The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
  #201   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:14 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Sounds like the perfect ice breaker- -just walk up to him, put your hands on his pecs and ask if he has any plans to build the rest of body ?
  #202   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2004, 06:44 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
How's this for the ultimate in muscle sightings!

[COLOR=Silver]At 10.00pm BST (5.00pm EDT, 2.00pm PDT) Big Brother 5 launched in the UK with the arrival of the new housemates. Housemate number 3 (Jason Cowan) from Glasgow, Scotland) like the rest of the housemates arrived in a blacked out limo, but boy did he give the 7 odd million viewers a suprise![/COLOR]

Me, Jason, You, Astonished

Last edited by CelticMuscle; May 29th, 2004 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Format and URL addition
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #203   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2004, 08:55 AM
LeatherGryphon

Cool Tuxedo, literally cool
  #204   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2004, 09:07 AM

ottomun6
muscles wandering around the house

Rats! I guess we won't see this stud on TV in the U.S.

Celticmuscle, can you give us a peek from time to time?
  #205   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2004, 09:26 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
NotBigEnuff,
I have no idea how he developed only the one muscle group. I just know what I saw.

CelticMuscle,
This dude looks great. Thank you for sharing with us!

BBC America Program buyers,
Please run this season of Big Brother!

There's my 2?
  #206   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 30th, 2004, 07:44 AM

ottomun6
Hope everyone has a great holiday. I also hope some of you guys have some muscle sightings or experience something muscle wise to talk about.
Seems like we really like hearing others' experiences I mean look at the amount of "views" for Muscle sightings! If you have been holding back, worried that someone will recognize the situation, just change a couple of details to make it more general. (if the guy you saw went from a blue mohawk to a bald head, just say he got a haircut)

I bet there are a lot of stories just waiting to be told, at least tell it before you forget.
  #207   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 30th, 2004, 04:36 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Sighting Tips

Just got back from a day trip to a popular resort area--and I have decided that these types of places are the best to go to if you want to casually bump into some serious muscle. By this I mean, find a place with lots of bars and a historic attraction or two and just sit for a while and watch. I swear that on my trip today I say more muscular guys in one space than ever--even the "family men" seemed to have muscle (on in particular, with his wife and kids, was wearing a tight black tank top that left no muscle unrevealed!). And this was in the daytime--the place hadn't even started crawling with all the night time partygoers.

Looks like it's going to be a great summer....
  #208   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2004, 05:08 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Cedar Point is THAT good?

:-)

rpj
  #209   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:36 AM

ottomun6
Question Muscle in amusement parks

RPJ and Notbigenuff, I seem to remember King's Island has a gay day somewhere towards the end of summer. Do you happen to know what day it is?
  #210   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:56 AM

Notbigenuff
Close but no cigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
Cedar Point is THAT good?

:-)

rpj
Actually, not Cedar Point but it was in view from where I was--think the Lake Erie Islands and start planning a trip to Kelly's Island or to Put-In-Bay on South Bass Island!
  #211   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:58 AM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
RPJ and Notbigenuff, I seem to remember King's Island has a gay day somewhere towards the end of summer. Do you happen to know what day it is?
Sorry, I don't know in particular about gay day at King's Island, but it seems that most major parks have one now--though usually unofficially. I've never been able to figure out which secret society sets the date. Apparently, I'm at the wrong meetings when this is done...
  #212   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM

ottomun6
Cool

I just snuck into the secret meeting and found this: www.pkipridenight.com
...Mum's the word...shhh!

I also found Cedar point has an unofficial one on Father's day, but I seem to remember this is a tad awkward. The news reported it last year and needless to say there were some confused straight families that went to the park that day.
If I were straight and taking the family there that day, I guess I'd be upset too.
Family attire tends to be different from gay "cruising" clothes.
They probably should set an official date, to avoid the confusion.
  #213   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:10 AM

with all this muscle in the parks in the Mid-West...

Maybe my husband and I should move to Ohio. It's supposed to be the battle-ground state this election (hint: Ohio has the paperless Diebolt machines that are guaranteed to give Ohio's electoral votes to the GOP, so all Ohioans should consider signing up for an absentee ballot). My husband dreams of living within an hour of Cedar-Point to, how convenient...
  #214   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:47 AM
LeatherGryphon

You'll love Ohio it's flat & featurless, it has all the perfect weather, heat, humidity, tornados, blizzards, three week rain storms, and besides it's got several cultural advantages like Cleveland and Erie and snuggles right up against Kentucky and West Virginia. And the accent of the people will really challenge your audio recognition software. There are no Tom's or Tommy's in Ohio, they are Taum and Taummy.

Then again who am I judge? I live in Florida where there are no elephants because the mosquitos carried them away years ago. The rivers stink like rotten vegetation much of the year. The tourists invade in uncaring insolent demanding hordes every year. There are no basements because you'd be below sea level in most places. The ground opens up every now and then and swallows houses or car dealerships or sometimes roads. Spiders as big as small birds rear up on their hind legs and charge you AFTER you've swatted them with the business end of a broom. Cockroaches the size of mice skitter across your floor with a "ha ha I'm faster than you are" defiant attitude. Ants build three foot diameter 10 inch high mounds seemingly overnight and don't you dare step among them or an army of poisonous vicious suicidal fire-ants will attack you in waves causing welts that take weeks to heal and sometimes never do heal properly. The grass grows spiney seed pods that puncture bicycle tires.

The biggest cultural event is when Englebert Humperdink comes to the local theater every year. The average age is older than God and their driver's licenses prove it. Oh I love Florida.

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; May 31st, 2004 at 10:50 AM.
  #215   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:27 PM

ottomun6
Wink

Actually Ohio's not really featureless, I think I saw a one inch ant hill on the west side of Cleveland 12 years ago

I think Florida is a great place to visit, but I think I'm a wuss when it comes large flying bugs (banana bugs?) It triggers my "duck, its going for my ear" response.
  #216   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:15 AM

Ohio vs. Florida

I don't think I can handle Florida, I hate bugs. On the other hand, we have so many, "Features" (hills, mountains, rivers, lakes, valleys, forests, islands, sloughs, beaches, and dykes) that I am pretty much sick of them (the one thing they all have in common is that they all take extra gas and time to drive over/around. Now the three week long rain storm sounds nice & short since we typically have 9 months of rain (late September to late June). I'm actually headed to Las Vegas, NV. They have cheap housing, lots of jobs, and you have to leave town to be bothered by all the features. I'm just scared of living in a Republican state. Now that's scarier than any bug.
  #217   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:03 AM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
Now Brent, it could be worse; you could be in Seattle, where every road quickly ends in a cliff or a body of water, and you have to drive ten miles out of your way to find it again lol. At least in Portland, the roads go through! But I know what you mean, having spent enough years doing delivery myself in Portland.

Personally, there isn't enough money on earth to make me live in Vegas. All the tackiness in the world crammed into a red-hot oven. And the country around there is so damn ugly!

Every time I try to live somewhere ugly, like L.A. for instance, in a few months I am so starved for beauty I am back in the northwest in no time. When you grow up surrounded by beauty, you don't realize how psychologically dependent on it you are until it isn't there anymore.
  #218   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:44 AM

Driving in Portland

Bull, I'm sure you know that most streets in Portland only go through for only about 20 blocks (1 mile) then they tend to have a weird jog, end, or turn into a 1-way (in the other direction). However, they are on a good grid, and like driving around Mt. Tabor, if you stick to the grid, all will be well. I know what you are saying about Sea-Town. If you miss your turn-off, you are screwed in Seattle. I used to live in Auckland, NZ and that was about the same: stick to your directions, NO MATTER WHAT!!! I've been back in Portland for about ten years, and I can't take another grey-period. Also, what good is all the scenery, when most of it is blocked by the clouds? However, I do realize that Portland's beauty is much more than the landscape, it's what the community has done with it. I would miss the architecture, the gardens, the public art, the parks, the diverse neighborhoods, and the public performances. I've noticed that architecture in Las Vegas has borrowed a lot for California: start with a box, and a gate, then go from there...
  #219   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:54 AM

Portland's finest

So I was driving home yesterday afternoon, and the firefighters had 4 of the 5 lanes blocked off, as they were backing a truck in. Their were 2 big, beefy firemen signaling directions to the driver. Both of them were huge, and built, and wearing their dark blue t-shirts that have white PDFD on them (think of the t-shirts that they wear in NYC that say FDNY on them) same style. Very sexy, I even thought of setting fire to my car!
  #220   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:49 PM

Bull
I know, endless months of grey can be hard to take. But since global warming has kicked-in, we really don't get those any more. It's rare now for more than two weeks to go by without some sun, even in winter. Bad for the ecology no doubt, but it sure makes life in the northwest a lot more pleasant!

I have found that when I have lived somewhere sunny, I get just as tired of endless sun. I like variety. Right now, the weather is alternating between sun and rain, and it is so beautiful here because of that. The plants think they are in the tropics, and are exploding with growth and blossoms. The greens are mouthwatering, the blue sky has that intense, rain-washed clarity; I just love it. I have known so many people who have moved from here to the "sunbelt," and they are always back within a few years. Who wants to run from an air-conditioned car to an air-conditioned house to an air-conditioned store; it's oppresive.

But; to each his own.

The worst thing about driving in Portland is the non-stop roadwork and construction. I always say: "Portland will be a great city if they ever finish it." LOL. And then, there are the accidents that always clog the freeways during rush hour; but I suppose that is true anywhere.
  #221   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2004, 04:09 PM

There are so many accidents, because it's always raining, or because people are blinded by the sun. Today is the first sunny day we've had in a month, and this is an abnormally nice year. You have to love global warming... the best idea I've heard of in years I don't plan on having kids, so I'm not all that concerned about things that will take more than 60 years. I'm sure that I will one day move back to Portland, but God I can use a break from the rain (like more than 2 days).
The other thing that kills traffic in Portland is the cap on building freeways. I wish this city wasn't quite as anti-car as they are.
I'm still laughing about the, "great city if they ever finish it" comment. At least it isn't as bad as in the 1990's when FTC (Fiber optics To the Curb) was in vogue, and tens of billions of dollars worth of fiber cable was blown blow Portland's streets, never to find a use/market. Actually, I don't think this city can ever been finished, since all the streets are so narrow. Seattle & SF were both knocked down & rebuilt with foresight at one point, but Portland has never had that. So our street were too narrow 120 years ago, and they will never change.
  #222   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2004, 05:21 PM

Bull
You mean those people aren't deliberately having accidents just to inconvenience me? It isn't all about ME?! LOL. I've always said rain is a lot more dangerous than snow, because people don't realize it is. I once spun my car completely around on I5 going 55, due to rain.

I've never understood why they allow parking on those narrow downtown side streets. They should put up more parking structures and open those up to traffic. It would make a world of difference in the traffic, and make downtown a lot more attractive too.

We are all going to have to get a lot more "anti-car" if we don't want to be at the mercy of Arabs forever.

You may well have been having more rain there than up here in Longview; I forget that. Portland weather is usually a bit more extreme than here, thanks to the Gorge.

I'll stop trying to talk you out of moving now. I just don't want to lose a nice guy to Sodom-In-The-Desert. You'll come back in a blue pants-suit, puffing on a Kool, and swinging a patent-leather purse full of tokens, I just know it...
  #223   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:03 PM
LeatherGryphon

A while back someone challenged me to show my legs that had received complements. OK, so here they are freshly back from a 10 mile trip to the beach this afternoon, 98 degree 98% humidity. Be nice, remember I'm ancient.
  #224   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
think about clipless pedals -- Scott

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #225   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:40 PM
LeatherGryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
think about clipless pedals -- Scott
Thinking about them is all I could do. Can you say penniless? I wanted a nice bike like I had in the 70's but I don't have $1400.00 This bike is a $100.00 wonder from Wal-Mart. It's a wonder it works as well as it does. I scrape skin oil from my face to lubricate the chain. The lightning bugs I keep in a jar for a light keep dying. Those jeans I have on are my best pair. Hell, I can't afford used t-shirts to have one without ripped out arms for formal wear, much less special pedals and special shoes. Nice idea but it's for the rich. Be thankful you're employed. Nobody wants a old computer person.
  #226   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:46 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherGryphon
Thinking about them is all I could do. Can you say penniless? I wanted a nice bike like I had in the 70's but I don't have $1400.00 This bike is a $100.00 wonder from Wal-Mart. It's a wonder it works as well as it does. I scrape skin oil from my face to lubricate the chain. The lightning bugs I keep in a jar for a light keep dying. Those jeans I have on are my best pair. Hell, I can't afford used t-shirts to have one without ripped out arms for formal wear, much less special pedals and special shoes. Nice idea but it's for the rich. Be thankful you're employed. Nobody wants a old computer person.
Sorry to hear it. The advantage to clipless is that it works the legs better, being able to not only push on the downstroke but pull on the upstroke. Hills are also helpful, but I guess that's also not an option in Florida

I remember reading an article that Steve Reeves built his legs by biking in NoCal. And besides the advantage of building great big ripped thighs and diamond-hard calves, there's also the advantage of SPANDEX!

Take care,
Scott

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #227   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2004, 01:05 PM

Bull
Nobody wants a young computer person right now either. I have a nephew who's a computer genius, and he hasn't had a job in almost two years.

You may be broke, but you've got some nice pins there, Grampa! So if you use the oil from your face to lube the chain, what do you use to lube...other things...?
  #228   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2004, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
And besides the advantage of building great big ripped thighs and diamond-hard calves, there's also the advantage of SPANDEX!

Take care,
Scott
UG! God, NO!!! No more spandex! I don't care if you have better wheels than Paul De Mayo, I still hate spandex.

BTW, nobody wants a middle-aged computer person either. I'll work for cheap, but the economy is in the toilette.
  #229   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2004, 09:20 AM
LeatherGryphon

Ah, now we've heard about the unemployed old, young, and middle aged computer people. Perhaps we can all get together and create a muscle sighting video net. You know, something like this:

LIVE from Main St. Somewhere, a hunk on the move. We take you now to our on the scene correspondent.

Yes Chris, just moments ago in front of the local post office here in Somewhere, a muscle sighting was made and we've arrived in time to catch that last fleeting peek at a perfect posterior passing painfully and perenially from our sight. Thank the employed engineers and sofware designers in Japan and Korea for providing these marvelous video cell phones that make this type of reporting possible.

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; June 4th, 2004 at 09:24 AM.
  #230   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2004, 09:53 PM

ottomun6
Thumbs up Muscle Sighting channel

I like it!!
Maybe we can get some sound effects too
  #231   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:15 PM

Notbigenuff
Speaking of Muscle Sightings....

Had a nice muscle sighting earlier today. I was at an "event" with several friends and aquaintances--including some who hadn't seen each other in a few months. One of the young men in this group, who I see on a see on a semi-regular basis (not "see" as in dating, but "see" as in observing and casual interaction) has appeared to be growing in all the right places over the last couple of months. Being only casual aquaintances I haven't mentioned anything to him about my observation.

Anyway, one of the people at this event just got back in town for the summer (she attends college out of state) and noticed that this young man has put on some muscle. She grabs his arm and says "when did this happen?" He looks at her and says, "what? Oh, you mean this?" and then flexes his arm for her revealing his newly enlarged bicep--which now forms an impressive lump. He then tells the young lady that his abs are harder now to--but declines to lift his t-shirt so that she can see.

This young man also happens to be thin by nature (i.e. disgustingly low body-fat) so that even though he isn't very "big" by bodybuilder standards his muscles are really starting to show. The fact that he is tall and painfully good looking doesn't hurt one bit either!
  #232   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2004, 05:44 PM

Sounds like you had a fun time at this event. Since he's an acquaintance, maybe you guys will be able to watch each-other grow over time?
  #233   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:15 PM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
Sounds like you had a fun time at this event. Since he's an acquaintance, maybe you guys will be able to watch each-other grow over time?
Maybe, we don't meet again until the fall--I'm hoping to see big changes in both of us when we next meet!
  #234   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:53 AM

By fall give time for him to show big changes. It also gives you time as well. Maybe you should take a camera next time?
  #235   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
Maybe you should take a camera next time?
Well, I do try to keep my camera handy--but I'm not quite sure how to get him to flex for me...at least I have a couple of months to think about it. Of course, if I get some of the ladies to assist in this project....hmmmmm.
  #236   Add to Sporty_guy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Someone order a demi-god?

Sporty_guy
My next door neighbor (how stereotypical) underwent a massive transformation!
I never really see him much, so it was a huge surprise..
I've known for while now that he was in a footy team, and that he likes to go surfing and stuff, but at the beginning of this year I got the shock of my life..
This guy was always average height, but pretty poor build. Me and my family went away overseas at christmas, and to our farm before that for a few weeks , and when we got back it was a month or two later.
On the night of sighting, I was waiting for a friend to arrive at my place, whom I'd invited, and I was pacing up and down the sidewalk, when this topless guy walks out of next door's gate with a hose and starts watering the nature strip. (Note that Chirstmas in Australia is summer) At first I didn't recognise him, but as he turned around and I realised who it was I was absolutely lost for both breath and words. My little next door neighbor had absolutely beefed up. I mean, since I last took notice of him a couple of months ago (like, 6 or 7), he's packed on literally kilos of muscle. His chest was the most impressive, very huge new defined pecs.. Although he has developed a bit of a gut (which I gotta say, still looks really good on him) he still looks unbelievably fit.. Other really instantly recognisable changes were his really massive guns. It was seriously like one of the stories here, because while he was watering, not knowing I was watching, open mouthed, he scratched his head a few times and his biceps have grown really big, and his shoulders are MUCH broader than they were a year before.
I couldn't let the chance pass, 'cause I've heard of that happening too often, so I walked over, praying he wouldn't hear my heart thudding under my shirt, and began talking to him.
Apparently months of eating and eating, and training twice a day really payed off for him!! He goes surfing like, every day with his mates, and is absolutely obsessed with his footy, which I'm loving.. I hardly ever see him, but he's still growing, because he came over a month or two ago to drop a shirt off for my bro, and his poor t-shirt was literally almost bursting!! I think he knows I like him, and he's strutting his stuff.. No complaints here!

SG
  #237   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2004, 01:59 PM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
I can ask a dumb question

Dear Sporty:

What's a 'footy?' I've narrowed it down to Aussie Rules Football or traditional football (US Soccer). Is either one correct?
  #238   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2004, 02:45 PM

ottomun6
Talking

I was going to ask the same dumb question, but RadRx beat me.

Anyway, Sportyguy WOW!! I only wish we could see what he looks like before and after. How tall is he? And what was his before/ after weight? For that matter, if he is still growing, did he say how big he wants to get?
  #239   Add to Sporty_guy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Someone order a demi-god?

Sporty_guy
I have no idea how much he weighs. But he's roughly 5' 11", (I hope I got the " and ' around the right way...) He said he's still training and will be for quite some time, but I f he keeps going at the rate he's going at he's going to find it hard to walk..
I didn't mention his quads before, but they were also extremely impressive, think hams.

And for those of you that don't know what AFL is, here's Aussie footy: AFL
Usually the guys that play in the AFL never get beyond about 87kg, (191lbs). It's not rugby or soccer.
And a personal favourite site of mine : http://www.shirtlessafl.com/

SG
  #240   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2004, 06:48 PM

Now there's a great sport! All I know is that the shirtless AFL link is great!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options