gained and achieved so far in my life, but I still feel like I'm:
a.) Way behind in body and achievement (what? I don't know)
b.) not nearly as good of a person as I would like to be.

Go figure...

RE - other stuff - I get embarrased and feel guilty when someone accidentally bounces off my chest... but yes, it DOES happen. LOL Do people notice me when I walk into a room because of my generally large size? erm.... I don't think they do... but that may file back into the "ignoring things in favor of hating myself" bit.

Otherwise you'll NEVER hear me complain about being tall or big except maybe in the case of Airline seats, low staircases/hallways with hanging pipes and i-beams that collide with my forehead, and otherwise fitting into any given small space. I have definitely wished I was "just another guy" before, but not really in terms of size, but more in terms of circumstance. I love my life as it is now, but there are things that I would definitely like to delete from my memory and replace with something happy and loving.

Rambling on - Airline Seats.... don't you HATE that shit? I swear to god those damn things are made for munchkins. I can't sit in an airline seat without my shoulders pushing out over the edge on BOTH sides and without my legs contorted just to fit somewhere under the seat in front of me enough that I can stay seated. And then... sit and hold that position for the 4.5 hour flight to boston and see if you can move your legs when it's time to get out... oh and remember to duck while walking in and around the airplane too. Argh... I hate flying.

ANYhow... welcome and thanks for the nice words!

EDIT -----

I just read over your profile. Jesus H Chr.... you have 19" arms?!?! a 52" chest?!? and you're comparing yourself to ME?!?!?!!!!

* jaw drops openly and deer-in-the-headlights look ensues upon my face *

Last edited by ethernet_jock; July 20th, 2004 at 10:40 AM.
  #306   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:20 PM

ottomun6
Big men in a small world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
Rambling on - Airline Seats.... don't you HATE that shit? I swear to god those damn things are made for munchkins. I can't sit in an airline seat without my shoulders pushing out over the edge on BOTH sides and without my legs contorted just to fit somewhere under the seat in front of me enough that I can stay seated.
Hey !! who you calling a munchkin? I resent that as a card carrying member of the Vertically Challenged Society of Northern America! Don't make us climb a ladder and punch you in the kneecap LOL!
Actually EJ, I haven't flown for a few years, but I remember how uncomfortable the coach seats were for me (I was about 200 lbs back then) I'm not really huge, but it can be rough trying not to knudge the other passengers. But secretly I was impressed that I took up that much room. I felt bigger than the normal sized man.
I'm surprised they haven't done something about seat size by now, you SHOULD be pissed!

LUCAS88, welcome on board! if you are concerned about your physique, try taking a few different angles and wear a tight shirt.

6'5" at 275? hmm...another giant seeking to build muscle size, somehow it seems unfair for us munchkins
  #307   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2004, 09:51 PM

Notbigenuff
Lucas,
I understand the feeling of being out of your element. Oddly enough I work with computers all day long and just started to get into the whole message board/IM type thing. But, I think I've got the hang of it and am having a great time. I bet you will too.

BTW--I agree with EJ, impressive stats, man!

And Otto--us mid-sizers would be happy to help the munchkins get a little higher than the kneecaps. One good hit in that area and the giants will be brought down to size

Just kidding big guys, I love tall men too!
  #308   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2004, 01:05 AM

claygrant is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to claygrant
Guys, thanks for posting regularly. While I was driving today I kept thinking about being my "own worst critic" as lucas and EJ have mentioned. I realized how so much of my mood depends on how I feel about myself, especially on days when nobody's made a remark that elicits a change in how I think about myself (i.e. a compliment or criticism). I don't know if that made any sense.

So I decided to try being my own best buddy instead of my own worst critic. It's tough to be so positive, since I'm naturally humble and self-deprecating to the point where friends have told me not to let people step on me. I went to the gym today with a smile on my face instead of a grim look (somewhat of a defense mechanism and a way to set my mind focused on the workout). I looked around and asked people if they were done with equipment, even if they were standing far away from the empty seat/bench. I felt more at peace with everybody at the gym - we were all there to better ourselves! And at the high point of my workout, I looked up at my reflection: sweat on my face, my whole body warmed up, my arms looking bigger than I had remembered. I didn't want to be anywhere else.

I guess to keep on topic, that was my muscle sighting for today - myself!
  #309   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2004, 04:28 AM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by claygrant
Guys, thanks for posting regularly. While I was driving today I kept thinking about being my "own worst critic" ...I guess to keep on topic, that was my muscle sighting for today - myself!
Claygrant, it's amazing how much of a difference a little change of attitude can make, isn't it? And how fun it must have been to be your own "muscle growth" sighting for the day. I know I love it when the size of my muscles sometimes takes me by surprise (doesn't happen often enough though).

Keep your chin up and that smile on your face!

#310   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2004, 06:44 AM

ethernet_jock
maa tanuvasa's little big brother??

heh.... I love you guys...

Returning to real muscle sightings - Maa Tanuvasa's little big brother?!? Well... probably not, but he sure could have been.

If you don't know who Maa is, you can link a little bit about him here Maa Tanuvasa

So anyway, we're eating at our local two bit family owned pizza joint last night, and in walks this GIANT of an islander man, beautiful copper toned skin and exquisitely defined physique. This guy was like seeing a pro surfer dude in Colorado... something you never see. Maybe 24-28 years old, about 6'5" and I'd give him maybe 240-250lbs of pure rock solid hard muscle and nothing else. He had short cropped hair and a hot well-trimmed beared with his hair bleached blonde and his beared left his native dark thick black. This guy wore just a normal cotton t-shirt with surfing stuff written on it and, unfortunately, baggy running pants. He walked around with that "I'm a big guy but I'm pretending to be modest" strut and wore that t-shirt tightly but not so tight that it was arrogant about giving himself away. He couldn't help it, however, because his huge peaked biceps were squeezing the life out of the cotton sleeves on his big t-shirt when he wasn't even flexing. He would just be standing or sitting there and it looked as though he had a small orange sitting on top of his arm, just subtly bouncing there a little as he moved. Awesome... you could clearly see every thick vein and striation of forearm muscle in his lower arms and you could see the thick vein in his neck pop a little as he moved his head around. When he turned around one time I could see how the immaculate v-taper of his back showed through his t-shirt so that the top/shoulders were stretching thin and his shoulder blades were pushing through the shirt while the bottom of the shirt hung loose and open. It was a sight to be seen my friends, thick, defined, and everything I ever wanted to be in terms of body.

:P

Sorry but my descriptive powers just do not do this guy justice, definitely the best muscle sighting I've had in at least 6 months, including the guys at my gym.
  #311   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2004, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Brent,YOU ARE A CHARACTER!
??could be fat?? Don?t pull your punches on the new guy, just give it to him right between the eyes!
Holly crap, I'm sorry. Please trust me when I say that I didn't realize you have 19 inch guns when I said that. Oh, and I do tend to be blunt.
Quote:
?COULD BE I?M JUST SHY, TOO! But I guess if you?ve stuck with me this far, you?re not going to buy that. I really and truly don?t have the right equipment to post pictures.
Sure you don't. you should be able to take any disposable camera to most discount stores, and get a picture CD with your prints. Some film labs will even post then to the Internet for you in .jpeg format. You don't really need special equipment anymore.
Quote:

I?ll admit, I have some padding and some pounds I?d like to shift north but to be honest, I?m what you call big-boned and solid. The few times I?ve tried to hit the weights, the body and metabolism seemed to respond pretty well?circumstances never allowed for much consistency, though, so I?ve never really been able to take it very far. A bodybuilder buddy of mine from high school wanted to see what kind of a monster he could turn me into back when we were both home from college (a FEW years ago) only my metabolism from hell wouldn?t let me get past 200 pounds. That?s obviously not a problem anymore so I figure I?ll give the monster thing a try (naturally, though).
Sounds like you will quickly become a monster. Please take mercy on us mortals!
Quote:

When you?re my size you tend to attract attention just by walking in a room (or when someone bounces off your chest, right Ethernet_jock) so I?m not one to really seek out the spotlight (though I seem to be doing okay with that here?maybe another kind of monster is in the making). Sometimes people have a hard time seeing past the size, though, and I wonder what it would be like to be ?just another guy? instead of a head taller and half again as big as most people in the room?but I only wonder for a little while?sounds like a ?grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side? muscle / height story?
That's always been my dream. I hope you can enjoy being that big!
Quote:

I bet you guys are ready to kick me back to the shadows?I told you I get wordy when I write!
No, I enjoyed your post. The only thing that I'd like to kick to the side is the white font. This forum has a couple skins, and in the one I'm using, it was displayed as white font, on a white background... NOT EASY! Plain text is much easier to read universally.
Quote:

Anyway?thanks for the welcome and I?ll keep an eye out for more muscle in my travels. I promise the ?reports? will be much briefer in the future!
Lucas
The reason I'll suggest a briefer post, is so you may post more often. If all your posts are long, then you won't post as many.

Thank you!
  #312   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:52 AM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Lucas,
Hey, I'd like to join the other guys in saying welcome to the board and to the light (recently converted ex-lurker myself). And I'll join the chorus in saying " 6'5", 275 lbs, 19" guns, 52" chest -- WOW, impressive stats!" Hmmm . . . with you and EJ around, I'm going to have to consider taking that "Big" out of my handle. And yeah, please post some pics, one way or another. Since you've decided to get serious with the weights, we're all eagerly looking forward to watching your transformation from, uh . . . , from "monster" to "even bigger monster."

Now, about airline seats. I'm not as big as Lucas or EJ, but I'm big enough for this to be one of my top-ten pet peeves. Whenever I fly, I always end up with bruises on my knees from having them jammed up against the tray-table brackets. Good human engineering guys: yeah, let's put some pieces of sharp-edged metal right where tall guys' knees go.

I can usually find a way to get somewhat comfortable if I get an aisle seat (apart from having my feet stepped on, and having my shoulder repeatedly whacked by the food cart), but things get really hellish when I get stuck in a middle seat on a full flight. I really hate it when they come on the intercom and say "Ladies and gentlemen, we have completely full flight today, so please put your smaller carry-on items under the seat in front of you, so we can free up space in the overhead bins for the larger items." OK ... so my laptop case is supposed to go under the seat in front of me. And where am I supposed to put my FEET??

Usually, when I'm in that situation, I can use my size to at least claim the arm rests. Or, if I'm really lucky, some kindly small person in the aisle seat, usually a woman, will notice how uncomfortable I look and offer to switch seats with me (thank you, thank you, whoever you are ...). But there have been a few memorable occassions when I've been stuck in the middle seat, and I'm actually the little guy. (Real smart, airline people -- find the three biggest guys on the plane, and put them all together in one row!). Typically, when this kind of thing happens, I'll be sandwiched between two fat guys in business suits. But there was one occassion several years ago -- and this is my reason for going off on this rant -- that it was a lot more interesting.

I was flying from Pittsburgh to Seattle, and -- oh, joy! -- I had been assigned a middle seat. When I got to my row, all hope of a remotely comfortable flight disappeared when I saw the big chubby guy in a business suit sitting in the window seat. I squeezed in next to him and turned to watch the line of boarding passengers, wondering who was going to end up next to me (oh please, oh please, let it be someone small and slender ... ).

As it turned out, the guy who was actually aimed at that aisle seat was someone I couldn't help but notice as soon as he stepped on the plane. Standing about 6'5" or so, his tanned face and close-cropped blond hair, sitting on top of a bull neck and massive shoulders, loomed over all the shorter people filing in ahead of him. I actually had noticed this guy back in the boarding area. It was summer and he was wearing shorts, and it was his legs that had first grabbed my attention. He had massive calves, and thighs that had to be well over the 30" mark, and they were hard and ripped -- with clear striations in those massive quads that jumped out with each step. He was wearing a t-shirt that was meant to be baggy, but it couldn't hide those cannonball shoulders, massive pecs, or, I'm guessing, 20"+ biceps. All highlighted by a deep tan. I'm guessing he weighed in at around 285 lbs., with low body fat.

So I watch this guy as he works his way down the aisle, ducking and turning sideways as he goes, and he stops at my row. Major mixed feelings. I mean, it's clear I'm not even going to have room to breathe, but Wow! this guy is impressive.

Turns out he was a really nice guy. We broke the ice by talking about -- you guessed it -- how tiny airplane seats were. When he sat down, his rock hard boulder of a shoulder pressed several inches into my space, but we figured out a way adjust the reclining seat backs so we could both breathe a bit. I was wearing shorts as well, and I was struck by how scrawny my legs looked compared to his. And when we good-naturedly fought over the arm rest (of course he won), I couldn't help but be struck by how solid and hard those massive arms were.

So, who was this guy? He was a Pittsburgh Steeler. Or actually, an almost-Pittsburgh Steeler. He had been selected in that year's draft, coming out of the U. of Washington, but had not made the final cut after rookie training camp. So he was heading home after having his NFL dreams dashed. Majorly bummed out, poor guy. I tried to cheer him up. He was a really nice, soft-spoken, considerate guy, and I was really impressed at how, despite his huge size, he was always making an effort to make sure he wasn't encroaching on my space too much. Hope things turned out well for him.

So, all in all, it wasn't a bad flight, after all. Still got bruises on my knees, though.
  #313   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2004, 04:42 PM

ottomun6
Alarm! Alarm!! The Giants Are Coming!!

Calling all short guys!, calling all short guys!! The giants are forming an alliance!!
It won't be long before they start knocking us around and take our hard earned food supplies so they can grow even bigger!!
Reinforce your doors and windows,write your congressman (if he's not tall that is!)
I don't know what we're going to do with everything being scaled up in size!
How are we going to be able to reach the overhead bins?! I'm sure we'll be uncomfortable when our feet can't reach the floor!
Heck!, how are we going to be able to drive?!?

I'm on to you- EJ, Lucas, and BigSteve!, you'll never get away with this...what's that noise?.... HEY! put my refrigerator down!!

Last edited by ottomun6; July 21st, 2004 at 04:49 PM.
  #314   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:10 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
MUTANTS,i tell you...!

don't worry about a thing,ottumun.the thin air&neck problems will eventually do them in.
  #315   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2004, 02:22 AM

Man, I LUV summer!

Picture this...jogging path, big old BEEFY boy in onion skin shorts (basically two sheets of nylon flapping in the wind), and I can see his pecs bouncing and his thighs rolling FROM THE 11TH FLOOR! Ya think my boss would question binoculars? I think I'm gonna start jogging.

As far as airplanes go...I leave for the airport 3 hours before flight time (it's only 15 minutes away), not because of security or having to park out on the south 40 in the economy lot, but to get the exit row. I don't care if it is a middle seat if it means saving my knee caps. I figure if I'm in the middle, there's no place for me to go so my traveling companions are gonna have to lean outward. (I haven't had to test that theory with an NFL candidate, though)

Speaking of knees...two things:
1) I'm really a gentle kind of guy until people start swinging so...if you're going to take a shot at the knees, make the first shot count 'cause you're only gonna get one; and
2) If you make it count, get out of the way...when a big man falls, you DON'T want to be in the way when he lands.

Now, do I smell steak in someone's refrigerator???
  #316   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2004, 06:01 AM

ethernet_jock
hahaha... Lucas... YOU are a character man... no doubt.

Quote:
Now, do I smell steak in someone's refrigerator???
Dude, it's ottomun, he's been holding out on us!! I overheard him admit to another munchkin that he had a full half of a cow's worth of steaks in his freezer in his garage!! I say we pay a little visit
  #317   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2004, 11:37 AM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Mmmmmm. Steak ..... Let's go!
  #318   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:43 PM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Picture this...jogging path, big old BEEFY boy in onion skin shorts (basically two sheets of nylon flapping in the wind), and I can see his pecs bouncing and his thighs rolling FROM THE 11TH FLOOR! Ya think my boss would question binoculars? I think I'm gonna start jogging.
One more reason why I envy people who actually have windows in their offices...

Quote:
...when a big man falls, you DON'T want to be in the way when he lands.
Very true! I have always heard that "the bigger they are, the harder they fall!"
  #319   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:57 PM

ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteve6ft3
Mmmmmm. Steak ..... Let's go!
Well you guys have to remember, you have to take an airplane to get out here! And since I have connections in the airline industry...I'm having the legroom on all flights reduced as we speak!!
You'll never be able to fit, so my steaks are safe
  #320   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:07 PM

I can drive to OHIO for steak!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text