The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
  #721   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter
...Our gym doesn't allow tank tops or any sleeveless shirts, ...
HWHAAA?!?!!??!
WHAT KIND OF GYM DO YOU GO TO?!?!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #722   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2007, 07:57 PM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus
HWHAAA?!?!!??!
WHAT KIND OF GYM DO YOU GO TO?!?!
It's a college gym.
  #723   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2007, 09:23 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's a college gym.
As much as I hate it, the gym in my college is the same way.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #724   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
It's a college gym.
what college do you go to, brigham young? my college gym didn't have such ridiculous rules.
  #725   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus
what college do you go to, brigham young? my college gym didn't have such ridiculous rules.
It's not about modesty, it's because of a fungus that gets transmitted on the benches from skin contact. We had a case where a student got the fungus near his eye and if it had got into is eye he would have lost vision in that eye. That's what I was told by the supervisor. Too many people don't clean up after themselves in the weight room. They have disinfectant and paper towels to clean the benches, but no one uses them. I wipe the equipment before and after I use it.
  #726   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:59 AM

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001439.htm There's an aritcle on it if you want to read up.
  #727   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:04 AM

Slevin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's not about modesty, it's because of a fungus that gets transmitted on the benches from skin contact. We had a case where a student got the fungus near his eye and if it had got into is eye he would have lost vision in that eye. That's what I was told by the supervisor. Too many people don't clean up after themselves in the weight room. They have disinfectant and paper towels to clean the benches, but no one uses them. I wipe the equipment before and after I use it.
Well I'm a pragmatic germaphobe :P

When I see people use there god damn sweaty personal towels to wipe the pads down I want to smack them. You are not cleaning the equipment you are compounding the bacteria and spreading it.

The problem is you could have 150 clean people use a peice of equipment and it only takes one guy that's not hygenic to spread bacteria.

Most people as long as you take some measure to clean yourself from time to time don't have that kind of bacteria. What get's me is chances are it's people with active fungal infections that spread it.

Ring worm is just one example. It's also hard to get rid of once it gets on mats.

*gets off soapbox*
  #728   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
...o.k.,...well...i think i'll just leave it at that.
  #729   Add to jerseyflex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM

jerseyflex is on a distinguished road
I ran a gym at a major university and we had the same rule. it was a real pain to enforce (college guys - well the built ones anyway - were always taking their shirts off to flex / show off. we were told a few reasons why we had to prohibit it: 1) sanitary reasons / liability insurance (see above) and 2) intimidation (those not as in shape) my boss used to tell those that did it "hey, this isnt Golds in Venice" - or "hey this isnt a playgirl shoot - now get dressed"
  #730   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:03 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Our 2-week NZ / Australia cruise was great but for the most part there was a dearth of really noteworthy eye candy. On the other hand...

One of our fellow passengers was a guy in his late 20s, early 30s. Shaved head, chinstrap facial hair, about 6'2, 250 lbs., GIANT arms! They were over 20 inches easily, probably more like 22 inches, totally massive, with kanji-style characters going down the back of his tris on each side. I never saw him without his shirt on so I don't know how the rest of him stacked up but he rarely wore shirts with sleeves so I wasn't complaining.

Apparently straight as a board, of course. Never more than three feet away from his gf / fiancee / wife, a tiny (5'2, 100 lbs., maybe?) blonde bombshell with a waist about the same size as one of his arms.

Mmm mmm mmm!

Richard
  #731   Add to martinp13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:51 AM

martinp13 is on a distinguished road
Did you at least get a picture or 27?
  #732   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13
Did you at least get a picture or 27?
Don't I wish! I don't think they went on ANY shore excursions, usually my best opportunities for surreptitious clicking! Doing it on the ship is a little too, uh, obvious!

As it is, he's permanently inscribed on my eyeballs! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #733   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:57 AM

Oh, and...

In the Nadi airport (Fiji) and on our flight to Los Angeles:

One of a trio of early 20s surfer types, about 6 ft., about 200 lbs., nice big arms (again with the sleeveless) shirt.

Kept checking me out (in Nadi and at LAX Customs), mostly I think because I was being obvious about checking HIM out. I'm guessing "straight but gets off on impressing gay guys..." :-)

There were a jillion surfers in Sydney, ALL of 'em wearing wetsuits (it rained the whole time we were there...) How sad is that? (Well, not TOO sad, obviously, since we were THERE!)

rpj
  #734   Add to timostark's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:33 AM

timostark is on a distinguished road
Looking big in uniform

I work in an environment where many men and women in uniform work, and it has been a long cold winter. Many of us have been wearing long sleeves and multiple layers trying to stay warm. Well this past Monday, one of my co-workers came into work wearing short sleeves and BOOM! His arms have exploded since last autumn. His forearms looked to be about the size of my thighs and his upper arms about the size of my waist. What was interesting was the shirt seemed to change his entire presentation - how he stood, how he walked (Swagger with lats flared), how he moved his paper work around. Everything looked more deliberate and also more powerful.
  #735   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM

So today I'm on the cardio bike and this "kid" from from the gym comes by and at first just says hi, then walks over and starts a conversation. This guy is awesome, 21, 5'9" 210# of solid muscle. He had his shirt off and I couldn't help but stare at his body. His pecs are hard enough you can see the fibers twitch when he is relaxed and just moves his arms. I've seen him lifting before and I know he's a freak in the gym. Really personable though. He said that 3 years ago he was around 250# and fat. Amazing what 3 years of dedication and hard lifting can do.
  #736   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 17th, 2008, 09:13 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter View Post
So today I'm on the cardio bike and this "kid" from from the gym comes by and at first just says hi, then walks over and starts a conversation. This guy is awesome, 21, 5'9" 210# of solid muscle. He had his shirt off and I couldn't help but stare at his body. His pecs are hard enough you can see the fibers twitch when he is relaxed and just moves his arms. I've seen him lifting before and I know he's a freak in the gym. Really personable though. He said that 3 years ago he was around 250# and fat. Amazing what 3 years of dedication and hard lifting can do.
Just comes over and says hi, huh? Not the kind of thing that happens to me - maybe there was just a little spark between you two young muscled studs?

Okay - going off into an off topic fantasy of my own now (hahahaha)
  #737   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM

The guy has been emailing me lifting advice and I saw him the gym tonight and talked briefly. His arms and pecs straining the shirt he was wearing. Talk about hot!
  #738   Add to viamanmax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:30 PM

viamanmax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to viamanmax
You have to keep us informed about this guy.
  #739   Add to BergMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM

BergMuscle is on a distinguished road
I was riding the train to work this morning and a guy got on wearing just a t-shirt (it's still a bit cool for that in the morning) and it was obvious this guy knew his way around a gym. Not huge, but good sized pecs and a nice set of guns. Just an overall tall, strong looking guy. It was a real nice treat for my ride.
  #740   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:08 AM

Ah, April...

The weather (in Western New York, at any rate) finally warms up and the hottie boys start wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts and, well, erm, that's a good thing!

Today's contest winner:

About 5'10, about 180, hard as a rock, big beefy arms, short dark hair, late 20s, clean cut, woof! And a olive green Quiksilver t-shirt.

I need to go to the gym!
  #741   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
I've noticed a crazy transformation in one guy on campus. So, this guy's the leader of the football team's offensive line, huge guy, red hair and chin beard, probably like 6 foot, 280lb, big gut, huge pecs, beefy arms, wide shoulers, kinda waddles when he walks he's so big. Unfortunately he's also a gay-bashing southern a-hole, but that's besides the point...he's gigantic and hot.

I noticed the last couple times I saw him that he looked a little smaller, but I wasn't sure...it didn't seem to make sense to me, because he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would have the dedication to lose a lot of weight so fast like that (his last season of college football ended last fall, and he was 270 or 280 then). I noticed him getting out of a car the other day, and I hardly recognized him, he was so much smaller...his gut was gone.

Then today, I saw him on campus playing tennis ball golf with some football bros, all shirtless...and I was shocked. His gut was almost totally gone (I almost saw some abs), but his pecs had stayed just as huge as they were before he lost weight...and I mean, looking at him with no shirt, he has to have lost like 30 or 40 pounds just in the last 5 or 6 months. His pecs were to die for though, just massive and beefy, and they looked even bigger now that his gut is gone. His arms looked leaner but still hard and muscular. I was hot when he had a gut, but now I think he looks even hotter. I saw him later today with a shirt on, and I noticed how it just draped over him like it was a size too big, but the shirt clung to his huge pecs and hung over his now-flattish stomach. Crazy.

Meanwhile, another one of my campus crushes, the football team fullback, is gaining weight. Every time I see him he looks bigger and beefier...he seems to be moving in the opposite direction of the other guy. Mmm...
  #742   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:07 AM

Iron Man

i couple of nights ago i went and saw a free screening of Iron Man at the arclight in hollywood. i meet my friends and decide to go across the street to get food. so now i 'm sitting down waiting for my order when i look out the window across the street and just happen to catch a heavy weight with his lady friend. he most have been in his mid/late 30's early 40's (shaved head with fully receded hairline) blue shirt, light colored shorts, and flip flops. wasn't really interested in his face if you know what i mean, canon ball arms and nice thick calves and legs...that made him walk funny. chest and butt were appropriately sized but nothing stellar. one of my first thoughts was that i hoped they were going to the movie but they walk pass the theater and 3 minutes later their on my side of the street walking towards the restaurant "wouldn't it be cool if they were coming here" i thought, and low and behold my order is ready right after they com in and get in line.
45 minutes and countless specimens later (a 24 hr fitness is in the same complex, so...) everybody is loading up into the theater and in pops mr. clean and friend. now for those of you who have never been to a free screening you have to wait like an hour or more in line then go in side and wait another 45 minutes or more. while inside djs from a local hip hop/pop radio station entertain the audience with games and free t-shirts. and i wonder if it was a coincidence that out of all the free screenings i've been to this was the 1st and only one to do fitness games. i think you know what happened next. mr. clean easily repped out 75+ push-ups in a minute all close to his starting rhythm.
  #743   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus View Post
i couple of nights ago i went and saw a free screening of Iron Man at the arclight in hollywood. i meet my friends and decide to go across the street to get food.
Let me guess -- Baja Fresh. Right?
Baja Fresh tends to get a bevy of buffness every now and then. (Well, it is West Hollywood adjacent after all.)
I love the Cinerama Dome (Arclight-Hollywood). It's probably the best place to see a movie in Los Angeles -- except for maybe the Los Angeles Theatre downtown. They don't make 'em like that anymore, that's for sure.
  #744   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHEON View Post
Let me guess -- Baja Fresh. Right?
o.k. how did you know that?... oh wait never mind, baja fresh is more appealing than jack-in-the-crack.
  #745   Add to RadRx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:53 AM

RadRx has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to RadRx
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus View Post
o.k. how did you know that?...
Unless Ameoba has a macrobiotic lunch counter tucked away there aren't too many options across the street from Arclight. The KooKooRoo up on Sta. Monica is also frequented by the healthier physiques.
  #746   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2008, 05:45 PM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
Sighting in London

Just wanted to relate a sighting I had today in the City of London (like the Wall Street area of New York City).

I was walking along talking to a business colleague and just as we turn into a minor road a very decent sized bodybuilder and a couple of his friends come around the same corner.

What struck me was just how I just completely stared at him and nearly walked straight into a lampost. what was really distinctive was that (and today was not a particularly warm day - in fact it had a bit of a chill to it) the guy was wearing short shorts and sneakers with no visible socks and then a fleece/Tshirt on top...the guy's legs were huge...really massive - they looked "inflated/swollen" really and way bigger than any normal guy and were also completely shaved and permatanned (he looked like a real orange fake tan look). I think it was the combination of the massive legs - the full on bodybuilder "nakedness" ie all his legs were on show and their colour/shaved look that look me back. everyone one else is walking about
in suits and business attire...at most a few people might be in tshirts and here was this guy wearing almost nothing on his lower half. He obviously was quite happy that everyone literally got an eyeful. I reckon his quads were definitely of the 30in plus variety with really "heavy"/thick look to them.

I did look back at him walking away with his buddies but then could hardly stop thinking about it all day. I ahd to keep walking with my colleague so unfortunaltey never saw where he went.

Anyone else have a complete "knees go to jelly" moment like that recently?
  #747   Add to buckley_heath's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM

buckley_heath is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to buckley_heath
"Knees go to jelly" moment?
Yeah - just today at an auction for a house.

One of the other bidders was pretty darn HUGE. I almost couldn't concentrate on the auction itself he was so damn attractive and well proportioned.

It's a pretty cool day here in Melbourne today - 8 Deg C and raining... but he was only wearing a skin tight t-shirt, jeans he was barely able to get his thighs & bubble-arse into and flip-flops...

I'd put his biceps easily at about 20-21 inches. I would have put him in the 27-29 age bracket. Dark brown eyes and a mop of longish messy brown hair.

Couldn't keep my eyes off him during the pre-auction inspection... not to mention distracting me during the auction itself. UGH! Thankfully... I managed to purchase the house! Yayy!
  #748   Add to j663vax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:55 AM

j663vax is on a distinguished road
I was driving home from work last week, when I happened to see a former UK Gladiator - Hawk - any of you guys remember him - massive guy still - should have seen how thick his biceps were - he was wearing a loose training vest, just about to get into his car. Almost crashed mine looking at him, his bicep veins real thick!
  #749   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:47 PM

vlad is on a distinguished road
Can I just quickly reiterate how amazing it is to be on a college campus in spring? There's so much goddamn beef running around...playing tennis ball golf, volleyball, just walking around with sleeveless shirts, or no shirt at all. I love spring.
  #750   Add to j663vax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:45 AM

I can agree with the hot weather bringing out the muscle!

There are loads of guys about with tight t-shirts showing off their pecs and bi's at the moment.

Saw a guy yesterday with a white tight shirt on - big big arms and large chest too.

I think some guys deliberately wear this kind of stuff to show off among their friends -who's the biggest.

Thats fine by me!
  #751   Add to mlbjock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:25 AM

mlbjock
Send a message via AIM to mlbjock Send a message via Yahoo to mlbjock
Agreed!

I live in Hoboken, just over the Hudson, in Jersey, and love the Spring. It's like a wet dream with hot beefy fratboy-like studs running around everywhere.

My favorite time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Ah, April...

The weather (in Western New York, at any rate) finally warms up and the hottie boys start wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts and, well, erm, that's a good thing!

Today's contest winner:

About 5'10, about 180, hard as a rock, big beefy arms, short dark hair, late 20s, clean cut, woof! And a olive green Quiksilver t-shirt.

I need to go to the gym!
  #752   Add to Faust2001's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Faust2001 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the Spring is awesome for muscle sightings on campus. I've seen lots of hot guys out jogging in shorts and tees that show off their beefy chests and legs on my commute home and it's actually kind of good reinforcement to hit the gym.
  #753   Add to elysiumfields's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 25th, 2008, 08:58 AM

elysiumfields is on a distinguished road
Muscles guys in Smurf paint.

Smurf Muscle....... No i'm not tripping..!

I saw an amusing sight today. On the way thru a train station today,i passed five guys perhaps no older than their late 20's. Four were bare chested and had their faces,torso's and arms painted a vivid blue and wore droopy white night caps and rather sexy skin tight white 'pants' of very thin material.Dressed up like smurfs and obviously going to some party or other lively event that involved alcohol [as they were already drinking cans of lager before London Transport bans it]. The last guy just wore a Smurfette wig and cap.

NE-hoo,...although all 4 of the bare chested 'smurfs' were quite muscular,two were positively huge..I got a good look at ones huge thick biceps and potruding pecs that were sharply defined by the blue paint.
They were in good spirits so i plucked up the courage to turn around and say to them 'You're too big big for real smurfs.What has Papa Smurf been feeding U.?' The big smurf turned around and said. "Steroids,coz i am Steroid Smurf"
and flexed his bicep.

[Yeah,i bet the other 3 were Studly Smurf,Sexy Smurf,Strong Smurf]
  #754   Add to cutlerfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Master of Muscle RP

cutlerfan has disabled reputation
Muscle Sightings

I just saw a huge guy on TV. He was Travis Ortmeyer and he was a contest in a Strongman contest. I don't know the name of it but he was really full and big in the chest and arms. He had some chest hair and I think his nips were pierced. He was so hot! Peace, cutlerfan
  #755   Add to timostark's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:49 AM

timostark is on a distinguished road
While doing a little yard work

I was out working in the garden this morning, weeding, planting, etc. Spring was very late in coming here in the upper Midwest of the US. A very beefy neighbor of mine had been running last summer. He looked to be about 5'6"-5'-8" and about 225#, a powerful bodybuilder shape (not a powerlifter, and certainly not a fitness model, a lean but powerful bull of a man). During the hot summer months, you would see him run by shirtless, and could clearly see definition in his abs and legs and vascularity on his arms. Apparently he spent the long cold winter bulking up. I just about fell over as he ran by this morning. His pace has slowed a bit, but his bulk gives him a good reason. He appears to have gained about 50#. His shoulders, back, chest, and glutes appeared to have reached explosive size. He seems to have lost some definition, but he looks like he is seriously trying to pull this altogether. I wish spring had come sooner. Here is hoping for a long hot summer.
  #756   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:37 PM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
I was at the NZ Immigration Christchurch office branch as I was enquiring a few things. There was this guy, shorter than me, probably 5'6" or 5'7" but quite beefy stocky build!!! Man he looks hot...

Wish I had the courage to go up to him and tell him he's very stocky well built and would love to see him out of his jacket! hehe... Topless even, or full naked if pushing for it.
  #757   Add to chronos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM

chronos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to chronos Send a message via Yahoo to chronos
Thursday time square around 4 pm 6'2 170ish clean cut wearing a red tank top and I think a black hat...god was he hot. Walking down W42st and broadway I believe *drool*
  #758   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:22 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
One of the perks of being a local election candidate

is that people open the door in all types of weather. During my recent experience as a candidate I knocked on some 500 doors in my ward and made a note about the person who opened it and tried to make a snap judgement as to their voting intenions based on their outward appearance. However on three occasions that failed because:

Occasion 1: The elector shouted "Can you come into the back garden?" where he was in the swimming pool

Occasion 2: The elector was in the garage just finishing a bench press session in tracksuit trousers

Occasion 3: The elector (a lady) was sunbathing in the garden (thankfully on her front).

The interesting thing is that whilst in various states of fitness (from very muscular to defined) they all said that they would consider supporting me.
  #759   Add to j663vax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM

In response to Celtic re muscle sightings, I think there must be a lot of muscle dudes in the South Wales area, all of them happy showing off their muscles on the streets and in their cars!

My neighbour - early 20's has been going to the gym (walking) in just combats and trainers, no top on, great bronzed body and amazing definition.

Also, on the train at the Weekend, sat opposite huge - and I mean HUGE guy, late 20's, with an A+F t-shirt on that was way too small. He had a few stretch outs in his seat, his veins popped up on his biceps each time.

Just as well the table concealed my raging hardon!

Summers def the best in Wales!
  #760   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2008, 01:58 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
I hope that this qualifies as a sighting

Andrew Beck comes from Shoreham in the South of England and is trying to get into the NPA and BNBF Southern Contests later this year. He's asked me to design a YAHOO group for him and so felt that I should at least offer members the chance to at least see it. The group is located here

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options